Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sliver Powers (MTG)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Sliver Powers (MTG)

Postby Utashmai » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:04 pm

An idea I had to represent the Slivers' ability to grant each other powers in Magic: the Gathering. As follows:

Sliver Collective Blast: Affects Others Perception Area (Sliver Sense) Enhanced Ranged Damage

paired with

Sliver Sense: Senses 3 (Extended Ranged Mental Detect Sliver Effects)

This way, a Sliver has the Sliver Sense power, and thus is affected by the Sliver Sense Perception Area Enhanced Trait (here I used Blast, but given the variety of Sliver-ness that exists, it could be just about anything). The fact that the Perception Area targets Sliver Sense keeps non-Slivers from getting access to the power.
"There are some who call me . . . Tim."
Utashmai
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Sliver Powers (MTG)

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:25 am

You could also just put Limited-only affects Slivers on the Collective Blast power. That way, any allies the Sliver's might have that aren't Slivers wouldn't get the bonus either, plus you wouldn't have to worry about enemies getting it.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Sliver Powers (MTG)

Postby Utashmai » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 pm

That would probably work better most of the time. The thought behind the pairing of the special Perception Area and the special Sense was that it would give PCs a chance to "jam" Sliver collectives with Obscure type powers, or allow them to tap into the abilities being broadcast if they somehow developed or otherwise acquired Sliver Sense (Useful perhaps for Sliver/human hybrids or rogue free-thinking Sliver PCs).

Honestly, I don't think that this power perfectly represents Sliver abilities, but I did have a lot of coffee before I posted it, so I will irresponsibly shift the blame to that factor.
"There are some who call me . . . Tim."
Utashmai
Bystander
Bystander

Return to Roll Call