Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

JD's 3E Thread: More fantasy NPCS ?

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Additional Advantage: Sneak Atack

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 am

Added my own rules for doing a sneak attack.

JoshuaDunlow wrote:Original Advantages
Here are a few Advantages I created for use within a Fantasy Setting. I do want to convert some of the Warriors & Warlocks material here as well, given time.

Armor Finesse (Ranked)
When using this Advantage, a player can remove the optional penalty for wearing heavy armor. The normal penalty is -1 for every rank of protection that armor provides , minus 1. The use of this feat reduces that penalty further by 1 for each rank in armor Finesse. The penalty applies mostly to athletics and acrobatic checks, and to anything else the GM decides.

Athletic Feint
This advantage works just like the Acrobatic Feint, instead of relying on your skill to move and roll away from an attack. The Athletic Feint, allows you to push and shove your opponents, in an effort to keep from getting hit.

Heroic Valour
Sometimes courage is your best defense, a hero can spend extra effort to bolster his defense. Gaining a +2 bonus to his toughness, should he be left without any other form of armor for protection. This advantage will not work if the hero is wearing armor, and is considered concentration in duration. The hero cannot use extra effort with this.

Horse Master
This is something I encorporated into my LOTR builds. The house rule for this is that a person suffers a -2 penalty to melee attacks. while on horseback, and a -5 penalty to use ranged attacks on horseback. Taking this advantage, reduces the penalty , to 0/-2 (ranged).

Mind over Body
This advantage allows the player to use his Willpower defense for certain fortitude effects, such as diseases or poisons. Being able to control certain aspects of your metabolism through sheer will. The GM can let this cover other things at his discretion, such as holding a persons breath, etc..

Shield Bash
This allows a hero to use his shield as a bludgeon weapon. Treat this like a Alternate effect. It turns a small shield into a +1 strength based damage effect. While a Medium shield is treated as a +2 strength based damage effect. A large shield is just too bulky to be used as a weapon.

Sneak Attack (ranked)
This advantage allows a hero to use his stealth to his advantage in combat. Though there are several requirements for one to be able to Sneak Attack. First and foremost, the Attacker must have a higher initiative then the one he is attacking. Second, he must make a successful stealth check against the targets perception. One 1 degree of success, the target is defense impaired, and gains the benefit of an Improved Critical equal to the ranks in his sneak attack. On 2 degree's of success, the target is vulnerable and the attack and gains the Improved Critical benefits. On 3 degree's of success the target is considered Defenseless, and gains the benefits of the Improved Critical. Without this advantage, an attacker can only hope for treating his target defense impaired or vulnerable.

Split Attack (Specific Attack)
The hero can split his attack just like the power modifier, and works the exact same way. You must however specify a specific attack for this to work when taking the Advantage.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Medieval Weapons

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:11 pm

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Fantasy Priest

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:40 pm

The Power of Faith
The one style that fit’s the faith model of the generic priest or cleric, of many fantasy genre’s is the Divine Style of Magic. However many of the others could be just as appropriate, however we are trying to fit the Priest/Cleric role with the worship of gods. Whether they be Evil, Neutral, or Good. The use of Divine is a generic descriptor, though it can be broken up into several other descriptors: Holy/Divine (good), Unholy/Fell/Demonic (evil). Though this topic only covers those using holy or divine powers, it can finagled to work for its counterpart.

Generally I break the faith down into two templates: Priest (which has a lack of fighting skills for improved spell casting), and the Templar (which is like the generic cleric in D&D).

The Priest Template
Ability Requirements (12pp): Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2. Priests require a high Intellect, Awareness and Presence. To have the intuition, strength of mind, and force of personality required to call upon otherworldly powers. Though depending on the good this might have other requirements.
Defenses: Most priests develop their Willpower defense over others, and sometimes using trade offs . But this is also dependent on the type of religion the character follows.
Skills (2pp): Expertise (Philosophy or Theology), other appropriate skills include Persuasion , Treament, and/or Expertise: Oratory.
Advantages (1pp): Ritualist is probably the most appropriate advantage for this profession, and usually the most common. Other's include: Artificer will be handy for those who creation magical potions and scrolls, and holy relics. Divine Inspiration , is a special advantage that allows the Priest to use the Inspiration effect of hero points, but at the expensive of Extra Effort instead ( I had to come up with a way of changing how many luck based feats worked in 2E; I thought allowing extra effort was a good trade off in 3e).

The Templars Template
Ability Requirements (18pp): Strength 1, Stamina 1, Fighting 2, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 1. Priests require a high Intellect, Awareness and Presence. To have the intuition, strength of mind, and force of personality required to call upon otherworldly powers. Though depending on the good this might have other requirements.
Defenses: Templars develop all their defenses equally, usually maxing Fortitude and Willpower.
Skills (3pp): Expertise (Philosophy or Theology), They also Possess Intimidation , Athletics and Treatment.
Advantages (1pp): Ritualist is probably the most appropriate advantage for this profession, and usually the most common. Other's include: Artificer will be handy for those who creation magical potions and scrolls, and holy relics. As well as many Combat related feats, including Favored Opponents (undead or demons).

Powers:
Faith Magic [Array]
This is perhaps the most valid power in the entire book, to simulate the cleric/priests powers. And I will skim over the more common powers of the priest, that could be gained by all forms of priests regardless of the religion they follow.
Blast of Faith: A rarity but sometimes a god can grant the power to smite his foes at a range, with Divine Energy.
Blessing: Enhanced Trait (Extra: Affects others Only; Flaws: Fade) This is perhaps one of the most common affects, and is usually considered a “Blessing”. The type of boost of course would be relative, to the areas in which your god has influence.
Shield of Faith: This creates an aura of protection that boosts your Active Defenses as Well as Toughness at the same time.
Healing: This is perhaps a staple of a priest or clerics arsenal. Healing with the Stabilize extra
Luck Control: Getting the god to intervene in your favor, however this is more likely to be granted by gods of Luck, Destiny, or Fortune.
Summon: Often a cleric/priest can summon specific beings, that serve his or her god.
Turn Undead: A classic power that grants the cleric the ability, to turn them away. This is simulated by a limited Mind Control [Limited (fear), Limited (undead only), Perception Area].
Smite: Enhanced Strength (Specific Faith Descriptor; Damage only, effects undead & demons only)
Feature: True Faith. The priest can create an aura of faith around the priest. Which acts as a specific faith descriptor, for those who are weak or vulnerable against such a descriptor. This has a duration of concentration.
Feature: Inspiration of Faith. The priest can gain the benefits of a Inspiration effect from hero points without the expenditure. The GM may limit this to one use every so often as needed, or require the Expenditure of Extra Effort instead.

Complications:
Power Loss (Faith): Many priests do not suffer the same drawbacks that other spell casters do, thoughtful prayer is just as likely to activate a spell. As would gestures, and spoken incantations. They key factor in this is his faith, should a priest start to doubt his faith. Or even break one of the laws or strictures of his religion, he looses his powers until he can repent and absolve himself.

Equipment:
Symbol of Faith. The symbol of faith is a priests greatest weapon. Brandishing such a device, usually gives many undead or demonic creatures pause. And can be the source for their divine magic, should they decide to put Removable on their Magical array. The holy symbol is normal equipment however.
Water of Faith. Holy water is the staple of the priests abilities, it can be used to sanctify places. As well as harm demons or undead creature. It can be considered a Explosive Secondary Effect Ranged Damage 4 (Limited to undead or demons). Holy water requires some preperation, so its not usual equipment, but can be bought with equipment points.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: JD's 3E: The 3E Fantasy Project

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Lovin' the fantasy stuff, JD. Keep it comin'! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Woodclaw » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 pm

I know I'm probably a minority here, but I never really liked the idea of "divine magic". For some reason it seemed uninspired (and unfair) to me that wizard and clerics had to use the same mechanics for their powers.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Kara » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 am

Woodclaw wrote:For some reason it seemed uninspired (and unfair) to me that wizard and clerics had to use the same mechanics for their powers.

To be fair, I feel the same way about D20 magic, but I don't think that necessarily applies to the M&M cleric or wizard.

I think that an M&M cleric is probably a well-designed knight PC, starting with lots of points in a melee build, then adding the ability to inspire people (healing ability w/special effects) with alternate powers for scaring the undead back to their tombs (affliction ability w/special effects) or banishing souls to the afterlife, willingly or not (damage ability, only for ghosts).

A wizard in M&M, on the other hand, is ritualist, artificer, Expertise: Arcane and a few abilities (one worth 10 points with many Alternate Powers for other spells, the others worth less points and less Alternate Powers) plus a couple of one point abilities that every good expert should have like immortality, magic detection and so on.
Kara
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Woodclaw » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 am

Kara wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:For some reason it seemed uninspired (and unfair) to me that wizard and clerics had to use the same mechanics for their powers.

To be fair, I feel the same way about D20 magic, but I don't think that necessarily applies to the M&M cleric or wizard.

Well the vancian system was never the most brilliant idea to incorporate in an RPG. While the concept might be sound in the books (I never read the Dying Earth series), the whole "cleaning the blackboard" concept was always really not that good.

Kara wrote:I think that an M&M cleric is probably a well-designed knight PC, starting with lots of points in a melee build, then adding the ability to inspire people (healing ability w/special effects) with alternate powers for scaring the undead back to their tombs (affliction ability w/special effects) or banishing souls to the afterlife, willingly or not (damage ability, only for ghosts).

A wizard in M&M, on the other hand, is ritualist, artificer, Expertise: Arcane and a few abilities (one worth 10 points with many Alternate Powers for other spells, the others worth less points and less Alternate Powers) plus a couple of one point abilities that every good expert should have like immortality, magic detection and so on.

I agree with your judgement, the character are really good. The beauty of M&M is that being an effect-based system you can use less rules to simulate many situations.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 am

Well unfortunately, we gotta work with what we have. It really has to come down to Descriptors, and inborn complications from using such powers.

A cleric is not limited by gestures or words to limit their ability to cast spells, they can just pray for their effects. Then as a GM you gotta consider separating their abilities or not.. A cleric may have to call upon other worldly powers.. Maybe that means a cleric has to rely on summoning creatures with the abilities he needs? That's one interesting way of making things different.

But as far as I am concerned for the generic fantasy.. Magic is Magic.. how you draw upon it, is what separates your abilities and skills that you have. And I agree with Kara there, there may not be many mechanical differences.. but its the choices we make in skills, advantages, complications, and powers, that will make the character what he or she is.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Mister Fear

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Mister Fear - PL 6
Origin: Technology
Profession: Inventory
Base of Operations: Tucson, AZ

Eyes: Hazel, Hair: Black

His Costume is composed of a plain black fidora, a black full face mask, black long coat, with black gloves, boots, and long sleeve shirt with pants. He wears the EM suit just undearneath this, and his magnetic belt around his waist.

Abilities
Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 4, Fighting 3, Intellect 6, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Advantages
Equipment 1, Hide in Plain Sight, Improvised Tools, Inventor

Skills
Expertise: Inventing 9 (+15), Insight 3 (+3), Technology 9 (+15)

Powers
EMF Suit (Removable)
EM Field Generator
. . . . Dreadful Mein: Enhanced Trait 3 (Traits: Intimidation +9 (+10))
. . . . Fear Cage: Burst Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
. . . . Nauseating Aura: Burst Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
. . . . Scatter Brained (Confusion): Burst Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
Insulated: Immunity 1 (Custom: EM Fields 1)
Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
Magnetic Belt (Removable)
Force Field: Force Field 4 (+4 Toughness; Impervious [2 extra ranks])
Magnetic Wave Riding: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)

Equipment
Club

Offense
Initiative +0
Club, +3 (DC 17)
Fear Cage: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 10)
Nauseating Aura: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Scatter Brained (Confusion): Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Will 16)
Throw, +4 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 15)

Complications
Secret: Identity.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 3, Fortitude 3, Toughness 6, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 25 + Advantages 4 + Skills 7 (21 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 79

Builders Notes:
Taking a break from the fantasy , I converted another character I used to play in MSHRPG, and put into 3E. The character is based on manipulation Electro Magnetic fields for his high-tech gadgets. A fear suit, and a magnetic field belt.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

LOTR: The Watcher

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:40 pm

"Out fromt he water a long sinuous tentacle had crawled, it was pale-green and luminous and wet.. "
-- The fellowship of the Ring

The Watcher - PL 9
The Watcher of the Deep - PL 8

Strength 6, Stamina 5, Agility 1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect -2, Awareness 0, Presence -4

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Grab*, Improved Hold

Skills
Athletics 1 (+7), Perception 4 (+4)

Powers
Kraken Physiology (innate)
Beak: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 24; Penetrating 6; Grab-based)
Cloud of Ink: Cloud Area Dazzle 4 (Affects Sense: Visual, DC 14; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Cloud Area 2: 30 feet radius sphere; Quirk: Only in the Water)
Eyes of the Deep: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
Great Size: Growth 6 (+6 STR, +6 STA, +3 Intimidate, -6 Stealth, -3 active defenses, +1 size category; Permanent)
Strong Tentacles: Power-lifting 2 (+2 STR for lifting)
Swimming: Swimming 5 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
Terror of the Deep: Perception Area Affliction 4 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Perception Area, Reaction 3: reaction; Permanent, Quirk: Once a save is made, the Fear can no longer affect the target. )
Sense Dark Powers: Senses 5 (Accurate: Sense Dark Powers, Awareness: Dark Powers (mental), Extended: Sense Dark Powers 1: x10, Radius: Sense Dark Powers)
Tentacles (innate)
Hide: Protection 2
Length of Tentacles: Elongation 2 (Elongation: 60 feet)
Mass of Tentacles: Extra Limbs 24 (24 extra limbs, Advantages: Improved Grab)
Writhe of Tentacles (Multiattack)
. . . . Burst of Tentacles (Alternate; Line Area 2: 5 feet wide by 60 feet long [6 extra ranks])

Offense
Initiative +1
Beak: Strength-based Damage 3, +7 (DC 24)
Cloud of Ink: Cloud Area Dazzle 4 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 14)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 16)
Terror of the Deep: Perception Area Affliction 4 (DC Will 14)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 21)

Complications
Tentacles: Attacking a Tentacle directly and causing any damage what so ever with a bladed weapon cuts the tentacle off.
Weakness: The eye. : The Eye, is the most vulnerable part of the water, attacking there, increases the damage by 1 step.

Languages
Black Speech

Defense
Dodge -2, Parry 3, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities -2 + Powers 113 + Advantages 5 + Skills 2 (5 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 125

Builders Notes:
Behold the watcher.. Now many have speculated upon what the Watcher is, though I have decided it is something of a fresh water Kraken twisted by the dark powers of Sauron. This is still a rough draft of course.
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 8 times in total.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: JD's 3E: LOTR: The Watcher of the Deep

Postby scc » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Cool Watcher of the Deep! I really like the build. I did have a question on the Writhe of Tentacles. Why is it a ranged area attack. Should it be close perhaps with burst and selective. Though close shapeable works too. Just wondering.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:15 pm

scc wrote:Cool Watcher of the Deep! I really like the build. I did have a question on the Writhe of Tentacles. Why is it a ranged area attack. Should it be close perhaps with burst and selective. Though close shapeable works too. Just wondering.

It should be close, with quit a few ranks of Increased reach. I simulated the reach of the tentacles by just using Increased Range to save on points, instead of making a tentacle that was 90 feet long.. I was also wondering if I should add Multi-attack onto it.. But there isn't much reference of this being the case.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Watcher updated, see post above :) Thought of a better way of doing it.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

LOTR: The Nazgul

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:24 pm

This picture is credited to Engelszorn on Deviant Art.
‘They were robed in white and grey. Swords were naked in their pale hands. . . Their cold eyes glittered, and they called to him with fell voices.’

The Six, Lesser Nazgul - PL 7

Strength 3, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Equipment 2, Improved Critical: Sword, Improved Smash, Languages 3, Leadership, Startle, Weapon Break

Skills
Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Arcane 8 (+11), Expertise: Civics 7 (+10), Expertise: History 5 (+8), Expertise: Tactics 5 (+8), Intimidation 7 (+10), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+5), Stealth 4 (+6)

Powers
Fell Power
. . Fog: Environment 2 (Visibility (-2), Radius: 60 feet)
. . Possession: Concentration Affliction 4 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Concentration, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Shatter: Weaken 7 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Affects Objects Only, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Telekinesis: Move Object 2 (200 lbs.)
One of the Nazgul (multiple powers as one; Innate)
. . Aura of Fear: Concentration Perception Area Affliction 4 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Perception Area, Concentration; Quirk: Once a save is made, the target is no longer afected for that encounter)
. . . . The Black Breath: Affliction 4 (Alternate; 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 14; Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft., Triggered: 2 uses - After 2 rounds of effect from the Aura of Fear)
. . Dreadful Mien: Feature 1
. . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 3 (Energy; Affects Corporeal 3; Permanent)
. . Neither living nor dead: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
. . Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
. . Ring Wraith: Immortality 2 (Return after 1 week)
. . Ring Wraith: Invisibility 2 (Total concealment from normal vision; Permanent)
. . Ring Wraith: Senses 6 (Awareness: The Power of the Ring (mental), Darkvision, Extended: The Power of the Ring 1: x10, Radius: The power of the ring, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank)

Equipment
Chain-mail, Sword

Offense
Initiative +2
Aura of Fear: Concentration Perception Area Affliction 4 (DC Will 14)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 13)
Possession: Concentration Affliction 4, +5 (DC Will 14)
Shatter: Weaken 7, +5 (DC Fort 17)
Sword, +7 (DC 21)
Telekinesis: Move Object 2, +5 (DC 12)
The Black Breath: Affliction 4, +7 (DC Fort 14)
Throw, +5 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 18)

Complications
Disability: May only see in the Void: -5 to perception checks in day light, or beyond any barrier of water.
Hatred: The living, Sunlight, and Water.
Responsibility: Sauron
Weakness: : Light based powers, and fire, do one more degree of damage. Contact with running water, does 1 degree of damage to them for every round of contact.
Weakness: Sunlight. : Ring Wraiths recieve a -2 penalty doing anything in sunlight.

Languages
Black Speech, Numenorian, Orc, Westron

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 5, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 3, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 95 + Advantages 13 + Skills 17 (51 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 169

Builders Notes:
This is my 3E version of my 2E builds of the Nazgul.
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Nazgul, The Two Black Numenorians

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:42 am

The Two, Black Numenorians (Nazgul) - PL 8

Strength 4, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity 6, Fighting 6, Intellect 3, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Equipment 1, Improved Critical: Sword, Improved Smash, Languages 3, Leadership, Startle, Weapon Break

Skills
Athletics 5 (+9), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise: Arcane 9 (+12), Expertise: Civics 8 (+11), Expertise: History 6 (+9), Expertise: Tactics 6 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 3 (+6), Stealth 5 (+7)

Powers
Fell Power
. . Command: Mind Control 4 (DC 14)
. . Control the Flames: Element Control 6 (Element: Fire, 3200 lbs.)
. . Flaming Sword: Strength-based Damage 4 (Fire/slashing; secondary effect (fire); Removable, DC 23)
. . Fog: Environment 2 (Visibility (-2), Radius: 60 feet)
. . Possession: Concentration Affliction 5 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 15; Concentration, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Shatter: Weaken 8 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Affects Objects Only, Increased Range: ranged)
. . Telekinesis: Move Object 2 (200 lbs.)
One of the Nazgul
. . Aura of Fear: Concentration Perception Area Affliction 5 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Will, DC 15; Perception Area, Concentration; Quirk: Once a save is made, the target is no longer afected for that encounter)
. . . . The Black Breath: Affliction 5 (Alternate; 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 15; Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft., Triggered: 2 uses - After 2 rounds of effect from the Aura of Fear)
. . Dreadful Mien: Feature 1 (+5 Intimidate in shadows)
. . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 3 (Energy; Affects Corporeal 4; Permanent)
. . Neither living nor dead: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
. . Protection: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
. . Ring Wraith: Immortality 2 (Return after 1 week)
. . Ring Wraith: Invisibility 2 (Total concealment from normal vision; Permanent)
. . Ring Wraith: Senses 6 (Awareness: The Power of the Ring (mental), Darkvision, Extended: The Power of the Ring 1: x10, Radius: The power of the ring, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank)

Equipment
Sword, Chain mail

Offense
Initiative +2
Aura of Fear: Concentration Perception Area Affliction 5 (DC Will 15)
Command: Mind Control 4 (DC Will 14)
Flaming Sword: Strength-based Damage 4, +8 (DC 23)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 14)
Possession: Concentration Affliction 5, +6 (DC Will 15)
Shatter: Weaken 8, +6 (DC Fort 18)
Sword, +8 (DC 22)
Telekinesis: Move Object 2, +6 (DC 12)
The Black Breath: Affliction 5, +8 (DC Fort 15)
Throw, +6 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 19)

Complications
Disability: May only see in the Void: -5 to perception checks in day light, or beyond any barrier of water.
Hatred: The living, Sunlight, and Water.
Responsibility: Sauron
Weakness: : Light based powers, and fire, do one more degree of damage. Contact with running water, does 1 degree of damage to them for every round of contact.
Weakness: Sunlight. : Ring Wraiths recieve a -2 penalty doing anything in sunlight.

Languages
Black Speech, Numenorian, Orc, Westron

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 6, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 6, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 104 + Advantages 13 + Skills 21 (61 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 190
Last edited by JoshuaDunlow on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call