Lady Dragonfly's Lair (Silysia Ar`Reen)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Lady Dragonfly's Lair (Silysia Ar`Reen)

Post by ladydragonfly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Hello all. I am thinking of posting my namesake character here , just for fun. Then who knows what. :)

Second Edition Builds
Original Heroes: Miscellaneous
Psiwave

Original Heroes: The Vindicators
Lady DragonFly
FireBird
Terra
Tetra

Mutant High
Mirage

NPC: Villains
Circe

Fantasy Builds:
Demonic Hunter Lyrithia
. Foe Hunter Power
The Succubus

Third Edition Builds
Original Heroes: The Vindicators
Lady Dragonfly
FireBird
Tetra

Mutant High
Mirage

NPC: Villains
Circe

NPC: Miscellaneous
Goddess
Rifts Character: Myranda, Ex Splugorth Slave

Fantasy Builds:
Demon Hunter Lyrithia
Silysia Ar`Reen
The Succubus
Last edited by ladydragonfly on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:31 am, edited 42 times in total.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Lady Dragonfly's Lair

Post by Horsenhero » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 am

Don't think. Just do. Thinking can make your head hurt and distracts from important things...like doing foolish stuff. :mrgreen:

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:46 am

exactly :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Post by ladydragonfly » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Lady Dragon Fly

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +8 (10/26), CON: +0 (10), INT: +8 (26), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +0/+8, Fort: +4, Ref: +12, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+14), Bluff 8 (+8), Computers 8 (+16), Craft (electronic) 8 (+16), Craft (mechanical) 8 (+16), Disable Device 8 (+16), Knowledge (life sciences) 8 (+16), Knowledge (physical sciences) 8 (+16), Knowledge (technology) 8 (+16), Medicine 5 (+7), Notice 4 (+6), Search 6 (+14)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization 2 (Vibration Emitter (Vibration Control 10)), Benefit (Senior RD Technician ), Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus, Equipment 2, Improved Critical (Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8)), Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Master Plan, Precise Shot

Powers:
Dragonfly Armor (Device 14) (Hard to lose)
. . Comm System (Super-Senses 2) (radio)
. . Dragonfly Wings (Flight 5) (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd; Power Loss (Wings))
. . . . Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8) (Alternate; DC 23, Feats: Improved Critical (Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8)))
. . Enhanced Dexterity 16 (+16 DEX)
. . Enhanced Dodge (Enhanced Trait 8) (Traits: Defense Bonus +4 (+12))
. . Nanoweave Camoflage (Concealment 2) (sense - sight; Blending, Passive; Close Range)
. . Protective Suit (Protection 3) (+3 Toughness)
. . Vibration Emitter (Vibration Control 10) (DC 25)
. . . . Equilibrium Disruptor (Trip 10) (Alternate; Knockback, Cone Area (100 ft. cone - General), Opposed by (Dexterity); Range (touch))
. . . . Hearing Scrambler (Dazzle 10) (Alternate; affects: 1 sense type - hearing, DC 20; Cone Area (100 ft. cone - General); Range (touch))
. . Vibratory Field (Force Field 5) (+5 Toughness)
. . Visor (Super-Senses 2) (extended: Normal Sight 1 (x10), low-light vision)
Genius (Quickness 6) (Perform routine tasks at 100x speed; One Type (Mental Tasks); Innate)

Equipment: HQ: The Dragonfly Lair

Attack Bonus: +6 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +6, Grapple: +6)

Attacks: Equilibrium Disruptor (Trip 10) (DC 20), Hearing Scrambler (Dazzle 10) (DC Fort/Ref 20), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 15), Vibration Emitter (Vibration Control 10), +10 (DC 25), Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8), +6 (DC Staged/Tou )

Defense: +8/+12 (Flat-footed: +6), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +12

Drawbacks: Normal Identity, very common, Must put suit on (takes 2 rounds)

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 20 + Skills 22 (85 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 60 + Combat 26 + Saves 14 - Drawbacks 5 = 150

HQ: The Dragonfly Lair

Power Level: 10; Equipment Points Spent: 9

Toughness: +10

Features: Computer, Concealed 1, Garage, Laboratory, Security System 2, Workshop

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 7 + Powers 0 + Combat 1 + Saves 1 + Drawbacks 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 9

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!
Background Details:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 140 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: White

Priscilla Conners has developed a energetic nanite network, which she has incorporated into similar nano-carbon designs and improved upon. She created technology which she incorporated into a suit that would enhanced her agility to extreme levels, as well as manipulate vibrational energy in an offensive capacity.

Priscilla is an eccentric person, shy, and bright. With a very bright future, she has had the sense to amass a small fortune from her business acumen. And has sercretly without the knowledge of the Technology firm she works for, created the suit.

In real life Priscilla is a very shy woman, mostly a loner, though she could be attractive if she chose to be. Having the ability to become Lady Dragonfly gives her the chance to do the things, she couldn't normally do in her normal life. Romantically speaking, Priscilla is into women. Though her shyness has made initiating such things far too difficult. Most people just consider her the nerdy girl at work.

Complications: I wasn't sure if being shy should be an acceptable Complication, or if that would hamper her too much. However she does have the Secret Identity Complication.
Last edited by ladydragonfly on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Emmerlaus
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Emmerlaus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:27 am

Great build !!!

Ok, first off:

- Attractive is useless in this build, it would be best to replace Medecine by Bluff ranks

- Give her the Master Plan feat, every character with lots of intelligence NEED IT.

And that is the limit I can help LOL

But it gaves me a good idea for a character with a same base... I could clearly see a shrinking character with the bonus (+3) Compression, having the Dragonfly name... with some sonic control with AP: flying and VOILA! I think I will try creating that on my forum, thanks for the idea!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:29 am

looks pretty good I see a couple fo quirks which could be worked on.

seems an interesting take on the power suited blaster which is ok, but youve got some quirks which means shes gonna take some lumps in actual co bat.

first off is her defence/ toughness. its heavilly defencive roll oriented and thats all her. If she gets caught flat footed shes basically finished in one hit especially with no sense motive. a classic martial arts AT from the basic rules book would feint her out of her shoes and then with her flat footed she would have to make a concentration check to maintain her def roll and dodge focus.

Without those she would have to defend against a decent attack damage with no real defence. And god forbid she goes up against a brick or a paragon or even a blaster with a high initiaitve.

Your best bet is to switch all those ranks of Dodge focus and defencive roll save maybe 1 of each into points for the suit and increase its protection. Perhaps adding in a vibrational force field and maybe combine it with the shield power. This would maintian the defence oriented battle suit your going for while removing the danger of being caught flatfooted.

Also its a minor thing but as a GM for my part Id want her to have at least 8 ranks in Craft mechanical to aid in construction of a battle suit of that caliber and also at leats 8 ranks of Computer especilly if shes dealing with Nanites. while Electronics would enable her to build nanites no problem it would take computers to program them to do the task set for them.

The vibrational emitters are a neat touch.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

Emmerlaus
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Emmerlaus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:40 am

For some of the thing mentionned:

- She needs higher Sense Motive and Uncanny dodge feat or Danger sense

- She dont need rank in climbing if she can fly... and the manor have way too much! Maybe just give her Benefit (security clerance) for a other superheros team to have acces to some informations and workshop for her.

I know we have told you a lot but we just want you to have fun playing it and help you make your character stronger

ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Post by ladydragonfly » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Thank you for the Opinions, some i agree with to a point. Others I do not. But I will have a new draft later. I want to keep my original character concept and visual as true as possible, even if it does mean having weaknesses.

Emmerlaus
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Emmerlaus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 am

No problem! After all, the main point is to have fun in RPG, it doesnt matter what we think, only what YOU think :)

ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Lady Dragonfly Update

Post by ladydragonfly » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:42 am

Lady Dragon Fly

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +8 (10/26), CON: +0 (10), INT: +8 (26), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +0/+8, Fort: +4, Ref: +12, Will: +7

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+14), Bluff 4 (+4), Computers 8 (+16), Craft (electronic) 8 (+16), Craft (mechanical) 8 (+16), Disable Device 8 (+16), Knowledge (life sciences) 8 (+16), Knowledge (physical sciences) 8 (+16), Knowledge (technology) 8 (+16), Medicine 5 (+7), Notice 4 (+6), Search 6 (+14)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization 2 (Vibration Emitter (Vibration Control 10)), Benefit (Senior RD Technician ), Defensive Attack, Improved Critical (Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 10)), Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Master Plan, Precise Shot, Uncanny Dodge (Hearing)

Powers:
Dragonfly Armor (Device 15) (Hard to lose; Action (Power Use) 2)
. . Dragonfly Wings (Flight 6) (Speed: 500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd; Power Loss (Wings))
. . . . Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 10) (Alternate; DC 25, Feats: Improved Critical (Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 10)))
. . Enhanced Dodge (Enhanced Trait 10) (Traits: Defense Bonus +5 (+12))
. . Insulation (Features 1)
. . Nanoweave Camoflage (Concealment 2) (sense - sight; Blending, Passive; Close Range)
. . . . Equilibrium Disruptor (Trip 10) (Alternate; Knockback, Cone Area (100 ft. cone - General), Opposed by (Dexterity); Range (touch))
. . . . Hearing Scrambler (Dazzle 10) (Alternate; affects: 1 sense type - hearing, DC 20; Cone Area (100 ft. cone - General); Range (touch))
Genius (Quickness 2) (Perform routine tasks at 5x speed; One Type (Mental Tasks))

Attacks: Equilibrium Disruptor (Trip 10) (DC 20), Hearing Scrambler (Dazzle 10) (DC Fort/Ref 20), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 15), Vibration Emitter (Vibration Control 10), +10 (DC 25), Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 10), +6 (DC Staged/Tou )

Defense: +7/+12 (Flat-footed: +6), Knockback: -4

Totals: Abilities 20 + Skills 21 (81 ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 59 + Combat 26 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks 0 = 150
Okay here's what I did.
I did drop attractive for starters. Wisdom got dropped down by 1 point to help pay for her armor upgrades. As far as skills went, I took the suggestions of Catsi and added Craft: Mechanical and Computers. I dropped climbing, as a decision with the power frame work of my Armor. Then rounded it out with a few ranks of bluff. It felt right. I dropped all ranks of dodge focus and defensive roll.

I completely decided to drop her Cosmetic upgrade. I'll be un-original and assume she wears a wig of white hair, as part of putting on her armor. As far as her armor I dropped her super movement. I bumped her flight speed up, and then added a alternate to her flight. Because I wanted her to have an upfront melee attack simular to a vibroknife. Then i added a Forcefield, and a Enhanced Dodge Bonus power to further improve the concept of her vibration technology and the agility of her outfit.

As for her HQ you were right, I dropped this. And decided she doesn't have one right now.
Lady DragonFly's Wings:I thought the technology could use some explanation. Here's the way I see it. The wings are "silk" like in material, but have been constructed by nanites, using an experimental new technology called Nano-Carbon Fibers. Whose applications cold be innumerable to mention (saw something about this on TV). Anyways, when a current is added to the wings, they power Priscilla's vibational technology which turns them into literally "Dragon fly" wings. As you can see in the pictures. With enough fine power control, she can turn the "flowing cloth" into a very sharp material which can cut through almost anything.

Emmerlaus
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Emmerlaus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:05 am

If you have acrobatic bluff, maybe with a so low charisma character, Bluff ranks is a bit useless... But thats just me...

Sense Motive is better I think. It help a lot more then Bluff and better used with defensive attack against those who use interaction skill to get pass your dodge bonus.

She already have 26 in dexterity, why having Improved Initiative? LOL

You could give her drawbacks if you think it would suit the concept. Personnaly, I would add the Normal Identity drawback since its a armor that gives her all her powers. Like Tony Stark, shes powerless without the armor... AND it would add 4 pp to add where you want... As I said, I strongly suggest Sense Motive and increasing her fortitude save

As for the HQ... where do she get to create new invention with the inventor feat? She need a workshop to do that... I only thought about lowering the HQ value, not getting rid of all of it. It half the utility of inventor feat...

As you can see, perfecting a character can take forever LOL

ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Post by ladydragonfly » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:42 am

Emmerlaus wrote:If you have acrobatic bluff, maybe with a so low charisma character, Bluff ranks is a bit useless... But thats just me...

Sense Motive is better I think. It help a lot more then Bluff and better used with defensive attack against those who use interaction skill to get pass your dodge bonus.

She already have 26 in dexterity, why having Improved Initiative? LOL

You could give her drawbacks if you think it would suit the concept. Personnaly, I would add the Normal Identity drawback since its a armor that gives her all her powers. Like Tony Stark, shes powerless without the armor... AND it would add 4 pp to add where you want... As I said, I strongly suggest Sense Motive and increasing her fortitude save

As for the HQ... where do she get to create new invention with the inventor feat? She need a workshop to do that... I only thought about lowering the HQ value, not getting rid of all of it. It half the utility of inventor feat...

As you can see, perfecting a character can take forever LOL
First off , how is bluff pointless? You seem to be only looking at the combat applications of the skill, I am not. She's going to need that, no matter how low it is. She has ranks in it, and with those she is considered a talented smooth talker. Second, how is Sense Motive more applicable? I would use this if the character were more "Socially" Inclined, but i don't see the application here either.

Why have Improved Initiative. Let's take spider man as a good example, I would definetly give it to him on top of his normal super-human agility. This is a matter of the character concept, her "Physical and Mental" acumen at being able to react fast. I see the character having that. Personally I think her Fortitude saving throw is just fine, as well as her Willpower. This is not about maximizing her saves and and combat uses.

And she does have drawbacks. Its on her device. But I see my error, i used Action istead of Normal Identity. Whoops. (Embarrased smiley face)

I am thinking of dropping her Uncanny Dodge (hearing), to up her bluff a little more. As for her HQ, I thought about it. And then I look back on the starter characters packages. Many things can be assumed by the game, she does have a house. Heroes don't have to pay for this. She has a place of work. And she does have improved tools. Between these, she has the resources necessary to fiddle with devices. She even has a Genius power, to reduce mental task times. But I think I will add a Lair below her suburban home. Expect an update shortly.
Last edited by ladydragonfly on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Post by ladydragonfly » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:06 am

Here is the update.
Lady Dragon Fly

Tough: +0/+8, Fort: +4, Ref: +12, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+14), Bluff 8 (+8), Computers 8 (+16), Craft (electronic) 8 (+16), Craft (mechanical) 8 (+16), Disable Device 8 (+16), Knowledge (life sciences) 8 (+16), Knowledge (physical sciences) 8 (+16), Knowledge (technology) 8 (+16), Medicine 5 (+7), Notice 4 (+6), Search 6 (+14)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization 2 (Vibration Emitter (Vibration Control 10)), Benefit (Senior RD Technician ), Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus, Equipment 2, Improved Critical (Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8)), Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Master Plan, Precise Shot

Powers:
Dragonfly Armor (Device 14) (Hard to lose)
. . Dragonfly Wings (Flight 5) (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd; Power Loss (Wings))
. . . . Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8) (Alternate; DC 23, Feats: Improved Critical (Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8)))
. . Enhanced Dodge (Enhanced Trait 8) (Traits: Defense Bonus +4 (+12))
Genius (Quickness 6) (Perform routine tasks at 100x speed; One Type (Mental Tasks); Innate)

Equipment: HQ: The Dragonfly Lair

Attacks: Equilibrium Disruptor (Trip 10) (DC 20), Hearing Scrambler (Dazzle 10) (DC Fort/Ref 20), Unarmed Attack, +6 (DC 15), Vibration Emitter (Vibration Control 10), +10 (DC 25), Vibro Wing Blades (Damage 8), +6 (DC Staged/Tou )

Defense: +8/+12 (Flat-footed: +6), Knockback: -4

Drawbacks: Normal Identity, very common, Must put suit on (takes 2 rounds)

Totals: Abilities 20 + Skills 22 (85 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 60 + Combat 26 + Saves 14 - Drawbacks 5 = 150

HQ: The Dragonfly Lair

Power Level: 10; Equipment Points Spent: 9

Toughness: +10

Features: Computer, Concealed 1, Garage, Laboratory, Security System 2, Workshop

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 7 + Powers 0 + Combat 1 + Saves 1 + Drawbacks 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 9

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by catsi563 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Looks much better. far more playable and surivvable in a combat situation. Youll have to play her smart and defencive but she should give villains some serious trouble. The big things is to make sure to remember when playing her that her craft and inventor abilities are a crucial skill. they can giv her a wicked adavntage over a powerful enemy especially if she modifies her suit on the fly.

The Litterbox

Emmerlaus
Hireling
Hireling

Post by Emmerlaus » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:58 pm

I admit Bluff other use then combat are usefull... It was just a personal preference.

Good !!! Im glad you know what you want for your character. And shes really good now. Im sorry, sometime, I let my enthousiam get the better of me and want to help other too much, hope you didnt mind...

Inventor, like it have been said, its really useful. I like it personnaly :)

I hope you show us other charactesr, you have a good imagination and creativity :)