Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Godzilla)

Postby Batgirl III » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Rodan ( ラドン )
Millennium Era
Power Level 15 ( 225 PP)

ABILITIES
Strength (16) Stamina (16) Agility 2 Dexterity 0
Fighting 8 Intellect 1 Awareness 2 Presence 0

POWERS
Daikaijū Growth 16 (+16 STR, +16 STA, +8 Speed, -8 Defenses; 180' Tall; Extras: Innate, Increased Mass [2]; Flaws: Permanent) [ 35 PP ]
Invulnerable Protection 4 (E: Innate); Impervious Toughness 12 (E: Innate); Immunity 10 Life Support; E: Innate) [ 29 PP ]
Super-Senses Senses 4 (Visual: Extended [3], Low Light [1]) [ 3 PP ]
Pterosaur Flight 10 (Extras: Innate; Flaws: Wings) [ 11 PP ]
Sonic Boom Affliction 15 (Resist: Fortitude; Auditory Impaired, Auditory Disabled, Auditory Unaware; E: Area [Cone 120' (2)], Cumulative, Secondary Effect; F: Limited to One Sense; Limited Only While Flying); Damage 8 (E: Area [Cone 120' (2)]; F: Limited Only While Flying) [ 61 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Favored Environment [Airborne], Move-By Action, Takedown (2)

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 13 (+15)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 18
Parry: (10) Base 18
Fortitude: (16) Base 0
Toughness: (20) Base -
Will: (10) Base 10

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: All daikaiju are essentially mute and Rodan has no hands.

ABILITIES [ 26 pp ] + SKILLS [ 10 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 4 pp ] + POWERS [ 139 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 46 pp ] = 225 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Rodan (ラドン Radon) is a fictional mutated pterosaur introduced in Rodan, a 1956 release from Toho Studios, the company responsible for the Godzilla series. Like Godzilla, he is designed after a type of prehistoric reptile (the Japanese name "Radon" is a contraction of "pteranodon"). Radon is usually referred to as "Rodan" in the United States, possibly to avoid confusion with the atomic element Radon; however, any time his name is written in English in Japan, it is written as Rodan. He is occasionally an enemy of Godzilla, but is usually depicted as one of Godzilla's allies. Rodan started out as enemies of mankind and of Godzilla, which explains the occasional enmity between the creatures and Godzilla himself on the rare occasion that they are pitted against one another.

:arrow: Rodan isn't the apocalyptic threat that Godzilla is, which isn't much of a comparisson really... a super-sonic pterosaur the size of a skyscrapper is damn dangerous. Rodan, like most of the "good" daikaijū, is basically just the lesser of multiple evils. Rodan will still level your city and eat you, just like Godzilla, he just isn't quite as mean about it.

:idea: Fun fact, according to George Takei's autobiography, the 1956 American dubbed release of Rodan was his first professional acting job, and all dialogue voices were provided by himself and four others. Oh, my!
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Godzilla, Rodan)

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Loving the Kaiju builds. I'm also beginning to think you sleep as poorly as I do.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 am

Anguirus ( アンギラス )
Millennium Era
Power Level 15 ( 225 PP)

ABILITIES
Strength (16) Stamina (20) Agility 0 Dexterity 0
Fighting 8 Intellect 1 Awareness 2 Presence 0

POWERS
Daikaijū Growth 16 (+16 STR, +16 STA, +8 Speed, -8 Defenses; 180' Tall; Extras: Innate, Increased Mass [2]; Flaws: Permanent) [ 35 PP ]
Invulnerable Enhanced Stamina 4 (E: Innate); Impervious Toughness 12 (E: Innate); Immunity 10 Life Support; E: Innate) [ 30 PP ]
Subterranean Burrowing 13, Movement 1 (Enviromental Adaptation [1]) [ 15 PP ]
Quadruped Immunity 5 (Entrapment) [ 5 PP ]
Super-Senses Senses 2 (Visual: Darkvision [2]) [ 2 PP ]
Carapace Spikes Damage 6 (E: Innate, Penetrating [5], Reaction) [ 30 PP ]

Tail-Smash Damade 4 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [6]); Affliction 10 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed and Hindered, Stunned and Prone; E: Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degrees) [ 20 PP ]
Alternate Power: Spinning Carapace Damage 2 (Strength-Based; E: Multiattack, Penetrating [6], Ranged; F: Distracting); Impervious Toughness 8; Enhanced Advantages 2 (Move-By Action, All-Out Attack) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Hold, Move-By Action, Power Attack

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 10 (+12)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 18
Parry: (10) Base 18
Fortitude: (20) Base 0
Will: (10) Base 10

ABILITIES [ 22 pp ] + SKILLS [ 10 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 7 pp ] + POWERS [ 140 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 46 pp ] = 225 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Anguirus (アンギラス) is the second daikaiju to appear in the Godzilla films, debuting only a year after Godzilla in the 1955 Toho film Godzilla Raids Again. The first monster Godzilla ever fought, he has allied himself with the King of Monsters on several instances against more dangerous threats, eventually becoming his most trusted ally and a fan favorite. Anguirus is one of the only quadrupedal kaiju, and roughly resembles the Ankylosaurus dinosaur.

Anguirus is armed with sharp teeth, claws, horns, spiky tail, and a spiky carapace. Although an aggressively tenacious fighter, Anguirus lacks ranged capability compared to some of Godzilla's other allies and opponents. Nevertheless, regardless of how much stronger his opponent might be, Anguirus never retreats from a fight without first taking substantial punishment.

Two of his more impressive attacks involve jumping backward to impale his opponents on his spiked carapace and his vise-like bite; the most famous example of the latter being when he faced King Ghidorah in Destroy All Monsters when he latched onto one of King Ghidorah's necks, his grip holding firm even as his opponent took flight. In Godzilla: Final Wars, Anguirus was redesigned with the ability to curl himself into a ball and propel himself forward with tremendous speed. The Final Wars version also possessed a spiked tail club like a real Ankylosaurus, though he was not witnessed using it in combat.

:arrow: Again, "not as dangerous as Godzilla" is not the same thing as "safe."

Edit 10/21/12: Working through the list of errors kindly supplied by Psistrike.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:43 am

Wow, you've been posting up a storm as of late. Sweet Daikaiju builds, too- they're a rough bunch to fit into the M&M framework at times (I mean, do you go with a Thor/Supes-ish PL 14-16, or do you throw them one step beyond?), but this is a good job of it.

Also: Freddie Mercury rules. 'Nuff said. One of the greatest frontmen ever, if not THE BEST.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Devastation Bob » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:02 am

Godzilla vs. Cthulhu, who wins?
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton
Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:28 am

Ebirah ( エビラ )
Millennium Era
Power Level 15 ( 225 PP)

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (#213) wrote:This must be for the seafood lover in us.[/size]

ABILITIES
Strength (16) Stamina (16) Agility -2 Dexterity -2
Fighting 6 Intellect -2 Awareness 0 Presence 0

POWERS
Daikaijū Growth 16 (+16 STR, +16 STA, +8 Speed, -8 Defenses; 190' Tall; Extras: Innate; Flaws: Permanent) [ 33 PP ]
Invulnerable Protection 2 (E: Innate); Impervious Toughness 15 (E: Innate); Immunity 10 (Suffocation Effects [5], Enviromental Heat and Cold [1]; E: Innate) [ 27 PP ]
Aquatic Arthropod Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation [Underwater], Surefooted), Swimming 5 (16 mph) [ 9 PP ]
Super-Senses Enhanced Perception 4 (F: Limited to Auditory), Senses 7 (Auditory Accurate Extended [sonar], Ultrahearing; Visual Low-Light) [ 8 PP ]

Giant Claws Damage 4 (Strength-Based; E: Split [1]) [ 5 PP ]
Alternate Power: Crushing Claws Damage 4 (Strength-Based; E: Penetrating [5]; F: Grab-Based) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Benefit [Ambidexterous], Favored Environment [Aquatic], Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Intimidation 4 (+10), Perception 6 (+6)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 20
Parry: (10) Base 12
Toughness: (18) Base -
Will: (4) Base 4

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: All daikaiju are essentially mute, but Ebriah is especially animal-like and instinctive. Ebriah's claws offer little beyond gross manipulation.

ABILITIES [ 0 pp ] + SKILLS [ 10 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 6 pp ] + POWERS [ 83 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 36 pp ] = 135 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
Ebirah ( エビラ ) is an enormous lobster and/or shrimp that was first featured in the 1966 movie Ebirah: Horror of the Deep, but most of us know him from the MST3K episode riffing on the English-dub, Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster. A slightly bigger and meaner Ebirah was last seen in 2004's Godzilla: Final Wars... but not for long. Ebirah, enormous lobster and/or shrimp... not much else to add.

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:41 am

Jabroniville wrote:Wow, you've been posting up a storm as of late. Sweet Daikaiju builds, too- they're a rough bunch to fit into the M&M framework at times (I mean, do you go with a Thor/Supes-ish PL 14-16, or do you throw them one step beyond?), but this is a good job of it.

I purposefully kept one eye on the official DCA build of Superman while building Godzilla. They're fairly evenly matched in my estimation, with the King of the Monsters really only surpassing the Man of Steel in endurance thanks to its Regenerator G1 power... Clark has far more maneuverability and speed, and is a good deal more intelligent.

If it was a one-on-one fight, in a empty field, I'm going to give it to Clark. But that's not where the fight will happen... As we all know, Godzilla goes after Tokyo so that's where Superman would need to face him and deal with all the collateral damage, endangered civilians, and the like.

Godzilla should be the sort of threat that Clark can handle, but not an easy one. I hope my build is sufficient.

Devastation Bob wrote:Godzilla vs. Cthulhu, who wins?

I love my Lovecraft. But, remember, Cthulhu got taken out by a steamboat prow to the belly... sure, that didn't kill him, but Godzilla ain't going out like that. The King of the Monsters has this one by a knockout in the fifth.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Rodan, Anguirus, Ebirah)

Postby Kreuzritter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 am

to be fair, Ebirah went out like a boss in final wars, being thrown by godzilla to spear Hedorah, who had also just been tossed out of the ocean moments before
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions
Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:22 am

Kreuzritter wrote:to be fair, Ebirah went out like a boss in final wars, being thrown by godzilla to spear Hedorah, who had also just been tossed out of the ocean moments before

Ebirah is a great monster, he's just not a terribly complex one. He's a 60m tall lobster... he's basically what TV Tropes would call a jobber. A monster that's well liked by the fans, but is basically stuck on the kaiju C-List.

Now, as for guys that the fan base hates....
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:25 am

Zilla ( ジラ )
Millennium Era
Power Level 15 ( 165 PP)

Godzilla (1998) wrote:That's a lot of fish.

ABILITIES
Strength 4(20) Stamina (16) Agility 2 Dexterity 0
Fighting 8 Intellect 0 Awareness 1 Presence 0

POWERS
Amphibious Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underwater]) Swimming 3 (4 MPH) [ 5 PP ]
Tough Hide Protection 4 (E: Innate) [ 5 PP ]
Super-Senses Senses 2 (Visual: Darkvision [2]) [ 2 PP ]
Fiery Breath Damage 15 (Extras: Area [Cone: 120 (2)]) [ 45 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Diehard

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 3 (+3), Insight 9 (+10), Intimidation 2 (+10), Perception 9 (+10), Stealth 11 (-3)

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 16
Parry: (8) Base 8
Fortitude: (16) Base
Will: (6) Base 5

ABILITIES [ 30 pp ] + SKILLS [ 13 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 1 pp ] + POWERS [ 92 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 29 pp ] = 165 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: Daikaiju are essentially mute, but Zilla does have hands!

BACKGROUND
Zilla (ジラ, Jira) is Toho Studio's official name for the titular creature of the 1998 American film, known to many American fans as "GINO," Godzilla in Name Only. Zilla got his Japanese name for his first (and to date, only) appearance in a Toho film, Godzilla: Final Wars. Zilla is one of the monsters controlled by the Xiliens, and under their control he attacks Sydney, Australia. The towering reptile topples down buildings, chomps on vehicles, incinerates a crowd with his fire breath, and even eats a couple of civilians... he appears later on in the film, re-released by the aliens in Sydney to do battle with the original Godzilla! East meets West, right? Clash of the ages? No. The King of the Monsters sends the imposter flying into the Sydney Opera House and finishes him off with his atomic breath. The battle was 11 seconds long. Go, go, Godzilla!

:arrow: Like a lot of American Godzilla fans, I remember eagerly awaiting this film. Big Hollywood budget, big Hollywood special effects, set in the States!? How could it fail! I don't think it was really the monsters fault, his design is great and he's got a sort of "Ultimate Universe" downgrade to Godzilla's power set that made a better fit for a late `90s American film. But... well... the movie itself. Ugh. I could explain... but I'll just refer you to the Nostalgia Critic's complete review. He remembers it, so I don't have to.

:idea: Yes, he's a daikaijū with a Stealth score. I mean, on the one hand, the police and military in the `98 fill are clearly morons -- how do you lose track of a giant monster in Manhattan!? -- but, on the other hand, Zilla is clearly hiding from them on purpose. So, yeah, radioactive ninja dinosaur... go fig.

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:46 am

Batgirl III wrote:BACKGROUND
Zilla (ジラ, Jira) is Toho Studio's official name for the titular creature of the 1998 American film, known to many American fans as "GINO," Godzilla in Name Only. Zilla got his Japanese name for his first (and to date, only) appearance in a Toho film, Godzilla: Final Wars. Zilla is one of the monsters controlled by the Xiliens, and under their control he attacks Sydney, Australia. The towering reptile topples down buildings, chomps on vehicles, incinerates a crowd with his fire breath, and even eats a couple of civilians... he appears later on in the film, re-released by the aliens in Sydney to do battle with the original Godzilla! East meets West, right? Clash of the ages? No. The King of the Monsters sends the imposter flying into the Sydney Opera House and finishes him off with his atomic breath. The battle was 11 seconds long. Go, go, Godzilla!

:arrow: Like a lot of American Godzilla fans, I remember eagerly awaiting this film. Big Hollywood budget, big Hollywood special effects, set in the States!? How could it fail! I don't think it was really the monsters fault, his design is great and he's got a sort of "Ultimate Universe" downgrade to Godzilla's power set that made a better fit for a late `90s American film. But... well... the movie itself. Ugh. I could explain... but I'll just refer you to the Nostalgia Critic's complete review. He remembers it, so I don't have to.

To be fair I have to agree that the design was actually good (pretty much they took Jurassic Park T-Rex and gave him Godzilla-style spikes), but anything else about Zilla is a testament about why some ideas should be left to who them best.

Adn, are you sure about the fire bresthing? I remeber some people saying that Zilla doesn't breath fire and the scenes where he looks like it were actually because of some gas main exploding.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Anguirus, Ebirah, Zilla)

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 am

Kumonga ( クモンガ )
Power Level 15 ( PP)

Spider-Man. Spider-Man. Does whatever a spider can...

ABILITIES
Strength (16) Stamina (15) Agility 3 Dexterity 1
Fighting 1 Intellect -- Awareness 0 Presence -4

POWERS
Daikaijū Growth 16 (+16 STR, +16 STA, +8 Speed, -8 Defenses; Extras: Innate; Flaws: Permanent) [ 33 PP ]
Arachnid Extra Limb 5 (Eight Legs; Extras: Innate) [ 6 PP ]
Exoskeleton Impervious Toughness 5 [ 5 PP ]
Spider Senses Senses 8 (Visual: Darkvision; Touch: Accurate, Penetrates Concealment, Radius, Ranged) [ 8 PP ]
Poisonous Bite Damage 2 (Strength-based); Weaken Strength 2 (Resist: Fortitude; E: Progressive) [ 8 PP ]

Web-Spinning Array (6 points)
Web Building Create 3 (Extra: Continuous) [ 9 PP ]
Alternate Power: Web Net Ranged Affliction 3 (Resist Dodge; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; E: Cumulative, Extra Condition F: Limited to Two Degrees) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Grabbing Finesse, Set-Up, Teamwork

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+18), Perception 5 (+5), Stealth 5 (-8)

DEFENSE
Dodge (6) Base 14
Parry: (6) Base 13
Will: (0) Base 4

ABILITIES [ -10 pp ] + SKILLS [ 6 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 3 pp ] + POWERS [ 70 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 31 pp ] = 100 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: Daikaiju are essentially mute, and have no hands.

BACKGROUND
Kumonga ( クモンガ ) are a giant spider that dwells in the jungles of Sogellel Island. Kumonga appears in Son of Godzilla (1967) and Godzilla: Final Wars (2004). Not much else I can really offer here, as Kumonga gets little screen time and doesn't have much of a personality. Like Ebirah, he's basically just a C-Lister.

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:36 am

Woodclaw wrote:Adn, are you sure about the fire bresthing? I remeber some people saying that Zilla doesn't breath fire and the scenes where he looks like it were actually because of some gas main exploding.

Godzilla: Final Wars director Ryuhei Kitamura has said in interviews that Zilla is indeed breathing "acidic fire" during his initial attack on Sydney. It's never shown explicitly on camera, the film shows a crowd of people running until they are all blown away by a wall of fire, just as we get the dramatic appearance of the monster walking into camera view around a building.

Zilla got an upgrade when he moved (back) to Japan. :lol:
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:Adn, are you sure about the fire bresthing? I remeber some people saying that Zilla doesn't breath fire and the scenes where he looks like it were actually because of some gas main exploding.

Godzilla: Final Wars director Ryuhei Kitamura has said in interviews that Zilla is indeed breathing "acidic fire" during his initial attack on Sydney. It's never shown explicitly on camera, the film shows a crowd of people running until they are all blown away by a wall of fire, just as we get the dramatic appearance of the monster walking into camera view around a building.

Zilla got an upgrade when he moved (back) to Japan. :lol:

I withdraw my objection.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Anguirus, Ebirah, Zilla)

Postby Batgirl III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Mechagodzilla "Kiryu" ( メカゴジラ )
Millennium Era
Power Level 15 ( 260 PP)

'Godzilla' by Blue Öyster Cult wrote:"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound,
He pulls the spitting high-tension wires down;
Helpless people on subway trains
Scream Bug-eyed as he looks in on them;
He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town;
Oh no, they say he's got to go, go go Godzilla!
Oh no, there goes Tokyo, go go Godzilla!"

ABILITIES
Strength (20) Stamina -- Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Fighting 9 Intellect -- Awareness 0 Presence --

POWERS
Invulnerable Protection 4 (E: Impervious [18 Ranks]); Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [ 52 PP ]
DNA ComputerSenses 7 (Visual: Analytical [2], Detect Kaijū [2], Low Light [1]; Auditory: Radio [1], Ultra-Hearing [1]); Enhanced Advantage (Assessment) [ 8 PP ]

Anti-Monster Arsenal (Array)
Absolute Zero Cannon Damage 20 (E: Penetrating [20] Ranged, Secondary Effect; F: Activation [Move], Unreliable [One Use]); Affliction 20 (Resist: Dodge; Hindered, Immobile, Paralyzed; E: Cumulative, Ranged, Secondary Effect; F: Activation [Move], Unreliable [One Use]) [ 38 PP ]
Alternate Power: Oral Maser Canon Damage 15 (E: Ranged, Penetrating [8]) [ 1 PP ]
Alternate Power: Dual Arm Laser Canons Damage 10 (E: Accurate [5], Ranged, Multi-Attack, Penetrating [5]; F: Diminished Range, Quirk [No Hands!]) [ 1 PP ]
Alternate Power: b]Wrist Blade w/ Electroshock Damage 0[/b] (Strength-based; E: Penetrating [9]); Affliction 10 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed and Hindered, Stunned and Prone; E: Extra Condition; F: Limited to Two Degrees) [ 19 PP ]

Flight Pack (Array; 65 PP Base) (Flaws: Easily Removable [-2 per 5]) [ 39 PP Total ]
Flight System Flight 10 (60 MPH / 2000 MPH) (Partial Flaws: Distracting [5 Ranks]) [ 15 PP ]
Guided Missile Pods Damage 10 (i]E:[/i] Area [Burst 60' (2)], Ranged, Perception; F: Unreliable [5 Uses]) [ 30 PP ]
Targeting Relay Remote Sensing 10 (4 Miles, Visual) [ 20 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Favored Foe [Godzilla], Minions [JXSDF Forces (16)] Power Attack

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+10), Ranged Combat [Maser Canon] 3 (+5), Insight 10 (+10), Perception 12 (+12)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 16
Parry: (10) Base 9
Fortitude: Immune
Will: Immune

ABILITIES [ 4 pp ] + SKILLS [ 13 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 20 pp ] + POWERS [ 193 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 25 pp ] = 255 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Godzilla DNA: Mechagodzilla sometimes goes out-of-control...
Normal Identity: Lieutenant Akane Yashiro, J.S.D.F.

Lieutenant Akane Yashiro
Power Level 3 ( 45 PP)[/size]

ABILITIES
Strength 0 Stamina 1 Agility 1 Dexterity 1
Fighting 4 Intellect 1 Awareness 1 Presence 1

ADVANTAGES
Attractive (1), Equipment (3), Ranged Attack (4)

SKILLS
Athletics 4 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+5), Expertise [Soldier] 4 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 5 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 2 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+3)

DEFENSE
Dodge 5; Parry: 5; Fortitude: 5; Toughness: 5; Will: 5

ABILITIES [ 10 pp ] + SKILLS [ 10 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 8 pp ] + POWERS [ 0 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 17 pp ] = 45 PP TOTAL

BACKGROUND
The current Mechagodzilla, nicknamed 'Kiryu,' was featured in two films: Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo SOS.

In the Millennium version of continuity, the original Godzilla had been killed in 1954 by the Oxygen Destroyer, Japan still found itself under attack from other monsters such as Mothra and Gaira over the decades. When a second Godzilla appeared in 1999, this was the last straw. Japan proposed a shocking plan: to dredge up the skeleton of the first Godzilla from Tokyo Bay and use it as a skeleton/framework for constructing a Mechagodzilla, also known as 'Kiryu' or Mecha-G. Yet they were unaware that this bold move would only infuriate and provoke this new Godzilla.

Cloned DNA from the bones was also inserted into the quasi-organic control computers, intended to take over subconscious motor control functions for the crew. By 2003, the metal monster was ready. Mechagodzilla was unleashed, but the cyborg's latent memories were reawakened by the new Godzilla's own roars the memories being Kiryu's attack on Tokyo in 1954 as the original Godzilla. Mechagodzilla broke free of its pilot, Lt. Akane Yashiro, and proceeded to trash the city (manual overrides being ignored) without the new Godzilla's help for a couple of hours until it ran out of power. Things just get even more chaotic from there...

Mechagodzilla 'Kiryu' is a well balanced machine, and the most agile Mechagodzilla to date, moving with a fluid, almost organic grace. Its armament includes an oral maser cannon, dual laser cannons on each arm, and a detachable flight pack that contains two forward firing rocket launchers and four batteries along its back and sides for launching guided missiles. For close combat, a short blade can be extended from Mechagodzilla's dual laser cannons which was not only able to penetrate Godzilla's nearly impervious hide, but was also able to discharge a crippling electrical surge into his opponent's body.

Mechagodzilla 'Kiryu''s most devastating weapon is the Absolute Zero Cannon (a weapon also utilized by the Gotengo). Stored in its chest behind a trio of folding panels, the Absolute Zero Cannon fires a ball of energy that flash freezes its target, thereby causing it to disintegrate under the weight of its own mass.

:arrow: Thanks to Psistrike for pointing out that Growth gives Protection to creatures without stamina equal to normal Stamina gain from the power, I was able to shave 16 PP from 'Kiryu''s powers. This was all dumped into Minions. Mechagodzilla can now be accompanied by a cadre of JXSDF soldiers and mundane vehicles. As per usually, they won't do much against evil daikaijū, but that's the life of a soldier in Japan... :)

Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call