Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (50th Build! Mothra)

Postby Psistrike » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:42 am

Mothra: Main form's Intimidation should be +12 total, Larva Form +10 Total. Shobijin should be +12 total.
And although having seen little to no Godzilla movies myself, Mothra was my favorite as well. Just the idea of a giant moth or butterfly who can take on a giant lizard always seemed fun.
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:57 am

Psistrike wrote:Mothra: Main form's Intimidation should be +12 total, Larva Form +10 Total. Shobijin should be +12 total.

Okay, I've gone through the big list on the last page and made these tweaks to Mothra; but I'm not following you on the Shobijin... +12 total to what, exactly? They don't have the Intimidation score. (10" tall pseduo-indonesian faeries just aren't scary.)

Psistrike wrote:And although having seen little to no Godzilla movies myself, Mothra was my favorite as well. Just the idea of a giant moth or butterfly who can take on a giant lizard always seemed fun.

I consider myself quite the cinephile; I'm a regular at the local art house theatre, I make frequent trips to the restored 1930's theatre across town that shows old silent movies and bygone classics, I own roughly half of the Criterion Collection... I spell theatre with an "-re." But despite all my artsy-fartsy credentials, sometimes you just want to see a guy in a rubber suit eat Tokyo. :D

You pops your popcorn, you pour your giant soda, and you waste the afternoon away. Good times.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:11 am

Darn it! Meant to Shobijin should be +8 Stealth total. :)
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 am

MR. IMMORTAL
Marvel Universe (Great Lakes Avengers)
Power Level 6 ( 135 PP)

Avengers West Coast (Vol. 1) #49 wrote:All you're threatening me with is death. And dying's what I do best!

ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina 2 Agility 1 Dexterity 1
Fighting 4 Intellect 1 Awareness 2 Presence 2

POWERS
Homo Supreme Immortality 18 (12 Seconds to 8 hours) (Extras: Innate; Partial Flaws: Unreliable [7 Ranks]); Senses 3 (Visual: Counters Concealment [Ghosts/Spirits] [2]; Mental: Awareness [Death] [1]); Immunity 1 (Aging) [ 34 PP ]

EQUIPMENT (10 EP Total)
G.L.X Quin-Jetta Car [ 10 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Equipment (2), Fearless, Leadership, Ranged Combat (2) Well-Informed

SKILLS
Athletics 8 (+10), Acrobatics 6 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Medicine] 9 (+10), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 10 (+12), Intimidation 1 (+3), Investigation 8 (+9), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 4 (+5), Technology 4 (+5), Treatment 9 (+10), Vehicles 7 (+8)

DEFENSE
Dodge (6) Base 5
Parry: (6) Base 2
Fortitude: (4) Base 2
Toughness: (2) Base -
Will: (8) Base 6

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] + SKILLS [ 49 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 7 pp ] + POWERS [ 34 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 15 pp ] = 135 PP TOTAL

DEFENSE
Enraged: Upon reviving, he is often extremely enraged due to the pain of death; before her death, Dina Soar's voice was the only reliable way of bringing him out of this state.

Base of Operations: Milwaukee, WI
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 156 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human Mutant
Identity: Secret Identity
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.

BACKGROUND
Mr. Immortal is the leader and founder of the Great Lakes Avengers / Great Lakes X-Men / Great Lakes Champions a regional offshoot of the Avengers made up of heroes with abilities far less powerful and consequential than their better-known peers. Their base of operations is Milwaukee, Wisconsin, which appears to be their shared birthplace.

Mr. Immortal possesses the superhuman ability of immortality, and I do mean immortality. Deathurge, one of the Marvel Universe's several avatars of Death, has told him that he has "evolved past death itself," and will be around until the end of the universe itself. This unique ability has always given him the courage to try daring, reckless life-endangering stunts and he is quite ready to sacrifice himself for the rest of the team. It has also left him in frequent states of depression by having to watch his loved ones die around him. He discovered his ability after attempting suicide several times.

:arrow: Yeah, that's about it. Mr. Immortal is a slightly above average acrobat, decent marksman, and surprisingly good martial-artist (just not by superhero standards), and he cannot die. Never. Ever. That's actually of fairly limited use as a crimefighter.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:48 am

Mr. Immortal: What is his first Expertise in? Also his Investigation total should be +9.
It's like they took DC's Vandal Savage [the unkillable aspect at least] and made him much less dangerous. :lol:
Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 am

Psistrike wrote:Mr. Immortal: What is his first Expertise in? Also his Investigation total should be +9.
It's like they took DC's Vandal Savage [the unkillable aspect at least] and made him much less dangerous. :lol:

Well, give him 15,000 years to catch up. :wink:
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:01 pm

The Juggernaut
Marvel Universe
Power Level 12 ( 225 PP)

Excalibur (Vol. 1) #3 wrote:Juggernaut: Nice Punch. Cute Suit. You the local good guy?
Captain Britain: I'm Captain Britain!
Juggernaut: Figures. Pleasedtameetcha.

ABILITIES
Strength 8(14) (Lifting 20) Stamina 8(12) Agility 5 Dexterity 4
Fighting 8 Intellect 2 Awareness 2 Presence 4

POWERS
Giant-Sized X-Man Growth 4 (+4 STR, +4 STA, -2 Def, +2 Intim; Extras: Permanent; Flaws: Innate) [ 9 PP ]
Earth-Breaking Enhanced Strength 8 (Partial Flaw: Limited to Lifting [6 Ranks]) [ 10 PP ]
Indestructible Protection 4; Impervious Toughness 16; Immunity 12 (Sleep [1], Starvation [1], Life Support [10]; F: Distracting); Immunity 80 (All Toughness Effects; F: Limited [Half Effect]); Regeneration 2 (E: Persistent); Enhanced Advantage 1 (Diehard) [ 71 PP ]
Unstoppable Speed 2 (8 MPH); Burrowing 7 (8 MPH; E: Penetrating [6]); Immunity 10 (Entrapment [5], Movement Effects [5]; F: Limited [Must Be Moving]) [ 20 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 20 EP )
Helmet Immunity 20 (Mental effects) [ 20 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Equipment (4), Improved Grab, Power Attack, Takedown (2)

SKILLS
Athletics 4 (+8), Expertise [Military] 3 (+5), Expertise [Streetwise] 2 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+14), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 1 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 3
Parry: (8) Base 0
Fortitude: (16) Base 4
Toughness: (16) Base -
Will: (8) Base 6

ABILITIES [ 82 pp ] + SKILLS [ 9 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 11 pp ] + POWERS [ 110 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 13 pp ] = 225 PP TOTAL

:arrow: I like the Juggernaut right here at PL12; Enough points and powers to be a credible threat to "big guns" like Thor or Superman, but just vulnerable enough to be someone that Spider-man or a small group like the X-Men or Titans could handle. Despite his famous "weakness" to telepathy, he's still not a complete pushover in that department. He's got a decent amount of willpower, but he's a beast in every other defense... and the X-Men feature a surplus of the strongest telepaths on Earth.

:idea: During Juggernaut's recent "heroic" period, replace Equipment (4) with Sidekick (4) and slap together some stats for Squidboy. I loved Juggernaut as a good guy!
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Juggernaut)

Postby prodigyduck » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Excellent Juggernaut! I'm going to have to add those ranks of Burrowing to my own build...
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.
prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 pm

I saw the Burrowing power used this way by both Thorpacolypse and Taliesin, although I've tweaked it to how I think it should be done. At first I was tempted to just buy-up a ridiculous Strength-based attack, but that would prove to potent in combat. Burrowing lets him break moutains, level sky-scrappers, and plow down walls while keeping his Strength to "merely" Martian Manhunter levels.

Marko can move at 8 MPH on clear terrain, and plow through anything up to hard clay at 8 MPH, hard clay at 4 MPH, and solid rock 2 MPH. He can double that if he takes a double move action, or increase it even futher with extra effort... it's not Flash fast, but it's clearly super-human and there is very little that can form an effective barrier.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 pm

SABERTOOTH
Marvel Universe
Power Level 11 ( 165 PP)

Uncanny X-Men (Vol 1) #212 wrote:Your fancy claws can't cut what they can't hit. An' your hotsy-totsy healing factor... won't save you... when I rip out your heart!

ABILITIES
Strength 4 (Lifting 6) Stamina 4 Agility 3 Dexterity 2
Fighting 8 Intellect 0 Awareness 3 Presence 2

POWERS
Feral Mutation Senses 10 (Olfactory: Accurate [2], Acute [1], Extended [1], Tracking [2]; Auditory: Extended [1], Ultra-Hearing [1]; Visual: Infrared [1], Ultravision [1]) [ 10 PP ]
Healing Factor Immunity 5 (Aging [1], Disease [1], Poison [1]; Critical Hits [2]); Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Extras: Persistent) [ 25 PP ]
Superhuman Build Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Lifting); Protection 4 (E: Impervious [3 Ranks]); Speed 1 (4 MPH) [ 10 PP ]
Tooth & Claw Damage 3 (Strength-Based; Extras: Improved Critical [1], Penetrating [5]); Feature 1 (Iron Stomach) [ 10 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 5 EP Total)
Armored Costume Protection 1 (E: Subtle) Feature 1 (Insulating Fur, Scent Blocking) [ 4 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
All Out Attack, Close Attack (3), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (2), Jack of all Trades, Power Attack, Precise Attack [Close, Concealment], Takedown (1)

SKILLS
Athletics 6 (+10), Acrobatics 2 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+15) Expertise [Mercenary] 4 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 2 (+5), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 5 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 7
Parry: (10) Base 2
Fortitude: (12) Base 8
Toughness: (12/9) Base -
Will: (10) Base 8

COMPLICATIONS
Nemesis: Do I really need to say his name, bub?
Power Loss: Sabretooth is vulnerable to the Muramasa Blade. This sword has the ability to nullify any accelerated healing factor.
Reputation: Sabretooth is quite possibly one of the most sadistic men in the Marvel Universe, and this reputation is widely known.
Swiss Cheese Memory: Although he's not as angst-ridden about as another feral mutant, large portions of Creed's memory are falsified or missing.

ABILITIES [ 52 pp ] + SKILLS [ 18 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 15 pp ] + POWERS [ 55 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 25 pp ] =
165 PP TOTAL

:arrow: Like Juggernaught, Sabertooth is a villain that frequently manages to "punch above his weight." He frequently takes on entire teams of X-Men, and regularly goes one-on-one with some of Marvel's toughest combatants, like Iron Fist, Black Panther, and that short, hairy guy from Canada... you know... Wutz-his-name?
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 pm

WOLVERINE
Marvel Universe
Power Level 11 ( 165 PP)

Wolverine (Vol. 1) #1 wrote:I'm Wolverine. I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.

ABILITIES
Strength 3 (Lifting 4) Stamina 4(6) Agility 3 Dexterity 3
Fighting 8 Intellect 0 Awareness 3 Presence 1

POWERS
Feral Mutation Senses 10 (Olfactory: Accurate [2], Acute [1], Extended [1], Tracking [2]; Auditory: Extended [1], Ultra-Hearing [1]; Visual: Infrared [1], Ultravision [1]) [ 10 PP ]
Healing Factor Immunity 5 (Aging [1], Disease [1], Poison [1]; Critical Hits [2]); Regeneration 10 (1/every round, Extras: Persistent) [ 25 PP ]
Superhuman Build Enhanced Strength 1 (Flaws: Limited to Lifting); Quickness 1 (Flaws: Limited to Physical); Speed 1 (4 MPH) [ 2 PP ]
Adamantium Skeleton Enhanced Stamina 2 (E: Impervious Toughness [5]); Claws Damage 4 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [7], Split [1]) [ 21 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
All Out Attack, Benefit [Ambidexterous], Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (4), Improved Trip, Languages [Japanese, Base: English] (1), Power Attack, Precise Attack [Close, Concealment], Takedown (1), Teamwork (1)

SKILLS
Athletics 5 (+8), Acrobatics 5 (+8), Close Combat [Claws] 5 (+15), Expertise [Tactics] 4 (+4), Insight 1 (+4), Intimidation 11 (+12), Stealth 9 (+12)

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 9
Parry: (12) Base 5
Fortitude: (10) Base 4
Toughness: (10/6) Base -
Will: (10) Base 7

COMPLICATIONS
Berserker Rage! Logan struggles to keep wild and animal-like inner nature contained. It doesn't always work.
Nemesis: Logan has a long list of enemies, but no rivalry is quite bitter as the with Sabertooth.
Power Loss: Wolverine is vulnerable to the Muramasa Blade. This sword has the ability to nullify any accelerated healing factor.
Reputation: Wolverine isn't the easiest to get along with when he's in a good mood, and his berserker rage is legendary.
Swiss Cheese Memory: You don't really think that Origin is the definitive background, do you?

ABILITIES [ 50 pp ] + SKILLS [ 19 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 14 pp ] + POWERS [ 58 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 24 pp ] = 165 PP TOTAL

:arrow: Love him or hate him, if you read comics you cannot avoid him. A clear fan favorite, Wolverine has been an almost constant part of the Marvel Universe since the late 1970s, and it is probably beyond human keen to count all the appearances and cameos he has made. The amount of "Popularity Power" behind Logan in immense, but I've tried to build a more constant and down-to-earth Wolverine. Despite the hype, Logan is at his core the scrapper/brawler of either a large and diverse team (the X-Men) or a small and highly elite one (the Avengers). He's not a god... I could pile on skill ranks and advantages between now and the heat death of the universe and not cover everything they say he can do. So, I've just gone for the essentials.

:idea: But don't worry, he's still one of best there is at what he does, and what he does best still isn't very nice.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Sabertooth, Wolverine)

Postby Devastation Bob » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:02 am

Logan is a Silver-Age gorilla.
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton
Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Batgirl III » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:22 am

My pet theory is that Logan's regeneration is kind of like an earthworm or starfish... you know, you cut of of those critters in half, and eventually you have two worms? Everytime Logan has lost a limb, been split in twain, or whatever, he's been duplicated. That's why he's on fifteen X-Men teams, two Avengers squads, the Secret Defenders, and is have 2,396 separate solo adventures and Marvel Team-Ups each month. :lol:

Although, despite myself, I find Wolverine has been growing on me these last few years, as Marvel's writers have begun to tone him down to his original status: badass brawler, but not the Canadian God of War; smarter than most people give him credit for, but not Sun Tzu; sneaky and clever, but not the Batman.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 am

SHADOWCAT
Marvel Universe
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

Mekanix (Vol. 1) #4 wrote:I'm Jewish. I'm also a woman, an American, and a Cubs fan. All of which make me a minority and an object of hatred somewhere in the world. But this is college. Here, none of that's supposed to matter! Except for that bit about the Cubs.

ABILITIES
Strength 0 Stamina 2 Agility 3 Dexterity 3
Fighting 5 Intellect 4 Awareness 2 Presence 3

POWERS
Astral Perception Senses 4 (Counter Concealment [4]; Flaws: Limited [Astral Forms Only]) [ 2 PP ]
Phasing Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Extras: Affects Others, Attack, Reaction); Flight 1 (Flaws: Air Walking) [ 29 PP ]

Disruption (Synaptic) Affliction 10 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; Extras: Affects Incorporeal) [ 20 PP ]
Alternate Power: Disruption (Electronic) Nullify 10 (Electronics; Extra: Affects Corporeal, Simultaneous) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (1), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Defense, Languages [German, Japanese, Base: English] (1), Teamwork (1)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 3 (+3), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+10), Expertise [Computers] 8 (+12), Expertise [Dance] 2 (+6), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+8), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 2 (+6)

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (10) Base 5
Fortitude: (9) Base 7
Toughness: (5/2) Base -
Will: (11) Base 9

COMPLICATIONS
Vulnerability: A few rare materials, like ultra-dense Adamantium or magical Uru, can disrupt or even negate Kitty's phasing abilities.
Prejudice: In addition to the normal hatred and fear of mutant-kind, Kitty sometimes runs into anti-semitism, sexism, or White Sox fans.

ABILITIES [ 44 pp ] + SKILLS [ 20 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 8 pp ] + POWERS [ 52 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 26 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

:arrow: Kitty Pride is actually undercapped in Defenses, due to her low Toughness for a hero of her caliber. But since her phasing abilities make her practically untouchable, this doesn't come up too often. Much of her martial arts training under Wolverine and other coaches has focused on avoiding getting hit in the first place, so even those few things that can touch her can't hit her.

:idea: Kitty has displayed thousands of different tricks with her intangibility over the years: from walking on water, to turning invisible, to telepathic immunity. I'm writing off most of these things as one-time power stunts. Similarly, Kitty has a long history in the comics -- she's been a hero since she was 13-years old and now *cough* *cough* years later she's been an X-Man, led Excalibur, been an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., trained as a ninja... and so on and so forth. You can't cram that much history into a single character build. Marvel's writers hardly remember half of it!
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Oh My stars and garters!

Postby Batgirl III » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 am

BEAST
Marvel Universe
Power Level 11 ( 165 PP)

Avengers (Vol. 1) #167 wrote:Oh My stars and garters!

ABILITIES
Strength 8 Stamina 8 Agility 8 Dexterity 3
Fighting 8 Intellect 6 Awareness 2 Presence 1

POWERS
Beastial Physiology Feature 2 (Insulating Fur, Prehensile Feet); Leaping 2 (30'); Speed 2 (8 MPH); Movement 1 (Wall Crawling [1]); Regneration 3 (1/every third round) [ 11 PP ]
Beastial Senses Senses 4 (Visual: Low Light [1]; Auditory: Extended [1]; Olfactory: Acute [1], Extended [1]) [ 4 PP ]
Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness Enhanced Advantages 1 (Dazzle [Expertise: Science]; Extras: Action [Free]) [ 3 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Benefit [Ambidexterity] (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Evasion (1), Inventor, Languages [Latin, Japanese, Sh’iar, Pashto, others, Base: English] (3), Move-by Action, Takedown (1), Teamwork

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+15), Athletics 4 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Expertise [Biology] 10 (+16), Expertise [Science] 9 (+15), Investigation 2 (+8), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 9 (+10), Technology 6 (+12), Treatment 4 (+10), Vehicles 1 (+4)

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 4
Parry: (12) Base 4
Fortitude: (8) Base
Toughness: (10/8) Base -
Will: (10) Base 8

COMPLICATIONS
Public Identity: Dr. hank McCoy has no secret identity, he is one of the world's foremost biologists and a well-known spokesman for Mutant rights. He is also a Avengers Reservist. This would be the Fame benefit, but anti-mutant prejudice is strong.
Genetic Atavism: Hank's anthropomorphic feline appearance can be unsettling for those not used to him and his has a deep-seated phobia of losing his intelligence and becoming a true beast.
Eschews Elucidation: Hank sometimes finds himself stymied by simple concepts. Bobby Drake has been quoted as saying he "understand anybody who doesn't use ten-syllable words."
Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Hank's gregarious garrulousness tends towards the verbose, this can be perceived as effusiveness or elitism.

ABILITIES [ 88 pp ] + SKILLS [ 30 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 13 pp ] + POWERS [ 18 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 16 pp ] =
165 PP TOTAL

Uncanny X-Men (Vol. 1) #501 wrote:I need eggs, Scott. Not 'Hot Pockets.' I don't even know what a 'Hot Pocket' is. I don't want to know. Don't make me learn about 'Hot Pockets,' Scott.

:idea: Beast is a solid PL10 on the offense, and would be a perfect PL11 defensively if he had just a slightly strong Willpower. Still, you really want to have Hank on your team for his brain and not his brawn. Although his expertise is mostly theoretical biology, he's still well-read in every other discipline, excellent physician, and a fair hand with a

:arrow: Yes, I know he has some sort animal pheremone power now. He's used it, what, once? Power Stunt.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call