Every Marvel FASERIP Character

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Every Marvel FASERIP Character

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:46 pm

I love that article.

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:27 pm

[quote="legend"]ABILITIES & MOST POWERS: FE 0, PR 1, TY 2, GD 3, EX 4, RM 6, IN 9, AM 11, MN 12, UN 13, SHX 14, SHY 15, SHZ 16, CL1000 17, CL3000 19, CL5000 20

When you look at the MnM system -2-15 seems like the range from feeble to unearthly. Very High Superhuman (15) basically is unearthly and 16 to 19 are like the shift ranges (and the chart in the book should have Extremely High Superman at 18) so that Cosmic = 20 and that is Class 1k, or you could have it be Shift Z since Shift Z is lower cosmic, and thus 21-30 is where you find the 'class' range. I made up a chart like this, and a 24 fell in the Class 3000 range and when you see superboy prime that is basically what he has. In classic marvel if they faced a problem stating superman. Technically, the silver age version would have class 5k strength but any character like that with such strength could literally tower over any other non-cosmic type so they granted him unearthly strength where he can raise it to Shift Y, which is 19 at the highest, but to solve the lifting power we have powerlifting.

So classic marvel could have a lifting strength were superman has Unearthly or Shfit X or Shfit Y and then class 3000 or 5000 for actual lifting, but they don't.

That is why the powerlifting approach actually suits how comic characters perform. If you look at real instances when superman goes up against surfer or thor you'll see he has the edge, but not much, and clearly can lift more than at least Thor can. Surfer actually has more variable power, with the power cosmic

legend
Superhero
Superhero

Postby legend » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Foreshadow wrote:When you look at the MnM system -2-15 seems like the range from feeble to unearthly. Very High Superhuman (15) basically is unearthly and 16 to 19 are like the shift ranges (and the chart in the book should have Extremely High Superman at 18) so that Cosmic = 20 and that is Class 1k, or you could have it be Shift Z since Shift Z is lower cosmic, and thus 21-30 is where you find the 'class' range. I made up a chart like this, and a 24 fell in the Class 3000 range and when you see superboy prime that is basically what he has. In classic marvel if they faced a problem stating superman. Technically, the silver age version would have class 5k strength but any character like that with such strength could literally tower over any other non-cosmic type so they granted him unearthly strength where he can raise it to Shift Y, which is 19 at the highest, but to solve the lifting power we have powerlifting.

So classic marvel could have a lifting strength were superman has Unearthly or Shfit X or Shfit Y and then class 3000 or 5000 for actual lifting, but they don't.

That is why the powerlifting approach actually suits how comic characters perform. If you look at real instances when superman goes up against surfer or thor you'll see he has the edge, but not much, and clearly can lift more than at least Thor can. Surfer actually has more variable power, with the power cosmic
[/quote]

You may be right but I stuck to strict self-imposed guidelines. I used the MSHRPG Strength as the basis for all other ranks (Amazing Strength = 50 Tons = Rank 11). I cheated a touch at the higher end of the scale (e.g., Monstrous and Unearthly should both be Rank 12). All in all, I'm actually surprised the PL's came out to be pretty much what I would expect them to be if I build them myself.

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Every Marvel FASERIP Character (WEBS Update)

Postby Goldar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:47 am

legend wrote: I am also working on Amalgam Comics' characters but it is less scientific as I have nothing to convert. I would love another big project. Something different. If anyone has anything in mind, let me know.

Oh, I love the Amalgam Characters! Are you still working on these?

Return to “Roll Call”