Wolf Lair 3e (Pathfinder Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Wolf Lair 3e (Pathfinder Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard)

Postby Caniswolfman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Hello All,

A few days ago I decided to go ahead and try my hand at converting Pathfinder to M&M. I took the core rulebook and converted the classes and spells as best as I could, within the system. Certain things don't work as well, but it was a fun experiment. I will post the results as I tidy them up, working my way through the classes.

Pathfinder
Barbarian
Bard
Cleric
Druid
Fighter
Monk
Paladin
Ranger
Rogue
Sorcerer
Wizard
Last edited by Caniswolfman on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Wolf Lair 3e (Pathfinder Barbarian)

Postby Caniswolfman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Pathfinder Barbarian

The Pathfinder barbarian is based around the Rage power, which increases their Strength and Constitution above normal levels. Because Power Level requirements must be met, the basis for the Rage power in this build is that the barbarian is normally under PL when not raging, but hits their PL caps while Raging.

The Distracting and Tiring flaws can be applied to barbarian powers to represent typical drawbacks of barbarian powers, either the physical toll on the body or the reckless nature of their attacks.

Pathfinder introduced Rage Powers, which only work while the barbarian is raging. The Rage powers here are modeled after that method, and all have the “Limited to only while Raging” Flaw. However, this can be taken out to allow a power to fit into a different concept.

Signature Barbarian Advantages
These are Advantages that fit the basic barbarian build
• All out Attack
• Power Attack
• Ultimate Effort (Toughness Checks)
• Skill Mastery (Athletics)
• Great Endurance
• Takedown 1
• Uncanny Dodge
• Daze (Intimidate)
• Diehard
• Startle

Barbarian Abilities
Fast Movement: Speed ∙ 1 point per rank
Rage: Enhanced Strength and Stamina, Limited to only while angry ∙ 1 point per rank of STR or STA
Rage Powers: See below
Uncanny Dodge: Uncanny Dodge ∙ 1 point
Trap Sense: Second Chance (Traps) ∙ 1 point
Improved Uncanny Dodge: Senses (Danger sense, Mental) ∙ 1 point
Damage Reduction: Impervious Toughness ∙ 1 point per rank
Greater Rage: Increase Rage bonuses
Indomitable Will (1): Immunity 30 (Will), Limited to Half Effect ∙ 15 points
Indomitable Will (2): Immunity 10 (Enchantment Effects), Limited to Half Effect ∙ 5 points
Indomitable Will (3): Second Chance (Mind Control) ∙ 1 point
Tireless Rage: Remove any Unreliable or Fatigue flaws on Rage or Rage Powers
Mighty rage: Increase Rage Bonuses

Rage Powers
Animal Fury (1): Close Damage, Strength based, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Animal Fury (2): Reaction Close Damage (When strike a target with a close attack), Strength based, Attack check Required, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 2 points per rank
Clear Mind: Ultimate Effort (Will Saves), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
Fearless Rage: Fearless, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
Guarded Stance: Immunity 30 (Parry), Activation (Move), Limited to Half Effect, Limited to only while Raging, Sustained ∙ 9 points
Increased Damage Reduction: Impervious Toughness, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Internal Fortitude (1): Immunity 30 (Fortitude), Limited to Half Effect, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 10 points
Internal Fortitude (2): Immunity 2 (Nauseating Effects), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
Intimidating Glare: Perception Range Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled), Cumulative, Limited Degree, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 2 points per rank
Knockback: Move Object, Close Range, Limited to Flinging Targets Away, Limited to only while Raging, Linked to Strength Damage ∙ 1 point per 3 ranks
Low Light Vision: Senses 1 (Low-Light), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
Mighty Swing: Enhanced Advantage (Ultimate Effort: Melee Attacks), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
Moment of Clarity: Buys off any flaws on Rage
Night Vision: Senses 2 (Darkvision), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
No Escape: Reaction Teleport (When Adjacent Enemy Moves), Limited to teleport adjacent to triggering enemy, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 3 point per rank (1 rank should suffice)
Powerful Blow: Luck Control 1 (Target must take worse of 2 rolls), Limited to Toughness Saves only, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point +1 point per rank of Luck
Quick Reflexes: Reaction Damage (Insert Trigger), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 3 point per rank
Raging Climber: Movement 1 (Wall Crawling), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per rank
Raging Leaper: Leaping, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Raging Swimmer: Swimming, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Renewed Vigor: Healing, Limited to Self Only, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Rolling Dodge: Enhanced Dodge, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Roused Anger: Immunity 5 (Fatigue Effects), Limited to only while Raging ∙3 points
Scent: Senses (Acute Smell, Accurate Smell, Smell Counters Concealment), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 3 points
Strength Surge: Ultimate Effort (Strength Checks), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
Superstition: Immunity 20 (Magic), Limited to Half Effect, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 7 points
Surprise Accuracy: Ultimate Effort (Attacks), Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point
Swift foot: Speed, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Terrifying Howl: Burst Area Affliction (Impaired, Disabled, Controlled), Selective, Cumulative, Limited to only while Raging, Quirk (Controlled creatures must cower or flee) ∙ 2 points for rank 1 +3 point per rank
Unexpected Strike: Reaction Damage (When foe moves adjacent to you), Requires Attack Check, Limited to only while Raging ∙ 2 points per rank

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Wolf Lair 3e (Pathfinder Barbarian)

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:34 pm

I had considered doing some Pathfinder stuff as well. I like you did this mostly as a guideline, instead of a Template.. But wow, so many powers.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Wolf Lair 3e (Pathfinder Barbarian, Bard)

Postby Caniswolfman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:58 am

Pathfinder Bard

The Pathfinder bard is a supporting character, able to fill in missing roles in a party. However, they do not excel at any one field, becoming a true Jack-of-all-Trades. Being converted to M&M, their role continues to be supportive. Their main ability, their performance, it based around assisting their allies or hindering their foes. The bardic performance can be many things, such as singing or dancing. Any Expertise (Performance) should be replaced with whatever your bard’s performance is.

Pathfinder does not have a Perception area mechanic, so most of the bard performances are limited to 30ft. However, a Perception Area effect fits much better, so anyone able to hear or see the performance (depending on performance) will be affected.
A bard can use spells to further fill out their abilities. Spells can even be incorporated into their mystical Performances, and acquired as Alternate Effects.

Performance powers may have the Activation or Check Required (Perform) flaws to represent the time or skill needed to activate their powers. This has not been included in the powers but can be added.

Signature Bard Advantages

• Fascinate (Perform)
• Inspire
• Jack of All Trades
• Skill Master (Perform)
• Well Informed

Bard Abilities
Spells: Under Construction
Bardic Knowledge: Well Informed ∙ 1 point
Bardic Performances: See below
Versatile Performance: Expertise (Customizable) ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Well-Versed: Immunity 4 (Sonic Effects and Bardic Performances), Limited to Half Effect ∙ 2 points
Lore Master: Skill Mastery (Expertise), Ultimate Effort (Expertise) ∙ 2 points
Jack of all trades: Jack-of-all-Trades ∙ 1 point

Bardic Performances
Countersong: Nullify Sonic Effects, Burst Area, Sustained ∙ 4 points per rank
Distraction: Nullify Illusions, Burst Area, Sustained ∙ 4 points per rank
Fascinate (1): Fascinate (Expertise: Perform)
Fascinate (2): Burst Area Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Entranced and Impaired), Extra Condition, Selective, Limited Degree 2 ∙ 2 point per rank
Inspire Courage: Fearless, Affects Others Only, Perception Area, Selective, Sustained, Limited to Half Effect ∙ 2 points
Inspire Competence: Teamwork
Suggestion: Perception Ranged Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Entranced, Compelled), Insidious, Sense Dependent. 1 point +2 points per rank
Dirge of Doom: Perception Area Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled), Concentration, Selective, Limited Degree ∙ 3 points per rank
Inspire Greatness: Perception Area Healing, Selective, Temporary ∙ 3 points per rank
Soothing Performance: Perception Area Healing, Selective, Energizing ∙ 5 points per rank
Frightening Tune: Perception Area Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Controlled), Selective, Concentration, Cumulative, Instant Recovery, Quirk (Controlled characters must cower or flee) ∙ 1 point +4 points per rank
Inspire Heroics: Luck Control 1 (Bestow on Others), Sense Dependent ∙ 2 points
Mass Suggestion: Perception Area Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Entranced, Compelled), Selective, Insidious ∙ 1 point + 3 points per rank
Deadly Performance: Perception Ranged Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Progressive, Sense Dependent ∙ 3 points per rank
Last edited by Caniswolfman on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 pm

The Well versed ability of your bard has me scratching my head, so I had to read up on it again. Why not say bardic talents instead (which in this case, would mean trained abilities and powers that bards have ) ? Sounds a little better, than sonic effects, which is perhaps a bit more open ended as descriptors go.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:The Well versed ability of your bard has me scratching my head, so I had to read up on it again. Why not say bardic talents instead (which in this case, would mean trained abilities and powers that bards have ) ? Sounds a little better, than sonic effects, which is perhaps a bit more open ended as descriptors go.

Hey Joshua,

I think I would need to add another Immunity to that ability, one for bardic talents/performances as you said. I'll leave the "Sonic Effects" as well; when I built the power I forgot that not all performances are auditory.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:29 pm

If you do that as you say.. as a GM.. this would provide the save vs. say from the Barbaians Terrifying Howl, and any other "sonic" effect.. UNless you further define your descriptor. The description of the ability is quite specific, providing Immunity to other Bard's performance powers.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:If you do that as you say.. as a GM.. this would provide the save vs. say from the Barbaians Terrifying Howl, and any other "sonic" effect.. UNless you further define your descriptor. The description of the ability is quite specific, providing Immunity to other Bard's performance powers.

New Well Versed:

• Well-Versed: Immunity 4 (Sonic Effects and Bardic Performances), Limited to Half Effect ∙ 2 points

Ok, so the Pathfinder ability gives a +4 bonus to saves vs bardic performance, sonic, and language-dependent effects.

Pathfinder descriptors are mostly magical, it seems. So the barbarian Terrifying Shout, for example, would probably be a magical compulsion effect (I think?) I don't know if in Pathfinder, well versed would apply to that or not. I think it would have to depend on the descriptors the player uses.

What do you think?

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:06 am

When I started thinking about it, the more I think "sonic effects" is probably a good idea. It was meant to accomodate things like the song like effects of certain creatures like Harpies, or Sirens. And of course the Banshee's wail I believe. But to be so broad like that, makes me think its worth a 5 pt Immunity. Basically any non-damaging sonic power. But if it did apply to damaging effects too, might want to make it worth 10 pts.

But yeah, stuff like this is highly dependant on descriptors. In the case of the Terrifying Howl, is it really a magical ability. Or just something Extraordinary , in this case a talent, specific to your training.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:37 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:When I started thinking about it, the more I think "sonic effects" is probably a good idea. It was meant to accomodate things like the song like effects of certain creatures like Harpies, or Sirens. And of course the Banshee's wail I believe. But to be so broad like that, makes me think its worth a 5 pt Immunity. Basically any non-damaging sonic power. But if it did apply to damaging effects too, might want to make it worth 10 pts.

But yeah, stuff like this is highly dependant on descriptors. In the case of the Terrifying Howl, is it really a magical ability. Or just something Extraordinary , in this case a talent, specific to your training.

Yea, it would have to depend on how common that stuff is. In pathfinder, abilities with Sonic damage are pretty rare. If using a broader definition for what counts as "sonic" or if ir pops up more often, it would definitely cost more.

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Cleric

The Cleric is a skilled fighter and spell caster. In Pathfinder they are very versatile, able to pick their known spells each day. Because of this, they could fall into either a melee, ranged damage, or supportive role very easily. In the transition to M&M, they should lose the flexibility of picking spells each day. If you must have flexible spells, take the Variable power.

A cleric’s spells can accomplish a variety of different things, but for flavor they should fall within the domain of their deity. If the cleric worships a fire god, their spells should represent that.

In Pathfinder, a cleric’s domains are granted powers in addition to the spells that they can prepare. These powers can be incorporated into a Magic Spell Array and can help give you ideas as to what kind of spells your cleric may know.

Signature Cleric Advantages

• Favored Foe: If deity has a typical foe, this should be taken
• Leadership
• Ritualist

Cleric Powers
• Aura: Feature (Possess an aura related to your deity)
• Spells: Under Construction
• Channel Energy (Heal): Burst Area Healing ∙ 3 points per rank
• Channel Energy (Damage): Burst Area Damage, Limited to Undead Only ∙ 1 point per rank
• Domains: See below

Domains

Air
• Lightning Arc: Ranged Damage ∙ 2 points per rank
• Electricity Resistance: Immunity to Electricity ∙ 5 point for Half Effect, 10 points for Full Immunity

Animal
• Speak with Animals: Comprehend 2 (Speak to and Understand Animals) ∙ 4 points
• Animal Companion: Advantage (Sidekick) ∙ 1 point per rank

Artifice
• Artificer’s Touch: Transform (Broken objects to fixed objects), Continuous ∙ 3 points per rank
• Dancing Weapon: Summon Animated Object, Active, Controlled, Mental Link, General Type (Any weapon), Quirk (Requires Use of a Weapon while Active) ∙ 5 points per rank

Chaos
• Touch of Chaos: Luck Control (Force Reroll), Quirk (Must have touched target) ∙ 2 points +1 point per rank
• Chaos Blade: Transform (Item to Anarchic) ∙ 2 points per rank

Charm
• Dazing Touch: Affliction (Overcome and Resisted by Will; Dazed, Stunned), limited degree ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
• Charming Smile: Perception Ranged Affliction (Overcome by Will; Entranced, Compelled), Sense Dependent (Visual), Subtle ∙ 2 points per rank

Community
• Calming Touch: Healing, Energizing ∙ 3 points per rank
• Unity: Luck control (Spend on Others) ∙ 3 points per rank

Darkness
• Touch of Darkness: Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Limited to Vision ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
• Eyes of Darkness: Senses (Darkvision) ∙ 2 points

Death
• Bleeding touch: Damage, Secondary Effect ∙ 2 points per rank
• Death’s Embrace: Feature (Considered Undead) ∙ 1 point

Destruction
• Destructive Smite: Damage ∙ 1 point per rank
• Destructive Aura: Burst Area Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Impaired, Disabled), Selective, Sustained, Limited Degree ∙ 4 points per rank

Earth
• Acid Dart: Ranged Damage ∙ 2 points per rank
• Acid Resistance: Immunity to Acid ∙ 5 points for half immunity, 10 points for full immunity

Evil
• Touch of Evil: Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled), Limited Degree ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
• Scythe of Evil: Transform (Item to evil) ∙ 2 points per rank

Fire
• Fire Bolt: Ranged Damage ∙ 2 points per rank
• Fire Resistance: Immunity to Fire ∙ 5 points for half immunity, 10 points for full immunity

Glory
• Touch of Glory: Enhanced Presence, Affects Others Only ∙ 1 point per rank
• Divine Presence: Triggered Affliction (Entranced, Compelled), Progressive, Limited Degree, Limited to Unable to Affect Triggering Creature. 1 point + 1 point per rank

Good
• Touch of good: Luck Control (Bestow on Others), Close Range ∙ 1 point
• Holy Lance: Transform (Item to Good) ∙ 2 points

Healing
• Rebuke Death: Healing ∙ 2 points per rank
• Healer’s Blessing: Healing ∙ 2 points per rank plus other extras

Knowledge
• Lore Keeper: Detect Weakness ∙ 1 point
• Remote Viewing: Remote Sensing, No Conduit ∙ 3 points per rank for visual, 2 points per rank for auditory

Law
• Touch of Law: Luck Control (Bestow on Others), Close Range ∙ 1 point
• Staff of Order: Transform (Item to Lawful) ∙ 2 points

Liberation
• Liberation: Movement (Sure Footed), Immunity (Entrapment) ∙ 5 points +1 point per Movement Rank
• Freedom’s Call: Burst Area Immunity (Confuse, Entrapment, Fearless, Paralyzed), Selective, Sustained ∙ 48 points

Luck
• Bit of Luck: Luck Control (Bestow on Others), Close Range ∙ 1 point
• Good Fortune: Enhanced Luck ∙ 1 point per rank

Madness
• Vision of Madness: Perception Affliction (Impaired, Disabled), Limited Degree ∙ 2 point per rank
• Aura of Madness: Burst Area Affliction (Impaired, Disabled), Sustained, Selective, Limited Degree ∙ 4 points per rank

Magic
• Hand of the Acolyte: Ranged Damage ∙ 2 points per rank
• Dispelling Touch: Nullify Magic, Broad, Sustained, Close range ∙ 3 points per rank

Nobility
• Inspiring Word: Luck Control (Spend on Others) ∙ 3 points
• Leadership: Minions or Sidekick ∙ 1 point per rank

Plant
• Wooden Fist: Damage ∙ 1 point per rank
• Bramble Armor: Reaction Damage (When struck) ∙ 4 points per rank

Protection
• Resistant Touch: Enhanced Will and Fortitude, Affects Others Also, Limited (You lose your bonus if using Affects Others) ∙ 1 point per rank of Will or Fortitude
• Aura of Protection: Deflect ∙ 1 point per rank

Repose
• Gentle Rest: Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Asleep) Cumulative ∙ 2 points per rank
• Ward Against Death: Burst Area Immunity to Death Effects, Affects Others Only, Selective, Sustained ∙ 30 points

Rune
• Blast Rune: Triggered Damage, Subtle ∙ 1 point +1 point per rank
• Spell rune: Add Triggered to Another Power ∙ 1 point per application

Strength
• Strength Surge: Enhanced Strength, Affects Others ∙ 2 points per rank
• Might of the Gods: Enhanced Strength ∙ 2 points per rank

Sun
• Sun’s Blessing: not used
• Nimbus of Light: Environment Control 2 (Daylight), linked to Sustained Burst Area Damage, Limited to Undead Only ∙ 2 points for Environment Control, 3 points per damage rank

Travel
• Agile Feet: Speed, Linked Movement (Sure Footed) ∙ 1 point per rank of Speed or Movement
• Dimensional Hop: Teleport ∙ 2 points per rank

Trickery
• Copycat: Illusion (Visual), Limited to copies of you ∙ 1 point per rank
• Master’s Illusion: Illusion (Visual, Touch, Smell) ∙ 4 points per rank

War
• Battle Rage: enhanced Strength, Affects Others Also ∙ 3 points per rank
• Weapon Master: Enhanced Advantages ∙ 1 point per rank

Water
• Icicle: Ranged Damage ∙ 2 points per rank
• Cold Resistance: Immunity to Cold ∙ 5 points for half immunity, 10 points for full immunity

Weather
• Storm burst: Ranged Damage, Linked Ranged Affliction (Impaired, Disabled), Limited Degree ∙ 2 points per damage rank, 1 point per Affliction rank
• Lightning Lord: Ranged Shapeable Area Damage, Indirect 2 ∙ 2 points + 3 points per rank

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Wolf Lair 3e (Pathfinder Barbarian, Bard, Cleric)

Postby Caniswolfman » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Druid

The Druid is similar to the Cleric, able to mix spellcasting with brawling. While the Cleric uses weapons and armor to protect himself, the druid is able to shapeshift into different forms. The power starts small, shapeshifting into natural animals, but grows in power until the druid eventually can eventually become an elemental.

Pathfinder gives druids the opportunity to have an animal companion, shapeshift into animals, and summon additional allies through spells. That’s a lot of stuff happening at once, and it would be best to limit those possibilities. When creating your own druid, there probably thematically isn’t a reason to need all of that. Having all of that running at once would likely bog down play at the table as well.

The druid animal companion can be almost anything. Build it as you would like, there is no way I’m stating out every animal type :)

Likewise, the number of forms a druid can shapeshift into are very wide. For mechanical simplicity, take the Metmorph option, which lets you use different forms with predetermined stats. This is best if you only see yourself turning into a few different shapes. If you must be able to turn into any kind of animal, go for the Variable power. Save yourself some time and make up some animal forms beforehand.

Signature Druid Advantages
• Animal Empathy
• Ritualist
• Sidekick

Druid Powers
Spells: Under Construction
Nature Bond(Companion): Sidekick ∙ 1 point per rank
Nature Bond (Domain): Use Domains from Cleric (Air, Animal, Earth, Fire, Plant, Water, or Weather)
Nature Sense: Enhanced Expertise (Nature) ∙ 1 point per 2 ranks
Wild Empathy: Animal Empathy ∙ 1 point
Woodland Stride: Movement (Sure Footed) ∙ 2 points per rank
Trackless Step: Movement (Trackless) ∙ 2 points
Resist nature’s Lure: Immunity 2 (Fey Magic), Immunity 2 (Plant Effects), Limited to Half Effect ∙2 points
Wild Shape: Shapeshift (Variable) or Morph (Metamorph) ∙ 15 points +1 point per rank of metamorph; 7 points per rank for Shapeshift
Vemon Immunity: Immunity to Poison ∙ 1 point
A Thousand Faces: Morph 3 ∙ 15 points
Timeless Body: immunity (Aging Effects) ∙ 1 point

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Wolf Lair 3e (Pathfinder Bard, Cleric, Druid)

Postby Caniswolfman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:23 am

Fighter
The Fighter is one of the most customizable characters when building in M&M. There really aren’t any powers to use, and the ones used below are essentially just extra advantages or defenses. A Fighter doesn’t really need to have any powers, a myriad of advantages can fill in.

Pathfinder does have some interesting feats, and those can give you some additional attacks or maneuvers. You may also want to build some powers of your own, such as a slowing Affliction that is thematically going for an opponent’s hamstrings.

Signature Advantages

• Accurate Attack
• All Out Attack
• Close Attack
• Defensive Attack
• Improved Critical
• Power Attack
• Quick Attack
• Takedown

Features
• Bonus Feats: Advantages ∙ 1 point per rank
• Bravery (1): Enhanced Will, Limited to Fear Effects ∙ 1/2 point per rank
• Bravery (2): Fearless ∙ 1 point
• Armor Training: Enhanced Parry or Dodge, quirk (requires armor or shield) ∙ 1 point for 2 ranks, +1 point per rank
• Weapon Training: Skill Close Combat (weapon group), and Damage, stacks with equipped weapon ∙ 1/2 point per Close Combat rank, 1 point per Damage rank.
• Armor Mastery: Impervious Toughness, quirk (requires armor or shield) ∙ 1 point for 2 ranks, +1 point per rank
• Weapon Mastery: Immunity (Disarm effects), Improved Critical ∙ 5 points +1 point per Improved Critical Rank

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:40 am

Monk
The Monk is similar to the Fighter in regards to feats, but does have an array of powers that Pathfinder gives it. The Pathfinder Monk is more magical in nature, and if going with that design you may want to use some of the listed powers. However, if you’re going for more of a martial artist, then you can just focus on Advantages.

Signature Advantages
• Accurate Attack
• Agile Feint
• All-out attack
• Assessment
• Defensive Attack
• Defensive Roll
• Evasion
• Improved Critical (Unarmed)
• Improved Defense
• Improved Initiative
• Improved Trip
• Instant Up
• Move-by Action
• Power Attack
• Precise Attack
• Prone Fighting
• Redirect
• Seize initiative
• Takedown
• Uncanny Dodge

Features

• AC Bonus: Defensive Roll, Power Loss if wearing armor
• Flurry of Blows: Multiattack on Strength ∙ +1 per Strength rank
• Flurry of Blows: Reaction Strength Based Damage (When striking with an attack) ∙ 4 points per rank
• Unarmed Strike: Strength Based Damage, Mighty ∙ 1 point per rank.
• Stunning Fist: Strength Based Damage, linked Affliction (Impaired, Stunned, Paralyzed) ∙ 1 point per rank of Damage and 1 point per rank of Affliction
• Evasion: Evasion ∙ 1 point
• Fast movement: Speed ∙ 1 point per rank
• Maneuver Training: Close Attack ∙ 1 point per rank
• Still Mind: Immunity (Enchantment Effects), Limited to Half Effect ∙ 1 point
• Ki Strike: Variable Descriptor 2 on Unarmed Attacks, Penetrating ∙ 2 points +1 point per penetrating rank
• Ki Pool (1): Luck ∙ 1 point per rank
• Ki Pool (2): Variable ∙ 7 points per rank
• Slow Fall: Movement (Safe Fall) ∙ 2 points
• High Jump: Leaping ∙ 1 point per rank
• Purity of Body: Immunity (Disease) ∙ 1 point
• Wholeness of Body: Healing, Self Only ∙ 1 point per rank
• Improved Evasion: Evasion 2 ∙ 2 points
• Diamond Body: Immunity (Poison) ∙ 1 point
• Abundant Step: Teleport ∙ 2 points per rank
• Diamond Soul: Immunity (Magic), Limited to Half Effect ∙ 5 points
• Quivering Palm: Affliction (Incapacitated), resisted by Fortitude, Continuous Duration, Insidious, Limited to 3rd degree only, Limited to only one attempt ∙ 4 points + 1 point per rank after 1st.
• Timeless Body: Immunity (aging) ∙ 1 point
• Tongue of the Sun and Moon: Comprehend 4 (understand/understood languages and animals) ∙ 8 points
• Empty Body: Insubstantial 4 (Ethereal) ∙ 20 points
• Perfect Self: Feature (counts as an outsider), Impervious Toughness ∙ 1 point +1 point per rank of impervious toughness

Caniswolfman
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Caniswolfman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Paladin
The Paladin is usually a heavily armored fighter who focuses on protecting people and destroying evil. The Pathfinder Paladin has the Power Loss (Code of Conduct) Complication. If they violate their code, they may lose all of their powers.
The iconic Paladin ability, Smite Evil, doesn’t translate exactly to M&M. The ability lets you increase damage against someone and raise your defense against them. Here it was just built as a damage with the penetrating extra, so the paladin can do it as often as they like. To make it feel more dangerous, you can add the Improved Critical Advantage to it.

Signature Advantages
• All-out Attack
• Assessment
• Benefit (status)
• Favored Foe
• Improved Defense
• Inspire
• Interpose
• Leadership
• Power Attack

Features
• Aura of Good: Feature (Aura of good) ∙ 1 point
• Detect Evil: Senses (Detect Evil) ∙ 1 point
• Smite Evil: Penetrating Damage ∙ 1 point per rank of damage +1 point per rank of penetrating
• Divine Grace: Enhanced Fortitude, Enhanced Will ∙ 1 point per rank
• Lay on Hands: Healing; alternate power Damage (Limited to undead only) ∙ 2 points per rank of Healing, 1 point per 2 ranks of damage
• Aura of Courage: Fearless, Burst Area Immunity (Fear Effects), Selective, Sustained, Half Effect ∙ 3 points
• Divine Health: Immunity (Disease) ∙ 1 point
• Mercy: Add extras to Healing
• Channel Energy (Heal): Burst Area Healing ∙ 3 points per rank
• Channel Energy (Damage): Burst Area Damage, Limited to Undead Only ∙ 1 point per rank
• Spells: Under Construction
• Divine Bond (Weapon): Varies (weapon enhancements), Unreliable (5 uses) ∙ 6 points per rank
• Divine Bond (Steed): Summon, Controlled, Heroic ∙ 5 points per rank
• Aura of Resolve: Immunity (Enchantment), Burst Area immunity (Enchantment), Selective, Sustained, Half Effect ∙ 4 points
• Aura of Justice: No idea of how to build this. It grants allies the use of Smite.
• Aura of Righteousness: Impervious Toughness, Immunity (Mind Control), Burst Area Immunity (mind control), Selective, Sustained, Half effect ∙ 4 points +1 point per Impervious Toughness
• Holy Champion: Impervious Toughness, Movement (Dimensional 3 [any dimension]), Attack, Reaction (When target is hit with Smite), Limited to sending targets back to home dimension ∙ 6 points +2 points per additional rank in Movement, 1 point per rank of Impervious Toughness

Return to “Roll Call”