JD's 3E Thread: More fantasy NPCS ?

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: JD's 3E Thread: The Pudding Man!!!

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:32 pm

He does sound like a batman enemy doesn't he?! :lol:

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The GingerBread Man

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:07 pm

The Ginger Bread Man - PL 6
Origin: Chemical Inducement.
Concept: Unhinged Trickster
Nationality: African American

Abilities
Strength 2/4, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Agile Feint, Equipment 1, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grab, Improved Hold

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+8), Deception 10 (+10), Expertise: Cooking 2 (+3), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Gingerbread Stars: Strength-based Damage 2 2 (+6), Stealth 4 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+6)

Powers
Two Dimensional Form (Activation: Move Action)
. . Bounce Back Attack: Shapeable Area Deflect 6 (Shapeable Area: 30 feet, cubic, Reflect; Reduced Range: close)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR)
. . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 1 (Fluid; Limited: Limited to width)
. . Rubber Body: Immunity 16 (Common Descriptor: Bludgeon, Damage Effect: Bullets, Environmental Condition: Pressure; Limited - Half Effect [15 ranks only])
. . Stepping Sideways: Concealment 2 (Sense - Sight; Limited: to One Edge, Partial)
. . Stretching: Elongation 2 (Elongation: 30 feet)
. . Maleable Movement
. . . . Arm Swing: Movement 1 (Swinging)
. . . . Bouncing Ball: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
. . . . Leg Stretch: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
. . . . Living Trampoline: Movement 1 (Safe Fall; Affects Others)
Equipment
Gingerbread Throwing Knifes [Gingerbread Stars: Strength-based Damage 2, DC 21; Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range]

Offense
Initiative +4
Gingerbread Stars: Strength-based Damage 2, +6 (DC 21)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 14/16)
Throw, +4 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 19)

Complications
Enemy: The Police. : More than any other member of the team, the Gingerbread man , is a wanted killer.
Quirk: Psychotic. : Jack Riggs is something of a fool. A trickster, Manipulator, and all around jokester. He has a tendency to talk in rhyme.
Weakness: Cold: The Gingerbread man can be made brittle by Cold Attacks. Treat the intensity of the attack as a Affliction that reduces toughness. 1st degree: is Impaired, 2nd degree: HIndered, 3rd degree: Transformed (Shattered)

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 36 + Advantages 4 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 114

Background & Notes
A clown in make up, and outfit that looks like the gingerbread man.

Jack Riggs used to be The Pudding Man's assistance. But when one of his his cullinary inventions went wrong, Jack was transformed and became the Gingerbread Man. He also lost some of his insanity in the process. The gingerbread man, is perhaps one of the most dangerous of the bunch. His abilities make him extremely capable at mayhem and murder.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Update: Current D&D to M&M Conversions

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:04 am

Power / Magic Resistance: Anything below a Resistance rating of 20, treat as a feature, with a +5 save vs. the particular descriptor. Anything from 20-30 treat as Impervious Defense against the particular descriptor, equal to his full willpower defense or an Immunity against that descriptor with a 1/2 save flaw modifier. A resistance of 30+ treat as both, or full Immunity (GM's discretion)

Saves to Defenses: Since saving throws can get out of hand in D&D in extreme proportions. Ive decided to treat these like "levels" before converting to a rank.

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Image

** Do not include Shield bonuses.
*** This bonus is added onto a weapons ( or shields) normal ranks. So a +2 sword that does 1d8 damage in D&D does Rank 4 damage in M&M.

Fighting Score & Ranged Combat: I usually base this off the creatures HD or Base Attack bonus which ever is lower. And I usually assume that their ranged combat, is 2/3rds this value.

Converting Multi Classed Characters: To find the true Hit Dice value before converting. Take your highest level class as your base. Then for every 3 levels in other classes add 1 to this.

Greater HitDice: Some monsters/classes use a D10 or a D12 for their hitdice. To represent their increased potentials. Grant them either Increased Stamina, or the protection power. D10 is 1 rank, D12 is 2 ranks.

Damage Resistance: Use the last column on the chart above for converting into Impervious ratings. I've decided for converting Damage Resistance to specific attacks. Should a monster have a DR of 20 or greater, the GM can opt to just give the creature half save immunities to the specific resistances. DR's of 40 or higher against specific attacks, can be full Immunities. But this is up to you. The main reason to keep there from being incredibly high Impervious ratings.

Skill Ranks: Skill Ranks convert straight across the board. Though you may want to cut back on the number skills, to cut down on costs. It's up to you.

Saving Throws to Defense: Since saving throws can get out of hand in D&D in extreme proportions. Ive decided to treat these like "levels" before converting to a rank.

Making Spells Generic?: A quick rule, to converting spells. If you don't want to convert a bunch of spells into the game. Do this. The player has an aray of points equal to their caster level x 2. And has a number of spells 1/4th the amount of total spells castable (except for the 0 level spells).

Power / Magic Resistance: Anything below a Resistance rating of 20, treat as a feature, with a +5 save vs. the particular descriptor. Anything from 20-30 treat as Impervious Defense against the particular descriptor, equal to his full willpower defense or an Immunity against that descriptor with a 1/2 save flaw modifier. A resistance of 30+ treat as both, or full Immunity (GM's discretion)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: JD's 3E Thread: D&D Conversion update

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Let's put this to a test. Any SRD requests?

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Cool stuff JD. Hmm something from the SRD. Well I always liked Chain Devils. Or perhaps a Balor.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Chain Devil

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:37 pm

“Bob Marley? Isn't he a Bard?”

Chain Devil - PL 8 (108 pp)
Outsider

Abilities (32pp):
Str 2, Sta 3, Agi 2, Dex 2, Fgt 8, Int -1, Awe 0, Pre 1

Advantages (4pp):
Improved Critical 1 (Chain), Improved Initiative 1, Languages 1 (Common, Infernal)

Skills (27pp):
Athletics 11 (+13), Close Combat: Dancing Chains 2 (+10), Expertise: Blacksmithing 18 (+17), Intimidation 11 (+12), Sleight of Hand 11 (+13)

Defenses (15pp):
Dodge 7, Parry 8, Fort 7, Tough 7, Will 6

Powers (29pp):
Senses 2 (Darkvision) · 2pp
Outsider (Immunity 5 [Cold Damage]) · 5pp
Regeneration 2 (cannot regenerate damage from Silver or Good weapons)· 2pp
Chain infused Devil's Skin: Protection 4 (Impervious 3)· 7 pp
Unnerving Gaze: Affliction 5 (1st: Attack Impaired; Ranged, Limited Degree 2, Diminished Range 2) · 1pp
Dancing Chains: Strength based Damage 3 (Improved Critical 2; bludgeon & slashing) + Elongation 1 + Additional Limbs 4 (chains) · 10pp
Climbing Chains: Movement 2 (Wall Crawling; Limited to vertical surfaces) · 2pp

Offense:
Initiative +6, Unarmed +8 (dc 17), Dancing Chains +10 (dc 20)

Complications:
Outsider. An outsider killed outside of its own native plane will die, and cannot be resurrected.
Vulnerable. Silver and Good Weapons, bypass the Chain Devils Protection and Impervious ranks.

Builders Notes:
The outsider complication, doesn't seem like it would be a Complication. So might end up making it a quirk of their regeneration perhaps? Also I'm using a new format, cause I'm trying to get out of relying on hero lab for everything. Which I think has made me jaded and sloppy with my builds. I got your Balor request in my list for another day

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Narsil » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:49 pm

I'd be interesting to see builds for the Circle of Eight.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'
-The Fourth Doctor, Terror of the Zygons

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:58 am

In my searching I've only ever seen 1 or 2 of the eight even stated up.
But lets see we got Mordenkainen, Bigby, Bucknard, Drawmij, Leomund, Nystul, Otto, and Rary.

EDIT: I scrounged up a few stats from some searching :

Almahazad the Wise, Wiz 19: hp 59, AL LN. Str 7, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 17, Cha 14

Bigby, Wiz 19: hp 89, AL N. Str 9, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 21, Wis 15, Cha 12

Drawmij, Wiz 18: hp 81, AL N. Str 7, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 22, Wis 17, Cha 9

Jallarzi Sallavarian, Wiz 15: hp 47, AL NG. Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 19, Wis 17, Cha 17

Mordenkainen, Wiz 20+: hp 106, AL N. Str 10, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 23, Wis 15, Cha 18

Nystul, Wiz 17: hp 76, AL N. Str 7, Dex 10, Con 15, Int 22, Wis 17, Cha 15

Otto, Clr 3(Boccob)/Wiz 15: hp 78, AL N. Str 16, Dex 10, Con 15, Int 17, Wis 15, Cha 17

Theodain Eriason, Wiz 17: hp 79, AL CN. Str 15, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 22, Wis 15, Cha 16

Warnes Starcoat, Wiz 20: hp 86, AL N. Str 14, Dex 18, Con 16, Int 24, Wis 17, Cha 17

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread ... z2vCQsTY4h
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aerlwyn
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Aerlwyn » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 am

I remember an adventure that had they all stated up for second edition d&d. Will have to look and get the name of it again.

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Narsil » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:04 am

There were times when they had different members, with the additional members being Tenser, Otiluke, Jallarzi, Warnes, Alhamazad and Theodain.

You can find some 3.5e stats here.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

'Oil, an emergency? About time the people who run this planet of yours realize that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense.'

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 am

Oh nice, that will help.

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:44 am

Holy crap, the stats for Mordenkainen are insane. Level 27 Wizard with Quickened Time Stop?!? Among a whole bunch of other really powerful capabilities...

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:55 am

kenmadragon wrote:Holy crap, the stats for Mordenkainen are insane. Level 27 Wizard with Quickened Time Stop?!? Among a whole bunch of other really powerful capabilities...

Well you have to remember, these stats are assumed and creative takes on the famous characters. Gygax never really had never been forthcoming about the abilities of his prized inner circle. But I wont be very literal with these conversions myself. Converting every little detail about an established PC, would be counter productive.

Narsil
Fanatic
Fanatic

Postby Narsil » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 pm

I personally ignore 3rd edition material except where I can convert it back to AD&D, and admittedly a 27th level wizard is pretty easy to convert.
Narsil 2e
Narsil 3e

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Cool Chain Devil. I haven't studied your conversion method that close but the results look good. I imagine it could work for Pathfinder too for the most part.

Return to “Roll Call”