Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Halls of the Nephilim

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Halls of the Nephilim

Postby WanderingNephilim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:32 am

Finally decided to start my own thread here on the Roll Call. Keep in mind that I don't have a perfect understanding of the system, so if you have helpful criticisms about the builds, feel free to give them. All of these builds are also put on my blog: http://punverse.blogspot.com/. I thought they might get more views (and hopefully use by others) if I posted them on here.

My Characters:
El Hijo de Lobo Plata

Freedomverse

N.E.R.D.Corps
MC Frontalot aka Spoiler Alert
WarRock aka Adam WarRock
Mikal kHill aka Manphibian
Tribe One aka Dirty South Swamp Thing

Whisper
Last edited by WanderingNephilim on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I've seen angels fall from blinding heights, but you yourself are nothing so divine..."
Chris Cornell - You Know My Name

My Blog: http://punverse.blogspot.com/
WanderingNephilim
Groupie
Groupie

El Hijo de Lobo Plata

Postby WanderingNephilim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 am

While I've ran M&M for years, I've recently been able to play the game on the player's side of the screen. This is my first character.
----------
El Hijo de Lobo Plata (The Son of the Silver Wolf or LP as his friends call him), is the child of a the leader of Los Misteriosos (The Mysterious Ones), an order of lucha libre vigilantes that can trace their existence back to the fall of the Aztec Empire. His father, the original Lobo Plata specialized in hunting supernatural menaces, and his son was trained to do the same. El Hijo de Lobo Plata's life was changed forever when his father was killed by an assassin serving an unknown mastermind. Fearing that LP would be next his uncle, another member of Los Misteriosos, sent him to America. He was told to keep a low profile, until more information about his father's death was discovered.

However, for a brash hero like El Hijo de Lobo Plata, keeping a low profile is easier said than done.

El Hijo de Lobo Plata - PL 10
Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Age 19 Mask Color: Blue and Silver
Battle Cry: "Contra Todo Mal!" ("Against all evil!")

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 8, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 5, Presence 4

Advantages
Assessment, Attractive 2, Chokehold, Defensive Roll 4, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Language (Spanish), Move By Action, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+12), Athletics 6 (+12), Expertise: Mythology 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+10), Perception 4 (+9) Sleight of Hand 5 (+8)

Powers
Stronger Than He Looks (Enhanced Strength 4 - Limited to Lifting,)
Trained By My Father (Damage 4 - Strength Based, Penetrating 4)
Hunter of the Cursed (Feature 1 - Unarmed Attacks treated as Silver weapons)
The Mask, The Man (Feature 2 - Cannot be unmasked unwillingly, while wearing mask cannot be identified as Salvatore)
High Flying Action (Leaping 10)

Offense
Initiative +16
Unarmed +10, Damage DC 25 (Penetrating 4)

Complications
Enemy: El Hijo de Lobo Plata is in the US because his father was murdered. While no one is sure who the culprit was, it is believed that the younger Silver Wolf was is also a target.
Luchadore Code: As a Tecnico, El Hijo de Lobo Plata must always fight with honor. Also, when first encountering a female opponent he will give her a chance to surrender.
Motivation - Doing Good: The son of a famous luche libre hero, El Hijo de Lobo Plata has taken up the mask and fights for the people because he believes it's the right thing to do.

Languages: English, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 10/6, Will 10

Power Points Abilities 78 + Powers 25 + Advantages 21 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 150
Last edited by WanderingNephilim on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've seen angels fall from blinding heights, but you yourself are nothing so divine..."

WanderingNephilim
Groupie
Groupie

Spoiler Alert, N.E.R.D.Corps Leader

Postby WanderingNephilim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 am

I love nerdcore hiphop so I decided to create M&M versions of many of them

-----------
Damien Hess is the birthname of Mc Frontalot, the godfather of nerdcore hip hop. Shortly after his career began Frontalot was caught up in a conflict between Doctor Tomorrow and a rogue time elemental. During the conflict Front was bathed in chronal energy. This unlocked his latent mutant gene and gave him glimpses into potential futures. One of these futures was a horrible world in which man was ruled by the machines of the Foundry. Determined to stop this future from happening Frontalot confided in his fellow nerdcore artists (many of which were metahumans or extremely gifted mundanes). They banded together to form a secret alliance, N.E.R.D.Corps.

Frontalot serves as the unofficial leader of the group.

Spoiler Alert aka Mc Frontalot - PL 8

Quote: “You say I ruin everything for you, well it’s mutual.

Strength 1, Stamina 3, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 8, Awareness 5, Presence 4

AdvantagesEidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Expertise: Music), Improvised Tools, Inventor, Jack-of-all-trades, Skill Mastery 2 (Deception, Expertise: Music)

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+10), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Literature 6 (+14) Expertise: Music 6 (+14), Expertise: Popular Culture 6 (+14), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+9), Technology 6 (+14)

Powers
Spoiler Alert (Senses: Precognition (4) [4 points], Enhanced Dodge (10) [10 points], Enhanced Parry (10) [10 points])
Charisma Potion (Enhanced Presence 10, Fades [10 points)]

OffenseInitiative +2
Unarmed (FrontAlotKnucks) +10, Close Damage 2

Complications
Fame: Mc Frontalot is the godfather of nerdcore hip hop and self-proclaimed “world's 579th greatest rapper.”
Zero Day: Spoiler Alert often receives glimpses of possible outcomes and realities. The most disturbing of these is a potential future in an artificial intelligence leads the machines of the world in a revolt. Stopping this is one of his primary goals in life.

LanguagesEnglish

DefenseDodge 12/2, Parry 12/2, Fortitude 7, Toughness 5 (Ballistic)/3, Will 10

Equipment: Headlamp, FrontAlot Knucks, Multitool, Undercover Shirt

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 34 + Advantages 8 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 126
Last edited by WanderingNephilim on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

WanderingNephilim
Groupie
Groupie

WarRock, Alien Man with the Glam Hand

Postby WanderingNephilim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:57 am

Eugene Ahn always knew he was different. However, it wasn’t until he was in his early 20’s that he learned just how different he was. One night he was visited by Kheshig, former leader of the Stellar Khanate Imperial Guard and personal servant of Queen Khana. Kheshig informed Adam that he was actually part of the royal bloodline and only half human. The alien warrior also taught Eugene how to tap into the Starfire, an ability unique to his bloodline (which he calls his Glam Hand).

Kheshig warned Eugene that one day the Star Khan would send someone for him. He implored the young man to train in the warrior arts and prepare for the eventual confrontation with his cousin’s forces. Gaining a new lease on life, Eugene quit his job at a local law firm and took to the road. He now travels the world testing his skills and thrilling crowds with his seamless blend of independent hip hop and pop cultural sensibility as Adam WarRock.

Image Image
WarRock aka Adam Warrock- PL 8

Quote: “This is the retcon. Adam's back to settle the score. This is the new event back at your comic book store.

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 5, Awareness 5, Presence 4

Advantages
All-Out Attack, Attractive, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Take Down, Uncanny Dodge

SkillsAcrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 2 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+12 ), Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Law 4 (+9), Expertise: Music 6 (+11), Expertise: Popular Culture 6 (+11), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+11), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 4(+8) ,Technology 2 (+7)

PowersGlam Hand (Strike 5, Penetrating 5 Feature: Hands glow when in use [11 points])
Khannate Light Combat Suit (Leaping 2, Protection 5, Removable [5 points])

OffenseInitiative +12
Unarmed +12, Close Damage 8 (Penetrating 5)

ComplicationsEmo: WarRock's emotions often get the better of him.
Enemy: The Star Khan is aware that he and WarRock share the same bloodline. Though he sees him as insignificant for now, the Khan still sees him as a loose end to be tied up.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 9, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 16 + Advantages 12 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + 13 Defenses = 137
Last edited by WanderingNephilim on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

WanderingNephilim
Groupie
Groupie

Tribe One, the Dirty South Swamp Thing

Postby WanderingNephilim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 am

While touring near Freedom City, nerdcore rapper, Tribe One, was kidnapped by the Green Man. The eco terrorist decided to try a new way to spread his message and thought Tribe One would be the perfect "prophet." He infused the rapper with the essence of a nature spirit that had ben trapped beneath the Fens. The infusion transformed Tribe One into the plant creature that would later be known as the Dirty South Swamp Thing (or "DS" to the superhero community). DS fought back against the Green Man and escaped, thanks to the assistance of his friends WarRock and Manphibian.

It took some practice but DS eventually figured out how to transform back into his human form. Being empowered by a spirit, he's also begun studying the occult.

Image Image

The Dirty South Swamp Thing aka Tribe One- PL 8

Quote: “Fulfilling a dream burning candles at both ends. Lights out sly and the family stone henge. These tree roots grew branches that won't bend .

Strength 4, Stamina 6, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Chokehold, Diehard, Favored Environment (Swamp), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative 2, Teamwork, Tracking

Skills
Athletics 8 (+12) Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+10 ), Expertise: Magic 4 (+8), Expertise: Music 6 (+10), Expertise: Popular Culture 6 (+10), Perception 4 (+6), Perception 10 (+13), Stealth 10 (+12) , Treatment 2 (+6), Technology 4 (+8)

Powers
Plant Body (Elongation 2 (30 feet), Imortality 1 (Unreliable), Immunity 3 (Thirst and Starvation, Suffocation - All Half Effects), Protection 5 (Impervious 5), Regeneration 5, Strike 4 {Requires "Move Action" activation to take Plant Body}[18 points])
Talking To Trees (Comprehend 2 (Plants) [4 points])

Offense
Initiative +12
Unarmed +10, Close Damage 8

Complications
Enemy: The Green Man hates DS for spurning his "gift."
Weakness: Firebased attacks ignore DS's Impervious.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 8, Toughness 11 (Impervious 5), Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 59 + Powers 22 + Advantages 7 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + 13 Defenses = 127
Last edited by WanderingNephilim on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

WanderingNephilim
Groupie
Groupie

Manphibian

Postby WanderingNephilim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:14 am

Unlike many of his nerdcore bretheren Mikal kHill doesn't have an elaborate or traumatic origin story. Somewhere long ago, one of his ancestors married a deep one. Generations later the tainted blood manifested in Mikal and gave him amphibian-like powers. Mikal (or Manphibian as he's known among the superhero community) is also different from his fellow members of N.E.R.D.Corps because he's a family man. Due to this reason he tends to fight crime less than the others, but is always willing to leap into action when called upon.

Image Image
Manphibian aka Mikal kHill- PL 8

Quote: “We all do what we gotta do to get by. We still breathing. We never sleeping. We're all living a lie. So get up.

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 3, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, Favored Environment (Underwater), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2, Instant Up, Prone Fighting, Equipment One

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+9 ), Expertise: Music 6 (+10), Expertise: Popular Culture 6 (+10), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+11), Sleight of Hand 10 (+16), Stealth 10(+16)

Powers
Deep One Blood (Extra Limb (Tongue, Reach 3 - 15 Feet), Immunity 1 (Drowing), Leaping 4, Swimming 4 [13 points])

OffenseInitiative +14
Grapple +9
Unarmed +9, Close Damage 2

Complications
Family: Mikal is a family man. He will do whatever it takes to protect them.
Deep One Blood: Mikal's bloodline is tainted. On more than one occassion a "cousin" has tried to coerce him into rejoining the brood.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 5 (Ballistic)/3, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 13 + Advantages 11 + Skills 30 (60 ranks) + 18 Defenses = 132
Last edited by WanderingNephilim on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

WanderingNephilim
Groupie
Groupie

Whisper - Metahuman Medium with a Ghostly Guardian

Postby WanderingNephilim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 am

Dawn Smith was never "normal." From a young age she found herself surrounded by death. Dawn was a medium and spirits often sought her out. This gave her a unique perspective on life and death (and a morbid sense of human). More often than not, she found that she related more to the dead, than the living. That was until she met Jace Williams, a young metahuman writer (and recent graduate of the Claremont Academy). There was something about him that was different. The two quickly became friends and lovers. Their story may have had a happy ending if not for the magic hating Order of St. Henricus and its ally, Hexenhammer. The witch hunters, investigating occult activity in Freedom City, discovered Dawn. They kidnapped her and planned to purify her in "holy" flame. The sacrifice was stopped by Jace, though it cost him his life. Keeping a promise he'd made to Dawn, the young man refused to pass on to the afterlife and chose to stay behind at Dawn's side as a spirit. He now serves as a guardian angel, providing her with a spiritual shield and acting as a tool and weapon in her defense. Dawn adopted the name Whisper and now serves as a supernatural agent of good. She is an friend of Seven and an ally of Adrian Eldritch.

Image Image

Whisper - PL 10
Quote: “I never agreed with that "'til death do us part" thing.

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 1, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 5

Advantages
Attractive 2, Connected, Contacts, Die Hard, Favored Foe (Spirits), Ritualist, Second Chance, Trance, Well-Informed

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6 ), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise: Magic 7 (+10), Insight 5 (+10), Investigation 6 (+9) Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 2 (+7), Ranged Attack: Move Object 10 (+13) , Stealth 4 (+5)

Powers
All My Friends Are Funeral Singers (Comprehend (Spirits) 2, Senses (Danger Sense, Magic Awareness, Spirit Awareness) [7 points])
Say You’ll Haunt Me (Flight 5 [60 MPH](Continuous, Subtle 1),Protection 12, Move Object 4(Damaging, Precise, Subtle) [48 Points])

Offense
Initiative +1
Grapple +0
Unarmed +6, Close Damage 0
Move Object +13, Damage 4

Complications
Distracted: Dawn constantly hears the whispers of spirits, which leads her to often seem distant and distracted.
Enemy: Dawn has a hatred of Hexenhammer and the Order of St. Henricus (which is mutual).
Haunted: While many people say they are haunted by past relationships, Dawn is literally haunted by the ghost of her boyfriend, Jace (who also serves as the source of some of her powers).

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 7, Fortitude 6, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 38, Powers 55, Advantages 10, Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 150

WanderingNephilim
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Roll Call