Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

J-Mart: GL Two-Six, GL Jruk, GL Jack T. Chance, Ape stuff

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: J-Mart: Ka-Zar, Quicksilver, Fantomex

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Sidious wrote:For some reason I just can't stand Fantomex. Maybe it's the whole french thing.

Same here, but I know why. It's because he's the very symbol of E for Extinction, the storyline that completly killed my interest in the X-Men.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Gazman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Sidious wrote:For some reason I just can't stand Fantomex. Maybe it's the whole french thing.

Same here, but I know why. It's because he's the very symbol of E for Extinction, the storyline that completly killed my interest in the X-Men.

Never read it. Maybe that's why I think Fantomex is hilarious and awesome.
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Gazman wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:

Never read it. Maybe that's why I think Fantomex is hilarious and awesome.

To quickly summarize:
  • Every evolutionary step comes with an expiration date
  • No matter what, the homo sapiens will completly disappear by the end of 21st century
  • The whole seconday mutations deal was introduced (leonine Beast, Emma becoming a diamond etc.)
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:09 am

I think it's funny that he only speaks in a French accent because he found that it does annoy people. Apparently he was on to something. :D

I never the E for Extinction arc either. I never minded the secondary mutations much, although it did take me while to come around to Beast's new look.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:31 pm

This build needs no introduction. Bask in the awesomeness of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ405zLNnIQ

Raj: You slipped and fell into a robot hand?
Wolowitz: Yes.
Raj: Penis first?
Wolowitz: Yes. Now help me!
Leonard: I'd suggest a lubricant, but I have a feeling you fell on some of that as well.

HOWARD WOLOWITZ
PL: 5 (46 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA -1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 1, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise [Engineering] 10 (+15), Expertise [Magic Tricks]) 2 (+7), Expertise [Mathematics] 8 (+13), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 5 (+10), Perception 2 (+2), Persuasion 1 (+1), Technology 8 (+13), Vehicles 1 (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (NASA Clearance), Equipment (2), Inventor, Languages (3) (French, Mandarin, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, Klingon, some Elvish, sign language, Japanese, Binary-coded ASCII, Base: English)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(10ep)
Smart Phone: Cell phone, PDA, Camera; 3ep
Vehicle: (5ep)
Vespa Scooter: Size - S, Strength - 3, Speed - 4, Def - 8, Tough - 6; 5ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +1 [Unarmed -1]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +3 [DC13] Parry +3 [DC13]
Toughness -1, Fortitude +1, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Addiction: Up until he met Bernadette, it was trying to have sex with ANY woman he could find. But she has taken care of that...somewhat…
Disability: Howard is extremely allergic to peanuts and it actually could be fatal if left untreated
Mommy Issues: Howard still lives with his mother and has a…well, a little too close not to be creepy at times, relationship with her
Prejudice: Being the only member of their group without his doctorate, he is often belittled for it
Relationships: His wife, Bernadette, his mother, and his friends, particularly Raj

Abilities 8 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 0 + Defenses 10 = 46 / 46

Comments: The playa himself, Howard Wolowitz. Hard to believe Bernadette tamed the wild beast, but if I had a shot at Melissa Rauch, I guess I’d become a one woman man, too. Still, the style, the swagger, the living with his mother...he's an icon.

But you can’t talk about Wolowitz without mentioning his mother, and the running joke of her voice from offscreen saying inappropriate things and being the over the top stereotypical Jewish mother are just great. I hope they NEVER show her, it would completely ruin the effect. And when Bernadette imitates her, OMG, it's classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkR5eStYnNQ
Last edited by Thorpacolypse on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Much like the previous build, this one needs little introduction, but just in case there's women around I'll do it since he's a bit incapable unless there is alcohol around. Which we don't serve at J-Mart on Sundays, so...check this out this new build from Big Bang Line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmKuAe5MgxM

Raj: But e-excuse me, I have something to say. None of you may realize it, but I was very much looking forward to this weekend. It was gonna be like the old days -- the four of us hanging out, playing video games, before you guys all got girlfriends. Do you have any idea what its like to the be the only one without a girlfriend? Even if I get one someday, I'll still be the guy who got a girl AFTER SHELDON COOPER!
Penny: And THAT'S how a girl makes a scene, Amy...

Penny (referring to Raj): God, he's an ass when he drinks.
Wolowitz: He's an ass when he doesn't. You just don't hear it.

DOCTOR RAJESH KOOTHRAPPALI
PL: 5 (34 pts) - OPL: 5 ; DPL: 5

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA 0, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -1

SKILLS: Athletics (-1), Deception (-1), Expertise [Indian Culture] 1 (+6), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 10 (+15), Insight 1 (+2), Intimidation (-1), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (-1), Stealth (+1), Technology 4 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3), Equipment (3), Languages (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(15ep)
Smart Phone: Cell phone, PDA, Camera; 3ep
Vehicle: (10ep)
Mid-Size Car: Size - L, Strength - 5, Speed - 5, Def - 8, Tough - 8; 10ep

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +0 [Unarmed -1]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +2 [DC12] Parry +2 [DC12]
Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Raj has a form of selective mutism which makes him unable to talk to women outside of his family without the being under the influence of alcohol or using social anxiety medication
Hatred: Indian Food
Motivation: Keeping his work visa so he can stay in the US because he thinks India is too hot and there's too many people
Naïve: Raj can be taken in easily due to his trusting nature and his lack of knowledge of American culture
Pain In The Ass: When he drinks, he can be pretty obnoxious
Relationships: He tries to please his parents (mainly so they don't cut him off), he is very protective of his sister, Priya and he is close (some think a liiiiiiiiiiiittle too close) to his best friend, Howard Wolowitz. He is also a little too intimate with his SIRI
Rivalry: Aquaman

Abilities 10 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 0 + Defenses 7 = 34 / 34

Comments: Raj…so much to say about him, so little will to type it all… :wink:

Raj is a great character on the show because he is a great sidekick. He is very loyal to Howard and really gets some of the best lines in the show with his griping about Indian food, how he doesn’t want to go back to India because it’s too hot and crowded, and his assholicness when he starts drinking. Of course, he HAS to drink because that’s the only time he can talk to women but then he says quite inappropriate stuff after drinking. And I had to link his Bollywood dance with Bernadette, I kept playing it over and over on my DVR after seeing the first time. It’s great stuff.
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: J-MART WANTS PIRATES, ME MATEYS!

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 pm

AVAST YE SCURVY DOGS!

Tomorrow be International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Mind the link, me boyos and lassies:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

As such, we be lookin' for the finest 3E pirate builds ya got! Be they real life pirates, Cap'n Hook, Cap'n Feathersword (me personal favorite :)) or whoever, we want to celebrate the day with a whole mess a' piratey builds! I might even whip one or two scallywags up me self!

And whether ye post a pirate build or not, remember to annoy your friends and family with as much pirate talk and arrrrrrrrrrr puns as ye can! But be careful not to get into any arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrguments! HAR-HAR!
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:57 pm

AVAST, me harties: Have ye a happy speak like a pirate day me salty sea dogs. Arrrrrrrrr!
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Leatherwing
PL 9

Abilities
Strength 4,
Stamina 4,
Agility 7,
Dexterity 7,
Fighting 7,
Intellect 5,
Awareness 5,
Presence 5

Powers

Equipment
HQ - Vespertilo Cay
Large Caves: Feature 2, Toughness: Feature 10, Concealed, Isolated: Feature 1, Dock, Living Space: Feature 2, Infirmary, Holding Cells: Feature 2, Laboratory: 1
The Flying Fox
Huge Vehicle: Feature 3, Open Sails: Speed 3 [Quirk/ Complication - at the mercy of the weather], Vehicle Traits: Feature 22 [Strength 10, Defense 8, Toughness 6], Cannons: Damage 8, Holding Cells: Feature 1
Standard Equipment
Cutlass (Dmg 3, slashing, 19-20 crit) (4 ep), Flintlock Pistols (Rngd Dmg 3, 20 crit) (6 ep), Dagger (Dmg 1, piercing, 19-20 crit) (2 ep)"

Advantages
Assessment,
Benefit 3 [Title/ Wealth],
Close Attack 2,
Defensive Attack,
Defensive Roll 2,
Equipment 15,
Evasion 1,
Fearless
Hide in Plain Sight,
Improved Initiative 1,
Instant Up,
Inventor
Languages 4,
Leadership
Move-by Action,
Skill Mastery [Intimidation],
Startle,
Takedown,
Tracking,
Well-Informed,

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+15),
Athletics 11 (+15),
Close Combat: Sword Fighting 5 (+14),
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+11),
Deception 8 (+13),
Expertise: Navigation 13 (+18),
Expertise: Heraldry 6 (+11)
Insight 8 (+13),
Intimidation 9 (+14),
Investigation 8 (+13),
Perception 8 (+13),
Persuasion 5 (+10),
Ranged Combat: Pistols 1 (+8),
Stealth 9 (+16),
Technology 3 (+8),
Treatment 5 (+10),
Vehicles 3 (+10)

Offense
Cutlass +14, Damage 4
Unarmed +11, Damage 4
Flintlock Pistol +8, Damage 6
Dagger +14, Damage 2

Defense
Dodge 12,
Parry 12
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 4),
Fortitude 9,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 88 + Powers 0 + Advantages 41 + Skills 56 + Defenses 19 = Total 204

Complications
Enemy - The Laughing Man
Secret Identity - ""I do not take up the guise of Leatherwing to amuse the pimps and posers of the governer's court. I have to protect the name of my father.""
Reputation - Freebooter/ Pirate

Design Notes
:arrow: Hey Thorp ! You hear about the latest pirate movie? It's rated Arrrr !
:arrow: Here's a build for your Pirate Day. Basically DCU Bats modified to ride a big sailboat and have a cave in a cove instead of the Batcave.
:arrow: Best thing about this issue... he was ALWAYS called Leatherwing. No batmotif other than the ears on the cowl. And the Laughing Man was downright creepy.

Last edited by Bladewind on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:43 am

But, I don't know Somali.
Over a thousand DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net
Earth-Two_Kenn
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby scc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Awesome Big Bang Theory builds Thorp. I just started watching that show. Why it took me so long I will never know.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Gazman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Captain Jack Sparrow - PL 7 Captain of the Black Pearl

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 7, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 4

Advantages
Benefit 2: Pirate Lord of the Caribbean Sea, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 8, Fascinate (Deception), Improved Disarm, Inspire, Jack-of-all-trades, Leadership, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Redirect, Skill Mastery: Deception, Skill Mastery: Expertise: Pirate Captain, Taunt, Weapon Bind

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat: Sword 3 (+10), Deception 10 (+14), Expertise: Pirate Captain 12 (+14), Insight 6 (+7), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Light Pistol 3 (+7), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Powers
Magic Compass (Removable)
. . Magic Compass: Senses 5 (Detect: Desire (Mental) 2: ranged, Direction Sense, Tracking: Detect 2: full speed; Limited: to Holder's Deepest Desire [4 ranks only])

Personal Affects
Arsenal (Flintlock Pistol, Cutlass), Leather Armor, The Black Pearl

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 11)
Flintlock Pistol, +7 (DC 18)
Cutlass, +10 (DC 19)
Throw, +4 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 16)

Complications
Addiction: But why is the rum gone?
Honor: Parley?
Motivation: Thrills: Now... bring me that horizon.
Quirk: Captain. Captain Jack Sparrow / Nautical Terminology
Reputation: You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of.

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 7, Toughness 5/2, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 50 + Powers 2 + Advantages 29 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 130

--------------------

The Black Pearl - Strength 12, Defense -6, Toughness 11, Size Gargantuan

Features:
Crew 1

Powers
Very Fast. Nigh Uncatchable: Swimming 5 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Equipment
Cannons [Cannon Fire: Burst Area Damage 7, DC 22; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Extended Range, Increased Range: ranged]

Offense
Cannon Fire: Burst Area Damage 7 (DC 22)

Power Points
Abilities 3 + Powers 5 + Advantages 0 + Features 1 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 0 + Equipment 22 (22 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 31
Gazman
Zealot
Zealot

Postby jspade » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Captain SquidPL 8
    Abilities
    STR 3, STA 2, AGL 3, DEX 2, FGT 7, INT 1, AWE 1, PRE 2

Powers
    Aquatic: Immunity 3 (Environmental Cold, Drowning, Pressure), Movement 1 (Evnironmental Adaption – Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) • 6 points

Mouth-Tentacles: Extra Arms 10 • 11 points

Ink Spray: Affliction 9 (Dodge; Impaired, Disabled, Unaware), Limited to Vision, Reach 2 • 6 points

Pirate with a squid for a head!: Enhanced Skill (Intimidation 4) • 2 points

Swimming: Swimming 4 (8 mph) • 3 points

Advantages
    Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 7, Inspire 2, Startle

Skills
    Close Combat: Grapple +6 (+13), Expertise: Sailor 4 (+6), Intimidation 4 (+10) [Pirate with a squid for a head!, Startle], Persuasion 3 (+5), Ranged Combat: Crossbow 11 (+13), Vehicles 6 (+9)

Equipment
    Crossbow Pistols: Ranged Damage 3, Improved Critical • 4 points

Squid Cove: Medium, TOU 8. Features: Dock, Secret (DC 20), Workshop • 3 points

Squid-sub Kraken: Gargantuan, STR 13, TOU 11, DEF 4, Water speed 5. Features: Living Space, Navigation System, Tentacles (Elongation 3, Extra Limbs 4), Senses 1 (Accurate Hearing), Impervious Toughness 5 • 24 points

Offense
    Init +2, Grab +13 (Grab +3-8), Ink Jet +7 (Affliction 9, DC 19), Pistols +13 (DC 18)

Defenses
    Dodge 10, Parry 12, Will 6, Fort 6, Toughness 4/2*

Power Points
    Abilities 42 + Powers 28 + Advantages 12 + Skills 17 + Defenses 21 = Total 120 points

Complications
    Motivation: Aceptance (he has a squid for a head) and greed.

Prejudice: People who roll their "r"s this much don't get to work at McDonalds.

Piratical, Arrr.: Captain Squidd be a pirate, matey! Arrr!

Notes
    :idea: He's a pirate! With a squid for a head! This is much cooler fighting Aquaman than Johnny Depp.

:idea: Captain Squidd's only had one appearance, and that in a comic I don't own, but he's just such a perfect concept I had to write him up. The sub is pure speculation, but if I get to pit him against my PCs it'll be prefect.

:idea: Throw in some generic criminals with cutlasses for his crew, and he's ready to plunder.
    Jack of Spades' Builds
    jspade
    Collaborator
    Collaborator

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm

Fine job, my hearties! Between me work cap'n and me home cap'n, I been stuck in the bilge and didn't get any pirates done meself. Although we had a fine scallywag celebration on me vessel so it at least that didn't get scuttled!
    Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
    Cosmic Entity
    Cosmic Entity

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks again for the pirates, mateys! Now it's time to get back to our usual work and we've got this new item for Aisle 1 and it's another WILD AT HEART SPECIAL!

The Weather forecast calls for...cool...

JACKSON KING
    PL: 11 (223 pts) - OPL: 11 ; DPL: 11

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Bureacracy] 6 (+10), Expertise [Civics] 6 (+10), Expertise [Tactics] 6 (+10), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation 5 (+9), Investigation 7 (+11) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+12) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Guns] 5 (+11), Stealth 4 (+7), Technology 4 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (3) (Status – Stormwatch Weatherman), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (5), Improved Initiative (1), Inspire (1), Leadership, Ranged Attack (3), Takedown (1), Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
    Illusory Guise: Feature 1 (You can project an illusion that you are wearing a costume or uniform, allowing you to “change” instantly [as a free action] without any need to carry other clothing); 1 pt
    Psionic Array: 45 pt Dynamic array; 53 pts
    Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 11 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Dynamic); 45 pts
    Telepathy: Mind Reading 11, Communication 3 (Mental, Small Nation; Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 1 pt
    Mind Control: Perception Ranged Affliction 11 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Cumulative, Subtle); 2 pts
    Telekinesis: Perception Ranged Move Object 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
    Telekinetic Blast: Perception Ranged Damage 11 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Weatherman Tech: 18 pts traits, Removable (-4 pts); 14 pts
    Cybernetic Headset: Senses 2 (Communication Link [Radio, Stormwatch Database], Radio), Communication 4 (Radio, Worldwide); 18 pts

EQUIPMENT:
    (25ep)
    Headquarters: (25ep)
    Skywatch: Size - Colossal, Toughness - 20 Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Teleport (Affects Others); 25ep

OFFENSE:
    Initiative +7
    Close Attack +8
    Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +3]
    Ranged Attack +6
    Guns +11
    Special Attack [Mental Blast +11, Perception; Telekinesis +11, Perception; Telekinetic Blast +11, Perception;]

DEFENSES:
    Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
    Toughness +6, Fortitude +9, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
    Big Shoes to Fill: Jackson generally handles his Weatherman responsibilities well, but he is sometimes overwhelmed by the magnitude of his position
    Enemy: Henry Bendix, the original Weatherman
    Relationships: His long-time girlfriend, Christine Trelane, his brother Malcolm and his mentor, Charles Xavier
    Responsibility: Being the leader of Stormwatch and the primary link between the superhero community and the world's governments

Abilities 64 + Skills 41 (82 ranks) + Advantages 22 + Powers 68 + Defenses 28 = 223 / 223

Comments: I’m waiting for Jackson King’s inclusion in the new DCU since he was a mainstay of the original Wildstorm universe. I think he’d be a nice inclusion in the Justice League, actually, since they are short a telepath since J’onn is with the Stormwatch.

Jackson is a telepath/telekinetic that originally was pretty 90-fied, with his telekinesis being focused and fired through some big ass guns and being a cranky field leader type. Over time, his character morphed a bit into a more congenial leader, great tactician and a well-respected leader in the superhero community. I built him where he was around the end of The Monarchy phase power-wise, but I added his Weatherman gear since I want him as the Weatherman for my setting(s).
    Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
    Cosmic Entity
    Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call