Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Blade's 3rd Ed Builds

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Blade's 3rd Ed Builds

Postby Bladewind » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Wheeljack
Wheeljack (Dead End)
PL9

Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina 0, Agility 4, Dexterity 6, Fighting 3, Intellect 4, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Powers
"Cybertronian Physiology:
Size (Large): Growth 4 [Permanent], Toughness: Protection 7, Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30, More than Meets the Eye: Shapeshift 1, Mental Quickness: Quickness 2 [Limited to Mental Tasks]
(50 points)
Weapons:
Removable (-1 points)
Energy Batons: Damage 2 [Strength Based; Split Attack, Rapid Attack]
Alt: Blaster: Blast 2
(5 points)"

Equipment

Advantages
Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative 1, Improvised Tools, Jack-of-all-Trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Inventor, Assessment

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+12), Close Combat: Energy Batons 3 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+10), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise: Technology 5 (+9), Expertise (+4), Expertise (+4), Expertise (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation: Note: Perm Growth modifier included. 1 (+4), Investigation (+4), Perception (+1), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand (+6), Stealth (+4), Technology 9 (+13), Treatment (+4), Vehicles (+6)

Offense
Initiative +8
"Energy Batons +10, Damage 8
Unarmed +10, Damage 8
Blaster +6, Damage 2"

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 5
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 2), Fortitude 0, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 55 + Advantages 16 + Skills 19 + Defenses 14 = Total 140

Complications
Hatred - Autobots
Hatred - Other Stunticons
Energon Junkie
Obsession - Destroying Hot Rod

Design Notes
:arrow: I’ve replaced Dead End in the Gestalt mostly because I don’t really care for the name. I was going through my “Who’s Who” in the Armada series and like the idea of a defected Autobot trapped by the need for Energon. The Autobots at large are not aware that it is one of their own forming the leg of Menasor...
:arrow: Given his addiction to Energon and the damage incurred when he was “abandoned” by his former friend Hot Shot, I am also thinking along the lines that he is something of a ghost of his former self and that a lot of his fighting abilities have been “lost.” (In other words, I would have pegged him at PL 10 with a few more points but really wanted to fit him into the allotment I determined with the Gestalt power in Menasor.
:arrow: Wheeljack appears to be five points over his point total. I actually did this one right though. The Toughness is charged properly and the extra five points are his allotment from Shapeshift.
:arrow: Not sure if this is “legal” but the energy batons technically break the PL for the character unless he splits the attack.
:arrow: Other than that, a reasonably good fighter with some engineering skills...
:arrow: Of all my TF builds to date, I think Wheeljack most justifies (and would most use) the Shapeshift power. He would use them to reroute power and ability to his weapons array (to hit caps).
:arrow: I have plans for his car mode... An Audi R8.

Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Downshift
PL9

Abilities
Strength 8, Stamina 0, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness -1, Presence -1

Powers
Cybertronian Physiology:
Size (Large): Growth 4 [Permanent], Toughness: Protection 6, Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30, More than meets the Eye: Shapeshift 1
(48 points)
Weapons Array:
Blaster: Blast 10
(20 points)

Equipment

Advantages
Assessment, Luck 2, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Defensive Roll 2, Skill Mastery [Technology], Improved Initiative 2, Jack-of-All-Trades, Precise Attack, Ultimate Effort [Spend HP for auto 20 on Technology], Power Attack, Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics (+1), Athletics (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+7), Deception 4 (+3), Expertise: Physical Sciences 4 (+6), Expertise: Engineering 8 (+10), Expertise: Structural 4 (+6), Expertise: Demolitions 10 (+12), Insight (+-1), Intimidation: Note: Perm Growth modifier included. (+1), Investigation 2 (+4), Perception (+-1), Persuasion (+-1), Ranged Combat: Blaster 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Stealth (+1), Technology 10 (+12), Treatment (+2), Vehicles (+2)

Offense
Initiative +9
Blaster +8, Damage 10
Unarmed +7, Damage 8

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 10
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 2), Fortitude 0, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 14 +
Powers 68 +
Advantages 15 +
Skills 27 +
Defenses 16 =
Total 140

Complications
Addiction: Energon
Hatred: Motormaster
Obsession: Building Explosives

Design Notes
:arrow: The part of Drag Strip has been assigned to Downshift. This one is a simple rename and not meant to represent any other character in the Transformers universe. I actually made the decision to change the name when I came across a female version of Drag Strip and immediately thought Drag Queen and the whole thing spiralled downward... Downshift it is, even if there are horrible innuendos and references available there too...
:arrow: Downshift is a brutal warrior interested only in destroying his opponents so that he can harvest the energy from their sparks. He is sadistic and cruel, and truly only looks out for himself.
:arrow: I was toying with a vampiric style ability where the character drains energon from his foes, but I think this is more of a plot device and story driven. He'll only "feed" on those he kills or other sources of Energon.
:arrow: I chose to alternate modes as evidenced by the pictures above. The reason for this is that with the actual “typical” dragster form he won’t be driving down the street anytime soon. Not that the other will not attract attention, but it would have slightly better maneuverability at least…
:arrow: my standard Transformers creation – Shapeshift, Growth… and he fits into the point total of the Gestalt Summon… (5 points over to permit for the points from Shapeshift being assigned.)
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Broadside
PL16

Abilities
Strength 15, Stamina 0, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Powers
Cybertronian Physiology:
Size: Growth 10, More than Meets the Eye: Shapeshift 1, Toughness: Protection 25 [10 pts from Growth; Impervious 15], Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30, Understand Languages: Comprehend 2, Increased Mass: Feature 2 [100 tonnes]
(94 points)
Weapons System:
Railgun: Blast 17 [Penetrating 10]
(44 points)

Equipment
N/A

Advantages
Ranged Attack 6, Improved Aim

Skills
Athletics (+15), Deception (+3), Expertise: Navigation 8 (+12), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation: Note: Perm Growth modifier included. (+8), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat: Railgun 3 (+13), Stealth (+4), Technology 15 (+19)

Offense
Initiative +4
Railgun +13, Damage 17

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7
Toughness 25 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 0, Will 16

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 138 + Advantages 7 + Skills 17 + Defenses 24 = Total 240
Complications
Personnel (Cannot transform unless completely evacuated)
Transformation time (In certain circumstances, the time to transform can be a liability…)

Design Notes
:arrow: see the entry on Aircraft Carrier Mode
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 pm

Broadside
PL16

Abilities
Strength 23, Stamina 0, Agility -1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Powers
Cybertronian Physiology:
Size: Growth 30 [- 10 Toughness], Toughness (From Growth): Protection 18 [Impervious], More than Meets the Eye: Shapeshift 1, Understand Languages: Comprehend 2 [Human languages], Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30
(108 points)
Aircraft Carrier Traits:
30 Knots per hour (56 kph/ 35 mph): Swimming 6
Alt: Sea Sparrow Missiles: Damage 13 [Multi attack, Ranged; Split]
(7 points)
Weapons Systems:
Rail Gun: Blast 17 [Penetrating 10]
Alt: Rolling Airframe Missiles: Damage 13 [Penetrating, Ranged; Split]
Alt: Torpedoes: Damage 8 [Homing, Perception (+2)]
(46 points)

Equipment
"Defense System
Alt: Missile System: Blast 16 [+16 to hit]Other Features
Library (1 points)
Living Space (approx 4000 ppl) (1 points)
Personnel (1 points)
Power System (1 points)
Workshop (1 points)
Sensory Array: Senses 1 [Analytical ""Sight,"" ""Hearing;"" Counters Invisibility, Darkvision, Direction Sense, ], Sensory Array (Con't): Senses 0 [Analytical Extended (6) Detect Energon (2), Radar/Sonar (Extended 4 Hearing, Penetrates Concealment) Time Sense, Ultravision]
Standard Equipment
Size (6 ep), Toughness (24 ep), Communications (1 ep), Computer (1 ep), Toughness (1 ep), Gym (1 ep), Hangar (1 ep), Holding Cells (1 ep), Infirmary (1 ep), Isolated (1 ep)"

Advantages
Equipment 9 [50 points of equipment (HQ traits)], Ranged Attack 6, Favored Environment [Circumstance Bonus on the seas], Improved Aim

Skills
Athletics (+23), Deception (+3), Expertise: Navigation 11 (+15), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation: Note: Perm Growth modifier included. (+18), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+3), Ranged Combat: Rail Gun 7 (+15), Ranged Combat: Sea Sparrow Missiles 11 (+19), Ranged Combat: Rolling Airframe Missiles 11 (+19), Stealth (+-1), Technology 15 (+19), Vehicles 13 (+15)

Offense
Initiative --1
"Rail Gun +15, Damage 17
Sea Sparrow Missiles +19, Damage 13
Rolling Airframe Missiles +19, Damage 13"

Defense
Dodge -16, Parry 4
Toughness 18 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 0, Will 13

Power Points

Abilities -4 + Powers 161 + Advantages 17 + Skills 36 + Defenses 30 = Total 240

Complications
Personnel (Cannot transform unless completely evacuated)
Transformation time (In certain circumstances, the time to transform can be a liability…)

Design Notes
:arrow: First. I know. Broadside has the appeal of Hank Pym and Aquaman rolled into one. I happen to like this particular picture and simply felt like doing something a little (ok, a lot) contrary to my standard Transformers.
:arrow: This is the only build to date that goes against the mass-displacement “rules” that I have been observing. I’ve been going over a lot of the notes on Transformers on the net and think that it might be interesting to have a few mass displacing Transformers. Broadside is the first of these.
:arrow: Broadside’s robot form is a “standard” sized robot relative to his jet form’s mass.
:arrow: This was built as a construct in the same way as a player character would be built and not as a vehicle.
:arrow: I am sure that there are a few areas where the build can be tightened, especially in Aircraft Carrier mode..
:arrow: The HQ features are meant to represent the fact that most of those abilities are abilities that broadside does not “benefit” from himself
:arrow: The Toughness score is adjusted in that he is actually not as tough as his size would indicate – the mass displacement technology only goes so far, so his armour is thinner than his size would warrant.
:arrow: There are missiles listed as an alt power in the aircraft carrier traits – this actually alts off of the railgun and is intended for use to counter incoming ballistic missiles. Parry is also represented in this build to accomplish the same thing (although, given his size, its not something he is particularly good at...).
:arrow: I am still working on the mechanic for the railgun in aircraft carrier mode. I want to put it at Perception Range but at the same time add a flaw to increase it’s action to perhaps a full action. The part I have issue with is the PL limit versus the lack of need for an attack bonus.
:arrow: Although on the Destroyer, USS Kidd, in Revenge of the Fallen, I have retconned that aspect of the film’s events for my setting to actually be Broadside. (He is also the carrier that brings the Autobots back to the states at the end of the film in lieu of the John C. Stennis.) Broadside does not have a form as a Destroyer, I simply have the Railgun on the aircraft carrier, although it is easily conceivable that the Earth-based version of the railgun is on the Kidd and Broadside has his own railgun...
:arrow: With Shapeshift, it is conceivable that Broadside is actually an Autobot space transport... with nothing comparable in Earth technology he imaged on the one thing of the same size... an aircraft carrier.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:24 am

Road Rage (Road Hugger)
PL9

Abilities
Strength 7, Stamina NA, Agility 6, Dexterity 4, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Powers
Cybertronian Form:
Size (Large):
Growth 4 [Permanent],
Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30,
Speed 3,
More Than Meets the Eye: Shapeshift 1
(49 points)
Weapons Array:
Concussion Blaster: Blast 1
Alt: Vibrational Attack: Affliction 10
(3 points)

Equipment

Advantages
Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion, Improved Initiative 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Redirect, Assessment, All-out Attack, Favored Environment [Urban], Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Smash, Improvised Weapon, Instant Up, Seize Initiative

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+9), Athletics (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+11), Deception 4 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation: Note: Perm Growth modifier included. 2 (+5), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception (+2), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat: Concussion Blaster 4 (+8), Stealth 5 (+11), Technology 3 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +14
Unarmed +11, Damage 7
Vibrational Attack +4, Damage 10
Concussion Blaster +8, Damage 10
Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 8
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 2), Fortitude 0, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 52 + Advantages 22 + Skills 15 + Defenses 21 = Total 140

Complications
Rage - although an excellent scout adept at stealth and sneakery, can be goaded into violent outbursts
Hatred - Motormaster
Energon Junkie

Design Notes:
:arrow: Continuing the Stunticons… Road Rage (Road Hugger in the image of Menasor a page back.) Like all of my Transfomers to date, he is built as a construct. (This may change once I complete the Stunticons.)
:arrow: Note that in the actual cost once again is five points over to account for allotted Shapeshift points.
:arrow: Only two ranks of his Concussive Blaster are paid for. He can allot a full ten ranks, pulling the points via shapeshift from his advantages. The Offensive notes above take into account that this is done.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:17 pm

A Guide to Building Transformers

First and foremost, this post is more of a "How I do it and why" as opposed to anything else. I happen to really like other people's take on the Transformers, but I've pretty much been doing it this way since I started with them and have continued until now...

Not to be confused with creation rules regarding the crunchy-bits mechanics wise, this is a revised guide that I use in my campaign to give players a solid foundation on which to build their Transformer and avoid in-game headaches as to what their shapeshifting can/ cannot do. The obvious question of Autobot or Decepticon is left off this list... Further, this guide ignores the "construct or not" debate that I have been recently having... I've finally decided to go with not.

1. How big is your character?
- In conjunction with question 2, determine a size for the character.
- Determine whether or not size alteration/ displacement is permissible/ fits the concept.

2. Define the Character’s Alt Mode characteristics
- What is the basic idea? Be it Cybertronian, Earth or based on another worldly vehicle, at its most basic form, what is the Alt Mode? Is it a truck? A car? A jet? An interstellar fighter? Answering this question will determine what the character can image on.
- What is the vehicles movement type (generally answered in the first part of the question.)?
- What is the vehicle’s top speed?
- How long can it maintain that speed before requiring refuelling?
- Is the character a Triple Changer (or more? Or something else entirely?) See question three for details on Multiple Changers.
- At the same time, it is worth mentioning that the primary mode does not have to be a bi-pedal humanoid form, even if most Transformers are known as such.

3. Define Speciality
- What is the character’s role? Spy? Warrior? Scout? Leader? Scientist?
- Triplechangers should have a Feature as part of their Shapechanging powers to represent the fact they have to Alt Mode types. Define extra Alt Modes as per question 2. (.i.e ranks in Metamorph)
- For inspiration, the “classes” available to many MMORPG make excellent starting points. Leader Class, Scientist, Scout and Warrior are arguably the basis of virtually all Transformer characters in one way or another.
- Is the character a part of a Combiner or other sub-group?

4. Define Sensory Array
- Characters do not have access to all the powers listed under communication and senses. Some never employ more than basic senses as they were not designed to do recon or their form did not anticipate the need for senses of that scale. Some might have visual shielding enabling them to look at a sun going nova...
- Define what type of Senses the character can call up. It makes no sense, for instance, for Perceptor to suddenly have Radar abilities. Blaster, on the other hand, can use his abilities to obtain any power with a descriptor or “Communication.”
- I have taken to using Equipment Points to define sensory arrays on Transformers whose main power is not sensory based. Perceptor, for instance, should use standard Power Points to develop his senses whereas most other bots have a few sensory abilities that don't compare in the least...
- All Transformers can, regardless of their defined array, allocate a point to Radio Communication if it is not a part of their abilities – that is they can hear Radio Communications. They cannot necessarily return a message, depending on range...

5. Define Weapons Grid
- What type of weapons does the character use? Generally, despite the form, a Transformer has a set style of weapons that it uses and rarely deviates from (unless they pick up someone else’s weapon temporarily...)

Shapeshifting
- For most Transformers, Shapeshift is represented by a rank of Morph with Metamoprh 1.

Cybertronian Characteristics:
Size- Cybertronians come in a variety of sizes, purchasing Growth as normal. It should also be innate but I find that to be a stolen point from character creation.
Immunity- Life Suuport. Transformers are bio-mechanical beings, but are simply immune to most human concerns. They still experience pain though so I've decided this works better than Fortitude Immunity.

Size Alteration
Variant Sizes- Some Transformers change size. Alt Modes can be larger than Robot Mode but not vice versa.
Toughness vs Size- When buying a larger alt mode, decide if a) the Transformer is less resilient in Alt Mode (buy down Toughness), b) remains the same (i.e. is just really tough in Robot mode or has shielding descriptors in alt mode.)

:idea: Edit 22/11/2012. I've tweaked the above somewhat to reflect my evolving take on the Transformers. I am not necessarily going to edit existing builds, and yes I am starting to contradict my original thoughts, but as time goes by I am more inclined to take a more inclusive perspective... So I still won't have Soundwave shrinking down to a Cassette Deck... but Astrotrain expanding to Shuttle or Train size can work...
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:46 pm

Streetview
PL11

Abilities
Strength 8,
Stamina NA,
Agility 3,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 2,
Intellect 5,
Awareness 4,
Presence 3

Powers
Cybertronian Physique:
Size: Growth 6 [Assumes Lareg Size; Permanent], Toughness: Protection 9 [-1 per rank of Growth],
Fortitude Immunity: Immunity 30,
More Than Meets The Eye: Shapeshift 1,
Sure-Footed: Movement 2,
Wall-Crawling: Movement 2,
Speed 3,
Shock Grasp: Damage 2
(66 points)

Equipment

Advantages
Assessment, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Improved Grab, Improvised Tools, Precise Attack 2, Set-up 2, Taunt, Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics (+3), Athletics (+8), Close Combat: Shock Grasp 2 (+4), Deception 7 (+10), Expertise: Torture 1 (+6), Expertise: Electronics 4 (+9), Expertise: Chemical 1 (+6), Expertise: Weapons 8 (+13), Insight 1 (+5), Intimidation: Note: Perm Growth modifier included. 10 (+16), Investigation 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+11), Sleight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 4 (+9), Vehicles (+3)

Offense
Initiative +3
Unarmed +2, Damage 8
Shock Grasp +4, Damage 9

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 6
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude NA,
Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 34 +
Powers 66 +
Advantages 13 +
Skills 35 +
Defenses 22
= Total 170

Complications
Energon Junkie
Sadist (Motivation - Enjoys inflicting pain on others)
Obsession; Rediscovering Dark Energon

Design Notes
:arrow: This incarnation of Streetview is a large white spider-like creature in robot form (I can’t seem to find a good pic to match what I want, all I have for now is the silhouette in the Menasor picture a page back...) Like the other members of the Stunticons, he is an Energon junkie. However, unlike the others he bears no particular malice towards the other Stunticons and is the least likely to be turned against the others by well placed words. In fact, his intellect and non-physical nature causes him to look down on the others and is easily interpreted as the hatred the others share for each other.
:arrow: I envision Streetview as a protégé of Shockwave at some distant point in the past, and perhaps he was a victim of his mentor’s experiments and included in Project Menasor.
:arrow: Regardless, Streetview puts his talents to good use by being a supplier to humans, Transformers and anyone else that he can corrupt or involve in his plans. These include weapons deals, smuggling, drug trafficking and many other illicit trades. Streetview is not above dabbling in experiments in the same vein as his former mentor...
:arrow: Like the others, Streetview is 5 points over his allotted point total to represent allocated Shape-shift points. Maxing out his shockgrasp would require moving points around.
:arrow: Since I’ve written out how I actually judge what a Transformer can and cannot do with his shapeshifting power, I defined Streetview's sensory array (his ability to generate powers not on his character sheet) as Diagnostic in nature. Judging the size and volume of a room, determining health, determining the cause of problems, ailments are all within scope. Telescopic vision, long distance communication and the like are not.
:arrow: In conjunction with the notes, it is worth pointing out that Streetview is one of the rare few characters that I would permit (under my own guidelines) to reroute (i.e. shapeshift) to increase weapons/ fighting ability. After all, what good is an arms dealer if he cannot show off his merchandise? (Any such merchandise would be covered under the inventor feat and any prospective clients would need to pay for it with EP or PP.)
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Green Lantern Sector 1003
Zan-El

PL13

Abilities
Strength 8,
Stamina 4,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 1,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 3,
Awareness 2,
Presence 1

Powers
Green Lantern Power Ring:
Removable (-25 points)
AI & Database: Feature 2, Communication: Senses 1 [Communication Link to Central Power Battery],
Flight 14,
Space Travel: Movement 3,
Environmental Adaptation (Zero G): Movement 1,
Force Field: Protection 10 [Impervious 10],
Life Support Immunity: Immunity 10 [Impervious 12],
Scanning Beam: Senses 6 [Analytical Auditory, Chemical and Visual],
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4
(58 points)
Force Manipulation:
Force Blast: Damage 14 [Ranged; Dynamic]
Dyn: Force Bubble: Immunity 10 [(Life Support); Affects Others, Burst Area, Ranged]
Dyn: Force Constructs: Create 13 [Precise, Increased Mass]
Dyn: Lifting: Move Object 14
Dyn: Mobile Constructs: Create 9 [Movable; Increased Mass]
(37 points)
Ring Training:
Enhanced Advantages: Enhanced Trait 7,
Precise on Ring Force Manipulation: Feature 1,
Quick Change: Enhanced Trait 2 [Any clothing; Signature Colours - Black, White and Green]
(9 points)

Equipment
4 pts unspent
Standard Equipment
Commlink (Kelex) (1 ep)

Advantages
Ultimate Effort [Spend HP for auto 20 on Will Save],
Fearless,
Minion 5 [Krpyptonian Robot Servant],
Inventor,
Extraordinary Effort,
Diehard,
Improvised Tools,
Beginner's Luck,
Defensive Attack,
Leadership,
Equipment 1,
Great Endurance,

Accurate Attack,
Extraordinary Effort,
Precise Attack 2,
Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 2 (+10),
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+6),
Deception (+1),
Expertise: Archaeology 7 (+10),
Expertise: Kryptonian History 5 (+8),
Expertise: Earth History 2 (+5),
Insight 8 (+10),
Intimidation (+1),
Investigation 6 (+9),
Perception 5 (+7),
Persuasion (+1),
Ranged Combat: Power Ring 8 (+12),
Stealth (+1),
Technology 3 (+6),
Vehicles 1 (+2)

Offense
Initiative +1
Ring Blast +12, Damage 14
Unarmed +6, Damage 8"

Defense
Dodge 10,
Parry 9
Toughness 14 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 12,
Will 14

Power Points
Abilities 46 +
Powers 104 +
Advantages 16 +
Skills 25 +
Defenses 35
= Total 226[/b]

Complications
Power Loss (Strength reduces to 4 or less on high gravity world)
Power Loss (The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low)
Weakness (Power Rings depend on the willpower of the wearer; the max rank of the ring’s effects is equal to the wearer’s Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause the ring to fail."

Background
At virtually the same time a rocket carrying the child who would be named Bruce Wayne landed on Earth in the outskirts of Gotham City, Dr. Jonathon Kent became convinced that a meteor headed towards Earth was going to destroy civilization. Unable to convince anyone to listen, Dr Kent instead sought a way to save his newborn child.

Although the rocket he created held room for both the child and his wife, Martha Kent refused to leave her husband’s side. The rocket blasted off and headed into the atmosphere… just as the meteor passed between the Earth and the moon… missing the planet. The rocket was somehow lost in a spatial distortion. Dr Kent committed suicide in shame and Martha Kent disappeared in grief.

Their child, however, survived. Displaced across the cosmos, Clark Kent was found by another prominent scientist who had made a similar prophecy of doom… one Jor-El of Krypton.

Found by Jor-El and Lara, the child was raised despite Lara’s revulsion of the small creature. Unfit for the much higher gravity of Krypton, the child was first raised in a zero-g bubble where the gravity was slowly increased until he could walk with aid of an exoskeleton. Given the name Zan-El and accepted into the House of El in place of the child doomed to space, the young man found himself unable to accept Kryptonian culture and would often go for extended forays into the wilderness to explore Krypton in ways that were simply frowned upon.

On one such foray, Zan-El discovered a Green Lantern ring on a deceased silicone-based life-form. He also discovered that his father had not been wrong that Krypton was doomed. He had simply miscalculated. Using every iota of his will and the power within the ring, Zan-El save Krypton and subsequently discovered he was not Kryptonian…

Leaving Krypton to visit Oa and learned of his true heritage, Zan-El eventually came to Earth. At first Zan-El did little to try and fit in with Earth society outside his role of Green Lantern. Before being called back to Oa with the intention to return to his sector, Zan-El discovered his place of birth and tracked down his mother, regaining the name of his birth. As a result, he has a more personal link to his homeworld and a reason to want to be a part of it.

Zan-El/ Clark Kent eventually was able to return to Earth after becoming a member of the GLC Honor Guard for a role he played in the Sinestro Corps War. With the freedom to not be restrained to his original sector, Zan-El now divides his time between Sector 1003 and Sector 2814, his two homes…

He has formed a friendship with Kal-El, essentially his step-brother, but has yet to convince the true heir to the House of El to return home, even for a visit. Until such time as he does manage to convince Kal-El to return, Zan-El has decided not to inform his adoptive parents that their son lives as they cannot leave Krypton due to a genetic dependency on the planet…

Design Notes
:arrow: This build is the first of a new campaign setting that I've started - named Earth 218 as props to Thorp. More as I eventually post more builds from that world. There's an obvious hint to the next build that I plan to post in the first paragraph of the background.

:arrow: Zan-El is essentially the Green Lantern from Superman: Last Son of Earth. Obviously, in this instance the Earth was not destroyed and I used the name of a child of Jor-El and Lara from an issue of Zero Hour that temporarily rebooted the DCU to a point where Krypton had not been destroyed.

:arrow: Not a conversion of my 2nd Ed version as such, I built this one from the ground up (taking the ring as written from H&V Vol 1). Without the Ring, he's roughly PL 6, strong and resilient due to spending 20 some odd years on a heavy gravity world.

:arrow: Difference versus my Arisia build posted over on Thorp's thread in that Ring Training grants an extra rank of removable. Essentially, I'm working on how best to represent that training. I still have the Ranged Combat skilled outside of the "power set." It's a work in progress. (The removable flaw is applied once in the ring although all three power sets apply.)

:arrow: I made him a member of the Honor Guard to be able to journey freely between the two disparate sectors.

:arrow: He has a minion, a robotic servitor named Kelex. I have yet to stat it out.

:arrow: I was a little torn about his PL, making him DCA compatible was a priority. However, in the end I decided on one PL below Hal Jordan to represent less experience, but still sufficiently powerful enough to have saved Krypton…
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Avenger » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Cool characters & avatar
Avenger
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Bladewind » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Avenger wrote:Cool characters & avatar

Thanks !

Avatar is pilfered from the Superman/ Batman comics though.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:42 am

Bladewind wrote:
Avenger wrote:Cool characters & avatar

Thanks !

Avatar is pilfered from the Superman/ Batman comics though.

I always like to use "borrowed" when I pilfer stuff. :wink:

I had missed those Transformers builds before, I think. They're top notch. Reminds me that I need to finish up a few of mine.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Bladewind » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:02 am

lol

true... borrow does sound better than Pilfer.

Reminds me... I should go back and finish the bits that I didn't on Menasor...

Thanks for the props !
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Burn - District 11 Tribute
PL6

Abilities
Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Powers
The Result of a Hard Life:
Crazy Strong: Power-Lifting 1,
Tough as Nails: Protection 2
(6 points)
Tribute Powers:
Heat Vision: Damage 7 [Heat; Ranged; Precise]
(15 points)

Equipment

Advantages
Accurate Attack,
All-out Attack,
Defensive Roll 1,
Diehard,
Great Endurance,
Interpose,
Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics:
- Balance 2 (+3)
Athletics
- Climbing 1 (+4)
- Jumping 4 (+7)
- Running 3 (+6)
Close Combat:
- Unarmed 1 (+3),
- Scythe 1 (+3),
Deception
- Bluffing (Pre / Untrained) (+3),
- Disguise (Pre / Untrained) (+3),
- Feinting (Pre / Trained) - Includes Tricking
- Innuendo (Pre / Untrained) (+3),
Expertise
- Capitol (General knowledge of the Capitol)
- Districts (General knowledge of the Districts as a whole) 2 (+2)
- Farming 8 (+8),
- Herbal Lore 5 (+5),
- Home District (Knowledge of your own District) 3 (+3)
- Hunting
- Gathering +4 (+4)
- the Games (History, winners, and notable events) 1 (+1)
- General Survival 4 (+4)
- Survival (Specify environment)
- Tracking
Insight 1 (+3),
Intimidation (+3),
Investigation:
- Search (Awe / Untrained)
- Forensics (Int / Trained)
- Gather Evidence (Int / Trained)
- Gather Information (Pre / Untrained)
- Surveillance (Int / Trained)
Perception 3 (+5),
Persuasion (+3),
Ranged Combat: Energy Blast 2 (+5),
Sleight of Hand:
- Sleight of Hand (Dex / Untrained) - Includes Concealing, Legerdemain (+3)
- Contortion (Dex / Untrained) - Includes Escaping (+3)
- Stealing (Dex / Untrained)
Stealth 3 (+4)
Treatment 12
- Basic (Int / Trained / Tools) - Includes Diagnosis, Revive 7 (+7)
- Advanced (Int / Trained / Tools) - Includes Provide Care, Stabilize, Treat Disease and Poison 5 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +1
Heat Vision +5, Damage 7
Unarmed +3, Damage 3

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 5
Toughness 7 (Def Roll 1),
Fortitude 8,
Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 36 +
Powers 19 +
Advantages 7 +
Combat Skills 2 (4 ranks)
Regular Skills 14 (56 ranks) +
Defenses 12 =
Total 90

:arrow: Ability to hit with the Heat Vision is more the destructive power behind the blast than real skill or talent (for now at least..)
:arrow: I see him hailing from District 11. I have a background worked out and the first part of his "powers" are a part of that. I wanted a higher lifting capacity than damage capacity and went with a similar build for his stamina.
:arrow: In terms of skills when checking the math... on a skill where you have it as a group label I put the entire skill point allocation in the "parent" group and then divided those ranks among the subskills. It's the result of how I modified the Excel sheet I use for characters...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Note... this is a 2nd ED build...

Roxanne looked over the documents. Putting on the power suit and meeting the execs had been a lark. True, a far cry from the adrenaline pumping stunts she`d been pulling the last several months, but still something that she had never done before. It was a hoot - mousy little girl sitting across the table from senior executives of a major comic company - even if they were in jeans.

"So, you`d like to see Triplicate Girl. Interesting idea, restricting the public copies to three at any given moment - at least in front of the cameras.

"Now, do you want the impression of triplets playing the part, or 'demonstrations' of the power?"

She listened attentively to their comments and ideas, nodding at all the salient points.

"Good, good." She produced an issue of Legionnairres, a battered and beaten Triad on the front cover, a white triangle covering the broken hero and the ground around her. "I don`t want to be in this kind of situation, and I highly doubt you folks are ready to start supplying Flight Rings, Force Fields and those kinds of nifty gadgets.

"So, here's the thing. We'll need to write some weaponry into Triplicate Girl's character. Nothing too offensive… we do deal with the Comics Code Authority after all." She demonstrated the fact that she had done a little bit of research with that statement, for whatever it was worth. "But a collapsable staff - perhaps divided into two escrima sticks?"

She noted the approval of the idea.

"Excellent. Excellent."

She let the execs talk amongst themselves, taking a sip of the water in front of her. Putting on her most winning smile, she pulled a second file folder from her briefcase and placed it in front of her, closed.

"These are all great ideas and take full advantage of my duplications abilities as Proxy - or Triplicate Girl if you prefer… Mind you… I prefer Triad myself and then eventually Duplicate Damsel if we get to the current place in 'continuity.`

"That said, there is another character in your roster that I think could be used to drum up sales, create tie-ins and eventually have a cross-over event."

She smiled again, the lingo wasn`t coming naturally, but she was trying…

"So Triad of the LSH is in the present for now, the exact reason is still to be hammered out with your creative teams. But how`s this for a hook? She`s not really Triad. She`s Harbinger."

Chell pushed the folder forward, opening it to reveal pages from Crisis on Infinite Earths, a printed Wikipedia entry, and pictures of the Monitor`s original herald, Harbinger.

"Now, of course, I can`t fly or blast energy… but I`m sure a tech department could eventually get around that particular quandry."

She sipped some more water and waited for their response.

Corebrute23 wrote:"We'll get back to you about Harbringer. But we are impressed with what you've got so far. You needn't worry about Duplicate girl, that's being changed in continuity soon enough anyway.

"An actual demonstration of powers is essential, to seperate DC, and proove we are serious about our Paragons. We're not just picking actors with an interest in cosplay and sending them to break up muggings."

"Of course if you could play the triplicates as having different personalities, some conflict between them could be hilarious." a younger ceo comments.

"Quite quite. We will definitely include in your contract training with some of the best martial artists we have on staff, these gentlemen are also working with the men who will become Bronze tiger and Green Arrow. We also have some tactical equipment if you feel you need it, such as stabproof vests, flash grenades, tazers...but we're getting ahead of us. Why not come to the testing chamber and show us what you can do?"

TRIAD - LUORNU DURGO (ROXANNE CHELL)
PL: 9 (135 pp)

ABILITIES:
STR: 12 (+1)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 10 (0)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (0)

SKILLS:
Acrobatics 8 (+11), Bluff 6 (+6), Climb 3 (+4), Concentration 5 (+6), Diplomacy 4 (+4), Disable Device 7 (+7), Escape Artist 6 (+9), Gather Info 7 (+7), Current Event 4 (+4), Streetwise 2 (+2), Notice 7 (+8), Pilot 3 (+6), Search 6 (+6), Sense Motive (+1), Stealth 8 (+11), Survival (+1), Swim 4 (+5)

FEATS:
Attack Focus (Melee) (2), Defensive Roll (3), Dodge Focus (5), Elusive Target, Equipment (4), Fearless, Improved Initiative (1), Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork (1), Accurate Attack, Improved Block (1), Improved Disarm, Improved Pin, Stunning Attack

POWERS:
*Duplication [7],
Extra - Heroic,
Extra - Survival,
Feat - Absorption Healing,
Feat - Progression x3 (10 duplicates),

*Mind Shield [8],
Flaw - Limited - 1 rank per active duplicate,

EQUIPMENT,
Jumpsuit (Light Armor) Protection 2 [2],
Pistol - +3 ranged damage,

COMBAT:
Attack 7 [Unarmed +1 (Bruise)]
Defense 22 (13 flat-footed)
Init 7

SAVES:
Toughness 6 (3 flat-footed)
Fortitude 4
Reflex 8
Will 4

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 12 +
Skills 20 (80 ranks) +
Feats 28 +
Powers 36 +
Combat 28 +
Saves 11 –
Drawbacks 0 = 135 / 135

:arrow: I'm going to change out the equipment (which, IIRC, I haven't totally spent.) I want to add in the aforementioned escrima sticks/ quarterstaff.

:arrow: For clarity, I must point out that I borrowed the character from the Paragons sourcebook. Although i personally love the touch of the Mindshield, the idea wasn't mine.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Shadowcat
PL 10/ 150 points

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 5, Fighting 11, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 2

Powers
Phasing:
Intangible: Insubstantial 4 [Reaction; Precise, Subtle x2]
Alt: Phasing Attack: Insubstantial 4 [Attack; Precise, Subtle x2]
Alt: Phase Others: Insubstantial 4 [Affects Others; Precise, Subtle x2]
Air Walking: Flight 1 [Affect Others; Levitation],
Disrupt Electronics: Weaken 6 [Broad (Electronic Devices); Fades]
(37 points)

Equipment

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Initiative 1, Grabbing Finesse, Takedown 1, Accurate Attack, Improved Trip, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+13), Deception 4 (+6),
Expertise: Electronics 2 (+5), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion (+2),
Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 2 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +13, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 10,
Parry 11
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 8,
Will 10

Complications
Prejudice - Mutant
Motivation - Acceptance

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 37 + Advantages 10 + Skills 17 + Defenses 16 = Total 150

Abilities
Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 5, Fighting 11, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 2

Powers
Phasing:
Intangible: Insubstantial 4 [Reaction; Precise, Subtle x2]
Alt: Phasing Attack: Insubstantial 4 [Attack; Precise, Subtle x2]
Alt: Phase Others: Insubstantial 4 [Affects Others; Precise, Subtle x2]
Air Walking: Flight 1 [Affect Others; Levitation],
Disrupt Electronics: Affliction 2
[Fort: Impaired/Disabled/ Incapacitated; Affects Electronics Only, Must Phase through object]
(32 points)

Equipment

Advantages
Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Initiative 1, Grabbing Finesse, Takedown 1, Accurate Attack, Improved Trip, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, All-out Attack, Evasion 1

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+13), Deception 4 (+6),
Expertise: Electronics 4 (+7), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion (+2),
Sleight of Hand 5 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 6 (+9)

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +13, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 10,
Parry 11
Toughness 5 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 8,
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 32 + Advantages 12 + Skills 20 + Defenses 16 = Total 150

Complications
Prejudice - Mutant
Motivation - Acceptance

:arrow: I've chosen Shadowcat at a point where she is not injured and "permanently" intangible, but this would be a point after she was possessed by a demon ninja...
:arrow: I admit to using the Quickstart Character Generator from the GM kit as a starting point, building off (and tweaking) the Martial Artist.
:arrow: I have two builds for the character. I prefer option 2. It was pointed out to me that objects automatically fail Fort saves, thus a low rank Affliction works well. It would also explain why they don't hire Kitty to go after all the Armoured Villains as their armour would be beyond her powers to disrupt.
:arrow: I view Lockheed as separate character altogether and not a sidekick... besides, again, I don't have the points...
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call