Phil's Marvel 3E (Captain America builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (The Punisher Robot)

Postby scc » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Nice Punisher. I thought about building him before but never got around to it. So with it's immunity it cannot be moved then? Or would enhanced strength limited to being moved be better? I am not sure. The build is solid though. I am pretty sure it is a living creature, though maybe not living like we understand it. First time I have seen the Punisher Robot on this site. Good job.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 pm

scc wrote:Nice Punisher. I thought about building him before but never got around to it. So with it's immunity it cannot be moved then? Or would enhanced strength limited to being moved be better? I am not sure. The build is solid though. I am pretty sure it is a living creature, though maybe not living like we understand it. First time I have seen the Punisher Robot on this site. Good job.

Thanks for the kind words. I could have used the limited Enhanced Strength option and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the first method I approached it with. I figured though that since knockback is approached as a complication without hard and fast rules in 3E a blanket all-or-nothing immunity was a more straightforward solution. The enhanced strength option would have been around the same cost anyway.

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby BlindPugh » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 am

That's awesome, thank you. :D

Unless you already know what you want to work on next I'd be interested in your take on Ape X. Not the Squadron Supreme one this one
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:07 am

BlindPugh wrote:That's awesome, thank you. :D

Unless you already know what you want to work on next I'd be interested in your take on Ape X. Not the Squadron Supreme one this one

I haven't looked at any of the Marvel Apes stuff, but I just looked at Wikipedia and properly laughed out loud at this guy's description. Monkey is officially my favourite word in the English language and this guy sounds like a brilliant monkey :)

Can't promise anything anytime soon, but after reading that description I'm going to try and get the comics... Luchador monkey gorillas are definitely an option!

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby BlindPugh » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 am

Cool :)
Thanks for considering it, seeing you're open for requests just made me want to ask for all the people I've never seen statted.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:47 pm

The Human Torch II

Power Level: 12

Abilities: Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+9), Deception 5 (+8), Expertise (Cars) 8 (+9), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidate 2 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+8), Ranged Combat (Fire Control) 4 (+11), Technology 6 (+7), Vehicles 8 (+12)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Favoured Environment (Aerial), Move-by Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack 3, Teamwork, Taunt

Powers:
Fireproof: Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) • 10 points
Flame On: Damage 6 (Reaction, Precise), Flight 7 (250mph), Protection 6 (Sustained) • 44 pointsFire Control: Array (26 points) • 31 points
Ranged Damage 13 • 26 points
Nova Flame – Burst Area Damage 13 (Penetrating, Fatiguing) • 1 point
Flame Shapes – Create Fire Object 8 (Movable) • 1 point
Flame Traps – Snare 8 • 1 point
Heat Control – Hot Environment 8 (Extreme, Selective) • 1 point
Nullify Fire – Ranged Weaken Fire Effects 6 (Broad) • 1 point

Offence: Initiative +3, Fire Control +11, Flame Blasts Damage +13

Defences: Dodge 12, Parry 10, Toughness 10 (8 without Defensive Roll Bonus), Fortitude 7, Will 7

Complications:
Motivation – Doing Good and Looking Good:
Johnny loves attention, but he is also at heart a decent guy who seeks to make the world a better place.
Relationships: Johnny is very close to his team-mates and has enjoyed romantic relationships with many women through the years.
Impulsive: Johnny has still to mature very far beyond the hot-headed kid who gained fire powers.
Power Loss: Any atmosphere that would rob a normal fire of its ability to burn can also extinguish the Human Torch’s flame.

Costs: Abilities 42 + Skills 24 + Advantages 12 + Powers 85 + Defences 26 = 189 points

:!: I've generally being avoiding the "iconic" builds, and still intend to keep throwing curveballs, but here's the first member of the Fantastic Four in living (red-hot) colour.
:!: I remember a fair bit of debate at one point over the Attractive advantage and the fact that its all over the female DCA characters but not the male. Johnny is a prime example of a male character who suits it, he's drawn as being pretty, and written as being roguishly charming. Aside from not being blonde Chris Evans was perfectly cast as Johnny Storm.
:!: He's apoweful energy controller, and don't be fooled by the stats here, Johnny will use combat maneuvers willingly and will stunt Advantages and Alternate Effects readily.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:02 pm

The Invisible Woman

Abilities: Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+5), Bluff 4 (+7), Expertise (Business) 8 (+10), Expertise (Fashion) 4 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+11), Ranged Combat (Force Effects) 7 (+12), Stealth 11 (+12), Treatment 2 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages: Attractive, Benefit 1 (Wealth), Defensive Attack, Inspire, Ranged Attack 3, Second Chance (Protecting her Children), Teamwork

Powers:
Invisibility: Visual Concealment 4 (Precise), Visual Concealment Attack 4, Ranged Weaken Invsibility 12 • 45 points
Force Effects: Ranged Damage 12, Flight 4 (30mph, Usable on Others, Usable Simultaneously) • 32 points
Force Fields: Array (30 points) • 33 points
Standard Field - Protection 15 (Impervious) • 30 points
Shared Field - Burst Area Protection 10 (Impervious) • 1 point
Force Telekinesis - Perception Range Move Object 10 • 1 point
Force Bubble - Snare 10 • 1 point

Offence: Initiative +1, Force Effects Attack +12, Force Blast Damage +12

Defences: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Toughness 15 (Impervious), Fortitude 8, Will 10

Complications:
Motivation – Protector:
Sue is a consummate protector of her family, her friends, and of the world at large.
Relationships: Sue is wife to Reed Richards, mother to Franklin and Valeria, and has a number of other close relationships.
Overload: Particularly powerful attacks can overload Sue’s force fields leaving her tired and vulnerable.

Costs: Abilities 32 + Skills 28 + Advantages 9 + Powers 110 points + Defences 27 = 206 points

:!: There's a quote from Sue Richards, who is arguably the FF's most interesting or at least second most interesting character that sums her up beautifully... 'A lioness is most dangerous when defending her mate and cub and den'. She's a big mass of defensive effects, and note that second chance advantage.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (Fantastic Four part 1)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Nice FF so far, Phil. There's great moment in the FF Foes arc where Sue thinks the Super Skrull did something Franklin and she takes him quick and viciously while the guys just stand there mouths agape. It was pretty funny. And of course, all that happened was that during the Super Skrull's coming in, they forgot to pick Franklin up at school... :D
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:07 am

Mister Fantastic

Abilities: Strength 1, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 12, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Skills: Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+9), Expertise (Computers) 8 (+20), Expertise (Dimensional Science) 4 (+16), Expertise (Science) 10 (+22), Insight 2 (+5), Investigate 4 (+12), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+5), Technology 10 (+22), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages: Benefit 2 (Wealth, World’s Leading Scientist), Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Hold, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Ranged Attack 4, Skill Mastery (Technology), Ultimate Effort (Technology)

Powers:
Malleable Form:
Elongation 6, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Fast Grab, Grabbing Finesse, Improved Hold, Improvised Tools), Enhanced Defences 6 (Dodge 4, Parry 2), Insubstantial 1, Morph 2 (Simple Shapes, Limited to same colour), Protection 8 (Impervious Toughness 12, Limited to Physical Impacts), Variable 2 (Physical Effects Only) • 55 points

Offence: Initiative +2, Unarmed Attacks +9, Unarmed Damage 1

Defences: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Toughness 12, Fortitude 10, Will 10

Complications:
Motivation – Explorer:
It’s a big universe out there and Reed Richards wants to know and understand it all.
Enemy: Victor Von Doom
Rival: Namor would like nothing more than to steal Sue Richards away from Reed.
Obsession: Reed becomes lost in science to the detriment of other parts of his life.
Relationships: Reed is married to Sue and has two children.

Costs: Abilities 64 + Skills 27 + Advantages 6 + Powers 55 + Defences 20 = 172 points

:!: The leader of the Fantastic Four is Mr Fantastic, and he's definitely the brains of the unit even if he's not all that personable. Despite leading one of the foremost hero teams in the MU for decades I haven't given him any leader related advantages because the truly great team leaders, like Cap and Cyclops, are the heart and soul of their groups and in the FF's case those roles really go to Sue and Ben.
:!: He doesn't quite meet his caps, but his variable effect allows him to enhance his defences or toughness, and we've all seen him make his fist giant sized for a strength based damage effect. Dare I say the variable power makes him quite flexible?

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:16 am

The Thing

Abilities: Strength 15, Stamina 10, Agility 0, Dexterity 2, Fighting 9, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Skills: Deception 4 (+6), Expertise (Sports) 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidate 8 (+10), Technology 8 (+10), Vehicles 12 (+14)

Advantages: Daze (Intimidate), Diehard, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Interpose, Power Attack, Rallying Cry, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork

Powers:
Rocklike Hide:
Impervious Toughness 10, Protection 4 • 14 points
Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 2 (Only for Lifting) • 1 point
Thunderclap: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude, Impaired, Stunned, Incapacitated) • 20 points

Offence: Initiative +4, Unarmed Attack +9, Unarmed Damage +15

Defences: Dodge 9, Parry 10, Toughness 14 (Impervious 10), Fortitude 14, Reflex, Will 10

Complications:
Motivation – Acceptance:
The Thing longs to be normal and still resents the physical changes imposed by the cosmic rays.
Relationships: Ben considers the Fantastic Four to be his family and would die to protect them and their children.
Temper: Ben can be angry when crossed.
Power Loss: If ever restored to plain old Ben Grimm, his Str and Sta drop to 3 respectively and he loses all powers.

Costs: Abilities 84 + Skills 22 + Advantages 17 + Powers 35 + Defences 20 = 178 points

:!: The FF's in-house ass kicker is the ever lovin' blue-eyed Ben Grimm, aka The Thing. He's a basic brick and a definite minion-sweeper who can dish out and take quite a bit of punishment.
:!: The Rallying Cry advantage is taken from the 2E Iron Age sourcebook. Basically it allows you to spend a hero point to give allies nearby an instant saving throw against fear and ongoing mental effects. It ports over pretty much directly, but if you're not a fan of using advantages not in teh core book then replace it with Leadership. It just struck me as a bit wrong for there to be a rallying cry ability out there and The Thing not to have it, after all he does have one of the most famous rallying cries in comics.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:24 am

H.E.R.B.I.E.

Power Level: 6

Abilities: Strength 5, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 3, Intellect 5, Awareness 0, Presence -3

Skills: Expertise (Childminding) 4 (+9), Expertise (Computers) 11 (+16), Expertise (Dimensional Geography) 8 (+13), Technology 11 (+16)

Advantages: Eidetic Memory, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (Computers)

Powers:
Robotic Body:
Flight 3 (16mph), Immunity 30, Protection 8, Shrinking 4 (Normal Strength, Continuous, Permanent, Innate) • 56 points
Computer Link: Communication 3, Comprehend 2 (Machines) • 19 points
Snare Line: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Reach 2) • 4 points

Offence: Initiative +5, Unarmed Attack +3, Unarmed Damage +5

Defences: Dodge 4, Parry 4, Toughness 8, Fortitude -, Will 5

Complications:
Motivation – Loyalty:
HERBIE is loyal to the Richards family and will aid them in any way he is able.
Relationships: HERBIE is close to Franklin and Valeria Richards.

Costs: Abilities 38 + Skills 17 + Advantages 3 + Powers 75 + Defences 6 = 139 points

:!: When I was a kid there was an FF cartoon on TV that didn't have the Human Torch, but instead replaced him with a little robot named HERBIE. That robot then made his way into the comics and has stayed there as an occasional lab assistant to Reed and a childminder for Franklin and Val.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (FF part 2 with HERBIE)

Postby The One Phil » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:06 am

I feel like I've posted a lot of big hitters and powerful guys recently so I'm going to redress that balance by posting one of the worst teams of villains ever unleashed on the world...

The awesome Serpent Society!!!!!

Got most of them done, just need to finish off the final four or five and then we're good to go :D

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (FF part 2 with HERBIE)

Postby death tribble » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:58 am

The One Phil wrote:I feel like I've posted a lot of big hitters and powerful guys recently so I'm going to redress that balance by posting one of the worst teams of villains ever unleashed on the world...

So like a couple of people you're going to be doing the Acolytes ?
Dangerous when cute

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (Next up... Serpent Society)

Postby The One Phil » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:20 am

death tribble wrote:
The One Phil wrote:I feel like I've posted a lot of big hitters and powerful guys recently so I'm going to redress that balance by posting one of the worst teams of villains ever unleashed on the world...

So like a couple of people you're going to be doing the Acolytes ?

:lol: eventually... I don't want to steal Jabroniville's thunder after all.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (Next up... Serpent Society)

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Please, steal away. I always like to see how others handle the jobberiest of jobbers. Looking forward to the Serpents.

Return to “Roll Call”