Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:16 pm

The next item in our REAL SUPERS line is hitting the Aisle 14 shelves!

I began seeing spirit at age 4. I suffered from anxiety for years until my mom suggested I go to a spiritual healer/teacher. I went to see Pat Longo and that’s how I found out that I had the ability to communicate with spirit. I have been a practicing medium for over 10 years and a certified medium with the Forever-Family Foundation – an organization dedicated to connecting science with the afterlife. People ask me to describe the process of receiving information. It’s hard for me to describe because I see, hear and feel things differently than we do in the physical world. My wish for every person I come in contact with, is that they receive a message that will give them healing and closure to embrace life without their loved ones. - Theresa Caputo

THERESA CAPUTO
PL: 3 (32 pts) - OPL: 0 ; DPL: 3

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 0, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Deception 5 (+7), Expertise [Medium] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5) [Daze]

ADVANTAGES: Daze (1) (Persuasion)

POWERS:
Long Island Medium: Comprehend 1 (Spirits), Senses 1 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental]); 3 pts
The Nails: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +0 [Unarmed +0; Nails +1]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +0 [DC10] Parry +0 [DC10]
Toughness +0, Fortitude +1, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Nobody…messes…with THE ‘DO!!!: Don't mess with the 'do or the nails
Relationships: Her husband of 22 years, Larry and her two kids, Larry II and Victoria and especially her dogs
Reputation: A lot of people she is a fake and charlatan and that's putting it nicely
Responsibility: She feels it is her duty to use her gift to give peace and hope to others

Abilities 12 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 4 + Defenses 4 = 32 / 32

Comments: So do you believe?

Theresa Caputo is the star of the series Long Island Medium on TLC. And the title of the show tells you all you need to know. She’s a lifelong Long Island (or as the locals say, Long-GI-land, or at least that how it sounds to me :wink: ) girl who just happened to be born with the ability to see and hear spirits. After struggling with it for years, she came to accept her gift and has made it her mission to share it with others.

Now, first off, I am a skeptic. But that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to believe in extraordinary things. I watch all the shows on Discovery, History, TLC and others about UFOs, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, etc. all the time and I LOVE THEM. But I also know they won’t find anything, or generally provide any real proof. But I always hope they do. And while I am generally against organized religion, I still believe in a God and I truly believe there is more to this universe than science and religion will ever know. The universe is just a little too darn orderly to be an accident.

Everyone wants answers to these huge philosophical and metaphysical questions and just don’t think our little primate brains are meant to know them. I’m OK with not knowing, and I wish more people were OK with saying “I don’t know”, too, instead of creating all these belief systems that lead to continual conflict. That’s a bit too much to ask, though, so we’ll just have to try to get along the best we can.

So do I believe she can speak with spirits? Not really, but I have to admit, she's good at making people think she can. Would I like to know that my deceased mother, grandparents, and others are keeping an eye on me and wishing me well? Of course. But then again, do I personally want my spirit to hang around this Earth and still have to keep an eye on my kids after I have passed from this mortal plane? Man, I hope not! Send me beyond the Source Wall!!! Let me see the Anti-Life Equation and play cards with Thanos and Lady Death!!! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: REAL SUPERS - Bob Munden

Postby Batgirl III » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Bob Munden shoots with single-action Colt .45 cartridge revolvers almost exclusively... I'm wondering why you gae him a light pistol.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Re: J-Mart: REAL SUPERS - Bob Munden

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Batgirl III wrote:Bob Munden shoots with single-action Colt .45 cartridge revolvers almost exclusively... I'm wondering why you gae him a light pistol.

Because...I count on gun experts like yourself to point out when I've messed up. :wink:

Heavy pistol it shall become. I guess I will bump him to PL10.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: REAL SUPERS - Bob Munden, Theresa Caputo

Postby Batgirl III » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Generally speaking, I'd call anything in .45 ACP, .45 Colt, or similar a "Heavy" pistol; most things in 9mm Parabellum, .357, or .38 would be a "Light" pistol; and anything in a smaller caliber (or versions of "Light" pistols made smaller for concealment) would be a "Hold-Out." M&M3e isn't particularly crunchy when it comes to firearms, so there is some wiggle room.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Wow. I'm not sure if Mr. Munden doesn't have Improved Range (Perception) on Pistol Attacks as a power.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net
Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Severance » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Awesome real-life supers Thorp! If I could make a suggestion for a build for this oh so sweet theme, could you look into Samantha Wright? She's a gymnast turned weightlifter, which basically makes her Batgirl (cute as a button to boot!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJHFnNIK1i4 video of her lifting (though I'm not sure the exact weight, I do know that she can apparently lift over double her body weight.)

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2012/7/27/9a0f6788-375d-402a-b66b-1016f3133ad8_thumb.jpg This is just her doing a one handed cartwheel (which just seems like a image they'd have Captain America himself doing to show his daily warm-up)
Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 am

So... does J-Mart still take requests? I want to see Theresa Caputo and Johnathan Edwards in the Thunderdome. It'll be the first celebrity death match where you can have a post-fight interview with the loser.

Severance wrote:Awesome real-life supers Thorp! If I could make a suggestion for a build for this oh so sweet theme, could you look into Samantha Wright? She's a gymnast turned weightlifter, which basically makes her Batgirl (cute as a button to boot!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJHFnNIK1i4 video of her lifting (though I'm not sure the exact weight, I do know that she can apparently lift over double her body weight.)

If I'm hearing the announcer correctly in that video, he's saying the weight was 57 kilos... which would be a hair over 125 lbs. in American money. I'm going to guess that she's competing in the Flyweight or Featherweight classes (based on that video and her former career as a gymnast, she's probably petite) so if she's doing a 57 kilo snatch with ease, she'll probably be contending for medals in 2016. Which is awesome... I mean, I know she's probably attracting attention because she's so photogenic, but I'm always happy to see the public take interest in non-traditional women's sports.

Rebecca Ward and Mariel Zagunis are both very, very pretty young women and brought a lot of interest to my sport of sabre.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Severance wrote:Awesome real-life supers Thorp! If I could make a suggestion for a build for this oh so sweet theme, could you look into Samantha Wright? She's a gymnast turned weightlifter, which basically makes her Batgirl (cute as a button to boot!)

Wow. That's impressive on many levels. I will put her on the list. I was actually going to solicit more ideas for real supers, since I am having a lot of fun with it, but I only have 3 more to go right now, so I'm glad you threw her out there.

Batgirl III wrote:So... does J-Mart still take requests? I want to see Theresa Caputo and Johnathan Edwards in the Thunderdome. It'll be the first celebrity death match where you can have a post-fight interview with the loser.

Rebecca Ward and Mariel Zagunis are both very, very pretty young women and brought a lot of interest to my sport of sabre.

I'll look them up. I'd like to hit all the "super" archetypes. I've got my ranged guy, my "telepath", I have a speedster and a giant on deck, so as stated earlier, if anyone has more ideas for real supers, I will put them on the list.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Batgirl III » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Every superhero team needs an evil mind-controller villain -- Billy Mays and his Starscream like underling, Vince Offer. I bought a slap chop, mind control is the only explanation.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Severance » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Batgirl III wrote:Every superhero team needs an evil mind-controller villain -- Billy Mays and his Starscream like underling, Vince Offer. I bought a slap chop, mind control is the only explanation.

I know how you feel. Oxyclean was my weakness from the Unstoppable Mays. Thank god I stopped myself from Hercules Hooks.
Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Thorpacolypse » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Check out this new item in our REAL SUPERS SPECIAL!

And no Pym particles needed...

ROBERT WADLOW
PL: 2 (21 pts) - OPL: 2 ; DPL: 2

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 2, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+3), Deception (+3), Expertise [Survival] 3 (+4), Insight (+1), Intimidation (+3/+4), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion 5 (+8), Stealth (-4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Status – Freemason), Equipment (1)

POWERS:
Tallest Man Ever: Growth 3 (+3 Str, +3 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +3 Mass; Extra: Innate); 7 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5ep)
Walking Stick: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1; 1ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +0 [Unarmed +3; Cane Bash +4]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge -2 [DC8] Parry -1 [DC9]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Robert just wanted to be like everybody else. But that's hard when you're 8-11
Disability: Because of his size, he had chronic foot problems that caused him to have to use a cane to walk as he aged
Fame: Everyone knew about the Alton Giant

Abilities 6 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 7 + Defenses 1 = 21 / 21

Comments: Robert Wadlow is the tallest man ever recorded. He was 8 ft 11.1 inches tall, or 2.72 meters for our global customers. I’ve been to Alton, IL, it’s only about 40 minutes from downtown St. Louis, give or take, and I’ve seen the life-size statue of him and it’s amazing. You don’t get an idea of how big he was until you stand next him. I’m 6-2 and I’ve been one of the “tall guys” but it made me feel like a child.

Of course, the real reason I went to Alton was to go to Fast Eddie's Bon Air, one of the great dive bars you will ever go to. Cold beer, good, cheap food and...well, that's the highlights, and really do you need any more reason to go than that?

He also gives credence to Marvel’s Imus Champion, who is supposed to be naturally 9 ft. tall, although it would be a miracle for him to be proportioned like he is. But hey, it’s comics. Robert was the real deal, a gentle giant of man who died from complication of infection caused by his ankle brace at way too young age of 22. And he was still growing when he died. Had he survived the infection, he could have maybe made 9 and half or even 10 ft., which is Biblical Goliath size.

It should also be noted that he was a Freemason, which could be a good plot hook in a game. The Freemasons make good background villains and I thought a plot of them using his DNA to engineer a race of giants could be a fun arc.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: REAL SUPERS - Theresa Caputo, Robert Wadlow

Postby Batgirl III » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 am

Michael Phelps might be good for fulfilling the Aquaman/Namor position on your team of Real Supers. Just keep him away from Sue Storm. :lol:
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 pm

This new item in our REAL SUPERS SPECIAL is going fast!

I'm now a legend. - Usain Bolt

USAIN BOLT
PL: 4 (63 pts) - OPL: 4 ; DPL: 4

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 1, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 1 (+5), Athletics 11 (+13), Deception (+4), Expertise [Sprinting] 6 (+6), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+6), Perception (+1), Persuasion 4 (+8), Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3) (Wealth 3 [Millionaire]), Close Attack (1), Evasion (1), Favored Environment (Track), Improved Initiative (2), Move-by Action

POWERS:
The Real Fastest Man Alive: Speed 3 (16 mph); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +1

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +4 [DC14]
Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +2

COMPLICATIONS:
Ego: Bolt is a bit of a diva and believe no one can beat him when he runs his best (and so far, he's been right)
Fame: He is a world-wide superstar and considered one of the most marketable people on the planet

Abilities 32 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 3 + Defenses 7 = 63 / 63

Comments: The real fastest man alive, Usain Bolt. Dude is amazing. I loved watching him during the Olympics. He’s getting a bit of a big head, but A) he has every reason to because he’s the best in the world, and maybe the fastest man ever, and B) all fast dudes are divas so you might as well just accept it. Seriously. Every sprinter I knew in college was a diva, the US sprinters are big time divas, Ben Johnson was a diva, NFL Wide Receivers are divas (see Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Lynn Swann back in the day, etc.), Carl Lewis was THE diva…that’s just how it is.

As far as his speed goes, I am concerned I am off so someone correct me if I’m off. His top speed, which is the fastest human speed ever recorded was a 27.72 MPH peak between the 60 and 80 meter mark in his world record 100 meter run. In game terms, my thought was that his speed would be 3 ranks for 16 mph and he could use Athletics to add a rank for a round to hit 30 mph. Seemed logical, but I also thought about giving him Speed 2, then using athletics to push it to 3 and using Extra Effort to add that other rank. It might be more fitting since most sprinters are tired after the 100 meter run which is about 2 rounds. Thoughts?
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: REAL SUPERS - Robert Wadlow, Usain Bolt

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Don't forget you can double move.
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Re: J-Mart: REAL SUPERS - Robert Wadlow, Usain Bolt

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm

badpenny wrote:Don't forget you can double move.

It's funny, I never think about that. I am programmed to "move, blast" or "move, strike"! :)

Good point. I could give him Speed 2 and use that and the other noted mechanics to hit that 30 mph. Thanks for clearing my tunnel vision.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call