Spectrum's Sideshow (More recent PC submissions)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Spectrum's Sideshow (More recent PC submissions)

Postby Spectrum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Okay, enough procrastination and lurking. I've been wanting to start up a character thread, have more than a few concepts running through my mind (but not on paper). I've run out of good excuses and working towards the more creative ones.
'
The Roll Call board has happily reminded me of my childhood. All the neighborhoods that I lived in didn't have a whole lot of other kids in the area so I read a lot and played more than a few video games.... and comics! Not just any comics either, yeah, some people were following Batman or Spiderman or Watchmen.. but for me, my obsession was with two series. I still have the well tattered (I prefer to think of as well loved) copies of all of the Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe and Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition. I would spend hour after hour delving into the lore, working on early 'game' sheets and drawing the pictures from the books. Even 27 years later, they're among my most prized possessions.

The Roll Call boards, so many years later, bring up the same kinds of feelings. Thank you! How can I do anything but try to share some of that same adoration to the history of comics?

So here goes. Geronimo! Banzai! Eeeeeeeek!
Last edited by Spectrum on Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Spectrum's Sideshow: Plans to work on

Postby Spectrum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:16 pm

I have plenty of plans on items to work on, I just need to do something about it. I plan on using this page as a honey do list for when I don't have time to work on a project right then and there.

Comics
Random picks from Who's Who and OHofMU:DE
Leather Nun and other incredibly strange comics

Animation and film
Friendship is Magic: Mane Cast

Video games
BlazBlue

RPGs
Silverage Sentinels
Anima: Beyond Fantasy
Heroes Unlimited
GURPs
Kaya Asiedo and Lupita (Fantastic Empires)

Mechanics
AR vs VR (Seeing in two worlds)
Carbon Plague (Cybergeneration)

Lots of things to get started with- better get to it.
Last edited by Spectrum on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: Spectrum's Sideshow

Postby Spectrum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Desirée "DiDi" Chastel

Source: Ménage à 3 (Warning: NSFW)
TV Tropes page

History: Despite the Archie style artwork, Ménage à 3 is a very fun, but very adult, webcomic. DiDi is the main character that fits into the same general stereotype as Power Girl or 3E's Princess, amazonian powerhouse and head turner.

Desirée "DiDi" Chastel - PL 5

Strength 6, Stamina 7, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect -1, Awareness 3, Presence 5

Advantages
Attractive 2, Connected, Daze (Deception), Diehard, Fascinate (Persuasion), Favored Foe (see note below), Interpose, Languages 1, Ultimate Effort: Toughness

Skills
Expertise: Service Industry 12 (+11), Persuasion 10 (+15)

Powers
Amazon: Growth 3 (+3 STR, +3 STA, +1 Intimidate, -3 Stealth, -1 active defenses; Permanent)
Distracted by the Sexy: Environment 1 (Radius: 30 feet; Limited: (see note below))

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +2 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 21)

Complications
Prejudice: (French Canadian): Although the series is set in Montreal, DiDi is the only character that speaks with a very French accent. This extra level of difficulty in communication often leads to humorous misinterpretations.

Relationship: Didi genuinely does not want to hurt anyone, but she does occasionally do stupid things like double-booking dates and accidentally dumping people. This seems to be because no guy will ever call her out so she assumes they feel as casually about the relationship as she does, so won't mind rejection.

Rivalry: A relatively recent character development, she has set her eyes on Gary (our resident geekish hero) and is willing to go to extreme lengths to get his attention. This is a bit of a fanbase breaker, turning her from the 'nice' girl to a rather unsympathetic manipulator.

Languages
English, French

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 7 + Advantages 10 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 1 = 75

* DiDi is an innocent fan service girl, a statuesque stunner that leaves a wake of distraction behind her. Her favored foe and 'distracted by the sexy' abilities should be focused on characters with the lecherous (towards women) complication. Depending on the nature of the game, this can be expanded towards a more generic sexual preference of women.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to Earth-Two_Kenn for this subsequent PL 4 build.

Desirée "DiDi" Chastel - PL 4

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect -1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
Attractive 2, Connected, Daze (Deception), Diehard, Fascinate (Persuasion), Favored Foe (see note below), Interpose, Languages 1

Skills
Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Service Industry 12 (+11), Intimidation 3 (+5) Persuasion 12 (+15)

Powers
Amazon: Growth 3 (+1 STR, +1 STA, -1 Stealth; Permanent)
Distracted by the Sexy: Environment 1 (Radius: 30 feet; Limited: (see note below))

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 14)
Throw, +2 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 19)

Languages
English, French

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4, Will 2
Last edited by Spectrum on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Tatterhood

Source: classic Norwegian fairytale, one version told here.
TV Tropes page

History: A classic Norwegian fairly tale that evidently isn't commonly known about outside the region. In the classic story (and I'm leaving out a lot), a Queen desperately wants to have a child of her own to 'that they might have her always with them, to love her if she did well, and scold her if she did wrong.' She manages to convince a witch to help her and is given a rather complicated ritual to perform. The Queen, being a greedy sort, takes the ritual a step too far. Rather than a single daughter, she has twins. One is beautiful and yet stupid. The other, Tatterhood, is ugly as sin but from the start proves to be an early action girl. Years later, a horde of witches and goblins attack their family castle to have a huge party. Well, Tatterhood can't have that, tells her family to stay inside and successfully fights off the monsters. Unfortunately, the not so wise daughter exposed herself and so was turned into a calve (or had her head ripped off and replaced with a calve's head). Again, Tatterhood, heroine that she is, sets out on a sea voyage with only her sister to set things right. Tatterhood restores her sister to beauty where she catches the eye of a King. TH allows it to happen but make sure that she gets the Prince in the process. Finally, as a take that against the Prince pouting about his hideous wife-to-be, reveals that she was beautiful all along.

One of the things that really struck me about this (other than it somehow completely flying under my radar) is how it could be customized to a setting. Genetic experimentation rather than magic? Motorcycle or gang hoodlums instead of a witches and goblins? Addiction/ freak transformation instead of turning into a calve? The big things are an action girl working to save her sister and beating incredible odds in the process.

Tatterhood - PL 10

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 12, Intellect 0, Awareness 9, Presence 4

Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Status: Princess, Equipment 2, Evasion, Fearless, Improved Critical 4: Spoon, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Luck 5, Sidekick 3, Takedown 2, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 15 (+20), Deception 11 (+15), Insight 6 (+15), Intimidation 11 (+15), Investigation 15 (+15), Perception 4 (+13), Treatment 10 (+10)

Equipment
Chain-mail, Warhammer

Offense
Initiative +8
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +0 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 20)
Warhammer, +12 (DC 23)

Complications
Disability: Hideous: "The elder twin they called "Tatterhood," because she was always so ugly and ragged, and because she had a hood which hung about her ears in tatters. The Queen could scarce bear to look at her, and the nurses tried to shut her up in a room by herself..."

Responsibility: Protect her sister "...but it was all no good; where the younger twin was, there she must also be, and no one could ever keep them apart."

Temper: Anger is strong within Tatterhood's heart.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 7, Toughness 8, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 0 + Advantages 26 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 150
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Spectrum's Sideshow (Palladium Strength)

Postby Spectrum » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Palladium strength conversions

I've been looking at Hero's Unlimited conversions and thought that it would make things easier to have a handy dandy reference chart.. and was amused by the results. It seems that M*M characters are capable of being far stronger without much trouble and have an incredibly high ceiling as well.

This is also one of those times when I wish that the board was able to handle charts. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to make this easier to read.

M&M/ Normal strength (<17)
0 5
1 10
2 20

M&M/ Normal strength (=> 17)
2 10
3 20
4 40
5 80
6 160
7 300

M&M/ Extraordinary Strength
1 1
2 2
3 4
4 8
5 16
6 32
7 60
8 120
9 240

M&M/ Superhuman Strength
2 1
3 2
4 4
5 8
6 16
7 30
8 60
9 120
10 250

M&M/ Supernatural Strength
3 1.3
4 2.7
5 5.3
6 10.7
7 20.0
8 40.0
9 80.0
10 166.7
11 333.3

In comparison, Sally Salvage, my brick character, at M&M strength 15, would have the equivalent to:
Normal: 80k
Extraordinary: 16k
Superhuman: 8k
Supernatural: 5,333

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 am

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille
Source: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (Das Parfüm) TV Tropes Wikipedia

I saw this movie for the first time yesterday, I know, so far behind the times. While I was enjoying it for what it was, it also kept coming back to me was that the main character would be a perfect Batman-type villain. He's a villain obsessed with scents and the way to capture them while not having one of his own. This sends him on a careful series of serial murders in order to gather the ingredients for a perfect scent that he uses to control the minds of those around him. Cheesy and campy but within the scope of the original story it works.

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille - PL 8

Strength 6, Stamina 9, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 7, Presence -1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grab, Inventor (Perfume based), Skill Mastery: Expertise: Perfume, Skill Mastery: Stealth, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Athletics 9 (+15), Close Combat: Grappling 5 (+10), Expertise: Perfume 17 (+18), Stealth 11 (+15)

Powers
A Mind of Scents: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Eidetic Memory, Uncanny Dodge; Limited: Scent based)

Hyperosmia: Olfactory Senses 8 (Acute, Analytical, Extended 3: x1k, Tracking 2: full speed)

No Bad Smells: Immunity 2 (Uncommon Descriptor: Scent based effects)

Recreation: Illusion 8 (Affects: One Sense Type - Olfactory, Area: 250 cft., Will DC 18)

Scentless: Concealment 2 (All Olfactory Senses; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)

Complications
Obsession: Experiencing and capturing scent.

Prejudice: People around Jean realize that there is something horribly wrong about him, without knowing why.

Prejudice: Deep and abiding contempt for humanity around him, even as deep down he craves acceptance.

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 9, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 23 + Advantages 9 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 120
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:59 pm

James "Burn It" Black
Source Original character for Aberrant campaign

James is an Aberrant setting character that I've been doodling around with for years but never got to play. By exploiting various synergies in the system, he would have been capable of consistently doing 20+ mortal smashing (and PC level characters barely a scratch) attacks per round- a real mess, and probably ultimately not being as much fun as I envisioned. Beyond that, the real meat of the concept was a tribute to 'political' rockers such as Megadeth, Rage Against the Machine, U2 and Henry Rollins. While touring in a generic Qurac, the band's bus is attacked with James being the only survivor. It is at this time when his super nature erupts. When James returns home he goes into seclusion. There he begins writing massive quantities of new material, not just in the style of his older work, but several other musicians are strategically chosen and sent material. Several months later, those artists, many of which would be considered pretty cruddy, release to incredible popular and critical acclaim. It looks like Black may just be able to change the face of the music industry. In the Aberrant setting, there are several political groups that take interest with this potential. James in returns offers to allow them to send a representative to join him on his new tour and to persuade him to join their cause. Campaign ensues.

James "Burn It" Black - PL 10

Strength 4, Stamina 12, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect 10, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Attractive 2, Benefit, Wealth 2 (independently wealthy), Connected, Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Expertise), Fascinate (Persuasion), Great Endurance, Improvised Weapon 7, Inspire 5, Set-up 3, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Music, Takedown 2, Taunt, Well-informed

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+10), Deception 16 (+16), Expertise: Music 8 (+18), Expertise: Politics 8 (+18), Investigation 6 (+16), Persuasion 15 (+15)

Powers

Hard rock life: Immunity 7 (Disease, Fatigue Effects, Poison)

Speed metal: Quickness 6 (Perform routine tasks in -6 time ranks; Limited: only with expertise: Music)

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 14)
Throw, +0 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 19)

Complications

Addiction: Although he can no longer enjoy the hard rock life as he used to (immunities suck sometimes), he still feels falls into the same lifestyle if he isn't careful.

Enemy: He's made more than a few enemies though his activism, sometimes by not going far enough. There are also fans that take offense to him moving on.

Fame: He's a known rock star.

Motivation: Doing Good: Political activism. James honestly believes that he can help improve the world through his music and activism.

Responsibility: He greatly appreciates his the fans that have stuck with him through the years.

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 10 + Advantages 30 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 150
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Having now read all of Menage a 3, I'm not sure Didi is really a 6 strength or a PL 5. I'd have only given her one rank of Growth, and kept her at PL 4.

But, that's just me.

Thank you for pointing me at a funny, adult, strip.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. On some of the builds so far, I've been making some surprisingly difficult decisions about PLs. Several characters have ended up as higher PL than I really wanted. But.. unlike posting submissions for games, as a character designer I really don't need to be compelled to live up to the usual standards but can instead let the characters rest on their own.

Now, I just need to keep telling myself that ;)

I'm glad that you liked Menage 3, its a fun little series.

Another nsfw series that you might want to check out- and one that I eventually plan on rereading to mine for a character build is the Sam series here.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Spectrum's Sideshow (Timberwolves)

Postby Spectrum » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Timberwolves
Source: My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic S 3 E 10 Spike At Your Service TV Tropes

Special thanks to Jabroniville's wild dogs builds for a starting point.

For a while now, I've been playing with the idea of henchmen that can provide a significant threat to heroes and how they would do it. In the MLP episode above, I think that I found part of the trail: fast pack predators that use fear as their primary weapon and just keep coming. On the other hand, I like that that they are presented as rather fragile- thrown rocks seem to be a major way to disrupt the energies that hold them together. Just hold that you're fast enough to run away afterwards.

Timberwolves - PL 6

Strength 4, Stamina 6, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect -2, Awareness 2, Presence -2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Favored Environment: Forest, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Natural Weapons, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Set-up 4, Skill Mastery: Athletics, Startle, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 1 (+5), Close Combat: Natural Weapons 3 (+8), Expertise: Hunters 7 (+5), Intimidation 18 (+16), Perception 6 (+8)

Powers
Animal Physiology: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)

Bundle of sticks: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight; Blending, Limited: Forests)

Forest stride: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Forests)

Natural Weapons: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 22)

Predator's Hearing: Senses 2 (Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Ultra-hearing)
Predator's Scent: Senses 4 (Acute: Smell, Extended: Smell 1: x10, Tracking: Smell 2: full speed)
Predator's Vision: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision)

They Keep Coming: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds; Source: Forest [1 extra rank])

Offense
Initiative +7
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 14)
Natural Weapons: Strength-based Damage 3, +5 (DC 22)
Throw, +0 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 19)

Complications
Animal: Wolves cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Bad Breath: While they are almost inviisble within a forest, the strench of their breath is a warning sign for the prepared.

Sticks and Stones, well mostly just Stones: Timbrwolves are vulnreable to stone based attacks.

The Pack: Wolves are known by a strict pecking order in the pack, with the Alphas getting first choice in any matter, and Omegas at the bottom. The pack fights as one, and moves as one.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 18 + Advantages 18 + Skills 18 (35 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 90

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: Spectrum's Sideshow (Lemarchand's box)

Postby Spectrum » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Lemarchand's box
Source: Hellbound/Hellraiser franchise (Clive Barker)

Lemarchand's box is one of those items that has a way of finding its way into just about any game that I've ever run. It's such a nifty idea, an item of (dis)repute that jaded hedonists keep trying to find in order to widen their scope of experiences. When they do find it, its a puzzle that slowly consumes their every waking thought, until they solve it and the cenobites (demons) appear and often drag them into hell. This is also my first construct. I'm not quite happy with it and look forward to hearing how to expand upon the concept.

(from wikipedia)
"Lemarchand's box is a fictional lock puzzle or puzzle box appearing in horror stories by Clive Barker, or in works based on his original stories. The best known of these boxes is the Lament Configuration, which features prominently throughout the Hellraiser movie series. This was designed and made by Simon Sayce, one of the original creative team. A Lemarchand's box is a mystical/mechanical device that acts as a door — or a key to a door — to another dimension or plane of existence. The solution of the puzzle creates a bridge through which beings may travel in either direction across this "Schism". The inhabitants of these other realms may seem demonic to humans. An ongoing debate in the film series is whether the realm accessed by the Lament Configuration is intended to be the Abrahamic version of Hell, or a dimension of endless pain and suffering that is original to the Hellraiser films."

Lament Configuration - PL 10

Strength -, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity -, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Skills
Expertise: Occult 15 (+15)

Powers

Chains: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Linked: Chains: Burst Area Snare 10, Selective)
Chains: Burst Area Snare 10 (DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Linked: Chains: Burst Area Snare 10, Selective; Reduced Range: close)

Immunity to Fortitude Effects

One True Box: Morph 2 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Other 'boxes' from the series; Resistible: Will)

Opens Doors: Burst Area Movement 1 (Dimensional: Labyrinth 1: one dimension, 3 tons; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Mass 7)
Environment 1 (Impede Movement (2 ranks), Visibility (-5), Radius: 30 feet)

The Right Place: Teleport 13 (Carry 50 lbs.; Accurate, Extended: 8000 miles in 2 move actions; Limited to Extended)

Damage: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 19; Limited: vs Cenobites)

Offense
Initiative +0
Chains: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Chains: Burst Area Snare 10 (DC Dog 20)
Damage: Strength-based Damage 4, +0 (DC 19)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Disability: The cube is unable to move on its own. Many of its abilities only activate when it has been unlocked.
The Greatest Thrill: The Puzzle has acquired a reputation among the most jaded as being the greatest (or last) thrill. Many have hunted for it.

Defense
Dodge 0, Parry 0, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 9, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities -30 + Powers 163 + Advantages 0 + Skills 8 (15 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 150

"

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm

The Tailor

Source: Original but with inspiration from many sources, including: the Edna Moll from the Incredibles, designer Karl Lagerfeld and a little bit of Mister Mxyzptlk.

Brief history: The entity known as The Tailor emerged from the shadows at the beginning of the super era in the Spectrumverse. He is known to have a relationship with the Fae Realm and is suspected to have been one of the cobbler gnomes of folktales. What is more firmly confirmed is that he is capable of bringing the world of fabulous fashion to the heroes and villains of the modern era.

Note: The term fabric may be misleading- it is meant to refer to any nonDevice costume.

'The Tailor - PL 8

Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 3, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 0, Presence 4

Advantages
Attractive, Benefit, Cipher 2, Benefit, Status: Well known fashion designer, Benefit, Wealth 4 (multimillionare), Connected, Contacts, Equipment 3, Improved Aim, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Luck 4, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Tailoring & Fashion, Well-informed

Skills
Expertise: Tailoring & Fashion 16 (+18), Perception 5 (+5), Persuasion 1 (+5), Ranged Combat: Fabric-mancer: Move Object 8 5 (+8)

Powers
A Way with Languages: Comprehend 7 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Plants, Spirits - Communicate)

Fabric-mancer
Create 8 (Volume: 250 cft., DC 18; Innate, Precise, Subtle: look natural; Permanent, Proportional, Reduced Range: close)
Move Object 8 (6 tons; Precise, Subtle: subtle, Sustained; Limited: Clothing only)
Enhanced Trait 5 (Advantages: Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack; Limited: Only when dealing with fabric)

Taking the Measure: Senses 11 (Analytical: Vision, Counters Illusion: Vision, Distance Sense, Infravision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Ultravision; Limited: Fabric only)

Tailor gnome
Immunity 6 (Aging, Entrapment)
Movement 1 (Dimensional: fae Realms 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.)
Shrinking 4 (+4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size category; Normal Strength; Permanent)

Equipment
Tailor Shop

Offense
Initiative +0
Fabric-mancer: Move Object 8, +8 (DC 18)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +3 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Fame & Recognition: The premier artist when it comes to tailoring costumes for the rich and powerful.

Lecherous: A deep and treacherous lust for beauty beyond normal social limitations.

Prejudice: The fae have a well earned reputation for being unrustworthy.

Temper: No tolerence for those that aren't beautiful.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 2, Parry 2, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 60 + Advantages 20 + Skills 14 (27 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 120

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 pm

The next few characters are things that have been bouncing around in the back of my head but I haven't been able to really make gel for some reason or another. I planning on coming back to them and fill in some of the blanks as they come to me. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Dr. Teresa Monroe (Talia Morreau)

This is a character that has been bouncing around in my mind since I joined the boards. Unfortunately, it also feeds into Women in Refrigerators issues. Talia is a mix of several long standing characters from across several different continuities. Talia's father is a Doctor Doom/High Evolutionary type- a brilliant biological engineer that has created his own isolated society in the Carpathian mountains that every so often came down to take vengeance on the outside world- all very Silver age.

Much like Talia al Ghul, Talia Morreau is at once a femme fatale and a antihero in her own right. Talia has taken on the role of Dr. Teresa Monroe in an attempt to leave the dark heritage of her father behind her. She is highly positioned within a Doctors Without Borders organization and is the foremost experts when it comes to the emerging variant biologies of the superhuman world (referencing Moira MacTaggert).

Issues: In reading through the threads of some of the big builders, I haven't seen many significant background characters. It brings up a lot of questions of how to build this type of character. Any suggestions out there on how to build a character where the only reason to drive up a PL is to allow for high ranked skills without the combat stats to go along with it?

Return to “Roll Call”