Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

CBWJM's Builds: Gilgamesh the Forgotten One

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: CBWJM's Builds: Nippontai (Aberrant)

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Nice to see you back on the Aberrant stuff.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cbwjm » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:03 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Nice to see you back on the Aberrant stuff.

Good to be back on it. I should have the rest of Nippontai on the way although my posting schedule may be a little haphazard at best. I was also working on the Terat Shrapnel, I was planning on using Shrapnel from the DC H&V 2 book as a basic for tidying her up only to find out that they were already pretty similar.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Postby HustlerOne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 am

cbwjm wrote:

Good to be back on it. I should have the rest of Nippontai on the way although my posting schedule may be a little haphazard at best. I was also working on the Terat Shrapnel, I was planning on using Shrapnel from the DC H&V 2 book as a basic for tidying her up only to find out that they were already pretty similar.

Your Kou build turned out well. She's pretty much Jean Grey as I expected. Still I always found it strange that the Aberrants had psychic powers when they're not supposed to. I'm looking forward to the rest of Nippontai.

By the way I always figured that the Teragen Shrapnel was more like DC's Fire. Basically a flying blaster with a alternate form. Of course I don't have the H&V 2 book yet so I don't know about the DC version of Shrapnel. I simply wanted to see at least one woman from the Teragen so that each major Aberrant faction had a female representative.
HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby cbwjm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:27 pm

HustlerOne wrote:
cbwjm wrote:

Your Kou build turned out well. She's pretty much Jean Grey as I expected. Still I always found it strange that the Aberrants had psychic powers when they're not supposed to. I'm looking forward to the rest of Nippontai.

By the way I always figured that the Teragen Shrapnel was more like DC's Fire. Basically a flying blaster with a alternate form. Of course I don't have the H&V 2 book yet so I don't know about the DC version of Shrapnel. I simply wanted to see at least one woman from the Teragen so that each major Aberrant faction had a female representative.

Yeah, Kou pretty much is a Jean Gray analogue, even has the name codename Phoenix and a phoenix shaped aura. I think they explained Psi abilities in Novas as abilities which imitated the psionics rather than being psionic themselves, essentially the same but different.

I need to read up on Aberrant's Shrapnel again before I can post her, from what I can recall she has the alternate form where she is energy encased in shards of metal. I've also got at least a couple more Nippontai members ready to post but like shrapnel I need to read their (very small) descriptions again.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Postby cbwjm » Sun May 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Kyojin - PL 10

Strength 4/12, Stamina 6/14, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages: Benefit 3 (Security Clearance, Status: Member of Nippontai, Wealth 1), Chokehold, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Power Attack

Skills: Athletics 6 (+10/+18), Expertise: Construction 11 (+12), Insight 5 (+7), Perception 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Throw 7 (+8)

Powers
Growth: Growth 8 (+8 STR, +8 STA, +4 Intimidate, -8 Stealth, -4 active defenses, +2 size categories, +1 speed ranks); Reduced Trait -8 (Fortitude -1 per rank of Growth); Impervious Toughness 14 (6+1 point per rank of growth); Power-lifting 3
Regeneration 2
Resistance: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Strength Feats
  • Burst Area Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Prone, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
  • Cone Area Damage 6 (Alternate; sonic, DC 21; Cone Area: 60 feet cone)
Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +8, Close, Special
Throw +8, Ranged, varies
Unarmed +8, Close, +4/+12

Defense: Dodge 10/6, Parry 10/6, Fortitude 12, Toughness 6/14, Will 8

Complications
Fame: All members of Nippontai have celebrity status in Japan.
Responsibility: Nippontai is a government sponsored superteam.

Languages: Japanese

Power Points: Abilities 48 + Powers 39 + Advantages 9 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 135/150

Haruki Furukawa came from a poor family in Chiba. When a minor earthquate collapsed the construction site he was working at, Haruki erupted, growing to giant size to push aside the rubble and help rescue his fellow workers. He is a humble fellow, somewhat awed by his membership in Nippontai and fiercely loyal to the team.

-Aberrant Player's Guide, pg 152

Originally I was going to make him fairly strong even before applying the growth effect which naturally won't balance in Herolab because you can't limit the power to disregard the strength and stamina components. I've got around this by reducing his strength and stamina to lower levels and adding in reduced trait for Fortitude so that it doesn't alter when he uses his super power. the Reduced trait cost 1pp because that is how Herolabs works, not sure if that should be correct but for what I want it works fine.

As mentioned the majority of his strength comes from Growth. After rereading what little there is in his biography he erupted gaining growth powers when the building site he was working on collapsed and he used his new powers to save his fellow workers so really I'm fine with him having most of his strength from his Growth abilities.

I was aiming to make all members of Nippontai PL10/150pp heroes but Kyojin comes in undercost which is fine I guess as there isn't really anything else I can think to give him.
Last edited by cbwjm on Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Postby cbwjm » Mon May 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Asahi "Rising Sun" - PL 10

Strength 7, Stamina 5, Agility 7, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Benefit 3 (Security Clearance, Status: Member of Nippontai, Wealth 1), Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Break

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+13), Athletics 5 (+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+12), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 5 (+7), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Plasma Projection: Blast 10 7 (+10)

Powers
Plasma Projection: Blast 10 (heat)
  • Plasma Fists (heat; Penetrating 7 added to Strength damage)
Resistance: Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Environmental Resistance: Immunity 2 (Cold, Heat)

Offense
Initiative +7
Plasma Projection +10, Ranged, Damage 10
Unarmed +12, Close, Damage 7

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8/5, Will 10

Complications
Fame: All members of Nippontai have celebrity status in Japan.
Responsibility: Nippontai is a government sponsored superteam.

Languages: Japanese

Power Points: Abilities 66 + Powers 24 + Advantages 18 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 150

Asahi is an energy using martial artist, difficult to cram into 150 points but I think he came out OK, not much in the way of techniques with his Plasma Projection though although his ability to surround his hands with plasma energy means even the toughest opponent will be required to resist his unarmed attacks.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Aberrant and other stuff: This week Totentanz

Postby cbwjm » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:23 pm

cbwjm wrote:

Splash - PL 11

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 9, Dexterity 7, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Advantages
Benefit 4 (Backing (Wealth) 3, T2M Team Leader), Connected, Favored Environment: Underwater, Languages 1, Leadership, Skill Mastery 3 (Acrobatics, Athletics, Persuasion)

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+17), Athletics 8 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 7 (+11), Deception 3 (+7), Expertise: Science 3 (+5), Expertise: Survival 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Water Mastery 2 (+9), Treatment 3 (+5)

Powers
Elemental Mastery (Water): 26 point array
    Element Control 13 Ranged Move Object (Element: Water, 200 tons); Damaging, Sustained; Dynamic - 27 points
    Snare: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction 8 (hindered and vulnerable/defenseless and immobilized; Extra Condition, Resisted by Dodge, Limited Degree); Dynamic - 2 point
    Storm: Burst Area Damage 11 linked with Environment 2 (Impede Movement (1 rank), Visibility (-2), Radius: 60 feet) - 1 point
    Drown: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 6 (Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated; Resisted by Fortitude) - 1 point
Resistance: Immunity 2 (disease, poison; limited to half effect)
Water Form: (Activation: Move Action)
    Concealment 4 (Sense - Sight; Limited: In water only); Elongation 1; Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects); Insubstantial 1 (Fluid); Propel: Swimming 10 (500 mph); Protection 8, Impervious 10 - 40 points

Offense
Initiative +9
Snare +9, Ranged, Snare 8
Suffocation +9, Ranged, Progressive Affliction 6
Unarmed +11, Close, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 11, Fortitude 10, Toughness 2/10, Will 11

Complications
Weakness: Splash is vulnerable to heat damage while in her water form and takes an additional degree of effect.

Languages: English, Hindi

Power Points
Abilities 64 + Powers 98 + Advantages 11 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 229

I've finally got around to updating Splash of T2M, I've been sitting on the update for ages and now I've finally fixed her. She goes up one power level, is more agile and dextrous and gains a few more skills as well as having an updated water form from the water powers profile. Most of the updates were done after I had made a few builds and had some sort of haphazard method in converting characters from Aberrant.

She gained 61pp in the build, nearly half of this was due to the fortitude immunity in her water form.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Re: CBWJM's Builds: Updated Splash (Aberrant)

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Always was my favorite.. and no her outfit had nothing to do with it. :lol: :wink:
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cbwjm » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm posting this not in an effort to push my thread to the top (that is just a side benefit) but so that the spam threads get pushed further to the bottom.

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Always was my favorite.. and no her outfit had nothing to do with it. :lol: :wink:

She does have a great costume. What I like most about how they have drawn her in the image I use was that her hair also seems to be liquid moving in a similar fashion to the water she is manipulating. Actually that could easily be a minor aberration.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:47 pm

cbwjm wrote:I'm posting this not in an effort to push my thread to the top (that is just a side benefit) but so that the spam threads get pushed further to the bottom.

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Always was my favorite.. and no her outfit had nothing to do with it. :lol: :wink:

She does have a great costume. What I like most about how they have drawn her in the image I use was that her hair also seems to be liquid moving in a similar fashion to the water she is manipulating. Actually that could easily be a minor aberration.

Yes it could
:)
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cbwjm » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Elemental - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 0, Intellect -2, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Skills:Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat: Fire Control 6 (+10)

Powers
Elemental Nature: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
Fire Control: 20 point array
  • Fire Ball: Ranged Burst Area Damage 6
  • Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 10
  • FlameThrower: Line Area Damage 10
  • Nova Blast: Burst Area 2 Damage 10; Tiring
Fire Form: Reaction Damage 5, Insubstantial 3 (Fire; Permanent), Protection 5
All-around Sight: Senses 2(Radius: Visual)

Offense
Initiative +4
Fire Blast +10, ranged, Damage 10

Defense: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 7, Will 10

Complications
Unthinking Force of Nature: The elemental always reacts with the most obvious action.
Weakness Water: A major weakness vs water

Languages: Something burny sounding

Power Points: Abilities 20 + Powers 95 + Advantages 0 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 28 = 150

I was a little bored so I figured I would raise my thread from the dead with a power profile inspired build. It fits the starting PL 10/150pp although as this character is a (near) mindless force of elemental fire it may not be the best for a player character.

The build is full on ranged combat with a close burst for up close. I could probably have changed the build around a little and given it some close combat ability with a straight damage attack.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Re: CBWJM's Builds: Power Profiles Inspiration

Postby Aerlwyn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Borrowed a few ideas from your Sersi build for a character i was wanting to build. Looking forward to reading more of your character ideas in the future.
Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Re: CBWJM's Builds: Power Profiles Inspiration

Postby cbwjm » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Aerlwyn wrote:Borrowed a few ideas from your Sersi build for a character i was wanting to build. Looking forward to reading more of your character ideas in the future.

Definitely feel free to use anything I've posted, I happily get ideas from others who build powers that make mine look rather clunky.

I was actually a little surprised the other day to see my thread on the first page. I've been spending far too much time playing WoW and now that Baldur's Gate EE has been released I think my time will bedivided between the two. Because WoW has taken up so much of my time I decided to do a quick write up of my main pc. Grayhair, Guildmaster of the Guild of Good (name shamelessly stolen from The Guild webseries). His armoury is here, fairly certain it can be seen without having an account for anyone interested.

Grayhair - PL 12

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 7, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages: Artificer, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2: Magic Array, Improved Critical: Magic Array, Inventor, Ritualist, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Magic, Skill Mastery: Technology

Skills Close Combat: Staff 5 (+7), Expertise: Engineering 7 (+14), Expertise: Magic 12 (+19), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Magic 8 (+10), Technology 8 (+15), Treatment 6 (+13), Vehicles 8 (+10)

Powers
Ice Barrier: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Impervious, Sustained)
Magic Array (28 point array)
  • Arcane Blast: Blast 14
  • Arcane Explosion: Burst Area Damage 9 (Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere)
  • Arcane Missiles: Blast 9 (Accurate, Multiattack)
  • Frost Nova: Burst Area Affliction 12 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, Immobile; Resisted by Dodge), Extra Condition; Limited Degree linked with Damage 4
  • Living Bomb: Ranged Burst Area Damage 10 (fire, Burst Area [6 ranks only])
Spinal Healing Injector: Healing 6; Removable
Synapse Springs: Enhanced Trait 2; Removable, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Activation: move action, Fades, Unreliable (5 uses)
Worgen: (Activation: Move Action) Claws: Strength-based Damage 1;Enhanced Agility 2; Enhanced Stamina 2; Enhanced Strength 2; Running Wild: Speed 2 (8mph); Senses 3 (Extended Smell 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Ultra-hearing)

Offense
Initiative +3
Arcane Blast +10, ranged, damage 14
Arcane Missiles +12 ranged, multiattack damage 9
Living Bomb +10 ranged, damage 10, burst area damage 6

Languages: Common

Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 7, Fortitude 11, Toughness 14, Will 13

Power Points: Abilities 40 + Powers 80 + Advantages 7 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Defenses 28 = 193

I threw this together fairly quick so I may have missed a few things. Apart from his engineering tinkers I haven't really included any of the equipment, it would get a little out of hand if you tried to include all of the gear that WoW characters get when translating to MnM.

You might ask why the Technology and Vehicles skill. This is due only to the Engineering profession (I pretty much ignored tailoring) and the flying choppers that you can create with it.

I may include a few other spells I sometimes use like polymorph, slow fall, and fire blast at a later date.
cbwjm
Henchman
Henchman

Re: CBWJM's Builds: World of Warcraft eats my time

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Interesting choice to use Alternate Form for a racial package. Which means his abilities can be turned off, are the Wargen , were-wolves? IF not, use a multiple power frame work. basically putting all the powers together as one single power. Then I usually use a feature to simulate the Innate function for everything in it.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: CBWJM's Builds: World of Warcraft eats my time

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm

@JoshuaDunlow- Yep, Worgen are very much the stereotypical Victorian werewolves through the WoW arcanotech lens.

@cbwjm- So many fun ideas for moving characters/monsters/bosses from WoW to M&M. It might be cool to have a spot light series similar to the one that Adventure Dan has been doing for D&D 4th covering various races/classes/cool concepts.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call