Betterwatchit's Builds: Belladonna

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Bill Savage

Postby betterwatchit » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Faceoff - PL 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Base: London, U.K.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strength 3, Stamina 4, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 10, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 3
Advantages
All-out Attack, Assessment, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 11, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Skill Mastery: Intimidation, Startle, Takedown, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed
Skills
Athletics 7 (+10), Expertise: Streetwise 6 (+10), Expertise: Tactics 6 (+10), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 7 (+10), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 2 (+5), Stealth 5 (+10), Vehicles 5 (+10)
Equipment
Arsenal (Assault Rifle, Heavy Pistol with Suppressor, Knife, Shotgun), Bulletproof Vest, Lock Release Gun, Motorcycle, Multi-tool, Next-Gen Smartphone, Night Vision Goggles, The Den

The Den

Toughness 8, Size Medium

Features:
Communications, Computer, Concealed 4, Garage, Gym, Living Space, Power System, Security System 3

Power Points
Abilities 1 + Features 13 + Defenses 1 = 15 EP

Offense
Initiative +9
Assault Rifle, +10 (DC 20)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 13)
Heavy Pistol, +10 (DC 19)
Knife, +10 (DC 19)
Shotgun, +10 (DC 20)
Throw, +10 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 18)
Complications
Enemy: In the Betterverse, the Gangs of London would love to see Faceoff's head on a spike.
Motivation: Justice
Prejudice: Faceoff is known to be gay. This could cause some discrimination.
Languages
U.K. English
Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10/4, Will 10
Power Points
Abilities 72 + Advantages 32 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 150
Faceoff appears in DC's Knight & Squire series. His skillset and fighting style are basically a cover of the Punisher.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Faceoff

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Good stuff here, Betterwatchit. I've started reading through your stories on my lunch.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Faceoff

Postby betterwatchit » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm flattered that you read my stuff, Thorpacolypse. I was inspired by reading Wordmaker's stories. I especially liked his Captain America vs. V fight!
Last edited by betterwatchit on Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Britannia

Postby betterwatchit » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Margaret Collins AKA Britannia - PL 12 (NPC)

Original Book: Book of Magic
Base: London, U.K.
Strength 10/1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 11/4, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 4
Advantages
Great Endurance, Inspire
Skills
Expertise: Current Events 2 (+4), Expertise: History 4 (+6), Expertise: Life Sciences 6 (+8), Insight 8 (+10), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Light Control 10 (+12), Treatment 8 (+10)
Powers
Spirit of Britain (Activation: Free Action)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 32 (Traits: Strength +9 (+10), Fighting +7 (+11))
. . Flight: Flight 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
. . Light Control: Energy Control 11 (DC 26)
. . . . Deflect: Deflect 11 (Alternate; Reflect)
. . . . Healing: Healing 11
. . Power-lifting: Power-lifting 1
. . Protection: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness)
Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +11 (DC Spec 20)
Light Control: Energy Control 11, +12 (DC 26)
Throw, +2 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 25)
Complications
Fame: Everyone knows about how the current Britannia first appeared during the 7/7 terrorist attacks, getting survivors out of danger.
Identity: Margaret wants to keep her identity secret.
Motivation: Patriotism: Margaret is proud to be British, and will do what it takes to help her country. It's this willingness to aid her fellow Britons that got her empowered by the Spirit of Britain.
Languages
U.K. English
Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 11, Fortitude 8, Toughness 12, Will 10
Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 81 + Advantages 2 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 165
This is my 100th post, the one and only Britannia! Lioness of Britain and Defender of the Isles!

She aids Britain in the same way that Lady Liberty aids America, to the point that Adrian Eldrich reckons that their powers come from similar sources. They're both patriotic and their powers are both light-based somehow.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Cruise Control Part 3

Captain's Office, Queen Mary 2, Atlantic Ocean...

Simon was up before the Captain for his role in fending off the attack against QM2.

He said "How did you know who we were, Captain?"

The Captain replied "I follow the supers, Griffin. Now then, what the bloody hell was all that about with those pirates?"

"That ghost was Jonathan 'Bloody Jack' Carver, AKA Captain Blood. Blood's been cursed to know no rest, not even in death. He must have thought that something on board could either give him flesh, blood and bone again or kill him for good. That's why he still haunts the Atlantic. You're lucky that you had two supers on board who could hurt him, or he would have sunk us all! As far as I can tell, that ship he came on sank with all hands lost. Again."

The Captain sighed "To be honest, I'm just glad someone could deal with him. But did you really have to fight?"

"He opened fire without provocation and Ms. Magus and I were the only two people on board who could actually fight back, of course we had to! If he didn't shoot, I would have at least tried to settle the matter politely first. Did anyone die?"

The captain said "Security reports that only those skeletons and that pirate were killed, if that's even possible. Medical reports that several passengers were injured by the cannonball, but I don't know for certain if any of them are long-term. Where's your partner, anyway?"

"Ms. Magus should be at the Medical Centre as we speak, trying to use her magic to help with the people who did get hurt when Blood fired that cannonball."

"Fair enough. What if you were recognised?"

"I'm fine. It's hard to recognise someone when their face is covered in bonedust and ectoplasm! And I was wearing a Morphic Molecule Suit when the fight started. I looked it up, and there's nothing in Cunard policy covering their use before you call me out. I just headed to my stateroom, wiped it off and reset the suit to Elegant Casual. No one had a go on the way here. I have to ask you something, Captain."

"Go on."

"How many people are on board right now?"

"We're at full capacity."

"How many people is that exactly?"

"From the top of my head, a bit under 3,900 people, passengers and crew."

"Then there's about 3,900 people - passengers and crew, yourself included - who should be thankful that Queen Mary's still afloat and just about in a good enough condition to reach New York! If Ms. Magus wants me, I'm going to my stateroom to sleep the sleep of the just. Or the dead. At this point, I don't really care that much."

Simon locked the door to his stateroom, and heard someone clear their throat. He said "Can't it wait? Don't know if you heard or not, but I just helped beat up a pirate ghost who was about to rob and/or sink the ship this evening, and I'm looking forward to a decent kip."

The light turned on and he heard a familiar voice say "Your rest can wait a moment, Simon."

"What in your name are you doing on my bed, Celia?"

"I want to talk to you."

Simon sat on the bed, saying "Fair enough. What's the matter?"

"What do you know about Captain Blood?"

"About as much as everyone else. Ghost pirate, cursed to know no rest in death. Wants nothing more than life or death, and willing to kill innocent people in order to achieve either. It's usually Siren who deals with him when he's loose. No one knows how to get him to stay down for good, or they would have done it by now!"

"True. The next time he's loose, I'll tell you what you need to do to get him to pass on for good."

"I'd really appreciate that. He'll want Cass even more though, as she actually dealt the lethal blow!"

"Yes, he would. Well, you'll be in New York in a couple of days. You won't need to worry about passing Customs. Just remember to declare your money, and you won't get any problems."

"Thank you, my Lady. Well, I need to go to bed now, so I'm afraid I'll see you later."

"Goodnight, Simon."

"Goodnight, my Lady."

The Britannia Restaurant, next morning...

The morning had clear skies and calm winds, which helped calm everyone a little after the cannonball strike.

Simon just finished his fry-up breakfast when Cass turned up, and she didn't seem too pleased. She said "I was looking for you. We need to talk."

"When and where?"

"Thirty minutes, in the Holyrood Suite. Don't make me look for you a second time."

"Understood."

Holyrood Suite...

As Simon walked in, he said "You have quite the taste, Cass! This is one of the Queen's Grill suites, am I right?"

"Yeah."

"Very nice! I've only got an Inside Stateroom."

Cass handed Simon an iPad which was showing a newspaper app.

Code: Select all

The headline read "Capital Carnage!" The article talked about the Trafalgar Square fight between the Griffin and Andrew 'Akimbo Assassin' Lee who was wanted by Interpol, AEGIS and the Ministry of Powers for multiple high-profile murders.

She then said "I've heard that you killed the Akimbo Assassin."

"Okay, I admit it. I killed him."

"Why?"

"Self-defence."

"You cut his head off in public!"

"I wasn't aiming to take his head! I was trying to give him the same blow I used to kill a Predator!"

"A Predator? As in the aerial drone?"

"As in the alien species who hunt people! And it was in the middle of a forest, which made it their kind of fight!"

Cass sighed. "Just tell me if you meant to kill Andrew."

"Yeah, I did. I thought that I'd probably be committing an act of very gross negligence if I let him leave Trafalgar Square alive. Even if it meant my own death."

"You were willing to die to stop him?"

"Yeah! Just so you know, I only use lethal force for two reasons."

"What are they?"

"To prevent or avenge a death. You saw me use it against Blood, remember? The amount of damage those cannonballs did, we were lucky that no-one on board got killed!"

"True. Now tell me, what was your opinion of Andrew?"

"Of Andrew? He was a straight-up psychopath with balls as big as your head. He had no regard for life of any sort, and he somehow had less if you were a cop or cape. The fact that he opened fire in a crowded area full of bystanders before fighting me should say it all. He just didn't care! I admit that I have a mental disorder as well, but I don't think that it's excuse enough to risk a civilian's life as carelessly as that!"

"Wait a minute. Did you just say you had a mental disorder?"

"Yes, I did. I'm autistic."

"I didn't know that."

"Don't blame you, Cass. It's not something I mention out loud without good reason."

Ms. Magus rolls on Insight and gets a Natural 20! And Griffin wasn't using Deception. She knows he wasn't lying at all about anything he just told her.

Cass then said "We'll be arriving in New York tomorrow. Have you still got my address?"

"Yeah. I don't want to be without a place to stay in a foreign city."

"I hear you. Well, I'll see you later, I have my stuff to pack."

"And so have I. I'll see you at your place, Cass."

The next morning...

Most of the passengers were on deck as soon as word got out that land was sighted. QM2 was coming up to the Statue of Liberty, and nearly everyone was watching the sunrise.

Simon sees the Statue and he is just awestruck. He's seen the Statues of Liberty in Paris, but this, the most iconic of them all...

Griffin was so wowed by the statue, that he was having a hard time keeping his cool. (DC 15) But he gets 25 on his Will roll and remains stable.

He says in a hushed tone "Oh say, can you see..."

Simon gets 2 PP for besting Blood without civilian deaths. He puts one into removing the Activation flaw on Justice and the other on giving it the AE Storm of Steel: Strength-based Strike 6 with Multiattack and Affects Insubstantial 2. Ms. Magus also gets 2 PP. She puts one into her Will, making it 10. She puts the other one into improving her Expertise: Magic and Insight by 1 rank each, making their bonuses +10 each.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:06 am

Rojan Lhar AKA Blackstar - PL 12 (NPC)

Affiliation: Crime League
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 8, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 2
Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Favored Environment: Aerial, Fearless, Languages 1, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 2
Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+8), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise: Tactics 3 (+6), Insight 6 (+9), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat: Shadow Bands 7 (+10), Vehicles 2 (+5)
Powers
Shadow Bands (Removable)
. . Darkness Control: Energy Control 12 (DC 27)
. . . . Create: Create 12 (Alternate; Volume: 4000 cft., DC 22)
. . . . Dazzle: Dazzle 12 (Alternate; Affects Sense: Visual, Resisted by: Will, DC 22)
. . Flight: Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
. . Immunity: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . Movement: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2: other solar systems)
. . Protection: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness)
. . Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
Offense
Initiative +3
Darkness Control: Energy Control 12, +12 (DC 27)
Dazzle: Dazzle 12, +12 (DC Will 22)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +5 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 16)
Complications
Enemy: Every Star Knight wants to re-capture the only one of their Order to ever go rogue.
Motivation: Revenge: Blackstar wants to kill every Star Knight he can lay his hands on.
The Debt: The Shadow Bands were given to Blackstar by Omega. And Blackstar knows that it's only a matter of time before Omega calls in the debt.
Languages
English, Lor (Native)
Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 14, Will 8
Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 59 + Advantages 9 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 150
Blackstar was the first and still is the only Star Knight to ever betray the Order. After the Star Knights put him in an asteroid to rot, he managed to contact Omega. Blackstar was given the Shadow Bands, and he used them to escape. Since then, he's fought the current Star Knight on Earth and thrown in with the Crime League.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Blackstar

Postby betterwatchit » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:26 am

Of Two Worlds, Part 1

Queen Mary 2, Atlantic Ocean, New York...

Dawn in New York. As Simon laid eyes on the Statue of Liberty, he took a photo of her. He told his brother that he'd say where he went, and this would prove it. All he had to do now, was to get a SIM Card. And he had to wait until he was safely ashore for that. And by the look of it, that wouldn't be long.

When the ship landed, and Simon safely disembarked, the first thing he did was hail a cab.

The cabbie said "Where'd you wanna go, buddy?"

"Do you know Ms. Magus' place, at 4th Avenue and Bay Ridge Avenue? I'm expected."

"You're expected? We'll be there in around 20 minutes. She tends to take a hands-on approach to uninvited guests, you know?"

"I know. I've actually fought alongside her. You see that gaping hole in Queen Mary 2's hull over there? I helped her beat up the ghost who made it!"

"Whoa! You fought a ghost?!"

"Oh yeah! About 4,000 witnesses can't be wrong! Oh, before I forget, do you know where I can get a SIM card for my phone?"

"There's a 24-hour store just around the corner of Ms. Magus' place. You can get a cheap pre-paid SIM in there."

"Perfect."

The Lodge, twenty-five minutes later...

As the cab came to 4th Avenue and Bay Ridge Avenue, Simon noticed that Cass' neighbourhood looked a bit nicer than his own, and all the shops were much nearer. She didn't even need to cross the road if she wanted to take the subway to Manhattan.

After Simon paid the driver and got his hold-all out, he knocked on the door.

When it opened, Simon saw that it was staffed by a mannequin with Cass' face. The mannequin said "What's the matter now?" In Cass' voice.

Simon replied "You certainly looked like flesh and blood the last time I saw you!"

"Oh, this is one of my Mannequin manservants. I'm a bit busy unpacking at the moment, Simon."

"Alright if I come in? I'd already be inside, but I heard that it's a bad idea to enter a magician's house without their invitation."

"Sure, the Mannequin will take you to your room. All of the Mannequins in my house are enchanted. I use them as manservants and as the intercom system. They'll all make a sound and glow red if I need to speak to you. Just touch the nearest one or verbally address it to open the connection."

"Got it."

An hour later...

While Simon was in his room, he sent a message to his brother, Tom.

The message was the photo of the Statue of Liberty he took earlier, with the words "Guess where I am now?"

All of a sudden, the Lodge shook! A Mannequin walked into Simon's room, and it was glowing red. Simon said "Yeah, Cass?"

The Mannequin said in Cass' voice: "Simon, get over to the basement now, we've got a problem! The entrance is under the first floor staircase. You need to see this for yourself!"

"I'm on my way, Cass!"

Two minutes later...

When Simon made it to the basement, he was surprised at what he saw.

Ponies. Six of various colours. And given how they were positioned, they certainly expected to be somewhere else. A purple unicorn was the first to break the silence. "Where... where are we?"

Cass said "This world is called Earth. How did you get here?"

The unicorn said "I was trying to cast a mass teleport spell to go to our Princess, and it seems that I... miscalculated."

A blue pegasus with a rainbow-coloured mane said "Miscalculated?! I don't think even Celestia knows where we are, Twilight!"

Cass cleared her throat and said "I'm Cass, and this is Simon. Tell me, what are your names?"

The purple unicorn said "I'm Twilight Sparkle, but you can call me Twilight."

The blue pegasus went "And I'm Rainbow Dash!"

An orange pony said in a Southern accent "I'm Applejack."

A white unicorn said "I am Rarity. How do you do?"

A pink pony bounced over and said "And I'm Pinkie Pie! But you can call me Pinkie!"

Simon said "And who's that over there?" pointing to a yellow pegasus who's looking seriously freaked out.

Twilight said "That's Fluttershy. Be careful with her, please."

Simon walks over to Fluttershy and says "Fluttershy, I know that it's hard being somewhere you don't want to be. But I assure you, I mean you no harm."

"Really?"

"Absolutely." He then extended his arm, saying "Come on, I'll look after you while you're here."

"Okay."

Griffin gets a HP for successfully getting Fluttershy to open up.

Twilight said "I guess I'll have to make the portal to get us back."

"Not quite," Cass replied. "As you've landed in a magician's house. I can help you get back home. I have most of the stuff needed to make a portal, but I need to concentrate in order to make it work. And having six ponies in the house will make it much harder."

"I can help with the concentration problem," Simon said. "Fluttershy, Rainbow, please take to the air at about my shoulder height. Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Twilight, stay close. We're going out."

Cass said "You're taking them outside?"

"Yeah," Simon replied. "You get the ponies out of your hair long enough to get the portal sorted out, and they get to see a whole new world!"

"I'll... stay here to help with the spell." Twilight said.

Cass said "Yeah, having a native of the destination would help make it much easier to calibrate the portal. Simon, you should take the R Train on the Subway around the corner to get to where I know you're taking the ponies. It takes about a hour, each way."

"Thanks, Cass. Now then, who wants a trip to the city?"

All the ponies except Twilight put their hooves up.

"Let's go, then!"

End of Part One...
Last edited by betterwatchit on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kara
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kara » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 am

betterwatchit wrote:Player Characters:
Trope-Tan (PL 7)
Blackstar
Britannia
Dr. Steel

Cult Hero (Interaction, Ranked) Choose a subculture your character is associated with.

Love your work so far. Especially the 'internet/subcultures' theme.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank you, Kara.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Of Two Worlds, Part 2

As Simon and the ponies went down the stairs to the subway station at Bay Ridge Avenue, Rarity said "I have to ask you something, Simon."

"Go on."

"Are you sure we'll be fine? It's not like we can," Rarity shuddered "Blend in."

"In this city? The amount of stuff that happens around here, most people won't bother you if you're not hurting anyone or breaking the law. I'm here in case someone does bother you without good cause. Stay there, I have to get the subway tickets. Rainbow, Fluttershy, could you land now, please?"

Rainbow Dash said "Land?! Why?"

"The ticket gates around here either have a pressure-sensitive floor to make sure you've actually walked through them or they go from the floor to the ceiling. And since it's against the law to go through or around such gates without paying..."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it."

"You can take to the air when we leave the other station."

After Simon got the Metrocards, he led the girls through the luggage gate one at a time. (He reckoned that a wider gate would be more comfortable for them.)

As the train arrived on the other platform, Pinkie said "They have underground trains here?!"

Simon said "Yes, we do. They're the best way to get a train service working inside a major city. The subway around here has been around for at least a century."

Rainbow then said "How do you get rid of all the steam and smoke?"

Simon told her "Modern subway trains are electrically powered, usually by a third rail on the line that's electrified. No smoke or steam in the first place. You still need to sort out ventilation, though. Now, the next train in our direction will be here soon."

50 minutes later...

As the train stopped, Simon said "This is our stop, ladies. Follow me."

When he got the girls out of the station, he said "Here we are. Times Square, Manhattan!"

Rarity said "Sweet Celestia, look at all the fashion here!"

Applejack said "Manhattan?! Don't you mean Manehattan?"

"Is that what they call it where you're from?"

Applejack nodded.

"You forget that you're in another world. And you should learn that our ways might not be the same as yours. In fact, I always make a point of learning the local customs when I go to another country. Mainly as some things that would be polite in one country can be considered rude if not outright insults in another. You know what else people call this city, Applejack?"

AJ shook her head.

Simon continued "It's also called the Big Apple!"

Applejack's face was all O_o.

"It's true! Now then. We're headed this way, ladies. Toward Broadway and Central Park."

As Simon and the girls headed towards Broadway and West 52nd, Rarity saw a news-stand. She said "Have you got any fashion magazines, sir? Down here, sir!"

The newsagent exclaimed "An unicorn?! And two pegasuses? What's going on?!"

Before Pinkie could open her mouth, Simon said "Excuse me, but I can help. I'm their guide, sir. I'm making sure that these ponies can have a safe tour of the city before they go back to their world. I'll have a copy of Vogue for Ms. Rarity and a Mountain Dew for myself."

"That'll be thirteen bucks."

"Here you go."

30 minutes later...

"Here we are. Central Park!"

Rarity said "How did they put so much grass in this city?"

"More than a century ago, this park used to be the slum district. The district was demolished to make way for the park. Everyone who owned property here was given enough money to find somewhere else to live. Today, the buildings closest to the park are now the most expensive in the city."

"From rags to riches! I love it!"

To be continued...
Last edited by betterwatchit on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

Shining Armour - PL 6

Base: Crystal Kingdom, to the north of Equestria.
Affiliations: Equestrian Royal Guard and Crystal Kingdom.
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2
Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Security Clearance 2: Head of Royal Guard, Benefit, Status 4: Prince of Crystal Kingdom, Deep Ties 1 (Relationship), Diehard, Improved Critical: Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2, Inspire, Interpose, Leadership
Skills
Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise: Military 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Magical Abilities 3 (+5)
Powers
Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Blast: Blast 6 (Dynamic Alternate, DC 21; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Move Object: Move Object 3 (Dynamic Alternate, 400 lbs.; Precise, Split 3: 4 targets; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19, Advantages: Improved Critical)
Ponypower: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Offense
Initiative +2
Blast: Blast 6, +5 (DC 21)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 12)
Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2, +5 (DC 19)
Move Object: Move Object 3, +5 (DC 13)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 17)
Complications
Pony: Ponies lack hands. This causes the problems one expects it to but the ponies in MLP can work around this limitation (such as holding a pencil in their mouth to write which they are perfectly able to do). Still, even basic things like holding onto an object while moving can be fairly tricky in some situations and usually requires them to hold it in their mouth (limiting speech) or balancing the object on their backs (saddle bags/baskets are almost always involved if there is an object to be carried). Shining Armour has an advantage in this case as his magic almost completely replaces the need for hands (though he doesn't tend to sustain his magic for long periods so he still needs/uses saddlebags)
Relationship: With his wife, Princess Cadence and with his sister, Twilight Sparkle.
Vulnerability: If Shining Armour's horn is hit, he must make a Will Save or immediately drop any magic he's using. (DC is that of the attack which struck the horn)
Languages
Equestrian
Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 6
Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 22 + Advantages 12 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 90

I thought that I'd do a MLP build that no-one else had done. One thing's for certain, you have to get a bit creative with your PP when making a low PL character.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 am

Of Two Worlds, Part 3

The Lodge, Brooklyn...

Twilight used Cass' Library and her own Research skill to research ways to make it easier to summon the portal. She gets a Natural 1, but spends a HP to get 20. The mechanics are now Dimensional Movement 1: Earth/Equestria, Increased Mass 2, Portal, Quirk 2: Only affects natives of Earth and Equestria, for DC 12. Cass uses Ritualist to make the Portal to Equestria. With Twilight giving her a +2 bonus, Cass gets 16.

As Twilight read one of Cass' spellbooks, she said "Do you think my friends will be okay with Simon looking after them?"

"Yeah. I've seen him in action. You do not want to get into a fight with him. I know for a fact that it's practically impossible to intimidate him."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He once got into a fight with one of this world's deadliest assassins. And he knew that this assassin wouldn't stop until one of them died."

"He killed him?"

"Yeah. It was considered an acceptable response, as the sole alternative was getting killed himself."

"Couldn't Simon have tried to, I don't know, knock him out or make him surrender?"

"No chance. That particular assassin made a point of never stopping at all until either he or his target was confirmed dead. Simon took the assassin's head clean off his shoulders, raised it high so all could see and shouted 'Behold! The head of a murderer!' And this was at Trafalgar Square, one of the busiest places in his country, so there were plenty of witnesses. He managed to leave the country the very same day."

"How do you know that he escaped?"

"Simple. I was on the same ship as him, and I got him to tell me everything. Give me a minute, I have to send a message to him..."

Central Park, Manhattan...

Simon was watching Rarity read the copy of Vogue he got her, explaining certain things when asked, when he got a text...

We're almost ready to get those girls home. Start getting them back here.

"What was that?" asked Rarity.

"Cass just sent me a message. She's just about ready to get you home. Get the rest of the girls to head towards this bench. Now where's Rainbow Dash?"

"Right above us."

"Go tell the girls, I'll talk to Rainbow."

Simon revealed his wings and flew right up to Rainbow Dash.

"Woah!" shouted Rainbow. "I never knew you could do that!"

"Not many people around here can." said Simon. "But seriously, Cass just sent a message. She's ready to get you back home. So get back down to around ground-level, at that bench where Rarity is."

"Okay."

As Simon landed, he retracted his wings, saying "We're headed back to Cass' house. Follow me, please."

The Nintendo World store...

Simon said "I need a breather, so we're going in there for twenty minutes."

Simon took a seat and had a go on the Wii U, while the girls watched him and the two screens. He reckoned that he ought to buy one if he ever gets back home. When the twenty minutes were up, he said "Come on, let's get you home." But as he went to the door, he found it blocked by some heavies.

One of them said "Those ponies of yours, we want them!"

Griffin does a Perception check and rolls 24. He notices that most of the gunmen have an iron cross branded on them. He figures them to be neo-Nazis.

"They are their own ponies, and I cannot let you take them." Simon drew his sword and shouted "Girls, we've got a problem! Get up those stairs! Now! I'll tell you when to come down again!"

One of the gunmen yells "Kill him! KILL HIM!"

Simon was thinking 'Idiots, bunching together like that. What sort of failures are they?'

Roll Initative! Rarity gets 24, one Militant gets 20, Pinkie gets 19, another Militant gets 17, AJ gets 16, Griffin gets 15, six Militants get between 10-15, Fluttershy gets 8, Rainbow gets 5 and four Militants get between 2-5.

Turn Order: Rarity, one Militant, Pinkie, one Militant, AJ, Griffin, six Militants, Fluttershy, Rainbow and four Militants.

The Militant minions all carry Heavy Pistols and Bulletproof Vests. They also have Teamwork and Second Chance: Will rolls to resist magical effects.

Griffin has 4 HP for being there, getting Fluttershy to open up, not using lethal force (he doesn't want to shock the ponies hard enough to leave a mark), and for Temper (he's been with the ponies this entire time, and knows that they haven't done anything to deserve a bunch of gunmen after them). The ponies each get 4 HP for being there, being stuck in an unfamiliar world, not using lethal force and for being unjustly attacked.

All Militants are using lethal force. Griffin isn't. The ponies wouldn't know how. Militant stats are in Hero's Handbook. The Militants don't know that their guns are useless against Griffin.

The ponies head toward cover, while Simon just ploughs through the gunmen. AJ lassos Fluttershy and pulls her up the stairs. Pinkie on the other hand, bounced on the heads of the shooters on the way up, distracting and confusing them.

Rarity runs upstairs for cover. One Militant fires at Griffin and gets 19. Griffin gets 29 and resists. Pinkie spends a HP to get Move-by Action and Taunts the Militants while heading for cover. She gets 29, the minions get 7 and they're all Shaken! One Militant shoots at Griffin, gets 14 and misses. AJ heads for cover. Griffin All-out Attacks with the Storm of Steel, aiming to floor as many hostiles as possible. He gets 13, 28, 15, 11, 24 and 11. They get 4, 5, 14, 14, 6 and 9. All six are knocked out. Fluttershy and Rainbow dive for cover. Four Militants open fire on Griffin and get Natural 1, Natural 1, 10 and 6. They missed.

Pinkie: 3 HP.

Turn Order: Rarity, one Militant, Pinkie, one Militant, AJ, Griffin, three Militants, Fluttershy, Rainbow and one Militant.

Simon realises that he doesn't know who set these guys on the ponies. That means he needs to keep one conscious and able to answer threats.

Two Militants try a Team Attack on Griffin. One gets 9 and misses. The other gets 19 and hits. He All-out Attacks five Militants, and gets 21, 23, 20, 27 (+5 DC) and Natural 20 (+5 DC). The Militants get 16, Natural 20, 18, Natural 20 and Natural 1.

Turn Order: Rarity, one Militant, Pinkie, AJ, Griffin, one Militant, Fluttershy, Rainbow and one Militant.

One of the shooters gets Simon right between the eyes, but he's still standing!

One Militant gets 16 and hits. Another gets 23. And the last gets a Natural 1.

He reveals his wings and roars "You bloody idiots!" as he smashes two shooters in the face.

Griffin reveals his wings, All-Out Attacks by 2, and gets 2 Natural 20s in a row! He ups the DC for both rolls by +5. The two Militants get 15, 16 and are knocked out. The other Militant fires at Griffin, and gets a Natural 1!

Simon then grabbed the last upright gunman by the neck and said "Your brain must be as small as your balls! Who are you, and who sent you?!"

Griffin Intimidates the Militant to get him to surrender. He gets +5 for using his wings on a religious target and rolls 26. The Militant gets 20. Fight's over!

"We're the Order of St. Henricus! The Hexenhammer himself sent us! Please don't hurt me!"

Griffin rolls Philosophy/Theology and gets 21. He's heard a bit about the Order. He knows that they were one of the less-public parts of the Inquistion who focused on actual magic-users, they didn't care whether said magic was helping or hurting people and that Erich Adler, the 'Hexenhammer' was their leader. Griffin rolls Well-informed and gets 15. He knows that Erich Adler's weapon is supposed to somehow mess with a magician's power... like that of Cass and Twilight!

"You will give me your weapon, give me all your phones, get down on your knees, put your hands over your head and wait for the police to arrive. You will tell them everything and leave nothing out. If they ask who fought you, you will tell them that the Griffin of London, the one who killed the Akimbo Assassin, fought your fellow cult-members, you traitor to all humanity!" The cultist went white as a sheet, while his trousers went brown. Simon then went upstairs and said "Girls, we're leaving now! Cass and Twilight are in danger!

To be continued...
Last edited by betterwatchit on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm

betterwatchit wrote:Shining Armour - PL 6

Powers
Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Blast: Blast 6 (Dynamic Alternate, DC 21; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Move Object: Move Object 3 (Dynamic Alternate, 400 lbs.; Precise, Split 3: 4 targets; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19, Advantages: Improved Critical)
Ponypower: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Interesting choices. I'm a little surprised that you didn't include the Element that he and Candence share- Wuv, twu wuv. Then again, not too sure how that would be represented.

betterwatchit wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complications
Pony: Ponies lack hands. This causes the problems one expects it to but the ponies in MLP can work around this limitation (such as holding a pencil in their mouth to write which they are perfectly able to do). Still, even basic things like holding onto an object while moving can be fairly tricky in some situations and usually requires them to hold it in their mouth (limiting speech) or balancing the object on their backs (saddle bags/baskets are almost always involved if there is an object to be carried). Shining Armour has an advantage in this case as his magic almost completely replaces the need for hands (though he doesn't tend to sustain his magic for long periods so he still needs/uses saddlebags)
Relationship: With his wife, Princess Cadence and with his sister, Twilight Sparkle.
Vulnerability: If Shining Armour's horn is hit, he must make a Will Save or immediately drop any magic he's using. (DC is that of the attack which struck the horn)

I am/was considering doing the Mane Six. One problem I kept running into was that the ponies don't seem to be affected by the whole lack of hands issue- especially when it comes to unicorns. That and I kept coming to the concern that the mane six kept looking too much alike. I never really considered that so many of their weaknesses go away at important times- the same times that would probably have earned them hero points from their complications.

betterwatchit wrote:I thought that I'd do a MLP build that no-one else had done. One thing's for certain, you have to get a bit creative with your PP when making a low PL character.

Cool choice. I'll start watching this thread to see what other fun pop culture elements you bring in.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Shining Armour

Postby betterwatchit » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Annabelle - PL 4 (NPC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Affiliation: Angelic Host
Base: Heaven
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3/2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advantages
Benefit, Status 2: Archangel, Connected, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fascinate (Persuasion), Favored Environment: Air, Favored Foe: Demons, Inspire 5, Leadership, Second Chance: Persuasion rolls to persuade someone to turn from evil, Well-informed
Skills
Expertise: Archangel 8 (+10), Expertise: Philosophy/Theology 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+10)
Powers
Angelic Package
. . Gift of Understanding: Comprehend 6 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
. . Cross the Great Divide: Movement 1 (Dimensional: Heaven & Earth 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.; Portal; Limited: Only through a reflective surface)
. . Wings
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Linked; Traits: Presence +1 (+3))
. . . . Flight: Flight 6 (Linked; Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Feature: Can hide wings; Wings)
Canine Physiology
. . Fur: Feature 1
. . Senses: Senses 4 (Acute (Type): Smell, Tracking: Smell 1: -1 speed rank, Ultra-hearing; Innate)
Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)
Complications
Distinctive Style: Annabelle has pink fur. Everyone who sees her is going to remember that.
Motivation: Doing Good
Quirk: Not from around here: It has been a while since Annabelle has been to Earth. And some reckon she's never been there in the first place.
Reputation: She has been considered to be a bit strict by those under her authority.
Rivalry: Her cousin, Belladonna. The feeling is mutual, and anyone under the authority of either girl will get dragged into it.
Languages
Canine
Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 0, Toughness 0, Will 8
Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 30 + Advantages 17 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 107
Annabelle is from the All Dogs Go To Heaven series of films and cartoons. She is usually seen giving advice and assignments to other angels.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.

betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Shining Armour

Postby betterwatchit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Of Two Worlds, Part 4

The Lodge, Brooklyn...

As Cass picked up her phone, she said "Hello?"

The response was Simon saying "Cass, we've got a problem!"

"What is it?! I just got the spell ready!"

"Hexenhammer's in town, and he knows we're here! I just stopped a dozen of his crew from trying to kill the girls, and I'm bringing them back now!"

"For crying out... Are you certain he's here?"

"One of his crew said that they were with the Order of St. Henricus and that Hexenhammer sent them."

"I understand. Where are you?"

"In a cab, with the girls, heading back to yours. ETA's about 30, 35 minutes. Be ready for a fight!"

30 minutes later...

As the taxi arrives at the Lodge, Simon paid the driver and then said "Let's get you girls back downstairs. This way, they'll have to go through me and Cass to get to you."

Fluttershy said "But you could get hurt, Simon!"

"I've already died once, Fluttershy. What happened as a result means that it's going to be much harder to kill me twice than you'd think. If Cass and I can't stop Hexenhammer, Twilight is to activate the portal back!"

Griffin does a Perception test (DC 20) and only gets 19.

As Simon closed the door, he heard someone on a megaphone shout "This is the Hexenhammer! I know that you're harbouring several abominations and a witch in there! You will hand them over or die with them! You have 10 minutes to decide!"

Hexenhammer tries to Intimidate Griffin, getting 24. Griffin is Fearless. Griffin rolls Tactics and gets 14.

Simon roared "To Hell with him!" Then he said "You better get downstairs, girls. I have an idea, Cass. Can you open your upstairs windows so you can blast through them?"

"Yeah."

"Then do it. I'll take Hexenhammer, and you've got his minions. You'll need to focus on any of his men who get near the door, if there are any. Otherwise, hit the gunmen at the back of the pile. You don't need to kill them, though. Hexenhammer is the only one of them who dies for this."

"Got it. He dies, they break up and we'll be free to get the girls home."

"Okay. I'm going for it now. Good luck."

"You too, Simon. You too."

Simon drew his sword, and stormed out the door, shouting "HEXENHAMMER, HEAR ME! The ponies who came here by accident have done no harm to ANYONE on Earth! I was with them both to protect them, and to protect others from them if it came to it! LEAVE NOW OR DIE!"

"You would protect those abominations?!" Hexenhammer shouted back. "Then die with them!"

Roll Initative! Griffin gets 19, 4 Militants get between 18-13, Hexenhammer gets 10, one Militant gets 10, another gets 7, Ms.Magus gets 6, six Militants get between 4-2.

Turn order: Griffin, 4 Militants, Hexenhammer, 2 Militants, Ms. Magus and 6 Militants.

Hexenhammer's stats are in Threat Report. The dozen Militants are all minions and they all carry Heavy Pistols with Sliencers and Bulletproof Vests. They also have Teamwork and Second Chance: Will rolls to resist magical effects.

An appropiate song to read the fight to would be this one from Gain Ground SX.

Griffin has 6 HP: 4 from his previous fight, one being involved in this battle and another for his Temper flaring up again. Ms. Magus has 4 HP. One for being there, one for her Motivation (there are six innocent ponies in her house that she must protect), one for using non-lethal force and one for Temper (NO ONE is going hurt the girls on her watch!) Hexenhammer has 3 HP. One for being there, one for his Motivation (destroy anything magical) and for his Hatred (he doesn't care what the girls have done. To him, they're magical, so they must die).

Griffin and Hexenhammer are using lethal force. Ms. Magus isn't. The Hexenhammer will work on Griffin and Ms. Magus, while the Militant's pistols won't work on them. Ms. Magus activated her Forcefield on her way upstairs.

Simon decided that he was going to just beat Hexenhammer to death as a warning to everyone, while half the gunmen empty their guns at him.

Hexenhammer swings his hammer at Simon, just barely missing.

Griffin attacks with the Storm of Steel and gets 24. Hexenhammer gets 21 and is hit. Four Militants fire at Griffin, getting 17, 15, 12 and 10. They all missed. Hexenhammer does an All-out Power Attack at Griffin and gets 17. He spends a HP to reroll and gets 20, hitting Griffin. Griffin gets 29 and resists. Two Militants fire at Griffin and they both get 8 and miss.

Hexenhammer: 2 HP, 1 Injured.

Cass opens fire from her upstairs window, right at the men at the back, who promptly return fire.

Cass spends a HP to stunt her magic into Blast 7 with Multiattack 7, managing to Surprise the men at the back. She gets 9, 11, 17, 6, 15, 17 and 11. The three who are actually hit get 24, Natural 1 and 18. Four Militants fire at her, getting 8, 18, 3 and 9. They all missed.

Ms. Magus: 3 HP. Ten Militants remaining.

Simon went and really clouted Hexenhammer upside the head! And got a hail of bullets for his trouble.

Griffin attacks Hexenhammer with the Storm of Steel and gets 28, crit scored! He decides to raise the DC to 30, including the bonus from Multiattack. Hexenhammer rolls 24 and is hit and Dazed! Four Militants fire at Griffin, getting 20, 22, 7 and 11. The two bullets that hit him don't beat his Impervious. Hexenhammer's Regeneration kicks in. He attacks Griffin, gets 12, spends a HP to re-roll and gets 17. He missed.

Hexenhammer: 1 HP.

Cass just sprays the gunmen while their bullets bounce off her.

Two Militants fire at Ms. Magus, getting 8 and a natural 1, both missing. Ms. Magus blasts at a Militant and gets a Natural 20, crit scored! She stunts her Blast into Blast 7 with Multiattack 7. She gets Natural 20, 20, 7, 6, 13, 9 and 14. The three who are actually hit get 7, 9, 21 and are all Incapacitated. One Militant fires at Ms. Magus and gets 24. Doesn't get through the Forcefield, though.

Seven Militants remaining.

Simon slashed at Hexenhammer like crazy while ducking a storm of lead.

Griffin attacks Hexenhammer with the Storm of Steel and gets 17. He spends a HP to reroll and gets 29 and hits Hexenhammer. Four militants fire at Griffin, They get 8, Natural 20, 21 and 8. He's Impervious to them, though. Hexenhammer swings at Griffin and gets 12. He spends a HP and gets a Natural 1!

Hexenhammer: 1 HP, 2 Injured. Two Militants fire at Griffin, getting 23 and 18. He's Impervious to them.

As one of the gunmen got near the door, Cass blasted him in the face, shouting "UP YOURS!"

Cass blasted a single Militant, getting 25. The Militant gets 16 and is out. Six Militants remaining.

"Nice one Cass! But this ends now!" Simon roared, as he landed several very brutal blows with his sword, while managing to parry the hammer.

Griffin does an All-Out Power Attack with the Storm of Steel, getting a Natural 20, crit scored! He then raises to DC to 38 (including Multiattack bonus)! Hexenhammer gets 18! He spends his last HP to reroll and gets 23. He's hit and Staggered! Four Miltants then open fire at Griffin, getting 12, 9, 15 and 13. They all hit, but he's Impervious.

Hexenhammer swings his hammer at Griffin, getting 28! Griffin gets 28 and resists. Hexenhammer's Regeneration kicks in. One Militant fires at Griffin and gets 16. Griffin's still impervious.

Hexenhammer: 0 HP, 2 Injured, Staggered.

Cass shouted "Got it!" while simply mowing them down with her spells!

Ms. Magus spends a HP to stunt her magic into Blast 7 with Multiattack 6. She All-Out Attacks and gets 20, 13, 18, 17, 26 and Natural 20, crit scored (DC +5)! The Militants get 21, 14, 17, 12, 18 and 24. Five are knocked out!

Ms. Magus: 2 HP. One Militant remaining.

Simon roared "JUST DIE, DAMN YOU!" while proceeding to break every bone in Hexenhammer's body.

Griffin unleashed another Storm of Steel and gets 25, hitting Hexenhammer. Hexenhammer gets 10 and is Dead! Fight's Over!

As Hexenhammer sank to the ground, his body disappeared, making the hammer glow with a dull red. Before anyone could make a move, everyone heard a loud voice saying "Everyone lower your weapons and your spells! Now! And leave that hammer alone!" Simon looked in the direction of the voice and saw Celia.

Cass poked her head out of the window and said "Got any idea who she is?"

Simon said "She's my boss! If you value your life, you had better do exactly what she says! She won't kill you, but she can definitely make you wish she had!"

Cass saw that Simon was actually afraid for once. What did that woman do to him, that would get him to fear her so much?

Celia picked the hammer up and said to it "I'm sure you know who and what I am, Herr Erich Adler. And I am very, very disappointed."

The hammer somehow said "Please, I'm begging you, have mercy!"

"The same mercy you gave those who selflessly used their talent in magic to help others? I'll see to you shortly, and then we'll see how much mercy you deserve." Celia then squeezed the handle and the hammer simply disintegrated. She looked Simon in the eye and said "Come with me." And he knew he couldn't refuse.

To be continued...

Return to “Roll Call”