Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

LDF's 3E Lair: Pearl

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: LDF's 3E Lair: Miss America

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 pm

I like, but you need to spell the name as most of my friends say it.

She should be Miss 'Merica. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Woodclaw » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Pretty nice. Maybe not your most inspired work, but nice nonetheless.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ladydragonfly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Woodclaw wrote:Pretty nice. Maybe not your most inspired work, but nice nonetheless.

Sometimes, something starts with an Idea. And you go from there. But i might give the character a complete over haul anyways.
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Postby ladydragonfly » Tue May 28, 2013 7:01 am

Yes I do live.. That and forgetting my password again >.<
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Spectrum » Fri May 31, 2013 4:06 pm

Looking forward to what you come up with next.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby ladydragonfly » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:24 am

I've got a build in the works. Which will be one of the Main Antogonists of the Vindicators. She will be a slight spin off of Doctor Doom, but a woman of course and PL 14. But I need a name, which is proving to be more problematic.

Key Traits of the Villain:
Ursula javen
Brilliant
Descendant of Rasputin
The color Lilac or Magenta
Decadence
Armored Villain
Megalomaniac
Russian Nationalist
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Re: LDF's 3E Lair: New Villain coming up

Postby Spectrum » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Off the top of my head Firebird- which is close but not the same as a phoenix.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby ladydragonfly » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 pm

This name and concept conflicts with my Mistress Phyre build for several reasons. And Fire is not a key theme with my villain coming up.
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:57 pm

How about Baroness Bagrovee (Baroness Crimson)? I'm afraid I don't have a cyrillic character base for my computer, so the best I could do was a bastardized english spelling of the Russian word for crimson. Granted it's kind of vague, but if you wanted to emphasize the armored aspect of the character, Baroness Barakada (Baroness Barricade) might also be an option.

Of course, I'm going for the alliterative here, sticking with the Doctor Doom model which may or may not work for you. I'm also looking for potential names that actually sound cool in Russian which is a limiting factor, since I haven't had to practice my Russian in about 30 years.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ladydragonfly » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Horsenhero wrote:How about Baroness Bagrovee (Baroness Crimson)? I'm afraid I don't have a cyrillic character base for my computer, so the best I could do was a bastardized english spelling of the Russian word for crimson. Granted it's kind of vague, but if you wanted to emphasize the armored aspect of the character, Baroness Barakada (Baroness Barricade) might also be an option.

Of course, I'm going for the alliterative here, sticking with the Doctor Doom model which may or may not work for you. I'm also looking for potential names that actually sound cool in Russian which is a limiting factor, since I haven't had to practice my Russian in about 30 years.

My Current Name for her right now is Doctor Superior. Though I sorta like your Baroness idea, though for a leader of her own small Island may not be appropriate. And the color is Lilac or Magenta, which became the center for the armor's picture.

Here's a teaser..

Identity: Public
Origin: Armored Scientist
Profession: Ruler of the Island Nation of Malatria
Nationality: Russian
Height: 5'8"
Eyes: Violet
Hair: Dark brown

Ursula is the only daughter of wealthy, russian nationalists that enjoyed much time over sea's in america. They doated over their daughter, and gave her every thing and opportunity she could every want. Her brilliant mind is only matched by her insatiable desire for decadence.

She studied at the University, with another famous super heroine, Miss Incredible. And developed a close friendship, though Ursula's affections were spurned when she revealed her love for her. This drove Ursula over the edge, to gain vegance for her spurned emotions. Especially since she started dating the man, who she would form a super hero group, called the Incredible Four.

Using her vast intelligence and powers, she raised an island along the Mid Atlantic Ridge in the South Atlantic Ocean, and named it Malatria (sorta a tie or related to Thule or Atlantis, or even Latveria or Madripor in Marvel). Creating an Island nation for herself from which she can plan her eventual take over of every nation, with the help of her super powered allies and her vast resources.
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:20 am

Nice pic and origin. Now for the russian bits.

Doctor is easy, it's the same.

Superior is VisShee-eh.

I no longer have the vocabulary or dictionaries to give a translation for magenta. The closest I can come is purple, which is purpurnee-eh.

Obviously, lacking a more discriminating key set, I'm relying on what amounts to phonetic translations. It's at times like this I really miss 9thDoctor. She's Polish and speaks pretty good russian, but she hasn't been on the boards for a year or so because of health issues.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ladydragonfly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Actually I'm rather inspired to do something fantasy'ish at the moment. Considering that Ursula was the name of a fantasy character of mine. Doctor Superior is a major in the works for me still, but that comes first. Finally making some headway.
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

DOCTOR SUPERIOR

Postby ladydragonfly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Dr. Superior - PL 14
Identity: Public
Origin: Armored Scientist
Profession: Ruler of the Island Nation of Malatria
Nationality: Russian
Height: 5'8"
Eyes: Violet
Hair: Dark brown

Abilities
Strength 10*/1, Stamina 6/2, Agility 2, Dexterity 6, Fighting 10, Intellect 11, Awareness 4, Presence 4
* Strength 13 for lifting

Advantages
Artificer, Assessment, Attractive 2, Benefit, Diplomatic Immunity, Benefit, Status: Nobility, Benefit, Wealth 5 (billionare), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Eidetic Memory, Equipment 13, Inventor, Languages 4, Leadership, Minion 8, Power Attack, Ritualist, Speed of Thought, Takedown, Taunt, Trance, Well-informed

Skills
Athletics 2 (+12), Deception 9 (+13), Expertise: Engineering 6 (+17), Expertise: Politics 6 (+17), Expertise: Robotics 6 (+17), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 11 (+15), Investigation 6 (+17), Perception 10 (+14), Persuasion 11 (+15), Technology 9 (+20), Vehicles 4 (+10)

Powers
Brilliant Mind: Quickness 4 (Perform routine tasks in -4 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental )
Magical Powers
. . Mind Control: Mind Control 6 (DC 16)
. . Mystic Bolt: Blast 8 (DC 23; Alternate Resistance: Will)
Superior Exoskeleton (Removable)
. . A number of tools when needed: Feature 5
. . Armor Plating: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Impervious [8 ranks only])
. . Enhanced Muscle Frame: Enhanced Trait 26 (Traits: Strength +9 (+10), Stamina +4 (+6))
. . Jet Boots: Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
. . Life Support Systems: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Radio Communications: Radio Communication 4 (Subtle: encrypted)
. . Superior Bolt: Blast 18 (kinetic, DC 33; Accurate 2: +4)
. . . . Electircal Aura: Damage 6 (Alternate; DC 21; Reaction 3: reaction)
. . . . Superior Beam: Line Area Damage 11 (Alternate; kinetic, DC 26; Line Area 2: 5 feet wide by 60 feet long)
. . . . Superior Blast: Burst Area Blast 12 (Alternate; kinetic, DC 27; Accurate 2: +4, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
. . Superior Senses: Senses 17 (Accurate (Type): Visual, Acute (Type): Visual, Detect: Energy (visual) 1, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Radio, Radius (Type): All Visual, Time Sense, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)
. . Superior Strength: Power-lifting 3 (+3 STR for lifting)

Equipment
Limousine, Private Jet, Stately Manor on Malatria Island, Yacht

Offense
Initiative +11
Electircal Aura: Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 20)
Mind Control: Mind Control 6 (DC Will 16)
Mystic Bolt: Blast 8, +6 (DC Will 23)
Superior Beam: Line Area Damage 11 (DC 26)
Superior Blast: Burst Area Blast 12 (DC 27)
Superior Bolt: Blast 18, +10 (DC 33)
Throw, +6 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Complications
Hatred : The Incredible Family: Ursula hates the Incredible Family. She wants to do nothing more than to destroy it, and turn Miss Incredible to her side.
Obsession : Miss Incredible: Unfortunately Ursula is obsessed by the spurned affections of her once love interest, and is still very much interested in making her love her. She will go to any lengths to secure this fantasy of hers.
Quirk : Decadent: Ursula lives a very decadent lifestyle. Devoting herself to the Aesthetic enjoyment of life, in a much more sensual way. She loves music, fine art, jewelry, and wealth.
Quirk : Megalomaniac: Ursula thinks its her soveriegn right to rule over people, wether they want to or not. She thinks less of most people, and rarely see's others as equal.

Languages
English, German, Japanese, Latin, Romanian, Russian

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 12, Toughness 16, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 153 + Advantages 49 + Skills 29 (86 ranks) + Defenses 30 = 341

Background:
Ursula is the only daughter of wealthy, russian nationalists that enjoyed much time over sea's in america. They doated over their daughter, and gave her every thing and opportunity she could every want. Her brilliant mind is only matched by her insatiable desire for decadence.

She studied at the University, with another famous super heroine, Miss Incredible. And developed a close friendship, though Ursula's affections were spurned when she revealed her love for her. This drove Ursula over the edge, to gain vegance for her spurned emotions. Especially since she started dating the man, who she would form a super hero group, called the Incredible Four.

Using her vast intelligence and powers, she raised an island along the Mid Atlantic Ridge in the South Atlantic Ocean, and named it Malatria. Creating an Island nation for herself from which she can plan her eventual take over of every nation, with the help of her super powered allies and her vast resources. Her magical powers are due to her being related to the great Rasputin, she garnered her powers from a cult that still served to bring him back from the dead.

Stately Manor on Malatria Island - PL 7

Toughness 14, Size Huge

Features:
Communications, Computer, Concealed 1, Deathtraps, Defense System, Dock, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 3, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 3 + Powers 0 + Advantages 0 + Features 22 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 4 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 29

Elite Malatria Guard - PL 8
The Elite Guard of Malatria are a highly trained, cohesive, and well equiped fighting force. With prototype stealth technology, that can make work of a team of super heroes. These are not your average mooks!

Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Equipment 17, Evasion, Improved Initiative, Languages 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown, Tracking

Skills
Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10), Deception 4 (+4), Expertise: Survival 6 (+7), Expertise: Tactics 6 (+7), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 4 (+8), Technology 2 (+3), Treatment 2 (+3), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Powers
Personal Holographic Unit: Morph 1 (Removable, +20 Deception checks to disguise; Single form; Sustained)
Stealth Suits: Concealment 5 (Removable, All Visual Senses, Sense - Hearing; Blending)

Equipment
Armored Car, Binoculars, Blaster Rifle, Brass Knuckles, Bulletproof Vest, Club, Commlink, Flash Goggles, Flashlight, Gas Mask, Handcuffs, Military Helicopter, Night Vision Goggles, Rebreather, SCUBA Gear, Targeting Scope, Weapons Belt (Flash-bang, Fragmentation Grenade, Smoke Grenade, Tear Gas Grenade)

Offense
Initiative +8
Blaster Rifle, +6 (DC 23)
Brass Knuckles, +8 (DC 19)
Club, +8 (DC 20)
Flash-bang, +6 (DC Dog/Fort 14)
Fragmentation Grenade, +6 (DC Dog 15)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 13)
Smoke Grenade, +6 (DC 19)
Tear Gas Grenade, +6 (DC Dog/Fort 14)
Throw, +6 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 18)

Languages
English, German, Russian

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 8 + Advantages 30 + Skills 17 (51 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 120
Last edited by ladydragonfly on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Re: LDF's 3E Lair: DOCTOR SUPERIOR

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:47 pm

That's a pretty darn formidable master villain (villainess?) LDF. Definitely the type you want to be prepared for before meeting.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: LDF's 3E Lair: DOCTOR SUPERIOR

Postby ladydragonfly » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks, I would like to think, I have offered a very potent foe for any number of heroes, regardless of power level.
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call