Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

First Villain Build (Am I doing this correctly?)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

First Villain Build (Am I doing this correctly?)

Postby patty_olantern » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 am

So I'm starting a campaign soon with my roommates and I just built the first of the three main villains. Not sure if I have done this correctly or not, also unsure if I left anything out. Basic story behind this character is that he is a thief and a bit of a tank, he uses his teleport power to get in places and his dimensional pocket to stash the goods. I armed him with darkness control in case things get hairy when looting and opted to give him shadowy knuckle dusters which he can use for combat, I also gave him a snare ability in case he is being chased or needs someone to just stay put, and dazzle I thought would make for interesting combat so I added that too.

My players are PL10 and there are 2 of them plus one npc so hopefully this won't be too much of a challenge. I'd like for this fight to end with this villain getting away and coming back for a final showdown later in the game, I didn't really limit myself when I took powers, but I'm not sure if he is overpowered considering their PL. Thanks for your feedback, I've been a member of the board for a day and a half now and I already feel 100 times more comfortable with this stuff, still a ton to learn though.

Richie Steele
Str:20 Dex:10 Con:20 Int:12 Wis:16 Cha:14 (32pp)

Powers: (Total 69pp)
Dimensional Pocket 10 (20pp)
Teleport 6 (Accurate) (Change Velocity) (Turnabout) (20pp)
Darkness Control 12 (24pp)
Alt (3pp): Strike 12 (Knuckle Duster); Snare 6; Dazzle 4 (Blind)
Darkvision (2pp)

Feats: (18pp) Fearless, Improved Critical 5, Improved Initiative 2, Rage 2, Stunning Attack, Startle, Sneak Attack 5, Well Informed,

Skills: (13pp/52 ranks) Bluff 4, Escape Artist 8, Intimidate 16, Notice 8, Search 8, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 6

Combat: (40pp) Attack: +10 Defense: +10 (+5 Flat Footed) Initiative: +8 Damage: +5 (Unarmed); +12 (Dusters)

Saves: (38pp) Toughness: +12 Fortitude: +8 Reflex: +4 Will: +8

TotalPP = 210
patty_olantern
Bystander
Bystander

Re: First Villain Build (Am I doing this correctly?)

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:07 am

Any particular reason for using Second Edition? Nothing wrong with it, of course, but it seems an odd choice...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: First Villain Build (Am I doing this correctly?)

Postby patty_olantern » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am

Batgirl III wrote:Any particular reason for using Second Edition? Nothing wrong with it, of course, but it seems an odd choice...

I am slightly familiar with 2E having played a campaign once, couldn't get a hard copy of the 3rd edition book, I also found character creation infinitely more confusing with 3rd and 2nd had more supporting material (just because it's been around longer) which made it seem less daunting to create a world in. Plus I found this video supremely helpful and couldn't find one for 3rd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbgIJEikuc I find it easier to learn when I can see someone else do it first. Thats my list of excuses/reasons. :mrgreen:
patty_olantern
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Roll Call