Aerlwyn Characters 2e/3e

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Aerlwyn Characters 2e/3e

Postby Aerlwyn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Looked at that its not making sense to me as i wanted it to be able to absorb the back ground energy left in an area by meta humans/mutants, not sure i have the right effect on it.

Yah i added the wrong effect to it it should be contact range, you have to add ranged to it then add reduced ranged to get it to contact ranged. Sorry had the effect all wrong it did not need the ranged effects as it was personal anyway, the effect i wanted was skill check.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Reworked the black cat character design. Let me know your thoughts.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42689&start=135#p1103431

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 pm

Aerlwyn wrote:Reworked the black cat character design. Let me know your thoughts.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42689&start=135#p1103431

Nice to see you got rid of the enhanced mental attributes. I don't recall the supersoldier formula
making someone smarter. I forgot to mention it in my last post. I still think you should have the
morph power added to her.

Oh as for your Copycat mimic is it suppose to more like Ben 10 than Amazo? That's certainly a
interesting take on the mimic archetype. I might very well stea...er "borrow" :wink: it if I ever do Ben 10.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Sort of like that but as its natural for her not a device in ben's case. Was going more for when they had switched Rogues powers from when she touches a person to get her powers to when she could access anyone she had touched in the past. Stored templates of other heroes and vllains.

Yah the Black Cat build is one that i wanted to do for a while but i did not know enough on the system to make it work on paper.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:29 pm

I like that take on Black Cat, Aerlwyn. Giving her a variant of the supersoldier serum is a nice mechanic.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks i can only take some credit with the design the idea was in a cartoon from the 90's i just gave it form on ATT with help from others.

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 pm

HustlerOne wrote:Nice to see you got rid of the enhanced mental attributes. I don't recall the supersoldier formula making someone smarter. I forgot to mention it in my last post. I still think you should have the morph power added to her.

I still disagree. Billy Batson doesn't need Morph and he's pretty wildly different looking in Cap mode versus kid mode. I still think it's a Secret Identity complication.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Its what i went with as the idea. Something simple and does not cost or have to post up 2 builds for the same character.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:17 pm

There are so many mechanics in M&M for that kind of changing; Shapechange, Metamorph, Alternate Form, Normal Identity. There can easily be a lot of overlap in them, and picking the right one will often come down to personal preference.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:56 am

Amelia Dul - Green Lantern from sector 2682 - PL 12

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 8, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Attractive, Fearless, Inspire, Jack-of-all-trades, Leadership, Luck 2, Redirect, Teamwork, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics +0, Athletics +0, Close Combat: Unarmed +0,
Deception 7 (+7), Expertise: Tactics 6 (+6), Insight 0 (+8),
Intimidation +0, Investigation +0, Perception 0 (+8),
Persuasion 7 (+7), Ranged Combat: Power Ring 10 (+10),
Sleight of Hand +0, Stealth +0, Technology 6 (+6),
Treatment +0, Vehicles +0

Powers
Power Ring (Removable)
- AI and Data Base: Feature 2
- Senses: Senses 1 (Communication Link: to Central Power Battery)
- Flight
...Flight: Flight 13 (Speed: 16000 miles/hour, 30 miles/round)
...Movement: Movement 4 (Environmental Adaptation: Zero g, Space Travel 3: other galaxies)
- Force field
...Force Field: Force Field 12 (+12 Toughness; Impervious [10 ranks only])
...Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
- Scanning Beam: Senses 6 (Analytical (Type): Auditory, Analytical (Type): Chemical, Analytical (Type): Visual)
- Universal Tranlator: Comprehend 4 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
- Force Manipulation
- Mobile Constructs: Create 8 ([0 active, 0/30 PP, 3/r], Volume: 250 cft., DC 18; Movable)
AE Force Blast: Damage 12 ([0 active, 0/30 PP, 2/r+3], DC 27; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating, Precise)
AE Force Bubble: Burst Area Immunity 10 ([0 active, 0/30 PP, 3/r], Life Support; Affects Others Only, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Force Construct: Create 12 ([0 active, 0/30 PP, 2/r], Volume: 4000 cft., DC 22)
AE Lifting: Move Object 12 ([0 active, 0/30 PP, 2/r+1], 100 tons; Accurate: +2)

Acute Vision: Senses 1 (Acute: Vision)
Acute Hearing: Senses 1 (Acute: Hearing)

Offense
Initiative +0
Force Blast: Damage 12, +12 (DC 27)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Lifting: Move Object 12, +12 (DC 22)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Fame: Green Lantern
Honor: Green Lantern Core Member
Motivation: Responsibility: Green Lantern Core
Power Loss: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
Weakness: Green Lantern power rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the maximum rank of the ring's effects is equal to the wearer's will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail.

Languages
Thanagarian

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 12, Toughness 14, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 97 + Advantages 11 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 34 = 180

Background
The youngest of two children, Amelia Dul grew up in the time before the Rann/Thanagar war, seeing the horrors of the Thanagarian way of life. She is the only member of her family who still lives, her older sister, parents, and extended family having all been killed during the conflict.

Having observed the lack of success that came from letting your fists do the talking, Amelia made a conscious decision to make sure to lead with her head rather than her fists. This isn’t something that comes easily to her race, but Amelia is determined to do all that’s in her power to avoid repeating the behaviours that have caused so many problems in the past. Amelia hopes to lead by example and show the universe that the “shoot first, ask questions later” policy is not the best way to deal with situations as a rule.

Amelia was noticed by Mogo towards the end of the war, when her fearlessness and determination, along with her obvious leadership skills, caught his attention. Seeing her potential, Mogo presented her with a ring and sent her to begin her training as a Green Lantern. Eager to learn to harness the vast power her ring had, Amelia absorbed all they could teach her about the use of the ring and the code of the Green Lanterns.
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Rough idea for a version of Clea, not sure what being ruler of the Dark Dimension would mean to a power level.

Clea - PL 11

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 1, Fighting 3, Intellect 3, Awareness 9, Presence 6

Advantages
Artificer, Ranged Attack 6, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Trance

Skills
Deception 4 (+10), Expertise: Magic 17 (+20), Insight 3 (+12), Perception 1 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+13), Ranged Combat: Universal Magics 3 (+4), Sleight of Hand 3 (+4)

Powers
Dark Dimension Native: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: The Dark Dimension)

Dimensional Magics: Variable 7 (Check Required: DC 11 - Diplomacy Check [to entreat dimensional entities for power], Fades)

Faltine: Immunity 1 (Aging)

Mystic Senses: Senses 2 (Detect: Magic 1, Ranged: Detect)

Personal Magics
- Mystic Shield: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness)
AE Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Universal Magics
- Eldritch Bindings: Affliction 12 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
AE Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 11 (Affects: 3 Types - Visual, Auditory, Mental, Range: 8 miles; Subtle 2: undetectable; Limited: Physical Body is Defenseless)
AE Dispel Magic: Nullify 8 (Counters: Magic, DC 18; Broad, Simultaneous)
AE Telekinesis: Move Object 7 (3 tons; Increased Range: perception, Precise, Subtle 2: undetectable)
AE Eldritch Blast: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged)
AE Telepathy: Mental Communication 4

Offense
Initiative +3
Dispel Magic: Nullify 8, +10 (DC Will 18)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 12)
Endritch Blast: Damage 12, +10 (DC 27)
Eldritch Bindings: Affliction 12, +10 (DC Will 22)
Throw, +7 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 17)

Complications
Fame: Ruler of The Dark Dimension
Power Loss: Clea must speak and gesture to cast spells. When removed from the Dark Dimension, Clea’s spells are Impaired.
Relationship: Clea is a past lover of Doctor Strange

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 14, Will 14

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 87 + Advantages 9 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 194
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Amanda Lofton - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 7, Presence 4

Advantages
Artificer, Equipment 3, Ranged Attack 5, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Trance

Skills
Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: Magic 13 (+15), Insight 5 (+12), Perception 3 (+10), Sleight of Hand 5 (+7)

Powers
Magic Spells
- Mystic Chains: Affliction 12 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
AE Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 11 (Affects: 3 Types - Visual, Auditory, Mental, Range: 8 miles; Subtle 2: undetectable; Limited: Physical Body is Defenseless)
AE Billowing Darkness: Burst Area Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Dispel Magic: Nullify 8 (Counters: Magic, DC 18; Broad, Simultaneous)
AE Ghost Hands: Move Object 7 (3 tons; Increased Range: perception, Precise, Subtle 2: undetectable)
AE Illusory Appearance: Burst Area Morph Attack 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group, DC 13; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Attack: Will, Selective)
AE Magical Blast: Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged)
AE Message: Mental Communication 4
AE Phantasms: Illusion 4 (Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 15 cft., DC 14; Alternate Resistance: Will, Selective)
AE Teleportation: Teleport 3 (250 feet in a move action, carrying 400 lbs.; Accurate, Easy, Extended: 8 miles in 2 move actions, Increased Mass 3, Portal)

Mystic Cloak (Removable)
Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Protection: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness; Impervious)

Equipment
Townhouse

Offense
Initiative +2
Dispel Magic: Nullify 8, +7 (DC Will 18)
Ghost Hands: Move Object 7 (DC 17)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 10)
Illusory Appearance: Burst Area Morph Attack 3 (DC Will 13)
Magical Blast: Damage 12, +7 (DC 27)
Mystic Bindings: Affliction 12, +7 (DC Will 22)
Throw, +7 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 15)

Complications
Motivation: Acceptance:
Motivation: Responsibility:
Power Loss:

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 12, Will 14

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 59 + Advantages 11 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 150

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Updated Beltran with the new points ive gained in the Orange City Campaign im involved in.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42689&p=1089525#p1089525

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 am

This is a character im playing in a Marvel/DC dimensional cross over called Taskforce D.

Castellan - PL 10

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 9, Dexterity 8, Fighting 13, Intellect 4, Awareness 5, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Attractive, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 8, Evasion, Improved Critical 2: Combat Knife: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical 2: Swords: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+10), Athletics 5 (+9), Deception 2 (+4), Insight 2 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+4), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 2 (+7), Persuasion 2 (+4)

Powers
Promethian/Nth Metal Composite Armor (Removable)
- Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)

Enhanced Brain Capacity
- Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Intellect 1 (+1 INT)
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Eidetic Memory)
- Quickness: Quickness 2 (Perform routine tasks in -2 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental)

Heighten Reflexes: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Evasion)

Heightened Speed
- Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Improved Initiative)
- Quickness: Quickness 1 (Perform routine tasks in -1 time ranks)
- Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Helmet (Removable)
- Battle Computer: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Assessment, Well-informed)
- Helmet Comm: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Radio)
- Hud: Enhanced Awareness 1 (+1 AWE, Advantages: Accurate Attack, Uncanny Dodge)
- Senses: Senses 4 (Accurate: Auditory, Extended: Auditory 1: x10, Rapid: Auditory 1)

Power-lifting: Power-lifting 1 (+1 STR for lifting)

Equipment
Trick Arrows
- Cold Arrow: Cone Area Affliction 3 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, DC 13; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cone Area: 60 feet cone, Extended Range 2, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
AE Boomerang Arrow: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 22; Extended Range 2, Homing 3: 3 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Sleep Arrow: Cloud Area Affliction 3 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 13; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Standard Arrow: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 22; Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged)

Weapon's Belt
- Capture Foam Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
AE Collapsible Quarterstaff: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 22; Reach (melee): 5 ft., Split: 2 targets, Subtle: subtle)
AE Combat Knife: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Accurate: +2)
AE Mini Explosive Grenades: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Mini Flash Grenades: Burst Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Mini Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, Increased Range: ranged)
AE Restraints: Feature 2 (Notes: DC 20 escape, toughness 10)
AE Smoke Bomb: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Hide in Plain Sight)
AE Swords: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 22, Advantages: Improved Critical 2, Improved Defense, Improved Smash, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break; Penetrating 6, Split: 2 targets)

Offense
Initiative +13
Boomerang Arrow: Strength-based Damage 3, +13 (DC 22)
Capture Foam Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 16)
Cold Arrow: Cone Area Affliction 3 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 13)
Collapsible Quarterstaff: Strength-based Damage 3, +13 (DC 22)
Combat Knife: Strength-based Damage 1, +15 (DC 20)
Grab, +13 (DC Spec 14)
Mini Explosive Grenades: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Mini Flash Grenades: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 16)
Mini Gas Grenades: Cloud Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Sleep Arrow: Cloud Area Affliction 3 (DC Fort 13)
Standard Arrow: Strength-based Damage 3, +13 (DC 22)
Swords: Strength-based Damage 3, +13 (DC 22)
Throw, +13 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +13 (DC 19)

Complications
Disability: Blind
Identity: Secret
Motivation: Justice
Prejudice: Taskmaster is her father

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 13, Fortitude 11, Toughness 7, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 94 + Powers 22 + Advantages 18 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 160

Background: The accidental offspring of the Taskmaster and his handler, Mercedes, 19 year old Jessica Masters is an only child who was born blind due to genetic complications caused by the drugs her Father took to make himself the Taskmaster. Unwanted and barely acknowledged throughout her childhood, Jessica never-the-less grew up to be an affectionate and compassionate young woman.

Growing up watching her Father’s villainous ways, and having to deal with the predjudice aimed at her by those who automatically assumed she would be like her Father, Jessica made a conscious decision to become the kind of person who puts a stop to people like her Father. She swore from a young age that she would prove them all wrong about her and free herself from the dark shadow cast by her Father, while at the same time ridding the world of villains like him.

At the age of 10 she began combat training to gain the skills she would need to battle the villains she knew were everywhere, gaining exceptional skills despite her lack of sight, due to being very agile. Then, at the age of 18 she assumed the identity of Castellan and set out on her quest to rid the world of villains like her Father.

A recent, and painful, encounter with Bullseye cost the life of Jessica’s best friend, Amy. From that time Jessica has called him her enemy, and has sworn she’ll avenge Amy’s death by bringing Bullseye especially to justice.
Last edited by Aerlwyn on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.

RossN
Bystander
Bystander

Postby RossN » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Loving all these, especially your take on a Green lantern. :)

Utterly out of inspiration at the moment or I'd help with Amanda Lofton's background.

Return to “Roll Call”