J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: B'ox, Morro, Feska, Badoon, Monster of Badoon

Postby Crinos » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:I wish you had a picture of Gamora fighting that enhanced Badoon, instead of that chick wearing way too many clothes to ever be mistaken for "the galaxy's deadliest woman". :wink:

Hey, they have to market for the new movie and you can't have the Most Dangerous Sideboob in the Galaxy traipsing around anymore. Disney will need to move some plush Rockets and Groots and parents won't buy them for the kiddos if they have a half-dressed trollop hanging around them. :wink:

I will never understand Marvel sometimes. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Wolverine can gut people left and right, The Punisher can gun down thugs by the dozen but they better never light a stogie because what kind of message would that send to the children?

Yeah, American censorship has some messed up priorities.

I think one of the Simpsons Halloween Specials said it best: They can show a thousand gruesome deaths, but have to censor the tender act of love making.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 pm

kenmadragon wrote:Eh. I think they're trying to say, "Hey, these guys are totally hard core and bad-ass, doing violent things left and right. But even these tough guys don't want to touch a cig, those little things are just that scary!"

"No, I do not want to buy death sticks."

kenmadragon
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby kenmadragon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Horsenhero wrote:
kenmadragon wrote:Eh. I think they're trying to say, "Hey, these guys are totally hard core and bad-ass, doing violent things left and right. But even these tough guys don't want to touch a cig, those little things are just that scary!"

"No, I do not want to buy death sticks."

Precisely!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:53 am

Gamora and her monokini were never gonna pass the censors, and in any case, everyone knows that the Marvel movies already HAVE the male audience - there's no need to promise bewbs. Instead, they promise shirtless MEN for the ladies- thus earning themselves ANOTHER audience. It's all math and money.

Anyways, it's funny that Gamora put on a full-body suit pretty much the SECOND Angela and her gold space bikini showed up. The book is still fanservicey- the just transferred it to the NEW broad! :D

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

The Probie gets to do fanservice, eh? Seems reasonable. In most companies, the noob gets the least appealing duties.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Gamora and her monokini were never gonna pass the censors, and in any case, everyone knows that the Marvel movies already HAVE the male audience - there's no need to promise bewbs. Instead, they promise shirtless MEN for the ladies- thus earning themselves ANOTHER audience. It's all math and money.

Anyways, it's funny that Gamora put on a full-body suit pretty much the SECOND Angela and her gold space bikini showed up. The book is still fanservicey- the just transferred it to the NEW broad! :D

True dat. But Angela's not in the movie. :wink:

You are so right about the shirtless scenes for Hemsworth and Evans. Downey not as much, but he's a lot older. Both Thor movies had one, Evans was all buffed out after he got turned into Cap and I bet somehow he's talking to Fury or Black Widow after coming out of the shower in Winter Soldier. I am totally cool with it, like you said, they're bringing another fan base and at least I can get my wife to sit through one of those movies in anticipation of said shirtless scene.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:Gamora and her monokini were never gonna pass the censors, and in any case, everyone knows that the Marvel movies already HAVE the male audience - there's no need to promise bewbs. Instead, they promise shirtless MEN for the ladies- thus earning themselves ANOTHER audience. It's all math and money.

True dat. But Angela's not in the movie. :wink:

You are so right about the shirtless scenes for Hemsworth and Evans. Downey not as much, but he's a lot older. Both Thor movies had one, Evans was all buffed out after he got turned into Cap and I bet somehow he's talking to Fury or Black Widow after coming out of the shower in Winter Soldier. I am totally cool with it, like you said, they're bringing another fan base and at least I can get my wife to sit through one of those movies in anticipation of said shirtless scene.

Then shouldn't we also get the ladies to get there boobs out.... That'd bring in another demographic too.... Perverts who want to see lady boobs, that's a very lucrative market.

What? Don't look at me like that, it worked during the 80's. :lol:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Check out this J-Mart Favorite item on Aisle 2!

Despite how this pic looks, he's really a low key dude...

HIPPO
PL: 9 (110 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 11, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+14), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation 9 (+9/+10), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+4), Stealth (+1/-1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Close Attack (3), Fast Grab

POWERS:
Hippo Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Hippo Hide: Protection 5, Impervious 5; 15 pts
Hippo Physiology: Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2 [x4 total]), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic]), Immunity 1 (Suffocation [Drowning, Flaw: Limited to half-effect]), Speed 3 (16 mph/250 mpr), Swimming 2 (2 mph/30 fpr), Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 12 pts
Hippo Bite: Piercing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous, Penetrating 7, Flaw: Grab-based); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +11; Bite +11, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +0
Throwing +4

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +14 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: The Hippo was a normal hippopotamus until he was turned into his humanoid form by the High Evolutionary. He sometimes resents his "father" for that.
Monstrous Appearance: With his hippo-like appearance, The Hippo cannot fit into normal society.
Motivation: Trying to go straight after time on the wrong side of the law.
Temper: Although he does his best to contain it, hippos are known for their foul temper and he is no exception.

Abilities 44 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 39 + Defenses 10 = 110 / 110

Build Comments: There’s not much to say here. I’ve seen the Hippo in a couple of things lately, the funniest being the Superior Foes of Spider-Man where he’s in a supervillain recovery therapy session that Boomerang attends. Seeing him involved in the big group “hug it out” part is a classic. I’m going to make him a hero because Hippo ROCKS!

Secret Origins: The Hippo is a "rehabilitating" criminal who joined the Redeemer. Their therapy sessions led by the Redeemer reveal why they were there and who they are and came to be. Hippo reveals he was once just an ordinary zoo hippopotamus until he received a random visit by a strange man in pink armor. The man who visited him was actually the High Evolutionary who changed him into a semi human hippopotamus. He had never felt the desire to obtain material goods or money but he found out the job market is pretty harsh on a big man-hippo He was forced to resort to a life of crime and that is what led to him coming into confrontation with Spider Man.

The Story so Far: He and the team’s main goal was to take out or "redeem" the Sinister Spider-Man, Mac Gargan, who owned the Symbiote known as Venom. Mac Gargan, as Spider Man had been capturing criminals and while doing so, he would bite off limbs of those he had captured. The Hippo had been captured and had his leg bit off and to help get their vengeance The Redeemer acquires experimental robots. The robots (he had to lie about how they would be used get them) were used to replace the missing limbs of those who suffered because of Mac Gargans and the symbiote's blood lust and raw insanity. Once they are outfitted with their replacement appendages their next step is to "redeem" Sinister Spider Man.

The Redeemers confront Spider Man, and the Redeemer demands he do therapy, apologize publicly, and do community service. Spider Man says he'll just eat them all, so Eleven attacks him. In less than a minute, Spider Man eats Eleven.

The Hippo reappeared on the streets of New York City causing massive property damage as he engages Ronin (Clint Barton) and Spider Man in battle. Luke Cage is on the phone with his wife a couple stories high inside a parking structure as the fight with the Hippo ensues. Cage plummets from the parking structure and knocks out the Hippo when he lands on him.

The Hippo was recently seen in another supervillain recovery group attended by the original Beetle, now Mach-VI, Abner Jenkins and allegedly “reforming” supervillain Boomerang. After doing so well in the program, Abner was able to pull some strings and now Hippo is part of the Justice Society Initiative and has been a model trainee.
Shop J-Mart!

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Badoon, Monster of Badoon, Hippo

Postby Crinos » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:38 pm

You think Hippos would be used more for animal motifs among villains, since Hippos are among the deadliest, meanest things in the animal kingdom; virtually impossible to train and domesticate, attack with little or no provocation, just generally scary dudes.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Check out this new item for Aisle 2! It's a JOHNNY ON THE SPOT SPECIAL!

No comment necessary for someone this awesome.

THE SPOT
PL: 9 (175 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Criminal] 3 (+7), Expertise [Science] 8 (+12), Insight (+2), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Stealth (+3/+7), Technology 8 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (1) (Portal Punches), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Spot Defense: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Defensive Attack, Improved Defense); 14 pts
Spot Combat: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Fast Grab, Improved Disarm), Enhanced Skills 2 (Stealth 4 ranks); 4 pts
Why didn't Spidey dodge that?!?!?: Concealment 1 (Spider Sense, Flaw: Limited to portal punches); 2 pts
Portable Holes: 69 pt Array; 72 pts
Teleportation: Teleport 9 (2 miles/500 miles; Extra: Accurate, Change Direction, Easy, Extended, Increased Mass 5 [1600 lbs], Portal); 69 pts
Spot World: Movement 1 (Dimensional Movement [Earth/Spot World Dimension], Extra: Portal, Increased Mass 5 [1600 lbs]); 1 pt
Spot Deflection: Deflect 12 (Extra: Reflect, Redirect); 1 pt
Portal Punches: Ranged Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Accurate 4, Increased Range [50/100/250], Multiattack); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +6
Portal Punch +14 [Portal Punches +2, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 (+14 with Spot Defenses) [DC18/24] Parry +8 (+14 with Spot Defenses) [DC18/24]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Mental Instability: The Spot was trapped in Spot World for a long time at one point and the solitude really effected his mental state.
Motivation: Greed.
Relationships: He loves his son, William.
Underestimated: With his…interesting look and his memorable defeats, many foes make the mistake of underestimating him. It's not wise.

Abilities 46 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 92 + Defenses 15 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: The Spot has always been a difficult character for me to stat and I don’t know why. I think it’s because I think of everything he can really do and I struggle to narrow it down. You wouldn’t think his lame-ass and “portable holes” would be that great, but it’s a really effective power set if you use it right. Expect more updates to old Johnny here but I’m feeling OK with this first run.

Secret Origins: As a scientist working for the Kingpin, Dr. Jonathon Ohnn was assigned to reproduce the radiation levels of in Cloak to find a way to artificially mimic his powers. Working late one night, he succeeded, creating a solid black circular portal. In doing so, however, the drain on the city's power became so great, a blackout washed over the city, causing the portal to shimmer and destabilize. Fearful of losing a once in a lifetime opportunity, Ohnn stepped into it; the shock of the transition caused him to pass out.

He awoke floating weightlessly in a dimension which he initially assumed was Cloak's dark dimension. He soon realized however that the power shortage caused the portal to send him to a different dimension, a place of half darkness and half light. A seemingly infinite number of portals surrounded him in this place. Making swimming motions, he managed to find the original portal that brought him there and slipped back through it.

When Ohnn emerged back in his lab, his body had undergone a radical transformation. The portals from the other dimension had adhered to his skin, covering him with black spots from head to toe. Realizing the spots were portable space warps, he started to think he might be able to use them to defeat anyone in battle. When Spider-Man and the Black Cat arrived to confront the Kingpin, he appeared before them and announced himself as the Spot. Spider-Man collapsed on the roof, laughing at the name.

The Story so Far: The Spot ended up winning that first confrontation and warned the heroes to leave the Kingpin alone. He later lost a second battle against Spider-Man because he was tricked into throwing too many of his spots as weapons and not keeping enough to defend himself with.

Later, the Spot formed a short-lived team with Gibbon, Grizzly, and Kangaroo called the Spider-Man Revenge Squad, which was better known as the Legion of Losers. This team fell apart when Spider-Man carted the Spot and the Kangaroo to jail for bank robbery.

Sometime later, the Spot was captured by an organization called The Gideon Trust and was forced to open a portal to the Negative Zone. The Gideon Trust hoped to investigate and exploit the natural resources of the Zone for their own purposes, but were defeated by the Fantastic Four who were trapped there at the time.

The Spot later helped Tombstone escape from a maximum security prison. As a method of thanking him, Tombstone snapped his neck. Despite this seeming death, he was later killed by Elektra and a group of Hand ninjas.

Hydra, The Hand, and the mutant group 'Dawn of the White Light' began a plot to end all life on earth. Ohnn was resurrected by The Hand and joined an assault on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, which resulted in its destruction. He was then was seemingly killed again by Wolverine as were most of the super-villains and heroes The Hand were using in the attack.

He somehow survived and joined M.O.D.O.K.'s 11 and was sent by Mandarin to his own dimension, but due he didn't knew how he entered he couldn't get out for some years. When he managed to return to our dimension, wanted to kill the Russian mob boss Dmitri Ivankov who he believed guilt for ruining his life while we was trapped in his dimension, but was stopped by Spider-Man, who convinced Spot to let Ivankov live.

Later, he was hired by Sal Donoratti to kidnap the little daughter of Deborah Giacomo, thinking the family would pay a lot for the safety of the child. Spot killed Donoratti so he couldn't speak while fighting Daredevil. Thanks to Daredevil's radar sense, Spot was not much of a challenge for the hero, who was easily knocked out. However, the Spot is captured and restrained and its powers are used by a new individual called Coyote, working for an unknown figure trying to bring Daredevil down.

Characterization: He’s The Spot. Despite his less than creative name and odd look, he’s a surprisingly effective foe.

Friends and Foes: He wants to defeat Spider-Man.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Outsiders

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:24 pm

THE OUTSIDERS

The Outsiders were a good concept for a while, but after a while, they kinda outlived their usefulness. I know Winnick's run was generally not very good, but it was actually one of the books that got me back into comics in the early 2000's. Re-reading them now, I'm kinda like...O...K...I guess that lack of sleep from when the Little Thorpacolypses were babies caught up to me back then. :shock:

Still, I liked Grace and Shift and I liked Nightwing leading a team that is kind of a legacy of Batman. So in the Thorpacoverse, after teaming up with Wolverine and Luke Cage (see my first attempt at a storyline at the original J-Mart 2E), they wanted to continue working together so they recruited some more heroes and Cage convinced Dick to go with The Outsiders (again) for their name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE OUTSIDERS
(As of 3/21/14, subject to change)

Co-Leader: Nightwing
Co-Leader: Luke Cage

Nyx
Spider-Man
Supergirl
Terra (Atlee)
Wolverine
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

The Birds of Prey

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:46 pm

THE BIRDS OF PREY

I go back and forth on the Birds of Prey. Really depends on the writer. Gail Simone had a good feel for them, but I haven't been that hip on them in the New 52, except for Starling. Still, I like the concept so the Birds are part of the Superior Thorpacoverse.

---------------------------------------------------------------

THE BIRDS OF PREY
(As of 3/21/14, subject to change)

Team Coordinator: Oracle (Wendy Kuttler/Harris)
Field Leader: Black Canary

The Bulleteer
Huntress
M
Starling
Shop J-Mart!

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Re: J-Mart: Badoon, Monster of Badoon, Hippo, The Spot

Postby Spectrum » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:52 pm

I'm a little surprised that Fairchild isn't a member of the Birds of Prey. Where is she in your universe these days?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:35 pm

If it were me, I would put Fairchild on Stormwatch. Stormwatch needs a science-hero type on their roster to go with all the borderline nutjobs, like Jack Hawksmoor and strict military types like Winter and Flint.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby scc » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:37 am

Love the Hippo!!! I did run into him doing research on another character and I thought I have to build him someday. Nice job. I agree that Spot would be a pain to stat but yours looks pretty good.

Return to “Roll Call”