The Forge [3E] StarWars: Jedi Scholar, Guardian, and Healer

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] Update

Postby HustlerOne » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Jabroniville wrote:At the "Star Wars: Identities" tour making its way around various cities in Science Centres and the like over the past couple of years, I got to see the authentic original Star Destroyer "miniature" in person. The thing is STAGGERING to behold- longer than a person is tall and SO intricately-detailed. It really shows how much miniature-based shots in outer space can actually work better.

I never knew how big the original miniature model was. :shock: The old models from the prequels look
better than the latest cheap CGI in the new films. The star wars builds will be on hiatus for awhile. I'll
probably do the Mandalorians or the Jedi next if I get back to it.

I broke down and got the Gadget guide mecha. I feel like doing a mecha setting so expect a lot of mech
builds in the future. I'm also updating my old mecha builds. I originally built them as vehicles. Now I
want to convert them as constructs.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] Update

Postby HustlerOne » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I just updated my old Pulsar Varg mech from the Aeon Trinity setting. It's a quick conversion with some
minor adjustments. For your convenience the link is here. I'll have the ExoSquad walker mechs up next.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: The Forge [3E] AeonTrinity: Pulsar Tactical VARG Mech up

Postby Spectrum » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Something that might be fun: once upon a very long time ago (mid90s), Dragon magazine had a /very/ long running discussion on the horribly OP Star Wars rpg 'Red Eyes' armor. Might be fun seeing that in M&M.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] AeonTrinity: Pulsar Tactical VARG Mech up

Postby HustlerOne » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Spectrum wrote:Something that might be fun: once upon a very long time ago (mid90s), Dragon magazine had a /very/ long running discussion on the horribly OP Star Wars rpg 'Red Eyes' armor. Might be fun seeing that in M&M.

I'm afraid I don't know what your talking about. I tried searching the net and couldn't find any info. :?

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] Updates

Postby HustlerOne » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:39 pm

I just updated the AA-569 Amphibious Assault and RA 678 Rapid Assault Exo-Walkers from the
Exosquad setting.

You can find the RA 678 Rapid Assault Exo Walker here.

The AA-569 Amphibious Assault ExoWalker is found here.

I plan to update my battletech or Warhammer40k mecha next. I haven't decided yet. I may
may replace the battletech clan mechs with innersphere mechs instead.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] WH40k and Stargate Update

Postby HustlerOne » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Happy Holidays everybody! :D To celebrate I updated the Imperial DropSentinel and Eldar WarWalker
from my WH40k conversions. I should have the Titans by tomorrow.

I also updated the stasis pod tech used in my stargate builds. The containment pod from the Gadget Guide: Alien Tech was a much better way of doing cryogenics. So I made the necessary tweaks for the Aurora Battleship and Atlantis Cityship which had stasis pods.

You can find the necessary links in the first page index.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] WH40k: Updates

Postby HustlerOne » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38 pm

The Scout Titans are now up. The Warlord Battle Titan is still in the works. Please use
the first page index to find them. Updating Battletech is up next. Although as I said
before I may just replace my current mechs with brand new ones.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] WH40k: Update

Postby HustlerOne » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:11 pm

The Warlord BattleTitan has arrived! It can be found at this link. The Warhound scout titan can also be
found at the same page.

I also forgot to put a convenient link for the Eldar WarWalker which is here.
The Eldar Revenant Scout Titan is located here.

I may actually retire this thread and start a new one. The index is starting to become cluttered.
It's getting unwieldy to navigate. Although I would like to finish my remaining StarWars builds here.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] BattleTech

Postby HustlerOne » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:51 pm

I just replaced my outdated HunchBack Mech with the WolfHound. It can be found here.

I wanted a battlemech that was representative of Innersphere design. It also comes in quite handy
as a mech for Mooks. I will be statting up the MadCat Omnimech soon. Now you can simulate Phelan Kell's
first doomed encounter with the clans! :twisted:

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:20 pm

I just replaced my old Summoner mech with that of the Vulture Omnimech. It can be found in this link.

The Vulture is the most common Omnimech in the clans. It's the closest to being a Clan mech suitable
for minions. It should be noted that it is still more than a match for most innersphere mechs.
The MadCat is up next. I even have the custom version that the Bounty Hunter eventually pilots.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 pm

I have the MadCat OmniMech up. I have a convenient link to it.

The MadCat should most definitely be piloted by the main villains (or NPC) of BattleTech.
It is the symbolic mech of the clans. Heck, of the whole entire battletech franchise at this point. :wink:

I finally updated all of my old mech builds to the official format as presented in Gadget Guide
Mecha. So all of my mechs are now constructs instead of using the vehicle stats. With that done,
I honestly don't know where to go from here. I'm eagerly waiting for the upcoming cosmic handbook
to give me some new ideas (paticurlarly for SCI-FI). I'm seriously considering a fan poll or requests.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] BattleTech: Vulture, MadCat Heavy OmniMec

Postby scc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm

I posted this question in general M&M. Maybe you could answer this question:

I do have the Mecha gadget guide but I am trying to figure out dodge and parry. Do you stack the characters vehicle skill with the Mech's parry or Dodge to get the amount minus half the Mech's size? I know skills can be used for offense of the Mecha just not sure how defense works. Thanks. The examples in the Mecha guide did not help me either. I know the guide says this 'A mecha’s abilities substitute for the pilot’s, combining
the controlling pilot’s skill rank with the mecha’s ability rank (subject to power level limits).'

Also how would initiative work as well. Have to check out your builds to see what you did.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 pm

scc wrote:I posted this question in general M&M. Maybe you could answer this question:

I do have the Mecha gadget guide but I am trying to figure out dodge and parry. Do you stack the characters vehicle skill with the Mech's parry or Dodge to get the amount minus half the Mech's size? I know skills can be used for offense of the Mecha just not sure how defense works. Thanks. The examples in the Mecha guide did not help me either. I know the guide says this 'A mecha’s abilities substitute for the pilot’s, combining the controlling pilot’s skill rank with the mecha’s ability rank (subject to power level limits).'

Also how would initiative work as well. Have to check out your builds to see what you did.

I noticed that the pilot's vehicle skill rank does not stack with the Mech's Parry or dodge. Instead it stacks
with the Mecha's Dexterity. So you would disregard a pilot's natural dodge/parry and just use the Mecha's
own. A pilot no matter how good they are at dodging (out of the cockpit) will be limited once inside a bulky mecha. So a pilot with a dodge of 6 outside the cockpit would be forced to use the Mecha's dodge of 3 no matter what.

The same goes for the initiative. You use the Mecha's agility to determine initiative instead of the pilot's natural agility. Although presumably a pilot can still use his improved initiative advantage to increase it.

Hopefully this helps you.

This sorta makes sense since I remember Amuro from the original Gundam soon surpassed the mecha he piloted. The Gundam was getting too slow for Amuro! Notice that the Red Comet (aka Char) could only
do so much with his awesome piloting skills to make up for the shortcomings of his obsolete Zaku.

All this confusion is probably due to the fact that we didn't get Mecha Pilot Archetypes to go along with
the sample mechas. Heck, some more Mecha examples probably would have helped. Especially when it
came to transforming and gestalt mechas.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks for the answers. Still have some questions about it. I read it over a couple times and I can understand how using the character's pilot skill in place of or stacking with the Mech's defenses can make things unrealistic like having a colossal mech with 12 dodge and parry. I was thinking a lot about how 2nd edition did it thus my confusion. I could see a pilot having a feat or benefit that increase the dodge and parry of a specific type of mech.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The Forge [3E] StarWars Update

Postby HustlerOne » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:30 pm

I have just begun work on phase two of my StarWars/Clone Wars conversions. I will be building
the Mandalorians and the Jedi next. Although the complex Jedi may take awhile.

Return to “Roll Call”