Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (COBOLT 3.0)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Slenderman)

Postby Emerald Flame » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:15 pm

by_harveytolibao

C.O.B.O.L.T. U.C.M. (Urban Combat Module) - PL 10
Strength 11
Stamina 6
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 3
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Advantages
Benefit, Wealth 3 (millionare), Equipment 4, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Minion 3,
Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 2 (+13), Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+4), Expertise: Industry 3 (+7), Insight 1 (+4), Perception 1
(+4), Technology 8 (+12)

Powers
C.O.B.O.L.T. U.C.M. (Urban Combat Module) (Removable)
* Enhanced Strength: Enhanced Strength 10 (+10 STR)
* Enviromental Adaptation System: Variable 1 (technological; Reaction 3: reaction; Limited: Limited to
environmental effects, Limited: Must encounter effect before change)
* Combat Chassis with Force-Field Support Systems
> Armor Plating: Protection 4 (Linked; +4 Toughness)
> Identification Baffles (Conceals identity): Feature 1
> Enhanced Structure: Enhanced Stamina 6 (Linked; +6 STA)
* Energy-Field Support: Impervious Toughness 8
* Life Support: Immunity 12 (Critical Hits, Life Support)
* O.R.A.C.L.E. On-Board Computer: Enhanced Trait 3 (technological, Advantages: Minion 3)
*On-Board Tactical Computer: Enhanced Trait 2 (technological, Ranged Combat +4 (+5))
> Psi-Shielding: Enhanced Trait 4 (technological, Will +4 (+8); Limited: Only -vs- Mental Attacks/Effects)
>Sensor Suite: Senses 10 (technological, Danger Sense: Visual, Detect: Visual 1, Direction Sense,
Distance Sense, Extended: Visual 2: x100, Infravision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultravision)
> Thrusters: Flight 8 (technological, Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)

WEAPON SYSTEMS
* L-Beam Blasters: Blast 10 (technological, DC 25; Extended Range 2, Penetrating, Precise)
* Super-Penetrator Munition AKA: "Ex-Wife": Line Area Damage 9 (Alternate; DC 24; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 5; Tiring, Unreliable (5 uses))
*Cutting Laser
>Damage: Damage 7 (Linked; DC 22; Penetrating)
>Weaken: Weaken 4 (Linked; Affects: Toughness of material being cut, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC
14)
* Forearm Blade: Strength-based Strike 2 (Alternate; technological, DC 28; Penetrating)
* Harpoon and Winch
>>Harpoon Launcher: Strike 8 (Linked; choose descriptor, technological, DC 23; Increased Range:
ranged, Penetrating)
>> Power Winch: Move Object 5 (Linked; technological, 1600 lbs.; Limited: Pulls towards only)
* High Output Cutting Laser
>>Damage: Damage 7 (Linked; DC 22; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating)
>>Weaken: Weaken 6 (Linked; Affects: TOUGHNESS, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16)
* Micro Missle System: Blast 7 (Alternate; DC 22; Multiattack)
* Multi-Target Anti-Personnel Weapon: Blast 8 (Alternate; technological, DC 23; Split 4: 5 targets)
* Poly-Steel Binders: Snare 7 (Alternate; technological, DC 17)
* Reinforced Fists: Strength-based Strike 4 (Alternate; DC 30)
* Stun Pulse System: Cumulative Affliction 7 (Alternate; technological, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd
degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Cumulative, Increased Range:
ranged)
* Super-Cruiser Mode: Flight 6 (Alternate; technological, Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round;
Stacks with: Thrusters: Flight 8 )

Equipment
Skyscraper HQ

Offense
Initiative +5
Bunker Buster "Ex-Wife": Line Area Damage 9 (DC 24)
Damage: Damage 7, +1 (DC 22)
Damage: Damage 7, +3 (DC 22)
Forearm Blade: Strength-based Strike 2, +4 (DC 28)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 21)
Harpoon Launcher: Strike 8, +1 (DC 23)
L-Beam Blasters: Blast 10, +1 (DC 25)
Micro Missle System: Blast 7, +1 (DC 22)
Multi-Target Anti-Personnel Weapon: Blast 8, +1 (DC 23)
Poly-Steel Binders: Snare 7, +1 (DC Dog 17)
Power Winch: Move Object 5, +1 (DC 15)
Reinforced Fists: Strength-based Strike 4, +3 (DC 30)
Stun Pulse System: Cumulative Affliction 7, +1 (DC Fort 17)
Throw, +5 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 26)
Weaken: Weaken 4, +3 (DC Fort 14)
Weaken: Weaken 6, +3 (DC Fort 16)

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: Being a hero gives Carter Hargrieves a feeling of "being alive"
Responsibility: CEO of Hargieves International, a tech-driven corporation that helps design and develop
new and advanced technologies.
Secret: Secret Identity: Carter Hargrieves is the CEO of Hargrieves International... A think-tank for prototyping and developing new technologies. Nobody in the general public knows that Carter is the
person in the COBOLT Suit

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 10, Will 8/4

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 106 + Advantages 12 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 170
_____________________________________________________________________________________
:arrow: I must first say that COBOLT is character that I will hopefully be playing in an up-coming game that we are trying to get off of the ground. The character is built using bits and pieces of different characters that either I have built or I have seen and I liked the idea. I borrowed the idea of the Combat Chassis with Force-Field support from the Ultramarine design from Emerald City. Most of the other ideas came from my own builds.

:arrow: I found the pictures that I am using for COBOLT on Deviant Art. The artist is harveytolibao. They were black and white art and I added the blue coloration.

:!: EDIT: I removed SECOND CHANCE: Toughness Saves and added +1 (total of 7) to Parry. This was done after SAILBOAT pointed out to me that the sweeping coverage of "Toughness Saves" is not a valid option under the rules. Thanks for pointing it out to me....
Last edited by Emerald Flame on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Sailboat
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sailboat » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Emerald Flame wrote:Second Chance: TOUGH Saves

Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I really don't think "Second Chance" works that way. The rules indicate (see below) that you must choose a fairly specific hazard, not "all Toughness saves." Certainly if one point gave you a second chance on Toughness saves, every single character would be crazy not to take it. I think you need to define it more narrowly, such as "Second Chance: Toughness saves vs bullets." And if you want more than one Second Chance, pay for each.

From the the D20heroSRD
Choose a particular hazard, such as falling, being tripped, triggering traps, mind control (or another fairly specific power effect, such as Damage with the fire descriptor) or a particular skill with consequences for failure. If you fail a check against that hazard, you can make another immediately and use the better of the two results. You only get one second chance for any given check, and the GM decides if a particular hazard or skill is an appropriate focus for this advantage. You can take this advantage multiple times, each for a different hazard.

Apologies for barging in with the criticism, but I just got done with a lengthy conversation about Second Chance with my GM.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Sailboat wrote:
Emerald Flame wrote:Second Chance: TOUGH Saves

Apologies for barging in with the criticism, but I just got done with a lengthy conversation about Second Chance with my GM.

Not a problem.... I'm glad that I was able to be shown the error and I was able to correct it. No harm..No foul.

It is strange that after all these years... you are the first to catch the error.

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:45 pm

My youngest LOVES Slenderman. He makes me watch memes of it all the time. Kudos on making it actually cool this time. ;)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:My youngest LOVES Slenderman. He makes me watch memes of it all the time. Kudos on making it actually cool this time. ;)

Thanks...

My oldest wanted to dress as the Slenderman for Halloween... He opted for Frodo Baggins instead. :lol:

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Green Lantern: Quinn)

Postby Emerald Flame » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:37 pm

Green Lantern: Quinn

Strength 2
Stamina 0
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 3
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Advantages
Equipment 2, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort: WILL

Skills
Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat: Key Si 4 (+7), Expertise: Law Enforcement 5 (+7), Insight 3 (+5),
Perception 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: RIng-Slinging 3 (+5), Stealth 1 (+3), Technology 1 (+3), Treatment 3
(+5), Vehicles 2 (+4)

Powers
Green Lantern Power Ring (Removable)
A.I. and GL Corp Database: Feature 2
Communication: Senses 1 (Communication Link: To Central Power Battery)
Force Field
> Immunity: Immunity 10 (Linked; Life Support)
> Protection: Protection 10 (Linked; +10 Toughness; Impervious)
Force Manipulation
> Force Blast: (Energy blast)Damage 10 ([0 active, 0/32 PP, 1/r], DC 25)
> Force Bubble: (Protective energy bubble to protect others)Burst Area Immunity 10 ([0 active, 0/32 PP, 2/r], Life Support; Affects Others Only, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Ranged)
> Force Constructs: (Classic Green Lantern constructs) Create 10 ([0 active, 0/32 PP, 2/r], Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20)
> Force Manipulation: (Moving objects around) Move Object 10 ([0 active, 0/32 PP, 2/r+1], 25 tons; Precise)
> Force Minions: (Glowing energy constructs) Summon 4 ([0 active, 0/32 PP, 8/r]; Multiple Minions 2: 4 minions, Type (Broad):
Variable Hard Light Constructs)
> Force Weapons: (Various melee weapon) Strength-based Damage 6 ([0 active, 0/32 PP, 1/r+5], DC 23, Advantages: Power
Attack; Accurate 2: +4, Reach (melee): 5 ft., Variable Descriptor: close group - Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing)
>Moveable Constructs: (Constructs that can move around) Create 10 (Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Movable)
> Shapeable Force Blast: (Energy blast that can vary the area being effected_Usually in the form of a missle launcher swarm)Shapeable Area Blast 8 ([0 active, 0/32 PP, 4/r], DC 23; Shapeable Area
2: 60 feet, cubic)
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 1 (Light (Bright), Radius: 30 feet)
Quick Change: Feature 1: (Normal Clothes into costume)
Ring Flight
> Flight: Flight 12 (Linked; Speed: 8000 miles/hour, 16 miles/round)
> Movement: Movement 4 (Linked; Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G, Space Travel 3: other galaxies)
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages -
Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
Variable Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (Limited: Limited to Senses)

Equipment
Motorcycle

Offense
Initiative +6
Force Blast: Damage 10, +3 (DC 25)
Force Manipulation: Move Object 10, +2 (DC 20)
Force Weapons: Strength-based Damage 6, +7 (DC 23)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 12)
Shapeable Force Blast: Shapeable Area Blast 8 (DC 23)
Throw, +5 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 17)

Complications
POWER LOSS: The power ring needs periodic recharging and issues a warning as its power runs low.
WEAKNESS: Power ring's FORCE MANIPULATION ARRAY is limited to ranks no greater than the
wearer's WILL rank, so these values will typically be less, as will the ring's overall cost for the wielder.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 3, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 104 + Advantages 6 + Skills 14 (27 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 170
:arrow: First let me say that I have built this character with a HEAVY dose of help from J-Mart products. :) I was lost in a quandry as to where to go... how to build my character and after posing the question to the ATT members, I followed some advise and looked at the other builds. I really liked the builds I found at J-Mart and so I "borrowed" Thorpacolypse's build ideas and used them with a little tweaking.

:arrow: This is the latest incarnation of the character that I will be playing in our up-coming campaign. I specifically built the character with room to expand... I really hope to be able to play him long enough to build him up. :)

:arrow: I have built several of the "Alt. Powers", based on items that were created in the Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters videogame.

Shapeable Force Blast: (Manifests as a missle launcher system that fires a barrage of missles out and blasts an area selected by the GL)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I also built up a build for some cool 'toys' ...
Rocket-Assist Punch
* Speed 2: Limited boost in a straight line.
* Punch (Strike 10)_Penetrating
Sledge Hammer
* Shockwave_Affliction (Dazed / Defenseless / Incapacitated)
* Strike 8
Spiked Balls on chains
* Strike 10
* 30 ft Radius
* Multiattack

These are not part of the main write-up and I have them stat'ed out under the "Library" tab in Hero Lab.

As always.. any suggestions would be willingly accepted.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Green Lantern: Quinn)

Postby Emerald Flame » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Pumpkin King / Linus van Pelt - PL 11

Strength 2
Stamina 5
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Close Attack 5, Defensive Attack, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Improved Critical 2: Deadly Scythe, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat: ???? 6 (+12), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Diplomacy 2
(+3), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throw 3 (+6), Stealth 1 (+4)

Powers
*Entangling Vines: Snare 11 (DC 21)
** Control the Vines: Move Object 10 (Alternate; 25 tons; Limited Material: Plants only)
** Hellfire Blast: Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Penetrating)
* Feel FEAR!!!: Progressive Affliction 4 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Defenseless, 3rd degree:
Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Progressive)
* Inhuman Body: Immunity 25 (Aging, Common Descriptor: Cold, Common Descriptor: Fire, Disease,
Poison, Uncommon Descriptor: Electricity)
* Protection: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness; Impervious)
* Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
* Summon the Harvester: Summon 8 (Active, Controlled, Mental Link)
* The language of fear: Comprehend 3 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages -
Understand All)

Offense
Initiative +3
Control the Vines: Move Object 10, +3 (DC 20)
Entangling Vines: Snare 11, +3 (DC Dog 21)
Feel FEAR!!!: Progressive Affliction 4, +11 (DC Will 14)
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 12)
Hellfire Blast: Damage 10, +11 (DC 25)
Throw, +6 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 17)

Languages
Native Language (All)

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 5, Toughness 11, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 146 + Advantages 16 + Skills 16 (31 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 239

<COMING SOON>

The Pumpkin King is an ancient spirit that has been on Earth since the beginning of time. Over the ages, The Pumpkin King has gone by a variety of different names. The most common name used is Samhain.
In this epic mystical story, we introduce a young boy who for some unknown reason believed in the 'old ways'. Each Halloween, during the Festival of Samhain, he would create a small alter and prey for the spirit of Halloween to grant him a wish.

As the years passed, he was repeatedly ridiculed for his annual pilgrimage. His childhood girlfriend would eventually refuse to speak with him. As his teenage years came and went.. he slowly stopped following his ritual.

After high school, he went away to college to study history. One Halloween, he attended a party where some of his friends were playing with a Ouija board. As they were calling out different names of spirits that they wanted to contact.... they got their wish. There was a sudden blast of hot wind that seemingly blew from the middle of the Ouija board. The wind blew out candles and threw open doors. Standing in the middle of the wind storm a figure.. the young boy became the host of a powerful demon and everybody else at the party died.

Now the Pumpkin King is free to carve a bloody swarth across the countryside. As part of his union, the Pumpkin King is also periodically taking revenge on the people that taunted him about his beliefs.

Gone is the young man who sat in the pumpkin patch and now the Pumpkin King remains. From time to time, the young man, Linus van Pelt surfaces... but his personality is slowing being absorbed by the Pumpkin King.

:arrow: Like many of my builds, this one was inspired by a picture. I found this picture on-line (Sorry I don't know the origins) and it inspired me.
This is Linus van Pelt from Peanuts fame.... you know... This guy...
Anybody familiar with Peanuts will remember the Great Pumpkin... This is a what-if, in which Linus has grown up and the Great Pumpkin has finally answered his call.

The second picture is of "The Harvester". It is a 'huge' construct that is a minion of the Pumpkin King. He can call upon it to destroy large areas of land and instill mass amounts of fear.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (Linus: The Pumpkin King)

Postby Spectrum » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Okay! I've got shivers.

Now, what happened to the blanket?

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:54 pm

The blanket in a horror story of that type would be lost and buried in Linuses things.

the blanket represents security and safety for a child, it also represents that innocence when we as children clung to a teddy bear or a binky because it was familiar, and it made us feel safe and wanted.

In the story the blanket would be the key to finally destroying the Pumpkin king as it would allow Linus to finally free himself from the kings clutches and remind him of those days of innocence.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

ladydragonfly
Henchman
Henchman

Postby ladydragonfly » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:31 pm

This is truly epic. Love it!

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:47 am

ladydragonfly wrote:This is truly epic. Love it!

Thanks.. Glad you like it.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:46 pm

ladydragonfly wrote:This is truly epic. Love it!

I concur. I think someone who faces him should also be able to summon his sister Lucy or Charlie Brown's sister Sally, who can weaken the King, setting him up for the usage of the Blanket.

Now you're making me want to stat Linus as a superhero. He was wicked bad with that blanket back in the day. I could see him becoming a street level hero ala Ragman but more like Blanket Man. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 am

The ghost of a heroic Ace from the first World War possessing the neighbour's dog should be in their somewhere.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:The ghost of a heroic Ace from the first World War possessing the neighbour's dog should be in their somewhere.

That might be interesting... But I was envisioning a large demonic beast that is followed by a swarm of little yellow sky-piranha.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:51 am

Strength -
Stamina -
Agility -
Dexterity -
Fighting -
Intellect 8
Awareness 10
Presence 10

Advantages
Assessment, Connected, Daze (Deception), Fascinate (Deception), Fearless, Redirect, Well-informed

Skills
Deception 8 (+18), Insight 8 (+18), Perception 8 (+18), Persuasion 8 (+18)

Powers
* Emotion Control: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Defenseless, 3rd degree:
Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 20)
* Immunity to Fortitude Effects
* Language of all...: Comprehend 4 (Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages -
Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
* Mind Control: Mind Control 10 (DC 20; Extra Condition, Subtle 2: undetectable)
* Mind Reading: Effortless Mind Reading 10 (DC 20; Effortless, Sensory Link, Subtle 2: undetectable)

Offense
Initiative +0
Emotion Control: Affliction 10, +0 (DC Will 20)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Mind Control: Mind Control 10 (DC Will 20)
Mind Reading: Effortless Mind Reading 10 (DC Will 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Disability: The Blanket has no ability to move by himself... It can however influence those around him to carry him. The Blanket has been around for unknown time. It has influenced children through the ages... grooming them to eventually carry out it's bidding.
Motivation: Greed: The Blanket has one goal in mind... Control and Power.
Languages
All (See Powers)

Defense
Dodge None, Parry None, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 0, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 142 + Advantages 7 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 171

Not all is as it seems....

The Blanket is a force of nature that is from unknown origins. The blanket has been around for many many years.
The Blanket has no ability to move by itself and relies on others... It moves by influencing those around it to carry it around. Throughout history, it has influenced children... grooming them to eventually carry out it's bidding.
The Blanket finds the person that it wants and then inserts itself into their life. Once the child has accepted the Blanket.. it grooms the child by giving them a sense of comfort and slowly whispers in their ear... The Blanket slowly manipulates them until they are ready.

True evil is covered in goodness.....

:arrow: OK... Now tell me how many of you had a blankie?? :twisted:

Return to “Roll Call”