Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Kenma Dragon's Builds

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Kenma Dragon's Builds

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 am

Hello All.
This is my build thread. Seeing as I am a bit new to the whole 'thread full of builds' thing, I'm probably not going to have this thing formatted well at all. Apologies for that. Any who, enjoy my work, and constructive comments are always welcome!

kenmadragon

Build 1
My version of an infernal derived wizard type. Basic magician. Not very good at social gatherings, and at anything but magic, but can lend aid to any character who needs it. Not good at close quarters, but I'm still working on that. The idea for this build was inspired on a 'son of hell' type hero of a dark d&d game I once played. the Mage would usually travel the realms in search of various things, and his magic comes from his heritage as the son of a witch and the devil Asmodeus.

Jonathan Blackburne, The Warlock
PL: 10
Trade-Offs: +2 Damage, -2 Attack

Abilities: (0+6+2+8+2+4=22PP)
STR 10
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 18
WIS 12
CHA 14

Saves: (6+6+9=21PP)
Fort +7 (6pp)
Ref +9 (6pp)
Will +10 (9pp)

Combat: (8+8 = 16PP)
Tough: +1 (+15 w/Force field)
Attack: +4 (8pp) (+12 with magical attacks)
Defense: +6 (8PP) [+4 base, +2 Dodge Focus]
Grapple: +4
Init: +3

Skills: 19PP
Concentration 15 (+16)
Intimidate 9 (+11)
Knowledge [Arcane] 15 (+19)
Knowledge [Theology&Philosophy] 5 (+9)
Language 2 (English [N], French, Latin)
Notice 8 (+9)
Search 10 (+14)
Sense Motive 12 (+13)

Feats: 11PP
Dodge Focus 2
Attack Specialization 4 (Magic)
Luck 3
Ritualist
Trance

Powers:
Mystic Hellfire
Magic Array
Rank 14
Effect: Array
Action: Standard (active)
Range: Ranged
Duration: Perception
Extras: Alternate Powers 7
Flaws: Limited -effects halved (works as Rank 7 array) when in running water or catching something made of pure silver
Cost: 18PP
Bolt of Mystic Hellfire Blast Rank 12 [Hellfire Magic; Power Feats: Accurate 2, Affects Insubstantial, Split Attack] - Base power
~Demon's Grasp Snare Rank 14
~Blink of Mystic Flame Teleport Rank 14 [60 miles standard. 2 billion miles extended]
~Mystic Dispel Nullify Rank 14 [dispels all magical effects on a specified person/object up to 140 feet away]
~Mystic Hands Telekinesis Rank 13 [Power Feats: Precise, Subtle] [Move Object at range with effective Str 65]

Mystic Flight
Flight
Rank 3
Effect: Movement
Action: Move (active)
Range: Personal
Duration: Sustained
Cost: 6PP

Mystic Wards
Force Field
Rank 14
Effect: Protection
Action: Free (active)
Extras: Impervious 10, Power Feat: AP
Flaws: Limited (location) effects halved under same conditions as the mystic hellfire array
Cost: 13PP
~Spectral Form Insubstantial 4

Lore Ring of the Forever Mage
Device
Rank 2
Effect: Variable Power(rank 2, 4/rank), Power Feat: Action 2
Flaws: Check Required (Knowledge [arcane]) DC12
Action: Free
Cost: 6 PP

Son of Hell
Immortality
Rank 1
Effect: Immunity, Regeneration [Immune: aging, disease, poison] [effective Regeneration 1(resurrection), Extra:[True Resurrection]
Action: None (passive)
Duration: Permanent
Cost: 5PP

Mystical/Magical Awareness
Super-Senses (Detect Magic)
Rank 5
Effect: Sensory [mental; Acute, radius, ranged, extended]
Range: 5,000 ft radius
Cost: 5PP

Drawbacks: Power Loss (Magic, Flight and Force Field; when unable to speak or gesture to cast spells, common, moderate, -3pp)
Total: Abilities 22 + Saves 21 + Combat 16 + Skills 19 + Feats 11 + Powers 53 - Drawbacks 3 = PP
Last edited by kenmadragon on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 14 times in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Kenma Dragon's Builds

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 am

kenmadragon wrote:Hi all. I'm new to the forums, and decided that I might as well start posting here some builds I have been thinking up. The one currently below is a work in progress, so until I finish, please be nice in comments! O and these will pretty much all be 2e since I don't have the 3e rule set. Thanks!
kenmadragon

Welcome.

kenmadragon wrote:Jonathan Blackburne, The Warlock
Abilities: (0+6+2+6+2+6=22PP)
STR 10
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 18
WIS 12
CHA 14

A fairly well-rounded set of abilities, but we see what he's good at. You may want to note what PL you're building him for. I'll comment on that later.

kenmadragon wrote:Saves: (6+6+9=21PP)
Fort +7 (6pp)
Ref +9 (6pp)
Will +10 (9pp)

Again, fairly well-rounded. A general rule of thumb (based off of the Freedom City character and the archetypes) is for exotic saves to average around (PL-2). You fit within there, assuming PL 10.

kenmadragon wrote:Combat: (8+16=24PP)
Tough: 1 (15 w/Force field)
Attack: 5 (8pp) (7 w/ ranged) (9 w/ magic, 11 w/ranged magic)
Defense: 13 (16pp, Dodge focus 2), 8 flat-footed
Grapple: 1
Init: 3

I think that you're getting some influence from D&D, 1E M&M, or 3E M&M here. In 2E, ability scores don't add to your attack or defense. 8 pp of Attack nets you a +4 for both. To get points in just melee or ranged, use the Attack Focus feat. Similarly, 16 pp gets you 8 ranks of base defense, then the 2 ranks of Dodge Focus in your feats makes it +10 defense (+4 when flatfooted). Quick pro-tip, having a +7 base defense and one rank of Dodge Focus gives you the same flat-footed value as +8 base defense and no Dodge Focus due to how the rounding works.

Your grapple bonus will stem from your unarmed attack bonus plus your strength, which is currently +4 with points spent.

kenmadragon wrote:Skills: 19PP
Concentration 15
Intimidate 9
Knowledge [Arcane] 15
Knowledge [Theology&Philosophy] 5
Language 2 (English [N], French, Latin)
Notice 8
Search 10
Sense Motive 12

Overall, good. The general method on the boards is to list the base ranks and then the bonus (e.g. Intimidate 9 (+11)) just for quick reference purposes.

kenmadragon wrote:Feats: 9PP
Dodge Focus 2
Attack Specialization 2 (Magic)
Luck 3
Ritualist
Trance

Overall, good. Within my own game, I might ask why he's got so many ranks of luck, but that varies among GMs.

kenmadragon wrote:Powers:
Mystic Hellfire
Magic Array
Rank 14
Effect: Array
Action: Standard (active)
Range: Ranged
Duration: Perception
Extras: Alternate Powers 7
Flaws: Limited (location)-effects halved when on either: a) planes of existence not aligned with magic, b) planes of existence aligned with good. Note that the material plane is an exception to these rules
Cost: 21PP

The way Flaws on arrays are indicated in the books is slightly confusing. In general, only apply a Flaw to the Array if it applies to the Array itself (and many on the boards have the opinion that there are very few Flaws that apply directly there). In addition, the general rule on Flaws is that they should half the utility of the power in general use. Here, you only have half ranks, and the Flaw doesn't even apply on the Prime Material plane, which is probably where 90% of your adventures are. I'd call it a 1 pp Power Loss myself. Quick note, the math works out the same if you apply feats or drawbacks directly to arrays or to the powers, so shorthand there for feats or drawbacks that apply to all powers therein is more valid than Extras and Flaws.

So your Rank 14 Array should come out to about 34 pp (14 * 2 - 1 + 7 if you do the Power Loss suggested above)

kenmadragon wrote:Bolt of Mystic Hellfire Blast Rank 14 [Hellfire Magic] - Base power
~Demon's Watching Eyes ESP Rank 7 [200 miles; visual and auditory senses, Extras: Duration - Sustained]
~Demon's Grasp Snare Rank 14
~Blink of Mystic Flame Teleport Rank 14 [60 miles standard. 2 billion miles extended]
~Satan's Shadows Concealment Rank 14 [total concealment versus all senses, except touch]
~Mystic Dispel Nullify Rank 14 [dispels all magical effects on a specified person/object up to 140 feet away]
~Mystic Hands Telekinesis Rank 13 [Power Feats: Precise, Subtle] [Move Object at range with effective Str 65]
~Gentle Flames Healing Rank 14

Concealment only goes up to 10 ranks, but otherwise this is overall alright.

kenmadragon wrote:....
Mystic Wards
Force Field 14
Extras: Impervious 10, Power Feat: AP
Flaws: Limited (location) effects halved in same locations as the mystic hellfire array
Cost: 13PP
~Spectral Form Insubstantial 4

As noted above, your Limit isn't much of a limit. Assuming the same Power Loss as above, it should cost ((1 + 1) * 14 - 1 [power loss] + 1 [AP]) = 28 pp. Also, Insubstantial normally costs 20 pp, so what you have above doesn't work mathematically unless your GM wants to argue that he only goes to Insubstantial 2 when in those strange planes.

kenmadragon wrote:....
Mystical/Magical Awareness
Super-Senses
Rank 4
Effect: Sensory [mental; Acute, radius, ranged, extended]
Range: 5,000 ft radius
Cost: 4PP

:) I think you intended to buy either Awareness (Magic) or Detect (Magic) as the base effect [Awareness lets you detect people using powers of that descriptor and starts as ranged. Detect lets you detect anything of that type and starts at Touch range], whereupon you can start applying the above modifiers. The range is effectively endless other than the -1 penalty per 10 feet (per 100 feet due to Extended)

Overall, it's a good start. One other thing to consider is PL. You have Rank 14 effects, which at PL 10, limits you to a +6 attack bonus (or vice versa). Similarly, your Toughness score of +15 limits you to +5 for your defense bonus at PL 10. Since you don't have your PL listed, I don't know if you're PL 10 and over your limits or PL > 10 and undercapped on exotic saves and skills (since it looks like you have two set at the +15 maximum ranks for PL 10).
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks for the reply FuzzyBoots! 1) thanks for all your tips and for notifying me of those differences, and 2) I did say it was a Work In Progress build, but thanks anyways for the post. I'll set right to working on those problems. As you guessed, the character design was originally from a modded D&D game I used to play, and I guess I'm still trying to transition to the M&M system. And yes, the build was designed to be PL 10. sorry for the confusion.
I think that you're getting some influence from D&D, 1E M&M, or 3E M&M here. In 2E, ability scores don't add to your attack or defense. 8 pp of Attack nets you a +4 for both. To get points in just melee or ranged, use the Attack Focus feat. Similarly, 16 pp gets you 8 ranks of base defense, then the 2 ranks of Dodge Focus in your feats makes it +10 defense (+4 when flatfooted).
Thanks for the tip. I guess I got used to adding ability scores to everything from years of D&D. :lol: though i do have to wonder if the modifiers are added to saves like will and reflex...
Within my own game, I might ask why he's got so many ranks of luck, but that varies among GMs.
I believe the phrase I used to hear was "He's got the luck of the Devil" :mrgreen: which makes sense given the character design.

As to your comments about the usage of the flaws on the array powers. Yes, I am aware that applying the flaw to the entire array affects the entire array. And I do understand the reasoning behind why the flaws should be such. Yet, I find that the character would definitely requires some such actual flaw which truly hampers spellcasting that deserves to be a flaw. Personally, I have been looking through some of the books that i do have about the magic power, and came up with changing the limitation to whenever he is in running water, or perhaps wounded by silver. Something common that afflicts otherwordly beings in their usage of magic, that could affect this mystic. I have been thinking about the Distraction flaw, but I am currently hesistant to use it as it shows a rather stereotypical mage who never thinks about protecting spells as he casts, and I would rather not. I figured the character to be the veteran of many magical battles, and the distracting flaw would not suit the idea i have in mind. So, would the Half Power Magic when in running water(naturally running, not some kind of wave spell, cuz the mystic is well-versed in magic) be ok, or the Half power if injured by silver? Another interesting option might be the Full Power flaw, where he cannot control the extent of much of his power, such that he is forced to always blast at full power, and cannot pull back 'punches'(for lack of a better term of course. so master of magic would ever need to resort to fisticuffs).

as the to number of Alternate powers I currently have listed, I am considering lowering that number to 3-4, and instead using the power points to invest in a Device (spell-book, or magic ring) and Equipment(a Sword and a HQ[The Secret Sanctum]).

I think you intended to buy either Awareness (Magic) or Detect (Magic) as the base effect [Awareness lets you detect people using powers of that descriptor and starts as ranged. Detect lets you detect anything of that type and starts at Touch range], whereupon you can start applying the above modifiers. The range is effectively endless other than the -1 penalty per 10 feet (per 100 feet due to Extended)
Thanks for the catch, I'll be sure to edit that.

One other thing to consider is PL. You have Rank 14 effects, which at PL 10, limits you to a +6 attack bonus (or vice versa). Similarly, your Toughness score of +15 limits you to +5 for your defense bonus at PL 10. Since you don't have your PL listed, I don't know if you're PL 10 and over your limits or PL > 10 and undercapped on exotic saves and skills (since it looks like you have two set at the +15 maximum ranks for PL 10).
Really? that 15 in toughness was due to the +1 modifier in Constitution and the +14 that comes from the Force Field Power. So I don't really have any ranks in toughness other than the natural modifier. The Force Field needs to be activated, so I didn't feel the need to have the trade off. The attack/damage trade off is spot on, though i did not know it was limited to your total attack bonus, which sounds rather bogus. I thought that the Power Level limits only applied to the base effect cost on the attack bonus, and things like attack focus could by pass that. It seems silly for a superhero who has super strength to apply their massive strength to lift and throw massive tanks to have a limit of 10 to their attack bonus...
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:18 am

kenmadragon wrote:Thanks for the tip. I guess I got used to adding ability scores to everything from years of D&D. :lol: though i do have to wonder if the modifiers are added to saves like will and reflex...

Indeed, your Dexterity score still adds to Initiative and Reflex save. Your Wisdom score still adds to your Wisdom save. Your Constitution score still adds to Fortitude and Toughness. Strength will add to damage, but only on attacks with the Mighty feat.

kenmadragon wrote:As to your comments about the usage of the flaws on the array powers. Yes, I am aware that applying the flaw to the entire array affects the entire array. And I do understand the reasoning behind why the flaws should be such. Yet, I find that the character would definitely requires some such actual flaw which truly hampers spellcasting that deserves to be a flaw. Personally, I have been looking through some of the books that i do have about the magic power, and came up with changing the limitation to whenever he is in running water, or perhaps wounded by silver. Something common that afflicts otherwordly beings in their usage of magic, that could affect this mystic. I have been thinking about the Distraction flaw, but I am currently hesistant to use it as it shows a rather stereotypical mage who never thinks about protecting spells as he casts, and I would rather not. I figured the character to be the veteran of many magical battles, and the distracting flaw would not suit the idea i have in mind. So, would the Half Power Magic when in running water(naturally running, not some kind of wave spell, cuz the mystic is well-versed in magic) be ok, or the Half power if injured by silver? Another interesting option might be the Full Power flaw, where he cannot control the extent of much of his power, such that he is forced to always blast at full power, and cannot pull back 'punches'(for lack of a better term of course. so master of magic would ever need to resort to fisticuffs).

Full Power is a 1 pp Drawback because there's a limited number of cases where a person needs to "pull their blow" in the game. As regards the proposed flaws, I generally advise going back to that first maxim. Is this likely to cut his utility in half overall? Half power part of the time seems like it doesn't really impose much of a hindrance at all. If you look at the example flaws, they tend to be things like "Can only perform this attack against women" or "Protection is only valid against physical damage". If you're fixed on the idea of half ranks, consider only applying the Flaw to half of your ranks (it's always the upper half, of course :) ). Ultimately, the game is pretty self-balancing in that if you provide something which doesn't normally happen at least half of the time, the GM simply adjust the world to ensure that it does. You might find that the world is constantly raining and thereby flooding.

kenmadragon wrote:as the to number of Alternate powers I currently have listed, I am considering lowering that number to 3-4, and instead using the power points to invest in a Device (spell-book, or magic ring) and Equipment(a Sword and a HQ[The Secret Sanctum]).

The number of APs is always something to consider. APs are very powerful, but always remember that you can get the benefit of one through Extra Effort (optionally using a Hero Point to remove the fatigue).

kenmadragon wrote:Really? that 15 in toughness was due to the +1 modifier in Constitution and the +14 that comes from the Force Field Power. So I don't really have any ranks in toughness other than the natural modifier. The Force Field needs to be activated, so I didn't feel the need to have the trade off. The attack/damage trade off is spot on, though i did not know it was limited to your total attack bonus, which sounds rather bogus. I thought that the Power Level limits only applied to the base effect cost on the attack bonus, and things like attack focus could by pass that. It seems silly for a superhero who has super strength to apply their massive strength to lift and throw massive tanks to have a limit of 10 to their attack bonus...

It's part of how the game balances things out. Two PL 10 opponents should be evenly matched whether it's two giant grapplers or it's Batman versus The Flash. The system isn't perfect — Elric has an excellent treatise on the math of opponents of different tradeoffs and the odds of their victory — but it does provide some degree of equality. 1E didn't have this, with only the base levels being limited by PL, and correspondingly, characters were all over the place.

Speaking of Elric, he has a thread pinned at the top of the 2E Rules forum with an index of ORQ answers and helpful guides. I highly recommend it, especially for beginners.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenmadragon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 am

Intruiguing. I think I'll go through the math myself, and see what I can do with it. Perhaps I can keep my normal ranks in the magic array the same, then apply a half-power flaw to the array for "when in naturally running water". Then I could keep the same ranks in the array, but just lower my Blast power to 12 and tack on some power feats for it. Theoretically, it should still be as affective, but I could use the power feats I gain from freeing up points in the effect to allow the blast to become Accurate.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:36 am

I have just discovered the SRD site for M&M 3e so I can actually learn 3e. I have started reading through the SRD site, and have gotten some build ideas already. Enjoy!

THE SWORDSMAN

PL 8 ( 120 PP/ 120 PP)

Abilities: 58
Strength 6
Stamina 6
Agility 4
Dexterity 0
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 3

Defenses:
Toughness 6
Dodge 4
Fortitude 6
Parry 8
Will 2

Initiative 8

Skills: 22
Acrobatics 6
Athletics 6
Close Combat 5
Insight 4
Intimidation 2
Perception 7
Sleight of Hand 4
Stealth 8
Treatment 2

Advantages: 11
Accurate Attack
Defensive Attack
Equipment 1
Improved Critical (unarmed)
Improved Disarm
Improved Initiative 1
Improved Smash
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Power Attack
Startle

Powers:
Energy Control 10 (cosmic/ki) [power feats: DAE 3] 25 PP
Blast 10 - ki blast - base power
-Protection 18 [extras: Impervious 9; flaws: Sustained; power feats: AE 2] - dynamic - Field of Absolute Defense
-- Deflect 9 [extras: Impervious 9] - Reflecting Hands
-- Concealement 8 (all visual, all auditory; can still be detected by olfactory and tactile senses)
-Affliction rank 8 [extras: Progressive; Power Feats: AE 4] - dynamic - ki disruption
-- Strike 8 (strength based) [extras: Multiattack] - focused ki strike
-- Weaken 8 [extras: Broad] - ki siphoning
-- Blast 8 [extras: Cone; flaws: increased action(full round)] - ki wave
-- Healing 8 - ki rejuvenation
-Movement 15 (Safe Fall) [flaws: Side Effect; power feats: AE 5] dynamic - Heaven's descent
-- Movement 15 (Sure Footed) - Swift Wind Steps
-- Movement 15 (Wall Crawling) - Climb of the Leaping Monkey
-- Movement 15 (Water Walking) - Dance of the lotus petals
-- Teleport 15 - Phase Steps
-- Leaping 15 [extras: Reach] - Leap of heavens

Super-senses 4 (Danger Sense, Low light vision, Awareness[ ki ]) 4PP

Equipment 1
- Sword (Damage 3, slashing, Str based) 19-20 crit Cost 3
- Knife (Damage 1, piercing, str based) 19-20 crit cost 2

Combat:
Unarmed +14 Close, Damage 6, Crit 19-20
Ki Strike(unarmed) +22 Close, Damage 14, Crit 19-20
Ki Blast +10 Ranged, Damage 10, Crit 20
Sword +17 Close, Damage 9, Crit 19-20
Ki Strike(sword) +25 Close, Damage 17, Crit 19-20
Knife +15 Close, Damage 7, Crit 29-20
Ki Strike(knife) +17 Close, Damage 15
Ki Wave +8 Cone, Damage 8, Crit 20

Power Points: 58 Combat + 22 Skills + 11 Advantages + 29 Powers = 120 PP
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 pm

A build I was working on for one of the games on this site. 2e martial artist.

Disciple of the Nexus Fist

PL 8

Abilities: 32
Strength 16 (+3)
Dexterity 20 (+5)
Constitution 16 (+3)
Intelligence 12 (+1)
Wisdom 18 (+1)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Saves: 13
Toughness 3 (+5 Protection, Impervious 8)
Fortitude 8 (5 PP)
Reflex 13 (8 PP)
Will 4

Combat: 16
Attack 4 (8 PP) (+8 with Attack Specialization)
Defense 4 (8 PP) (+8 Dodge focus)
Grapple 7
Initiative 3

Feats: 17
Attack Specialization(ki strikes) 2
Defensive Attack
Dodge Focus 4
Improved Block
Improved Critical
Improved Sunder
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Luck 2
Power Attack
Startle
Uncanny Dodge

Skills: 11
Acrobatics 10 (+15)
Concentration 8 (+13)
Escape Artist 8 (+13)
Intimidate 8 (+8)
Medicine 2 (+5)
Notice 8 (+13)
Stealth 9 (+14)

Powers: 36
Strike 8 [Mighty, Split Attack 2, Incurable, Homing, Subtle 2, Reversible] 21 PP Focused Ki Strikes
AP: Paralyze 8 Quivering Palm
AP: Strike 8 [extras: Area(Shapeable)] Strikes of the Gods
AP: Death Touch 8 [extras: Slow Fade] Touch of the Lost Soul
AP: Trip 8 [extras: Knock back] Sweeping Legs
Super-Movement 4 (Wall-Crawling 2, Slow Fall, Water Walking) 9 PP Heavenly Steps
AP: Leaping 4 [Immunity 4 (falling damage)] Leap of Heavens
Super Senses 1 (Danger Sense) 1PP Sense of Killing Intent
Deflect 9 [flaws: Limited(physical), Limited(melee)] 5PP Zone of Absolute Defense
AP: Protection 2 [extras: Impervious 8; flaws: Limited(physical), Check Required(Concentration DC12); feats: Accurate Attack, Elusive Target, Instant Up, Move-by-Attack, Take Down Attack] Linked Powers: Speed 1, Emotion Control 6 (fear) [flaws: Limited to Fear; Sense Dependent, Uncontrollable] I Am Become Death
AP: Reflection Field 3 [flaws: Limited(physical), Limited (melee)] Redirecting Palms

Power Cost: 32 Abilities + 13 Saves + 16 Combat + 17 Feats + 11 Skills + 36 Powers = 125 PP

Personality:
Shankar is a bit of a conundrum. He does not deal with authority figures too well, sometimes getting into minor spats with adults if he finds they did something wrong. He has a rather strange moral code, which is a lot like many others, but his sense of justice is a bit strange. Suffice to say that when something reprehensible is going down before him, he usually tries to stop it. Yet that doesn't mean he is suicidal, and is likely to turn and get help if he thinks he is out matched. He finds politicians and most government agencies to be corrupt bureaucratic liars, and has trouble maintaining his temper when people talk down to him. On the other hand, he shows obedience to Laoshi and others that are considered Masters in the martial arts world, and to trustworthy adults who suit his moral code, like his older sister. He is generally rather cocky, but never arrogant, never fully one thing or another, as his training with Laoshi tempered his emotions to find a sort of balance between the extremes. While this neutrality seems to be present at most times, it can get jumbled up at times, and Shankar is prone to be both enraged and sorrowful at the same time, which is a confusing state to be in as a teenager. Shankar is seen to be wiser than his ears suggest, and his encounters with death during his training with Laoshi have shown him the inevitability of death, and the preciousness of life. So, despite the fact that his art can kill men with a single blow, Shankar is reluctant to kill, whether it be because of his moral code, his religious beliefs, or his upbringing and training. Shankars upbringing as a Hindu also led to his usage of prayers and Vedic mantras before entering combat, praying to the gods, especially his namesake, Shiva, for their blessings and protection. He picked this up from Laoshi, whose father was also a Hindu, and used prayer as a method of focus and call for the gods to watch over them.

Backstory:
In the world of martial arts, few have the tenacity or courage to master their inner selves. It takes a certain degree of raw talent and inborn ability to draw upon the energies of life. Few who see the road it leads to step down the path, for learning to harness life is to court death. For all who step down that path in search for enlightenment die trying to harness the power, or go mad attempting to take it for themselves. The power within each person is so great that every generation, Fate decides to play cruel tricks on humanity, by selecting one person from each generation, and gifting them the ability to draw out their inner power. Whether it is simply a gift from the gods, or the next surge in human evolution, or simply random chance, the ability to harness inner forces is wild and uncharted. Fate is surely creul if such a person is raised unaware of their abilities, and as a person from the most unlikeliest of places.

Shankar was born in the suburbs of New York, first son to a couple who had recently immigrated from India. This is not to say he was the oldest of his siblings, for he had an older sister, but that's beside the point. Growing up in the suburbs of New York was good for Shankar, and with a family of devout Hindus, Shankar did not lose out on much of his cultural heritage. He was a nice kid, and as a child he had this sort of gleam in his eyes, that made many adults think of him as smart and intelligent. Well Shankar was bright, but not incredibly so, for as the child grew to become a boy, people began to see him not as an intellectual as his father was, but as incredibly aware and insightful. His friends always seemed to look up to him, not only because he was great at sports, but also because he always knew what to do. Which was incredibly odd for the suburbs of New York where Indians are a minority, but nevertheless, Shankar grew to become a popular boy.

It was around the first grade that hips parents decided that it would be good for their kids to learn karate or some form of martial art. His mother thought it would be good exercise and fun, and his father thought it would build discipline in his children. So Shankar and his siblings were enrolled in karate classes, a style known as Tang Soo Do, a type of Korean based karate. It was then that people began to notice something strange. In karate, Shankar excelled, and flourished, gaining the discipline of a martial artist and was incredibly gifted in the art. Though he was a generally normal boy, when he was practicing martial arts, his form was that of a toned master, and his agility and power were beyond that of normal children. In no time, Shankar became a back belt, and began to learn more complicated and versatile forms. However Fate decided to play its cruel tricks once more, and as Shankar was graduating from elementary school, his father decided that it was in the best interest for the financial security of his family to relocate to California. Shankar had to stop practicing martial arts, and for a year, his finely honed form began to tarnish.

A year passed before Shankar came back into touch with his martial arts. He was going out into the woods with a few of his new friends, without parental permission, for his removal from martial arts allowed his discipline to waver, and his grades were already slipping, so he was paying academics no attention. His parents were worried about it, but he was beginning to pay them no heed. Well, he was in the woods, traversing the rough landscape with a coupe of friends, when one of them thought they heard a gunshot in the distance. The group rushed in the direction of the noise, and found themselves an odd sight. In the California wilderness, there were several large men, holding guns and, strangely, swords and spears and other archaic weapons, surrounding a solitary old man. The old man seemed to be bent its age, leaning on a short stick with a long beard and hair of white, and seemed to be some sort of Oriental, or West Asian. The other boys creeped closer, trying to hear what the men were about to say, and get a better look. Shankar on the other hand went closer t see what he could do to help the old man. As the boys found a rather hidden spot, the action began as one of the gunmen pulled the trigger, and began to fire at the old man. To Shankar's surprise, the bullets never touched the old man, and in the next moment, saw the old man sweep his legs to topple the gun man, then strike swifter than a cobra at the man's open throat. The other men with guns began to fire as the people with swords and spears and axes and other weapons swarmed on the old man. Th boys watched in shock as the old man decimated the group in a matter of seconds, blasting the men to with his bare hands, moving faster than and striking stronger than any of the 'masters' Shankar had met as a martial artist on the East Coast. When the battle - or slaughter - was done, the old man began to heave a sigh, and act like an old man once more. The old man picked up his stick, and began to hobble through the woods. Then, he stopped, and turned his head slightly, such that the boys could see his eyes glaring dangerously, staring directly at them, as if peering into their very souls. The other boys turned and fled. Shankar stayed, his eyes fixed on the scene, replaying it over and over in his mind. The old man turned and left.

Shankar left for the woods the next day, and found his way to the spot where the battle had occurred. Not a single trace of it was left.intriguied, he set off in the direction the old man had left, and came upon a campsite, the old man sitting by a small fire, back turned to him. Shankar tried to approach, but the old man called to him, "Come boy!" with great power in his voice. "Tell me why you are here." Shankar boldly approached. He stopped just short of the man, then dropped to his knees, and his hands to the ground, bringing his head to face the earth. "I wish to learn. I want to learn how to do what you can do!" The old man did not turn. After a moment of silence, the old man said, "Go away. I do not take disciples." Shankar rose his voice in protest, "But I can already do martial arts! I know Tang Soo Do, and have attained the level of black belt!" "Meaningless titles!" the old man cried. "Now leave! Your reasons are selfish, and I shall not teach one who Has Not!" Confused and infuriated, Shankar stormed back home.

As Shankar left the woods, he ran into a strange woman. She was of Oriental descent, possibly Chinese, and her accent backed up Shankar's guess, when she demanded, "Where is Buxiu de Long?" "What? Who?" Shankar replied with surprise. "Don't play coy with me, I know he's here, and you have come from him. Where is he?" the rather attractive lady demanded. 'Listen, Miss, I don't know who the h*ll you're talking about, but if you're lost, the nearest cop is down the..." "Anjing!" the woman interrupted. 'I'll force the answer from you, even if you die!" The woman dropped into a lower stance, than sprang, faster than normal people, though not as fast as the old man in the woods. However, somewhere in his mind remained his training, and Shankar was abrely able to throw up an arm to guard against the kick to his head. He thought he heard something crick, as he was blasted to a wall by the sheer power of the woman's kick. "God's, Lady! That frickin' hurt!" Shankar cried out in agony and anger as pain rushed through his body. The hot woman, rather perplexed at the boy, cried, 'So you have enough sense to block, but you can't keep up forever!" Shankar could do nothing against the woman, as every blow that the woman managed to land seemed to blast his body like a sledgehammer. He wondered through all that pain how a woman so thin and lithe could pack such a punch. Yet through all that pain and beating, Shankar saw a chance. As the woman prepared for a punch, she would always shift her forward foot to face sideways, and raised her arm, opening up her waist. Shankar timed his shot, and went for the punch, and found himself connecting solidy. With a wild yell, blood dripping down his face, and his eyes red with pain, Shankar screamed as his fist blew the woman clear across the meadow, landing several feet from Shankar's bent, bloodied, and exhausted form. he managed to see the woman laying so far away, then looked at his bloody hands, trying to make sense of it all. Then the world began to spin, and Shankar blacked out.

When Shankar came to, he found himself back in the woods, staring at the evening sky, the smell of a campfire nearby. The old man's bearded face loomed into his vision. Shankar groaned, as he tried to sit up. "Don't move. You are very hurt. Wound will open again." the old man said. Shankar groaned, and managed to croak, "Why did you save me?" The old man was silent. Then he said, "I decided to follow you, I was curious why you would come to see someone like me. I thought you were a fool to want to learn from me. It seems that I was a fool as well to follow you." The old man's voice grew soft, and gentle. "I saw you fight that woman on the edge of town. I saw you almost die out there. I turned to run, when I saw you were about to die, when you surprised me. I saw what you did, and..." The old man's voice trailed off. "I thought I was alone...that no one else could harness their inner chi so easily as I...But you could!" He turned to Shankar once more. "You have the same gift that I do! Fate brought you to me, and you asked to learn. I now know that your life and mine are connected, by the string of Fate...I will teach you my martial arts, and you shall be my sole disciple." Shankar's face lit up, and a smile played across it. He tried to lift himself of the blanket, when his wounds cried in pain. "but it first looks like you will need to heal," the old man said. "Thank you" Shankar gasped, tears forming in his eyes. The old man simply smiled in return. "Just call me Laoshi."

When Shankar's wounds were nearly healed, still aching at times, but well enough to stand and move about, Shankar asked, "What did you mean by gifts? What talent did you see I possess? And how did I punch that woman so hard?" The old man turned from eating a berry. "Inner power," he replied. 'The ability to harness one's one chi, and utilize it, to fill their bodies with energy, and turn their flesh into a finely honed weapon. You have the physical ability and talent to learn martial arts easily, and master the use of chi in you arts. If you know your sciences, you will know that man only uses about 10 percent of his brain, and similarly, only about 10 percent of his actual body power. Thus, most martial artists can only fight with about 1/10 of their body's inner power. That is why in many ancient martial arts, the practitioner would shout or yell, to draw out more of that energy. What makes you different is that when you draw out your inner chi, you draw out more than anyone else, and can utilize your body in ways that no one else can. Here let me show you." The old man turned to a great tree nearby, and placed his palm on the tree's touch bark. He closed his eyes, the opened them as he shouted "HA!". suddenly all the leaves on the tree began to quiver and break free of the tree, to fall slowly and gently on the afternoon wind, a myriad of leaves dancing on the wind. "That is caused by my vibrating my palm, and releasing my energy into the tree, not to harm it much, but enough to shake the leaves off...It took me many decades to reach that level. Let's see how many it takes you..." Shankar looked on with amazement. "Come! Let me teach you the basic forms. Let me warn you. My art is that of the ancients, so old, that is considered to be one of the original arts, so pure in its form and style, that it epitomizes the warrior. If you have the capability to master this art, you shall find your entire body will become a mightier weapon than any blade of other mortal weapon on this Earth! Now! Do what I do." Laoshi said. Shankar adopted the same posture as the man, his feet aprt, knees slightly bent, his left palm weld in front of him, right, by his front to receive a blow, and his eyes, fixed forward over his the fingertips of his left hand. And the training began.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 am

Been thinking of a Prince of Persia type build, mostly since I just saw the sands of time movie recently and started thinking about how it was like the game(I could barely make it out of the city with the dagger in the original game, lol) and felt like starting the Prince up.

The Prince
PL8 (117/120PP)

Abilities: 24
Str 14
Dex 16
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 14

Saves: 5
Toughness 4
Fortitude 3
Reflex 3 (+8, 5pp)
Will 2

Combat: 24
Attack 6 (12 PP) (+11 melee)
Defense 6 (12 PP) (+12 dodge focus)
Grapple 8
Initiative 3

Skills: 26
Acrobatics 13
Bluff 5
Climb 13
Escape Artist 13
Handle Animal 4
Knowledge (tactics) 4
Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 2
Notice 5
Ride 4
Search 8
Sense Motive 4
Sleight of Hand 8
Stealth 13
Survival 5
Swim 3

Feats: 24
Ambidexterity
Assessment
Attack Focus (melee) 5
Beginner's Luck
Benefit 1 (Prince of Persia)
Defensive Attack
Dodge Focus 6
Equipment 2
Evasion 2
Instant Up
Luck 3
Move By Attack
Power Attack

Powers:
Super Movement 3 (slow fall, wall crawling 2, sure footed) 6 PP
Device 3 (easy to lose) 9 PP
- Damage 1 (str based) 2pp
- TimeControl 3 (flaws: limited(backwards)) 12pp
- Feature 1 (temporal inertia)

Equipment
Scimitar - Damage 3 (str based, Split Attack) 5ep
Leather armor - +1 Toughness 1 ep
Map of Empire and surrounding worlds 1ep
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Im a fan of the avatar the last airbender series, and thought that I would use 3e to make my own version of the avatar. only better.

Abilities: 36
Strength 1
Agility 4
Fighting 4
Awareness 2
Stamina 2
Dexterity 3
Intellect 0
Presence 2

Advantages: 5
Accurate attack
All out attack
Power attack
Precise attack (ranged, cover)
Taunt

Skills: 14
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Deception 7 (+9)
Insight 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat: energy control 5 (+8)

Powers: 80
Elemental aura Energy Aura 2 (damage 2, reaction) 8PP
Elemental Magic Magic 12 [variable descriptor(elemental)] 26PP
AP: Elemental Control Element Control 12
AP: Blast 8 [Area(Cone)]
AP:
5 more APs
Void Resistance Immunity 5 (Elemental Magic type) 5PP
Void Levitation Flight 7 14PP
Shield of Elements Protection 10 (Impervious, sustained) 20PP

Defenses: 15
Dodge 8 (4PP)
Parry 4
Will 8 (6PP)
Fortitude 7 (5PP)
Toughness 12

Offense:
Initiative +4
Energy Control +8 Ranged Damage 12
Unarmed +4 Close Damage 1

Abilities 36 + Advantages 5 + Skills 14 + Powers 80 + Defenses 15 = 150 PP
Last edited by kenmadragon on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Crescent
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Private Sanctum - Secret Pocket Dimension hidden away in the crystal in his ring.
Affiliation: Varies
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 150 lbs
Eyes: Black (Green flash when using rituals)
Hair: Black

Trade-Offs: -2 Attack/+2 Damage , -2 Defense/+2 Toughness

Abilities: 42
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 1
Intellect 5
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: 15
Deception 8 (+11)
Expertise (Arcana) 9 (+14)
Investigation 4 (+9)
Perception 4 (+7)
Ranged Attack 4 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 1 (+5)

Advantages: 7
Accurate Attack
Artificer
Defensive Attack
Fearless
Ritualist
Trance
Ultimate Save (Will)

Powers: 71
Astral Projection Remote Sensing 10 (visual, auditory, mental) [extras: Subtle 2; physical body defenseless, flaws: Feedback] 23 PP
AE: Mystic Wards Force Field 12 [extras: Impervious; flaws: Weak Point] Mystic Flight Flight 5
Magician's Might Magic 12 [extras: Variable Descriptor(Magical)- applicable to entire array] 36PP
AE: Mystic Missiles Blast 11 [extras: Homing, Split Attack]
AE: Mystic Bomb Blast 8 [extras: Area(Burst)]
AE: Disintegration Weaken 12 [extras: Ranged]
AE: Rejuvenation Healing 12
AE: Phantasmal Illusions Illusion 6 [all sense types; flaws: Phantasmal]
AE: Thousand Faces Morph 4 [extras: Metamorph 4]
AE: Mystic Bindings Snare 8
AE: Telekinesis Move Object 11 (50 tons) [extras: Precise, Subtle]
AE: Telepathy Mind Reading 5 Linked to Area Mental Communication 2 [extras: Rapid, Subtle 2]
AE: Teleportation Teleport 12
AE: Mystic Dispel Nullify 12 [extras: Broad]
Mystic Senses Senses 3 (Awareness(magical), Acute, Extended) 3PP
Lesser Key of Solomon Device 1(Removable) 4PP
-Magic
-AE: Summon 11 [extras: Heroic, Variable Descriptor(Any Mythic Figure-Default Solomon); flaws: Attitude, Slow]
-AE: Concealment 10 (all senses except tactile) Linked: Enhanced Agility 2
-AE: Quickness 12 Linked: Enhanced Advantages(Jack of All Trades, Improvised Tools, Skill Mastery[Expertise Magic, Investigation, Perception], Power Lifting 6
Enhanced Adcantages: Precise Attack, Improved Initiative
Ring of Sanctuary Device 1 (Removable) 4PP
-Enhanced Advantages (Equipment 5: HQ[see HeadQuarters]

HeadQuarters:
http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45403&p=1048738#p1048738

Dodge 8 (4PP)
Parry 1
Fortitude 5 (5PP)
Toughness 0 (12 w/ Force Field, Impervious 12)
Will 9 (6PP)

Combat:
Initiative +1
Unarmed +7 Close, Damage 0
Magic Blast +8 Ranged, Damage 12

Abilities 42 + Skills 15 + Advantages 7 + Powers 71 + Defenses 15 = 150 PP

Motivations:
Responsibility: Crescent isn't just a junior at Claremont Academy, but is also one of the most powerful teenage magicians out there, and is bursting with power for his age. While such power would allow any adult to become famous and gain prestige and power, Teddy is still a minor, and is faced with the fact that he is only allowed to use his powers if he uses them responsibly. Which sucks if you want to be a hero on your own, but hey, the comics say that with power, comes responsibility. Better make sure the world is safe, or you won't have anyplace to crash for the night.

Acceptance: Crescent is still 16, turning 17 in January. Yet he holds more magical power than some adults ever attain, and has the smarts to back up his powers. Yet people still treat him like a kid. Sure, he may be great with the girls, and looks pretty sharp, but people still treat him as a minor. So he tries to fix that, by testing his mettle at magic, and to prove that he is not just a boy, but a hero as well.

Complications:
Secret Identity: Crescent's identity is known to a select few. Mainly Mr. Summers, and his family, and the few masters of magic that have their eye on the aspiring magician. But for the most part, Ted isn't very well known to the populace of Freedom City. And Ted likes it that way. That and he never told his parents that he had the gift of magic either, or he would probably be grounded for not telling them and to prevent him from getting in trouble. Hey, parents are protective. So Teddy makes sure that his real name isn't known to everyone, keeps him from getting in too much trouble, whether it's with some sorceror using it for a spell or from his parent's grounding him.

Background:
Its very usual for a kid in Freedom City to grow up seeing all the supers on TV, watching great heroes like the Freedom League thwart the plans of nefarious villains, and bear witness more than once to various battles across the skies on on the rivers. Of course, living in Kingston didn't seem to make things real great if you wanted autographs, and the rare trip Downtown always excited Theodore Moon as a child. So it was always a delight when his parents, Thomas and Olivia Moon, took him on their monthly excursions into the heart of the city. Theodore was a brilliant child, and took after his father, a physicist working in a small company in the North End, and constantly brought a calculator with him on every trip.

Now it was on one of the many trips into the city that the Moon's took their son on that truly changed Theodore's life. They were in Wading Way, shopping in the mall, when a criminal shot out of nowhere, dressed all in black, the shining gleam of cybernetic leg implants whirring in a blur as the thief trailed dollar bills after robbing a bank in split second. Luckily, a hero was nearby, Captain Thunder, roaring down the massive halls of the mall on a bolt of lightning, about to blast the miscreant with a blast of electric blue lightning to short out the cybernetics. Unfortunately, even the great Captain Thunder was prone to making mistakes back then, and the bolt almost hit an unsuspecting child who had wandered away from his mother. As luck would have it, that bolt accidentally hit the young Teddy Moon, and the incoming danger seemed to release something from Teddy's subconsciousness. Teddy instinctively shouted as the bolt drew near, and a sudden flash erupted between the boy and the lightning, and the blast was gone, the child on the ground unharmed. Captain Thunder, shocked at what had happened, slowed his pursuit, turning back to check if the boy was okay, cursing himself for his carelessness. The boy was fine, an odd occurrence since a single bolt form the Captain could knock out an elephant. The Captain apprehended the thief, then went back to check up on the boy, and found the child in a toy store. After waving away the paparazzi, the Captain entered the toy store, and approached the boy. The boy's eyes lit up, seeing one of the great heroes on TV right in front of him. The Captain asked, "What's your name son?" "Theodore Moon, Captain!" he exclaimed. "But my friends call me Teddy! You can too!" The Captain smiled, and then said, "You have a gift Teddy, and I don't know how you got it, but always remember, that you must always use it for good. Do you understand?" Teddy nodded eagerly. The Captain smiled, and turned, pondering what he should do about the child - child, barely even 6 years old, had the capability to survive one of his thunders! - when he felt a tug on his cape. Turning, he saw the boy holding up a clunky calculator and a marker. "Sign it?" The boy asked.

Captain Thunder related the experience to his comrades at the Freedom League, and asked what should be done about the child, 'Teddy'. Various members of the Leagure favored the 'let it be' approach, but the Captain was unsure. He contacted some friends at Claremont Academy, asking if they would look into the child. Duncan Summers accepted, and surreptitiously watched over the young Teddy Moon till he had grown up more, and would be more understanding of his abilities. When Teddy was about 10 years old, he was notified of his magical abilities, and was offered a scholarship to Claremont Academy, Teddy readily accepted. Over those few years, the kid had been growing to understand that he was different from other boys, and had gifts that others didn't. Teddy started to learn of his abilities, and after some tests, they discovered that his abilities were magical, and that magic was more powerful than any they had encountered for such a young age. Not only was the child gifted intellectually, but had the capability to become a master of magic in a few years. His parents were not told of his powers, but they allowed him to be enrolled in Claremont Academy.

At Claremont, Teddy developed his powers, and excelled in various fields, getting by on sheer intellect. But when he began to use magic, the faculty were astounded. Teddy soon passed the graduation exams, years before anyone else. He took up the pseudonym "Crescent", and began his life as a hero. Though he still crashed at Claremont to throw keep his parents from getting suspicious, Crescent advanced in magic and traveled the world, seeking ancient lore, and expanding his personal wealth of arcane knowledge. He tested out various rituals, and learned a variety of spells, and invented a few himself. The Academy allowed Crescent to adventure and in his down time, work as a 'student librarian' at the Academy. Though not considered one of the staff, he helped out around the Academy, and began to turn his sights towards moving out of the Academy, but only after he turned 18. Then he would have to leave so his parents wouldn't get suspicious. Nevertheless, the life of Crescent was a rather interesting one, filled with the thwarting of various villains and minor summoners, studying under various masters of magic, seeking arcane lore throughout the world, traversing the tame and non-hostile parts of the Path of Magi, the Cosmic Coil.

Crescent now spends his time keeping Freedom City safe from evils magics, and working as the Academy Librarian in his down time. He has a room in the student dorms, and sleeps there to maintain the pretense of still being a student. Yet he is always on the alert, constantly waiting and watching, seeking the chance to prove that he is a true hero, and not just some teenager who is souped up on magical power.
Last edited by kenmadragon on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 am

Headquarters for Crescent-Teddy Moon
Sanctum of the Silver Moon
25 EP
Large 3 (Huge)
Toughness 5 (+16 Toughness)
Dual Size(Dimensionally Altered to fit in a gem)
Sealed
Dimensional Portal
Combat Simulator
Self Repairing
Defense System (non-lethal, Snare power to mystically bind intruders)
Fire Prevention System
Living Space
Infirmary
Laboratory
Library
Workshop
Power System
Communications
Personnel (the sanctum itself- it runs itself, tending to itself, and has been mystically constructed to listen to the orders of its owner-Crescent)
Grounds 1 (Colossal)
Power- Telekinesis (for servicing its inhabitants and tending to the sanctum itself and it's grounds)

Teddy found the ring during one his trips to the ruins of the ancient city of Atlantis. A lucky find, Teddy has managed to reset the sanctum's ownership to himself, and has made use of its resuorces as a place to stay when he is abroad, since he only uses the dorm room at Claremont Academy to fool his parents into thinking he lives there. Teddy instead uses the room as a safe place for him to use the ring and enter the sanctum. Teddy can enter the ring as a standard action, but can only send other people into the ring if they are willing, and are in contact with Teddy when he enters the ring. The Sanctum itself is a pocket dimension that hold the magnificent Sanctum of the Silver Moon and it's grounds. It has a strange semblance of sentience, and is able to determine for itself whether an occupant means the sanctum or it's owner harm, and also tends to the wishes of the user on verbal command
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:49 am

Constructing acreature for a summoning spell of rank 12. Thinking of creating a highly intelligent beast that can be. Used as a supernatural aid and repository of forbidden knowledge, as well as a potential combat god. It is minion rank 12. But it's heroic, so...

SCRAPPING THIS BUILD ~ GOT OUT OF HAND

Abilities: 66
Strength 0
Stamina 4
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 4
Intellect 12
Awareness 6
Presence 7

Skills: 12
Expertise(Magic) 5 (+17)
Expertise(Science) 3 (+15)
Expertise(Theology) 1 (+13)
Investigation 2 (+14)
Perception 11 (+17)
Treatment 2 (+14)

Advantages: 4
Artificer
Fearless
Power Attack
Ritualist

Powers: 79
Growth 8 (+8 Strength and Stamina, +4 to Intimidation, +1 Speed, but -8 to Stealth, –4 Dodge and Parry)
Strike 12 (alt save: Will) [Perception]
Protection 12 [Impervious 15]
Immunity 10 (Common power descriptor) [Variable decriptor]

Defenses:
Toughness 4/12
Dodge 0/-4
Parry 12/-8
Fortitude 6/14
Reflex 0
Will 8

Combat:
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:01 pm

3e RANK 11 Minions for summon spells

SOLOMON THE WISE
PL 11

Abilities: 66
Strength 6
Stamina 5
Dexterity 3
Agility 3
Fighting 5
Intellect 0
Awareness 6
Presence 5

Skills: 28
Close Combat 6 (+11)
Intimidation 5 (+10)
Knowledge (arcane lore) 9 (+9)
Knowledge (theology and philosophy) 13 (+13)
Perception 4 (+10)
Persuasion 10 (+15)
Sense Motive 9 (+15)

Advantages: 6
Attractive
Beginner’s Luck
Diehard
Improved Critical
Inspire 2
Luck 2

Powers: 40
Comprehend 2 (all languages) ~ Tongue of Babel
Flight 5 (500 ft/round) [flaws: Wings] ~ Wings of Heaven
Immunity 10 (aging, life support) ~ Angelic Countenance
Protection 6 ~ Favor of Heaven
Strike 5(power feat: Mighty) ~ Flaming Sword
Senses 5 (Supernatural Awareness, Counters Illusions, Comunication link(summoner), Low Light Vision, Precognition, Extended) ~ Eyes of True Seeing

Defense: 25
Toughness 11
Dodge 11 (8PP)
Parry 11 (6PP)
Fortitude 11 (6PP)
Will 11 (5PP)

Combat:
Attack +11 (melee), +8 (ranged)
Grapple +17,
Damage +6 (unarmed), +11 (sword), Critical 19-20
Defense +11,
Knockback –5
Initiative +3

Abilities 66 + Skills 28 + Advantages 6 + Powers 40 + Defense 25 = 165 PP

The Angel of King Solomon, a former sorcerer king of Biblical myth, who lost his mystic powers after his death and ascension to heaven. However, his lesser key still holds the connection to his soul, and is can be forced back to the mortal coil by the wielder of the Lesser Key of Solomon in his lesser, angelic form.

Abilities:
Strength
Stamina
Dexterity
Agility
Fighting
Intellect
Awareness
Presence

Skills:

Advantages:

Powers:

Defenses:
Toughness
Dodge
Parry
Fortitude
Will

Combat:
Last edited by kenmadragon on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Abilities: 34
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Dexterity 3
Agility 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: 15
Expertise(Sciences) 11 (+15)
Insight 4 (+8)
Perception 11 (+15)
Persuasion 4 (+6)

Advantages: 5
Beginner's Luck
Jack of All Trades
Ritualist (alternate skill Expertise Sciences)
Power Attack
Ultimate Save (Will)

Powers: 74
Psychic Shield Protection 12 [Impervious 12] 24PP
Levitation Flight 3 6PP
Telepathy Mind Reading 5 [Linked to Area Mental Communication 2] 24PP
AE: Psychic Blast Strike 10 [Perception; Resisted by Will]
AE: Phantasms Illusion 4 (all senses), Resisted by Will, Selective
AE: Mind Control Affliction 5 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Cumulative, Perception Range.
AE: Psychic Enervation Weaken 10 (Mental Abilities, Will resists) [extras: Perception]
Telekinetics Move Object 8 [Perception; flaws: Resistable(Will)] 16PP
Seer's Sight Senses 2 (Mental Awareness, Radius) 4PP
AE: Senses (Precognition) [flaws: Unreliable(timing)]
AE: Senses (Postcognition) [flaws: Unreliable(timing)]

Defenses: 18
Toughness 12 (Impervious 12)
Dodge 8 (6p)
Parry 2
Fortitude 4 (4p)
Will 12 (8p)

Combat:
Attack: unarmed +2, ranged +3
Damage: unarmed +0
Telepathy Will DC 15
Psychic Blast Will DC 25
Phantasms Will DC 14
Mind Control Will DC 15
Psychic Enervation Will DC 20

Abilities 34 + Skills 15 + Advantages 5 + Powers 74 + Defenses 18 = 146 PP
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Rebuilding Crescent to PL 14

CRESCENT~THEODORE MOON

Abilities: 54
Strength 0
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 3
Intellect 6
Awareness 5
Presence 3

Skills: 20
Deception 9 (+12)
Expertise (Arcana) 13 (+19)
Investigation 8 (+14)
Perception 10 (+15)
Ranged Attack 10 (+14)
Sleight of Hand 10 (+14)

Advantages: 14
Accurate Attack
Artificer
Attractive
Defensive Attack
Eidetic Memory
Fearless
Improved Initiative
Move By Action
Power Attack
Precise Attack
Ritualist
Trance
Ultimate Save (Will)
Uncanny Dodge

Powers: 171PP
Mystic Wards Force Field 12 [extras: Impervious 14]

Mystic Flight Flight 5

Magician's Might
Magic (Damage) 14 [extras: Multiattack, Secondary Effect; feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Indirect 4, Homing 3, Penetrating 12, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2(Magical)]
AE: Mystic Bomb Blast 14 [extras: Area(Burst), Penetrating, Selective; feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Range 3, Incurable, Reversible, Triggered, Variable Descriptor 2(mystic energy)]
AE: Enervation Weaken 14 [extras: Broad, Progressive, Ranged; feats: Extended Range 5, Homing 6, Precise]
AE: Rejuvenation Healing 14 [extras: Area, Energizing, Resurrection, Selective] Linked Regeneration 4, Feature 2 (Mystic glow over healed people, lingering aura around those healed)
AE: Phantasmal Illusions Illusion 14 (all sense types) [extras: Independent; flaws: Resistable(Will)] Linked: Morph 2(humanoid)
AE: Thousand Faces Morph 4 [extras: Metamorph 4] Growth 14 Shrinking 14
AE: Mystic Bindings Snare 14 [extras: Perception, Shapeable; feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Extended Range 3, Subtle 2, Triggered, Variable Descriptor 2(mystic energy)]
AE: Telekinesis Move Object 14 (50 kilotons) [extras: Perception, Damaging; feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improvised Weapon 5, Increased Mass 7, Indirect 4, Precise, Thrown Mastery 5]
AE: Telepathy Mind Reading 15 [extras: Area, Selective; feats: Insidious, Subtle 2] Linked: Communication(mental) 5 [extras: Area, Selective; feats:Rapid, Subtle 2]
AE: Teleportation Teleport 14 [extras: Accurate, Easy, Extended, Portal(when used, rank 5); feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 2, Turnabout]
AE: Mystic Dispel Nullify 14 [extras: Broad(Magic), Effortless, Multiattack, Simultaneous; feats: Homing 10]

Lesser Key of Solomon Device 1(Removable)
-Magic~Additional AEs
-AE: Call to the Beyond Summon 14 [extras: Active, Heroic; feats: Mental Link, Sacrifice, Variable Descriptor(Any Mythic Figure/Creature)] Linked: Immunity 10 (Mental Compulsion) [flaws: Limited(affects only summoned creature, and still allows Summoner to compel creature)]
-AE: Supernatural Grace Concealment 10 (all senses except tactile){extras, Ranged, Affects Others; feats: Precise, Subtle 2] Linked: Enhanced Agility 14, Enhanced Dexterity 6, Enhanced Advantages(Hide in Plain Sight)
-AE: Celerity Quickness 14 [extras: Affects Others] Linked: Speed 14 [extras: Effects Others], Leaping 14, Enhanced Advantages(Assessment, Diehard, Evasoin, Great Endurance, Instant Up, Interpose, Jack of All Trades, Improvised Tools, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery[Expertise Magic, Investigation, Perception])
-AE: Conjurer's Creations Create 14 (250K cubic feet) [extras: Continuous, Impervious, Movable, Selective, Stationary; feats: Increased Mass/Volume 4, Innate, Precise, Subtle 1, Subtle 2, Tether]
-AE: Mystic Gates of Absalom Movement 9 (Dimensional Travel 3, Space Travel 3, Time Travel 3) [extras: Affects Others, Improved Duration; feats: Reach 14, Increased Mass 14] LInked: Immunity Life Support {basically allows those transported to survive in the environment they end up in}

Mind Over Matter
Enhanced Dodge 6, Enhanced Parry 5, Enhanced Fortitude 5, Enhanced Will 9

Mystic Senses Senses 3 (Awareness(magical), Acute, Accurate 2, Extended 2, Radius, Danger Sense, Counters Illusion(2))
AE: Astral Projection Remote Sensing 3 (visual, auditory) [feats: Subtle]

Sanctum of the Silver Moon Device 1 (Removable) Limited:Only usable by Crescent
-Enhanced Advantages (Equipment 5: HQ[see HeadQuarters]

HeadQuarters:
http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45403&p=1048738#p1048738

Dodge 8/14 (4PP)
Parry 1/6
Fortitude 7/12 (5PP)
Toughness 2 (14 w/ Force Field, Impervious 14)
Will 9/18 (6PP)

Combat:
Initiative +8
Unarmed +4 Close, Damage 0

Abilities 54 + Skills 20 + Advantages 14 + Powers 171 + Defenses 15 = 274 PP
kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Next

Return to Roll Call