Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

World of Freedom: FC Setting Builds....

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: World of Freedom 3rd Edition: Almost Done...

Postby Tattooedman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 am

Spectrum wrote:Wow, just wow!

I did a quick flip through of the thread and continue to be amazed at how wide the variety is. Some of my favorite characters from M&M, HERO and Heroes Unlimited have been done. I'm sure that I'm missing the reference on many of the others. I'm really curious to see what's coming next.

I've added this thread to my list of must reads.

Well thanks for the kind words. I've tried to put together an interesting gathering of criminals, heroes & ner-do-wells for those playing in my games to interract with. Granted the characters might not be the same as they were in their original state but I like to think I've used them in a good way.

Glad you like it and hope I can continue to impress you.

And just to share where I've picked up a good portion of the the characters so far:

They've come from Super Unicorn's CROOKS! book, Palladium‘s Heroes Unlimited (Gramercy Island, Century Station & Villains Unlimited to be specific), Champions: New Millennium as well as some other Champions books I’ve picked up over the years (and heard of thanks to Crinos’ setting thread here on the ATT), some of M&M's 1st edition characters, along with the Algernon Files, and M&M’s Paragons stuff.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Spectrum » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:21 pm

If you're looking for other places for inspiration, I highly recommend:

Silver Age Sentinels (the 'other' d20 superhero game) had a good series called Roll Call (coincidence? ;) )

GURPS had a few more books that were inspiring: Villains, Monsters, Wizards (so creative with book names), International Super Teams and my oldest and favorite SuperTemps and Super Scum.

All of them unfortunately very out of print these days.

I look forward to going back through and really study how you build characters.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby catsi563 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Actualy TM thats a good idea. Silver Age sentinels has some really neat heroes and villains that I think would fit nicely within the Tattooverse so to speak.

and I just so happen to have the books for stat info mewahahahah!! :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby ClassDunce » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Inspiration is weird though. All the source books are awesome for already made characters to slightly change and then slip into the universe but I've always loved completely original characters. There's something about conceiving a character from the ground up. That's the problem I've always had with GM'ing I get too attached to my NPC's even the villains. I would love to see you throw together some more original TM creations. That would be fantastic.

When I'm looking for a character I usually find small things first like a general tone. Like, for example, Carter Jacobs from the Dovetail Fiction that I am currently mired down in was actually inspired by a couple songs.

The Silent Comedy - Bartholomew
The Humbling River - Puscifer

That's basically where I got his whole attitude and inspired his mannerisms. The other inspirations were the same ones shared by Dovetail. Some quotes from a Richard K. Morgan novel...

"War is like any other bad relationship. Of course you want out, but at what price? And perhaps more importantly, once you get out, will you be any better off?" - Broken Angels

"There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic." - Broken Angels

"Check functionality. It's not injury you're concerned with, it's damage. Pain you can either use or shut down. Wounds matter only if they cause structural impairment." - Broken Angels

And of course Curt Vonnegut's "You are who you pretend to be." But that was Susan's long before it ever applied to Jacobs.

With Sea-King II I found his voice in Spartacus: Blood and Sand, the character is very very roman in the best possible way. Also Aquaman from Batman The Brave and the Bold cartoon lol and strangely enough the Peter David interpretation of Shatterstar from his current run on X-Factor. A character can come from anywhere and in anyway. You could know traits, mannerisms, their voice long before you have a power set or a background or it could all come together on the fly like it did for me and Strong Girl from Project Freedom. Like I said earlier maybe a series of completely original characters could be a lot of fun.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Spectrum & catsi - Thanks for the tip on other sources, I've managed to briefly flip through a couple different sources of information on some of the SAS characters and I've actually come up with a use for some of them.....but that's something for some of my games and things I have planned in the future for FORCE Ops & the Freedom League.

:twisted:

You might want to worry now.

CD - I know what you mean on inspiration. Sometimes I look at a picture and instantly have a idea for a character, other times it's a line or two I read somewhere or talking about 'what if' on one popular character going in another direction instead of where the owning company has taken them.

If you look at my builds so far for the Brimstone House (granted I don't have all of them built in 3rd edition yet but I'm working on it, really), that's an idea I had many, many years ago (something like 15 or so but at my age it's getting hard to recall exactly) but here recently (the last 6 months or so) I've been merging it's original concept with things I've read here and there and while the majority of the members are original characters of mine I've been working in other ones from M&M books that fit in pretty well.

It's been a fun little experiment (as I don't really know what else to call it) and I'm looking forward to bringing them into the games I'm running. So you'll be seeing more all new, all original builds here from me in the future.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby CelticREI » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:20 pm

For me it normally starts with either a picture or a very specific power idea.
The original Owl (played in RobinShirewood's Teen Titans Next game) was based on the picture I found when I searched 'Rave Chick' and I had been wanting to play a 'costumed crimefighter' ala Batman/Robin for a while.
H4ck originally started out as a guy who could hack into computers and tech (his possession was first limited to technology) but after TM said he was a bit complicated for his game (remembering that Force Ops started as people choosing characters from quick start guides) I changed his power set to the 2e core book Mentalist with a few small edits (Possession rather than Mind Control being the only one I remember)
Liz & Lyn, whom I've been missing lately, was the thought of 'what if Twins were given the same powers and fuzed into a single being?' and then it went from there.
I actually find it funny that I -can't- seem to do characters from other media, I always need to do my own twists and spins from them otherwise they feel... I don't know, 'Off' somehow lol
*Owl throws down a smoke pellet to cover escape*
*FLUME OF SLEEP GAS*
*THUD*
Owl: "zzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzz"
Batman: *facepalm*

GM - The Organization On Hold
Celt's Builds, and characters for other games
CelticREI
Luminary
Luminary

Baron Twilight

Postby Tattooedman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 am

Baron Twilight:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 5
Presence 4

Skills: Deception 8 (+10), Expertise [Chemistry] 12 (+16), Expertise [Magic] 16 (+19), Insight 12 (+17), Intimidation 12 (+16), Perception 9 (+14), Persuasion 8 (+10), Ranged Combat [Shadow Magic] 10 (+15), Stealth 7 (+9)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Contacts, Daze [Deception], Equipment 2, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 3, Ritualist, Skill Mastery 2 [Expertise (Chemistry), Expertise (Magic)], Speed of Thought, Task Focus [Expertise [Magic]: The Shadow World], Taunt, Trance, Well-Informed

Powers: Ill-Gotten Longevity: Immunity 2 [Aging, Disease] (Flaw: Limited [Half Effective])
Shadowskin:
Enhanced Advantages 3 [Evasion 2, Diehard]
Feature [Conceal Identity]
Immunity 2 [Critical Hits]
Senses 2 [Darkvision]

Shadow Magic Array:
Shadow Shield: Force Field 13 (Extra: Impervious 12)
Summon Voidwraiths: Summon 10 [PL 10 creature] (Extras: Active, Horde); (Feat: Multiple Minions 3 [8 total])
-Summon Shadow Demons: Summon 8 [PL 8 creature] (Extras: Active, Horde); (Feat: Multiple Minions 4 [16 total])
-Summon Wraiths: Summon 5 [PL 5 creature] (Extras: Active, Horde); (Feat: Multiple Minions 2 [4 total])
-Summon Dusk Crawlers: Summon 8 [PL 8 creature] (Extras: Active, Horde); (Feat: Multiple Minions 3 [8 total])
Shadow Blast: Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Penetrating 12)
-Cover of Night: Visual Concealment 4 (Extras: Area, Attack, Selective)
-Fear the Shadows: Ranged Affliction [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [Only changes target’s feelings to fear/despair])
-Ray of Darkness: Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will])
- Shadow Beam: Ranged Damage 15 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude])
-Shadowslide: Teleport 12 (Extra: Accurate); (Feats: Change Direction, Increased Mass 4 [800 lbs])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +2
Ranged Attack +5 // Shadow Magic Array Attack +15

Defense: Dodge +15
Parry +12
Toughness +15*/+2 [*Force Field (Impervious 12)]
Fortitude +11
Will +15

Equipment: Headquarters (14 ep) [Brimstone House: Size: Large; Toughness: 10] Features: Defense System [Arcane], Laboratory. Library, Living Space, Personnel [shadowy servants], Secret, Security System 2 [Arcane; DC 25], Self-Repairing, Workshop

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 33+ Advantages 19+ Powers 127+ Defenses 40= 269 pts.

Height: 5’ 11”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complicaitons:
Motivation: Baron Twilight seeks to eventually take over the world.

Power Loss: Baron Twilight loses access to his Shadow Magic Array when he is unable to speak & gesture.

Power Loss: Baron Twilight loses his Ill-Gotten Longevity power if he doesn't complete a mystical ritual sacrifice once every month.

Background: The leader of the Brimstone House, Baron Twilight started down his path as a European alchemist in WWII, being one of the last few to truly practice the old art. Because of his skill he was recruited into a gathering of mystics and scholars who were looking for ways to increase their own personal powerbase. They hunted across Europe for items of power to help them increase their status in the mystical community, often dealing with members of the Lodge and the Order of Light, eventually the group discovered a set of books explaining the workings of a place the author called the Shadow World, a place now known as the Shattenwelt in other circles, and how a person could tap into its energies for their own use. The Baron soon proved to be the most gifted among the group with those works the books taught and he used that power to take over the group until he was the unquestioned leader. After a few years the Baron had learned all he could from the books so he betrayed the group; using them as sacrifices for a ritual he devised to keep himself young, the last thing he read from the tomes.

The Baron came to America a few years later, establishing himself up as a skilled summoner of considerable power in the mystical community and eventually he was approached by a group of mystics who were seeking to secretly take control of the country through mystical and mundane means. This group called itself the Pact and among it’s large membership the Baron met several other mages; Telin, Rikus, Corvis and Kulen. All of whom shared his thirst for power and together they formed a secondary group within the Pact that they named the Brimstone House. For over a decade the members of the Brimstone House grew to become high ranking members of the Pact as well as a growing force in the magical community, they even began to carefully enter into the mundane world; branching out into manipulating various people of influence, both political and economical, and they also started establishing a foothold in the criminal underworld.

By this point it was the late 1980s and members of the Brimstone House, who by this point had taken over the Pact and officially renamed it, were starting to have dealings with the heroes of the time, especially FORCE Ops. This continued for a few years until Archer gathered together other heroes, including the Eyes of Night and Foreshadow, and led a raid on the Brimstone House’s base, forcing the members to abandon the place to recover from their loss. During the raid Telin and Kulen were killed, though the details are vague at best as to the series of events, while the others took what artifacts and items they could when they left. In the end though the Baron was among the members to escape and maintain his control of the Brimstone House, though it would take him time to recover from the lose he’d been dealt.

Other the following fifteen years Baron Twilight established more control of the leadership within the Brimstone House and has only recently brought the House back to Freedom City. This time the Brimstone House is operating in the public eye; as a well-to-do and respectable social club while Baron Twilight has taken on the identity of antiques dealer Marcus Knoble, a public face that allows him access to high society and those in right social circles that he will begin to target for his own ends.

Summoned Minions wrote:Image
Shadow Demon:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina --
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Insight 8 (+8.), Perception 8 (+8.), Stealth 8 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Hide in Plain Sight, Teamwork

Powers: Levitation: Flight 5
Creature of Shadow:
Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]
Movement 3 [Slithering, Wall-Crawling 2]
Protection 8
Senses 2 [Darkvision]
Chilling Touch: Damage 8 (Extras: Alternate Resistance [Fortitude], Penetrating)
-Shadow Claws: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feats: Affect Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash)

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +4 // Chilling Touch Damage +8 // Shadow Claws Damage +8; critical 18-20
Ranged Attack +2

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +8
Fortitude N/A
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 14+ Skills 7+ Advantages 6+ Powers 77+ Defenses 16= 120 pts.

Complications:[/u]
Vulnerable: Light-Based Attacks do inflict more injury on Shadow Demons.

>>>
Wraith:
PL:
Strength –
Stamina –
Agility 3
Dexterity 1
Fighting 3
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 5

Powers:Incorporeal: Flight 1 (Feat: Subtle)
Creature of Shadow:
Immunity 32 [Critical Hits, Fortitude Effects]
Insubstantial 4 [Affected by Magic] (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Permanent)
Protection 5
Resurrection 1
Senses 2 [Darkvision]
Life-Draining: Weaken Stamina 4 (Extra: Affects Corporeal)
Life-Sensing: Senses 3 (Detect Living Creatures [ranged, radius])
Unnatural Aura: Area Burst Affliction 5 [Vulnerable, Compelled (to flee) Resisted by Will] (Extra: Reaction); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Advantages: Close Attack, Improved Initiative

Skills: Close Combat [Life-Drain] 2 (+6), Insight 6 (+8.), Intimidation 5 (+10), Perception 6 (+8.), Persuasion 5 (+10), Stealth 5 (+8.)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +4 // Life Drain Attack +6

Defense: Dodge +4
Parry +4
Toughness +5
Fortitude N/A
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 12 + Advantages 1 + Defenses 6 + Powers 95 + Skills 14 = 128 pts.

Complications:
Disabled: Wraiths are staggered by Light-based Attacks.

>>>
Dusk Crawler:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect -1
Awareness 2
Presence -1

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+11), Athletics 9 (+11), Insight 6 (+8.), Perception 9 (+11), Stealth 9 (+11)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Teamwork

Powers: Two Headed Beast: Extra Limb 1 [extra head] (Feat: Innate)
Tail: Extra Limb 1 (Feats: Improved Trip, Innate)
Bite: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Split Attack)
Creature of Shadow:
Visual Concealment 4 (Extra: Continuous); (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Limited [shadows/darkness only])
Immunity 12 [Aging, Sleep, Life Support]
Protection 6
Senses 3 [Detect Target (Ranged, Tracking)] (Flaw: Limited [requires item of target])
Speed 5

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8 // Bite Damage +6

Parry +8
Toughness +8
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 32+ Skills 14+ Advantages 4+ Powers 51+ Defenses 18= 119 pts.

Complications:
Disabled: Dusk Crawlers are mute & have no hands to manipulate objects with.

>>>
Voidshade:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina --
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 3
Intellect 0
Awareness 0
Presence 0

Skills: Deception 9 (+9), Insight 8 (+8.), Perception 8 (+8.), Ranged Combat [Steal Breath] 4 (+10), Stealth 5 (+11)

Advantages: Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Feint

Powers: Dark Wind Riding: Flight 8
Creature of Shadow:
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]
Insubstantial 4 [vulnerable to magic] (Extra: Continuous Duration); (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Permanent)
Protection 4
Senses 2 [Darkvision]
Steal Breath: Ranged Affliction 8 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive); (Feat: Affect Corporeal)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +3
Ranged Attack +6 // Steal Breath Attack +10

Parry +8
Toughness +4
Fortitude N/A
Will +4

Costs: Abilities 20+ Skills 12+ Advantages 2+ Powers 106+ Defenses 10= 150 pts.

Complications:
Disability: Voidshades are mute & have no hands to manipulate objects.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EnigmaticOne » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:09 am

Good stuff! But no Doctor Destroyer? :cry:
Impeach the peach!

EnigmaticOne
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 am

Thanks.

Nope, no Doctor D here. To be honest I know almost nothing about him aside from the treatment he was given in Champions New Millennium and to be honest I wasn't that impressed with it.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Seventh Son

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:52 am

Seventh Son:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 7
Intellect 2
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+8.), Athletics 4 (+12), Deception 6 (+8.), Expertise [Magic] 7 (+9), Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 9 (+11), Investigation 6 (+8.), Perception 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 5 (+11), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 8 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 1 [Alternate ID], Close Attack 5, Connected, Contacts, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Strike, Diehard, Equipment 2, Evasion, Favored Foe [Supernatural Creatures], Follow-Up Strike, Improved Demoralize, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Language [Base: Romanian; English], Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Task Focus [Expertise (Magic): Supernatural Monsters], Uncanny Dodge

Powers: More than Mortal:
Protection 2
Regeneration 3
Sense the Supernatural: Senses 6 [Detect Magic (Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended, Ranged, Tracking)]

Sword of Wrath: (Removable –1 pt) [7 pp]
Enchanted Edge: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Improved Smash)

Stolen Grimoires Array:
Mystic Passage: Teleport 10 (Extra: Extended); (Feat: Increased Mass 2 [200 lbs])
-Confusion: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extra: Perception); (Flaw: Limited [Targets actions are uncontrolled & random])
-Counter Spell: Nullify Magic 8 (Extra: Broad)
-Mystic Blast: Ranged Damage 10
-Paralysis Spell: Ranged Affliction 10 [Impaired, Stunned, Paralyzed; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative)
-Tongues Spell: Comprehend 6 [Animals 2, Languages 4]
-Veil: Concealment 6 [all visual, hearing, scent]

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +12 // Unarmed Damage +8 // Enchanted Edge Damage +12; critical 17-20
Ranged Attack +10 // Mystic Blast Damage +10

Defense:Dodge +14
Parry +14
Toughness +10
Fortitude +10
Will +11

Equipment: Witch Hunter Arsenal: (10 ep)
Crossbow [Ranged Damage 3]
-Silver Knife [Strength-Based Damage 1]
-Silver Knuckles [Strength-Based Damage 1]
-Whip [Strength-Based Damage 1; Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Reach 3]

Costs: Abilities 86+ Skills 27+ Advantages 31+ Powers 56+ Defenses 24= 224 pts.

Height: 6’3”
Weight: 220 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Enemy: Zenith of the Champions.

Low Profile: Seventh Son has been taught by his family not to reveal any of their secrets, or existance to outsiders. Baron Twilight has made sure this applies to the Brimstone House as well.

Motivation ~Money: Seventh Son takes on work for hire still even though he works for the Brimstone House, and he must give a percentage of his earnings of every job to them.

Background: The Vozich family has a long tradition in a very specialized profession. They’re witch hunters. Not the kind of faith-blinded fanatics who view all practitioners of the art as profane and evil; no, the Vozich family is simply pragmatic – they spotted a niche and long ago staked it out as their own. Good, evil, they couldn’t have cared less at any point. The only thing that’s ever mattered is whether or not someone was willing to pay the asking price for bringing the poor soul in dead or alive
(preferably dead; that’s always easier and less risky). This was the atmosphere into which little Janos was born.

Raised in the traditions of his family, Janos had never done his family anything less than proud. Janos took a commission on Zenith of the Champions. The client wanted the sorceress dead. Slowly and painfully, until dead. Janos made the trip to America to complete his commission to the letter. But for the first time in his life, Janos, or Seventh Son as he’s known professionally, failed. Thanks mostly to Zenith’s teammates intervention, especially Seeker.

The Vozich family was less than understanding of Janos‘ failure, and the shame burns in Janos every day and night. He stayed in North America so he could keep tabs on Zenith and eventually correct his first professional mistake but then the client who’d initially hired Janos caught up to him. The Brimstone House doesn’t care for failure either and Baron Twilight, who knew the traditions that Janos had been raised in, played upon certain key ideals and conscripted the younger man into service for the Brimstone House alone. Now Seventh Son is one of the enforcers for that organization, and he has grown to like it. It’s very similar to the work he’d done before, as those in charge tend to choose who deals with what assignments based on the mystical and mundane skills of their people, and the payoffs are much better.

Janos is the latest in a long line of professional witchfinders and mageslayers. He’s very good at it; he has been raised to do the work since he was old enough to walk. The Vozich family are very accomplished workers of the art themselves and Janos has benefited in both training and “gifts.” He’s an adept sorcerer with a broad repertoire of spells gleaned from the many spellbooks his family has taken off their fallen targets over the years and he’s been the subject of rituals which have enhanced his physical abilities to impressive levels.

Seventh Son carries any mundane weapons he feels would be needed for the job he’s currently working, but he always has the Sword of Wrath with him. It is an ancient and highly enchanted blade capable of cutting through practically anything. More dangerous than just the sum of his abilities, Seventh Son is methodical, resourceful planner and absolutely ruthless in the pursuit of a mission. He will use any and all means he deems appropriate, and so long as he doesn’t risk exposing the Brimstone House or his family, with unnecessary publicity, he has no appreciation of the concept of collateral damage.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Longclaw

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am

Longclaw:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 5
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat [Claws] 4 (+12), Deception 8 (+8.), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+6), Expertise [Survival] 9 (+12) Expertise [Theology & Philosophy] 6 (+6), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+10), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+6), Ranged Combat [Firearms] 2 (+7), Stealth 7 (+12)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Improved Critical [Claws], Improved Initiative, Languages [Base: Navajo; English], Luck [Determination], Luck [Determined Recovery], Power Attack, Ritualist, Takedown 2, Task Focus [Expertise [Magic]: Navajo Lore]

Powers: Fast Healer: Regeneration 3 (Extra: Persistent)
Enhanced Senses: Senses 8 [Olfactory (Acute, Analytical, Extended, Tracking), Detect Spirits (Radius, Ranged, Tracking)]
Claws: Strength-Based Damage 4 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Split, Subtle, Variable Descriptor [Piercing/Slashing])

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +12 // Unarmed Damage +4 // Claw Damage +8; critical 16-20
Ranged Attack +5 // Firearms Attack +7

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+5 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +11
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 24+ Advantages 19+ Powers 23+ Defenses 25= 147 pts.

Complicaitons:
Loyalty: Longclaw follows the orders of the senior members of the Brimstone House without question.

Temper: Longclaw has a bit of a temper control problem and can fly off the handle easily if taunted too much or he takes too many injuries in a fight.

Height: 5' 11"
Eye Color: Yellow

Background: In the works.....
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Jin Toju

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:58 am

Jin Toju:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 0

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Athletics 9 (+13), Close Combat [Swords] 2 (+10), Expertise [Samurai] 15 (+16), Expertise [Survival] 9 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 10 (+11), Insight 9 (+12), Intimidation 12 (+12), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 9 (+9), Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+10), Stealth 10 (+15)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Benefit [Ambidexterity], Assessment, Close Attack 2, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Evasion 2, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Demoralize, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Precise Attack [melee; cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack, Startle, Takedown 2, Trance

Powers: The Black Daisho: (Removable –4 pts) [19 pp]
Strike of the Oni: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating 10); (Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 3, Split Attack)
-One Hundred Handed Demons Lashing Out: Strength-Based Damage 6 (Extra: Multiattack 10)

Demonblooded Armor: (Removable –7 pts) [28 pp]
Heal Like A Demon: Regeneration 5 (Extra: Persistent)
Enhanced Fortitude 2
Immortality 2
Demonskin Hide: Protection 8
Heart of an Oni:
Immunity 1 [Aging]
Enhanced Advantages 3 [Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance]
No Spirit Can Hide: Senses 9 [Darkvision, Vision Counters all Concealment, Vision Counters Illusion]

the Darkwind Bow: (Removable –7 pts) [28 pp]
True Aim: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feat: Improved Critical 3)
-Casting Shadows on the Ground: Ranged Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Pinning Down the Grasshopper: Ranged Affliction [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Offense: Initiative +13
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +4 // Sword Attack +10 // Strike of the Oni Damage +10; critical 17-20 // One Hundred Handed Demons Lashing Out Damage +10
Ranged Attack +6 // Bow Attack +10 // True Aim Damage +10; critical 17-20 // Casting Shadows on the Ground Damage +10

Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+4 [*Demonblooded Armor]
Fortitude +8 [+10]
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 56+ Skills 37+ Advantages 29+ Powers 75+ Defenses 16= 213 pts.

Height: 6’ 1” [in armor]
Hair: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Complications:
Code of Honor: Jin Toju follows many of the ways of Bushido, such as not taking unfair advantage of an opponent and will not strike from surprise.

Hatred ~Demons: Jin Toju cannot stand demons of any kind.

Loyalty: Jin Toju completely follows the directions of Baron Twilight without question.

Background: Only Baron Twilight knows why Jin Toju serves the Brimstone House, but it is a duty he fulfills without hesitation or question. Between his skill with his weapons of choice, a traditional daisho and samurai bow, and with the powerful enchantments they hold there is little that he hasn’t been able to accomplish once he has set his mind to it.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Hellhound

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 am

Hellhound
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 8
Agility 8
Dexterity 8
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 4

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+11), Deception 12 (+16), Insight 12 (+15), Intimidation 12 (+15), Investigation 9 (+12), Expertise [Magic] 9 (+12), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 12 (+15), Ranged Combat [Hellfire] 4 (+12), Stealth 6 (+14)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Evasion, Fascinate [Deception], Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Feint, Improved Trick, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Skill Mastery [Stealth], Startle

Powers:
Demononic Physiology:
Leaping 3
Regeneration 3 (Extra: Persistent)
Speed 3
Tail: Extra Limb 1 (Feat: Improved Trip)
Shapeshift: Morph 3 [humanoids]
Horns & Claws: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Feat: Improved Critical 3)

Hellfire: Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Indirect 2)
-Emotion Control: Ranged Affliction 8 [Dazed, Compelled, Controlled; resisted by Will] (Extras: Perception, Sustained); (Feats: Subtle, Variable Descriptor [emotions]); (Flaw: Limited [controlling emotions])
-Silver Tongue of the Devil: Affliction 8 [Dazed, Controlled, Compelled; resisted by Will] (Extra: Continuous); (Feat: Subtle); (Flaw: Sense Dependent [audio])
Hellfire Aura: Damage 8 (Extra: Reaction)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +8

Parry +12
Toughness +8
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 86+ Skills 30+ Advantages 18+ Powers 88+ Defenses 21= 243 pts.

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 200 lbs
Eye Color: Orange

Complicaitons:
Loyalty: Hellound follows the orders of the senior members of the Brimstone House without question.

Secret: It’s possible that Hellhound is pursuing another agenda by working with the Brimstone House.

Weakness: Hellhound suffers more damage from holy items/effects.

Background: How, when or who reached out to Hellhound with membership in the Brimstone House isn't known but he’s been a member now for about a year and while he isn’t a recognized member of any of the houses within the Inner Circle, it’s clear that Hellhound works for any of them in pursuit of some goal that for now it seems he is keeping to himself.

One thing that has helped Hellhound is the fact that his looks have changed since he was part of the Shadow Academy; he now looks more demonic in nature, sporting larger horns as well as hind-like legs. His hellfire is also a different color now; instead of black it’s now orange for some reason.

So far Hellhound hasn’t offered any explanation as to why or how these changes have come about and nobody seems to be really asking either.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Hellfire

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 am

Hellfire:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+8.), Athletics 3 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Intimidation 8 (+11), Expertise [Magic] 6 (+8.), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation 9 (+12), Perception 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Breath Demonfire] 5 (+10), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 5 (+10)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Daze [Intimidation], Fearless, Improved Demoralize, Power Attack, Ritualist, Startle, Task Focus [Expertise (Magic): Demon Lore]

Powers: Demonic Host:
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])
Impervious Toughness 8
Regeneration 3
Senses 8 [Detect Souls (Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged, Tracking)]

Hellfire Control Array:
Breath Hellfire: Damage 10 (Extras: Area [Cone], Penetrating)
Hellfire Aura: Damage 8 (Extra: Reaction, Selective)
-Hellfire Wake: Affliction 8 [Dazed, Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Area [Line], Reaction [while moving at high speed],); (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Limited [directly behind him only])

Demonic Speed:
Enhanced Advantages 12 [Evasion 2, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative 6, Move-By Action, Redirect, Seize Initiative]
Quickness 10
Speed 10
Demonic Moves: Movement 7 [Air Walking 2, Sure-Footed 2, Wall-Crawling 2, Water Walking] (Flaw: Limited [Only when running])

Offense: Initiative +29
Melee Attack +8 // Unarmed Attack +8 // Unarmed Damage +8
Ranged Attack +5 // Breath Hellfire Damage +10

Parry +12
Toughness +8
Fortitude +12
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 76+ Skills 21+ Advantages 12+ Powers 132+ Defenses 24= 265 pts.

Height: 5’9” (as Allen West)/6’5” (as Hellfire)
Hair: Red (as Allen West)/None (as Hellfire)
Eye Color: Green (as )/Glowing Yellow (as Hellfire)

Complications:
Normal Identity: In his identity of Allen West, Hellfire has no powers.

Not Part of the Team: Allen West is an unwilling host to Hellfire and is held prisoner by the Brimstone House during the times that Hellfire has to return control over their shared body to him. Given the chance he’d leave them in an attempt to have Hellfire exorsiced.

Vulnerable: Hellfire takes more damage from holy items/effects.

Background: Allen West is the unwilling host to a demon thanks to the Brimstone House, who wanted the creature in service to them. Most of the time the demon, who calls itself Hellfire, is in control but periodically it must give up control of the shared body. During those times Allen is held prisoner by the Brimstone House to prevent him from depriving them of an agent they value.

How or why he was chosen to be the host for the demon is a question Allen has asked several times but still has yet to receive an answer.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Empress

Postby Tattooedman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 am

Empress:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 3
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 5
Presence 5

Skills: Close Combat [Swords] 6 (+10), Deception 7 (+12/+14), Expertise [Art] 6 (+9), Expertise [Business] 5 (+8.), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+9), Expertise [Magic] 8 (+12), Insight 9 (+14), Investigation 7 (+10), Perception 9 (+14), Persuasion 7 (+12/+14), Ranged Combat [Silver Eye of Akron] 7 (+11), Ranged Combat [Pistols] 6 (+10), Sleight of Hand 7 (+10), Stealth 9 (+12)

Advantages: Attractive, Equipment 2, Fascinate [Deception], Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Languages 2 [French, Latin], Ranged Attack, Ritualist, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Trance, Ultimate Effort 2 [Ultimate Deception Skill, Ultimate Insight Skill]

Powers: Cloaking Spell: Visual & Mystical Concealment 5 (Extra: Affects Others]
-Fortune Telling: Senses 8 [Precognition, Postcognition] (Flaw: Medium [tarot deck])
Mystical Awareness: Senses 5 [Detect Magic (Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged)]

Enchanted Mail Hauberk: (Removable -4 pts) [16 pp]
Deep Pockets: Dimensional Pocket 1
Immaculate Appearance: Feature 1 [Always clean]
Protective Wards:
Immunity 4 [Critical Hits, Disease, Poison]
Protection 8 (Extra: Impervious 5)

Silver Eye of Akron: (Removable –20 pts) [80 pp]
Powerful Artifact: Feature [Indestructible]
Tied to the Family: Feature [Only Useable by Specific Family Bloodline]
Hovering Orb: Flight 2
Silver Fire Array:
Sparkling Wave of Silver Fire: Nullify Magic 11 (Extras: Area, Broad, Selective, Simultaneous, Sustained)
-Cone of Silver Fire: Ranged Damage 11 (Extras: Area [Cone], Penetrating)
-Silver Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Penetrating); (Power Feat: Homing 4)
-Silver Fire Burst: Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Area [Burst], Penetrating)
-Roaring Silver Fireballs: Audio & Visual Affliction [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst], Cumulative); (Feat: Variable [audio & visual])
-Silver Ribbons: Ranged Affliction 11 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Silver Fury: Move Object 11 (Extra: Damaging); (Feat: Precise)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +4 // Sword Attack +10 // Sword Damage +
Ranged Attack +4 // Pistol Attack +10 // Silver Eye of Akron Attack + // Pistol Damage +

Defense: Dodge +11
Parry +11
Toughness +11*/+3 [*Enchanted Mail Hauberk (Impervious 5)]
Fortitude +7
Will +12

Equipment: Light Pistol [Ranged Damage 3]
-Fencing Sword [Strength-Based Damage 2; critical 19-20]
3 ep free as needed

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 36+ Advantages 15+ Powers 117+ Defenses 26= 246 pts.

Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 123 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Vain: Empress is used to having men (and some women in certain cases) fall about themselves in an effort to impress her personally and can become frustrated when people show some form of resistance to her feminine wiles.

Motivation ~Power: Empress works for the Brimstone House in an effort to increase her family’s power base.

Background: Grace and brutality makes for a strange juxtaposition, but succinctly describes Evangeline Summerfield’s upbringing. Her family has long used the occult to maintain their position and primacy over their holdings; not that her relatives had much power, but even the slightest of magical talent, when used ruthlessly enough, can go a long way to maintaining an iron hold over the superstitious inhabitants of a rural area, particularly when backed by the right stories and rumors strategically planted and cultivated over a long enough period of time.

When Evangeline was born, she already had two brothers who stood to inherit everything between them, and neither cared much for losing even the slightest amount of attention to her. She was raised with all the privileges her family’s wealth and status could provide and was taught to be a proper lady. This was the plan, at least; she had other ideas. Skillfully manipulating tutors and servants from an early age, Evangeline got her way and also learned the subjects her brothers studied, even those as archaic and seemingly pointless as fencing. She grew up fully aware her family’s cultured image was just that, an image. Her relatives hated each other, maneuvering for the slightest advantage and more than willing to use extreme methods.

Then Evangeline learned of the Silver Eye of Akron, an artifact of great power that had not been seen in almost a century, which she set out to claim as her own. It took Evangeline almost a year, a good portion of her inheritance as well as the majority of the guides she’d hired to navigate the remote location she’d managed to figure out was the holding place of the Silver Eye.

Evangeline returned home, drunk with power she‘d claimed, and left her entire family either dead or raving lunatics and the ancestral estate engulfed in flames. The Summerfield legacy perished that day, but Evangeline moved on. With her new tool, connections, and presence, teachers and employers were never hard to find. Eventually Empress, as Evangeline named herself, met Baron Twilight, a member of the inner circle of the Brimstone House, and a dreadful alliance was born.

-- Chiun
Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call