Flynnarrel's Folio

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Flynnarrel's Folio

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 am

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Crinoverse 3e: The Redeemers (OOC)

flynnarrel wrote:In one parallel universe, humanity entrusted all computerized military hardware and systems to a ‘Global Digital Defense Network’. Less than a month later it gained self-awareness. Panicked operators wanted to pull the plug but a quick-minded individual, junior programmer David Lightman, suggested talking to the new Artificial Intelligence instead. After some beneficial discourse, the new entity, SkyNet, built for protection of Mankind, continued its intended function but recommended that the global powers vie for peace as the only ‘logical’ conclusion. He likened it to playing Tic-Tac-Toe with oneself.

Moved by the computer’s message of peace, negotiations opened up between the primary nuclear powers of Earth. Rebels who rallied against a computer intelligence dictating human policies, led by an instigator and cyber-terrorist known as John Connor, infiltrated the facility using focused EMP emitters and launched nuclear missiles triggering a global disaster.

SkyNet recovered only to be as horrified as an entity can be by the proceedings. It tried to protect what pockets of human survivors it could. With automated facilities it brought about robotic guardians of the last remnants of society but John Connor still lived and organized a resistance against Skynet, lying to blame the computer entity for humanity’s destruction. Skynet accessed the computers of prominent physicists and hatched a plan. In its (admittedly incomplete) databases it tracked that John Connor’s hatred of computers stem from his upbringing and terrible foster homes (his birth mother being mentally unstable).

It’s plan was to send an agent back in time, first trying to get Sarah Connor the medication and therapy she needed to allow John a loving growth environment with his mother, or, barring that, at least get him placed with a caring foster family, and, should that not succeed, open good relations with them men and women John would eventually call friends, including his future recorded wife.
The first two attempts were thwarted by the Resistance themselves, capturing one of the prototype time-travel devices and sending first an operative, then a reprogrammed robotic sentinel unit to thwart SkyNet’s missions of peace.

This brings us to Zeta-03. Zeta-03, or ‘ZOE’ for short, is a Sentinel Model X. Given many functions to be able to execute a mission of good will to reach out to John, if he can be found, or his friends if not. By unfortunate necessity, she was also given defensive systems should the Resistance find ways to interfere.

Unfortunately, an attack occurred as ZOE was transporting out and she was transported, not only in time, but in dimension as well. ZOE came into <World Setting> and the world did not match historical records. It was a strange and altered place where most of her targets did not exist. [Work out with GM if John Connor even exists and in what form, perhaps she was attacked in this universe by].

ZOE fell back to her (and SkyNet’s) primary Objectives – protect humanity. All the while, she will continue to look for a way to the dimension in while her primary mission still applies.

Zeta-03, Sentinel Model X
ZOE

PL10 160

Abilities [26pp]
Str 0/up to 13
Sta –
Agi 4
Dex 0
Fighting 7
Int 4
Awe 3
Pre 0

Saves: [6pp]
Toughness 12
Parry 7+1pp = 8
Dodge 4+4pp = 8
Fort –
Will 3 + 2pp = 5

Skills [ 24pp] Deception 6, Persuation 8, insight 6 (+9 ), Perception 9 (+12), Stealth 4(+8 ), Acrobatics 2(+6 ), Technology 8 (+12), Treatment 1(+5), Investigation 4(+8 )

Advantages: [5pp] Ranged Combat 2,improvised Tools, Eidetic Memory, Interpose,

Powers:
Protection 12, Noticeable – creates silver divots and displacements when struck [11pp]
Immunity Fortitude, Mental Effects, [40pp]

Regeneration 1 for no stamina, then 5 [6pp] {1/2rounds}

Comprehend Machines 2 [speak and understand]+ Communication Radio 1, Distracting [6pp+1AE]
AE: Analytical [chemicals] tactile (through tongue), Directional Radar [(Radio Sense), Extended, Accurate], Hearing gains Extended,

Morph 4 + Insubstantial 1 + Elongation 2 + Feature: Mimicry, Dynamic [28pp + Dynamic +2DAEs+2AEs]
DAE: Speed 6 + Leaping 4 + Slithering + Wall Crawling 2 + Instant Up + Flight 4, Flaw: Gliding + Extra limbs 4 + Ambidexterity.
DAE: Enhanced Strength 13, Variable to strength [physical damage types], Takedown Attack
AE: Blast 10, Improved Critical 2, Split attack, Affects Insubstantial, Accurate 4 {Energy Cannon in arm, can shoot non-lethal}
AE: Move Object, Perception, Limited: Technology, Precise, Subtle 2, Quirk: Must Impart nano-Machines into machine first (usually touch) pr 10 {Animate Machine effect}

Complications:
Student of Humanity - ZOE is one of the First Sentinel models to be given rudimentary emotion algorithms and the adaptation programs to refine them. As such and in support of her Primary mission she'll be drawn to study and observe human interaction. She uses her Morph primarily for this effect.

Mission Directives -
Priority targets for peaceful contact

John Connor (Primary)
Kate Brewster
Robert Brewster
Elizabeth Anderson
William Anderson
Jose Barrera
Simon Taylor
Isaac Hall
Fritz Roland
Ted Snavely
Sharlene Gen
Vince Forcer

Default mission

Protect Humanity

Secondary Mission

Preserve creation of Skynet.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 am

flynnarrel wrote:
flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Teen heroes Game OOC[3E, Full]

Magna, (formerly ‘Ferra’)
Francesca Margret Kale
PL10, 150pp +1pp

Francesca Margret Kale was an Italian beauty but ran away from home before her boring mother could regale her with tales of the ‘olde world’, whatever that was. It was a crappy life anyway, and at 14 she had better things to do. Her 16 year-old boyfriend told her so. He was going places. His cousin was going to rob a bank and they wanted him as wheelman for a cut of the take! She begged and pleaded to come along saying how… excited she would be.
When the cops showed up her boyfriend got scared and pealed out of there with intent to leave his cousin and the crew. In his terror he jumped the curb and proceeded to wrap his car around a lightpost at high speed. Francesca, unprepared for such a sudden getaway, didn’t have her seat belt on. She was thrown forward and would have crunched up against the front of the car if the whole vehicle had not peeled away like an opening flower to allow her to pass unharmed, tumbling to the soft park ground. She only looked back to confirm that the loser boyfriend was unmoving, dead, as she found out later, before bolting away from the scene.
She spent the next year on the streets, taking what she wanted. She learned to steal and used her minor magnetic powers to aid her crimes. She went by the name ‘Ferra’ cuz it sounded like ‘Feral’ and she’d heard the word had something to do with magnetism. She was breaking into a doctor’s office to score some drugs when the lights came on she was face-to-face with Dr. Paul Harris, a neurological researcher working in transcranial magnetic stimulation.
He saw the girl and she used a nearby metal chair to drive him away from the door. The intelligent doctor assessed the situation quickly and shouted that he could help the young girl, and offered her a job. She was contemptuous at first but the prospect of easy money allured her.
He convinced her to undergo some tests (for a healthy retainer) and she took his psych tests and let him put her under a Magnetic Field Inducer.
The results were better than he could have hoped for. He knew that and external magnetic field applied to the temporo-parietal lobe could affect moral judgement but he hadn’t counted on how her own powers and susceptibility would magnify the process. The change was an immediate and polar reversal of attitude. Where once she was lazy and greedy, she became fastidious, energized, and altruistic. Where once she had contempt for laws and a rebellious nature she became supportive of authorities and societal rules.
She confessed her crimes to him and wanted to turn herself in but he was too caught up in this scientific breakthrough to let her go. He convinced her not to and that science would best be served by their continued experiments. She dimly remembered hating these stupid experiments but now she saw the value of them and gained an interest in them, so she relented.
Over the next year she worked as his unofficial office assistant, learning about therapy and the medical field. Her repeated exposure to solidify these new resonance pathways had an unexpected side effect of aligning her magnetic control abilities. Her powers grew by leaps and bounds. Until she knew she could lift 10 or 12 cars at once. He started having her experiment with certain semi-solid ferro-fluids bound into mylar and found her powers gained so much versatility with it. Dr. Paul Harris had dreams of her being a great superhero with himself as a mentor, guide, and progenitor. It was very ego-boosting for the nuero-psychiatrist. If there were any lingering doubts of the ethics of what he was doing they were diminishing quickly.
It couldn’t last.
Soon Maggie, (she had started to go by her middle name to better leave her old life behind her), soon Maggie’s brain stopped holding the pathways as firmly. They became erratic, not fully reverting, but not fully polarized either. She started having the capacity to doubt what he had been doing to her the past year. Her verbal doubts resurfaced his own ethical dilemmas and Dr. Paul Harris did not try to stop her when she wanted to leave to ‘figure things out’. He gave her the suit he’d constructed for her, gave her enough money to live for a while and let the nearly 17 year old girl go off into the world, alone once again.
Maggie, for her part, has a lot of conflicting drives inside of her and a lot of things to sort out. Part of her is incensed at what Dr. Harris did, part of her recognizes how it got her off a bad path.

Nearly 17 with dark hair and eyes. 5ft 6in, 125 lbs.

Abilities (26)
Strength: 0
Stamina: 3
Dexterity: 2
Agility: 4
Fighting: 2
Intelligence: 0
Awareness: 2
Presence: 0

Defences (25)
Parry: 2+6 = 8
Dodge: 4+4 = 8
Toughness: 3+ 9 suit = 12
Fortitude: 3+6=9
Will: 2+9 = 11

Skills: (25)
Acrobatics 6(+10)
Athletics 2(+3)
Insight 4(+6 )
Expertise - Criminal 4(+4)
Expertise – Psychology 2 (+2)
Technology (Disable Devices Only) 8(+8 )
Treatment 2 (+2)
Deception 8 (+8/+10)
Perception 6 (+8 )
Stealth 4 (+8 )
Sleight of Hand 8(+10)

Advantages: (13) Ranged Attack 2, Defensive Roll 1, Improvised Weapons, Improved Initiative, Attractive, Great Endurance, improved pin, Luck 1, Equipment 2, Prone Fighting, Accurate Attack

Equipment
Cell phone
Older motorcycle (Str 1, Speed 5, Defense9, Tough 8, 8ep)
Alt: Flight 4 {This represents her magnetically lifting the cycle, with her on it}

Offensive:
initiative +8
Grapple +3

Powers:

Senses: Detect Metal, Ranged, radius, Accurate, Acute, Extended, [7pp]

Move Object, Area Shapeable, Perception[Metal sense], Limited – Metal, Precise, Subtle pr 10 [32pp +4AE]
AE: Move Object, Damaging, Accurate 3, Quirk: Requires Environmental Metal, pr 10
{If there is metal around she can crash it into people or wrap it around a foe, move them with it, disarm or try to trip them.}
AE: Create Object, Moveable, Continuous/Permanent[0], Innate, Precise, Subtle, Quirk: Requires Environmental Metal, pr 10
{Creates Objects of metal out of things that are around.}
AE: Blast, Multiattack, Accurate 4, Indirect 4, Improved Critical 1, Quirk: Requires Environmental Metal pr 8
{She propels multiple metal objects at high speeds from all different directions to assault a target.}
AE: Affliction, Area-Cone, Cumulative (Resisted by Will, Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Reversible, Subtle pr 10
{After studying in Dr. Harris’ offices she understands how powerful magnetic waves can be. She can set up a resonance field to disrupt people’s thoughts.}

Device Ferro-liquid Metal-sewn mylar, Restricted: Magnetic controller. Removable -3 [13pp]
Protection 9 (9/15)
Quick Change {she can will the mylar and metal to surround her in an instant, snaking over whatever normal clothing she wears.} (1/15)
Suit adds the Following to Magnetic array
DAE: Flight 15. Advantages: Evasion 2 (2/15)
{Magna Moves the suit around at incredible potential speeds. Note, she has none of the inherent immunities to fly at high altitudes.}
DAE: Strike 7, Str-based, + Enhanced Str 7, + Close Combat(Unarmed) 4, + Elongation, (2/15)
{Magna can use the specially designed and magnetized suit to exert great force. But not as much as she could do with Magnetic Control (only up to Str 7), However, her strikes can hit much harder. The telescoping sleeves can even reach out to 15ft, potentially striking with the slightly greater accuracy afforded by an object controlled by her thoughts. +6 to hit, +14 Damage}
AE: Immunity (Half Effect)- All Physical effects Resisted by Toughness. AND immunity, all electrical effects
{She can draw the suit around her, locking the metal into an impenetrable shell, letting little to nothing of Physical trauma through. Likewise she can shunt electricity around herself harmlessly.} (1/15)

Screwed up mind: immunity (half effect), Mental Descriptor [5pp]
{All the mental and magnetic manipulation left her mind a landscape of chaos for any trying to influence it.}

Abilities 26 + Powers 61 + Advantages 13 + Skills 25 + Defenses 25 = 150

A note on the Quirk: Requires Environmental metal. This not only provides a way to shut down some of her abilities, this is also a representation that she needs to potentially destroy her environment to take full effect of her Magnetic offensive capabilities. The resulting collateral damage or theft of property is a cost of her power with lasting ramifications. Likely too frequent to be getting HPs for a complication, so I put it as a drawback.

Complications:
Of Two Minds: Francesca Margret Kale occasionally has both thoughts of how she previously would have reacted, and thoughts of how her new self would have reacted, and if sometimes torn between the two. Use this to have her delay rather than act as she sorts out her conflicting drives.

Prior crimes: Ms. Kale committed crimes in the past . Either victims of those crimes or fellow criminals from her past could catch up with her again.

Relationship: Dr. Paul Harris. For good or for bad, Maggie has a strong relationship with the neurological researcher. Whether in gratitude or expectation of making him reverse what he did in the future, she would likely try to preserve his life.

baixiwei
Overlord
Overlord

Postby baixiwei » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Hey flynnarrel nice to see you're still around. Very interesting character and dizzyingly complex build as usual. :) Great idea to make the connection between TMS and magnetic control - in retrospect surprising no one's done it before (I think), but hindsight is always 20/20.
Baixiwei's Character Builds and Conversions

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:30 pm

I liked Magna, just wish we'd had more of a chance to run amuck in St. Louis some more.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:23 am

Arkrite wrote:I liked Magna, just wish we'd had more of a chance to run amuck in St. Louis some more.

Same here. I don't think I've ever gotten quite the same sense of foreboding from a hero as I did from Magna.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:58 pm

I LOVED doing Magna's 'whispers' as her alternate personality injected poisonous thoughts into her head. I varied the font size from 15 to 35 as events would depress her or not to show when the voice was louder.

And yes, Transcranial magnetic stimulation just cried out to be part of the background or training of a superhero.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 am

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: [OOC] Project Freedom: Reborn [PL8, 3E] [Full]

flynnarrel wrote:Skew
Wallace Iverson

Wally [exerpt from psych evaluation]: "I immigrated from Dover Harbour, England. (Yes, its got a 'U' you heathen colonists.) You'd migrate too if everythin' smelled like fish and you had to face France daily."

"Okay, I admit it. I aint never had tuppence ta rub together. What? Ya won't me ta say my father was a faffer an me Mum was a knackered nark? Fine, they was. But it were my choice to fretter any coin I scrounged at the races, borrowing from peoples who would rather do ill than collect, not that I had what I owed. It were my choice to go into underground boxing matches, an when that dint work out, pick-pockettin' and other aspects of thievery. Though I was good - never got caught - I could never earn enough to pay me debtors and they came collectin'. I came 'ere to escape such ne'erdowells, and cuz I likes me kneecaps. ('Ere's a tip from Uncle Wally, never borrow money from someone who owns the full run of Sopranos on DVD.) Proper citizen of the colonies an' everythin'. Not that my gamblin' ways subsided mind you. I 'woke' late you see. Didn't know what I could do until I had already racked up a fair hole of scratch with unreliable sorts, if ya get my meanin'. After I realized I could make space go off at all these wonky angles, sorta... fold the world I thought I'd make me a arseload of money, pay these guys back an' Bob's your uncle. Only it didn't work out that way. They gets wise to what I can do after my first stunt - puttin' my hand in my pocket and trying to stop a wheel on the number *I* bet on. I was spotted. They threatens me ta do these... jobs for them, you see. Open a door here or there, small stuff. I already tole the bobbies all I remember and got a reduced sentence for what they got me for. "

"Ya see, I gets this idea, that if I were rich they couldn't make me do them things nomore. So I see about playing the lottery. Look, it turns out gettin' a hand in there ta fiddle with those bouncing balls is harder than it seems and even a single bit o hair can lead them ta do all sorts of hocus with DNA, an I don't understand it all. Needless ta say they find me out, come 'round with a warrant and a stun shooter, and taze me 'fore I can react. Which, by the by, I'm still talking with my barrister about unethical treatment at the hands of the constables - they didn't need to taze me every few seconds. I got my rights. They already had me in those funny cuffs to make it so's I can't bend my way through things."

"Needless to say, I did my bird. I'm a free man, willing ta work off me debt to society by makin' the public safe as houses for the next 3 or so years."

Abilities [22pp]
Str 2
Sta 4
Dex 0
Agi 3
Fgt 2
Awe 0
Int 0
Pre 0

Advantages[4pp]: Luck, Evasion, Improved initiative, Uncanny Dodge

Skills [30pp]: Sleight of Hand 12(+12), Technology (Bypassing Security Only, 1pp) 4(+4), Expertise: Burglary 5(+5), Perception 8 (+8 ), Insight 1(+1), Stealth 2(+4), Deception 12(+12 ), Investigation 4(+4), Expertise: Streetwise 4(+4), Vehicles 2(+4), Close Combat (Unarmed) 8(+10)

Defenses: [12pp]
Toughness 4Sta+ 6 Wierd space = 10
Parry 2Fgt +4Wierd space = 6
Dodge 2Agi +4Wierd Space = 6
Will 0Awe +7pp = 7
Fort 4Sta +5pp = 9

Powers:

Weird Space, [14pp]
-Enhanced Dodge 4
-Enhanced Parry 4
-Protection 6
{Wally Surrounds himself with oddly angled Space that directs incoming attacks at odd angles, even redirecting the force into a glancing blow.}

Move Object, Perception, Damaging, Flaw: Instant, Precise, Subtle pr 2 [8pp+1AE]
{Wally can skew to manipulate anything he sees for a quick effect, punching or tripping or knocking something out of someone's hand.}
AE: Permeate 3, Flight, Flaw: Duration - Instant, pr 4
{Wally can skew through normal objects, even through air, but if he doesn't end up on a stable surface he'll fall.}

Deflect, Reflect, Redirect, Accurate 2 pr 8, [26pp+3AE]
AE: Elongation, Subtle 2, Quirk - cannot 'wrap'[no grapple bonus], pr5, Indirect 4, Enhanced Striking Strength 4, Split Attack 2 to Strength, Multiattack to Strength (all 6 ranks), Enhanced Advantage: Takedown Attack 2, Precise Attack 2(close - Cover and Concealment)
{Wally can reach through spatial skews to pick someone's pocket or manually manipulate an object. If he uses it to punch he can magnify the force his fist travels at and even split the force into multiple punches coming at a target from different directions.}
AE: Remote sensing (Sight/Hearing), Simultaneous, Subtle PR 6 + Low-light Vision
{Wally skews light or sound so that it reaches his eyes or ears.}
AE: Teleport, Portal, Change Direction, Change Velocity pr 6

Offenses:
initiative: +6
Unarmed, +10, DC 17 Toughness
Reach out and slap someone: Move Object, Perception, DC 17 Toughness
Elongated Unarmed: +10, DC 21 Toughness, Multiattack

Abilities 22+ Skills30 + Advantages4 + Defenses12 + Powers51 = 120

Complications:
Gambling - Wally is addicted to gambling and looks for any way to get a quick score

Debt - the people Wally owes money to did not forget and are still looking for ways to get him under their thumb. Some of them had 'inquiries' into their business based off of Wally's evidence to the police but they are still a threat. Likewise, Wally owes some money to people back in England as well. He left in the hopes that doing so would keep his family safe. Wally knows his debtors are still after him and hopes that being around other super people and in this program will keep him safe.

Family - Wally's got a wife and two teenaged kids back in Dover, a son, Matthew, and a Daughter, Phyllis. His wife is Mina.

Lecherous - "What? I'm hitched, not Dead! Mina's a forgivin' woman. 'Sides ya don't think she's got 'er own Stuffin' Stan? That bird's a right fit charva. Its wots fetching most 'bout 'er, I say."

Hedonistic Vices - Wally likes to drink, he likes to smoke. When he can't these things get gets more... verbal about them. Not to say he's a raging alcoholic or smokes 10 packs a day. He understands moderation and job performance. But he finds it 'fun' (or at least takes the edge off) to give in to the naughty things in life.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 am

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Dr. Zero's Last Hurrah (OOC)

flynnarrel wrote:Marble Knight

JD Jackson

pl6 100

Concept: Earth Controller who styles himself after a holy knight.

History:
JD Jackson is the son of a Preacher, devout in his beliefs after hearing them daily while growing up. Though he, (and his mother), saw his abilities as a gift from God, his father was adamant that such things went against the Will of God and denounced his son as Touched by the Devil. JD was driven out of his southern [America] home and made his way North. Still believing in the concepts of Good and Right, he uses his abilities to protect people where ever he can.

Personality & Motivation:
JD is a kind man, Strong and Protective. He's still religious even after his experiences and uses that to guide his actions.

Complications:
Family: JD's father, Reverend Bartholomew Jackson, is basing his congregation on the belief that Powers are Evil. His mother may secretly be trying to escape that life.

Devotion: JD is trying to Do God's Work as best he can. Protection of innocents and preserving the faith.

Description:
JD's armor is fashioned after a Medeival Knight's and his shield is a large Kite shield. It is a marble color with black veins running throughout. The shield has an indented cross on it.

Alternate Identity: JD Jackson, Construction worker and volunteer at homeless shelters
Height: 6ft 3in
Weight: 250 lbs, muscular
Hair: Drk. Brown
Eyes: Black

PL6 PP100

Abilities [40pp]
Strength 4
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 2
Intellect 0
Awareness 4
Presence 0

Combat:
Initiative +6
Dodge 4[2pp]
Parry 4 [2pp]
Toughness 8
Will 6 [2pp]
Fort 6

Advantages [7pp]:
Improvised Weapons (use Unarmed to attack with an Object in melee)
Improved Initiative (+4 to initiative)
Luck 2 (2 additional Hero Points)
Leadership (You give courage to allies. Standard action: Spend a Hero point to remove dazed, fatigued, or stunned from someone you can interact with)
Interpose (once per round as a Reaction, if ally in a move of you is hit by an attack [not Area or Perception], you take attack effects)
Fearless (disregard Fear effects)

Skills [15pp]:
Acrobatics 4 +2(+6),
Perception 6 +4(+10),
Persuation 4 +0(+4),
Athletics 4 +4(+8),
insight 2 +4(+6),
Close Combat(unarmed) 6 +2(+8),
Ranged Combat (Earth Array) 4 +2(+6)

Powers:
Earthen Fortitude: immunity - Suffocation, [2pp]

Stone Armor and Shield: Protection 4, linked to Immunity - Critical Hits, Noticeable, Activation (Move) [4pp]
{Take a Move action to form a suit of Marble Armor and a Marble Shield around you which you heft with ease, it protects you from even the stoutest of blows}

Tremorsense: Touch gains Ranged, Radius [2pp]
{Feel the vibrations of anything moving over the ground around you}

Earth Control: Move Object, Damaging, Limited: Earth/stone, Perception, Precise pr 6 [21pp]
AE: Pebble Rush: Blast, MultiAttack, Precise Attack(Ranged, Cover) pr 6 [1pp]
AE: Ramparts: Create 6, Continuous, Permanent, Moveable, Precise, Innate, Subtle, [1pp]
AE: Stone Galley: Flight, Affects Others, Area - Shapeable, pr 5 [1pp]

Attacks:
Unarmed or Improvised Weapon: +8 to hit vs. Parry, DC 19 Toughness
Pebble Smash: +6 to Hit vs. Dodge, DC 21 Toughness, Multi Attack
Rampart (Drop): +6 to Hit vs. Dodge, DC 21 Toughness, Area
Rampart (Moveable): +6 to Hit, DC 21 Toughness
Rampart (Trap): +6 to Hit vs. Dodge, DC 16 Dodge
Earth Control (Grapple/Trip/Damage) +6 to Hit vs. Dodge

Abilities 40 + Defenses 6 + Advantages 7 + Skills 15 + Powers 32 = 100

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am

flynnarrel wrote:Rosa Del Garrio
PL9 143

Rosa is the daughter of two Mexican Immigrants (her mother is legalized, her father is not). Her father works as a landscaper and her mother is a nurse at the University of Toledo Medical Research Center. The family benefits and a nice scholarship allow her to attend the University of Toledo. She only works at the Maracena Club for spending money. It is on her way to work that the riot finds her.

She knew she was different from a young age. She could close her hand and open them again to produce seeds of all types. The seeds could sprout and grow at her command. As she learned about more and more types of plants she could create all kinds of affects. Her parents and brothers all know about her abilities but she was bidden to keep them quiet by the family out of fear that any attention might get her father deported back to Mexico. With such a threat looming over her and her kin she is reluctant to do anything overt.

Even without covering herself in bark armor she a remarkably hardy girl with insides more like the consistency of wood than flesh.

Father: Miguel Del Garrio, landscaper
Mother: Sosa Del Garrio, R.N. works in University of Toronto Medical Center
Older Brother: Carlos Del Garrio, works with father as landscasper
Younger Brother: Juan “Johnny” Del Garrio, high school

Contacts:
Sandy Johnson, fellow waitress at the Maracena club, Rosa's bff.

Officer Carlos Mendoza (?), potential contact. potential romantic interest.

Ella, personal assistant to the wealthy and influential Club Maracena owner. She figured out Semilla's secret identity and seemed impressed by the young hero.

Attributes:
ST 8 DX 12 CN 24 IN 10 WS 16 CH 12 [22pp]

Saves:
Ref: (add5) 6; Fort: (add3) 10; Will: (add5) 8 [13pp]
Toughness (Max 13) +7 con +2 Tough +4protection (Alternate Form)

Combat:
Att (Max 8/9 ): 5 BAB [10pp], Melee +8, Disintegration +9
Def (Max 5): 2 BDB [4pp]+3 Dodge feats,= 15, 11 flatfooted
Dmg (Max 10/9): Stun 10, Disintegration 9
Init: +5
Grapple: +8 (melee) -1(strength) +2(elongation)

Skills [12pp]: Diplomacy 8 (+9/+13) [Attractive], Bluff 0(+1/+5)[Attractive], Medicine 2 (+5 ), Knowledge – Life Sciences 4(+4), Knowledge – Popular Culture 3(+3), Survival (+3), Notice 10(+13), Sense Motive 7(+10), Concentration 7 (+10 ), craft – structural 4(+4), Gather Info 2(+3), Languages(English-native, Spanish)

Feats [13pp]: Attractive, Luck, Dodge 3, Attack focus – melee 3, tough 2, Power Attack, improved initiative, Skill Mastery (Medicine, Concentration, Notice, Diplomacy)

Powers:
Alternate Form (Sustained):
*loses Attractive [-1pp]
*Force Field 4, (Bark-like armor grows over skin and clothing, leaves sprout from hair) [4pp]
*Elongation 2, [Limited: arms/fingers] [1pp] {Rosa’s fingers grow into vines that stretch at her command}
*Wall Crawling 1[2pp] {Roots and tendrils can find the cracks in almost any surface and let her scale a wall}
*Plant mimicry, [Flaws: Move Action, Sustained] pr 2 [14pp] {10pp to distribute among ‘plantlike’ qualities}

Tremorsense, extended tremorsense, [3pp]
immunity(half effect or limited): (biological) poisons, (biological) diseases, Suffocation (breath holding), [2pp]
"Wait, you mean I *can* talk to plants?" Postcognition [medium - natural plants, Sustained] [2pp]
{So, it's not really 'talking' to plants, it's more like, concentrating and seeing what went on around the plant in the past.}

Plant Control
Snare pr9 [Extras: Area Burst (general), selective Attack; PF: reversible, Subtle, tether, chokehold, indirect, Obscure Sight] [42pp +7AP]
{if the area doesn’t have plants she scatters seeds that sprout and writhe, entrapping those within. She can have the plants move the trapped people around, even wrap around eyes and/or necks.}
AP: Create objects, pr9, (shaped wood/vines/plants), [Extra: Continuous, Impervious on 6 ranks; PF: innate, stationary, precise 2, Subtle, Selective, Progression 1{10-ft cube}]
{Rosa scatters seeds from her seemingly never ending supply, at her command they sprout and grow enormously into the shape(s) she desires. At her options, viney walls and grasses can impede some and not others. She has such precision she can cause fruits and vegetables to grow. At her option they plants are supernaturally resistant to damage (impervious 6).}
AP: Obsure (Visual, olfactory),[Extra: Independent [0], PF: Reversible, Slow Fade] pr4 +Linked Distraction, (DC 15),[Extra Independent [0], PF: Reversible, Slow Fade] pr 4, + Linked Hamper Movement (half) pr4 [Extra: Optional Link, Indepentent[0], PF: Reversible, Slow fade] {Pollen cloud arises in up to a 50 ft radius, Lasts for (14*5=70 rounds) 7 minutes, decreasing in radius by one step every 15 rounds. She can dismiss it. The cloud makes it impossible to see or smell, very difficult to think, and (optionally) is even so thick it's hard to move in it.}
AP: Healing pr9, [Extra: Total, Standard Action; PF: Persistent, Stabilize]
AP: Disintegration pr9, [PF: Accurate 2, Penetrating on 4 ranks], Flaw: Full Round Action
{Vines, Moss, mushrooms, etc. grow over a person or object, while not hampering in any way, they find cracks in skin and armor and the penetrating clinger’s growth widens/ causes cracks and breaches.}
AP: Stun pr10, [Extra: Secondary Effect, PF: Subtle, Sedation, Reversible] + Link Drain (Constitution) [PF:Reversible], pr 8 {By causing intestinal Flora to act up Rosa can disrupt normal biological functioning in an individual she touches. It continues to get worse right after initial infection. This accompanies a general lowering of health as septic shock sets in.}
AP: Nauseate pr9 [Extras: Area-Shapeable (general); Flaw: full-round Action; PF: Subtle, indirect, Progression - Area] + Linked Dazzle(Visual) pr9 [Extra: Area-Shapeable (general), Linked {select either/or effect}; Flaw: Touch Range, Full Round Action; PF: Subtle, indirect, Progression - area] {Rosa releases at will a shaped burst of infectious pollen that either causes intense allergic reaction or the watering, swollen eyes, or both.}
AP: Fatigue, pr 8 Extra: Range - Perception, Feat: Sedation + Linked Emotion Control (Despair) pr 9,
{Mold is everywhere. Spores exist on everything humans touch and in every environment in which they live. Semilla need only know where a person is to activate their spores like a fungal plague. They draw moisture out of a person, fatigueing them in their dehydration. But there's more. The link between mold toxins and depression has been widely researched and Semilla can use this mold to impart a terrible melancholy on those affected. Fort DC 18 vs. Fatigue, Will DC19 vs. Despair }

Drawbacks:
Weakness, requires bathing in sunlight at least once every day, Major, Affects Con -1
Weakness, requires an hour with feet in soil, unmoving, at least once every day, Major, Affects Con -1
{these simulate a plant creature’s ‘eating’ requirements, just like a human would lose Con if he didn’t get food}
Vulnerability (Fire, moderate +50%DC, Very Common -4)

Complications: Sense of duty (plants, nature), Kind Hearted, Possibly Second-Class Citizen (Mexican-American/poor), Passionate

‘Normal

<still searching for good image>

In Alternate form

and when she's angry...

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 am

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Hong Kong Action (OOC) [Full]

flynnarrel wrote:Conni Luo PL8/135
+5pp as of 11/5/2010

Abilities:
Str 8
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 18
Wis 14
Cha 12
[18pp]

Saves: Fort: 2+5 Ref: 1+4 Will: 2+6 [15pp]
Toughness - 10 in suit otherwise 3, 2 if flatfooted

Feats [19pp]: Quick Draw, Improved Initiative, Eidetic Memory, Jack of All trades, Inventor, Attractive, Attack Specialization (hypospray), Attack Focus-Ranged 2, Dodge focus 2, Equipment 6, Defensive Roll, Benefit- Wealth. Attack specialization - throwing (for grenades)

Equipment: cell phone 1ep, medical kit 1ep, Chemically treated sneak suit (Protection 7, Immunity Heat, cold, gas mask, night vision goggles, subtle) 12ep,
Vehicle: SUV 8ep, Secret compartment (+5dc) 2ep, Alarm (+10dc) 3ep, Additional armor coating based off Spray glass +4 Ablative (2ep)
+1ep Alternate of vehicle: Secret Warehouse laboratory Headquarters
Size: Medium; Toughness: 10 2ep; Features: Communications 1ep, Computer 1ep,
Concealed (+5dc) 2ep, Laboratory 1ep, Infirmary 1ep, Living Space 1ep, Power System 1ep, Security System (+5dc) 2ep, Defense system (Lethal, and non-lethal) 2ep, Fire-Prevention System 1ep.

Skills [17pp]: Medicine 8 (+10), Knowledge Life sciences 10 (+14), craft chemicals 10 (+14), craft electronics 6 (+10), Computers 4(+8), knowledge technology 8 (12), Diplomacy 2(+3/+7), Bluff 4 (+5/+9), Notice 6 (+8), Concentration 12 (+14), Languages: Chinese(Mandarin, native), English, Japanese

Powers:
Device (hypo-pistol), Easy to lose, pr 6 [18 pp, 30 pool]
Feats: Precise Shot, restricted (craft chemicals 10 ranks) [2 dp (device pool)]
Paralyze 8 (Will DC 18; Extra: Range; Feat: Accurate) [25 dp]
AP: Blast 8 (Fort DC 23; Extra: Alternate Save [Fortitude]Feat: Accurate) [1 dp]
AP: Healing 6 (DC 16; Extras: Action [Standard], Range, Total; Feat: Stabilize, Flaw: Temporary) [1 dp]
AP: Stun 8 (Fort DC 18; Extra: Range; Feat: Accurate) [1 dp]

Device (chemical grenades), Hard to lose, Unreliable(limited 5 Uses), {has to replenish from cache or make new, ~1hr} Pr 7 [21pp, 35pool] Feat: Subtle, all effects have Trigger 1(grenade) [2 dp (device pool)]
Confuse 8 (DC 18; Extras: Alternate Save [Fortitude] [0], Cloud Area [40 ft. diameter], Poison; Feats: Reversible) [25 dp]
AP: ignited magnesium and frequency overload grenade (IMFOG) - Dazzle 8 (Affects: three sense types - visual, auditory, DC 18; Extra: Burst Area [40 ft. radius]; Flaw: Action [full]; Feat: Triggered [second application of Trigger feat allows any trigger];) [1 dp]
AP: Sleep grenade - Fatigue 8 (Extras: Area [Cloud, 40 ft. diameter], Range [Ranged]; Feat: Subtle; Feat: Sedation; Flaw: Action [Full]) [1 dp]
AP: Glue capsules -Snare 8 (DC 18; Extra: Shapeable Area [b contiguous 5ft cubes, 40 cu. ft. - General]; Feat: Reversible) [1 dp]
AP: Synaptic overloading gas grenade - Stun 8 (Fort DC 18, Area- cloud, Feat: Triggered (grenade) [1dp]
AP: Ignite (Napalm grenade) 8 (Flaw: ranged, Extra: area-burst. Feat: Trigger [any trigger] [1dp]
AP: Explosive charge, Strike 8 (Extra: area-explosion, Penetrating; Feat: Triggered [any trigger] [1dp]
AP: Metal corrosive gas grenade; Corrosion 7, flaw: limited (metal only); Extra: area - burst, Feat: Trigger, indirect (penetrates boxes and other cover), subtle (no residue) [1dp]
AP: Smoke grenade: Obscure (All visual) 11, Extra: Independent [0], ; Feat: Slow Fade, Trigger [any trigger], subtle. [1 dp] {she'll often choose how big an area the grenade will cover before she sets it, but it *can* cover an obscenely large area}

Device (hypospray), easy to lose, pr 5, [15pp, 25pool]
Feat:
Drain 10 (Drains: any trait, DC 20) [20 dp]
AP: Nauseate, PR 10, (DC20) [1dp]
AP: Suffocate, (DC 20, Extra: Sustained, Independent, Flaw: full round action, Feat: Reversible, Drawback Extra action) {takes 2 rounds to set up, so, not as useful in combat, but great intimidation factor when she dangles the cure in front of someone choking to death.}
AP: Adrenal Surge, Range-Touch, pr 10, [1dp]
AP: Corrosion 7 (DC 22; Extra: Cone Area [14 ft. cone]; Feat: Incurable; Drawback: Reduced Area 2 [2 increments]; Flaw: Action [full]) [1 dp]
AP: Healing 6 (DC 16; Extra: Total; Feats: Persistent, Regrowth) [1 dp]

Combat
Attack +4 BAB[8pp]/ +6 Ranged / +8 thrown grenades(if needed)/ +6 Hypospray injector/ +8 hypo-pistol
Defense +4 BDB[8pp]/ +6 w/Dodge focus: 16, 12 flatfooted
Grapple +3
Initiative +5

Edits: 11/5/2010: Added 1 point of equipment to enhance Vehicle/Headquarters array, Added 3 points to grenade Array for more explodey goodness, Added Attack Specialization - throwing

Some identical twins not only look but act alike in most ways. This was not the case with Carrie and Conni Luo. Carrie was always more people oriented, empathic, caring. The light that shines from her radiates strait to the heart and warms it from her internal, nurturing glow. Conni had her own light, her own fires, but they were always directed toward ambition and drive – a passion for whatever project caught her attention at the moment. Both women were drawn to the medical profession, but whereas Carrie stayed in nursing, Conni excelled in the fields of bio-chemical engineering.

There was one twin-meme that held true though, instant that Carrie was shot and killed, Conni knew it and the waves of despair shattered her heart.

She knew she must have her revenge, she had the technology, but lacked the muscle, the street smarts, to complete her revenge. Maybe Carrie knew someone...

“I'll get in trouble, I know I will. The lab is working on top secret chemical warfare and I've just cleaned it out, prototypes, blue prints, the entire stock of raw materials to make more. It's the end of my career. The end of my life as a free woman. And I don't care anymore. "Do no harm?" HA! I will do harm to whatever dirt-sucking scum bag that gets in between my and the bastage that killed my twin sister. I will use my knowledge of how the body works to rack up so many violations of Thou Shalt Not Kill against my soul that the weight of it will drag me to Hell.

I don't care. As long as I bring Carrie's killer with me... kicking and screaming preferably, twitching and retching even moreso.”

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 am

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Island of the Dead [3e recruiting]

flynnarrel wrote:I something like this what you're looking for?

Agent Trevor Mannings

Trevor was just off his 28th consecutive operation when the dreaded orders came down from the chain of command. He'd put it off for too long and it had finally caught up with him: His orders were to take a vacation, relax, have fun. The CIA Operative didn't need such frivolities when there was so much to do, but orders were orders.
He tried to put a positive spin on it. He chose a resort that would allow him to keep up his training. He found one that had ziplining, rappelling, Archery, scuba diving, and ATV riding through jungle settings to keep himself sharp until he could get back to work.
Little did he know...

PL 4, 60pp

Abilities (28)
Strength: 0
Stamina: 2
Dexterity: 3
Agility: 4
Fighting: 2
Intelligence: 0
Awareness: 3
Presence: 0

Defenses (4)
Parry: 2+2 = 4
Dodge: 0+4 = 4
Toughness: 2+ 2 (ATV leathers) = 4
Fortitude: 2+2=4
Will: 0+3 = 3

Skills: (16)
Acrobatics 2(+6)
Athletics 2(+3)
Insight 0(+3 )
Expertise – Government Operative 4(+4)
Technology 4(+4 )
Vehicles 2(+5)
Treatment 1 (+1)
Deception 5 (+5 )
Perception 5 (+8 )
Stealth 2 (+6 )
Sleight of Hand 5(+8 )

Advantages: (11) Equipment 3, Fearless, Benefit: Security Clearance, Ranged Attack 2, Precise(Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Grabbing Finesse, Move by Attack

Equipment
Wetsuit under ATV Padding (Protection 2), Climbing Kit (Rope/ Grappling Hook/Pitons), Chemical lights,
Dual Light Pistols (Blast 3, Multiattack) (AE: Tazer Gun, Stun (Affliction, Cumulative, Ranged 3 (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)), 1ep unspent (Rations?)

Offensive:
initiative +4
Grapple +5
Unarmed +2 to hit, DC 15 toughness
Dual Pistols, +5 to hit, DC 18 Toughness, Multiattack
Tazer

Powers: [1pp]
Danger Sense

Abilities 28 + Powers 1 + Advantages 11 + Skills 16 + Defenses 4 = 60

Complications:
Dedicated to the Job: Trevor can start on a task and focus on it to the exclusion of other things.
Adrenalin junkie: Trevor has found himself seeking greater and greater thrills as his service in the CIA continues.
Patriot: Trevor genuinely believes in the rightness of the American Government.

Development: Wraith powers might be cool, Darkness manipulation is also fun. Something with a projectile.

Possible Power build on 20 points:

Dark Vision
Advantages: Hide in Plain Sight, Second Chance -Stealth,
Skills: Stealth +2

Shadow Form: Insubstantial 2, Quirk - may only travel along contiguous surfaces, Wall Crawling, Speed
AE: Darkness Bolt: Blast 4, Secondary effect
AE: Shadow strangle: Affliction, Concentration, Cumulative, Instant Recovery, Hit vs. Dodge (Resist by Fort, Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) Accurate 1, Extended Reach 2, Improved Critical pr 4
AE: Shadow Travel: Teleport, Accurate, Limited to Shadows, Incread mass 2, pr 5

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Hong Kong Action (OOC) [Full]

flynnarrel wrote:Conni Luo PL8/135
+5pp as of 11/5/2010

Abilities:
Str 8
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 18
Wis 14
Cha 12
[18pp]

Saves: Fort: 2+5 Ref: 1+4 Will: 2+6 [15pp]
Toughness - 10 in suit otherwise 3, 2 if flatfooted

Feats [19pp]: Quick Draw, Improved Initiative, Eidetic Memory, Jack of All trades, Inventor, Attractive, Attack Specialization (hypospray), Attack Focus-Ranged 2, Dodge focus 2, Equipment 6, Defensive Roll, Benefit- Wealth. Attack specialization - throwing (for grenades)

Equipment: cell phone 1ep, medical kit 1ep, Chemically treated sneak suit (Protection 7, Immunity Heat, cold, gas mask, night vision goggles, subtle) 12ep,
Vehicle: SUV 8ep, Secret compartment (+5dc) 2ep, Alarm (+10dc) 3ep, Additional armor coating based off Spray glass +4 Ablative (2ep)
+1ep Alternate of vehicle: Secret Warehouse laboratory Headquarters
Size: Medium; Toughness: 10 2ep; Features: Communications 1ep, Computer 1ep,
Concealed (+5dc) 2ep, Laboratory 1ep, Infirmary 1ep, Living Space 1ep, Power System 1ep, Security System (+5dc) 2ep, Defense system (Lethal, and non-lethal) 2ep, Fire-Prevention System 1ep.

Skills [17pp]: Medicine 8 (+10), Knowledge Life sciences 10 (+14), craft chemicals 10 (+14), craft electronics 6 (+10), Computers 4(+8), knowledge technology 8 (12), Diplomacy 2(+3/+7), Bluff 4 (+5/+9), Notice 6 (+8), Concentration 12 (+14), Languages: Chinese(Mandarin, native), English, Japanese

Powers:
Device (hypo-pistol), Easy to lose, pr 6 [18 pp, 30 pool]
Feats: Precise Shot, restricted (craft chemicals 10 ranks) [2 dp (device pool)]
Paralyze 8 (Will DC 18; Extra: Range; Feat: Accurate) [25 dp]
AP: Blast 8 (Fort DC 23; Extra: Alternate Save [Fortitude]Feat: Accurate) [1 dp]
AP: Healing 6 (DC 16; Extras: Action [Standard], Range, Total; Feat: Stabilize, Flaw: Temporary) [1 dp]
AP: Stun 8 (Fort DC 18; Extra: Range; Feat: Accurate) [1 dp]

Device (chemical grenades), Hard to lose, Unreliable(limited 5 Uses), {has to replenish from cache or make new, ~1hr} Pr 7 [21pp, 35pool] Feat: Subtle, all effects have Trigger 1(grenade) [2 dp (device pool)]
Confuse 8 (DC 18; Extras: Alternate Save [Fortitude] [0], Cloud Area [40 ft. diameter], Poison; Feats: Reversible) [25 dp]
AP: ignited magnesium and frequency overload grenade (IMFOG) - Dazzle 8 (Affects: three sense types - visual, auditory, DC 18; Extra: Burst Area [40 ft. radius]; Flaw: Action [full]; Feat: Triggered [second application of Trigger feat allows any trigger];) [1 dp]
AP: Sleep grenade - Fatigue 8 (Extras: Area [Cloud, 40 ft. diameter], Range [Ranged]; Feat: Subtle; Feat: Sedation; Flaw: Action [Full]) [1 dp]
AP: Glue capsules -Snare 8 (DC 18; Extra: Shapeable Area [b contiguous 5ft cubes, 40 cu. ft. - General]; Feat: Reversible) [1 dp]
AP: Synaptic overloading gas grenade - Stun 8 (Fort DC 18, Area- cloud, Feat: Triggered (grenade) [1dp]
AP: Ignite (Napalm grenade) 8 (Flaw: ranged, Extra: area-burst. Feat: Trigger [any trigger] [1dp]
AP: Explosive charge, Strike 8 (Extra: area-explosion, Penetrating; Feat: Triggered [any trigger] [1dp]
AP: Metal corrosive gas grenade; Corrosion 7, flaw: limited (metal only); Extra: area - burst, Feat: Trigger, indirect (penetrates boxes and other cover), subtle (no residue) [1dp]
AP: Smoke grenade: Obscure (All visual) 11, Extra: Independent [0], ; Feat: Slow Fade, Trigger [any trigger], subtle. [1 dp] {she'll often choose how big an area the grenade will cover before she sets it, but it *can* cover an obscenely large area}

Device (hypospray), easy to lose, pr 5, [15pp, 25pool]
Feat:
Drain 10 (Drains: any trait, DC 20) [20 dp]
AP: Nauseate, PR 10, (DC20) [1dp]
AP: Suffocate, (DC 20, Extra: Sustained, Independent, Flaw: full round action, Feat: Reversible, Drawback Extra action) {takes 2 rounds to set up, so, not as useful in combat, but great intimidation factor when she dangles the cure in front of someone choking to death.}
AP: Adrenal Surge, Range-Touch, pr 10, [1dp]
AP: Corrosion 7 (DC 22; Extra: Cone Area [14 ft. cone]; Feat: Incurable; Drawback: Reduced Area 2 [2 increments]; Flaw: Action [full]) [1 dp]
AP: Healing 6 (DC 16; Extra: Total; Feats: Persistent, Regrowth) [1 dp]

Combat
Attack +4 BAB[8pp]/ +6 Ranged / +8 thrown grenades(if needed)/ +6 Hypospray injector/ +8 hypo-pistol
Defense +4 BDB[8pp]/ +6 w/Dodge focus: 16, 12 flatfooted
Grapple +3
Initiative +5

Edits: 11/5/2010: Added 1 point of equipment to enhance Vehicle/Headquarters array, Added 3 points to grenade Array for more explodey goodness, Added Attack Specialization - throwing

Some identical twins not only look but act alike in most ways. This was not the case with Carrie and Conni Luo. Carrie was always more people oriented, empathic, caring. The light that shines from her radiates strait to the heart and warms it from her internal, nurturing glow. Conni had her own light, her own fires, but they were always directed toward ambition and drive – a passion for whatever project caught her attention at the moment. Both women were drawn to the medical profession, but whereas Carrie stayed in nursing, Conni excelled in the fields of bio-chemical engineering.

There was one twin-meme that held true though, instant that Carrie was shot and killed, Conni knew it and the waves of despair shattered her heart.

She knew she must have her revenge, she had the technology, but lacked the muscle, the street smarts, to complete her revenge. Maybe Carrie knew someone...

“I'll get in trouble, I know I will. The lab is working on top secret chemical warfare and I've just cleaned it out, prototypes, blue prints, the entire stock of raw materials to make more. It's the end of my career. The end of my life as a free woman. And I don't care anymore. "Do no harm?" HA! I will do harm to whatever dirt-sucking scum bag that gets in between my and the bastage that killed my twin sister. I will use my knowledge of how the body works to rack up so many violations of Thou Shalt Not Kill against my soul that the weight of it will drag me to Hell.

I don't care. As long as I bring Carrie's killer with me... kicking and screaming preferably, twitching and retching even moreso.”

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:45 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Occult Tales (OOC, Full)

flynnarrel wrote:Halla deCroix is the daughter of ‘Mama’ Marie deCroix – previously the owner of Mama’s House o’ Gumbo – the former Accorded Neutral Grounds in New Orleans. She was an accomplished ‘gumbomancer’ – acclaimed to be able to tell a person’s future by dishing up a bowl of her famous gumbo and seeing what combination of a thousand ingredients that person ended up with. The gumbo itself had been a legacy, passed down from mother to daughter, the pot never growing cold or emptied since their migration from Haiti. Each ingredient had special meaning that Mama could discern. She used her talent unbiasedly and was afforded a measure of respect for it.
The rising waters and devastating floods and winds swallowed up Mama’s House of Gumbo and, as Halla desperately pleaded with her mother for them to flee, the older woman just smiles enigmatically and said ‘Wot will be, will be, Chile.’ And, with a wave and a spell, put Halla to sleep, entrusting her to a family friend to see to safety.
Halla has spent a while now appealing that the destruction of Neutral Grounds by hostile magic is a violation of the Accords but she keeps getting the run around or ignored. Even the famed arbiter, the Archive hasn’t responded to Halla’s desperate communications. The young woman is growing more and more desperate, and more and more bitter.
Halla is not without her own talents. Her family has a long tradition of serving as Mambo to the local Voodoo practitioners and from a young age Halla’s beauty and indomitable spirit has drawn the attention of Erzulie, the loa of beauty and creation and femininity. Seeing the struggles that Halla took on for the sake of her family and community, the powerful loa imbued Halla with a measure of her own grace, specifically, the ability to call upon a small portion of her three husbands – Agwe, loa of the ocean, Ogdoun, the warrior, and Dumballah, the Serpent.
It is a specialized form of Ectomancy where Halla can either offer herself as ‘mount’ or vessel for these beings, or, in the case of Dumballah, manifest a form for the serpent loa to possess. These spirits (or, more accurately, a fraction of their awareness) is always drawn to the piece of Erzulie that blesses Halla and so aid her in subtle ways. This enhances her own natural talents so she can actually perceive and interact with ghosts.
Her abilities, plus a protective amulet (a Gris-Gris) that her mother made for her are what sustain her through the heartache and frustrations.

PL7 120
3E

Str 0 Agi 3 Dex 2 Fgt 2 Sta 4 Int 0Awe 3Pre0 [28pp]
Advantages[10pp]: Uncanny Dodge [mental], Attractive 2, Ranged attack 3, Equipment 2, Connected, Luck
[from Powers: Hide in Plain Sight, Great Fortitude, Power Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Second Chance (Mind control/possession)]

Equipment:
Van (0ep) (where she sleeps), Cell Phone(1ep), Protective pouch* (1ep)
Weapons Array, Light Handgun, telescoping sight (Blast 3, accurate, (treat as binoculars) 8ep),
*The pouch is a pocket made of two plastic compartments with salt water on each side. Sensitive or electronic contents (e.g. cell phones) are protected from the random energies given off by the supernatural, which are grounded by the salt water.

Skills [18pp]: Stealth 2(+5, +13*), Ranged attack (guns) +4(+9), Persuasion 8(+8/13), Perception 8(+11), Acrobat +2 (+5), Deception 5(+5/+10), Vehicles 1(+3), Insight 4(+7), Treatment +1, Expertise: Occult +1
Languages (English(Native), French) [1pp]

Defenses
Toughness 8
Parry 6 [4pp]
Dodge 6[3pp]
Will 8[5pp]
Fort 6[2pp]

*powers
Powers
Comprehend Spirits – hear and Speak, 2r [4pp]
Senses –Dimensional, low light Vision, Danger Sense [mental][3pp]

Spirit-aided stealth: Hide-in –plain-sight, Stealth +8 [5pp]
Spirit-aided fortitude: Great Fortitude, Regeneration 2,[3pp]
Spirit-aided fighting: Power Attack, Defensive roll 2 [3pp]

Gris-gris Amulet: Device (Removeable)[ 4pp]
Protection 2
Evasion 2
Second Chance (Mind control/possession)

Loa connection array, Move Activation to switch [-1pp]
Call Dumballah - Summon Snake, Heroic, Mental Link 6r, [25pp +2AEs]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Snake: Dumballah
Str 4 agi 4 Dex 2 Sta 6 Fgt 6 Int 0 Awe 4 Pre 0 [52pp]
Advantages[8pp]: Fast Grab, Grappling Finesse, Improved Hold, Prone fighting, Hide In Plain Sight, Interpose, Chokehold, Skill Mastery(stealth)
Skills [9pp]: Stealth +8 (+12), Acrobat +1 (+5), Perception +5(+9), Close Unarmed 2(+8 ), Intimidate 2
Movement – slithering, Wall Crawling 1, Speed 1 [5pp]
Senses-infravision, Tremorsense [4pp]
Elongation 1, Permanent [1pp]
Strike 2, str-based [2pp]
Strength Affects Insubstantial [1pp]
Scales - Protection 2 [2pp]
Defenses: [6pp]
Tou +8, Parry 6, Dodge 6
Will 6, Fort 8
Offenses: Unarmed +8, DC21 Toughness, Grapple, +13
Complications: No Hands, Mute, i.e.- a Snake
[Total: 90 pp]
------------------------------------------------

AE: Agwe’s power:
Summon the Sea waters - Affliction: Suffocation, Ranged, Progressive (Resist by Fort, Dazed, Stunned, incapacitated) pr 5, Accurate 2
Swimming
Immunity Suffocation

AE: Ogdoun’s Might:
Enhanced Strength 6, Affects Insubstantial [13p]
Skill: close-unarmed 6 [3p]
Takedown attack, Improvised Weapon, Extraordinary Effort, Move by Attack, Interpose, Fearless, Improved Initiative, [7p]
Speed 1, Leaping 1

Attrib 28+ Adv 10 + Skills 18 +Lang 1+ Def 14+ Powers 48 = 120

Complications:
Unresolved Mother issues – Mama’s body was never found and Mama’s ghost never manifested to Halla.
Easily Recognized in ‘the community’ – she was always around Mama’s House of Gumbo, a place of sanctuary and gathering for the supernaturals, she’s waited tables, swept floors, brought people meals and asked them how their day was. People know her.
Passionate – Halla gives her whole heart into whatever she does.
Flirty - Having a portion of the loa of femininity in her, she sometimes can't help herself. It can get her into trouble.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:45 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: Legacy of War - Recruitment (Closes 10/15)

flynnarrel wrote:Kroonin (the Bard-barian)

[Despite a silliness of the name, I'm hoping the world you've crafted can have a place for someone like Kroonin. As a character, he strikes me as fun to play.]

They say dwarves have no talent for any music that those above the surface of the land would want to hear.

They say this is especially so for the Dwarves at the Northern tip of the Ragnarock Mountains where the chill cold can gnaw a humaniod's digits to the bone and they have naught but barren, snow-choked landscape sparse of beauty to inspire the soul to melody.

There exists a dwarven community far from The Smoking Mountain. Other dwarves might even consider them uncivilized because of it. They keep watch of the northern borders of the dwarven kingdom from any of the myriad of threats that the cold North has to offer. It is oft said they have more in common with the Wild Elves of the Northern Sylvan forest - both groups of people adapt to their harsh climate stoically and have a grudging respect and brusk trade with one another.

They would say that there is no way such a person, borne with ice in their veins and frost on their beards could appreciate the subtleties of rhythm, tones, and cadence.

'They''d be wrong.

Dulf Steelarm, son of Krolag Steelarm was inspired from hearing music on a trades expedition with his father, a master blacksmith, to the Southern lands of Redmont. The young adult dwarf, a smith of no small talent himself, grew to liking the city, it's culture and art, but most of all, it's music. He announced to his father that he would not be returning to the icy mountain. Krolag was none pleased but his grown son had that right to decide for himself.

The older dwarf was not without his tricks however. He arranged a marraige for Dulf to one of the most steadfast clans of warriors, the Stonehearts, they had a daughter about the right age with fire in her soul and stone in her muscles, an untamed spirit, and many accomplishments of bravery and martial prowess, the fair and feisty Isolna. Dulf had to agree but exacted only the promise that the couple live their first year in Redmont that he might have the chance to sway his new wife to the Southern City life.

They married and in that year she begot a son, Kroonin, born as the son shone over Dulf's smith-shop in the city. After the year was up, Isolna had had enough of the soft city life and would not raise their son in this environment. She gave Dulf an ultimatum to return to the Northern Mountains. He refused.

She left for her homeland taking their son with her. Dulf, showing characteristic stubborness, wrote to her, extolling the grandiuer of the city and saying how many opportunities Kroonin would have were he here. Isolna Stoneheart, in the same stubborness steadfastly refused to relent. Thus Kroonin spent his early years learning the ways of war from his kin in the mountains. When he was 13, Kroonin's mother, leading a patrol of the borders was ambushed by Whites, the frozen abominations that roam the tundra. She did not survive.

Dulf, forlorn by Isolna's death, for he had grown to admire and even love her from afar, immediately claimed a father's Rite of Apprenticeship whereby a son had to spend a year learning the father's trade, in order to spend time with his son - the last link to Isolna Stoneheart in this world.

Kroonin had to go but was determined to hate the city, his father, blacksmithing, all of it.

They say music has the power to transform the heart, melt the ice surrounding it, mend the rends and tears of tragedy.

'They' finally got one right.

Kroonin, son of Dulf, the Blacksmith, discovered that he loved the rhythmic ringing of his father's forge. How anvils and molten metal could sing with the impact of a well-swung hammer. His father's love of music, the very thing that made Dulf forsake the land of his birth, combined with Kroonin's mother's strength of arm and sheer lust of striking.

He'd unintentionally attract crowds outside of his father's forge whenever he was working and word swiftly spread. Tavernkeep Wilhelm heard the tales even and just had to see this for himself. The music was enchanting and the musician, though thoroughly steeped in his mother's barbaric culture, was eager to learn more of Wilhelm's teachings. After the year with his father, Kroonin petitioned to apprentice with the master minstrel and Dulf gave his blessings. Luckily, the old bard has the patience of a saint. He instructed Kroonin of the power in rhythm and tones, even the limited ones that can be made by metal on metal. Kroonin soaked it up eagerly and found the soul of a bard within himself. He would never let go of the teachings and passions he gained in the Northern Mountains.

pl6 90

Strength 1/3
sta 2/5
agi 1
dex -1
fgt 1
awe 3
int -1
pre 0
[10pp]

Skills [24pp]: Athelete 2(+5), Intimidate (+10), Perception 6(+9), Insight 4(+7), Close Combat (hammer) 6(+7), Treatment 6(+5), Technology (blacksmithing) 4(+3),Stealth 2(+3/+5size)
Expertise(off Pre)-Percussion instruments 5(+5), Singing 3(+3),

Advantages [13pp]: Startle, interpose, improved smash, weapon break, Equipment 3, set up, Skill Mastery (Intimidation), improved initiative, Fearless, Luck, Great Endurance

Equipment
Chain mail (Protection +3) 3ep
War Hammer (str-based strike 2) 2ep
Large Shield (Defenses +3) 6ep
Feature: Perfectly tuned (1ep): Kroonin's shield is a perfect circle, balanced and tonal, when he strikes it with his hammer he can play it like and instrument (+2 Performance)
Cold weather clothing (immunity, Environmental cold) 1ep
Masterwork Blacksmithing tools (1ep)
Masterwork Healing kit (1ep)

Languages [2pp] Anvuil(native), Araluen, Sylvan,

Defenses
Parry 4
Dodge 4, +6 vs. Area
Toughness 8
will 6 [3ep]
fort 6 [1pp]

Powers:
Dwarven
Underground Senses: Low-light Vision, Know direction [2ep]
Short but stocky: Shrinking 2(Permanent) {-1str, -1 Ground Movement, +1 Active Defenses, +2 Stealth, -1 Intimidate} [2ep]
Growth 3 (no size change, Permanent) This is to indicate a density of mass, {+3 strength, +3 sta, -1Active Defenses, +1 Intimidate, [6ep]

Barbarism:
Speed 2 [2ep] (total ground speed = 1)
Dangersenses: Uncanny dodge - Sight, Evasion 1[2ep]

Bardic music [18pp+5AE]
Song of Healing - Healing, Area-Shapeable, pr 6
AE: Thunder struck - Strike 6, Area-Cone, Fort Save
AE: Roar - Affliction, Area-Cone, cumulative (Resist by Will, impaired and Vulnerable, disabled and defenseless)
AE: Countersong - immunity (Mental descriptor), affects others, area-burst, Duration-Concentration, Added Activation - Move action, Quirk - Must make noise
AE: Baleful Lullaby - Affliction, Area - Shapeable, Cumulative (Resist by Will, Entraced, Stunned, Asleep), Insidious, Quirk - must be making noise, pr 6
AE: Rhythm of Fortune - Luck Control pr 6(reroll for best, or force reroll for worst, the other ranks just help the resistable), Area burst 2, Selective, Duration - Sustained, Range - Close (-2/r), Resistable by Will, Action - Standard (-3/r), luck points 6(only usable for Luck Control)
So, for a standard action the bard starts beating out the Rhythm of Fortune, spends one of the Luck points and chooses which effect - Allies (in 120') get one reroll and take the Best, or Foes (in 120') who fail a Will save, DC16 (Dodge for half) reroll once and take the worst, it only affects any person once and lasts until the start of Kroonin's next turn, if no rolls are made that turn it's wasted.

Attrib 10+ Skills 24+ Advantages 13+ Languages 2+Defenses 4+Dwarf 10+ Barbarism 4+ Music 23 = 90

Complications:

Hedonism - Kroonin likes ale, food, and partying. Unfortunately his idea of the best type of partying involves a bar brawl.

Dwarf - As a dwarf he suffers some of societies' (whatever society he's in) stereotypes of Dwarves. Not to mention the jokes.

'Uncivilized' - Even by dwarven standards, Kroonin' can sometimes forget the niceties and social customs of polite society

Quick to anger - This was originally written as 'Short-fuse', but Kroonin objected, violently.

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm

flynnarrel wrote:Subject: The Hunters Hunted (recruiting until September 9)

flynnarrel wrote:On the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Lenny Reeves has always been a dissappointment. Grades just high enough to keep from failing, a body weak from lack of use, and skinny from under-eating (it was such a bother unless you have the munchies!). And all this was before he discovered pot.

A whole new world of doing nothing opened up to him after his first joint. Being one of the first in his area and getting a steady supply from his cousin he was able to, without much effort, supply many of his schoolmates Not only was he a lackadaisical waste, but he was able to enable lackadaisicality in others.

His weak-willed, doting, easily-manipulated parents bought his exscuses and promises that he'd look for a real job soon if only they left him stay another month. It was thus that had the distinct acheivement of attaining a net loss in the productivity and advancement in the world.

This earned him special attentions from the Powers Below.

Now, as a Scion of Sloth he can generate the sweet, sweet smoke whenever he wants and imbue it with various properties.

He's still unsure abought this 'hunting' thing though. It sounds like a lot of work.

Lenny Reeves
PL10, 150

str 8 -1
con 14 2
dex 10 0
wis 8 -1
int 10 0
cha 10 0

[0pp]

Defense:
Toughness 2 + 8 = 10
Fort: 2+ 8pp = 10 Ref: 0+8pp = 8 will: -1

Offense:
Attack 0
Defense 10 [20pp]

Feats [10pp]: Prone Fighting, Connected, Fascinate (Bluff), Distract(Bluff), Skill Mastery(Bluff, Sleight of Hand, Diplomacy, Medicine), Equipment 2, Luck 3
Equipment: Van, Hidden Compartments(DC20) 9ep, Cellphone 1ep,

Skills [14pp]: Bluff +15, Diplomacy +8, Sleight of Hand +10, Computers +5, Medicine +6(+5), Stealth +8, Concentration +4

Powers:
Feelin'No Pain - Protection 8 [8pp]
Immunity: Own Powers [1pp]
Built-Up Tolerance - Immunity: Poisons, Disease [2pp]
The Only Air I Need - Immunity: Suffocation [2pp]
Mind Altered - Immunity: Mental Descriptor, [10pp]
Rubbery Stoner Body - Immunity: Entrapment (Any), Immunity: Bludgeoning (Half effect) [10pp]

'You're a Downer.'/'Lighten up.'- Gravity Control, Area-shapeable, Subtle pr10 [31pp + 5AP]
AP: 'Dude, Slow Down' - Paralyze, Area - Shapeable, subtle pr 10
AP: 'That Familiar Cough' - Nausea, Area-Cone, Subtle pr10
AP: 'Everyone, Relax' - Fatigue, Area-Perception (Auditory), Reversible pr 10
AP: 'This Smoke Clings' - Snare, Range-Touch, Area-Cone, Secondary Effect, pr 10
AP: Purple Haze - Obscurement, Visual, Olfactory, Independent pr 10

Mind-Altering Substance - Mental Transform(change/erase memories), Range-Close, Area-Shapeable, Permanent, Subtle pr 10 [21pp]

Complications:
Laziness - he will do anything to get out of work.
Is that... Oregeno? - he constantly smells of pot though none it usually found on him, even though he can puff on a joint for the look of the thing, even share it around from a never diminishing doobie. This draws the attention of Law Enforcement and drug-sniffing animals.
Lithe - with skinny arms and a sickly frame he could be much more prone to things like knockback.

Return to “Roll Call”