Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Kenma Dragon's Builds

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Kenma Dragon's Builds

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 am

GOLIATH -Gargoyles
It is the nature of humankind to fear what they do not understand. Their ways are not our ways.

Pl 6 90PP

Abilities: 38
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Dexterity 0
Agility 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: 11 (for non combat skills 3rank/pp)
Acrobatics 3 (+5)
Athletics 5 (+9)
Close Combat 2 (+6)
Expertise (philosophy) 1 (+2)
Insight 6 (+9)
Intimidation 8 (+9)
Perception 6 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+5/4)

Advantages: 5
Ambidexterity
Great Endurance
Improved Grab
Move By Action
Power Attack
Startle

Powers: 22
Breaking the Curse Alternate Form (standard action transform) 13p
--Tail Extra Limbs 1 (prehensile tail) - provides improved grab advantage, off hand limb
--Great Size Growth 2 (+2 Strength, Stamina, Mass)
--Lord of the Skies Flight 4 [flaws: Wings] Movement 2 (wall climbing)
--Gargoyle's Rage Impervious 6 [flaws: Limited (Anger), Noticeable] Penetrating 6 (adds to str damage) [flaws: Limited(Anger), Noticeable]

Gargoyle Eyes Senses 2 (low light vision, dark vision) 2p
Masters of the Night Concealment 4 [flaws: Limited(Shadows/Darkness)] 4p
Ageless Immunity 1 (Aging) 1p
Stone Sleep Regeneration 4 [extras: Persistent; flaws: Petrified(-2)] 2p

Defenses: 14
Toughness 4/6
Dodge 6 (4)
Parry 6 (2)
Fortitude 8/10 (4)
Will 7 (4)

Combat:
Attack +6 melee, +4 ranged
Damage 4/6 unarmed

Abilities 38 + Skills 11 + Advantages 5 + Powers 22 + Defenses 14 = 90 PP

Complications
Motivation:
~Doing Good and Protecting the Innocent Goliath is one of the last gargoyles, and a mighty gargoyle warrior as well. Thus, he has great and steadfast morals and principles, with a staunch sense of right and wrong. He will fight for the right cause, and is loathe to do something that goes against his principles and morals, fighting till the sun rises for what he believes is right. Gargoyles are also protective creatures, among the mightiest of guardians of the world. They are strong and fierce, and will protect their homes at any cost. To protect his castle and his friends is first and foremost on Goliath's mind, but as his sense of justice tugs at him, he extends that protection to innocent lives as well.

~Pride and Honor As a gargoyle warrior, Goliath has a sense of honor that rivals the chivalrous code of the knights after him. He will fight fair, though has some tricks up his sleeves, and is loathe to fight to the death. He will do what it takes to win, but he has the pride of a warrior, and will always maintain that. He would rather fight an army head on rather than use deceit to lure his foe into a trap.

~Stone Sleep When Goliath goes to goes to sleep, he instead turns into a stone statue. Usually, this occurs uncontrollably at sunrise, but with Puck's curse, Goliath can now control when he enters Stone Sleep. However, while Goliath is in his Stone Sleep, he still transforms into a living statue, and cannot move nor interact with the outside world till he wakes up. If Goliath is destroyed in his Stone shape, he is forever dead. (in game terms, this means he has to be damaged so badly that his stone form fails the 4 toughness and fortitude saves)

~Prejudice Goliath is a gargoyle, and despite his popularity with the people of Manhattan, he and his kind are still feared in other parts of the world as monsters. Thus, Goliath is sometimes subject to harsh prejudice and a lack of acceptance when he comes upon strangers in his gargoyle form.

~Enemies Goliath has made many enemies over the years. These include the Demona, his former mate, David Xanatos, trillionare CEO of Xanatos Enterprises and a member of the Illuminati, the Archmage, an ancient mystic, and others.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Magus

Abilities: 32
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Dexterity 2
Agility 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: 19
Deception 8 (+11)
Expertise: Magic 7 (+9)
Insight 6 (+9)
Languages 1 (native, Sylvan)
Perception 8 (+11)
Ranged Combat 3 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+6)

Advantages: 1
Ritualist

Powers: 24
Mystic Senses Senses 1 (magical awareness) 1p
Sorcery Magic 6 19p
BE: Blast 6
AE: Move Object 6
AE: Teleport 6
AE: Illusion 6 (visual)
AE: Concealment 4 (visual) Movement 2 (Permeate)
AE: Nullify 6 (magic)
AE: Dazzle 6 (visual)
AE: Deflect 6 [Reflect]
Wizard Robes Protection 3 Flight 1 [Removable] 4p

Defenses: 14
Toughness 3
Dodge 9 (7p)
Parry 6
Fortitude 3 (3p)
Will 7 (4p)

Combat:
Attack + 4 close, + 6 ranged
Damage 6 Sorcery
Initiative 2

Abilities 32 + Skills 19 + Advantages 1 + Powers 24 + Defenses 14 = 90 PP
Last edited by kenmadragon on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Young Mordenkainen

Abilities: 24
STR 10
DEX 12
CON 10
INT 20
WIS 16
CHA 16

Saves: 16
Toughness 0/12
Fortitude 5 (5p)
Reflex 6 (5p)
Will 9 (6p)

Combat: 32
Attack 8 (16p)
Damage 0 unarmed, Damage 12 magic
Defense 8 (16p)
Initiative 1

Skills: 11
Concentration 12 (+15)
Intimidate 8 (+11)
Knowledge (arcane lore) 8 (+13)
Notice 4 (+7)
Search 4 (+9)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+9)

Feats: 3
Fearless
Ritualist
Trance

Powers: 60
Magic 12 [extras: Wide] 47p
DBE: Blast 12
DAP: Force Field 12 [extras: Impervious]
DAP: Blast 8 [extras: Area(Burst)]
DAP: Snare 12
DAP: Telekinesis 12
DAP: Teleport 9 [feats: Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout, Progression 3 (1,000 lbs)]

Variable 2 (AP/DAP, 4pp/rank) [extras: Action 2] 10p

Super-Senses 3 (magical awareness, acute, extended) 3p

Drawbacks: -8
Power Loss (unable to speak or gesture; Magic)
Power Loss (unable to speak or gesture; Variable)
Distracting(reconfiguration; Variable)

Abilities 24 + Skills 11 + Feats 3 + Powers 60 + Combat 32 + Saves 16 - Drawbacks 8 = 138 PP
Last edited by kenmadragon on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 am

kenmadragon wrote:Young Mordenkainen
Saves: 16
Toughness 0/12
Fortitude 5 (5p)
Reflex 6 (5p)
Will 9 (6p)

For someone operation at PL 10, he has some rather low non-Toughness saves.

kenmadragon wrote:Combat: 32
Attack 8 (16p)
Damage 0 unarmed, Damage 12 magic
Defense 8
Initiative 1 (16p)

I think you mean to have that "16p" on your defense. Also, he has no close-up attacks. You may want to establish some of his attack bonus as Attack Focus (Ranged) or even Attack Specialization (Magic Array).

kenmadragon wrote:....
Powers: 52
Magic 12 [extras: Wide] 48p
BE: Blast 12
AP: Force Field 12 [extras: Impervious]
AP: Blast 11 [feats: Homing, Split Attack]
AP: Blast 8 [extras: Area(Burst)]
AP: Disintegration 6
AP: ESP 8 (auditory and visual)
AP: Healing 12
AP: Illusion 6 (all senses)
AP: Morph 12 (humanoids)
AP: Snare 12
AP: Telekinesis 12
AP: Telepathy 9 [extras: Linked: Comprehend 1 (anyone can understand); feats: Progression 4 (25 subjects)]
AP: Teleport 9 [feats: Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout, Progression 3 (1,000 lbs)]

Wide doesn't do you any good unless you're working with Dynamic powers. It's also not something that most GMs around here really allow, although you may yet find one. Also, if you're including the clarifications in Ultimate Power, Disintegration costs 5 pp/rank due to the built-in Affects Objects. Lastly, having your defense in your offense is generally considered to be a bit of a bad idea. He'll have to drop his Force Field when he blasts, which means he'll be at +0 Toughness every other turn at best.

kenmadragon wrote:Super-Senses 3 (magical awareness, acute, extended) 3p

I don't have my books in front of me, but doesn't Awareness start at Touch range? In which case, you'd have to add Ranged before you add Extended.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:28 am

thanks for the insight, though I was still working on the build, i will make the edits you suggested.
However, I find that my design was built around him being a master of magic, but not of combat, able to use magic from afar, but not from nearby. I am thinking of probably taking out many of his spells, and buying Variable 2 at 4pp/rank, then applying the action modifier. Then, I could get 5 Dynamic effects about every round, and be able to operate with the wide array as well. Thus, I need only the wide magic array and the variable array to allow the character to accomplish great feats of magic. I'm also considering putting the variable array into a device, and working it as a spell book, or talisman of knowledge, or wizard's staff. Also, as far as the Mystic senses go, I believed that the Awareness sense allowed you to detect at a range, with minuses as the range gets further and further. Thus,i picked up range to allow him to sense farther away, and acute so I could make sure I could tell what exactly the sense was picking up.

I have another question though, is the bonus to Attack granted by Attack Specialization limited by series PL in 2e, or is it just the base attack that is limited by the series pl, and extras may go above it? I know it is in 3e, but I can't seem to find the exact answer in my books for 2e.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby Shock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:40 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:I don't have my books in front of me, but doesn't Awareness start at Touch range? In which case, you'd have to add Ranged before you add Extended.

It's Detect that starts at Close range, not Awareness.
Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Building a 3e unseelie sword sage. PL8

Abilities: 2
STR -1
STA -1
DEX 1
AGL 1
FGT 0
INT 0
AWE 0
PRE 1

Skills: 2
Intimidate 4

Advantages:

Powers: 22
Flight 2 [flaws: Wings] 2p
Season's Power (see below) 8p
Protection 8 [extras: Impervious 8; flaws: Limited(lodestone bypasses protection)] 8p
Senses (see below) 4p

Season's Power
Spring
Healing 4
AP: Affliction 4 [extras: Cumulative; flaws: Undead only]

Summer
Immunity 5 (Melee attacks) [flaws: Limited(not against attacks from animal, beast, fey, or magical beast)] Linked: Immunity 5 (ranged attacks) [flaws: Limited(not against attacks from animal, beast, fey, or magical beast)] [both immunity benefit from: Affects Insubstantial 2, Subtle]

Autumn
Nullify 4 [extras: Broad(magic)]

Winter
Weaken 4 [extras: Area(radius), Broad(Defenses), Simultaneous; flaws: Duration (Permanent), Limited(rank can't be higher than PRE)]

Senses
Senses 4 (low light vision, extended 2, acute)
Or
Senses 4 (dark vision, extended, acute)
Or
Senses 8 (penetrates concealment, radius, distance sense, accurate 2) [flaws: Limited(must be touching ground)]
Or
Senses 4 (radius, extended, accurate 2)
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby FuzzyBoots » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 pm

kenmadragon wrote:I am thinking of probably taking out many of his spells, and buying Variable 2 at 4pp/rank, then applying the action modifier. Then, I could get 5 Dynamic effects about every round, and be able to operate with the wide array as well.

{nods} Just be aware that for 4 pp/rank, it has to be very limited indeed. That's basically buying Blast with various Extras, not buying a group of "magic effects". The descriptor is something built in, not something you get a discount for.

kenmadragon wrote:I have another question though, is the bonus to Attack granted by Attack Specialization limited by series PL in 2e, or is it just the base attack that is limited by the series pl, and extras may go above it? I know it is in 3e, but I can't seem to find the exact answer in my books for 2e.

Total attack bonus, including Attack Specialization, Attack Focus, and Accurate, is indeed limited by PL for each attack. It was not in 1E, but in 2E and beyond, it is.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

3E CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Abilities:
STR
STA
AGL
DEX
FGT
INT
AWE
PRE

Skills:

Advantages:

Powers:

Defenses:
Toughness
Dodge
Parry
Fortitude
Will

Combat:
Attack
Damage
Initiative

Abilities + Skills + Advantages + Powers + Defenses = PP
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:04 am

Nemo Ambrose Murdoch

Abilities: 52
STR 0
STA 2
AGL 4
DEX 4
FGT 2
INT 6
AWE 5
PRE 3

Skills: 23
Close Combat 6 (+8)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise: Magic 10 (+16)
Insight 4 (+9)
Investigation 2 (+8)
Perception 5 (+10)
Ranged Combat 4 (+8)
Technology 8 (+14)
Treatment 1 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages: 10
Artificer
Assessment
Beginner's Luck
Eidetic Memory
Improved Aim
Improvised Weapon
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Ritualist
Trance

Powers:
Gate Magic Array 18p
BE: Blast 8 [extras: Multiattack]
AE: Damage 8 [extras: Area(Cone), Selective]
AE: Move Object 8 [extras: Range(Perception)]
Intuitive Dabbling Variable 1 [extras: Action 2] - Magical Descriptor 9p
Pressure Cannon [flaws: Easily Removable] 12p
BE: Damage 8 [extras: Area(Cone)]
AE: Damage 8 [extras: Area(Line)]
AE: Move Object 8 [extras: Area(Cone); flaws: Limited(Moving things away)]
C.O.M.P.U.T.E.R. [flaws: Easily Removable] 9p
Variable 2 [flaws: Limited to Enhanced Knowledge Checks]
Feature 3 (Archives of Esoteric Lore, Artificial Intelligence, Limited to Techen Usage)
Auto-Fire Cannon [extras: Easily Removable] 15p
BE: Blast 8 [extras: Multiattack]
AE: Blast 8 [extras: Range(Perception)]
Techen Goggles [extras: Easily Removable] 3p
Senses 6 (dark vision, magical awareness, ranged, acute, analytical, microscopic sight)
Leg Upgrades 4p
Speed 1
Leaping 2

Defenses:
Toughness 2
Dodge 4
Parry 2
Fortitude 2
Will 5

Combat:
Attack +2 close, +8 ranged
Damage 8 Blast
Initiative 4

Abilities + Skills + Advantages + Powers + Defenses = PP
Last edited by kenmadragon on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Phantom
True Name: Michael Anderson
Race: Homo Magi
Marital Status: He's single ladies!
Base of Operations: ???

Abilities: 40
STR 0
STA 0
AGL 4
DEX 4
FGT 1
INT 5
AWE 3
PRE 3

Skills: 13
Deception 6 (+9)
Expertise (Arcana) 7 (+12)
Investigation 2 (+7)
Languages 1 (English: base; sdrawkcaB hceepS)
Perception 4 (+7)
Ranged Attack 4 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 2 (+6)

Advantages: 3
Attractive
Ritualistic
Trance

Powers: 53
Astral Projection Remote Sensing 8 (visual, auditory) [extras: Subtle 2; physical body defenseless, flaws: Feedback] 19p
AE: Mystic Wards Force Field 10 Mystic Flight Flight 4
Magician's Might* Move Object 8 [feats: Increased Mass 3, Precise, Subtle 2]
Mystic Spells Variable 1 [extras: Action 2] 9p
Mystic Senses Senses 3 (Awareness(magical), Acute, Extended) 3p
*in the Notes section, this is what the Magic refers to. Magician's Might is Phantom's default usage of Magic.

Defenses: 9
Toughness 0/10
Dodge 6 (2p)
Parry 1
Fortitude 3 (3p)
Will 7 (4p)

Combat:
Attack +1 unarmed, +6 ranged
Damage 0 unarmed, 10 Magic (varies)
Initiative 4

Abilities 40 + Skills 13 + Advantages 3 + Powers 53 + Defenses 9 = 118 PP

Complications:

Motivations: Doing Good/Seeking Acceptance ~ Michael Anderson hopes to honor his father's last wishes to be a good person and help those in need. This is why Michael Anderson became the Phantom, and tries to become a hero accepted by other heroes as his mother was. He does all he can to become a part of the Justice League, since it will give him the recognition he desires, but will also allow him to hunt down criminals and bring them to justice as his father told him to in his dying words.

Motivation: Thrills ~ Phantom loves magic, and enjoys using it. He tends to find pleasure in using it to do good, much like Auntie Zatanna does. He is a brilliant occultist, and though not much of a stage magician, his power is growing, and he has the potential to outmatch his mentor Zatanna as well.

Motivation/Quirk: Lives in the Shadows of Greater Mages ~ As a young magician, Phantom, much like his father, hates how the superhero community are more willing to turn to the more powerful mystics, like Dr. Fate, or his Aunt, Zatanna, and when people need some knowledge about the arcane, they would rather travel half way across the world to find one of them, even if Phantom is right down the hall. Phantom hates how people look down on him and up to the other, more powerful mystics, and always seeks to rise to their level and show that he, too, is great.

Responsibility: Being a Good Magician ~ Phantom is a homo magi, and as the son of the (not as) renowned (as his sister) Zachary Zatara, he was raised to do as he pleased, so long as he did not use his gifts for evil or vile purposes. So, Michael lives by these rules, and feels like it is his responsibility to use his magic for the right cause, and though he does have fun with it, he absolutely abhors using it to do something evil. As such, he is reluctant to use dark spells or invoke dark entities in his rituals.

Enemies: The Faust Family and Other Evil Mages ~ Phantom's parents died at the hands of Felix Faust as Phantom was battling his children. To this day, Phantom blames them for their evil deeds and seeks to bring them to eternal justice. Over time, this blame has extended to all who would use the gift of magic for evil intentions, and Phantom feels that he cannot forgive any who use what he considers a blessing to do good for evil purposes.

Quirk: Supernatural Entreaties ~ When using a hero point for extra effort, Phantom can instead call upon a supernatural entity and gain a complication rather than spend a hero point to fuel his extra effort. This generally involved making a promise to do something in return for the power/action/whatever a hero point would normally be use for. Its a bit like returning a favor (Player note: this can also lead to interesting side stories as he 'returns the favor' for the entity, and could create an adventure hook)

Personality:
I picture Phantom as having Roy's inferiority complex (as shown in the Young Justice tv series) in which he desperately wants to prove himself as a worthy hero and become a part of the League. This leads him to try risky things, and disobey orders if people talk down to him, and get really mad with other heroes that treat him like a side-kick. He does have the lackadaisical manner of most homo magi, and tends to use his superb magical capabilities to do the menial things, and though his powers are great, he does not get overconfident. He tries it his all on missions, giving him this sort of dual personality. One is the one he has on missions where he is focused and analytical, and does all he can to get the mission done, and done well. He does what he has to, and then some, and is at times violent and brutal in his methods. On the other hand, when not on a mission or confronting a 'superior', Phantom is lax and a bit care-free, using magic judiciously to have fun and enjoy himself. He is prone to play pranks, still young and green as he is, but makes sure that he isn't caught or doing anything that would hamper his chances at joining the League. He does try to get along with others, but tends to be abrasive with any who demean him or insult him.

Background:

Michael Anderson, son of the news paper editor, Johnny Anderson, grew up a normal boy. That is, until he began to see strange colors and things floating about in the air. It was a weird experience for him, yet it led to his understanding that he was different from other people. When he began to talk to his father about it, his father broke the news to Michael that his family was known to have ties to the occult, and Mr. Anderson was not a homo sapien, but a homo magi. He broke the news to his only son that Michael was not only human, but had the potential to be a a great magician. Though Johnny wasn't able to do more than levitate objects and see magic, Michael soon learned that his father was right, and Michael had much more power than his father ever showed. Michael began to learn from his father about his family's history, and learned of how his lineage extended far back through the reaches of history. Michael learned that his ancestors were Atlanteans, sorcerer kings from before Alantis sank to the bottom of the sea. He learned of King Arion of Atlantis, his ancestor, and his other ancestors, all magicians and warlocks and soreness and alchemists, such as the philospoher Nostradamus, the occultist Alessandro Cagliostro, the alchemists Nicholas Flamel and Evan Fulcanelli and many others.

Though unable to use much magic himself, Johnny Anderson took the time to teach his son the basics of magic and how to concentrate and use backwards speech. Michael never took to sdrawkcab hceeps , he soon found that he could use his spells without needing to concentrate on speaking backwards to work his magic. As he grew older, he took to traveling, and learned much from various occultist a and magicians around the world, even meeting some other homo magi, such as the great Zatara (before his death) and his daughter Zatanna. As he started to learn more about his powers, he was reminded of his father's teachings (who passed away when he was 17).

When Michael Anderson was 17, he embarked on a roadtrip around the world, searching for answers about his mother who died when he was a child. His father never spoke about her, but when he had found a letter from someone named "Faust" on his father's desk, mentioning that something happened 'all those years ago' with Suzanna Anderson, Michael's mother, and Michael began his search for this 'Faust'. He hoped that Faust will have the answers he seeks, and after learning that Faust was a magician who could magically shield himself from Michael's spells, Michael did things the old fashioned way and did things on foot. He scoured the globe, from the deserts of the American South west and Mexico, to the plains of Africa, from the jungles of the amazon, to the depths of Atlantis, from the peaks of the Himalayas, to the streets of Hong Kong.

While Michael was on these travels, he followed the tracks that Felix Faust left, and instead found his children, Sebastian and Fauna, who he learned will villainous mages, and battled them. As he was losing the battle, he learned from Sebastian that Felix Faust was taking advantage of Michael's father's solitude to make a sneak attack upon his former foe, and would kill Michael's father. Michael immediately fled the field of battle and teleported back to New York, where he found his father dying, and Felix Faust standing over him, hands smoking from battle, Michael threw himself at Faust in rage, but Faust laughed, and blew up the building, covering his tracks, and escaping through a teleport gate.

Michael pulled his dying father out of the wreckage to hear his father tell him that his mother was once a hero, and was part of a society of heroes known as the Superfriends, a precursor to the Justice League. Faust had encountered Michael's mother on a mission, and in the ensuing spell duel, destroyed Michael's mother. Distraught with grief, Michael watched his father die, leaving him with a mission to protect the world and uphold all that was good and just in the world. Michael Anderson swore that he would do all that it took to join the Justice League and become the hero his father wanted to be, and his mother died trying to be. And so he took on the persona of the Phantom, a mystic of great power, to fight those that would use evil and villainy, and be the hero that his parents never could.

Note:
It has been brought to my attention, that when using a Variable power, DMs like to know how it would be used, and what sort of configurations it would have. Well, seeing as the Variable power is what keeps the homo magi a homo magi, I might as well share a few spells.
- tcetorp Enhanced Magic (1 AE + four points to array) {Deflect 8 [extras: Reflect, Redirect; feats: Affects Insubstantial 2]}
- raeppa Enhanced Magic (1AE + four points to array) {Create Object 6 [extras: Continuous, Movable; feats: Innate, Precise]}
- latrop Enhanced Magic (1AE + four points to array) {Teleport 3 [extras: Accurate, Easy, Extended, Portal; flaws: Limited to Extended; feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 4, Precise, Turnabout]}
- erans Enhanced Magic (1AE + four points to array) {Snare 6 [extras: Shapeable area; feats: Affects Insubstantial 2]}
- raeppasid Enhanced Remote Sensing (1AE) {Concealment 4 (normal visual, all olfactory), Insubstantial 2} remaining 4 pp from variable allowed for other stuff
- rewsna eht noitseuq Enhanced Magic (1AE + four points to array) {Aflliction 8 (Will resist; entranced, compelled) [extras: Cumulative, Secondary effect; flaws: Limited Degrees; extras: Subtle 2]}
- evom rof em Enhanced Magic (1AE + four points to array) {Move Object 8 [extras: Perception; feats: Subtle 2]}
- snoisulli Enhanced Magic (1AE+ two points to array) {Illusion 8 [extras: Selective]}
- evivrus Enhanced Flight (1AE) {Immunity (Life Support) [Quirk: Environmental Conditions is Half Immunity]}
- dnatsrednu Enhanced Remote Sensing (1AE) {Comprehend 8 (Animals 2, Languages 4, Spirits 2)}
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Well, this is a personal project, in which I am taking a pre-existing build for a Star Wars Sith in 3e, and retroshift it into 2e, and upgrade the PL from 8 to 10. Original 3e PL 8 build is from Task, and the credit for to him for the chasis on which this build was made.

Now, here is my revisions to suit my TT game. I am going to be playing a Sith Apprentice, but with the powers of a Sith Lord (don't ask, the apprentice thing isn't a matter of skill so much as RP problems...) because my GM in the game is janky about it... And because he forced us to choose D&D 3.5 races to base our characters off of, and I chose Tiefling, so there is that too. Whatev's. Here I go.

Abilities: 22
STR 14/18 (+4)
DEX 14/18 (+4)
CON 14/18 (+4)
INT 12/14 (+2)
WIS 14 (+2)
CHA 14 (+2)

Skills: 9
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Bluff 0 (+4)
Climb 4 (+8)
Expertise: The Force 9 (+10)
Intimidate 7 (+9)
Notice 4 (+6) (+28 when Enhanced)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+6)
Stealth 0 (+6)

Feats: 6
Defensive Roll 4
Equipment 2
Improved Initiative
Luck
Uncanny Dodge(mental)

Powers: 66+19
Force Boost 18p
-Enhanced Strength 4
-Enhanced Constitution 4
-Enhanced Dexterity 2
-Enhanced Attack 2
-Leaping 2
-Speed 2
Force Sensitivity 4p
-Enhanced Feats(Improved Initiative, Luck, Uncanny Dodge[mental])
-Super-Senses 1(Force Awareness)
Lightsaber [flaws: Easily Removable] 7p
-Strike 4 [extras: Penetrating; feats: Mighty] Linked: Weaken Toughness 4 [flaws: Objects Only]
Force Abilities (30p Array) 37p
BP: Deflection Deflect 10 [extras: Reflection, Redirection]
AP: Persistent Force Lightning Damage 8 [extras: Area(Line), Selective; feats: Homing 6]
AP: Force Sensing Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); Super-Senses 8 (Precognition, Detect Force[Acute, Extended, Ranged]) Enhanced Notice 22 [Limited: Super-Senses]
AP: Mind Tricks Mind Control 10 [extras: Conscious, Effortless; Flaws: Sense Dependent(hearing)]
AP: Force Blasts Telekinesis 8 [extras: Damaging; feats: Knockback 3, Precise, Subtle 2]
AP: Force Lift Telekinesis 8 [extras: Perception; feats: Throwing Mastery 4, Subtle 2]
AP: Force Whirlwind Move Object 10 [extras: Area(Burst), Knockback 10; flaws: Range(Close)]
AP: Force Rebuke Nullify (Force) [extras: No Save]
Lesser Tiefling Racial Abilities 17p
-Enhanced Dexterity 2
-Enhanced Intelligence 2
-Super-Senses (Dark Vision)
-Enhanced Skills (Bluff 2, Stealth 2)
-Darkness Control 2 (10 ft radius)
-Immunity 10 [feats: Variable(Cold, Electric, Fire); flaws: Limited(halves effects)]

Equipment:
Armored Robes Protection 4
Utility BeltRation Capsules, Comlink, Grappling Hook, Holoprojector, Holomap, Aquata Breather

Saves:
Toughness 8
Fortitude 4
Reflex 4
Will 2

Combat: 36
Attack +12 (20p)
Damage 4 unarmed, 8 Light saber, 8 Force
Defense +12 (16p) (8 w/out Defensive Roll)
Initiative +8

Abilities 22 + Skills 9 + Feats 6 + Powers 83 + Saves 0 + Combat 36 = 158 PP
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:50 am

Personal Dresdenverse Wizard

Abilities: 38
STR 2
STA 4
AGL 2
DEX 2
FGT 3
INT 4
AWE 1
PRE 1

Skills: 21
Athletics 2 (+5)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+12)
Insight 8 (+9)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 8 (+9)
Ranged Combat 4 (+6)
Stealth 5 (+7)

Advantages: 3
Artificer
Equipment 1
Ritualist

Powers: 39p
The Sight: Senses 1 (Mystical Awareness) 1p
True Sight: Senses 4 (Acute, Analytical, Counters Illusion {Vision}) 5p
AE: Soulgaze: Mind Reading 4 [flaws: Sense Dependent(visual)]
Longevity: Immunity 1 (aging) 1p
Regeneration: Regeneration 2 2p
Wizard Spells Variable 1 [extras: Action 2] 9p
Wizard's Might Magic Array (20p array) 21p
Damage 10 [extras: Ranged]
AE: Move Object 9 [feats: Precise, Subtle]

Equipment:
-Under armor: Protection 2 (2ep)
-Apartment: Headquarters [Size: D; Toughness: 8; Features: Defense System, Laboratory, Living Space] (2ep)
-Ritualistic Implements: Quickness 2 [Flaws: Limited to Ritualist & Artificer] note: this merely represents the wealth of knowledge stored here that aids in the ritualistic research and casting. (1ep)

Defenses: 19
Toughness 6
Dodge 10 (8p)
Parry 3
Fortitude 6 (2p)
Will 10 (9p)

Combat:
Attack 3 close, 8 ranged
Damage 2 unarmed, 10 magic damage
Initiative 2

Abilities 38 + Skills 21 + Advantages 3 + Powers 39 + Defenses 19 = 120 PP
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm

On a whim, I decided to make the Dagger of Time (from the Prince of Persia series)

The Dagger of Time
Str Based Damage 2 Enhanced Davantages 7
AE: Movement 2 (Time Travel, backwards) Linked: Regeneration 3 [extras: Persistant]
[flaws: Easily Removable, Limited(Requires Sands of Time)]
Total: 6PP

Yup. 6pp...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Expanded Lightsaber Combat Forms

after having taken a look at Task's work in this thread, I have decided to expand his listed Combat forms, building off of his home-made advantages, and expanding each to their fullest forms. Each should be about 5 PP or so in advantages and possibly powers.

This List will continue to expand as I have the time, and I shall continue to make small edits and changes in detail if I find a better way to approach things.

CLASSIC 7 Lightsaber Forms

SHII-CHO
Shii-Cho
Disarming Slash: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Disarm, Weapon Bind)
AE: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Smash, Weapon Break)
Sarlacc Sweep: Str based Damage 0 [extras: Multiattack 4; drawbacks: Quirk 2(requires Lightsaber)]

MAKASHI
Makashi
Continuous Oppurtunity: Enhanced Advantages 3 (Accurate Attack, Favored Foe(Lightsaber wielders), Second Chance [resisting Disarm])
Makashi Riposte: Str Based Damage 0 [extras: Reaction(when attacked); flaws: Limited(attack must have missed)]

SORESU
Soresu
Enhanced Advantages 2 (Defensive Attack, Improved Defense)
Circle of Shelter: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Interpose [4]) [drawbacks: Quirk 2(requires Lightsaber) ]
Deflecting Slash: Enhanced Advantages (Move-By Action) [drawbacks: Quirk (Requires Deflect Power to be active)]

ATARU
Ataru
Enhanced Advantages (Agile Feint)
Hawk-Bat Swoop: Enhanced Advantages (Accurate Attack, Seize Initiative)
AE: Saber Swarm: Str Based Damage 0 [extras: Multiattack 4; drawbacks: Quirk 2(Requires Lightsaber)]

SHIEN
Shien
Barrier of Blades: Enhanced Advantages (Defensive Attack, Power Attack) [flaw: Limited(reflected blaster-fire)]
Shien Deflection: Enhanced Advantages (Move By Action, Luck 1) Enhanced Speed 1 Enhanced Leaping 1 [Quirk: Must have successfully deflected blaster-fire] -note: Luck 1 should be used to make sure deflections succeed.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call