Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

freeclints characters (PL 8 Kang PC)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

freeclints characters (PL 8 Kang PC)

Postby freeclint » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 am

Here's my repository for 3E characters.
It will mostly be for pbp application characters for games on MythWeavers. Fair warning, I love the GM Kit random character generator. Most characters will have strong roots there, it not outright from it. (I will also steal liberally from the archtypes, sentinel's and great builds here in Roll Call).

I will also post or link to any sample combats I work up. And probably any reports I write up of actual play sessions, which are far between and too few these days.

Super Heroes:
Stormbreaker - PL 10 - Weather Controller
Kang the Avenger - PL 8 - Unlikely Fledgling Hero

Super Villains:

Other Characters:

Combats:
Three way battle with GM Kit random characters - never quite completed, but broke down mechanics well.

Play Reports:
Last edited by freeclint on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Christian, husband, father and gamer.
My beginning character repository.
freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Re: freeclint character thread

Postby freeclint » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 am

future placeholder
freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:54 am

future placeholder
freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 am

Placeholder
freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Postby freeclint » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 am

~ Kang the Avenger ~
Identity: Kang
Aliases: Rama-Tut, Immortus, Kang the Conqueror
Height: 6'3" ft
Weight: 230 lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown, with goatee

ROLES: tech guy, blaster, reformed villain

Time displaced would be future conqueror and unlikely hero.

Moments before... wrote:Location: Damocles Base...
Time: 3999 A.D. or 234 Kang Dynasty Time

The alarm klaxons are sounding across Damocles base. His men run around rerouting resources trying to hold the ship in current time. A select few of his allies are maintaining the link to Ravonna in his Time Citadel. She is crying, almost unable to be understood. Kang has no time for such emotions, it is a time for action. He frantically works the controls and then he has it, he pinpoints key century and time at which this event is caused. Of course, it revolves around the Earth in the early 21st century. The heroes disappeared. He knows how formidable the Avengers and others of that time are. Something must be done.

The conqueror takes one last look at the monitor showing him his love Ravonna, the rest is easy. He slams the large red button to shunt him back in time as the screen goes blank and Damocles base is ripped apart by the destructive universe ending wave of energy...

Background
A fledgling conqueror, whose timeline is destroyed by events in the past, the now current time. Having discovered the anomollay in the seconds before his times destruction, he pinpoints the loss of the 21st century heroes and time shunts himself to that time hastily, vowing to find a way to prevent this and save Princess Ravonna.

Without his vast rescources and future technology, he is in a primitive time, with limited to no resources. He is looked at as a conquering villain, distrusted and misunderstood, trying to save the timeline and fighting common misconceptions. He is too proud to change to his identity, and lacking the resources to do it makes a difference. Now he must prove himself, and either save the heroes or train up their replacements to avoid the catastrophe that overtook his timeline.

His reliance on technology and resources makes him week. He must now learn to trust in himself and most likely what allies he can find and earn the trust of. It will not be an easy task, but he shall not fail, he cannot fail, for he is Kang.

Complications and Motivations
DRIVEN: return the heroes to continuity or ensure there work continues with new heroes to restore his timeline and most importanly, his love Princess Ravonna
BUSTED TIME CIRCUITS: All of his time travel related powers and resources are beyond his reach... for now (stuff like Time Travel: Movement 3 (Time Travel 3), Summon Devices: variable X, continuous, move action, hover pads, times ships, etc, stuff to develope for later or regain with pp, power stunt and as power technology becomes available)
STUCK IN THE DARK AGES: Without access to his future tech, he is forced to work with the pathetic modern technology until he can reproduce the equipment he needs.
DEAD BROKE: Stranded with no time circuits or access to his normal resources, he is having to adapt to the 21st century with only his armor at his disposal... luckily it provides necessary sustenance...
BADGUY REPUTATION: As a version of a chronal conqueror who has tried to take over this time repeated times, he is often working against strong opinions about him and his motives
INEXPERIENCED: This Kang is only 22, at the start of his conquering. He hasn't developed the personal combat skills or tactics he is really known for. Dependent on his technology, he is now having to rely on his keen mind and advanced armor to make due.
OVERCONFIDENT: Kang has built up a huge ego and sense of self importance as a fledgling conqueror and can often over-estimate his actual capabilities.

Abilities
Str 6, Sta 2, Agi, 1, Dex 1, Fgt, 4, Int 8, Awe 1, Pre 2

Devices
40th Century Battle Armor -- 66 pp (not easily removable -1 per 5 pp) = 53pp
.. Augmented Strength: enhanced strength 5 (10 pp)
..... net str 6, lift 3,200 lbs
.. Gauntlets: Ranged Damage 9, Accurate 3, concussive energy blast (21 pp)
.. Life-Support: Immunity 10 (Life Support) (10 pp)
.. Force Field: Protection 10 (10 pp)
.. Sensors & Computer: Senses 6 (Accurate Radio Extended 3 [radar], time sense); Enhanced Skills 6 (Perception 4, Technology 4, Vehicles 4); Comprehend 1 (understand languages); Feature 1: AI Computer (15 pp)

Advantages: Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Jack of All Trades, Well Informed

Skills: Expertise (History) 1 (9), Investigation 4 (12), Perception 4 (9), Persuasion 4 (6), Technology 4 (16), Vehicles 3 (8)

Offense:
Initiative +1
Ranged Gauntlet Blasts: +7 (DC 24)
Melee Unarmed +4 (DC 21)
Melee Grab +4 (Special, DC 16)

Defenses: Dodge 4, Parry 4, Will 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 12/2*
*2 without force field

Power Points: Abilities 20 + Powers 53 + Advantages 5 + Skills 10 + Defenses 12 = 120

PL NOTES:
PL 5 in melee
PL 8 with blasters
PL 8 active defenses / toughness
PL 6 saves
PL 6 limit for technology skill

NOTES:
Submitted to a game where the major heroes have vanished and fledgling heroes must step up and fill the void as well as find out what happened. I went the villain route, which should be fun. Cramming Kang into a PL 8 / 120 pp hero was not an easy task. I kind of feel like I took the Conqueror part out, but we'll see how it plays. I did get accepted into the game.

Stole liberally from: Taliesin and Gazman (thanks guys, great work!)
freeclint
Cohort
Cohort

Return to Roll Call