Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Sev's Arena: Valor City (Legend)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: Sev's Arena: Gouf

Postby Doresh » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Severance wrote:Also with this build I've figured out that I like the new quirk I added for Growth on mobile suits. Instead of adding onto the Strength and Stamina directly, the Growth replaces the pilot's stats. Feels more like the Mecha and Manga book that way (as I liked its mech building rules).

That's something I considered as well, aside from having negative levels of Enhanced Strength and Stamina to buy off the pilot's attributes (though that solution is not very elegant if there's lots of mecha swapping involved, but it's more accurate I guess).
Doresh
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Sev's Arena: Sandrock Kai

Postby Severance » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:33 pm

XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Kai (Removable) [76pp]
Activate Systems (Alternate Form, Standard Action, -2pp)
. . Anti-Beam Cloak: Immunity 5 (Damage Effect: Lasers; Limited - Half Effect, Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Comm System: Radio Communication 2 (Subtle: encrypted)
. . Giant Mecha: Growth 12 (+12 STR, +12 STA, +6 Intimidate, -12 Stealth, -6 active defenses, +3 size categories, +1 speed ranks; Innate; Permanent, Quirk: Replaces Strength and Stamina)
. . Gundanium Alloy: Impervious Toughness 14
. . Heavily Armored: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
. . Leg Actuators: Speed 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
. . Sensors: Senses 4 (Extended: Sight 2: x100, Infravision, Radio)
. . Thruster Flight: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Limited: Space Only)
. . . . Boosted Jumps: Leaping 7 (Alternate; Leap 900 feet at 250 miles/hour)
. . Weapon Systems
. . . . Chest Missile Launchers: Burst Area Blast 10 (explosive, DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Unreliable (5 uses))
. . . . Head Mounted Vulcans: Blast 8 (ballistic, DC 23; Multiattack)
. . . . Heat Shotels: Strength-based Damage 4 (slashing, DC 31, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Split: 2 targets)
. . Zero-G Thrusters: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G)

- Taking a break from the Universal Century of Gundam in order to write-up a build for a fellow Roll Caller. The Sandrock Kai is the most heavily armored of the 5 main Gundams from Gundam Wing. It sports not only extra armor, but a specially treated cloak that can actually blunt the effects of beam weaponry (though only a few times before its destroyed). Its a pretty good damage dealer, armed with missiles, vulcan cannons and its famous heat shotels, which can easily cleave through mobile suits like hot butter. Sandrock Kai is also notable for being one of the only other mobile suits to have the Zero System equipped (though it was only temporary, and thus should be considered a one time adventure upgrade game wise).
Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sev's Arena: Its A Gundam! (Gouf, Sandrock Kai)

Postby Devastation Bob » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:01 am

Is, "It's a Gundam!" Japanese for, "Everyone is about to die!"
The fact that the enemies would stay on the field when one of these godmode gobots showed up is a valid argument for giving those mooks the fearless advantage.
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton
Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Sev's Arena: Valor City (Legend!)

Postby Severance » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:10 am

"There's a hero inside all of us, never forget that."
Legend - PL 12

Strength 15, Stamina 15, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 9, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Benefit (Perfect Timing), Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort: Strength, Ultimate Effort: Toughness

Skills
Deception 2 (+5), Expertise: History 4 (+6), Expertise: Writing 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 2 (+4), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: Throw 4 (+5)

Powers
Invulnerable
. . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 10
Super-Speed
. . Pure Speed
. . . . Quickness: Quickness 8 (Perform routine tasks in -8 time ranks)
. . . . Speed: Speed 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
. . Soaring The Skies: Flight 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
Super-Strength: Power-lifting 2 (+2 STR for lifting)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 25)
Throw, +5 (DC 30)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 30)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 15, Toughness 15, Will 9

Complications
Motivation (Doing Good): Throughout the years, Legend has focused his considerable power towards helping the betterment of mankind.
Secret (true identity): Legend is more often under the guise of Daniel Freeman, a relatively successful writer of historical books looking at the early to late 20th century who lives in a rural town somewhat near Valor City.

Power Points
Abilities 96 + Powers 39 + Advantages 12 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 180

The man who would later become known simply as Legend seemingly fell from the sky in Russia during the 1908 Tunguska blast event. Amnesiac, disoriented, and completely naked (though pretty much unharmed) this mysterious man wandered the country until being found by some kind locals. Guessing that he must have been either an American or Englishman (guessed from his foreign speech) who had been placed in a bad situation, they gave him clothing, food, and shelter. For a while, he stayed with these villagers, even giving himself the name Daniel, a name he heard during a church gathering. Eventually, however, he continued his travels, crossing through Europe. Along the way, he found that his strange "gifts" as the villagers had called them, were continually growing and he would use them to help various others that he ran across during travel. By the 1920s Daniel had crossed the Atlantic and found himself in the United States, which is when he discovered the existence of so called "mystery men", those who fought injustice while disguised and from the shadows. Daniel felt the need to do the same deep down in his soul for some unexplained reason. However, he was different. Instead of hiding from the people he would stand out among them as a true symbol, to not only save them but also to give them hope of something better. His first deeds were in the nearby city of Valor, a burgeoning metropolis, and the newspapers began to dub him a modern marvel, like a "legendary hero of myth come to life!" Thus began the greatest superhero Valor City (perhaps even the world) had ever seen...

His disappearance only some months ago (dubbed by some as the "death" of Legend, though not entirely accurate) is still felt, though those who worked beside him still continue to try and make up for his absence, knowing that even though he physically is gone, his spirit still exists within the hearts of those that stand up to protect humanity.

:arrow: Well, I figured I needed to finally stat out some of the people from my home setting Valor City. Valor City wasn't completely created by me, but it was the setting that I learned to play not only M&M in but also pen-and-paper rpgs also (back when I was a younger greenhorn) so it really holds a special place in my heart and memories. Legend was our setting's equivalent to Superman, his origin unknown but his drive to protect those around him unequaled. I was there in one of our very last sessions when he sacrificed himself to stop a world threatening villain (Dark Horizon, who was similar to an less powerful but darker Silver Surfer) by pulling him into an interdimensional rift. When my GM and I parted ways, he gave me Valor City's setting to use, and so in honor of him I named the world's greatest hero at that point after him (Daniel) who up till then didn't have a non-heroic identity.
Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Sev's Arena: Valor City (Legend)

Postby Spectrum » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 am

Welcome back Sev!

Legend looks like an interesting take on the 'Severse's big good.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Previous

Return to Roll Call