Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

scc 3rd Edition Builds: Batmanverse...Tally Man!!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: scc 3rd Edition Builds: Nazis - Berlin Betty, Valkyrie

Postby scc » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:20 pm

I actually looked at extras in the Handbook and I didn't see anything saying that you couldn't. In one thread where I mentioned this somebody said that they could see a secondary effect having more ranks than the primary effect like a poison that takes time to activate or something. Heck maybe you can have a flaw that is more than your ranks like a side effect that is really damaging. Just a thought. I know Jab's Sentry has 19 toughness but 21 impervious. I don't know if there is a right answer. I might check to see if the DC builds followed this with other extras besides impervious. Not sure if I will get an official answer.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:30 pm

Dr. Veronika Von Frankenstein
PL 8

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 3, Intellect 6, Awareness 5, Presence 5

Equipment
Hidden Chemical Pellets Array
Explosive
Pepper Spray
Sleep Gas
Healing Elixir: Healing 6
Paralytic Pellets: Ranged Affliction 4 [Resisted by Fort(Hindered, Immobile, Paralyzed); Area(Cloud)]

Castle Frankenstein
Size: Huge Toughness: 15 Features: Communications, Defense System, Garage, Hanger, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System (DC 30), Workshop, *Effect Fog(Obscure Visual 8; 1 mile radius)

Advantages
Artificer
Attractive 2
Benefit 4 [Status(Baroness), Wealth 3]
Connected
Equipment 13 [Castle & Gear]
Fascinate 1 [Intimidate]
Fearless
Improved Defense
Inspire 1
Inventor
Languages 3 [English, French, Latin, Base: German]
Luck 3
Minion 22 [Chemically Enslaved SS Soldiers and Shocktruppen]

Skills
Athletics (+1), Deception (+5), Expertise: Chemicals 12 (+18), Expertise: Arcane Lore 6 (+12), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+10), Expertise: Life Sciences 12 (+18), Expertise: Physical Sciences 10 (+16), Insight 4 (+9), Intimidation 7 (+12), Investigation 7 (+13), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+5), Stealth 3 (+4), Technology 8 (+14), Treatment 10 (+16)

Offense
Initiative +1
Explosive Pellets +5, Damage 5, Area Burst (30 ft)
Paralytic Pellets +4, Damage 4, Area Cloud ( 15 ft), Resisted by Fort(Hindered, Immobile, Paralyzed)
Pepper Spray +3, Damage 4, Visual Dazzle
Sleeping Gas Pellets +4, Damage 4, Area Cloud (15 ft), Resisted by Fort(Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep)
Unarmed +3, Damage 1

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8
Toughness 1, Fortitude 4, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 46 + Powers 0 + Advantages 54 + Skills 44 + Defenses 20 = Total 164

Complications
Obsession: To surpass the work of her ancestor.
Secret: She goes by the last name Franke but she is descended from the infamous Dr. Frankenstein.

Design Notes
This is Dr. Veronika Von Frankenstein from M&M Second Edition The Algernon Files Volume 2: The Fires of War. Offensively she is PL 5 using her Explosive Pellets and Defensively she is PL 7 due to Will and Fortitude. Her expertise in science makes her PL 8. For more background information see The Algeron Files-Fires of War.

This is a straight conversion from second edition. She is slightly cheaper in Third Edition but has a higher Power Level. She is missing a couple things from Second Edition like sneak attack and Weather Control-Distracting from her castle. Her minion rank is the same but she has nowhere near as many minions in Third Edition as in Second Edition since you can't get multiple minions at a cheaper rate. You can say these are the minions she has around her at all times but of course the rest of Castle Frankenstein can have more. The Die Shocktruppen have Fearsome Presence which I converted over from Second Edition. Amazingly it is the same price. *I used the old Obscure mentioned in the Senses Power Profile for the Castle's ability to create dense fog.

Die Shocktruppen
PL 5.5

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina , Agility -1, Dexterity -1, Fighting 4, Intellect -2, Awareness 0, Presence NA

Powers
Undead Soldier:
Fearsome Presence: Ranged Affliction 2 [Resisted by Will(Impaired, Compelled); Area(Perception); Limited(Compelled to running away only), Limited Degree] -2 pts
Growth 4 [Permanent; Innate] -9 pts
Immunity 30 [Fortitude] -30 pts
Protection 4 -4 pts

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Power Attack

Skills
Athletics (+5), Insight (+0), Perception (+0), Stealth (-5)

Offense
Initiative -1
Unarmed +6, Damage 5

Defense
Dodge -1, Parry 2
Toughness 8, Fortitude NA, Will NA

Power Points
Abilities -8 + Powers 45 + Advantages 4 + Skills 0 + Defenses 2 = Total 43

Complications
Disability: Will only stay animated for a few days.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: scc 3rd Edition Builds: Nazis - Veronika Von Frankenstein

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Hmmm...I've been wanting to test my Cap since I added that new Shield effect, and Cap and Nazis go together like Cap'n Crunch and...well, anything. And these ladies sure have that combination of Red Skull lackeys and Femizons that is making me feel nostalgic. Mind if I borrow?

On a side note, if you've never had them, Dairy Queen in Minnesota has Crunch Cones, where they cover their ice cream cones in crushed Cap'n Crunch and sprinkles. Crazy good. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby scc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Go right ahead Thorp. That's what they are there for. Definitely some fun characters to role play. Valkyra has been described as having an Arnold voice. Maybe that is why she doesn't have the attractive advantage. :wink:

Ice cream with Cap'n Crunch and sprinkles. I never heard of such a thing. It's genious! Might have to travel there right now. How far is Minnesota from Pittsburgh? :wink:
Last edited by scc on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

scc wrote:Secret: She goes by the last name Franke but she is descended from the infamous Dr. Frankenstein.

That's Fronkensteen. :wink:
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby scc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Is it? I did not know that. Or does the wink mean something?
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Woodclaw » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:29 pm

scc wrote:Is it? I did not know that. Or does the wink mean something?

Take a look here
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby scc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't know how I missed that. It's been forever since I seen that movie.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Yeah, I know. It's been days.

Well at least for me. One of my favourites. Happy Hallowe'en.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby scc » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks! You have a Happy Halloween as well. Now I have to get that movie. :)
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Blitz
PL 12

Abilities
Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 4

Powers
Blitzrieg!:
Electricity Field : Damage 10 [Aura; Reaction] -40 pts
Enhanced Dodge 10 [Limited(When not spinning)] -5 pts
Enhanced Parry 10 [Limited(When not spinning)] -5 pts
Super-Speed 10 -30 pts
Alt: Spinning: Protection 10 [Limited(Physical Attacks), Sustained], Immunity 5 [Entrapment; Limited(Half Effect), Sustained] -1 pt
Wall-Crawling: Movement 2 [Limited to while moving] -2 pts
Water-Walking: Movement 1 [Limited to while moving] -1 pt

Advantages
Attractive 2
Evasion 2
Languages 1 [English, Base: German]

Skills
Athletics (+0), Deception (+4), Expertise: Popular Culture 1 (+2), Expertise: Singing 15 (+19), Insight 2 (+2), Intimidation 9 (+13), Perception (+0), Persuasion (+4), Stealth (+4)

Offense
Initiative +44
Electricity Field Punches +10, Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 22 (12 when spinning), Parry 22 (12 when spinning)
Toughness 2 (12 when spinning), Fortitude 2, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 84 + Advantages 5 + Skills 14 + Defenses 10 = Total 163

Complications
Hatred: America.
Obsession: Nazi ideals.

Design Notes
This is Blitz II from M&M Second Edition Crooks. Offensively she is PL 10 using her energy aura. Defensively she is PL 12 due to Dodge/Parry and Toughness. Eva Brawn is a popular singer for the Euro-punk skinhead band Third Generation. For more background information see Crooks.

This is a straight conversion from Second Edition. The only thing missing is Deflection which is different in Third Edition. Also I gave her half immunity to snares and grapples instead of giving her a bonus to resist equal to her spinning rank since you can resist a grapple with either strength or dodge. Blitz II has a really high defense but it is reduced while she is spinning. Her Fortitude and Will saves are really low for her PL.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: scc 3rd Edition Builds: Nazis - Blitz

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Wow. Blitz is would be a bad ass until you pull out a Sleeping Gas Bomb and then she'd be out faster than a HYDRA goon. :shock:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby scc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 pm

That is true. Just a direct conversion from Crooks. Actually both 1st and 2nd edition has low fortitude and will saves. Of course you can always change them to your preference.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Ilsa Toht
PL 5

Abilities
Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Equipment
Luger, various other equip

Advantages
Benefit 1 [High-Ranking Nazi Official]
Connected
Contacts
Defensive Roll 2
Equipment 2

Skills
Athletics 6 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+6), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise: Nazi Agent 8 (+9), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+5), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+4), Investigation 5 (+6), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat: Pistols 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+6), Vehicles: Limited to Aircraft 8 (+11)

Offense
Initiative +2
Luger +7, Damage 3
Unarmed +6, Damage 1

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7
Toughness 3 (Def Roll 2), Fortitude 4, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 0 + Advantages 8 + Skills 29 + Defenses 14 = Total 85

Complications
Enemy: Indiana Jones.
Obsession: Nazi ideals.

Design Notes
This is Ilsa Toht an Indiana Jones enemy. Offensively she is PL 5 using a Luger. Defensively she is PL 5. Ilsa Toht is the sister of Arnold Toht who died during the Lost Ark affair. She blames Indiana Jones for his death. She was sent to obtain the Chachapoyan Fertility Idol and use it to persuade the tribes of South America to side with Germany during the war. She teamed up with a tribal leader to steal the idol from a dealer in Marrakesh but Jones got there first and took the idol. The tribal leader was sent to recover the idol which was in New York City. He did and Ilsa called the museum currator and told him a price for the return of the idol and that Dr. Jones must deliver it alone. He was lured to Brazil and captured by the Hovido tribe. There he was confronted by Ilsa who told him who she was. Later Jones escaped and confronted Ilsa on a plane which she was using to depart the country. He wrestled the controls from her and accidently jammed them. He jumped from the plane but Ilsa crashed and hasn't been seen since.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: scc 3rd Edition Builds: Nazis - Ilsa Toht

Postby scc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 pm

Brain Drain
PL 11

Abilities
Strength 6, Stamina -4, Agility 0, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 10, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Powers
Brain in a Jar:
Removable (-34 points)
Axi-Tun Material: Protection 15 [Impervious 11; Limited(Impervious for Headcase only and does not stack with Robotic Body Protection)] -19 pts
Enhanced Mental Capacity: Enhanced Intellect 4 [Speed of Thought(Use Int for Initiative)], Enhanced Will 4 -9 pts
Feature 2 [Normal Senses except smell and able to detach from robotic body at will.] -2 pts
Immunity 31 [Aging, Fortitude] -31 pts
Instant Hypnosis: Mind Control 11 [Resisted by Will; Area(Perception), Cumulative] -66 pts
Mental Blast 9 -36 pts
Rocket Flight: Flight 7 [Limited(Not when connected to robotic body)] -7 pts
Small Cannister: Shrinking 2 [Permanent; Innate] -2 pts

Robotic Body:
Removable 2 (-19 points)
Growth 2 [Quirk -1(No Fort or Tough boost)] -3 pts
Enhanced Strength 11 -22 pts
Enhanced Agility 5 -10 pts
Enhanced Dexterity 9 -18 pts
Enhanced Fighting 11 -22 pts
Enhanced Dodge 6 -12 pts
Headcase Energy Field : Feature 1 [Glowing Energy around the headcase] -1 pt
Protection 11 [Impervious 9; Limited(Does not stack with Headcase protection)] -15 pts

Standard Equipment
Luger (6 ep)

Advantages
Eidetic Memory
Equipment 2
Inventor

Skills
Athletics (+6), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Science 8 (+18), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Stealth (+0), Technology 8 (+18)

Offense
Initiative +6
Instant Hypnosis, Rank 11, Area(perception), Resisted by Will(Dazed, Compelled, Controlled)
Mental Blast, Damage 9
Unarmed +6, Damage 6

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6
Toughness 11, Fortitude -4 (Immune), Will 11

Power Points
Abilities -28 + Powers 217 + Advantages 5 + Skills 18 + Defenses 5 = Total 217

Complications
Arrogance: Brain Drain enjoys telling people how smart he is.
Brain in a Jar: Without his headcase Brain Drain would eventually die. Since he is only a brain with eyes attached he wouldn't be able to move or interact with his environment. The headcase itself would have no mobility without flight or a robotic body.
Enemies: Alpha Flight and the Invaders.
Power Loss: Hypnosis is broken if the person is knocked unconscious or another persona takes control.

Design Notes
This is Brain Drain an Alpha Flight and Invader's enemy. Offensively he is PL 11 using Instant Hypnosis. Defensively he is PL 8.5 due to Dodge/Parry and Toughness. Nazi scientist Werner Schidt was mountain climbing when an Axi-Tun spaceship crashed nearby severely injuring him. His brain was saved by the Axi-Tun and placed in a cannister which keeps him alive. The cannister was attached to a robotic body. He got a hold of the Ring of Nebulas, the ship's power source. This enabled him to augment his power and take over the minds of the crew and brainwashed them into thinking they were characters from Teutonic myth. The female of the crew was able to escape however. She was captured along with Captain America. She was able to recover the ring from Brain Drain and jumped into a pool of alien liquids which started an atomic reaction. She then used the ring to mind control Brain Drain to jump in after her. The pool destroyed his body but somehow the brain capsule was able to escape. Much later a failed experiment left him trapped on an icy mountain for decades. With a lot of time to think he decided nazism was a mistake. A skier found him and he took control of his mind and found out about the European Union. Brain Drain believed this could unify Europe under a dictatorship. He infiltrated the Pan-European Conference on Super-Human Affairs in Geneva, Switzerland. There he used his hypnosis to order the participating heroes to assassinate their respective leaders. Alpha Flight was also there but Aurora was able to break his hold due to her alternate personalities. She grabbed him and threw him far away. The Master found Brain Drain and soon after he became a member of Omega Flight. This brought him into confrontation with Alpha Flight again but he lost.

I decided to give Brain Drain two devices. I know I probably could have went with a complication for simplicity's sake. But I did it the hard way and there might be some confusion because of it. Supposedly his headcase is very tough and in most instances it has been. However an armor piercing round was able to shatter it one time. Maybe he had his tough one at the cleaners. Though not clearly shown in the comics according to the Official Handbook of the MU Update A-Z #3 he gets his mental powers from his helmet. He has been shown to give post hypnotic suggestions but I would consider that a power stunt with the triggered extra. He has had many bodies but the one shown here is the most current one. In the past he would have had more points in equipment. As an inventor he created the super soldier serum for Master Man and various equipment like a energy funnel to capture targets and a flying swastika.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call