Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Batgirl III's 3E Thread (Doc Ock, Vulture, Electro)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Hulk, Thor, Coulson, Hill)

Postby marcoasalazarm » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Batgirl III wrote:Cassandra "Cassie" Sandsmark was originally characterized as the ultimate in comic reading girl escapism -- she was a gangly nerdy girl who idolized her favorite superheroine and then got her wishes granted and got superpowers. She was an ugly duckling with bad teeth, a lanky frame, and big old goggles. Over the next decade she matured into a beautiful and confident young woman who was dating a Superboy. Escapist wish fullfillment? Hell yeah. Now in New 52 she's a snotty betch who hates Wonder Woman and acusses Robin of staring at her tits. She's no longer the escapist character I daydreamed about being in junior high, she's the girls I was dreaming about escaping from!

'New 52' is hit and miss with me as well. At least there's some interesting ideas worth scavenging (although with a lot of modiifcation, admittedly).

I am not good enough with M&M statting to do it, but I already was brewing a home-setting version of Sandsmark (also need to say that I prefer her on her early WW and YJ appearances. Had a much better personality then). Some New 52, some old stuff.

A 'closet' Wonder Woman fan and thief (bad childhood) that had the misfortune of being born a demi-goddess and when sweet 16 came around, had her destiny knocking at the door (or breaking it with a battering ram, whatever sounds worse).
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor)

Postby marcoasalazarm » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Batgirl III wrote:I really, really hope Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. television pilot gets picked up... (Mostly because I'm daydreaming about the cameo's from Whedon's regular troupe.)

I hope it gets picked up because... well, Phil would be a regular. Or at least a special guest for a couple of episodes.

And since it looks for now that he has been Killed Off For Real in the Cinematic Universe, well, that will be a good way for us to get more Phil.
Bad guy looks at small pistol by PC. Bad guy makes pistol with fingers.
Bad guy-¿"Bang"?.
PC shakes head gravely.
PC (quiet voice)-"Boom".
PC pulls trigger.
Bad guy gets vaporized.
marcoasalazarm
Hero
Hero

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Nick Fury, Loki)

Postby Batgirl III » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Graue Geist
DC Universe Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

'Shepherd's Week, Wednesday' John Gay (1738) wrote:The sun was set; the night came on apace,
And falling dews bewet around the place;
The bat takes airy rounds on leathern wings,
And the hoarse owl his woeful dirges sings.

ABILITIES
Strength 3 Stamina 3 Agility 5 Dexterity 4
Fighting 7 Intellect 3 Awareness 3 Presence 2

POWERS
Die Fledermaus Armor (Array; 25 PP Base) (Flaws: Removable [-1 per 5]) [ 20 PP Total ]
Armor Protection 2 [ 2 PP ] Impervious Toughness 3 [ 3 PP ]
Cowl Sensors Senses 3 (Visual: Extended, Infravision, Tracking; Auditory: Accurate, Danger Sense ) [ 5 PP ]
Cape Wings Flight 3 (16 MPH) (Extras: Subtle [2]; Flaws: Gliding) [ 5 PP ]
Alternate Power: Cape Camoflauge Concealment 5 (All Visual Senses, Normal Auditory) (Flaws: Blending) [ 1 PP ]
Wrist Grapple Move Object 3 (Extras: Damaging) [ 9 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 50 EP Total)

Utility Belt (Array) [ 23 EP Total ]
C4 Explosives Damage 5 (Extras: Area-Burst; Ranged) [ 16 EP ]
Flash-Bang Grenades Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Hearing and Vision Impaired, Hearing and Vision Disabled, Hearing and Vision Unaware; Extras: Area-Burst; Extra Condition; Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Tear Gas Grenades Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Dazed and Vision Impaired, Stunned and Vision Disabled, Incapacitated; Extras: Area-Cloud; Extra Condition; Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Lock Release Gun [ 1 EP ]
Mini Tracers [ 1 EP ]
Multi-Tool [ 1 EP ]
Rebreather [ 1 EP ]
Restraints [ 1 EP ]

Arsenal (Array) [ 8 EP Total ]
Stun Knuckles ("On")[i] Affliction 5 ([i]Resist: Fortitude; Daze, Stun, Incapacitate) [ 5 EP ]
Stun Knuckles ("Off")[i] Damage 2 (Strength-Based; [i]Extra: Improved Critical [1]) [ 1 EP ]
Shuriken Damage 1 (Extras: Ranged, Multiattack) [ 1 EP ]
Bolos Snare 3 [ 1 EP ]

Munich Lair (Headquarters) [ 18 EP Total ]
Size: Large (2 EP)
Toughness: 10 (2 EP)
Features: Communications (1 EP), Computer (1 EP), Defense System (1 EP), Garage (1 EP), Gym (1 EP), Holding Cells [Toughness 15] (1 EP), Library (1 EP), Living Space (1 EP), Personnel (1 EP), Power System (1 EP), Secret (DC +15; 2 EP), Security System (1 EP), Workshop (1 EP)

Berlin Lair (Headquarters) [ 1 EP Total ]
Size: Large (2 EP)
Toughness: 10 (2 EP)
Features: Communications (1 EP), Computer (1 EP), Defense System (1 EP), Garage (1 EP), Gym (1 EP), Holding Cells [Toughness 15] (1 EP), Library (1 EP), Living Space (1 EP), Personnel (1 EP), Power System (1 EP), Secret (DC +15; 2 EP), Security System (1 EP), Workshop (1 EP)

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Benefit [Security Clearance], Contacts, Connected, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (10), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Startle

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 9 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+11), Expertise [Civics] 7 (+10), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 2 (+5), Vehicles 1 (+5)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base 1
Fortitude: (8) Base 5
Toughness: (8/5/3) Base -
Will: (10) Base 8

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] + SKILLS [ 23 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 28 pp ] + POWERS [ 20 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 19 pp ] = 150 PP TOTAL

Background
Unique among the members of Batman Incorporated, the Batman of Germany is an authorized agent of the Bundespolizei (BPOL), the German federal police force tasked with handling major disturbances and other emergencies beyond the scope of local police. After shortcomings in police procedures and training were revealed by the terrorist attack on Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics, a task force known as Special Group 9 (GSG-9) was formed to deal with terrorist incidents, especially hostage situations. With the rise of costumed criminals and supervillain threats in more recent decades, Special Group X (GSG-X) was formed to recruit and train a government-backed superhero: Graue Geist ("Grey Ghost").

Karl Haffner is the second man to assume the mantle of Graue Geist and the first to work in close cooperation with the Batman. When Batman Incorporated approached Haffner with the offer to join, he did so only on the condition that he not surrender his ties to his government. GSG-X lets Batman, Inc. keep its secrets and Bruce Wayne allows them to do the same. Graue Geist mostly concerns himself with organized crime, combating various terrorist gangs, which have plagued the country since the 1960s, and/or international traffickers of weapons and drugs... Common street-crime is fairly low in Germany as is supervillain activity, but Graue Geist tackles such problems when they arrive.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Fury, Loki, Batman Inc.)

Postby Batgirl III » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Doctor Fox
DC Universe Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP)

Napoleon Bonapart wrote:I am sometimes a fox and sometimes a lion. The whole secret lies in knowing when to be the one or the other.

ABILITIES
Strength 2 Stamina 2 Agility 5 Dexterity 5
Fighting 8 Intellect 5 Awareness 4 Presence 2

EQUIPMENT ( 25 EP Total)
Costume Protection 2 [ 2 EP ]
Shuriken Damage 1 (Extras: Ranged, Multiattack) [ 3 EP ]

Deep Pockets (Array) [ 20 EP Total ]
Flash-Bang Grenades Affliction 4 (Resist: Fortitude; Hearing and Vision Impaired, Hearing and Vision Disabled, Hearing and Vision Unaware; Extras: Area-Burst; Extra Condition; Ranged) [ 16 EP ]
Flashlight [ 1 EP ]
Lock Release Gun [ 1 EP ]
Multi-Tool [ 1 EP ]
Restraints [ 1 EP ]

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Close Attack (4), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (5), Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Instant Up, Languages (1), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Takedown, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+16), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Criminology] 5 (+10) Expertise [Psychology] 10 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 5 (+10), Insight 11 (+15), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 10 (+15), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 3 (+8), Stealth 7 (+12), Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Treatment 3 (+8)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base
Fortitude: (6) Base 4
Toughness: (8/4/2) Base -
Will: (8) Base 4

ABILITIES [ 66 pp ] + SKILLS [ 46 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 25 pp ] + POWERS [ x pp ] + DEFENSES [ 13 pp ] = 149 PP TOTAL

Background
Renard Malin was an RMCP criminal psychologist (specializing in serial killers) and a respected forensics expert, who adopted the identity of a masked crimefighter after seeing a serial killer he had tracked go free on a technicality and kill again. Doctor Fox is one of Batman Incorporated’s best crime scene investigators and criminal profilers. While no slouch in a fight, prefers to stay out of brawls and tries to avoid violence when possible. _ doesn't see himself as much of a "superhero," and prefers to think of himself as a modern day equivalent to the masked mystermen of the 1930s and `40s. As the Batman of Toronto, is also one of the few active superheroes in Canada.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:16 am

Eradicator
DC Universe (Reign of the Supermen)
Power Level 15 ( 289 PP)

R.E.M. wrote:I am, I am, I am Superman... and I know what's happening.
I am, I am, I am Superman... and I can do anything

ABILITIES
Strength 19 (Lifting 23) Stamina 14 Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Fighting 8 Intellect 4 Awareness 2 Presence 2

POWERS
Kryptonian-like Being (Array) [ 91 PP Total ]
Flight 15 (64,000 MPH) (Extras: Dynamic) [ 31 PP ]
Dynamic Alternate Power: Quickness 15, Speed 15 (64,000 MPH) [ 2 PP]
Invulnerability Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 18, Immunity 10 (Life Support [10]) [ 32 PP ]
Super-Speed Quickness 6 [ 6 PP ]
Super-Strength Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited to Lifting) [ 4 PP ]
Super-Senses Senses 15 (Accute and Extended Hearing; Extended Vision [3], Infravision, Microscopic Vision [4], Ultra-Hearing, Vision Penetrates Concealment [Except Lead]; Mental Detect Energy [1]) [ 16 PP ]

Energy Manipulation (Array) [ 29 PP Total ]
Heat Vision Damage 11 (Extras: Ranged; Accurate [1], Precise, Subtle [2]) [ 26 PP ]
Alternate Power: Plasma Blast Damage 12(Extras: Ranged, Split [2]) [ 1 PP ]
Alternate Power: Blinding Flash Affliction 13 (Resist: Dodge; Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware) (E: Ranged, Cumulative; F: Limited to One Sense) [ 1 PP ]
Alternate Power: Energy Absorption Deflect 11 (E: Reflect, Redirect; F: Limited to Energy); Regeneration 10 (F: Source [energy]) [ 1 PP]

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Equipment (5), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Languages [English; Base: Kryptonian] (1), Power Attack, Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort [Toughness]

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Expertise [Krypton] 8 (+12), Expertise [Science[ 10 (+14), Intimidation 10 (+12) Ranged Combat [Energy Blasts] 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6), Technology 9 (+13)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 8
Parry: (10) Base 2
Fortitude: (15) Base 1
Toughness: (18) Base -
Will: (12) Base 10

COMPLICATIONS
Kryptonite Resistant: Kryptonite is not a Complication for the Eradicator. Eradicator's reaction to Kryptonite is signifigantly less than Superman's. Kryptonite has very little, if any effect on him. Kryptonite possibly affects him the same way it effects humans or non-powered Kryptonians.
Power Loss: Eradicator loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Light sensitivity: Because of Eradicator's enhanced sight, he is forced to wear goggles to block out visible light, without them he is effectively blind.
Responsibility: As "Superman," Eradicator feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Mistaken Identity: Eradicator beleives himself to be the reborn Superman.
Vulnerability: Eradicator is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks (Note: I haven't seen this in canon, but it is so common to all other Kryptonian characters... plus, without the Kryptonite vulnerability, I figure he has to have something!).

ABILITIES [ 106 pp ] + SKILLS [ 30 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 12 pp ] + POWERS [ 120 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 21 pp ] = 289 PP TOTAL

Current Alias: Superman
Aliases: David Conner, The Krypton Man, The Last Son of Krypton,
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 225 lbs.
Eyes: Photocellular
Hair: Black
Race: Originally sentinent device/artifact that has assumed a form similar to Superman's
Identity: Public Identity
Legal Status: Non-Applicable

Background
Reign of the Supermen! was a multi-part storyline published in alternating Superman titles from June-October of 1993. The story followed events that first took place during the Death of Superman storyline, as well as the follow-up story-arc Funeral for a Friend.

The storyline is significant for not only resurrecting the DCU's -- if not all of comic-dom's -- most famous superhero, SUperman, but also because it chronicled the destruction of Coast City at the hands of Mongul and the Cyborg Superman. While this event is only tangentially tied to the Superman mythos, its reverberations had lasting effects which culiminated in the three part Green Lantern story-arc Emerald Twilight.

In addition, Reign of the Supermen! introduced two long-standing superhero characters, John Henry Irons, who would later adapt the code-name Steel, and the new Superboy, who was in fact a partial clone of the original Superman. Both of these characters would go on to star in their own ongoing titles... the two other 'Supermen' introduced were the villainous Cyborg Superman and the Kryptonian artifact come to life, Eradicator.

Eradicator wasn't named as such in the original Reign of the Supermen! tales featuring him. Subtitled The Last Son of Krypton, I remeber reading the first half of this story, and thinking it was obvious that this character would become the "real" Superman, if only because he was the most interesting of the candidates. He represented the violent, dark side of superheroes from the late ’80s/early ’90s and that’s an interesting portrayal of Superman -- and even in `93 it had become a sterotype and I hoped this was going to be a reconstruction of the archetype (not that I could have put it in those terms back then). The central idea of this story was that death changed Superman — he’s sensitive to the light, he embraces his cold Kryptonian heritage, and he’s far more violent and extreme. The biggest change to his powers is an energy that he can project from his hands. He begins as an energy being created/rescued by robots in the Fortress of Solitude and, then, he gains physical form by entering the corpse of Superman, which he recognises as his body. Now, the trajectory of his story is pretty easy to map (but no less interesting): he begins violent and cold and, gradually, works his way back to normal. Simple and yet compelling, and also shows what makes Superman Superman without the endless preaching about killing or excessive violence... allow him to regain his humanity to show just how important Clark Kent and the human aspect of the character is.

:arrow: Eradicator during the Reign of the Supermen! basically has all of Kal-El's powers, plus energy manipulation, and fewer weaknesses. He's also not nearly as skilled or sociable. Seriously, Lois Lane found the Cyborg Superman to be more warm and human. He had an awesome costume though, my personal favorite Superman variant after the Alex Ross design in Kingdom Come. (Although, maybe ditch the goggles...)

Edit 10/21/12: Working through the list of errors kindly supplied by Psistrike.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Eradicator)

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:06 am

Cyborg Superman
Power Level 15 ( 300 PP)

ABILITIES
Strength 19 (Lifting 23) Stamina -- Agility 0 Dexterity 0
Fighting 8 Intellect 4 Awareness 2 Presence 4

POWERS
Cyborg Being Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [ 30 PP ]
Cyborg Being Variable 18 (Kytonian Cybernetic Descriptor; Pool of 90 PP) [ 126 PP ]

Super-Man Mimicry (Array) [ 90 PP Total ]
Flight 15 (64,000 MPH) (Extras: Dynamic) [ 31 PP ]
Dynamic Alternate Power: Quickness 15, Speed 15 (64,000 MPH) [ 2 PP]
Invulnerability Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 18) [ 22 PP ]
Super-Speed Quickness 6 [ 6 PP ]
Super-Strength Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited to Lifting) [ 4 PP ]
Super-Senses 14 (Accute and Extended Hearing; Extended Vision [3], Infravision, Microscopic Vision [4], Ultra-Hearing, Vision Penetrates Concealment [Except Lead]) [ 15 PP ]
• [b]Wrist Blaster Damage 10
(Extras: Ranged) [ 20 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Fearless, Skill Mastery [Technology]

SKILLS
Deception 1 (+5), Expertise [Krypton] 8 (+12), Expertise [Science] 10 (+14), Intimidation 6 (+10) Ranged Combat [Wrist Blaster] 8 (+8), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasuion 1 (+5), Technology 14 (+18)

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 9
Parry: (10) Base 2
Fortitude: Immune
Toughness: (18) Base -
Will: (12) Base 10

COMPLICATIONS
Kryptonite Resistant: Kryptonite is not a Compllication for the Cyborg Superman. Cyborg Superman's reaction to Kryptonite is unknown.
Vulnerability: Eradicator is as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. His Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks (Note: I haven't seen this in canon, but it is so common to all other Kryptonian characters... plus, without the Kryptonite vulnerability, I figure he has to have something!).

ABILITIES [ 92 pp ] + SKILLS [ 28 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 3 pp ] + POWERS [ 156 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 21 pp ] = 300 PP TOTAL

Current Alias: Cyborg Superman
Aliases: Superman, The Man of Tomorrow
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: Variable (6'3" as "Superman")
Weight: Variable (235 lbs. as "Superman")
Eyes: Blue
Race: Non-Applicable
Identity: Secret Identity
Legal Status: Non-Applicable

Background
Reign of the Supermen! was a multi-part storyline published in alternating Superman titles from June-October of 1993. The story followed events that first took place during the Death of Superman storyline, as well as the follow-up story-arc Funeral for a Friend.

At the time of Reign of the Supermen! the Cyborg-Superman creeped us all out by being the most likely candidate to be the real Superman returned (although I was pulling for the Eradicator). First, he was the only one who CLAIMED to be the original and he was starring in the Superman comic itself. He looked like Superman (well, half of him did) and his cybernetic parts were of Kryptonian origin. The fact he was a cold-blooded killer all of a sudden put the lie to that... or was it just a sign of the times? Like I said: Creepy.

I'd have liked to see the meeting where they came up with the idea. They took an obscure character, Hank Henshaw, who was meant to be a Mr. Fantastic analog in a Fantastic Four homage story, and found a way to turn him into Superman. Was it the plan all along? Was his quick return as an insane disembodied "ghost in the machine" meant to prefigure his re-introduction as the "Man of Tomorrow"? Or is he just a beneficiary of someone thinking of him at the right time? In the story, Henshaw's consciousness got a hold of baby Kal-El's rocket and used it to build his robot half, and Superman's genetic residue to make his fleshy half. He even convinced Lois! One endorsement from the White House later, and his career was made. If only he hadn't colluded with Mongul to destroy Coast City. Well, what's one more White House scandal between friends?

:arrow: Yep, he gets slightly more Power Points than Superman or the Eradicator (and a good deal more than Superboy or Steel). He's the bad guy! They cheat.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Eradicator, Cyborg Superman)

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Superboy
Power Level 12 ( 120 PP)

Adventures of Superman #500 wrote:Don't ever call me SUPERBOY!

ABILITIES
Strength 4-12 (Lifting 4-14) Stamina 12 Agility 2 Dexterity 2
Fighting 8 Intellect 0 Awareness 0 Presence 2

POWERS
Tactile Telekinesis (Array) [ 39 PP Total ]
Flight 9 (1,000 MPH) (Extras: Dynamic) [ 19 PP ]
Dynamic Alternate Power: Enhanced Strength 10 (F: Limited to Lifting [2 Ranks]) [ 2 PP ]
Dynamic Alternate Power: Speed 9, Quickness 9 [ 2 PP ]
Invulnerability Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 15 [ 15 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Power Attack, Move-by Action, Taunt

SKILLS
Insight 6 (+6), Perception 8 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+8)

DEFENSE
Dodge (4) Base 2
Parry: (8) Base 0
Fortitude: (12) Base 0
Toughness: (15) Base -
Will: (5) Base 3

COMPLICATIONS

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] + SKILLS [ 13 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 3 pp ] + POWERS [ 39 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 5 pp ] = 115 PP TOTAL

Current Alias: Superboy
Aliases: Superman, The Metropolis Kid
Base of Operations: Metropolis
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Race: Human/Kryptonian Clone
Legal Status: Escapee of Project Cadmus cloning facility

Background

One of the four replacement Supermen from the original Reign of the Supermen! story, and one that we all agreed instantly couldn't be the real one! The mysterious Superboy was the most media-savvy hero to come on the scene since Booster Gold. From the off, upfront about being a clone of the original rather than trying to pass himself off as the real thing, he went on the press tour to establish his credentials. And yet, he still had secrets to keep. He might have been cloned from Superman's DNA, but he didn't quite have Superman's powers. Once outed though, his non-Kryptonian powers would eventually became something only slightly less annoying than Bishop's power. Tactile Telekinesis!? Talk about a power specifically designed for showing off. Not only can you do neat and unusual tricks with it, but it also requires monthly explanations to remind readers of what it is and what it can do... oi. Eventually, DC just flat out gave him Kryptonian powers and made him Superman, Jr.

:arrow: This is not the character he would become. This is the jerk in the New Kids on the Block outfit with the Vanilla Ice haircut and Surfer Boy `tude. This is the 1990s brought to horrible, horrible life. He's got few skills, no training, and is a complete douche.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby luketheduke86 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Batgirl III wrote:He had an awesome costume though, my personal favorite Superman variant after the Alex Ross design in Kingdom Come. (Although, maybe ditch the goggles...)

But then it wouldn't have that cool 90's flair! :wink:

Nice Reign of the Supermen builds Batgirl. I also really enjoyed your original Batman Incorporated characters and your take on the cinematic Avengers is just plain awesome. 8)
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.
luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread(Eradicator, Cyborg, Superboy)

Postby JetstreamGW » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Query on the Buffy builds.

Individual interpretation may vary, of course, but I was under the impression that Slayers and Vampires, in particular, tended to display physical attributes that were flat-out superhuman. Buffy and Faith, for instance, are currently statted at the super high end of the Iron Man weight lifting competitions, but they are at times shown doing things you really would need small industrial lifting devices to pull off.

Stylistic choice?
JetstreamGW
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:25 pm

JetstreamGW wrote:Query on the Buffy builds.

Individual interpretation may vary, of course, but I was under the impression that Slayers and Vampires, in particular, tended to display physical attributes that were flat-out superhuman. Buffy and Faith, for instance, are currently statted at the super high end of the Iron Man weight lifting competitions, but they are at times shown doing things you really would need small industrial lifting devices to pull off.

Stylistic choice?

I'd say a combination of stylistic choice and my best estimation of what I see them do on screen. Obviously, we see the most of Buffy and Angel, but I think Faith makes enough appearances to have a good sense of her as well. The greatest feat of casual strength we see Buffy pull off is casually carrying an I-Beam with one hand the day Xander gets her a job on his crew. I eyeball it to be about 10' in length (Sarah stands a touch over 5'; that I-Beam was about twice as long as she is tall.) According to my various regulatory manuals from my days in construction law, a W18x40 beam at 10' length weighs of 400 lbs. Buffy, Faith, and non-bumpy Angel are all Strength 4, giving an 800 lb. capacity. Extra effort will push that to a 5 for 1,600 lbs!

That's not Spider-Man superhuman, but coming from a tiny frame like the Buffster, it's certainly super.

Incidentally, the licensed RPG from Eden Studios also puts Buffy's casual lifting capacity at 800 lbs. So those guys think the same way I do...
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Batgirl III wrote::arrow: This is not the character he would become. This is the jerk in the New Kids on the Block outfit with the Vanilla Ice haircut and Surfer Boy `tude. This is the 1990s brought to horrible, horrible life. He's got few skills, no training, and is a complete douche.

I still preferred him this way to what he became.

Of course, if they'd let him grow up, become less of a douche, but not retroactively change his "parentage" and his powers, and maybe gotten a costume rather than becoming "I'm a clone of Superman and Luthor and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" guy, that would have been best of all.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Severance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Great builds! Reign of the Supermen was one of my favorite arcs from DC (actually have Steel and Superboy's first appearance issues). I actually remember liking Superboy's costume (minus the jacket). Can't wait to see Steel!
Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Yeah, I sort of lost sympathy for Conner towards the end there... I really enjoyed his run in Superboy and Young Justice. Then the writers decided to derail all of his development from teenaged d-bag to mature and responsible (but still carefree) young adult with... well... a clone saga.

"I have all the powers of Superman, the body of an 18-year old Adonis, and my steady girlfriend is a 17-year old blonde Wonder Woman. Behold my ANGST!"

:roll:
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Steel
Power Level 15 ( 180 PP)

Superman: Man of Steel (Vol 1) #22 wrote:John Henry fought the machine and won. What I'm fightin' is a deadlier kind of machine -- one I helped put in motion. One I'm gonna stop -- even if it kills me.

ABILITIES
Strength 3(15) Stamina 3(6) Agility 0 Dexterity 2
Fighting 4 Intellect 10 Awareness 2 Presence 2

POWERS
Man of Steel Armor (Array; 85 PP Base) (Flaws: Removable [-1 per 5]) [ 68 PP Total ]
Enhanced Durability Protection 10 (Extras: Impervious) [ 20 PP ]
Superhuman Strength Enhanced Strength 12, Enhanced Stamina 3 [ 15 PP ]
Sealed Enviroment Immunity 10 (Life Support) [ 10 PP ]
Computerized Communications and Scanning Array Communication 3 (Radio, Long Range; E: Subtle) [ 15 PP ]
Computerized Communications and Scanning Array Senses 7 (Visual: Analytical [2], Detect Weapons [2], Low Light [1]; Auditory: Radio [1], Ultra-Hearing [1]), Quickness 4 (F: Limited to Mental Tasks), Enhanced Advantage (Assessment) [ 10 PP ]
Jet Boots Flight 8 (60/500 MPH) (Partial Flaw: Distracting [3 Ranks]) [ 13 PP ]
Alternate Power: Jet-Assisted Jump Leaping 8 (1,800') [ 1 PP ]
Alternate Power: Rivet-Gun Damage 4 (E: Ranged, Penetrating [5]) [ 1 PP ]

John Henry's Hammer (Mk.I) ( 7 PP Base) (Flaws: Easily Removable [-2 per 5]) [ 5 PP Total ]
Hammer Swing Damage 5 (Strength-Based; Extras: Imp. Critical [1]) [ 6 PP ]
Alternate Power: Hammer Throw Damage 3 (E: Ranged, Homing [1]; F: Inaccurate [1]) [ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Benefit [Cipher], Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Luck (1), Power Attack, Skill Mastery [Technology], Ultimate Effort [Technology]

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+5), Acrobatics 2 (+2), Close Combat [Hammer] 6 (+10), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise [Business] 2 (+12), Expertise [Military Sciences] 2 (+12), Expertise [Technology] 4 (+14), Expertise [Science] 5 (+15), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 2 (+12), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 4 (+6), Technology 8 (+18), Vehicles 8 (+10)

DEFENSE
Dodge (4) Base 4
Parry: (5) Base 1
Fortitude: (6/3) Base 0
Toughness: (16) Base -
Will: (5) Base 3

COMPLICATIONS

ABILITIES [ 52 pp ] + SKILLS [ 38 pp ] + ADVANTAGES [ 9 pp ] + POWERS [ 73 pp ] + DEFENSES [ 8 pp ] = 180 PP TOTAL

Current Alias: Steel
Aliases: Henry Johnson, The Man of Steel
Base of Operations: Metropolis
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 290 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Bald
Race: Human
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no Criminal Record

Background

John Henry Irons wasn't going to be the "real" Superman, we all knew it and DC didn't try to make us think he would be. The character denied it time and time again, and you know what? In retrospect, if they hadn't brought back Clark it probably should have been John that took his spot. Certainly he was the only member of the four replacements to espouse Superman's values, even if Superboy would eventually come `round. He looked friggin' awesome, had a great "everyman" vibe going thanks to his armor's blue-collar, no-nonsense aramament (a sledgehammer and rivet gun? I'm from Detroit, we like that look in Motown!). To this day, he is considered by most to be one of DC's -- nay comicdom's -- premire heroes of color.

He's kind of been a fading character over the years, his initial run in Superman: The Man of Steel was fantastic, then he was sort of off the radar... He popped back up in the pages of Grant Morrison's JLA, where he basically became the DCU's Tony Stark. His appearences since them have kept him in that role, but he's never really broken out of the B-List. Damn shame... I say we need to put 'The S' back on his chest, Bogdanove's original design for his armor s one of the most awesome bits of power armor in comics.

:arrow: At this stage in his career, Steel has his armor functioning almost at peak capacity, although as the years go on he'll work out a few kinks and develop some new tricks (power stunts!). The biggest improvements come in his hammer, which eventually becomes a true marvel of comic book super-science and in his own experience -- as a rookie, Steel's defenses are terrible. He's tougher than heck, but vulnerable to anything that isn't a direct attack.

Edit 10/21/12: Working through the list of errors kindly supplied by Psistrike.
Last edited by Batgirl III on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Cyborg, Superboy, Steel)

Postby Severance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Great build of John Henry! I totally agree with you that if Supes never came back, John should have taken his spot. I liked the Eradicator's "Dirty Harry" attitude, but Steel just felt like Superman (even saved Lois classic style in one of his first showings!).
Severance
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call