Every Marvel FASERIP Character

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Every Marvel FASERIP Character (Now with Index)

Postby kenseido » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 pm

I always figured that they upped his Strength in MU1 because they had put the requirement on Thor's hammer as needed Remarkable Strength and being worthy. In a comic, Cap actually lifted Thor's hammer at one point, so the game designer decided to change his Strenghth, rather than change Thor's hammer.

Thor's MU stats is another strange one. They have a Hela Cursed set of stats, taken from Avengers Coast to Coast. But if you look closely, the ACtC stats are an editing mistake, his stats are identical to Vision. It seems odd that his Reason would go up so much from the Hela curse, but rather than question it, they just blindly went forward.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:That is fine work, Legend. I never played the FASERIP system but I'm wont to now.

You wont regret it either. The FASERIP system from MSHRPG is elegant and simple for its design. And I played it a very long time, till i finally got my hands on M&M. You can easily find all the TSR books for download for free, on an offical fansite. I'll have to dredge it up if possible. My all time favorite version of the game, was the Revised Basic system.

Wyld0007
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Wyld0007 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:37 pm

another great FASERIP site that i like checking out every now and then and again, just someone's interpretation just like the fan created builds we find here:

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/benriely/

they've built lots of FASERIP Image characters, DC, Marvel and loads of others

definitely worth the look

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:38 pm

yeah it was my first Superhero system to play in. I enjoyed it immensely and had many fun adventures with it.

The system is suprisingly elegant and simple if a smidge clunky when it comes to power stunting. Still the use of karma was neat, a way to reward heros for all those complications like having to chose between attending that dinner with Alison the hot girl you asked out and with stopping that bank robbery.

Also ways to punish players who chose evil acts and vigilantism to the point where a hero who picked up to much negative karma could become a villian controled by the GM.

character advancment was a smidge rough for my taste taking hundred even thousands of karma points at timesmeaning a GM would have to be generous for characters to advance consistently.

and while fun the random character design could lead to some ridiculously odd combos. I always used the random to help generate a frame work then adjusted acordingly.

even with all that some of my favorite all time characters to play originated in that system. Rolling Thunder, Mandragon, Mako, Soundwave, among others.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Goldar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:52 pm

kenseido wrote:I always figured that they upped his Strength in MU1 because they had put the requirement on Thor's hammer as needed Remarkable Strength and being worthy. In a comic, Cap actually lifted Thor's hammer at one point, so the game designer decided to change his Strenghth, rather than change Thor's hammer.

Thor's MU stats is another strange one. They have a Hela Cursed set of stats, taken from Avengers Coast to Coast. But if you look closely, the ACtC stats are an editing mistake, his stats are identical to Vision. It seems odd that his Reason would go up so much from the Hela curse, but rather than question it, they just blindly went forward.

I love love love the MSH FASERIP games. However, I always felt there were some errors present and some of these errors seemed to carry over from one book to another book, even if the next listing was years away. There was also a few numerical miscalculations that I caught over the years, which while no big deal, they either changed which rank the person got or confused the reader as to if the rank should be higher. (Ex. One Marvel Girl listing had her health at 105, but the ranks did not match that).

(Going by memory here but) They also had Thor with only MN Str and multiple listings with different stats, like Healths of 270 and 320, while they gave Beta Ray Thor 330 Health. Other characters with multiple listings with stats all over the place were Jean Grey, The Phoenix and Dark Phoenix. Jean was consistently written as relatively weak with low power stats surpassed by all the other major psychics. I think they only got The Phoenix and Dark Phoenix correct one time, when Phoenix had a Health over 1000 and DP a Health over 3000. They often forgot to give Jean back her TP after Psynapse restored her powers. And if they did list her TP, it was at the old, weak rate (RM). And, they never increased her INT back to RM (from EX), as it had been prior to Jean "becoming" Phoenix, or even making it higher along with her TP being higher, despite the years that had gone by and her constant increase in power levels in the comics. In fact, in one book, I believe "Children of the Atom", the text states Jean's return to life and that "she has greater health because of it", yet her Health, strength and other stats are all the same! New heroines started at Jean's Health level or higher or within a few years of being around were at her level, despite Jean being active for decades. I think Thanos was underpowered, especially in his Str attribute and it always seemed to me that Gladiator's STR and END were perhaps reversed (Str Un, End Shift Z). The other character whose Str should have been 1 higher (EX) was the Black Widow. Even back then, she was said to lift over 300 pounds. These days, with her history retconned to include a Russian varient of the SSS, she is said to lift 500 pounds. I think Cap's Str should still be capped at 800 pounds, but listed under RM as Legend has it, and with EX str maybe cutting off at 600-650 pounds. Sundragon also had a few different stat listings with her powers going from weak to very strong, all sort of mental powers, then only a few. In a few years, Danielle Moonstar went from low stats and mental powers to high stats and powers.

Off-hand, I can't think of any other characters whose stats/powers were out of wack, but I know there are a few more.

That said, Legend has done a fabulous job of translating all these stats as presented in the game system using the latest books for the best presentations, all for our enjoyment! Thank you legend.

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Postby legend » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:18 pm

There were certainly a lot of inconsistencies! I tried to reconcile them whenever it seemed reasonable to do so. Like in Thor's case I assumed that the MN Strength was for Eric Masterson's version. Some discrepancies were to great to reconcile so I included multiple builds (like in the case of Hellcat & Ronan the Accuser)

Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Avenger » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 pm

one of my favorite sites
http://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/
:mrgreen:

legend
Superhero
Superhero

BANISHER (PL 12)

Postby legend » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 am

STR 0, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 1, INT 1, AWE 1, PRE 0
Powers:
Teleportation: Teleport 23, Accurate, Change Direction, Affects Others, Attack, Increased Mass 10 • 126 points
Offenses:
Initiative +2
Teleport Attack +1, Close, Teleport Attack 23
Unarmed +1, Close, Damage 0
Defenses: Dodge 2, Parry 1, Will 3, Fort 2, Toughness 2
Power Points: Abilities 18 + Powers 126 + Defenses 2 =146
Source(s): X-Forces

legend
Superhero
Superhero

BLACKLIGHT (PL 8)

Postby legend » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:06 am

STR 2/6, STA 3/6, AGL 3/9, DEX 3/9, FGT 4, INT 2, AWE 2, PRE 0
Powers:
Mirrored Sight: Senses 2 (Darkvision) • 2 points
Mirrored Eyes: Array (12 points) • 14 points
• Visual Dazzle 6 • 12 points
• Environment 3 (Light 2) • 1 point
• Ranged Light Damage 6 • 1 point
Reflective Resistance: Immunity 10 (Visual Effects), Half Effect • 5 points
Resistance to Radiation: Immunity 10 (Radiation), Half Effect • 5 points
Shadow Form: Enhanced Strength 4, Enhanced Stamina 3, Enhanced Agility 6, Enhanced Dexterity 6, Flight 6, Deflect 9 (Reflect) • 68 points
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 1 (+3), Insight 1 (+3)
Offenses:
Initiative +3/9
Mirrored Eyes +3/9, Ranged, Damage 6 or Visual Dazzle 6
Unarmed +4, Close, Damage 3/6
Defenses: Dodge 3/9, Parry 3/9, Will 2, Fort 3/6, Toughness 3/6
Power Points: Abilities 38 + Powers 94 + Skills 2 = 134

legend
Superhero
Superhero

COOPER, VAL (PL 3)

Postby legend » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 am

STR 2, STA 2, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 2, INT 3, AWE 2, PRE 0
Advantages: Connected
Skills: Expertise: Bureaucracy 1 (+4), Expertise: Politics 1 (+4)
Offenses:
Initiative +2
Unarmed +2, Close, Damage 2
Defenses: Dodge 2, Parry 2, Will 3, Fort 2, Toughness 2
Power Points: Abilities 30 + Advantages 1 + Skills 1 + Defenses 1 = 33

legend
Superhero
Superhero

DEADPOOL (PL 8)

STR 4, STA 4, AGL 4, DEX 4, FGT 6, INT 3, AWE 2, PRE 0
Powers:
Teleporter: Teleport 21, Accurate, Change Direction, Increased Mass 5, Removable (-13 points) • 56 points
Equipment:
Body Armor: Protection 3 • 3 points
Weapons: Array (18 points) • 22 points
• Cluster Bomb: Ranged Burst Area Damage 6 • 18 points
• Bolo: Snare 4 • 1 point
• Bo Staff: Strength-based Damage 2 • 1 point
• Swords (2): Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Critical • 1 point
• Throwing Stars: Ranged Strength Damage, Multiattack • 1 point
Advantages: Close Attack 3, Equipment 5, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip
Skills: Athletics 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throwing 2 (+6)
Offenses:
Initiative +8
Cluster Bomb -, Ranged Burst Area, Damage 6
Bolo +4, Ranged, Snare 4
Bo Staff +9, Close, Damage 6
Swords +9, Close, Damage 7
Throwing Stars +4, Ranged, Multiattack Damage
Unarmed +9, Close, Damage 4 (Crit 19-20)
Defenses: Dodge 4, Parry 6, Will 3, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4
Power Points: Abilities 54 + Powers 56 + Advantages 13 + Skills 2 + Defenses 1 = 126

legend
Superhero
Superhero

FITZROY, TREVOR (PL 8)

STR 6/12*, STA 4, AGL 2, DEX 2, FGT 3, INT 4, AWE 1, PRE 0
Powers:
Life Energy Drain: Weaken Stamina 11 (Resisted by Will) • 11 points
Time Portal: Movement 3 (Time Travel), Portal, Linked to Life Energy Drain • 12 points
Weapons System: Visual Concealment 2, Enhanced Strength 6, Protection 8 (Impervious Toughness 12), Removable (-7 points) • 29 points
Offenses:
Initiative +2
Unarmed +3, Close, Damage 6/12*
Defenses: Dodge 2, Parry 3, Will 6, Fort 4, Toughness 4/12*
Power Points: Abilities 44 + Powers 52 + Defenses 5 = 101
Complication:
*With Weapons System

legend
Superhero
Superhero

FOREMAN (PL 8)

Postby legend » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:08 am

STR 2/12, STA 3/12, AGL 3, DEX 3, FGT 2, INT 2, AWE 2, PRE 0
Powers:
Armored Form: Enhanced Strength 10, Enhanced Stamina 9, Immunity 3 (Starvation & Thirst, Suffocation Effects), Impervious Toughness 12 • 53 points
Offenses:
Initiative +3
Unarmed +2, Close, Damage 2/12
Defenses: Dodge 3, Parry 2, Will 3, Fort 2/12, Toughness 2/12
Power Points: Abilities 34 + Powers 53 + Defenses 1 = 88
Complication:
Suffers -5 circumstance penalty against magnetic and electrical powers .

legend
Superhero
Superhero

LADY ANGUISH (PL 9)

Postby legend » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:08 am

STR 2, STA 3, AGL 3, DEX 3, FGT 2, INT 3, AWE 6, PRE 0
Powers:
Costume: Impervious Protection 6, Removable (-2 points) • 10 points
Empathy: Mind Reading 11, Effortless, Subtle 2, Limited to Emotions, Limited to Surface Thoughts • 13 points
Psionic Blast: Ranged Affliction 9 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Accurate 3 • 21 points
Resistance to Radiation: Immunity 10 (Radiation Effects), Half Effect • 5 points
Telepathy: Array (19 points) • 20 points
• Mental Probe: Mind Reading 6, Cumulative, Subtle • 19 points
• Mind Links: Area Mental Communication 3, Selective, Noticeable • 1 point
Offenses:
Initiative +3
Psionic Blast +9, Ranged, Affliction 9
Unarmed +2, Close, Damage 2
Defenses: Dodge 3, Parry 2, Will 9, Fort 3, Toughness 3
Power Points: Abilities 44 + Powers 69 + Defenses 3 = 116
Complications:
When not wearing her helmet (part of Costume), Felicia can be overcome by the emotions she senses with Empathy.
Last edited by legend on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Roll Call”