Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Betterwatchit's Builds: Belladonna

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Blackstar

Postby Kara » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 am

betterwatchit wrote:Player Characters:
Trope-Tan (PL 7)
Blackstar
Britannia
Dr. Steel

Cult Hero (Interaction, Ranked) Choose a subculture your character is associated with.

Love your work so far. Especially the 'internet/subcultures' theme.
Kara
Groupie
Groupie

Postby betterwatchit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank you, Kara.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Of Two Worlds, Part 2

As Simon and the ponies went down the stairs to the subway station at Bay Ridge Avenue, Rarity said "I have to ask you something, Simon."

"Go on."

"Are you sure we'll be fine? It's not like we can," Rarity shuddered "Blend in."

"In this city? The amount of stuff that happens around here, most people won't bother you if you're not hurting anyone or breaking the law. I'm here in case someone does bother you without good cause. Stay there, I have to get the subway tickets. Rainbow, Fluttershy, could you land now, please?"

Rainbow Dash said "Land?! Why?"

"The ticket gates around here either have a pressure-sensitive floor to make sure you've actually walked through them or they go from the floor to the ceiling. And since it's against the law to go through or around such gates without paying..."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it."

"You can take to the air when we leave the other station."

After Simon got the Metrocards, he led the girls through the luggage gate one at a time. (He reckoned that a wider gate would be more comfortable for them.)

As the train arrived on the other platform, Pinkie said "They have underground trains here?!"

Simon said "Yes, we do. They're the best way to get a train service working inside a major city. The subway around here has been around for at least a century."

Rainbow then said "How do you get rid of all the steam and smoke?"

Simon told her "Modern subway trains are electrically powered, usually by a third rail on the line that's electrified. No smoke or steam in the first place. You still need to sort out ventilation, though. Now, the next train in our direction will be here soon."

50 minutes later...

As the train stopped, Simon said "This is our stop, ladies. Follow me."

When he got the girls out of the station, he said "Here we are. Times Square, Manhattan!"

Rarity said "Sweet Celestia, look at all the fashion here!"

Applejack said "Manhattan?! Don't you mean Manehattan?"

"Is that what they call it where you're from?"

Applejack nodded.

"You forget that you're in another world. And you should learn that our ways might not be the same as yours. In fact, I always make a point of learning the local customs when I go to another country. Mainly as some things that would be polite in one country can be considered rude if not outright insults in another. You know what else people call this city, Applejack?"

AJ shook her head.

Simon continued "It's also called the Big Apple!"

Applejack's face was all O_o.

"It's true! Now then. We're headed this way, ladies. Toward Broadway and Central Park."

As Simon and the girls headed towards Broadway and West 52nd, Rarity saw a news-stand. She said "Have you got any fashion magazines, sir? Down here, sir!"

The newsagent exclaimed "An unicorn?! And two pegasuses? What's going on?!"

Before Pinkie could open her mouth, Simon said "Excuse me, but I can help. I'm their guide, sir. I'm making sure that these ponies can have a safe tour of the city before they go back to their world. I'll have a copy of Vogue for Ms. Rarity and a Mountain Dew for myself."

"That'll be thirteen bucks."

"Here you go."

30 minutes later...

"Here we are. Central Park!"

Rarity said "How did they put so much grass in this city?"

"More than a century ago, this park used to be the slum district. The district was demolished to make way for the park. Everyone who owned property here was given enough money to find somewhere else to live. Today, the buildings closest to the park are now the most expensive in the city."

"From rags to riches! I love it!"

To be continued...
Last edited by betterwatchit on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 am

Shining Armour - PL 6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Base: Crystal Kingdom, to the north of Equestria.
Affiliations: Equestrian Royal Guard and Crystal Kingdom.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2
Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Security Clearance 2: Head of Royal Guard, Benefit, Status 4: Prince of Crystal Kingdom, Deep Ties 1 (Relationship), Diehard, Improved Critical: Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2, Inspire, Interpose, Leadership
Skills
Athletics 4 (+6), Expertise: Military 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Magical Abilities 3 (+5)
Powers
Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Blast: Blast 6 (Dynamic Alternate, DC 21; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Move Object: Move Object 3 (Dynamic Alternate, 400 lbs.; Precise, Split 3: 4 targets; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19, Advantages: Improved Critical)
Ponypower: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Offense
Initiative +2
Blast: Blast 6, +5 (DC 21)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 12)
Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2, +5 (DC 19)
Move Object: Move Object 3, +5 (DC 13)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 17)
Complications
Pony: Ponies lack hands. This causes the problems one expects it to but the ponies in MLP can work around this limitation (such as holding a pencil in their mouth to write which they are perfectly able to do). Still, even basic things like holding onto an object while moving can be fairly tricky in some situations and usually requires them to hold it in their mouth (limiting speech) or balancing the object on their backs (saddle bags/baskets are almost always involved if there is an object to be carried). Shining Armour has an advantage in this case as his magic almost completely replaces the need for hands (though he doesn't tend to sustain his magic for long periods so he still needs/uses saddlebags)
Relationship: With his wife, Princess Cadence and with his sister, Twilight Sparkle.
Vulnerability: If Shining Armour's horn is hit, he must make a Will Save or immediately drop any magic he's using. (DC is that of the attack which struck the horn)
Languages
Equestrian
Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 6
Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 22 + Advantages 12 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 90

I thought that I'd do a MLP build that no-one else had done. One thing's for certain, you have to get a bit creative with your PP when making a low PL character.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:41 am

Of Two Worlds, Part 3

The Lodge, Brooklyn...

Twilight used Cass' Library and her own Research skill to research ways to make it easier to summon the portal. She gets a Natural 1, but spends a HP to get 20. The mechanics are now Dimensional Movement 1: Earth/Equestria, Increased Mass 2, Portal, Quirk 2: Only affects natives of Earth and Equestria, for DC 12. Cass uses Ritualist to make the Portal to Equestria. With Twilight giving her a +2 bonus, Cass gets 16.

As Twilight read one of Cass' spellbooks, she said "Do you think my friends will be okay with Simon looking after them?"

"Yeah. I've seen him in action. You do not want to get into a fight with him. I know for a fact that it's practically impossible to intimidate him."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He once got into a fight with one of this world's deadliest assassins. And he knew that this assassin wouldn't stop until one of them died."

"He killed him?"

"Yeah. It was considered an acceptable response, as the sole alternative was getting killed himself."

"Couldn't Simon have tried to, I don't know, knock him out or make him surrender?"

"No chance. That particular assassin made a point of never stopping at all until either he or his target was confirmed dead. Simon took the assassin's head clean off his shoulders, raised it high so all could see and shouted 'Behold! The head of a murderer!' And this was at Trafalgar Square, one of the busiest places in his country, so there were plenty of witnesses. He managed to leave the country the very same day."

"How do you know that he escaped?"

"Simple. I was on the same ship as him, and I got him to tell me everything. Give me a minute, I have to send a message to him..."

Central Park, Manhattan...

Simon was watching Rarity read the copy of Vogue he got her, explaining certain things when asked, when he got a text...

Code: Select all
We're almost ready to get those girls home. Start getting them back here.

"What was that?" asked Rarity.

"Cass just sent me a message. She's just about ready to get you home. Get the rest of the girls to head towards this bench. Now where's Rainbow Dash?"

"Right above us."

"Go tell the girls, I'll talk to Rainbow."

Simon revealed his wings and flew right up to Rainbow Dash.

"Woah!" shouted Rainbow. "I never knew you could do that!"

"Not many people around here can." said Simon. "But seriously, Cass just sent a message. She's ready to get you back home. So get back down to around ground-level, at that bench where Rarity is."

"Okay."

As Simon landed, he retracted his wings, saying "We're headed back to Cass' house. Follow me, please."

The Nintendo World store...

Simon said "I need a breather, so we're going in there for twenty minutes."

Simon took a seat and had a go on the Wii U, while the girls watched him and the two screens. He reckoned that he ought to buy one if he ever gets back home. When the twenty minutes were up, he said "Come on, let's get you home." But as he went to the door, he found it blocked by some heavies.

One of them said "Those ponies of yours, we want them!"

Griffin does a Perception check and rolls 24. He notices that most of the gunmen have an iron cross branded on them. He figures them to be neo-Nazis.

"They are their own ponies, and I cannot let you take them." Simon drew his sword and shouted "Girls, we've got a problem! Get up those stairs! Now! I'll tell you when to come down again!"

One of the gunmen yells "Kill him! KILL HIM!"

Simon was thinking 'Idiots, bunching together like that. What sort of failures are they?'

Roll Initative! Rarity gets 24, one Militant gets 20, Pinkie gets 19, another Militant gets 17, AJ gets 16, Griffin gets 15, six Militants get between 10-15, Fluttershy gets 8, Rainbow gets 5 and four Militants get between 2-5.

Turn Order: Rarity, one Militant, Pinkie, one Militant, AJ, Griffin, six Militants, Fluttershy, Rainbow and four Militants.

The Militant minions all carry Heavy Pistols and Bulletproof Vests. They also have Teamwork and Second Chance: Will rolls to resist magical effects.

Griffin has 4 HP for being there, getting Fluttershy to open up, not using lethal force (he doesn't want to shock the ponies hard enough to leave a mark), and for Temper (he's been with the ponies this entire time, and knows that they haven't done anything to deserve a bunch of gunmen after them). The ponies each get 4 HP for being there, being stuck in an unfamiliar world, not using lethal force and for being unjustly attacked.

All Militants are using lethal force. Griffin isn't. The ponies wouldn't know how. Militant stats are in Hero's Handbook. The Militants don't know that their guns are useless against Griffin.

The ponies head toward cover, while Simon just ploughs through the gunmen. AJ lassos Fluttershy and pulls her up the stairs. Pinkie on the other hand, bounced on the heads of the shooters on the way up, distracting and confusing them.

Rarity runs upstairs for cover. One Militant fires at Griffin and gets 19. Griffin gets 29 and resists. Pinkie spends a HP to get Move-by Action and Taunts the Militants while heading for cover. She gets 29, the minions get 7 and they're all Shaken! One Militant shoots at Griffin, gets 14 and misses. AJ heads for cover. Griffin All-out Attacks with the Storm of Steel, aiming to floor as many hostiles as possible. He gets 13, 28, 15, 11, 24 and 11. They get 4, 5, 14, 14, 6 and 9. All six are knocked out. Fluttershy and Rainbow dive for cover. Four Militants open fire on Griffin and get Natural 1, Natural 1, 10 and 6. They missed.

Pinkie: 3 HP.

Turn Order: Rarity, one Militant, Pinkie, one Militant, AJ, Griffin, three Militants, Fluttershy, Rainbow and one Militant.

Simon realises that he doesn't know who set these guys on the ponies. That means he needs to keep one conscious and able to answer threats.

Two Militants try a Team Attack on Griffin. One gets 9 and misses. The other gets 19 and hits. He All-out Attacks five Militants, and gets 21, 23, 20, 27 (+5 DC) and Natural 20 (+5 DC). The Militants get 16, Natural 20, 18, Natural 20 and Natural 1.

Turn Order: Rarity, one Militant, Pinkie, AJ, Griffin, one Militant, Fluttershy, Rainbow and one Militant.

One of the shooters gets Simon right between the eyes, but he's still standing!

One Militant gets 16 and hits. Another gets 23. And the last gets a Natural 1.

He reveals his wings and roars "You bloody idiots!" as he smashes two shooters in the face.

Griffin reveals his wings, All-Out Attacks by 2, and gets 2 Natural 20s in a row! He ups the DC for both rolls by +5. The two Militants get 15, 16 and are knocked out. The other Militant fires at Griffin, and gets a Natural 1!

Simon then grabbed the last upright gunman by the neck and said "Your brain must be as small as your balls! Who are you, and who sent you?!"

Griffin Intimidates the Militant to get him to surrender. He gets +5 for using his wings on a religious target and rolls 26. The Militant gets 20. Fight's over!

"We're the Order of St. Henricus! The Hexenhammer himself sent us! Please don't hurt me!"

Griffin rolls Philosophy/Theology and gets 21. He's heard a bit about the Order. He knows that they were one of the less-public parts of the Inquistion who focused on actual magic-users, they didn't care whether said magic was helping or hurting people and that Erich Adler, the 'Hexenhammer' was their leader. Griffin rolls Well-informed and gets 15. He knows that Erich Adler's weapon is supposed to somehow mess with a magician's power... like that of Cass and Twilight!

"You will give me your weapon, give me all your phones, get down on your knees, put your hands over your head and wait for the police to arrive. You will tell them everything and leave nothing out. If they ask who fought you, you will tell them that the Griffin of London, the one who killed the Akimbo Assassin, fought your fellow cult-members, you traitor to all humanity!" The cultist went white as a sheet, while his trousers went brown. Simon then went upstairs and said "Girls, we're leaving now! Cass and Twilight are in danger!

To be continued...
Last edited by betterwatchit on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Spectrum » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm

betterwatchit wrote:Shining Armour - PL 6

Powers
Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness; Affects Others, Impervious; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Blast: Blast 6 (Dynamic Alternate, DC 21; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
. . Move Object: Move Object 3 (Dynamic Alternate, 400 lbs.; Precise, Split 3: 4 targets; Noticeable: Horn glows while being used)
Horn and Hooves: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19, Advantages: Improved Critical)
Ponypower: Speed 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

Interesting choices. I'm a little surprised that you didn't include the Element that he and Candence share- Wuv, twu wuv. Then again, not too sure how that would be represented.

betterwatchit wrote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complications
Pony: Ponies lack hands. This causes the problems one expects it to but the ponies in MLP can work around this limitation (such as holding a pencil in their mouth to write which they are perfectly able to do). Still, even basic things like holding onto an object while moving can be fairly tricky in some situations and usually requires them to hold it in their mouth (limiting speech) or balancing the object on their backs (saddle bags/baskets are almost always involved if there is an object to be carried). Shining Armour has an advantage in this case as his magic almost completely replaces the need for hands (though he doesn't tend to sustain his magic for long periods so he still needs/uses saddlebags)
Relationship: With his wife, Princess Cadence and with his sister, Twilight Sparkle.
Vulnerability: If Shining Armour's horn is hit, he must make a Will Save or immediately drop any magic he's using. (DC is that of the attack which struck the horn)

I am/was considering doing the Mane Six. One problem I kept running into was that the ponies don't seem to be affected by the whole lack of hands issue- especially when it comes to unicorns. That and I kept coming to the concern that the mane six kept looking too much alike. I never really considered that so many of their weaknesses go away at important times- the same times that would probably have earned them hero points from their complications.

betterwatchit wrote:I thought that I'd do a MLP build that no-one else had done. One thing's for certain, you have to get a bit creative with your PP when making a low PL character.

Cool choice. I'll start watching this thread to see what other fun pop culture elements you bring in.
Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Shining Armour

Postby betterwatchit » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Annabelle - PL 4 (NPC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Affiliation: Angelic Host
Base: Heaven
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3/2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advantages
Benefit, Status 2: Archangel, Connected, Contacts, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fascinate (Persuasion), Favored Environment: Air, Favored Foe: Demons, Inspire 5, Leadership, Second Chance: Persuasion rolls to persuade someone to turn from evil, Well-informed
Skills
Expertise: Archangel 8 (+10), Expertise: Philosophy/Theology 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+10)
Powers
Angelic Package
. . Gift of Understanding: Comprehend 6 (Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)
. . Cross the Great Divide: Movement 1 (Dimensional: Heaven & Earth 1: one dimension, 50 lbs.; Portal; Limited: Only through a reflective surface)
. . Wings
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Linked; Traits: Presence +1 (+3))
. . . . Flight: Flight 6 (Linked; Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round; Feature: Can hide wings; Wings)
Canine Physiology
. . Fur: Feature 1
. . Senses: Senses 4 (Acute (Type): Smell, Tracking: Smell 1: -1 speed rank, Ultra-hearing; Innate)
Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)
Complications
Distinctive Style: Annabelle has pink fur. Everyone who sees her is going to remember that.
Motivation: Doing Good
Quirk: Not from around here: It has been a while since Annabelle has been to Earth. And some reckon she's never been there in the first place.
Reputation: She has been considered to be a bit strict by those under her authority.
Rivalry: Her cousin, Belladonna. The feeling is mutual, and anyone under the authority of either girl will get dragged into it.
Languages
Native Language
Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 0, Toughness 0, Will 8
Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 30 + Advantages 16 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 106
Annabelle is from the All Dogs Go To Heaven series of films and cartoons. She is usually seen giving advice and assignments to other angels.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Of Two Worlds, Part 4

The Lodge, Brooklyn...

As Cass picked up her phone, she said "Hello?"

The response was Simon saying "Cass, we've got a problem!"

"What is it?! I just got the spell ready!"

"Hexenhammer's in town, and he knows we're here! I just stopped a dozen of his crew from trying to kill the girls, and I'm bringing them back now!"

"For crying out... Are you certain he's here?"

"One of his crew said that they were with the Order of St. Henricus and that Hexenhammer sent them."

"I understand. Where are you?"

"In a cab, with the girls, heading back to yours. ETA's about 30, 35 minutes. Be ready for a fight!"

30 minutes later...

As the taxi arrives at the Lodge, Simon paid the driver and then said "Let's get you girls back downstairs. This way, they'll have to go through me and Cass to get to you."

Fluttershy said "But you could get hurt, Simon!"

"I've already died once, Fluttershy. What happened as a result means that it's going to be much harder to kill me twice than you'd think. If Cass and I can't stop Hexenhammer, Twilight is to activate the portal back!"

Griffin does a Perception test (DC 20) and only gets 19.

As Simon closed the door, he heard someone on a megaphone shout "This is the Hexenhammer! I know that you're harbouring several abominations and a witch in there! You will hand them over or die with them! You have 10 minutes to decide!"

Hexenhammer tries to Intimidate Griffin, getting 24. Griffin is Fearless. Griffin rolls Tactics and gets 14.

Simon roared "To Hell with him!" Then he said "You better get downstairs, girls. I have an idea, Cass. Can you open your upstairs windows so you can blast through them?"

"Yeah."

"Then do it. I'll take Hexenhammer, and you've got his minions. You'll need to focus on any of his men who get near the door, if there are any. Otherwise, hit the gunmen at the back of the pile. You don't need to kill them, though. Hexenhammer is the only one of them who dies for this."

"Got it. He dies, they break up and we'll be free to get the girls home."

"Okay. I'm going for it now. Good luck."

"You too, Simon. You too."

Simon drew his sword, and stormed out the door, shouting "HEXENHAMMER, HEAR ME! The ponies who came here by accident have done no harm to ANYONE on Earth! I was with them both to protect them, and to protect others from them if it came to it! LEAVE NOW OR DIE!"

"You would protect those abominations?!" Hexenhammer shouted back. "Then die with them!"

Roll Initative! Griffin gets 19, 4 Militants get between 18-13, Hexenhammer gets 10, one Militant gets 10, another gets 7, Ms.Magus gets 6, six Militants get between 4-2.

Turn order: Griffin, 4 Militants, Hexenhammer, 2 Militants, Ms. Magus and 6 Militants.

Hexenhammer's stats are in Threat Report. The dozen Militants are all minions and they all carry Heavy Pistols with Sliencers and Bulletproof Vests. They also have Teamwork and Second Chance: Will rolls to resist magical effects.

An appropiate song to read the fight to would be this one from Gain Ground SX.

Griffin has 6 HP: 4 from his previous fight, one being involved in this battle and another for his Temper flaring up again. Ms. Magus has 4 HP. One for being there, one for her Motivation (there are six innocent ponies in her house that she must protect), one for using non-lethal force and one for Temper (NO ONE is going hurt the girls on her watch!) Hexenhammer has 3 HP. One for being there, one for his Motivation (destroy anything magical) and for his Hatred (he doesn't care what the girls have done. To him, they're magical, so they must die).

Griffin and Hexenhammer are using lethal force. Ms. Magus isn't. The Hexenhammer will work on Griffin and Ms. Magus, while the Militant's pistols won't work on them. Ms. Magus activated her Forcefield on her way upstairs.

Simon decided that he was going to just beat Hexenhammer to death as a warning to everyone, while half the gunmen empty their guns at him.

Hexenhammer swings his hammer at Simon, just barely missing.

Griffin attacks with the Storm of Steel and gets 24. Hexenhammer gets 21 and is hit. Four Militants fire at Griffin, getting 17, 15, 12 and 10. They all missed. Hexenhammer does an All-out Power Attack at Griffin and gets 17. He spends a HP to reroll and gets 20, hitting Griffin. Griffin gets 29 and resists. Two Militants fire at Griffin and they both get 8 and miss.

Hexenhammer: 2 HP, 1 Injured.

Cass opens fire from her upstairs window, right at the men at the back, who promptly return fire.

Cass spends a HP to stunt her magic into Blast 7 with Multiattack 7, managing to Surprise the men at the back. She gets 9, 11, 17, 6, 15, 17 and 11. The three who are actually hit get 24, Natural 1 and 18. Four Militants fire at her, getting 8, 18, 3 and 9. They all missed.

Ms. Magus: 3 HP. Ten Militants remaining.

Simon went and really clouted Hexenhammer upside the head! And got a hail of bullets for his trouble.

Griffin attacks Hexenhammer with the Storm of Steel and gets 28, crit scored! He decides to raise the DC to 30, including the bonus from Multiattack. Hexenhammer rolls 24 and is hit and Dazed! Four Militants fire at Griffin, getting 20, 22, 7 and 11. The two bullets that hit him don't beat his Impervious. Hexenhammer's Regeneration kicks in. He attacks Griffin, gets 12, spends a HP to re-roll and gets 17. He missed.

Hexenhammer: 1 HP.

Cass just sprays the gunmen while their bullets bounce off her.

Two Militants fire at Ms. Magus, getting 8 and a natural 1, both missing. Ms. Magus blasts at a Militant and gets a Natural 20, crit scored! She stunts her Blast into Blast 7 with Multiattack 7. She gets Natural 20, 20, 7, 6, 13, 9 and 14. The three who are actually hit get 7, 9, 21 and are all Incapacitated. One Militant fires at Ms. Magus and gets 24. Doesn't get through the Forcefield, though.

Seven Militants remaining.

Simon slashed at Hexenhammer like crazy while ducking a storm of lead.

Griffin attacks Hexenhammer with the Storm of Steel and gets 17. He spends a HP to reroll and gets 29 and hits Hexenhammer. Four militants fire at Griffin, They get 8, Natural 20, 21 and 8. He's Impervious to them, though. Hexenhammer swings at Griffin and gets 12. He spends a HP and gets a Natural 1!

Hexenhammer: 1 HP, 2 Injured. Two Militants fire at Griffin, getting 23 and 18. He's Impervious to them.

As one of the gunmen got near the door, Cass blasted him in the face, shouting "UP YOURS!"

Cass blasted a single Militant, getting 25. The Militant gets 16 and is out. Six Militants remaining.

"Nice one Cass! But this ends now!" Simon roared, as he landed several very brutal blows with his sword, while managing to parry the hammer.

Griffin does an All-Out Power Attack with the Storm of Steel, getting a Natural 20, crit scored! He then raises to DC to 38 (including Multiattack bonus)! Hexenhammer gets 18! He spends his last HP to reroll and gets 23. He's hit and Staggered! Four Miltants then open fire at Griffin, getting 12, 9, 15 and 13. They all hit, but he's Impervious.

Hexenhammer swings his hammer at Griffin, getting 28! Griffin gets 28 and resists. Hexenhammer's Regeneration kicks in. One Militant fires at Griffin and gets 16. Griffin's still impervious.

Hexenhammer: 0 HP, 2 Injured, Staggered.

Cass shouted "Got it!" while simply mowing them down with her spells!

Ms. Magus spends a HP to stunt her magic into Blast 7 with Multiattack 6. She All-Out Attacks and gets 20, 13, 18, 17, 26 and Natural 20, crit scored (DC +5)! The Militants get 21, 14, 17, 12, 18 and 24. Five are knocked out!

Ms. Magus: 2 HP. One Militant remaining.

Simon roared "JUST DIE, DAMN YOU!" while proceeding to break every bone in Hexenhammer's body.

Griffin unleashed another Storm of Steel and gets 25, hitting Hexenhammer. Hexenhammer gets 10 and is Dead! Fight's Over!

As Hexenhammer sank to the ground, his body disappeared, making the hammer glow with a dull red. Before anyone could make a move, everyone heard a loud voice saying "Everyone lower your weapons and your spells! Now! And leave that hammer alone!" Simon looked in the direction of the voice and saw Celia.

Cass poked her head out of the window and said "Got any idea who she is?"

Simon said "She's my boss! If you value your life, you had better do exactly what she says! She won't kill you, but she can definitely make you wish she had!"

Cass saw that Simon was actually afraid for once. What did that woman do to him, that would get him to fear her so much?

Celia picked the hammer up and said to it "I'm sure you know who and what I am, Herr Erich Adler. And I am very, very disappointed."

The hammer somehow said "Please, I'm begging you, have mercy!"

"The same mercy you gave those who selflessly used their talent in magic to help others? I'll see to you shortly, and then we'll see how much mercy you deserve." Celia then squeezed the handle and the hammer simply disintegrated. She looked Simon in the eye and said "Come with me." And he knew he couldn't refuse.

To be continued...
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:55 pm

Juliet Starling - PL 8

Affiliation: Starling Family
Base: San Romero, U.S.A.
Theme Song: Mickey by Toni Basil
Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 9, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2
Advantages:
Agile Feint, Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Favored Foe: Undead, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Ritualist, Second Chance: Acrobatics check to recover from being prone, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge
Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 7 (+8), Expertise (PRE): Cheerleading 6 (+8), Expertise: Magic 7 (+9), Expertise: Zombie Hunter 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat: Grenade Launcher 3 (+8)
Powers:

Chainsaw (Easily Removable)
Grenade Launcher: Burst Area Blast 5 (explosive, magical, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
Chainsaw Blade: Damage 7 (Alternate; magical, slashing, DC 22; Penetrating 7)
Rocket Engine: Flight 5 (Alternate; Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)

Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds; Limited: Only while sucking on a lollipop)
Offense:
Initiative +5
Chainsaw Blade: Damage 7, +9 (DC 22)
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 11)
Grenade Launcher: Burst Area Blast 5 (DC 20)
Throw, +5 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 16)
Complications:

Motivation: Responsibility: Juliet is following the Starling family tradition of zombie hunting.
Relationship: Her boyfriend, Nick.
Languages:
Japanese, U.S. English (Native)
Defense:
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 7, Toughness 3/1, Will 7
Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 14 + Advantages 11 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 120
Juliet is from Lollipop Chainsaw, in which her high school gets infested with zombies. With her family offering the only effective resistance, she has to find and destroy the source of the infestation.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Juliet Starling

Postby betterwatchit » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 am

Of Two Worlds, Conclusion

As Simon and Celia went into the Lodge, Cass came downstairs, saying "I don't know how you bypassed my wards, but you'll wish you-"

Simon got in her way, saying "Hold your fire, Cass! For the love of all that's holy, drop the spell!"

"Give me one good reason!"

"She is my Lady, the one who brought me back from death! I can assure you, she's not here to hurt the girls. In fact, if I'm right about why she's here, it would actually be against her best interest to let them get hurt."

"Fine. They're in the basement, and we were just ready to get them home before Hexenhammer showed up."

When everyone got downstairs, Simon said "All threats are down, girls. Now, let's get you back before you're missed-"

That was when a portal opened up rather loudly. Simon shouted "Is this your spell, Twilight?!"

"No it isn't!" she shouted back. "If I'm right it's-"

Then a very large pony walked out of the portal, with a coat as white as snow, a unicorn's horn, the wings of a pegasus and a mane that reminded Simon and Cass of the Aurora Borealis. All the other ponies bowed down to her.

Twilight said "Princess! Am I glad to see you!"

The white pony said "I'm truly glad to see that you're all okay." Then she turned and said "How are you, Celia?"

Celia said "I'm fine, Celestia. This is Cass 'Ms. Magus' Valentine who had prepared a portal to get the girls back to Equestria, and who had protected the girls."

Cass said "Hello, ma'am."

Celia continued "And this is Simon 'The Griffin' Wentworth, an angel of mine who has shown the girls around the city of Manhattan and who has also put his life on the line - twice - to protect the girls when they were in danger."

Simon said "Wait a minute! You two actually know each other?!"

Celestia said "Of course. I knew where the girls went all along and I diverted their spell. Celia and I wanted to see if ponies could co-exist with humans."

Simon said "With all due respect, Your Highness, but this world can be a harsh place for those who cannot adapt. The girls were lucky that I was with them when they went out, as there was a gang of bigots calling themselves 'The Order of St. Henricus' that despised all forms of magic, not caring if it was used for good or evil. I'm the primary reason that they failed to murder the girls, mainly as I laid out eleven of their men and I killed their leader just a couple of minutes ago! And before you ask, I gave him a chance to walk away unharmed and he refused. Personally, I would have given the girls a chance to volunteer for something as major and history-changing as this and give them a chance to back out!"

Celestia walked towards Simon and said "Nothing means more to me than the well-being of all my subjects, Simon. Celia told me that you would be more than able to protect the girls if they ever found themselves in danger. And you proved today that she was right."

Celia said "I changed you for a reason, Simon. Because I need someone who can do what needs to be done, without being frightened of anyone. Except maybe me. You did a good job today of making a First Contact go smoothly, given the circumstances."

Simon said "Thank you, my Lady. Cass, do you have a camcorder here?"

Cass replied "Yeah. I've got one that records to a SD card. Why do you ask?"

"Because we're going to prove what happened here to the world. Your highness, if you are willing, we're going to record a video of you. It can be shown to this world's press to prove your existence."

Celestia nodded. "I understand."

Twenty minutes later..

After Simon helped Cass set the camcorder up, she pressed the record button on the camera's remote, saying "Recording now, ma'am."

Celestia said "My greetings to the people of Earth. I am Princess Celestia of the Kingdom of Equestria. As you may already know, six of my subjects came from my kingdom to your world. Two of your kind helped them by showing them around the city you call Manhattan, trying to make a portal to help my people return home and by protecting them from the gang known as the Order of St. Henricus. I hereby decree that from this day, Cass Valentine, also known to you as Ms. Magus, and Simon Wentworth, also known to you as the Griffin shall both be known as Friends of Equestria! Cass, Simon, I thank you both from the bottom of my heart."

Cass said "Thank you, ma'am."

Simon bowed, saying "Thank you, Your Highness."

Celestia then said "Now, my little ponies. Let's go home." She then reopened the portal, and led the girls through it. When they had fully gone through, it closed by itself. Cass pressed the stop button on the remote.

When Simon saw that the recording light had stopped, he said "Well, that was a memorable first day in another land. Anyone wants me, I'm going upstairs to copy the video into MPEG format, while looking for the New York addresses for all the major media networks around here."

Celia said "That would be a good idea, Simon. Remember, the more networks you hand the footage to, the less chance of any censorship. Don't forget to torrent the footage and post it online."

"I know of several sites, my Lady. LiveLeak, YouTube, Nico Nico Douga, DailyMotion, Wikileaks..."

Cass said "Well, I better write down the portal instructions. You never know when you need to get to a parallel world again."

Celia said "I have to get going. I'll see you two later. Keep it up!" Then she disappeared in a flash of light.

Simon said "Let's get to work, shall we?"

Griffin and Ms. Magus both get 2 PP. They both put one PP into Benefit 1: Friend of Equestria. Griffin puts his other PP into his sword, giving it Improved Critical for both Armour-Piercing Blow and Storm of Steel. His crit-range with Justice is now 16-20. Ms. Magus puts her other PP into Dodge.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Juliet Starling

Postby betterwatchit » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Dr. Jane Green, AKA Dr. Green - PL 10
Affiliation: Golders Green Guardians
Base: London, U.K.
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 9, Awareness 6, Presence 2
Advantages
Assessment, Benefit, Wealth 2 (Independently wealthy), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 9, Improved Critical: Ether Blade, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Speed of Thought, Well-informed
Skills
Close Combat: Ether Blade 5 (+10), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise: Biology 1 (+10), Expertise: Cryptozoology 1 (+10), Insight 4 (+10), Investigation 1 (+10), Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+10), Ranged Combat: Anti-Monster Gear 8 (+10), Technology 1 (+10), Treatment 1 (+10)
Powers
Anti-Monster Arsenal (Easily Removable)
. . Ecto-Lance: Blast 10 (DC 25; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank)
. . . . Ether Blade: Damage 6 (Alternate; DC 21, Advantages: Improved Critical; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Penetrating 6)
Chameleon-Particle Grenade: Cloud Area Nullify 10 (Counters: Invisibility, DC 20; Cloud Area 2: 30 feet radius sphere; Diminished Range 3)
Ectoplasmic Harpoon: Nullify 10 (Counters: Insubstantial, DC 20; Diminished Range 2)
Kirlian Rod: Senses 5 (Acute: Aura, Analytical: Aura, Counters Concealment: Vision, Detect: Aura 1; Affects Others)
Enhanced Nervous System (Advantages: Speed of Thought)
. . Fast Thinker: Quickness 10 (Perform routine tasks in -10 time ranks; Limited to One Type: Mental)
Force-Field Generator (Removable)
. . Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness)
Equipment
Anti-Monster Equipment (Chameleon-Particle Grenade [Cloud Area Nullify 10, Counters: Invisibility, DC 20; Cloud Area 2: 30 feet radius sphere; Diminished Range 3], Ectoplasmic Harpoon [Nullify 10, Counters: Insubstantial, DC 20; Diminished Range 2], Kirlian Rod [Senses 5, Acute: Aura, Analytical: Aura, Counters Concealment: Vision, Detect: Aura 1; Affects Others]), Next-Gen Smartphone, The Guardhouse, Utility Belt (Multi-tool, Night Vision Goggles, Parabolic Microphone, Rebreather, Restraints, Toolkit (Basic))
The Guardhouse

Toughness 18, Size: Large

Features:
Art Studio, Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 5, Workshop

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Features 17 + Defenses 6 = 5 EP. The other Guardians have each put 5 EP into the Guardhouse, for a total cost of 25 EP.

Offense
Initiative +9
Chameleon-Particle Grenade: Cloud Area Nullify 10 (DC Will 20)
Ecto-Lance: Blast 10, +10 (DC 25)
Ectoplasmic Harpoon: Nullify 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Ether Blade: Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +2 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)
Complications
Fame: Dr. Green is one of the Golders Green Guardians, known throughout Britain for finding things that go bump in the night and then bumping them right back.
Honor: Dr. Green must tell any opponent who can understand her to either surrender at once or take the consequences. Said consequences usually involve the use of lethal force.
Motivation: Responsibility: Dr. Green considers it her duty to protect Britain from supernatural threats.
The Oxbridge Rivalry: As an Oxford lady, she doesn't mind sticking it to those who graduated from Cambridge.
Scientific Curiosity: Dr. Green has a tendency to dissect the more interesting (read: dangerous) creatures that she finds.
Languages
U.K. English
Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/2, Will 12
Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 22 + Advantages 22 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 29 = 150
Dr. Green is one of the Golders Green Guardians, who specialise in fighting supernatural threats to Britain. She has the metahuman power of an enhanced neural structure, allowing her to think much faster than normal. She is also the only Guardian whose powers are not supernatural in origin. Her degrees in biology allow her to understand what makes the various nasties she encounters tick.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Betterwatchit's Builds: Adam Jensen

Postby betterwatchit » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Adam Jensen - PL 12

Affiliation: Sarif Industries
Base: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
Strength 5/2, Stamina 2, Agility 4/2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 12, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 4/2
Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit, Security Clearance 2: Head of S.I. Security, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 4, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown
Skills
Athletics 5 (+10), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise: Law Enforcement 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+10), Ranged Combat: Guns and Taser 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Throw 2 (+4), Ranged Combat: Typhoon System 2 (+4), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 5 (+7)
Powers
Augmented Arms
. . Augmented Strength: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Strength +3 (+5))
. . Armblades/Hardened Knuckles: Strength-based Strike 3 (bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, DC 23)
Augmented Vision: Senses 4 (Penetrates Concealment: Visual)
Boosted Reflexes: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Agility +2 (+4), Advantages: Improved Initiative)
Dermal Plating: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
Icarus Landing System: Movement 1 (Safe Fall; Noticeable: Glowing sphere surrounds Jensen)
Internal Rebreather: Immunity 1 (Suffocation: Poisonous Gases)
Rejection-proof: Immunity 1 (Rejection Syndrome)
C.A.S.I.E. Social Implant: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Presence +2 (+4))
Typhoon Explosive System
. . Bomb Launcher: Burst Area Blast 5 (ballistic, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Multiattack; Diminished Range)
. . Kinetic Bleeder: Immunity 1 (Rare Descriptor: Own Typhoon System)
Equipment
Custom Heavy Pistol (Heavy Pistol, Laser Sight, Suppressor), Taser
Offense
Initiative +8
Bomb Launcher: Burst Area Blast 5 (DC 20)
Custom Heavy Pistol, +10 (DC 19)
Grab, +12 (DC Spec 15)
Hardened Knuckles / Arm Blades: Strength-based Strike 3, +12 (DC 23)
Taser, +10 (DC Fort 15)
Throw, +10 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 20)
Complications
Motivation: Responsibility: Adam used to be in Detroit PD's SWAT, until he refused to shoot an augmented teenager. He begins Human Revolution by serving David Sarif as the head of his corporation's security. He soon ends up responsible for a lot more than he bargained for...

Power Loss: Jensen can run out of energy to fuel his mods if he uses them too much. He'll need to get some Cyberboost (sold either as a nutrition bar or like a protein shake powder) to recover if this happens. Another thing that can drain energy fast is being electrocuted.

Prejudice: As an Aug, Naturals (those without implants due to either paranoia (which is actually logical in a Deus Ex game), possessing a rare augment rejection syndrome, have no chance to afford them - or Neuropozyne, the only working anti-rejection drug, which has a heavily-monitored distribution - or just think that they're "disgusting") just don't like Jensen.

Weakness: EMP attacks can mess Jensen up by temporarily denying him the use of his mods while they reboot. He can still use his limbs during that time, but not any other enhancements.
Languages
U.S. English
Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/5, Will 7
Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 48 + Advantages 26 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 180
Adam Jensen is the main character from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. He receives his augmentations after his building is attacked by mercenaries and he is badly injured. The game focuses on trying to find out who had the plant attacked and why. It also asks the question: What does it mean to be human?

Tactical Notes: For the Armblades/Hardened Knuckles, assume that the Armblades are being used when Jensen is using lethal force in unarmed combat, and the Knuckles when he has to go non-lethal. The Typhoon system is designed so that all you have to do is a quick spin with the safety off to deploy, hitting everything around you. The Kinetic Bleeder ensures that you don't die from your own blast!

Setting Notes: As of Human Revolution, Jensen is the only Aug who doesn't need the heavily controlled drug Neuropozyne to prevent his body from rejecting his implants. The reason why is a major spoiler, so I won't go into it. Everyone else needs at least Benefit: Wealth 1 to afford the regular shots needed to safely use augmentations.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Michael Cohen AKA The Golem - PL 10
Affiliation: Golders Green Guardians
Base: London, U.K.
Strength 4/11, Stamina 4/11, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 2
Advantages
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Connected, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical 4: Unarmed, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Languages 1, Power Attack, Ultimate Effort: Toughness, Weapon Break
Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Expertise: Streetwise 8 (+8), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation 6 (+11), Perception 5 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+8)
Powers
Golem Amulet (Removable)
. . Strong as the Golem! (Activation: Standard Action)
. . . . Fearsome Presence: Perception Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Perception Area, Selective, Subtle: subtle; Check Required: DC 11 - Intimidation)
. . . . Let Loose! (Advantages: Improved Critical 4; Penetrating 11)
. . . . . . Shockwave: Burst Area Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Limited: Golem and targets must be touching the ground)
. . . . . . Thunderclap: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cone Area: 60 feet cone; Limited Degree, Sense-dependent: Hearing)
. . . . Life Support: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
. . . . Quick to Recover: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds, Advantages: Diehard)
. . . . Size of the Golem: Growth 7 (+7 STR, +7 STA, +3 Intimidate, -7 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size category)
. . . . Skin of Stone: Impervious Toughness 11 (Advantages: Ultimate Effort: Toughness)
Equipment
5 EP towards the Guardhouse
Offense
Initiative +4
Fearsome Presence: Perception Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 21)
Shockwave: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Throw, +0 (DC 26)
Thunderclap: Cone Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 26)
Complications
Fame: The Golem is one of the Golders Green Guardians, known throughout Britain for finding things that go bump in the night and then bumping them right back.
Motivation: Responsibility: Michael considers it an honour to maintain his family's legacy of the Golem.
Prejudice: Michael is Jewish, which can cause discrimination from neo-Nazis, anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists and super-powered bigots like White Knight.
Languages
U.K. English (Native), Yiddish
Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 11, Toughness 11, Will 6
Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 70 + Advantages 12 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150
Michael Cohen used to fall in with the wrong crowd, if only to spite his father. And he was good at things like intimidation and beating people up. Half the locals didn't want to go down a dark alley for fear of bumping into him. When his father died and the will was read, Michael was given a jewellery box and a letter.

The letter said that his father was the Golem, a legendary Jewish hero based on the monster of legend. All he had to do was wear the amulet, which was enchanted by kabbalists, and he could be as strong as the Golem! He was shocked! If only he had known...

There was only one thing for it. He would become the new Golem, and undo the mistakes of his past by preying on those who would threaten innocents. But he knew he couldn't do it alone, so when Dr. Green gave him an invite to this new team she was forming to fight supernatural threats, he said yes. He's been a Guardian ever since.
Tactical Notes:
Michael prefers to straight-up smash or intimidate anything that comes his way, if he doesn't know a more effective method for a particular target.
Last edited by betterwatchit on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Start Spreadin' The News, Part 1

The Lodge, Brooklyn...

It's 10 A.M, the day after he arrived in NYC, and Simon's in the kitchen, on his phone, planning like nobody's business. Cass walks in, drinking a mug of coffee. She says to him "What are you doing, Simon?"

He showed her his phone, saying "I'm planning a route to get that video of us and the ponies over to a few media companies in town. I've already managed to find the New York branches of four of the best, so I know that word of why yesterday happened will spread once they get it."

Cass said "Well, you seem to know what you're doing. Which companies did you pick, exactly?"

"There's Current, they're quite good. The BBC have a bureau here, which should make it much easier for word of what happened to spread to Britain. And there's Fox and CNN. If one of them won't broadcast the video, I'll tell them that the other one would be interested in it, that should shut them up. All but Current have live feeds to Britain, so I know that word will spread back home."

"How are you going to reach Times Square after Current get the video?"

"I can fly at 120 MPH, Cass. I can make it to the BBC office in about ninety seconds at top speed. Afterwards, it'll take less than a minute to get to each of the last two. It'll likely take ten minutes for them to broadcast it once they see it. I already have the memory card, so I'm ready to go."

"Fair enough, I guess." Cass then tossed him a housekey, saying "I might not be here when you get back. That key will tell the security wards and the Mannequins that I'm allowing you in here. They won't attack you or call me."

"Thanks, Cass. Yeah, I'll see you later."

Simon then stepped out on to the streets of Brooklyn. A clear sunny day and very little wind meant that he had near-ideal flying conditions for a high-speed job like this. He let his wings come out, and took to the skies.

Simon's route to the Current office took him from Bay Ridge through the Red Hook district, over the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, then he went over Governor's Island. As he entered Manhattan, he flew over the Battery Maritime Building and over the World Trade Center site, where he hovered and briefly saluted before heading over to Hudson Street.

As he landed, he said to himself "Better start spreading the news..."

Last edited by betterwatchit on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

Postby betterwatchit » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Booker DeWitt - PL 9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Base: New York, U.S.A.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 8, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 2
Advantages
Accurate Attack, Benefit, Ambidexterity, Defensive Roll, Equipment 5, Improved Aim, Improved Critical: Revolver, Move-by Action, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Seize Initiative, Taunt, Tracking, Ultimate Effort: Aim, Uncanny Dodge
Skills
Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise (DEX): Horse Riding 4 (+9), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 7 (+9), Stealth 4 (+9)
Powers
Sky Hook: Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Swinging; Limited: Only along Sky-lines)
. . Strike: Strength-based Strike 2 (Alternate; DC 19)
Vigor User: Variable 2 (Limited: To powers related to previously drunk Vigors, Quirk: Can't use while on a Sky-line)
Equipment
Revolver (Treat as Heavy Pistol), Shotgun, Sky-hook [Movement: Movement 2, Safe Fall, Swinging; Limited: Only along Sky-lines]
Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 12)
Heavy Pistol, +8 (DC 19)
Shotgun, +8 (DC 20 )
Strike: Strength-based Strike 2, +8 (DC 19)
Throw, +8 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)
Complications
Addiction: Booker likes to drink and gamble a bit more than he ought to.
Enemy: Zachary Comstock wants Booker dead, to the point where he actually called Booker the "False Shepherd" in his Founder's Cult. This means that anyone affiliated with Comstock has the general reaction of "kill or die" if they realise that they're dealing with Booker.
Power Loss: Booker can wind up losing the use of his Vigors if he uses them too much. If that happens, he'll need to get some Salts in order to get his Vigors working again.
Reputation: Booker is known to have been part of the 7th Cavalry at Wounded Knee, and he was a Pinkerton afterwards before he was fired for engaging in 'conduct exceeding acceptable bounds', which is really saying something, given what the Pinkertons were doing back then.
Responsibility: For Elizabeth Comstock, by helping her escape from Columbia.
Languages
U.S. English
Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 10, Toughness 4/3, Will 8
Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 11 + Advantages 21 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 135
Booker DeWitt is from Bioshock Infinite, which is set in the flying city of Columbia. Booker's in debt to some nasty people, and they told him about Elizabeth, saying "Bring us the girl, and wipe away the debt." Compared to other Bioshock games, which happen after a major disaster, this is the one where you're right on time to see the chaos unfold in front of you!
Last edited by betterwatchit on Sat May 04, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
betterwatchit
Henchman
Henchman

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call