Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

transformers fuel use

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

transformers fuel use

Postby thundermace » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm looking for a good mechanic to track how much fuel a transformer uses in combat and during regular day to day activity. Ideas.
thundermace
Bystander
Bystander

Re: transformers fuel use

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:55 pm

thundermace wrote:I'm looking for a good mechanic to track how much fuel a transformer uses in combat and during regular day to day activity. Ideas.

I think a simple Complication would be fine. I don't know how fast they burn Energon (I guess it depends on the series), but I would think it would only come up rarely and would probably be worth an HP. Maybe:

Disability: Cybertronians must refuel on a regular basis. If deprived of Energon for more than a day, consider them impaired, then disabled and eventually dying if not refueled. Expending large amounts of energy, like combat or functioning in extreme conditions, can cause this occur more quickly.

If you really want to be hardcore, you can make at DC10 or 15 escalating Stamina check or something every hour (or less) or something like that.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby thundermace » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:07 pm

That follows closely to what I was thinking. I like the stamina checks idea, at least for players who don't respect energy limits. I'm considering a table that compares size and exertion to fuel use and fuel capacity. Larger characters use and hold more fuel and so forth. The other option is to play it fast and loose bit players deserve to know when they are getting into trouble. New topic, I'm a big fan of your work, not just the expertise, but the amount of time you sacrifice to generate so many characters. Thanks for the advice and all of your work.
thundermace
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 pm

You're welcome and thanks for the props. I wish I had MORE time to sacrifice for building, but hopefully the coming winter will provide that. Spring, summer and fall all seem to have other activities that keep me doing crazy stuff, like cleaning, yardwork and spending time with my family. Like those things are a "priority". :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Return to Roll Call