Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Jack of Spades: Mystique, Avalanche, Growth, Juggernaut

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Captain America

Postby Scrollreader » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 pm

He can at least brawl with iron man, thor, and their respective rogues. Also, I love the shield. When I saw the related power in the Speed Profile, I thought of Cap too.
Scrollreader
Hireling
Hireling

Postby jspade » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:00 pm

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Interesting choice for his shield there. And i like that you made it concentration to use effectively, which makes sense, otherwise it just acts like a normal shield.

Yeah, when Cap's really on the defensive, nothing gets past the shield.
JoshuaDunlow wrote:Though I think his fighting skill and defenses are way out of proportion, unless you think Cap can take on superman. :lol:

I don't know that Cap would win, but I think he'd make a good showing against Superman, or Thor, or the Hulk – better than Batman, and Batman's survived hits from murderous Kryptonians with no more excuse than "I'm Batman." Cap's a notch or two up from my Batman in most respects, because I do see him as an all-around better fighter even without the shield; he's also stood up to Superman-expys like Count Nefaria and Hyperion.
Jack of Spades' Builds
jspade
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby jspade » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Scrollreader wrote:He can at least brawl with iron man, thor, and their respective rogues. Also, I love the shield. When I saw the related power in the Speed Profile, I thought of Cap too.

I used a similar trick for Wonder Woman's bracelets too, requiring a Move action, so she can either fight back or close on the people shooting her while she does bullets & bracelets.
Jack of Spades' Builds
jspade
Collaborator
Collaborator

Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Nick Fury

Postby jspade » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 am

Nick FuryPL 9
    Abilities
    STR 3, STA 4, AGL 4, DEX 4, FGT 9, INT 4, AWE 4, PRE 4

Advantages
    Benefit 3 (Executive Director of SHIELD), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 19, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Minions 28 (Multiple Minions 3, 8 MR4 minions), Planner, Quick-Draw, Ranged Combat 8, Redirect, Well-Informed

Skills
    Athletics 4 (+7), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+15), Deception 12 (+16) [Redirect], Expertise: Civics 2 (+6), Expertise: Current Events 2 (+6), Expertise: Government Agent 6 (+10), Expertise: Soldier 5 (+9), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+8), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 12 (+16) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 0 (+4), Persuasion 3 (+7) [Connected], Ranged Combat: Guns 2 (+14) Sleight of Hand 2 (+6), Stealth 4 (+8), Technology 4 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Equipment
    SHIELD Uniform: Immunity 5 (Ballistic effects), Limited to half effect, Subtle 1 • 4 points

SHIELD Smartphone w/Earbud2 point

High-Tech Combat Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4 • 8 points
      AE Knife: Strength-based Piercing Damage 1, Improved Critical • 1 point
      AE Exploding Cigar: Burst Area Damage 4, Limited (1 use) • 1 point
    Flying Porche: Large; Strength 5, Speed 5, Flight 7, Defense 8, Toughness 8. Features: Ranged Multiattack Damage 6 • 42 points

Helicarrier: Huge, Toughness 14. Features: Communications, Computer, Defense Systems (use military helicopter weapons), Effect (Flight 7), Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Personnel, Power System, Security System 2 (DC 25) • 33 points

Offense
    Initiative +8; HTC Pistol +14 (Ranged Damage 4), Unarmed +15 (Damage 3)

Defenses
    Parry 12, Dodge 12, Fort 8, Will 10, Toughness 6/4*

Power Points
    Abilities 72 + Powers 0 + Advantages 68 + Skills 34 + Defenses 21 = Total 195 points

Complications
    Motivation: Nick is a patriot. He will even go against the heroes to ensure the security of the United States.

Enemy: Baron Strucker, the Viper, and HYDRA.
    Physical Disability: Fury is blind in one eye; opponents can take advantage of this, giving him a −2 to ranged attacks.
    Relationships: Captain America is Nick’s close friend. He has an on-again off-again relationship with Contessa Allegra de Fontaine
    Responsibility: As head of SHIELD.

Notes
    Nick Fury is in some ways the Batman of the Marvel Universe – as the Marvel Universe’s greatest spy, he ends up being the know-it-all that Batman is for DC. Nick feels like an NPC though; he gives clues to the heroes, loans them any equipment they need, throws them plot hooks, and gets out of the way when the action starts.

Nick's no slouch in combat, but he's not going to stop a rampaging Hulk. He's tricky as heck though; expect some power stunts off his weapons array for SHIELD spy gear and lots of Feints. As head of SHIELD, he's almost always got a team of agents available to do the heavy lifting, except when he's undercover as dead.

Does anyone besides me want to see a Nick Fury/Odin teamup? Or at least see Thor mistake Nick for his dad?
    Jack of Spades' Builds
    jspade
    Collaborator
    Collaborator

Re: Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Captain America, Nick Fury

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:21 pm

You forgot something on Nick's sheet. Benefit: May or may not be an LMD.

I dig the builds though. Nick Fury is awesome. If you haven't yet than you should check out Secret Warriors it's one of the best SHIELD books that's been put out in years.
    "When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
    ClassDunce
    Cosmic Entity
    Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Scrollreader wrote:He can at least brawl with iron man, thor, and their respective rogues. Also, I love the shield. When I saw the related power in the Speed Profile, I thought of Cap too.

Jspade, I do love that shield mechanic. I may, nay, WILL have to swipe it and test it. It really fits. I think it perfectly represents how he walked away unscathed when Thor nails the shield with Mjolnir in the Avengers movie and his ability to hang with Hulks and such and so you note without overpowering him against the Red Skull and the like.
    Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
    Thorpacolypse
    Cosmic Entity
    Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: SHIELD

Postby jspade » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:52 pm

S.H.I.E.L.D.

SHIELD (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Directorate) is the lead US government agency in dealing with super-villains, international terrorism, and similar threats. SHIELD appears to have been formed in response to the rise of HYDRA as a threat to US security, and expanded as superhuman activity became a major national issue. Since its inception, SHIELD has operated some of the most advanced technology in the world, much of it supplied by Stark Industries.

Field Agent PL4 • MR4

Abilities: Str 1, Sta 2, Agl 1, Dex 1, Fgt 3, Int 2, Awe 2, Pre 2
    Equipment: Pistol (Ranged Damage 3), Smartphone.
    Advantages: Defensive Roll, Equipment 2.
    Skills: Athletics 4 (+5), Deception 2 (+4), Expertise: Civics 2 (+4), Expertise: Current Events 2 (+4), Expertise: Spy 3 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 4 (+6), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Pistol 4 (+5), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+5).
    Offense: Initiative +1, Unarmed +3 (Damage 1), Pistol +5 (Ranged Damage 3).
    Defense: Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 3, Will 3, Toughness 3/2.
    Totals: Abilities 28 + Powers 0 + Advantages 3 + Skills 22 + Defenses 8 = 60 points

These are the guys in suits who do most of the field investigative work for SHIELD. They're the ones you're most likely to mistake for ordinary FBI or CIA agents, because they essentially are.

Paramilitary Agent PL6 • MR4

Abilities: Str 2, Sta 2, Agl 1, Dex 1, Fgt 4, Int 0, Awe 0, Pre 0
    Equipment: Body Armor (Immunity 5 (Ballistic), Limited to half damage, Subtle), Comlink, High-Tech Close-Quarters Battle Weapon (Ranged Multiattack Damage 5, Extended Range 1), 4 points unspent (for wingsuits, night vision gear, grenades, etc.)
    Advantages: Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 5, Improved Initiative
    Skills: Athletics 4 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+7), Expertise: Soldier 7 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Guns 6 (+7), Treatment 1 (+1), Vehicles 1 (+2).
    Offense: Init +5, HTCQB Weapon +7 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 5), Unarmed +7 (Damage 2).
    Defenses: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 5, Will 5, Toughness 4/2.
    Totals: Abilities 20 + Powers 0 + Advantages 8 + Skills 14 + Defenses 18 = 60 points

These are the guys who rocket-pack out of the helicarrier to raid HYDRA Island or try to bring down supervillains megatons above their weight class. They're in jumpsuits with body armor, helmets, and the very latest in high-tech weaponry.

Headquarters

SHIELD has facilities throughout the US and the world. The New York base is located beneath a barber shop, accessible via barber-chair elevators; it presumably has other, similar bases elsewhere in the US.

SHIELD Secret Headquarters: Large, Toughness 12. Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 (DC +20), Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System 2 (DC 30) • 22 points

Elsewhere in the world, SHIELD has smaller safe house facilities where agents can hide out, resupply, and check in with headquarters.

SHIELD Safe House: Small, Toughness 8. Features: Communications, Garage, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Living Space, Power System, Secret 3 (DC 25), Security System 2 (DC 30) • 12 points

Vehicles

SHIELD agents usually use conventional or military vehicles (black Accura sedans seem to be popular), but they have a limited inventory of flying cars. These appear to be normal vehicles until they need to take to the air; the wheel hubs house powerful turbine thrusters. Most have a machine gun armaments behind the headlights or in the trunk.

SHIELD Flying Car: Large; Strength 5, Speed 5, Flight 7, Defense 8, Toughness 8. Features: Ranged Multiattack Damage 6 • 42 points
    Jack of Spades' Builds
    jspade
    Collaborator
    Collaborator

Re: Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby jspade » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 am

Black WidowPL 10
      Natasha Romanoff
    Abilities
    STR 3, STA 4, AGL 7, DEX 6, FGT 12, INT 3, AWE 5, PRE 4

Powers
    Acrobat: Movement 2 (Safe Fall, Swinging) • 4 points

Uniform: Immunity 2 (Environmental Heat & Cold), Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling), Removable (−1) • 4 points

Widow’s Bite: Ranged Electrical Damage 5, Removable (−2) • 8 points
      AE Sting: Ranged Electrical Affliction 5 (Fort; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) • 1 point
      AE Web Line: Snare 4, Tether; Feature 1 (Swing line) • 1 point
    Advantages
    Agile Feint, Attractive, Benefit (Agent of SHIELD), Contacts, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 6, Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Languages 2 (English, Japanese, French, Arabic, Russian), Move-By Action, Ranged Combat 5, Redirect, Set-Up, Skill Mastery 2 (Deception, Stealth), Takedown (Close), Well-Informed

Skills
    Acrobatics 9 (+16) [Agile Feint], Athletics 11 (+14), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+17), Deception 16 (+20/+22) [Attractive, Daze, Skill Mastery], Expertise: Ballet 7 (+10), Expertise: Spy 15 (+18), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 12 (+15) [Contacts], Perception 5 (+10) Persuasion 7 (+11/+13) [Attractive], Ranged Combat: Widow’s Bite 2 (+13), Sleight of Hand 3 (+10), Stealth 8 (+15) [Skill Mastery], Technology 8 (+11), Vehicles 3 (+9)

Equipment
    Earbud: Comlink • 1 point
    SHIELD Body Armor: Immunity 5 (Ballistic effects), Limited to half effect, Subtle 1 • 4 points
    Utility Belt: Binoculars, Mini-tracers, Lockpicks, Rebreather, Camera • 6 points
    Tear Gas Grenades: Ranged Cloud Affliction 4 (Fort; Dazed & Vision Impaired, Stunned & Vision Disabled, Incapacitated & Vision Unaware) • 16 points
      AE Flash-Bangs: Ranged Burst Area Affliction (Fort; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Reduced Range 1 • 1 point
      AE Knife: Strength-based Piercing Damage 1, Improved Crit • 1 point
      AE M4 Carbine: Ranged Ballistic Multiattack Damage 5, Extended Range • 1 point
    Offense
    Initiative +11; Widow’s Bite +13 (Ranged Damage 5), Window’s Sting +13 (Ranged Affliction 5), Unarmed +17 (Damage 3)

Defenses
    Parry 14, Dodge 14, Fort 6, Will 10, Toughness 6/4*

Power Points
    Abilities 88 + Powers 18 + Advantages 32 + Skills 60 + Defenses 16 = Total 214 points

Complications
    Motivation: Natasha protects the world because it’s the only job she knows, and she intends to do it well.

Relationships: The Widow respects Nick Fury and Captain America. Daredevil, Hawkeye, Hercules, and Iron Man are among her former lovers, and she has managed to end all the relationships amicably and remain friends.

Notes
    The Black Widow's gotten a push lately because of the Avengers movie; I first encountered her sidekicking for Daredevil in his West Coast days, but she really made an impression on me when Miller used her in his Daredevil run.

Natasha is a better field agent than Nick Fury, which makes her one of the few Marvel characters who can actually do an investigation. She's comfortable undercover or raiding HYDRA bases.

Why are spider-themed women so sexy?
    Jack of Spades' Builds
    jspade
    Collaborator
    Collaborator

Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Falcon

Postby jspade » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 pm

FalconPL 9
      Sam Wilson
    Abilities
    STR 3, STA 4, AGL 4, DEX 2, FGT 7, INT 1, AWE 3, PRE 2

Powers
    Avian Telepathy: Mental Communication 2, Perception (Vision), Limited to Birds; Comprehend Animals 2, Limited to birds • 12 points

Flight Harness: Flight 6 (120 mph), Winged • 6 points

Visor: Senses 3 (Comlink, Extended Vision, Infravision) • 3 points

Advantages
    Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Favored Environment (Air to air), Improved Initiative, Move-By Attack, Set-Up, Sidekick 11 (Redwing), Takedown (Close)

Skills
    Acrobatics 10 (+14) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+15), Deception 0 (+2), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+6), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 7 (+10) Persuasion 0 (+2), Stealth 4 (+8), Technology 2 (+3), Vehicles 2 (+4)

Redwing PL6 • Sidekick Rank 11
    Abilities: STR −3, STA −1, AGL 4, DEX 0, FGT 4, INT −4, AWE 0, PRE −3
    Advantages: Agile Feint, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Talons & Beak), Improved Hold, Move-by Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork
    Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+3), Close Combat: Talons & Beak 4 (+8), Expertise: Survival 6 (+6), Perception 10 (+10), Stealth 0 (+12)
    Powers: Senses 3 (Extended, Ultra, & Low-Light Vision), Strength-based Damage 4, Flight 6 (Winged), Shrinking 2
    Offense: Initiative +4, Talons & Beak +10 (Damage 1), Unarmed +7 (Damage −3)
    Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Will 4, Fort 3, Toughness −1
    Totals: Abilities −6 + Powers 19 + Skills 16 + Advantages 8 + Defenses 16 = 53 points

Offense
    Initiative +8; Unarmed +15 (Damage 3)

Defenses
    Parry 10, Dodge 12, Fort 6, Will 8, Toughness 6/4*
    * Without Defensive Roll

Power Points
    Abilities 52 + Powers 21 + Advantages 12 + Skills 28 + Defenses 18 = Total 138 points

Complications
    Motivation: The Falcon has seen America at its worst and best; he strives to make it better.
    Power Loss: The Falcon’s wings and visor can be removed, but seldom are.
    Relationships: The Falcon was inspired by Captain America and is always there when Cap needs him.
    Responsibility: Sam tries to mentor black youth as much as he can, and serve as a role model.

Notes
    The Falcon’s arguably the first black American superhero, and certainly the first without “black” in his name. Like many groundbreaking characters, he’s become steadily less stereotypical as time goes on.

These days, the Falcon is Marvel’s answer to Hawkman, and as espionage has played a greater role in Captain America his surveillance abilities have become more important.

Even though he’s been an Avenger in his own right, the Falcon is at core a sidekick. He complements characters like Cap and the Black Widow who are more down to earth; standing alongside Iron Man or Thor he’s not very impressive.
    Jack of Spades' Builds
    jspade
    Collaborator
    Collaborator

Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Hawkeye

Postby jspade » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:30 pm

HawkeyePL 10
      Abilities
      STR 3, STA 4, AGL 5, DEX 5, FGT 12, INT 1, AWE 3, PRE 1

Powers
      Impossible Shot: Enhanced Extra 5 (Perception Range), Limited to ranged attacks, Variable Descriptor (Attacks), Quirk (Limited to lower of Attack or Extra's rank, −1); Enhanced Effect (Perception Range Effect +5), Limited to enhancing Ranged attacks, Variable Descriptor (Attacks), Quirk (Limited to lower of Attack or Extra's rank, −1); Innate • 17 points
        AE Rapid Fire: Enhanced Extra 5 (Multiattack), Limited to Ranged Attacks, Variable Descriptor (Attacks), Quirk (Limited to lower of Attack or Extra's rank, −1), Innate • 1 point
        AE Wounding Shot: Ranged Multiattack Affliction 3 (Tou/Will; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated), Innate, Limited (requires cutting, piercing, or ballistic projectile), Variable Descriptor (same as projectile) • 1 point
        AE Crippling Shot: Ranged Affliction 3 (Tou/Will, Impaired & Hindered, Disabled & Immobile, Incapacitated), Extra Condition, Innate, Limited (requires cutting, piercing, or ballistic projectile), Variable Descriptor (same as projectile) • 1 point
        AE Vulnerable Spot: Perception Weaken Toughness 10, Innate, Insidious, Limited to Defensive Roll or equipment, Limited to vs. his own attacks, Subtle 2 • 1 point
      Advantages
      Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Benefit 1 (Avenger), Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 5, Improved Aim, Improvised Weapon, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Quick Draw, Precise Attack (Ranged cover & concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 10, Second Chance (Visual Perception Checks), Takedown (Ranged), Throwing Mastery 3, Ultimate Aim, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
      Acrobatics 9 (+14) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+15) Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Circus 4 (+5), Insight 0 (+3), Intimidation 0 (+1), Perception 4 (+7) [Second Chance], Persuasion 0 (+1), Ranged Combat: Bow 2 (+17) [Ultimate Aim], Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 4 (+9), Technology 6 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+8).

Equipment
      Avengers Communicard: Comlink • 1 point

Bow: Ranged Damage 3, Extended Range 1, Variable Descriptor (piercing, cutting, bludgeoning) • 8 points
        AE Acid Arrow: Ranged Weaken Toughness 4 • 1 point
        AE Bola Arrow: Move Object 6, Limited to trips, disarms, & grabs; Improved Trip, Improved Disarm • 1 point
        AE Boomerang Arrow: Ranged Damage 3, Indirect 2 • 1 point
        AE Electro Arrow: Ranged Affliction 3 (Fort; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) • 1 point
        AE Explosive Arrow: Ranged Damage 4 • 1 point
        AE Net Arrow: Snare 3, Burst Area 2 • 1 point
        AE Putty Arrow: Snare 4 • 1 point
        AE Rocket Arrow: Ranged Damage 3, Burst Area 2 • 1 point
        AE Sonic Arrow: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 4 (Fort; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Hearing-based • 1 point
        AE Smoke Arrow: Ranged Cloud Area Concealment 2 (Visual) • 1 point
      Grapple Arrow: Swingline • 1 point

Tracer Arrow: Trace • 1 point

Offense
      Init +5; Bow +17 (Ranged Damage 3, highly variable), Impossible Shot: Bow (Perception Damage 8, highly variable), Rapid Fire: Bow +17 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 3), Unarmed +15 (Damage 3)

Defenses
      Parry 12, Dodge 14, Fort 7, Will 8, Toughness 6/4

Power Points
      Abilities 68 + Powers 21 + Advantages 36 + Skills 25 + Defenses 17 = Total 167 points

Complications
      Motivation: Hawkeye loves the thrills and adrenaline of being a superhero; the applause isn’t bad either.

Deaf: Hawkeye’s hearing is Impaired if he’s not wearing his hearing aid.
      Rebel: Hawkeye has a problem with authority, unless the authority is him
      Responsibility: Hawkeye tries to help out people who are trying to live down past mistakes, especially the Thunderbolts; he’s also a sucker for newbie heroes.
      Showoff: Hawkeye will sometimes make things more difficult for himself than they need to be, just so he can show how good he is.

Notes
      Abilities-wise, my Hawkeye is modeled on his Ultimate universe counterpart, able to kill with a flicked fingernail. In terms of personality though, he’s still the Br’er Hawkeye known to the mainstream Marvel Universe. There's more than a dash of his cinematic version in my visualization too; I see him working with the Black Widow (thus his inclusion in my Agents of SHIELD section), though he doesn't consider himself one of Fury's people.

Hawkeye has no superhuman powers, but is a highly skilled acrobat and fighter, and possibly the finest marksman ever. He can turn any Ranged attack up to Rank 5 into a Perception attack, and upgrade effects that are 1/rank by 5 ranks, simulating an unerring Power Attack; he can also use the same weapons as Multiattacks whether they're normally capable of it or not. He's used to using lethal weapons in a less-than-lethal manner, reflected with his two Afflictions (one for painful but non-damaging wounds, the other for leg-shots to immobilize). Finally, he's very good at hitting unarmored locations, and he's more effective than you'd expect against martial-artist types, reflected by his ability to Weaken their toughness.
      Last edited by jspade on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
      Jack of Spades' Builds
      jspade
      Collaborator
      Collaborator

Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Agent 13

Postby jspade » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Agent 13PL 8
        Sharon Carter
      Abilities
      STR 2, STA 3, AGL 3, DEX 3, FGT 7, INT 3, AWE 3, PRE 2

Advantages
      Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 10, Improved Initiative, Languages (English, Arabic, Russian), Power Attack, Ranged Combat 4

Skills
      Acrobatics 5 (+8) [Agile Feint], Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+13), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Government Agent 4 (+7), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 7 (+10), Perception 5 (+8) Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat 4: Guns 4 (+11), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 3 (+6), Vehicles 6 (+10).

Equipment
      SHIELD Uniform: Immunity 5 (Ballistic effects), Limited to half effect, Subtle 1 • 4 points

SHIELD Smartphone w/Earbud2 point

High-Tech Close-Quarters Battle Weapon: Ranged Ballistic Multiattack Damage 5 • 15 points
        AE High-Tech Combat Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4 • 1 point
      Flying Porche: Large; Strength 5, Speed 5, Flight 7, Defense 8, Toughness 8. • 24 points

Offense
      Init +7; HTCQB Weapon +11 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 5), HTC Pistol +11 (Ranged Damage 4), Unarmed +13 (Damage 2)

Defenses
      Parry 9, Dodge 11, Fort 7, Will 9, Toughness 5/3*
      * Without defensive roll

Power Points
      Abilities 52 + Powers 0 + Advantages 20 + Skills 34 + Defenses 20 = Total 126 points

Complications
      Motivation: Sharon is a loyal agent of SHIELD.
      Relationships: Sharon is Captain America’s on-again off-again girlfriend.
      Responsibility: Agent 13 is one of SHIELD’s top agents.

Notes
      Time to get back to actual Agents of SHIELD, and Agent 13’s one of their best.

I didn’t know about Peggy Carter and her relationship to Sharon for years after I first encountered her; I just thought of Agent 13 as “Cap’s hot blonde girlfriend.” And despite Stan Lee’s misogyny, Sharon’s an ass-kicker.

Agent 13 fits more into Cap’s realistic adventures than the Falcon, and she repeatedly proves that, costume or no, she’s not to be underestimated.
      Jack of Spades' Builds
      jspade
      Collaborator
      Collaborator

Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: HYDRA

Postby jspade » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:32 pm

HYDRA
        Hail, HYDRA! Immortal HYDRA! We shall never be destroyed! Cut off a limb, and two more shall take its place!

—HYDRA oath
      HYDRA was founded by Baron Strucker using resources smuggled out of the collapse of the Third Reich. Since then, it has become one the most dangerous and advanced terror organizations in the world. SHIELD was formed expressly to counter the threat HYDRA posed to the United States.

HYDRA is run by Baron Strucker from behind the scenes as the Supreme Hydra, buffered from the division chiefs by a central ruling committee. HYDRA has at times served the needs of the Red Skull, though the relationship is more ideological similarity than actual alliance. Splinter groups of HYDRA have broken away from time to time and function autonomously under the HYDRA banner; one notable faction is AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics), HYDRA's former weapons development group.

Hydra Militant PL4 • MR3

Attributes: STR 1 STA 2 AGL 1 DEX 2 FGT 3 INT 0 AWE 0 PRE 0
      Equipment: Comlink, High-Tech Weapon (Ranged Multiattack Damage 5), AE Grenades (Ranged Burst Area Damage 5)
      Advantages: Equipment 4, Ranged Combat 1.
      Skills: Athletics 4 (+5), Deception 2 (+2), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+5), Deception 2 (+2), Expertise: HYDRA 4 (+4), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception 2 (+2), Technology 2 (+2), Vehicles 1 (+3).
      Offense: Init +1, High-Tech Weapon +3 (Ranged, Multiattack Damage 5), Unarmed +5 (Close, Damage 1).
      Defenses: Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 2, Will 0.
      Totals: Abilities 18 + Powers 0 + Advantages 5 + Skills 10 + Defenses 8 = Total 41 points.
      Last edited by jspade on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Jack of Spades' Builds
      jspade
      Collaborator
      Collaborator

Re: Jack of Spades' Agents of SHIELD: Hawkeye

Postby jspade » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 pm

I've been digging the new Hawkeye series and, since #3 was basically a catalog of trick arrows, I wanted to revisit Hawkeye's arsenal. He got some new marksmanship tricks to go with it.
      Jack of Spades' Builds
      jspade
      Collaborator
      Collaborator

Jack of Spades: Cloak & Dagger

Postby jspade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:18 pm

CloakPL 9
        Abilities
        STR 3, STA 3, AGL 1, DEX 2, FGT 4, INT 0, AWE 1, PRE −1

Powers
        Cloak of Darkness:
        Affliction 9 (Fort; Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated), Affects Corporeal, Concentration, Reach 3; Elongation 2; Linked to Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel: Darkforce Dimension) Attack vs. Dodge, Affects Corporeal, Limited to targets Incapacitated by Affliction; Strength 3 Affects Corporeal • 37 points
          AE Teleport: Accurate Teleport 8 (120 miles), Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Extra Mass 6, Limited to Extended, Side Effect (Burst Area Affliction as above on anyone he takes with him) • 1 point
        Living Darkness:
        Enhanced Strength 1, Enhanced Stamina 1, Enhanced Fortitude 5, Flight 1; Insubstantial 4, Continuous, Precise, Subtle 1; Senses 2 (Darkvision) • 39 points

Advantages
        Diehard, Startle, Takedown (Close), Teamwork

Skills
        Athletics 0 (+3), Close Combat: Cloak 5 (+9), Deception 4 (+3), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+4), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+7) [Startle], Perception 1 (+2), Persuasion 0 (−1), Stealth 7 (+8)

Offense
        Init +1; Cloak +9 (Affliction 9), Unarmed +4 (Damage 3)

Defenses
        Parry 9, Dodge 9, Fort 8, Will 4, Toughness 3

Power Points
        Abilities 22 + Powers 77 + Advantages 4 + Skills 16 + Defenses 16 = Total 135 points

Complications
        Motivation – Justice: Cloak & Dagger are particular enemies of drug dealers, but Cloak chooses to feed on evildoer’s light
        Addiction: Cloak must consume light, either from Dagger or by taking life-force from people in his cloak.
        Power Loss: From time to time, Ty’s cloak has been stolen, and with it his powers.
        Relationship: Ty and Tandy have been together since they first met.

Notes
        Cloak is problematic until you start looking at the results he gets rather than what he claims to do. Minions get sucked into the cloak pretty easily, but if name people do they’re effectively defeated. Since “effectively defeated” is pretty much the same as “third degree Affliction”, I made that aspect of things a minor Movement Attack limited to people he’d otherwise drained.

I treated the automatic attack on any teleport passengers as a side effect since, if he’s taking them with him, they are willing and therefore friendly. I’m iffy on Cloak’s range; I’ve never seen him try to teleport beyond New York, but in Secret Invasion, Cage felt like he needed to steal a Quinjet to go to the Savage Land, suggesting it was out of range for Cloak. Wikis say he can project darkness, but I’ve never seen him do it.

Like Dagger, Cloak’s only got a few tricks and isn’t much without them.
        Jack of Spades' Builds
        jspade
        Collaborator
        Collaborator

Jack of Spades: Cloak & Dagger

Postby jspade » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:31 pm

DaggerPL 9
          Abilities
          STR 0, STA 3, AGL 5, DEX 4, FGT 2, INT 0, AWE 1, PRE 1

Powers
          Glows: Environment 1 (Bright light); Burst Area Immunity 1 (Cloak’s Powers) • 4 points

Light Daggers: Ranged Multiattack Affliction 7 (Will; Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Defenseless, Incapacitated), Diminished Range (70’/175’/350’), Extra Condition, Feature (+5 Persuasion vs. those Incapacitated), Cumulative, Homing 1, Ricochet 1 • 37 points
            Bright Light: Visual Perception Area Affliction 9 (Fort; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Limited to vision • 1 point
            Purge Toxins: Nulify Toxins 12, Simultaneous • 1 point
          Advantages
          Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Attractive, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Defense, Luck, Teamwork

Skills
          Acrobatics 5 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 10 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 7 (+9), Deception 0 (+1/+3) [Attractive], Expertise: Pop Culture 4 (+4), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+4), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 0 (+1), Investigation 4 (+4), Perception 1 (+2), Perform: Ballet 7 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Ranged Combat: Light Daggers 7 (+11), Stealth 2 (+7)

Offense
          Initiative +5
          Light Daggers +11 (Ranged Affliction 7), Unarmed +9 (Damage 0)

Defenses
          Parry 11, Dodge 13, Fort 3, Will 2, Toughness 5/3*
          * without Defensive Roll

Power Points
          Abilities 32 + Powers 43 + Advantages 9 + Skills 29 + Defenses 17 = Total 130 points

Complications
          Motivation – Acceptance & Justice:Dagger is more focused on building a home than Cloak, and often tries to reconnect the duo to the rest of the world. She does share Cloak’s hatred of drug dealers, but not to the same degree.
          Accident/Power Loss:Dagger can overextend her powers and deplete her supply of “light”. On the other hand, if she doesn’t use them for an extended period, she will start to overload.
          Relationship:Ty and Tandy are together and have been for years.

Notes
          Dagger must have some considerable native talent for battle, because she’s been taking on drug gangs with what amounts to a tranquilizer gun for years, and no more training that “I took ballet.”

Dagger’s main attack is pretty straightforward, an Affliction with some extras. She gets a little Feature to help her convince people she’s taken out to change their lives. Her healing abilities are more difficult; I finally settled on Nullify rather than Healing, because I’ve never seen her actually heal an injury. And her light grants immunity to Cloak’s powers, so she can guide people through the the Darkforce Dimension on those team teleports.
          Jack of Spades' Builds
          jspade
          Collaborator
          Collaborator

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call