Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

J-Mart: Preparing for Relocation... :)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 pm

Check out this J-Mart Favorite item from our Bleach line!

Shall I tell you the difference between you and I? It's level. It's like the story of the monkey trying to capture the moon. No matter how he struggles, it's just the moon's reflection on the water he sees. So he only sinks into the water. Time after time, he sinks. - Captain Byakuya Kuchiki

BYAKUYA KUCHIKI
PL: 13 (290 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 15, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+9/+15) [Agile Feint], Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+17), Close Combat [Zanpakuto] 4 (+19), , Deception (+2), Expertise [Kido] 6 (+10), Expertise [Nobility] 4 (+8), Expertise [Shinigami] 9 (+13), Insight 5 (+10) Assessment], Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Kido] 5 (+12), Ranged Combat [Shikai] 6 (+13), Stealth 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Benefit (4) (Status – Head of Kuchiki Clean, Captain of the 6th Division), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Evasion (2), Improved Critical (2) (Unarmed, Zanpakuto), Improved Initiative (2), Leadership, Luck (Instant Counter) (1), Move-by Action, Ranged Attack (3), Seize Initiative, Takedown (2), Uncanny Dodge

POWERS:
Shinigami Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pt
Spirit Form: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Only in human world], Permanent); 5 pts
Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): 24 pt array; 28 pts
Kido - Bakudo (Sai/Horin):[/b] Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized, Extras: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees); 24 pts
Kido - Hado (Sōren Sōkatsui): Multiattack Ranged Damage 8 (Extra: Multiattack); 1 pt
Kido - Hado (Sokatsui/Tenran): Cone Area Damage 12 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 8 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended], Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt

Hoho Mastery: 14 pt Array; 17 pts
Air Walking: Flight 7 (250 mph); 14 pts
Shunpo (Flash Steps): Speed 7 (250 mph), Leaping 4 (120 ft); 1 pt
Utsusemi: Illusion 12 (Visual and Aural; Flaw: Limited to a Double of Yourself, Resistible); 1 pt
Senka: Teleport 2 (Extra: Turnabout), Enhanced Skills 3 (Acrobatics 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to Agile Feint]); 1 pts

Zanjutsu: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Defense), (Quirk: Requires sword/Zanpakuto); 3 pts
Zanpakuto: 107 pts traits, Extra: Restricted 2 [Byakuya only], Easily Removable (-42 pts); 65 pts
Konso/Hollow Cleansing: Feature 1 (Konso allows pluses to move on to the Soul Society), Feature 1 (When destroying a Hollow, it allows them to move on to the Soul Society or Hell, depending on the life they lived); 2 pts
Senbonzakura Sealed Form: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Penetrating 7); 11 pts
Shikai (Senbonzakura Kageyoshi): Piercing/Slashing Ranged Damage 13 (Extra: Homing, Multiattack, Quirk: Must say Release Name); 39 pts
BANKAI! 54 pts Array, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Quirk: Must say Attack Name;
Senkei Create 10 (Cage of Swords, Extra: Impervious, Linked, Stationary, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Limited to entrapping), Piercing/Slashing Damage 15, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical 2) (Extra: Penetrating, Flaw: Inaccurate 3); 54 pts, Gōkei Cloud Area Piercing/Slashing Damage 13 (Extra: Area Cloud [15 ft cloud], Secondary Effect); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +13 (Seize Initiative)
Close Attack +15
Unarmed +17 [Unarmed +4, Critical 19-20]
Zanpakuto +19 [Senbonzakura +7, Critical 18-20]
Senkei +11 [Seneki Senbonzakura +15, Critical 17-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Shikai/Bankai +13 [Senbonzakura Kageyoshi +13, Multiattack]
Kido +12 [Hado+8, Multiattack; Hado (Sōren Sōkatsui) Affliction +12]
Special Attack [Gokei Senbonzakura +13, Area Cloud; Hado (Sokatsui/Tenran) +12, Area Cone]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +17 [DC27] Parry +17 [DC27]
Toughness +9, Fortitude +10, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Honor: As the head of the Kuchiki clan, he has a strong sense of honor and a belief that in order to set an example for his clan and others, all law-breakers must be punished
Power Loss: It takes a lot of spiritual energy for Shinigami to use Bankai and Arrancar to use Resurrecion. As such, it is up to the GM to determine when and if those powers can be activated. Maintaining usage of those powers can eventually lead to exhaustion and inability to utilize those powers until the users' spiritual pressure has a chance to recharge
Relationships: He cherishes the memory of his late wife, he is close to his Lt. Renji Abarai and he is close to his adopted sister, Rukia Kuchiki
Reputation: He conducts himself in a regal and very unemotional manner, leading many to think him arrogant and pretentious
Responsibility: As a Shinigami, he has the responsibility to purify hollows, lead pluses to the Soul Society and uphold the laws of the Gotei 13 as the Captain of Squad 6
Rivalry: Despite resolving their differences, he still sees Ichigo as a bit of an uncultured rival

Abilities 88 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 121 + Defenses 23 = 290 / 290

Comments: Byakuya was a fun build. All of the Captain and Espada level characters from Bleach are labors of love, for sure but I think they’re worth it if you’re a fan. I looked at several builds of him that have been done in 2E and 3E to see where I wanted him PL wise because I had a good idea of how I thought his powers should work. In the end, made him an extremely accurate PL13 that can lay out just about anyone with his Bankai or Shikai and is pretty close to unhittable except by higher level characters.

And his Bankai is one of my favorites, visually. That cage of flowers and swords just looks cool.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: J-Mart: Nobody, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Byakuya Kuchiki

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Always good to see more Bleach builds, Thorp! Especially Byakuya, as he's definitely my 2nd favorite character (behind the concentrated awesome that is Gin). And I love how you did the Senka-I had a similar concept for giving Byakuya extra ranks of Speed Limited to Agile Feints, but your way is cheaper and better. I'm definitely stealing that.
Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Nobody, Toshiro Hitsugaya, Byakuya Kuchiki

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Always good to see more Bleach builds, Thorp! Especially Byakuya, as he's definitely my 2nd favorite character (behind the concentrated awesome that is Gin). And I love how you did the Senka-I had a similar concept for giving Byakuya extra ranks of Speed Limited to Agile Feints, but your way is cheaper and better. I'm definitely stealing that.

Steal away, I used a lot of your philosophy in my Bleach builds. I'm glad I can return the favor. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Another new item for our Bleach Aisle is get stocked but this time it's also for our Villains Line!

FISHBONE D
PL: 7 (84 pts) - OPL: 7 ; DPL: 7

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 2 (+9), Deception (-2), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation 7 (+5/+8) [Startle], Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (-2), Stealth 4 (+6/+0)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Startle, Tracking

POWERS:
Big Fish: Growth 6 (+6 Str, +6 Sta, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth, +3 Intimidation, Speed +0, +6 Mass; Extra: Innate); 13 pts
Hollow Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging), Protection 1, Speed 2 (8 mph), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 5 pts
Spirit Form: Concealment 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Only in human world], Permanent); 5 pts
Pesquisa: Senses 6 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Acute, Ranged, Extended]); 6 pts
Garganta: Movement 1 (Dimesional Movement [Hueco Mundo/Human World/soul Society], Extra: Portal x2 [12 ft Portal]); 4 pts
High-Speed Regeneration: Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 3 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +7]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Feeding

Abilities 20 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 36 + Defenses 12 = 84 / 84

Comments: I decided to build a few Hollows before I get into more of the Arrancar and Espada so here is Fishbone D, the first Hollow shown in the series. I was going to make him PL6 but he gave Rukia a hard time before she gave her powers up to Ichigo so I went PL7. If I actually test out that first fight or something, he may go down, but I think this is good.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm

We've got another item for Bleach Villains Line and this one is also a MINIONS R US SPECIAL!

MENOS GRANDE
PL: 8 (58 pts) - OPL: 8 ; DPL: 8

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY -2, DEXTERITY -1, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT -3, AWARENESS -2, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Deception (-2), Insight (-2), Intimidation 5 (+3/+8), Perception (-2), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Cero] 7 (+6), Stealth (-2)

ADVANTAGES:
NONE

POWERS:
Grande Size: Growth 10 (+10 Str, +10 Sta, -5 Dodge/Parry, -10 Stealth, +5 Intimidation, Speed +1, +10 Mass; Extra: Innate); 21 pts
Hollow Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pts
Pesquisa: Senses 6 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Acute, Ranged, Extended]); 6 pts
Garganta: Movement 1 (Dimesional Movement [Hueco Mundo/Human World/soul Society], Extra: Portal x2 [12 ft Portal]); 4 pts
High-Speed Regeneration: Regeneration 3 (1/every 3 rounds); 3 pts
Cero: 16 pt array; 17 pts
Cero Blast: Spirit Energy Ranged Damage 8; 16 pts
Cero Beam: Line Area Spirit Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Area Line [30 ft]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -2
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack -1
Cero +6 [Cero Blast +8]
Special Attack [Cero Beam +8, Area Line]

DEFENSES:
Dodge -4 [DC6] Parry -1 [DC9]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Feeding
Plot Device: Menos Grande can use an effect known as Negacion that allows them to surround their target with an impenetrable field which pulls them towards the Menos using the ability. This can only be used on an associated Hollow, Arrancar or other associate when not in Hueco Mundo and when they use an HP to Edit Scene

Abilities -14 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Advantages 0 + Powers 57 + Defenses 9 = 58 / 58

Comments: The Menos Grande, the first real “oh, sh*t” moment for Ichigo in his Substitute Shinigami career. These 3 to 6 story tall monsters are Hollows that have consumed many other Hollows to evolve into this form. While they are huge and hit hard, don't let the PL fool you. They are dreadfully slow and can be goon swept in mass by Captain level Shinigami and are barely a challenge for a Lt. level. But like any good minions, get enough of them in one place and you’ve got a mess of a fight on your hands.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Getting back to the good side of the Bleach-verse we've got an OH, CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN SPECIAL hitting the J-Mart shelves!

Getting caught up in style and throwing away victory is something for the lower ranks to do. Captains can't even think about doing such a carefree thing. Don't try to be a good guy. It doesn't matter who owes who. From the instant they enter into a war, both sides are evil. - Captain Shunsui Kyoraku

SHUNSUI KYORAKU
PL: 13 (259 pts) - OPL: 13 ; DPL: 13

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+10) [Agile Feint], Athletics 5 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] , Close Combat [Zanpakuto] 2 (+16), Deception 3 (+7), Expertise [Fashion] 3 (+5), Expertise [Kido] 8 (+10), Expertise [Shinigami] 11 (+13), Insight 7 (+12) [Assessment, Combat Clarity], Intimidation (+4), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 7 (+11), Ranged Combat [Shikai] 3 (+13), Stealth 3 (+8), Treatment 1 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Benefit (2) (Status 2 – Captain of Squad 8), Combat Clarity* (1), Defensive Roll (4), Diehard, Evasion (1), Fascinate (1) (Persuasion), Improved Critical (2) (Swords, Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack (5), Takedown (1), Uncanny Dodge, Withstand Damage* (1)

POWERS:
Shinigami Physiology: Immunity 1 (Aging); 1 pt
Reiryuko (Spiritual Energy): 22 pt array; 23 pts
Reiatsu Release: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Area Burst [30 ft radius], Extra: Subtle, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 22 pts
Spiritual Awareness: Senses 8 (Spiritual Awareness [Mental, Extended], Detect Spiritual Energy [Mental, Accurate, Acute, Ranged, Extended], Enhanced Advantages 1 (Assessment); 1 pt

Hoho: 12 pt Array; 13 pts
Air Walking: Flight 6 (125 mph); 12 pts
Shunpo (Flash Steps): Speed 6 (125 mph), Leaping 4 (120 ft); 1 pt

Zanjutsu: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Defense), (Quirk: Requires sword/zanpakuto); 3 pts
Zanpakuto: 6 pts traits, Extra: Restricted 2 [Shunsui only], Easily Removable (12 pts); 6 pts
Konso/Hollow Cleansing: Feature 1 (Konso allows pluses to move on to the Soul Society), Feature 1 (When destroying a Hollow, it allows them to move on to the Soul Society or Hell, depending on the life they lived); 2 pts
Katen Kyōkotsu: Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 3, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical); 4 pts

Shikai: 39 pts traits, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Quirk: Must say Release Name; 37 pts
Dual Blade Strike: Enhanced Piercing/Slashing Strength-based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improved Critical), (Extra: Split); 3 pts
Flower Wind Rage and Flower God Roar, Heavenly Wind Rage and Heavenly Demon Sneer: 34 pt array; 36 pts
Bushogoma (Lazy Spinning Top): Move Object 7 (Extra: Linked), Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Cumulative, Linked, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 34 pts
Kageoni (Shadow Demon): Concealment 2 (Extra: Shapeable Area 2 [60 ft volume]), Ranged Damage 7 (Extra: Multiattack), Teleport 4 (500 ft; Flaw: Medium [Shadows]); 1 pt
Irooni (Colorful Demon): Enhanced Piercing/Slashing Damage 2, Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Critical) (Extra: Penetrating 10, Flaw: Only on color called out by Shunsui, Side Effect [receives same damage if wearing color called out]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +14 [Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Zanpakuto +16 [Katen Kyōkotsu +8, Critical 18-20; Katen Kyōkotsu Shikai +9, Critical 17-20; Irooni +10, Critical 16-20]
Ranged Attack +10
Shikai Array +16 [Bushogoma Move Object +7; Bushogoma Affliction +10; Kageoni (Shadow Demon) +7, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Reiatsu Release +11, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +16 [DC26] Parry +16 [DC26]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
I’d rather be dancing…or drinking…: Although he can be fearsome combatant, he tries to avoid fighting if possible and generally tries to avoid conflict
Power Loss: It takes a lot of spiritual energy for Shinigami to use Bankai and Arrancar to use Resurrecion. As such, it is up to the GM to determine when and if those powers can be activated and maintaining usage of those powers can eventually lead to exhaustion and inability to utilize those powers until the users' spiritual pressure has a chance to recharge
Relationships: He is best friends with Captain Ukitake and is close to his Lieutenant Nanao Ise
Responsibility: As a Shinigami, he has the responsibility to purify hollows, lead pluses to the Soul Society and uphold the laws of the Gotei 13 as the Captain of Squad 8. Although he'd rather be drinking sake…

Abilities 92 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Advantages 25 + Powers 88 + Defenses 22 = 259 / 259

Comments: Shunsui Kyoraku is a cool customer. You know you're a bad ass when you can wear pink like he does and no one has the balls to give him crap about it...

Kyoraku is one of the oldest captain in the Court Guard Squads, along with Ukitake and Retsu, trained by old man Yammamoto himself. He's quite affable, having a smile on his face most of the time and dispenses a lot of wisdom, and also gives his lieutenant, Nanao Ise, and others a lot of crap, too. Despite his abilities, he doesn't like to fight and generally would prefer to nap and drink instead. My kinda guy. :wink:

His Shikai was hard to figure out. It's power is "to make children's games real". Not easy to decipher, but I did my best. I haven't seen his Bankai, although I heard he either shown it, or will show in this last arc.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 pm

It feels like a long time in coming, but I finally got BUILD #600!
And whenever I hit a milestone build, I always try to pick big time character to celebrate it. This time, I went the other direction in size, but certainly not in personality. Check out this J-Mart Favorite item!

Tyrion Lannister: Let me tell you something, Bastard. Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.
Jon Snow: What the hell do you know about being a bastard?
Tyrion Lannister: ...All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyrion Lannister: [to Joffrey] She's to be your queen. Have you no regard for her honor?
Joffrey Baratheon: I'm punishing her.
Tyrion Lannister: For what crimes? She's not fighting her brother's battle, you halfwit.
Joffrey Baratheon: You can't talk to me like that. The king can do as he likes!
Tyrion Lannister: The mad king did as he liked. Has your uncle Jaime ever told you what happened to him?
Meryn Trant: No one threatens his grace in the presence of the Kingsguard!
Tyrion Lannister: I'm not threatening the king, Ser, I'm educating my nephew.
Tyrion Lannister: [to Bronn] Bronn, the next time the Ser Meryn speaks, kill him.
[Back to Ser Meryn]
Tyrion Lannister: THAT was a threat. See the difference?

TYRION LANNISTER
PL: 5 (87 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA -1, AGILITY -1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception 13 (+13) [Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Current Event] 3 (+8), Expertise [King’s Landing] 10 (+15), Expertise [Nobility] 5 (+10), Expertise [Politics] 7 (+12), Insight 7 (+11), Intimidation 3 (+3/+1), Investigation 6 (+11) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 3 (+7), Persuasion 5 (+5), Stealth (-1/+3)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (6) (Status – House of Lannister, Lannister Resources, Hand of the King), Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Inspiration) (1), Set-Up (1), Taunt, Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Dwarf: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate); 9 pts
More Wine: Immunity 1 (Intoxication, Flaw: Uncontrolled); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative -1
Close Attack +3 [Unarmed -1]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness -1, Fortitude +3, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Even though he appears quite confident, he still craves acceptance as a Lannister
Addiction: He likes his wine and women. A LOT…
Daddy Issues: His father blames him for his mother's death and Tyrion still craves his acceptance, no matter how hard he wants to deny it
Disability: His small stature makes it difficult for him to travers long distances, he tires easily and requires special accommodations to ride horses and such
Enemy: Most of the inner circle of King's Landing, including his sister most of the time
Pain In The Ass: His sometimes TOO quick wit, intelligence and…well…Lannister-ness can cause people to want to hurt him or worse
Prejudice: Dwarf
Relationships: His companion, Shae
Reputation: The Imp, Demon Monkey (giggle), drunken whoremonger, puppeteer behind the King
Responsibility: To the House of Lannister and the Iron Throne
Sibling Rivalry: Cersei blames him for her mother's death and for sending her daughter to be married off, even though he did it with good intent

Abilities 20 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 10 + Defenses 12 = 87 / 87

Comments: For #600, I had to go with my favorite character and obvious breakout character and (current, you don’t know how long characters are going to make it in that show, which is why I love it) star of Game of Thrones, Tyrion Lannister, played by the wonderful Peter Dinklage. Also known as The Imp, Tyrion is the 3rd child of Lord Tywin Lannister, the richest, and therefore actually the most powerful man in Westeros regardless of who is king. Tyrion’s mother died during childbirth, which his sister, Cersei, who is married to King Robert Baratheon, and his father both resent him for. His brother, Jamie, and he seem to have a fairly civil relationship as Jamie, wanting to ensure that Tyrion did not miss dinner with the Starks during their trip to Winterfell, sent him a night’s worth of whores at one time, just to move things along. Funny stuff.

Because he is a dwarf, he has been subjected to many prejudices and slights despite his lineage. However, because of that, while Jamie became one of the best swordsmen in the Seven Kingdoms, Tyrion turned his mind into a weapon, and what a weapon it is. He has outsmarted pretty much everyone in the series so far, but that obviously won’t last since his sister is out to get him big-time and she’s a manipulator of the highest order. Tyrion initially comes off as a drunken whoremonger (and he is) but he is so much more than that. He knows how to play the King’s Landing game as well, if not better than anyone except his sister, but he has shown great compassion towards several characters that you wouldn’t think he would and he truly seems to have the best interest of the realm at heart once he takes over as the new Hand of the King after Ned has vacated the role.

As a build, he is all about the interaction skills and just knowing more about everything than everybody else. For the setting, he has shown himself to be a passable fighter for his size but in a true battle, he has to use his brains to survive. I hope that continues as long as the show is on because he the one character I can’t see them replacing.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Shunsui Kyoraku, BUILD #600 - Tyrion Lannister

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Yes! Hurray for Tyrion. Easily my favorite character from A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones. I was going to say that 0 Presence seems wrong but then I thought about it. Nobody gives the Imp any recognition or attention until after his runs his mouth for a bit. Makes perfect sense to buy up his impressive social skills apart from the base ability. Nice job, Thorp! Any more not anime builds coming?
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby scc » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Great Tyrion Thorp! I am not sure if there is a better character on TV, well HBO. He is great in every scene he is in.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Gazman wrote:Yes! Hurray for Tyrion. Easily my favorite character from A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones. I was going to say that 0 Presence seems wrong but then I thought about it. Nobody gives the Imp any recognition or attention until after his runs his mouth for a bit. Makes perfect sense to buy up his impressive social skills apart from the base ability. Nice job, Thorp! Any more not anime builds coming?

Thanks, Gazman (and scc :)), I completely agree. Dinklage PWNS that show.

As far as non-anime builds, yes. I do have a couple more Bleach builds to drop soon enough, but I plan on moving on to different things for a while. I've got some cosmic Marvel builds, some Gotham stuff, and some New 52 stuff I'm working on. I also have a fun set of builds in mind (at least for me) just to keep things interesting.

Hopefully November is kinder to me than October has been in terms of time, but I'm not counting on it. Still, I'll keep dropping a few builds a week through the holiday season and maybe in MAN-uary, I will crank out a ton. 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Gazman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Thorpacolypse wrote:Thanks, Gazman (and scc :)), I completely agree. Dinklage PWNS that show.

Of course he does. He's from Jersey. 8)
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Moving on to the next hundred, we've got a new J-Mart Favorite item for Aisle 2!

Nova: I remember you said to me once, you said...'if death ever comes your way and won't let you pass...make sure you scream right back in his face.'
Star-Lord: I said that?
Nova: You did.
Star- Lord: Rich, you really shouldn't trust anything I say. Most of the time, I just make stuff up.

STAR-LORD
PL: 10 (173 pts) - OPL: 10 ; DPL: 10

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+7), Athletics 4 (+7), Deception 8 (+12), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 7 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+12), Insight 7 (+11) [Assessment], Intimidation 3 (+7), Investigation 4 (+7), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 4 (+9), Technology 6 (+9), Vehicles 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Assessment, Combat Leader*, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (6), Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Luck (Inspiration) (1), Power Attack, Ranged Attack (3), Quick Draw, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Star-Lord Suit: 22 pts, Removable (-4 pts); 18 pts
Helmet: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Infravision, Darkvision), Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 10 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Self Contained Environment: Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Suffocation), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Zero-G]); 9 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Twin Kree Machine Guns: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 8, Split; 25 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +8
Guns +12 [Blasters +8, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+7 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: It's been noted that he's racked up over 35,000 kills. That's not something people overlook…
Responsibility: To protect the universe.
Secret: He refuses to talk about his past with anyone, ergo, there's a thing or two he'd like to stay buried.

Abilities 76 + Skills 38 (76 ranks) + Advantages 20 + Powers 18 + Defenses 21 = 173 / 173

Build Comments: After Jab’s epic cosmic Marvel run a little bit ago, I finally broke down and bought my FIRST digital comic, Annihilation, since I couldn’t find a hard copy anywhere for a reasonable price. Loved it. Haven’t gotten all the side books with more detail about Nova, the Surfer and others, but I will get to them. I liked it so much, I downloaded Annhiliation: Conquest for some more Cosmic Marvel fun and I liked it, too, just not as much as Annihilation. Probably because of the lack of Nova until the end.

But I did realize one thing. Star-Lord rocks the house. The whole universal house. They did a wonderful job of resurrecting his character and making him a player on the cosmic scene is a snarky, universe-weary right hand man of Nova in Annihilation and then the leader of the new Guardians of the Galaxy in the Conquest and in the series that came out of it. Which of course, I downloaded the first two issues of and it’s fun as well. I fought myself on Peter’s PL which I originally had at PL11 only on Dodge defense, but I took him back to PL10 since I had to think of things in a Thorpacoverse holistic view and I couldn’t see him being a higher PL than Nightwing, even though they roll in different circles.

I kinda hate to start dropping Cosmic Marvel builds so soon after Jab did them, but since I’m all hopped up on Cosmic Marvel juice right now, I figured I might as well hack on.

Secret Origins: Peter Quill, alias Star-Lord was born during an unusual astronomical phenomenon when many of the planets aligned. Seeing no resemblance, the man who believed he was Quill's father angrily accused his wife Meredith of infidelity and attempted to kill the infant, but died of a sudden heart attack. Quill was raised by his single mother, Meredith.

One day Peter returned home, bruised from trying to stop a bully. As he was washing up for dinner, his mother saw a bright light and two aliens emerged. Vowing to end the 'Spartoi bloodline', they killed Meredith. After Quill saw the aliens and his dead mother, he panicked and ran. As the aliens pursued, he grabbed a shotgun and managed to kill them with it. He then found a mysterious device in a closet. Seeing a bright light he flew the house, just before the alien ship destroyed it.

Quill was placed in an orphanage but escaped and eventually became a trainee NASA astronaut. An alien entity called the Master of the Sun eventually visited the space station that Quill and other astronauts were currently inhabiting, and offered the mantle of Star Lord (an interplanetary policeman) to a worthy candidate, Quill volunteered, but was rejected in favor of a colleague he once treated badly.

The Story so Far: Quill was outraged, and NASA ordered his return to Earth and discharge for his conduct. Peter, however, stole a scoutship, and on returning to the space station took his colleague's place. Quill was then chosen to become Star-Lord, with the Master of the Sun first creating an illusion in which he was able to find and kill the aliens that murdered his mother to free him of his past. Equipped with a sentient vessel called "Ship", Quill commenced his role as Star-Lord.

It was later revealed that Peter Quill's father is Jason of Spartax, the second son of the galactic Emperor who acted as Star-Lord before him.

Star-Lord encountered the former Herald of Galactus the Fallen One and was almost killed defeating the entity (Star-Lord's vessel "Ship" was destroyed in the conflict). The pair were subsequently imprisoned in the intergalactic prison the Kyln. Star-Lord was freed by the hero Nova during the Annihilation and aided in the war against villain Annihilus. He later acted as military adviser to the Kree general Ronan the Accuser against the invading alien race the Phalanx. When the Kree homeworld of Hala was conquered by the Phalanx, he led a band of rebels against the invaders until the war was over.

After Ultron and the Phalanx were defeated, Star-Lord formed the new Guardians of the Galaxy. The universe was in a very fragile state after the two Annihilation events and fissures in reality were beginning to form and spread. In order to prevent the collapse of the universe he had Mantis telepathically nudge Adam Warlock, Phyla-Vell, Rocket Raccoon, Drax and Gamora into joining his team. This motley crew set up base in the severed head of a Celestial called Knowhere. When Star-Lord's deception was found out everyone but Mantis quit the team in disgust and sat off on their own quests.

Star-Lord responded to a Kree summons and returned to the Kree homeworld to speak with Ronan. Upon arrival he is shocked to see that they are rebuilding the Phalanx Spire to protect Kree space, he argued with Ronan and then he was thrown into the Negative Zone. He was then forced into helping the newly appointed ruler of the Negative Zone, King Blastaar, into taking over the Super Prison 42 so he could gain access to their portal to earth.

Star-Lord was then sent into 42 to convince them to open the door and surrender. Once inside he spoke with the unofficial leaders of 42 and told them not to surrender but only Jack Flag agreed with him, they tried to stop them but the doors were opened and Blastaar's army was unleashed; after learning of his betrayal Blastaar sent his men to find and kill Starlord. Running for their lives Star-Lord and Jack Flag located a telepath in 42 to ask the Guardians for help and they were able to escape before being killed by Blastaar.

Once he returned to Knowhere, he found that Rocket had assembled a new team, consisting of Major Victory, Bug, Groot and Mantis. Eventually, the other members returned as well, Adam and Gamora returning in order to still help the universe, and Drax and Phyla returning with the newly resurrected Moondragon.

Their first order was to split up and attempt to end the War of Kings, which would cause irreparable damage to the fabric of the universe. Peter led his team to Hala to speak with the Inhumans. Even after telling them the dangers of their war, they refused. Phyla, who now called herself Martyr, had other ideas of negotiating and took Crystal hostage. Star-Lord could not get her to release her prisoner and they were teleported back to Knowhere.

Upon their return, they soon found themselves in the middle of a battle with the Inhumans and the Imperial Guard, who had followed the other team back. After rescuing Crystal, the Inhumans left and the Guardians were left to face the Imperial Guard, who wished to take over the station. In the process of the battle, Starhawk escaped her captivity and took Star-Lord, Mantis, Bug, Jack Flag and Cosmo to her future.

In Starhawk's bleak future, she was finally able to convince them what she had been saying all along was true. A massive fissure was consuming the universe, and it had to be stopped. The two Guardians teams worked together to try to send a message back through time to warn that the fissure, known as the Fault, was actually caused during the War of Kings by Black Bolt.

With their time machine broken, they formed a new plan. The Badoon, who now ruled what little was left of the universe, had enslaved the Celestials and created what was called the Celestial Engine, used to keep the fissure at bay. They send back their message and break the alignment of the Celestial Engine, causing the destruction of this future.

To Star-Lord's surprise, this did not kill them. They found themselves in a different time with a different set of Guardians. Another surprise: he was old enough to be his own grandfather. The Starhawk of this future received messages from his previous selves and learned the truth. The team was adrift in time, which was causing their changes as well. They formed a plan to find a time machine under Avengers Mansion, but once they got there they slipped through time once again. And again. And again. They finally arrived at an alternate future, one ruled by the Magus and the Universal Church of Truth. While battling the members of the Church, they had an unexpected guest: Kang the Conqueror. He returned them to their normal states and took them to his headquarters in limbo. He explained that all futures were becoming Magus futures and it was up to Star-Lord to stop this from happening.

Kang gave Peter a Cosmic Cube and told him that future must be saved at all costs. They were sent back to moments before Adam would turn into the Magus while repairing the Fault. Star-Lord tried to talk to Adam, but the damage had been done. He had overlapped the time lines and essentially he had been the Magus for months.

Adam transformed and began his battle with the Guardians, who were all reunited. After Magus killed Major Victory, Mantis, Cosmo, Gamora and Phyla, Star-Lord was finally able to grab the Cube and use it to revert the Magus back to Adam. Adam told him that he must finish him, and to his own regret, Star-Lord shot and killed his friend. The universe had been saved, but the price was very high.

Adam managed to avoid death however and Magus continued in his service to his Lord Mar-Vell, a Mar-Vell from a universe where death had lost and life had triumphed, resulting in a universe of immortal monsters. When the denizens of Lord Mar-Vels universe, the Cancerverse came out of the fault in order to consume the 5150 universe as well, Peter Quill, together with the rest of the Guardians, Nova and Thanos traveled into the Cancerverse in order to stop Mar-Vel and the Old Ones whom Mar-Vell served. Drax however was driven mad due to the fact that he was an avatar of life in a universe where life had triumphed, and tried to kill Thanos who in turn vaporized him. The Guardians and Thanos met up with the Machine Resistance, the unliving robotic denizens of the Cancerverse who had been immune to Mar-Vell’s conversion of his universe and had fought to stop him ever since. They informed Thanos and the Guardians that Mar-Vell was planning a Necropsy, in which he would kill the Avatar of Death (Thanos) thus killing Death itself. Thanos seemed to betray the Guardians when he submitted to Mar-Vell, but when Mar-Vell ran him through with a sword, Death appeared and due to being summoned by Thanos killed the entire Cancerverse and forced the Old Ones into a coma that would last a very long time. Death however refused to take Thanos with her and he flew into a rage, vowing to destroy the Universe. Peter and Nova however, volunteered to distract him, managing to keep him in the Cancerverse long enough for it to collapse and kill all three of them. The survivors hailed Peter and Nova as heroes and a statue was erected in their honor on Kree-Lar.

Through difficult ways, Star-Lord managed to escape from the Cancerverse and returned with the Guardians of the Galaxy in a new costume similar to his first, it is unknown if Nova has survived as well. Along the rest of his team, he aided the Avengers in fighting the returned Thanos. Thanos managed to get a Cosmic Cube from the Army, with which he escaped to Moord, the homeland of the Badoon. The Guardians arrived at Avengers Tower and informed the Avengers about the situation. They joined the Guardians in fighting Thanos and the Badoon. After Thanos apparently killed the Elders of the Universe, to impose his supremacy, he became one with the Cosmic Cube and did the killed the Avengers and the Guardians as well. But actually, they were sent to the Cancerverse along the Elders, there, Tony Stark found that Thanos' weapon wasn't actually a Cosmic Cube and that it had defects. They bargained with the Collector, in exchange of a weapon capable of deactivating the "Cube" and return to Earth, the Avengers and the Guardians would let Thanos be defeated by the Elders. With the help of other members of the Avengers, Thanos was defeated and sent to punishment by the Elders.

Characterization: Star-Lord is one of the universe’s greatest heroes. What he lacks in power he makes up for in charisma, ingenuity and guts, making him a great leader and a far more formidable foe than he appears.

Friends and Foes: He is close to his Guardians teammates. He has run afoul of several cosmic villains, like Thanos, Blastaar and the Badoon who all want to see him dead.
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-Mart: Shunsui Kyoraku, Tyrion Lannister, Star-Lord

Postby Batgirl III » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Those "blaster pistols" sure do pump out a lot of spent shell casings... Oh, silly artists. :roll:
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ClassDunce » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Batgirl III wrote:Those "blaster pistols" sure do pump out a lot of spent shell casings... Oh, silly artists. :roll:

They're obviously for cooling purposes just like in the Mass Effect universe. Blaster pistols put out an extreme amount of heat... yeah that's it. Plus it looks more dynamic...
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer
ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:13 am

Actually they had normal earth guns at one story arc while taking on the Marvel's version of the borg.
They were afraid that the baddies would be able to track them, or make their guns inoperative if they were made with advanced technology.

So of course they run into a group who didn't give up their fancy ray guns and strangely all their worst fears are realized.

... Plus it just looks cool. ;~)
Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call