Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Got a few imports from my experimental J-Mart II location that I needed to move here, so I'll be dropping a few of those off and on over the next few days. This relocated item is for Aisle 1.

I don't want to be defined by my past anymore, you know? - Wendy Harris

ORACLE (WENDY KUTTLER [HARRIS])
PL: 6 (92 pts) - OPL: 6 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Computers] 10 (+16), Expertise [Popular Culture] 1 (+7), Expertise [Science] 6 (+12), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 9 (+15) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+9) [Connected], Technology 9 (+15), Treatment 2 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit 3 (Cipher 3), Connected, Contacts, Equipment (4), Inventor, Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(20 pts)
Wheelchair: Feature 1 (Provides mobility); 1 pt
Headquarters: (18 pts)
Clocktower: Size - Small, Tough - 10, Features - Communications, Masterwork Computer, Concealed, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop; 18 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Due to her injuries sustained in their fight with the fake Wonderdog, Wendy is paraplegic
Relationships: He is close to his twin sister, Wendy, and Wonderdog
Responsibility: Becoming the new Oracle and providing support to the superhero community as Barbara did

Abilities 34 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 92 / 92

Build Comments: So with Babs going back to be Batgirl, the superhero community lost a valuable resource. The world needs an Oracle. So the Thorpacoverse gets a new one, in Wendy Harris/Kuttler, previously known as Proxy, previous known as annoying kid sidekick Wendy from the Super Friends cartoon.

She and Marvin have been introduced into the main DCU continuity as caretakers of Titans Tower for a while, and both of them were portrayed as highly intelligent kids, even being able to rebuild Cyborg. My Wendy is still very smart and she has been trained by Barbara prior to her going back to being Batgirl.

Secret Origins: At age sixteen, Wendy and her brother, Marvin, graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. During the missing year, chronicled in 52, Wendy and her brother managed to attain jobs as caretakers of Titans Tower. For the last six months of that year, they re-built Cyborg.

The Story so Far: As their time with the Titans progressed, the duo began feeling more like janitors and expressed desire to leave the team behind. But when a lovable dog they name Wonderdog shows up, their attitudes begin to change with a new sense of purpose. For a few days, he was missing but eventually returned, much to their relief. However, the dog that returned was actually a fake, sent to infiltrate the Tower by the villainous Lycus. Both Marvin and Wendy were attacked by the doppleganger Wonderdog, who was actually a vicious beast. Marvin was killed. Wendy survived, though she was comatose. The Calculator visited her in the hospital, and reveals that he is her father.

She was later seen during a night where forty percent of Gotham were turned into techno-zombies controlled in part by the Calculator. Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) was pitted against the Batman Family and in the thick of the battle Wendy (who had been kidnapped and held hostage at the Firewall) started to communicate to Stephanie through the Oracle com-interface to help her get out of the fight. Eventually, Wendy came to the rescue in the Batgirl-pod and the two of them flew a plane towards the Suicide Swamp.

Through the events of which Oracle was trapped in the Calculator's mind, Batgirl eventually made it inside to find Kid Eternity and Oracle kidnapped and strapped down. Wendy then crashed the plane she was flying into the maze of a house that belonged to Calculator. She was uninjured and later decided to join Oracle and be her replacement should Oracle be unavailable as Proxy.

Wendy, who was paralyzed from the waist down in the attack by the fake Wonderdog, has now taken over as Oracle at Bab’s request. She felt a bit jealous of Babs' miraculous recovery, but also knows that she can help the world more by taking her place as Oracle than ever could before. So she has moved into a new Clocktower and with the help of the her revived brother Marvin and the real Wonderdog (who Cyborg helped locate in thanks for saving him before) she aids the Bat Family, the Justice League and a new Birds of Prey in fighting crime.

Characterization: Wendy is a brilliant young woman with a strong desire to help the world in her new role as Oracle.

Friends and Foes: She remains close to Barbara Gordon and is forging relationships with her new Birds of Prey team. She and her brother Marvin are extremely close and he works as her eyes and ears on the streets. She is slowly gaining Batman’s confidence.

Clean Up 3/14/13: Wendy gets some clean up as she's getting some time in my little Gotham test.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Another import hits the Aisle 1 shelves.

C'mon Wonderdog! We have crime to fight!

MARVIN KUTTLER [HARRIS]
PL: 4 (63 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+3), Athletics 2 (+2), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+3), Deception (+1), Expertise [Popular Culture] 1 (+6), Expertise [Science] 3 (+8), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 1 (+6), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 1 (+3), Technology 7 (+12)

ADVANTAGES: Equipment (1), Minions (3) (Wonderdog), Redirect, Teamwork

POWERS:
SuperHero in Training: Flight 3 (16 mph, Flaw: Uncontrolled), Speed 3 (16 mph, Flaw: Uncontrolled); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +2
Unarmed +3 [Unarmed +0]
Ranged Attack +2

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +1, Fortitude +4, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Marvin is prone to accidents at the worst possible times
Doing Good: Marvin is a big superhero fanboy and wants to be a hero, too
Relationships: He is close to his twin sister, Wendy, and Wonderdog

Abilities 26 + Skills 9 (17 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 5 + Defenses 17 = 63 / 63

Comments: So here is Marvin. In my setting, he was killed by the fake Wonderdog that injured Wendy but he was cloned and brought back to life by his grieving father, the Calculator. However, he continued to reject his father’s ways and works with Wendy to help the world’s heroes. He and the real Wonderdog (who was actually still alive, just captured during the whole hellhound switch thing) still spend a lot of time at Titans Tower and the Watchtower as sidekicks to the heroes when he’s not in school or helping out Wendy.

I loved Marvin and Wonderdog when the Super Friends started when I was a kid, so I HAD to have them in the Thorpacoverse. I'll work up Wonderdog shortly.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Another import for Aisle 1.

You pray to heaven -- I'm placing my faith in the Suicide Squad. - Amanda Waller

AMANDA WALLER
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 6

SKILLS: Athletics 2 (+3), Deception 10 (+16) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Bureaucracy] 15 (+20) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Civics] 10 (+15), Expertise [Current Event] 10 (+15), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+11), Insight 9 (+15), Intimidation 9 (+15) [Startle], Investigation 8 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 5 (+11), Persuasion 7 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Guns] 6 (+11), Stealth 6 (+7), Technology 2 (+7), Vehicles 5 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (8) (Status, Clearance, Resources 5 – Clandestine Government Departments Director, Diplomatic Immunity, Cipher), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Languages (2) (5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Ranged Attack (3), Set-Up (1), Skill Mastery (2) (Expertise [Bureaucracy], Deception), Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Blaster Pistol: Ranged Energy Damage 5; 10 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +5
Guns +9 [Blaster Pistol +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +3 (+1 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: Amanda tells it like she sees it and if you don't like it, that's your problem.
Patriotism: Amanda may have…interesting ways of showing it at times, but she is a diehard American patriot.
Prejudice: Some people don't like that a black woman has become one of the most powerful governmental figures in the world.
Responsibility: To serve her country and do her job.
Rivalry: Along they have worked together far better than most thought, she still has to keep her eyes on Nick Fury and Cecil Steadman.

Abilities 56 + Skills 54 (108 ranks) + Advantages 26 + Powers 0 + Defenses 14 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: I figured it was about time I got the main governmental boogeymen (and woman) done for my setting. Amanda Waller, Nick Fury and Cecil Stedman are all part of the US and World Governmental organizations that have close involvement with metahuman affairs in one fashion or another. Amanda focuses on US issues mainly, and runs Task Force X, the “unofficial” superhuman wetworks team. She also has various other responsibilities and interests as well. Amanda’s strengths are in knowing how the government works, who knows what about what and how to manipulate anyone to get what she wants. She has always had a good relationship with Professor Xavier and has always been a strong supporter of mutant rights, although her reasons remain secretive.

Nick Fury is the head of SHIELD, of course, and he has the best relationship with the superhero community as a whole and is the most likely to go into the field when threats arise. He is the strongest overall combatant of the 3 and the best military mind. He doesn’t have the internal governmental relationships, though, and that can hamstring him when he needs support from The Council. He works closely with The Avengers, The Justice Society Initiative and The Justice League although The League remains a non-government affiliated entity.

Cecil Stedman is more of a combination of his peers. He has a background as a field agent so he has that credibility that Waller lacks but being involved with the secret governmental world longer than the others, he also has a wide network of contacts and resources. His group is more focused on global and extraterrestrial issues, with him being directly involved with Stormwatch and SWORD.

The three of them are considered equals by the president and NATO and three supposedly have a “gentleman’s agreement” of full disclosure, but we all know that ain’t happenin’, however, by and large, they have worked well together, despite some disagreements along the way. Generally, though, if someone in the superhero community wants to know something, or if there is something big going on that affects the superheroic world, one of the 3 of them is involved.

Secret Origins: Amanda Waller was a widow from Chicago after her son, Joe Jr., and her daughter, Damita were murdered. Her husband Joe went looking for revenge, only to get killed as well. She remained fiercely protective of her remaining three children. Sometime later she received a doctorate in psychology and political science, and then became a congressional aide. While as a congressional aide she found out about the Suicide Squad, who was previously a group of former super-villains working in return for amnesty, and suggested to the White House to restart the Suicide Squad. Her proposition was approved and she was placed in charge of the project.

The Story so Far: Amanda Waller formed The Agency, a small quasi-independent branch of Task Force X (Task Force X is the official name of the Suicide Squad). Valentina Vostok, recruited Harry Stein, an 18 year NYPD veteran. "The Wall", Amanda Waller's nickname coined by other government agencies, promoted Stein and demoted Vostok. Stein would later reorganize the The Agency into Checkmate. Waller's tenure as head of the third Suicide Squad was controversial and tenuous. She butted heads with her superiors in Washington D.C., the villains who were having their sentences commuted did not like her, and the heroes who were her conscious were at odds with her. This prompted Nemesis to leave and Rick Flag Jr, the leader of the Squad would die on a mission. Her conflicts extended to Batman who was against the formation of the Squad, but would later reform the team.

She eventually became the Southeastern regional director for the DEO. She was promoted to the Secretary of Metahuman Affairs by President Luthor. Luthor's short tenure as President of the United States led her back to a short prison sentence. Luthor's successor overturned the sentence term and Waller took control of Checkmate.

It had gone through massive changes since the death of Checkmate's murderous leader Maxwell Lord, and The OMAC Project debacle. She rose to the title of Black King and recruited Atom Smasher to lead a new Suicide Squad into Quandac against the Marvel Family.

Characterization: Waller is driven and devoted to her cause of protecting the US’s interests and keeping the burgeoning superhuman population, both hero and villain alike, in line.

Friends and Foes: Waller has made many enemies within and outside of the government but continues to receive the respect of her peers and subordinates for being willing to make the hard decisions and get the job done.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:15 pm

RED LIGHT SPECIAL Import for Aisle 1.

You take another step towards me and your hooded friend gets seriously shafted. Get it? - Arsenal

ARSENAL

PL: 10 (153 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Investigation 7 (+8) [Contacts], Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+7), Stealth 6 (+11), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Close Attack (2), Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (8), Evasion (1), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Bow, Improvised Weapons), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Weapon (1), Languages (1) (Navajo, Japanese, Base: English), Move-by Action, Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Takedown (1), Throwing Mastery (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Eagle Eyes: Senses 1 (Normal Vision [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(40ep)
Outsiders Commlink: Senses 2 (Communication Link 2 [Radio, Outsiders Members, Outsider Database), GPS; 3ep
Twin Blaster Pistols: Energy Ranged Damage 5; Extra: Split, Range 125ft, Small; 11ep
Throwing Knives: Piercing Ranged Damage 2, Extra: Multiattack; 50 ft range, Small; 6ep
Sword: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 4ep
Red Arrow Bow and Arrows: (16ep)
Standard Arrows: Piercing Ranged Damage 6; 150 ft range; 12ep
Explosive Arrow: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5, Flaw: Activation [Move], Inaccurate, Diminished Range (10/25/50); 80 ft range, Large; 1ep
Cutting Torch Arrows: Heat Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating); 1ep
Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1; 1ep
Grapple Arrow: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2, Sword +5, Critical 19-20; Cutting Torch Arrows +6; Bow Bash +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Arrows +6, Critical 19-20; Blaster Pistols +5; Throwing Knives +4, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Explosive Arrows +5, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: When he was younger, Arsenal was addicted to heroin. While he beat his addiction and has been clean for many years, he still fights the battle every day
Motivation: Proving himself in Ollie's and to a degree, Dick Grayson's, shadow
Relationships: Oliver Queen, his daughter Lian and his Titans teammates

Abilities 58 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 40 + Powers 1 + Defenses 22 = 153 / 153

Comments: I love the way Scott Lobdell writes Roy in Red Hood and the Outlaws. Not a real fan of his take on Kori, but he’s got Jason and Roy rolling right along, with Roy as the bow slinging jokester and Jason as the junior Bat-god straight man. The book started off shaky, but has gotten pretty good. I think it’s a fun book above all else, and sometimes I think both the big companies forget that’s what got us all into comics as kids. There’s a time for your Watchmen stuff, but there’s still room for a little Talky Tawny silliness, too. This book seems to tread between both, and I like that.

In my setting, Arsenal and Dick have (mostly) worked out their differences and Roy works with the Outsiders most of the time, but generally he remains on his own, bridging the gaps between them, the League, the Titans and Waller, who remains fond of him, even though he doesn't trust her.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:19 pm

This import is a J-Mart Favorite item.

I think I lost the horizon... - Catman

CATMAN
PL: 10 (163 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Athletics 8 (+12), Close Combat [Short Blades] 1 (+15), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Hunter] 13 (+14), Insight 6 (+10) [Assessment], Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 11 (+15) [Skill Mastery], Persuasion (+4), Ranged Combat [Throwing] 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+13), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Close Attack (2), Damaging Escape*, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (2), Improved Critical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Swahili, 1 other, Base: English), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack (4), Skill Mastery (1) (Perception), Takedown (2), Tough* (2), Tracking, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Tracking), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Affinity for Cats: Feature 1 (Cats accept Blake as one of their own); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Commlink: Feature 1 (Radio Communication), Miniscule; 1ep
Cat Claw Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging); 2ep
Arsenal: (6ep)
Catarang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 50ft range, Medium; 4ep
Cat Claws: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Split, Small; 1ep
Knives: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Critical 19-20, Split, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20; Claws +6, Critical 19-20]
Short Blades +15 [Knives +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +8
Throwing +12 [Catarangs +6]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Catman is often torn between extremes such as hero or villain, leader or follower, loner or team player
Relationships: Catman has a son, Thomas, Jr. with the villainess Cheshire. He is close to his original Secret Six teammates, Deadshot, Scandal Savage and even Ragdoll. He and the Huntress share a mutual attraction

Abilities 76 + Skills 40 (80 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 1 + Defenses 17 = 163 / 163

Comments: Gail Simone is a goddess. I met her briefly at the last comic convention I went to and she was great on the panel and very congenial when I asked her to sign my Bird of Prey #1. But on top of all that, she did such an incredible frickin’ job with the Secret Six, it’s really unbelievable. She took a bunch of C-D list characters and made them compelling and on top of that, most of them were villains and she made them all intriguing and in the end, actually kind of noble, even as they were being taken down by about 20-30 heroes. Huntress’ narration during it was some of the best you will ever read about that thin line between heroes and villains. And considering the fight that the Six gave pretty much the entire Justice League (including Superman, Captain Marvel, both Batmen, and at least 2 GLs) I may have to eat crow for complaining about Deadshot and Catman being PL11s in the DCA book…

Her resurrection of Thomas Blake as Catman has been everything that Bendis’ writing of Luke Cage or Geoff Johns’ re-invention of Sinestro has been and more. She took a total joke, loser character and turned him into a compelling anti-hero that you can actually buy going toe-to-toe with Batman. My take on Blake is an expansion on that where he is really trying to be the hero Huntress thinks he can be albeit a bit more violent one. I am going to have him use the Catarangs regularly, since I could see him doing that in emulation of Batman.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 pm

GREEN LIGHT SPECIAL import for Aisle 1.

That's why the Justice Society is so important to me. To Jay and Ted and Carter. Jay and his wife couldn't have children of their own. Ted lost his son. Carter neglected his. And I... I was never even there for mine. WE FAILED OUR CHILDREN. But we won't fail again. I won't fail you again. Or any of the children of the Justice Society. That is is my oath. - Alan Scott

GREEN LANTERN (ALAN SCOTT)
PL: 13 (215 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Deception (+2), Expertise [Business] 6 (+8), Expertise [Engineering] 8 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 3 (+5) [Contacts], Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+7) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Power Ring] 7 (+10), Stealth (+2), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Checkmate Clearance), Connected, Contacts, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort

POWERS:
Living Embodiment of the Starheart: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
Starheart Power Ring: 121 pts traits, Removable (-24 pts); 97 pts
Quick Change: Features 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt
Universal Translator: Comprehend 4 (Speak, Read, Understand, Write, All Languages); 8 pts
Scanning Beam: Variable 1 (5 pts traits, Flaw: Limited to Senses); 6 pts
Green Lantern's Light: Environment 2 (60 ft; Light); 2 pts
Ring Flight: Flight 14 (32,000 mph), Movement 4 (Environment Adaptation [Zero G], Space Travel 3); 36 pts
Force Field: Protection 13 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 6 (Flaw: Sustained); 25 pts
Green Flame Manipulation: 33 pt Dynamic Array; 43 pts
Green Flame Blast: Ranged Damage 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 35 pts
Green Flame Constructs: Create 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Movable Constructs: Create 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Movable); 2 pts
Force Bubble: Immunity 10 (Life Support, Extra: Dynamic, Affects Others Only, Area Burst, Ranged); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Fourth-Dimensional Shift: Insubstantial 4 (Quirk: Vulnerable to wood); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Power Ring +10 [Flame Blast +16; Flame Objects +16, Force Lifting +16]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +2 (+15 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +16

COMPLICATIONS:
Incarnation of the Flame: Alan Scott is no longer entirely mortal, being the vessel for the Starheart. This can cause mystical concerns for him that do not threaten ordinary people
Power Loss: Alan's Starheart powers are completely useless and nullified against wood, and he also takes an extra degree of damage against wood based damage
Relationships: His daughter, Jade, his son Obsidian, and his wife Molly
Responsibility: To protect the world and train the heroes of tomorrow
Weakness: Much like the standard Green Lantern power rings, his powers depend on his willpower. The maximum rank of his powers' effects are equal to his Will rank, and moments of self-doubt or hesitation can cause his powers to fail

Abilities 50 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 108 + Defenses 31 = 215 / 215

Comments: Alan Scott’s power ring works pretty much the same as the main GL corps, but his is powered by the Starheart, which is contained within him. So he never has to charge the ring and the Starheart has given him extended lifespan and total life support. The big flaw with that ring is the weakness to wood, which also can make him lose his other Starheart gifts, in addition to the fact that his ring doesn’t work on it at all.

I had no problem putting him at Hal Jordan level because he was the original GL and Mr. Terrific and others think that with him basically BEING the Starheart, he could be at Superman level.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #80

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:A new item in our Minions Line hits the Aisle 2 shelves.

The evil of ancient times combined with today's tech. This should really help their recruitment.

THE HAND
PL: 5 (72 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Expertise [Ninja] 7 (+7), Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 3 (+4), Sleight of Hand 3 (+6), Stealth 5 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Hide in Plain Sight, Interpose, Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
Mystic Ninjas: Feature 1 (Bodies of the slain/incapacitated always disappear at end of scene); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Hand Robes: Feature 1 (Camouflage [Darkness]); 1ep
Shuriken: Piercing Ranged Damage 1, Extra: Multiattack; 25ft range, Small; 3ep
Arsenal: (6ep)
Chain: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Reach 2 [10ft.], Improved Trip, Improved Grab; Medium; 6ep
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Critical 19-20, Medium; 1ep
Nunchakus: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Critical 19-20, Small; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Katanas +5, Critical 19-20; Nunchakus +4; Chain +4]
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +6 [Shuriken +1, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Chaste, Wolverine, Elektra (sometimes), Daredevil (sometimes), many others
Responsibility: To the code of The Hand and to their leaders at the time

Abilities 32 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 1 + Defenses 12 = 72 / 72

Comments: I’m a self diagnosed ninja-holic so it was a only matter of time until I whipped up The Hand.

At this point in my setting, they are still just The Hand, without DD's leadership. For now... :twisted:

Clean Up 10/27/12: Took The Hand up a PL.

Since I've had a little time recently, I've done a few updates as I decide on my next area of focus, which will probably be the X-verse. Anyway, I tweaked The Hand a bit. I tended to agree with Gazman's thoughts which is that they should be a bit tougher than the average ninja and definitely able to take AIM and HYDRA goons in a gang fight.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: #106

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Our last item in our MORE POWER! run is a J-Mart Favorite. And how can you have a special about power and not have THE PRINCE OF POWER?!?!?

Um, Herc...?

Come on, Herc...

OK, I figure THAT oughta get him moving...

Come on, Herc, there's serious heroing to be done...

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about!

HERCULES
PL: 14 (220 pts) - OPL: 14 ; DPL: 14

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 17, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 9, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 6 (+23), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+11), Deception 2 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Mythology] 7 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+13), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 2 (+7/+9) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Bow] 6 (+13), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Benefit (3) (Status – Son of Zeus, Prince of Power), Connected, Diehard, Equipment (1), Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Interpose, Languages (1) (English, Base: Ancient Greek), Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Strength Check)

POWERS:
Alternate Effects of Strength Array: 2 pts
Groundstrike: Burst Area Force Damage 14 (Extras: Burst Area 2 [60 ft], Flaws: Distracting, Limited [Herc must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 14 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Herc must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt

Olympian Physiology: Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Immunity 5 (Aging, Cold, Disease, Heat, Pressure); 6 pts
Herculean Stamina: Protection 2, Impervious 4; 10 pts
Olympian Athleticism: Speed 5 (60 mph), Leaping 6 (250 ft); 11 pts
Prince of Power: Enhanced Strength 8 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 8 pts
Bow of Hercules: 18 pts traits, Easily Removable (-8 pts), (Extra: Restricted [10 or greater strength to wield]); 11 pts
Olympian Arrows: Piercing Ranged Damage 9; 18 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Justice League Communicard: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Justice League Members), GPS, Feature 1 (Watchtower/Avengers Mansion Access), Benefit 1 (Justice League Status); 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +17]
Ranged Attack +7
Bow +13 [Bow +9]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +16 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He can get a bit full of himself sometimes and not take mortal threats seriously enough
Enemy: Ares, The Olympus Group, Amato-Mikaboshi
Guilt: He great guilt over his madness from a millennia ago and the acts he perpetrated then, such as the death of his family and the raid on Themiscrya
Man out of Time: Being an immortal, he sometimes struggles with the modern world, especially tech
Obsession: Herc likes the ladies a lot and is constantly fighting his urge to prove his manhood again, again and again…
Relationships: Amadeus Cho, Wonder Woman
Responsibility: To protect humanity
Rivalry: He has a big rivalry with Thor
Temper: He has been known to go into uncontrollable rages if provoked

Abilities 110 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 48 + Defenses 20 = 220 / 220

Comments: I wasn’t real thrilled with Herc back in my early comic days, but he grew on me once I got back into them. Then I decided to pick up The Incredible Hercules. One of the best moves I ever made. I loved that book. He and Amadeus Cho just rocked the house with Greg Pak writing them to start and then other writers picking up from there. They made him into a funny, charming, arrogant, flawed but truly heroic character and not the Thor-lite he had been for years. I am loving him leading the Chaos War and I cannot wait to pick up the trade.

This is Herc in his usual power set up, not the mega-godlike powers he currently has, which we know will not last. And no mace. Don't dig the mace, really, but it did come in handy when he was imitating Thor and it was enchanted to look like Mjolnir (see pic below). That was a funny arc, especially when Herc had messed things up and Thor had to come back to Asgard dressed as Herc to battle him and set everything straight. And don't fret, Amadeus Cho is coming soon.

AND A HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY FROM J-MART!

Clean Up 2/17/11: Herc goes up to PL14 as I continue to move my builds up to DCA style power levels.

Clean Up 11/12/11: Really happy with this Herc update. I got his Bow and his Mace in to where they are not unbalancing or take away from him being a grappler above all else.

Clean Up 10/27/12: Another tweak to Herc, taking him back up to PL14...again...

Another tweak to Herc.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Another RED LIGHT SPECIAL Import for Aisle 1.

You know what is really emasculating? Getting killed. Get over yourself, Harper. - Jason Todd

RED HOOD (JASON TODD)
PL: 10 (199 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 7, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+13), Athletics 9 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 11 (+15) [Fascinate, Taunt], Expertise [Streetwise] 7 (+10), Insight 4 (+9) [Assessment], Intimidation 11 (+15) [Startle], Investigation 8 (+11) [Well-Informed], Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand 5 (+12), Stealth 10 (+15) [Hide in Plain Sight], Technology 4 (+7), Treatment 2 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (3) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy], Safe Houses), Close Attack (1), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Fascinate (1) (Deception), Favored Foe (Bat Family), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Firearms, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improvised Tools, Languages (3) (French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin, 6 others, Base: English), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (7), Startle, Takedown (2), Taunt, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Red Hood Costume: Protection 1, Immunity 2 (Critical Hits [Flaw: Limited to head, Limited to Ballistic Damage), Senses 2 (Low Light Vision, Infravision); 5 pts
Mini-Tracer: Feature 1 (Tracking, 2 Mile range); 1 pt
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Suffocation, Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Kris Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous 2; 4 pts
Twin Semiautomatic Pistols: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 6, Split; 13 pts
Arsenal: (5 pts)
Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous; 4 pts
Batarang: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Ranged Damage 2; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Kris Knife +5, Critical 18-20; Katana +6, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +14 [Twin Pistols +6, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Batarangs +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: Despite his outward resolution, he is torn between his current path and need for acceptance by the Bat family
Hatred: The Joker
Motivation: To clean up Gotham City…his way…
Pain In The Ass: Even when his intentions are good, even when he's playing by the rules, his arrogance makes him difficult to deal with
Sibling Rivalry: He feels that Batman has always seen him as less than Dick Grayson as well as Tim Drake. And probably Damian, now, too, and this drives him crazy
Temper: Because of his childhood issues, and possible mental tampering by the Al Ghul's, he can just lose it at times

Abilities 86 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 45 + Powers 0 + Defenses 20 = 199 / 199

Build Comments: Loves me some Jason Todd and his new book is not that bad. The first issue was "eh" but the last two have been pretty good and are giving more insight about where they want to take Roy, Kori and Jason.

In my setting, Jason is pretty much...Jason. Still wanting to fight crime, but doing it his way. He's generally reconciled with the Bat family, but none of them trust him outside of Bruce, even though he's saved all of their bacon at one time or another recently. He did promise Bruce he was lose the guns, but he can't quite bring himself do it completely, mainly because he still has an inclination to rebel.

Note: When I originally posted Jason at J-Mart II, the New 52 was just starting. Now the book is one of my faves. I still don't like the Kori changes much, but I LOVE Roy and Jason's chemistry. Lobdell has really taken them both in the directions I always thought they could be. They have the best DC Bromance outside of Deadshot and Catman IMHO.

Secret Origins: Raised in the slums of the poor side of Gotham City, Jason Todd was the son of a petty criminal named Willis Todd. Eventually, Willis was sent to prison and never returned home despite earning his release after a few years. This left Jason with Catherine Todd, a drug addicted woman he did not know was not truly his biological mother. In order to survive and for his so-called mother's habit, Jason turned to crime, ripping off car parts for money. Catherine soon died from a drug overdose, and Willis had disappeared after screwing up a job for Two-Face. Jason was left alone on the streets barely surviving, still stealing parts of cars for cash. This led to Batman discovering Jason in an alley stealing the tires off the Batmobile.

Bruce Wayne tried to put Jason in a school for troubled youths but simply could not keep him there due to the school encouraging breaking laws and the kids beating up Jason while an old lady who was considered the teacher, watched. With that option off the table, Bruce took him in as his own and began training him to replace Dick Grayson as Robin. He did not have Dick's cheerful enthusiasm or natural acrobatic skill, but life had made him tough and full of sarcastic wit which made Jason motivated. Secretly, Bruce believed that had he not taken Jason into his home then in a few years time he would be taking Jason in to the police. So instead, Jason became the new Robin.

The Story so Far: On their first official mission as Batman and Robin, it was discovered that Jason's father was killed by the criminal Two-Face. Furious at the knowledge and the fact that Batman knew of it, Jason went on a rampage until at last confronted with Two-Face. Rather than kill Dent however, Jason mastered his anger and let Dent be arrested, much to Batman's pride.

Jason was a far different Robin than Dick Grayson. He was cynical and had a mean streak to him that Dick never had. He was an angrier Robin who would sometimes use excessive force on the more vile criminals. In one notorious incident, a serial rapist named Felipe Garzonas dodged the charges for his crimes due to his father's diplomatic immunity. After one of his victims committed suicide, Jason headed straight for Felipe ahead of Batman. Batman arrived in time to witness Felipe falling from a building to his death, and Jason claimed only that Felipe got spooked and slipped when he showed up. Though Batman thought otherwise, he gave Jason the benefit of the doubt.

Jason later discovered his mother was not his biological mother, and runs away to find the woman who gave birth to him. After following a number of leads, Jason finally tracks his mother, Sheila, to Ethiopia, where she worked as an aid worker. While Jason is overjoyed to be reunited with his real mother, he soon discovered that she is being blackmailed by the Joker, who is using her to provide him with medical supplies. Sheila herself has been embezzling from the aid agency and as part of the cover-up she handed her own son, who arrives as Robin, over to the Joker. The Joker beat the boy brutally with a crowbar, and then left him and Sheila in the warehouse with a time bomb. Sheila and Robin tried desperately to get out of the warehouse but are still inside as the bomb goes off. Batman arrived too late to save them and is only able to hold Jason's lifeless body in his arms. The bodies are taken back to Gotham City for burial. For years, Jason's death haunted Batman, who kept Jason's costume on display in the Batcave. Batman still considers this his greatest failure: not properly training Jason in his role as Robin, and failing to protect him from the Joker.

Unbeknownst to Bruce, Jason’s body is taken from his grave by Talia al Ghul and preserved in a secret location. When she felt the time was right, Talia immersed him in a Lazarus Pit to revive him, the same pit in which her father Ra's is also bathing. It is suggested at that time that exposure to the Pit's energies together with Al Ghul might have affected Jason's personality. On Talia's advice, Jason determines his death was never avenged, and prepares to confront Batman by traveling across the globe in the same path of trainings as his mentor. When Batman expresses no remorse for sparing the Joker's life after Jason was killed, Jason is further angered and takes up the mantle of the Red Hood.

Jason became the black sheep of the Batman Family and in many ways the polar opposite of Dick Grayson, who Jason had once been a thinly veiled copy of. He stood as a rejection of Batman's ideals, willing to use lethal force against criminals and control crime rather than fighting against it all. He had several confrontations with members of the Bat family over the years and would also briefly use other identities such as stealing the identity of Nightwing from Dick or donning the Red Robin costume near the beginning of the Final Crisis, but the character always quickly returned to the Red Hood identity.

Thanks to mental treatment he received after Dick and Tim Drake finally took him down and sent him to jail, Jason Todd is less tempered and hostile towards the Bat-Family. As of late, he has worked with them as a unit on multiple occasions, without aggression or direct violence towards them. Jason fought with the Bat-family against The Court of Owls and has shown to be friendly towards Tim Drake after several earlier confrontations.

Characterization: As a former Robin, Jason Todd possesses all the skills of someone trained by Batman but lacked the experience of Dick and Tim. After his resurrection, Jason furthered his knowledge in combat by using Talia Al Ghul's fortune to travel the world similar to what his former mentor did, but sought out much deadlier training. Talia also paid for Jason's tutoring in explosives, strategy, poisons, weapons, vehicles, stealth, antitoxins, and surveillance. Among the current and former Robins, Jason is generally acknowledged as the best overall fighter, even if he lacks in some of the overall crime fighting skill of the others.

Jason's most notable weakness is his rage. Batman and numerous others have told him that his rage blinds him in battle to the point of leaving physical and mental weak points open for attacks. Recently, Jason has made steps to putting the past behind him and has become a more disciplined and controlled fighter.

Friends and Foes: His best friend is Roy Harper, Arsenal. Both had checked pasts and strained mentor relationships so they seem to be kindred spirits. Jason has mended many fences with the Bat family, although some of them struggle with trusting him.

He still has a desire for revenge against The Joker for killing him, but he’s tried to put that behind him to focus on doing what he believes he was meant to do; keeping anyone from going through what he did, even if it means crossing lines Batman wouldn’t.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Another import for Aisle 1.

Oliver Queen... I'm doing this whether you want me to or not... I'm telling you... this is the life I'm choosing. I want to fight by your side. Please...let me do it at your side. - Mia Dearden

SPEEDY (MIA DEARDEN)
PL: 8 (115 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 6 (+7), Deception 6 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Computers] 5 (+7) [Contacts], Expertise [Streetwise] 3 (+5), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+2), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6/+8) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Bow] 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Attractive (1), Benefit (1) (Uses Expertise: Computers for Investigation checks), Contacts, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (6), Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Bow and Arrows: (18 pts)
Flare Arrows: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 12 pts
Standard Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 4 (Extra: Penetrating 4); 1 pt
Net Arrows: Ranged Affliction 4 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Alternate Resistance [Resisted by Dodge], Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt
Cutting Torch Arrows: Heat Damage 6 (Extra: Penetrating); 1 pt
Knockout Gas Arrows: Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 4 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep; Extra: Cloud Area [15 ft radius]); 1 pt
Grapple Arrow: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 7, Feature 2 - GPS, Hidden Compartments; 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +1; Bow Bash +2; Cutting Torch Arrows +6]
Ranged Attack +8
Bow +12 [Arrow +4; Flare Arrow Affliction +4, Burst Area; Knockout Gas Arrow Affliction +4, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Mia is HIV positive and must take several anti-retro viral drugs, which can have side effects. She must be careful to avoid open wounds and to not let her blood get on anyone else
Enemy: Constantine Drakon
Guilt: She still has a lot of guilt about her life on the streets before Ollie took her in
Relationships: Oliver Queen, Conner Hawke, Roy Harper, Dinah Laurel Lance
Responsibility: To protect Star City

Abilities 46 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 0 + Defenses 22 = 115 / 115

Build Comments: While I love Kevin Smith overall, I find his comic writing style a bit uneven. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it’s just a bit too wordy (but that’s him). His introduction of Mia Dearden during his run on Green Arrow was something I really liked, though. She’s been a pretty decent character since and I’m hoping she shows up again in the New 52. For the Thorpacoverse, she is still GA’s sidekick and a member of Young Justice West.

While I am jumping around a bit and not sticking to one theme right now, I do plan on posting several teen heroes over the next couple of weeks amongst other odds and ends before we wrap up this move and I am sans internet for a few days. I can handle no TV for a couple of days, but no WIFI? Barbaric.

Secret Origins: Mia Dearden was a teenage girl who ran away from home after being abused by her father. Unable to survive on her own, she fell in love with a man named Richard, who offered her shelter and food in exchange for exploiting her. Mia was rescued from one of her clients, a depraved local politician, by "Green Arrow" Oliver Queen, who had just recently returned from the dead. Mia continued to work with Oliver, who was busy trying to reconstruct his own life, and she began to train at archery under his reluctant tutelage.

The Story so Far: Mia continually petitioned Green Arrow to allow her to serve as his sidekick, but Ollie continually demurred, not wanting to put another youngster at risk. As Oliver Queen got his life back in order, Mia fantasized that she would one day become Green Arrow's new crime-fighting partner and began taking up practice with the bow. Once the Emerald Archer learned of her desire, he nipped it in the bud, instead emphasizing that she concentrate on her academic studies. Mia began to work after classes in the Star City Youth Recreational Center with Queen and his son, Connor Hawke.

When Mia tested positive for HIV, a legacy from her years on the street, she was more determined than ever to do something special with her life. Green Arrow felt he at least owed it to Mia to give her a chance. Mia became his sidekick, the second one to don the costumed identity of Speedy. To complement her training, Mia also joined the Teen Titans at Ollie's request, though she did so at first reluctantly. After facing foes such as Doctor Light and the new Brother Blood, Mia left the Titans shortly following the events of Infinite Crisis.

After that, she trained heavily in various forms of the martial arts alongside Ollie and Connor under the tutelage of many of the world's greatest martial artists. Mia continued to operate as Speedy, and accompanied Team Arrow throughout the rescue of Oliver from Themyscira and the subsequent pursuit of the League of Assassins. During this time, she met and developed a crush on British ally Dodger, who she began a relationship with. She relocated to London to be with him but she recently because she found him kissing the actress Emma Watson. She returned in a black costume with black arrows, differentiating her from the green costume that Ollie wears and the red that Roy sports as Red Arrow/Arsenal. She has also rejoined Titans West.

Characterization: Mia is a streetwise girl that is committed to making the world a better place. She has committed herself to working with Team Arrow, and has already begun establishing her own network of street contacts throughout Star City.

Friends and Foes: She is close to Ollie and Connor as part of Team Arrow and she has made several friends in the teen superhero community including Wonder Girl, Red Robin, Hulkling and Invincible. She and Hawkeye Kate Bishop have a friendly rivalry, much like their mentors, Oliver Queen and Clint Barton.

Clean Up 12/20/13: Ollie was probably getting lonely in the new Superior Thorpacoverse, so I had to get Speedy updated.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Turtleman, J-Mart II Imports

Postby Batgirl III » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Aw, man, I love Speedy II... even if I did loose a bet with a freind that she'd be the one to get the Refrigerator and Stephanine Brown (Robin IV) would be the female legacy sidekickthat stuck around. That, ah, didn't work out. :cry:

Any particular reason she's under-pointed for her PL?
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:24 am

Batgirl III wrote:Any particular reason she's under-pointed for her PL?

Not really. I just didn't see spending all the points on her at the time. The DC official build is 90-something points, I think, so I almost thought I overdid it. I do see some things I'd like to change, though, and I plan on doing several updates over the next few weeks to several builds as I continue to collect the Power Profiles and peruse the Supernatural Handbook, which, on initial flip through, is great.

And of course, I have to take advantage of the Cape Rules. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Batgirl III » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:51 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:And of course, I have to take advantage of the Cape Rules. :wink:

See, that might be why I love Speedy so much... she's the only member of Team Arrow to rock a cape. :wink:
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

We're bringing in more imports, and this one comes from our Gotham store as we kick off a little GOTHAM LADIES' NIGHT!

I had this under control Bat-dorks! And don't think I'm cutting you guys in on the reward, either!

CATGIRL (KRITINA FALCONE)
PL: 7 (107 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 6 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception 9 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+6), Insight (+2), Intimidation 2 (+3), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Sleight of Hand 7 (+12), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 2 (+4), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (3), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (3), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (Italian, 1 other, Base: English), Move-by Action, Takedown (1), Taunt

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(18ep)
Lockpick Kit: Feature 1, Tiny; 1ep
Arsenal: (7ep)
Whip: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1, Reach 2 (15 ft), Fast Grab, Improved Trip, Improved Grab, Small; 6ep
Handclaws: Piercing/Slashing Strength-Based Damage 2, +3 Climb checks; 1ep
Vehicle: (10ep)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +8 [Whip +2; Handclaws +3]
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +5

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Inexperienced: As a new sidekick to Catwoman, she can make rookie mistakes that can cost her or Selina
Relationships: She has become to Selina Kyle
Reputation: As a member of the Falcone family, she carries a lot of baggage

Abilities 44 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 0 + Defenses 21 = 107 / 107

Comments: Getting back to the Gotham builds after that slight return to the Cosmic Thorpacoverse, here is the new Catgirl. Kitrina Falcone became Catwoman’s sidekick, Catgirl, just before the New 52 started. I liked the concept so she is part of the Thorpacoverse of Gotham.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Our short GOTHAM LADIES' NIGHT continues with this import for Aisle 1!

Maybe I have something to prove--to him or myself or both. Or maybe I care because I've been alone most of my life. Ever since I was a child. Alone in every kind of darkness. Hunting evil or just waiting for the dawn. It must be some kind of comfort to have a partner. Someone to trust at your back. So maybe when I see him with Robin I want to see me. He's like me--a loner--yet he and his partner somehow make a perfect team. - Huntress

HUNTRESS
PL: 9 (161 pts) - OPL: 9 ; DPL: 9

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 7 (+9), Close Attack [Unarmed] 1 (+15), Deception 6 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Streetwise] 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 10 (+12) [Startle], Investigation 11 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Crossbow] 6 (+13), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Stealth 7 (+12), Vehicles 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Attractive (1), Benefit (2) (Wealth 2 [Independently Wealthy]), Close Attack (2), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (6), Evasion (1), Favored Foe (Mobsters), Grabbing Finesse, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Staff), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (Italian, 1 other, Base: English), Last Stand*, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (3), Startle, Takedown (2), Well-Informed

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Costume Protection 1; 1 pt
Rebreather: Immunity 2 (Suffocation, Flaw: Limited -20 Rounds of Oxygen); 1 pt
Multi-Tool: Feature 1 (-2 Skill Checks Requiring Tools); 1 pt
Handcuffs: Feature 1 (Toughness 9, DC20 Sleight of Hand/Technology); 1 pt
Night Vision Goggles: Senses 1 (Darkvision, -2 Perception); 1 pt
Bo Staff: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Double, Reach [5 ft]; 4 pts
Masterwork Heavy Crossbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 5, Dangerous; 11 pts
Vehicle: (11 pts)
Motorcycle: Size - M, Strength - 1, Speed - 6, Def - 10, Tough - 8, Features - Senses 1 (Communication Link [Oracle Computer]); 11 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Bo Staff +4, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +2, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Crossbow +13 [Crossbow +5, Critical 19-20]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: She wants to prove herself to Batman.
Pain In The Ass: Even when she's trying to be good, she can still drive people away with her abrasive personality.
Reputation: As noted in the quote, a lot of people think she's crazy.
Revenge: She still seeks revenge for the mobsters that killed her family.
Secret Identity: She has a secret identity as Helena Bertinelli.

Abilities 66 + Skills 44 (88 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 0 + Defenses 17 = 161 / 161

Build Comments: My Huntress isn’t far off from the DCA version, but I wanted to give her some personal touches to my her my own.

Secret Origins: Maria Panessa Bertinelli, the wife of Franco Bertinelli of the Mafia family in Gotham City, was the subject of frequent beatings from her husband, though he was careful never to hit her in the face. Maria began an affair with a man named Santo Cassamento and eventually became pregnant by him. Knowing the unborn child wasn't his, Franco continued to beat his wife throughout her pregnancy. When Maria gave birth to this child of her illicit union, she chose the name Helena Rosa. During the first eight years of Helena's life, she lived in the household of a Mafioso without ever being aware of the criminal dealing which took place there.

When Helena was eight years old, a man barged in to the Bertinelli household during dinner and shot Franco, Maria and Pino Bertinelli, sparing Helena. The hit came from Mandragora who wished for no vendettas against him. Helena's biological father passed the order along with a modification that "the sister" be spared. Santo was referring to Maria. But the gunman confused Maria with Helena and so Helena was spared, though she was not supposed to be.

Helena was placed under the care of her Uncle Tomasso's nephew, Salvatore Asaro. She was taken back to the old country, Sicily, where she would be kept safe and where the family was still strong. When arriving, she was terrified. Helena remained there for a number of years. She watched her cousin and uncle train and practice with weapons and hand-to-hand combat often. However, the nightmares stayed with her. One night, her cousin showed her that only she could stop the nightmare by putting an end to those who murdered her family: blood cries for blood. When taken into the barn, she asked her cousin to teach her how, picking up a crossbow on the wall. She trained until the age of fifteen when she was sent to a boarding school in Switzerland to protect her from the Italian authorities who were cracking down on the Mafia. When reading and seeing what was happening, she realized that everything she had been told was a lie about the Mafia. She realized that the Mafia was a force of corruption and evil for a hundred years, and it had been headed by her own family in Gotham City. At age sixteen, she finally returned to Gotham City to spend Christmas with her uncle. However, she hated everyone there. During the party, Helena witnessed her family finally was frightened of something. Batman had crashed the party and fought with them. Helena realized that she could fight them too.

Helena returned to Switzerland for school where she plotted her vengeance. She went to her old house in Sicily that had since been abandoned as a result of her uncle and cousin being arrested. She took a crossbow and a number of items for her crusade. Enrolling at the university in Palermo, she learned all about the Mafia. She constructed her costume and a number of weapons. She thought herself as a nun, totally devoted to her quest. She returned to Gotham in pursuit of vengeance as the Huntress.

The Story so Far: Huntress ended the lives of Mandragora and the assassin who murdered her family. Sometime later, Nightwing and she began a brief romantic relationship while working together on a murder case of a police officer with connections to the Mafia.

During the No Man's Land declaration in Gotham City, she briefly donned the guise of Batgirl to better inspire fear into the criminals of Gotham City, though she would also work in the guise of Huntress. She began the habit of marking territories in No Man's Land, all of which would be adopted by the criminals and GCPD.

Though Batman knew the entire time that it was Huntress under the cape and cowl, he eventually ordered her to give it up. Batman would give Huntress' Batgirl outfit to Cassandra Cain. Helena continued to be Huntress in No Man's Land, allying herself with a renegade police officer to the point where she assisted in capturing Nightwing and Oracle, though in the end, she helped them escape. On Christmas Eve, the Joker attacked her. Joker shot the Huntress five times that night. She survived the encounter and fully recovered, earning Batman's respect.

To curb Helena's violent attitude, Batman nominated her for a position in the Justice League. However, Batman revoked her membership when she was about to kill Prometheus. After a series of murders which seemingly pointed to her as the killer, Huntress became wanted by Batman and Nightwing. Fortunately for her, she tumbled into the bay where she was picked up and rescued by the Question. She was taken to Canada where she was trained by the Question's sensei for three months. The two then traveled back to Gotham where she shared the story of her becoming the Huntress. The time Question and Huntress spent together sparked a relationship. However, when Huntress discovered who had been framing her, she discovered more then she bargained for. She discovered her true father as being Santo Cassamento and he was responsible for the death of her family. As a result, Helena asked a favor of her Uncle Tomasso. Santo was lured to the docks and was killed by Tomasso's men. The Question did not approve of what Helena had asked, and inquired when the killing would stop. He left her as she threw her golden cross into the water, ending the relationship.

Batman eventually funded Helena for a new uniform and a new bike. She would later return the favor by saving his life when he took a fall in Crime Alley by fighting off attackers and putting him into the Batmobile. Huntress remarked in hindsight that he'd never thank her for her heroism. A short time later, the Scarecrow, working with the mysterious Hush, drugged her, and manipulated Helena into attacking Catwoman, who she perceived as her old self. With the aid of Batman, the Scarecrow's drugs wore off and Helena made a full recovery.

The Huntress soon found herself allied with Oracle and Black Canary and continued to fight crime in both Gotham City and Metropolis as an official member of the Birds of Prey. With Barbara Gordon returning to her role as Batgirl, Wendy Kuttler-Harris took over as the new Oracle. They are beginning to develop good chemistry, but it is still a work in progress.

Characterization: Helena had been markedly different than the other members of the Bat family because of her willingness to kill, or approve of other’s killing the name of justice. Over time, she has changed her views on it and now follows Batman’s code of no killing.

Friends and Foes: She has a good relationship with her teammates in the Birds of Prey and most of the Bat Family. She remains a bit of a mystery to most of them, but she has developed a bit of a bond with Damian, probably because both of them have a more aggressive view on crime fighting, as well as an innate ability to piss people off.

Clean Up 11/2/13: Helena gets a Superior Thorpacoverse update.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call