Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (COBOLT 3.0)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (The Silents)

Postby Emerald Flame » Thu May 09, 2013 7:06 am

Arthur Eld wrote:Transform doesn't work like that. I you want to affect something mental like memories, you should use Affliction, Resisted by Will, most likely with the third result being Compelled or Controlled-limited to commanding targets to forget. Really you could probably just call that part of their Post Hypnotic Suggestion, mechanically speaking.

I thought of Affliction first, but i wanted something that was more effective. I wanted the effect that it would blank the complete mind, rather than having different levels of effect. IE: I wanted, "I don't remember anything" rather than... " I vaguely remember something."

As far as making it part of the Post-Hypnotic suggestion aspect... In the series, there was several examples, where a person merely saw a Silent and then forgot them... No communication occurred, so the P-H.S. wouldn't work as it requires communication (in my build)

Arthur Eld wrote:Also, the fact that their mouth holes appear doesn't really seem like a Limitation to me.

I used this as an indicator of something happening. The show lightning arcs started to fly into them and the "mouths" started to form. Without the light show, you would not know something is happening... hence the limiter.

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:Also, the Concealment vs Machines is wrong. They weren't unscannable (in fact, if they were invisible to machines then the Eye Drives wouldn't work, also the mechanics of their big defeat in "Day of the Moon" ... spoliers)

The reason why they seemed to be immune to being scanned is because the people who have used the scanners to scan them can't remember doing so.

Very good point... I was trying to put something in the build to represent that when Dr. Song scanned for life-forms, nobody showed up. That was before see saw them... So I figured that it was a seperate power.
You are correct that their "big defeat" is problematic with this power in place.
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 am

Emerald Flame wrote:I thought of Affliction first, but i wanted something that was more effective. I wanted the effect that it would blank the complete mind, rather than having different levels of effect. IE: I wanted, "I don't remember anything" rather than... " I vaguely remember something."

As far as making it part of the Post-Hypnotic suggestion aspect... In the series, there was several examples, where a person merely saw a Silent and then forgot them... No communication occurred, so the P-H.S. wouldn't work as it requires communication (in my build)

Yeah, well, either way, Transform specifically says it affects inanimate objects. Unless you wanna rule memories are objects. Then again, if the effect never fails and there are no real saving throws allowed, just ways to work around the effect, then you're best off just calling it what it is-a plot device.

I used this as an indicator of something happening. The show lightning arcs started to fly into them and the "mouths" started to form. Without the light show, you would not know something is happening... hence the limiter.

Yeah, that's not the Limited Flaw. Limited reduces the usefulness of an effect. So Limited while underwater means you can't use it all the time. What you're talking about is just the Noticeable Flaw.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Thu May 09, 2013 2:10 pm

OK... I looked over the build and the suggestions that I received... (That's for all the suggestions)
I re-worked the powers and came up with this....

* Energy Absorption: Energy Absorption 10 (Absorbs: Energy, Boost: Damage; Noticeable: "Mouth"
forms)
* Energy Discharge: Damage 3 (DC 18; Contagious, Increased Range: ranged)

Memory Proof (Linked)
* "I don't remember them": Cumulative Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree:
Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cumulative)
* Post-Hypnotic Suggestion: Mind Control 10 (Linked; DC 20; Sense-dependent: Hearing)

Hopefully this makes more sense and works for people.

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Mon May 13, 2013 6:52 pm

SEA BAT

Batwing Hydrofoil Propulsion System: Swimming 5 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Usual placement of this system is on the back with the chest module aiding with it. The chest module also houses the respirator system.

Depth Charge: Burst Area Blast 8 (DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Triggered: 2 uses -
(Variable))
Usual placement is on the chest unit.

Environmental Adaptation: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic)

Heat-Seeking Harpoon
Blast: Blast 8 (Linked; DC 23; Homing 2: 2 extra attempts)
Thermographics: Senses 1 (Linked; Infravision)
Usual placement is on the left arm.

Hydrodynamic Wings: Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Evasion)
Usual placement is attached under the wings or on the operators limbs. This can vary depending on the operator's personal style.

Hydrofoil Torpedoes: Burst Area Blast 8 (DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Extended Range)
Usual placement is attached under the wings or on the operators limbs. This can vary depending on the operator's personal style.

Target System: Enhanced Trait 1.5 (Traits: Ranged Combat +3 (+3))0

Helmet (Removable)
Communication: Radio Communication 4 (Sense Type: Encrypted Radio; Subtle: subtle)
Immunity: Immunity 1 (Suffocation: Internal Air Supply)
Immunity: Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Only -vs- Dazzle Effects)

:arrow: This is one of the combat systems that was introduced later in the series. I have this and it was fun to play with. It was supposed to be a high-speed surface unit. it was fast and agile but also packed a punch with six (6) missles/torpedoes.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 4:27 am

ORBITAL INTERCEPTOR

Orbital Interceptor Weapon Systems

* Backpack with Multi-Particle Missle
Burst Area Blast 10 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Extended Range)
Attachment is made on the back.

* Particle Beam Emitter: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged)
Usual attackment is made on chest plate

* Gravity Control: Energy Control 8 (Alternate; DC 23)
> Tractor Beam (Move Object: Towards)
> Establish Gravity for Operator
Usual attachment is made on both of the lower legs

Environmental Adaptation:
Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation: Space / Re-Entry, Environmental Adaptation: Zero-G)

Helmet (Removable)
Communication: Radio Communication 4 (Sense Type: Encrypted Radio; Subtle: subtle)
Immunity: Immunity 1 (Suffocation: Internal Air Supply)
Immunity: Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects; Limited: Only -vs- Dazzle Effects)

Flight Wings:
Enhanced Trait 1 (Advantages: Evasion)

Inner and Outer Atmospheric Thrusters: Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
Attachment is made on the backpack wing sections and as part of the chest-mounted pack

Radar: Senses 1 (Detect: Radar 1)

Target System: Enhanced Trait 1.5 (Traits: Ranged Combat +3 (+3))

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 10:25 am

THUNDER KNIFE

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 10:28 am

Silent Arrow

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 am

Gatling Guard

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am

Electro-Charger

Image Image

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am

Sky Knight

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 10:46 am

Skybolt

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue May 14, 2013 10:53 am

Strato Strike

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:50 am

Ugh... it has been a long time since I posted anything...

May 14th to be exact. I have been tied up with other hobbies (namely WARMACHINE) and also our gaming group fell apart. :-(

There is a glimmer of hope for the gaming group.. So... I may be returning to the ATT soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:15 am

Well.... it seems that our little gaming group might be reforming... finally.

I thought that I would dust off my thread and look over my characters.

Ugh... so many characters. Right now, I am thinking of playing Daedalus 2.0... IE: an updated version of Daedalus from the Freedom City setting.

We had originally started a campaign in which the characters are "demi-gods".. the children of the gods.. specifically the Greek gods (ala Percy Jackson books). Since the Daedalus character has already been introduced into the world setting through Daedalus... it seems to be an open door. I admit that I am a fan of Riordan's books.. at least the Percy Jackson books. The Kane Chronicles is a series I could not get into.

Let's hope it works this time.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Emerald Flame's 3e Builds (The Slenderman)

Postby Emerald Flame » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:40 pm

by_chococat830

Strength 6/1
Stamina 2
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 5
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Wealth 2 (independently wealthy), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 2, Improvised Tools, Interpose, Inventor, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Ranged Attack 2, Second Chance: TOUGH Saves

Skills
Expertise: Industry 2 (+4), Insight 1 (+4), Perception 1 (+4), Technology 4 (+6), Treatment 1 (+3)

Powers
SLENDERMAN BATTLE SUIT (Removable)
* Back-mounted "Spider legs": Extra Limbs 4 (4 extra limbs, Advantages: Improved Grab; Projection)
* Enhanced AGL: Enhanced Agility 3 (+3 AGL)
* Enhanced Dexterity: Enhanced Dexterity 2 (+2 DEX)
* Enhanced Musculature: Power-lifting 3 (technological, +3 STR for lifting)
* Environmental Protection: Immunity 12 (technological, Critical Hits, Life Support)
* Kinetic Blur: Concealment 2 (kinetic, technological, Sense - Sight; Limited to Machines)
* Kinetic Speed Manipulation (Advantages: Improved Initiative 2)
* Kinetic Jump: Teleport 6 (Alternate; kinetic, technological, 1800 feet in a move action, carrying 50
lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Custom: Negates Distracting, Stacks with:
* Teleportation: Teleport 3+6, Turnabout)
* Movement: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
* Quickness: Quickness 11 (kinetic, technological, Perform routine tasks in -11 time ranks)
* Rapid Strike: Strength-based Strike 4 (kinetic, technological, DC 25)
* Speed: Speed 11 (kinetic, technological, Speed: 4000 miles/hour, 8 miles/round)
* Kinetic-Reactive Armor: Protection 8 (technological, +8 Toughness; Impervious)
* Deflect: Deflect 4
* Myomer Musculature: Enhanced Trait 10 (technological, Strength +5 (+6))
* Sensor Suite: Senses 7 (technological, Detect: Visual 1, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision,
Radio, Time Sense, Ultravision)
* Thrusters: Flight 8 (technological, Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round; Wings)
* Teleportation: Teleport 3+6 ([Stacking ranks: +6], mutant, 2 miles in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.;
Distracting)

WEAPON SYSTEMS:
* Plasma Cannon: Blast 10 (technological, DC 25)
* Flamethrower: Cone Area Blast 5 (Alternate; technological, DC 20; Cone Area: 60 feet cone,
Secondary Effect)
* Plasma Sniper Rifle: Blast 1 (Alternate; technological, DC 16, Advantages: Ranged Attack 2;
Extended Range 3, Penetrating, Precise)
* Rapid-Fire Mini-Gun: Blast 8 (Alternate; technological, DC 23; Multiattack [4 ranks only])
* Reaper Blades: Strength-based Strike 4 (Alternate; technological, DC 25; Penetrating)
* Rockets: Burst Area Blast 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Unreliable (5
uses))

Offense
Initiative +20
Flamethrower: Cone Area Blast 5 (DC 20)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 16)
Plasma Cannon: Blast 10, +6 (DC 25)
Plasma Sniper Rifle: Blast 1, +6 (DC 16)
Rapid Strike: Strength-based Strike 4, +5 (DC 25)
Rapid-Fire Mini-Gun: Blast 8, +6 (DC 23)
Reaper Blades: Strength-based Strike 4, +5 (DC 25)
Rockets: Burst Area Blast 10 (DC 25)
Throw, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 21)

Complications
Motivation: Power: Slenderman operates on 'his' own definition of "Justice" which means that you do what he tells you to. He will use whatever force is needed to bring a person that he had determined as guilty to "justice".
Secret: Secret Identity: Slenderman is actually a female, named Amanda Woodruff.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 10, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 109 + Advantages 12 + Skills 5 (9 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 170
_____________________________________________________________________________________

:arrow: This is the first character that I have posted in a while. This is "SLENDERMAN". If you have seen pop-culture recently, then you have probably heard of the Slenderman <insert eerie music>. From what I have found out ... there are a lot reported sightings of an entity that was created in 2009. See this link for all the details. Not letting myself be stymied by the truth.... I continue!!

:arrow: MY Slenderman is another in a long line of battlesuits that I have designed. My sons actually inspired me to make the character when we found the picture on-line. I took the concept of the Slenderman and decided to play around with it a little. Following the comic-trope of using a scary image to frighten the "cowardly, suspicious criminals..", I designed the character... but then I twisted it a little.
The character is a "not-so-good"guy.... verging on a badguy. AH... who am I kidding? This is a classic Iron Age dark anti-hero. Fear, intimidation and heavy weapons are the Slenderman's weapons. The other idea that I incorporated into the character is that the pilot is actually a female. Her quote is..."As a woman, people seem to think that I need saving... as SlenderMAN, I scare the crap out of them!" She uses the suit and the image of it to obtain what she feels that she deserves. He thin build allows her to fit into the "slender" battlesuit without giving away her gender.

I see this character running into the main heroes and getting into some fights just because of the way situations are handled. Eventually, I can see Slenderman become a major villain.

Any thought?
Any comments?

Return to “Roll Call”