Phil's Marvel 3E (Captain America builds)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (Great Lakes Avengers, Firebird)

Postby The One Phil » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:23 am

Goldar wrote:Thanks for doing Firebird, TOP! I thoroughly enjoyed it, including the picture!

Paging down to Firebird, I also noticed another favorite, Big Bertha! Another good profile!

Do you take requests for builds? Do you have any other Marvel characters in mind for upcoming profiles? I have some favorites that I would love to see you profile, including some obscure, low-to mid-level power level ones.

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm very open to requests and will make an attempt at any character I feel familiar enough with. I'll always be honest if I feel I'm not able to build a character.

Thorpacolypse wrote:Good to see you posting again, Phil. I dig the GLA. They rock in a sucky sort of way. And that's a cool take on Firebird. I don't know that I've ever seen a version that powerful and I can dig it.

Thanks again. Firebird is a hard one to place PL wise, she's certainly powerful but as I say there's hints she's only scratching the surface. The build is pretty balanced though, if someone felt I'd made it too powerful or whatever it would take about 30 seconds to dial her back to PL 11 or even PL 10.

And yeah, the GLA are amazing... and I haven't even built Squirrel Girl yet :D

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (Great Lakes Avengers, Firebird)

Postby The One Phil » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:37 am

Blink (Earth-295)
Power Level: 10

Abilities: Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+13), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+9), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise (Tactics) 4 (+6), Ranged Combat (Teleportation Attacks) 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 4 (+9), Stealth 4 (+9)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Improved Critical 2 (Disruption Attack), Improved Defence, Improved Initiative, Leadership, Redirect, Seize Initiative, Teamwork

Powers:
Blinking:
Array 53 points • 55 points
Teleportation: Extended Teleport 18, Increased Mass 5 • 53 points
Teleportation Javelin: Ranged Teleport Attack 10, Increased Mass 3 • 1 point
Disruption Attack: Ranged Damage 10, Alternate Save (Fortitude) linked to Ranged Teleport Attack 5, Increased Mass 3 • 1 point

Offence: Initiative +9, Unarmed Attack +9, Unarmed 2, Blink Attacks +10, Disruption 10

Defences: Dodge 14, Parry 12, Toughness 6 (3 without Defensive Roll bonus), Fortitude 8, Will 8

Complications:
Motivation – No Place Left to Run:
Blink’s home reality no longer exists and thus her continued existence is reliant on the Exiles and their task.
Unhinged from Time: As an Exile Blink must complete tasks she finds personally deeply distasteful to repair broken realities and this often weighs on her mind.
Relationships: A love affair with Mimic, and a father/daughter relationship with Sabretooth.

Costs: Abilities 54 + Skills 20 + Advantages 13 + Powers 55 + Defences 26 = 168 points

:!: Here we have Blink from Age of Apocalypse/Exiles, an agile teleporter and combatant who I think makes a nifty PL10 ranged scrapper.
:!: As a member of the Exiles Blink often wears the Tallus, a device designed to transport the team from one reality to another. In game terms it looks something like this.
The Tallus: Feature 1 (AI), Dimensional Movement 2 (Panoptichron and alternate versions of Earth), Temporal Movement 3, Increased Mass 5, Uncontrolled on Movement • 11 points

The AI informs the wearer what is “broken” in a timeline and what must be done to fix it (although it can occasionally be a bit cryptic). Its not truly a device and can’t be removed by a foe, however the Time Brokers can remove it and pass it to someone els (Power Loss Complication). Additionally if there is no teleporter in the group that it transports the Tallus will cause a bumpy ride. Those transported will be Dazed and Vulnerable until they make a Fortitude Save against DC22.
:!: The Earth-616 version of Clarice Ferguson is not nearly as skilled or experienced as this one and should probably be dialled back a PL or two, keeping the DC the same on the teleport attacks but reducing attack bonus and losing a lot of the finesse combat advantages and skills.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (Firebird, Blink, Mimic)

Postby The One Phil » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 am

Mimic
Power Level: 12

Abilities: Strength 6, Stamina 5, Agility 8, Dexterity 4, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+16), Athletics 8 (+14), Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+12), Expertise (Science) 5 (+5), Stealth 4 (+12)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Favoured Environment (Aerial), Improved Defence, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 3, Takedown

Powers:
Ability Mimicry:
Variable Effect 20 (All Abilities, Powers, and Skills), Continuous, Limited only to those traits a target possesses, Limited to targets in near vicinity) • 120 points
Beastial Mutation: Features 2 (Ambidextrous, Prehensile Feet), Leaping 3 (60 feet), Speed 5 (60mph) • 10 points
Cold Immunities: Immunity 10 (Cold Based Effects), Movement 1 (Cold Adaptation) • 12 points
Ice Generation: Array 20 points • 24 points
Ice Blasts: Ranged Damage 10 • 20 points
Ice Bonds: Snare 6 • 1 point
Generate Cold: Selective Extreme Cold Environment 6 • 1 point
Slippery Ground: Hamper Movement Environment 10 • 1 point
Make Brittle: Objects Only Weaken Toughness 10 • 1 point

Optic Blast: Array 30 points • 32 points
Optic Blast: Ranged Damage 10, Accurate 1, Precise, Ricochet 3 • 30 points
Rapid Blast: Multiattack Ranged Damage 10 • 1 point
Wide Angle Blast: Cone Area [2] Damage 10 • 1 point

Telekinesis: Damaging Move Object 8 • 24 points
Telepath: Array 36 points • 38 points
Telepathy: Communication 3, Mind Reading 12 • 36 points
Astral Projection: Visual, Auditory & Mental Remote Sensing 12, Subtle 2, Body is left defenceless • 1 point
Mental Illusion: Selective Illusion 7 (All Senses, Resistable by Will) • 1 point

Wings: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Favoured Environment), Winged Flight 6 (120mph) • 7 points

Offence: Initiative +8, Optic Blast Attack +9, Optic Blast 10, Ice Attack +7, Ice Damage 10

Defences: Dodge 14, Parry 14, Toughness 8 (5 without Defensive Roll Bonus), Fortitude 9, Will 7

Complications:
Motivation – Recognition:
Mimic seeks to be recognised as a great man despite his many character flaws.
Arrogance: The Mimic believes that being able to do essentially anything anyone else can do makes him inherently superior. This makes his very easy to dislike and and he is categorically not a team player.
Power Imprinting: Calvin gains the physical traits and may of the weaknesses of those whose power he mimics. For example he has the Angel’s wings, the Beast’s enlarged hands and feet, and his optic blast cannot affect ruby quartz.
Costs: Abilities 64 + Skills 15 + Advantages 14 + Powers 267 + Defences 23 = 383 points

:!: The first actual recruit to the X-Men, and also one of the very few non-mutants to have been a member is the Mimic, a character sorely underused and not very well known given his origins in the 1960s.
:!: As well as being able to copy mutant powers the Mimic permanently gained the powers of the original X-Men. He's built a lot weaker with these powers than their originators because he imprinted the X-Men when they were young and inexperienced and he's nowhere near as well trained as they are. Should he run into any of these characters again there's nothing stopping him from using his Ability Mimicry power to match them.
:!: These statistics represent Earth-616 Mimic. For the Earth-12 Mimic, the one seen in the pages of Exiles some changes have to be made. The version of Calvin Rankin from Earth-12, a reality where superhumans and mutants are highly regarded, is not the embittered loser that the Earth-616 version is. Mimic was a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants under Magneto, before being saved by Professor-X and joining the X-Men. He became a core member of the team, best friends with Wolverine, and had an unrequited love for Jean Grey. As well as being a member of the X-Men Mimic was one of the members of the Defenders. This version of Mimic does not have the original X-Men’s power set and is limited to being able to mimic five mutant’s powers at once. If he mimics a sixth mutant he must choose which of his five current power sets to sacrifice. Use the statistics for Mimic above but reduce all physical traits to 2 and remove all powers aside from Ability Mimicry and the Advantages Agile Feint, Evasion, Instant Up, and Move-by Action. Add Expertise (Tactics) 10 (+10) as well as the Inspire and Leadership Advantages. Mimic claims that his mimicked powers are only “half” as effective as the ones they mimic. Given the exponential manner in which measurements occur in M&M 3rd Edition this means that powers should top out at one rank less than the donor. Additionally, although Mimic has the Continuous modifier on his Variable pool he has a Complication which requires 1 hour of contact for this to take effect.

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Just read She-Hulk Superhuman Law and the Champion is in it and basically he fights beta ray bill and gladiator and that character is an obvious superman knockoff who gets the beat down.

Champion essentially will/can punk out superman in a straight up fist fight (rules were no powers used) and should have like 25 strength (enough to punk out a 19 strength guy to give him an obvious advantage) and would be PL 16 or 17 perhaps.

The concept is he is a guy who is suppose to be essentially undefeatable in that category and it only take about 1 page at most (like 3-5 panels) for superman to get his butt handed to him and then the audience would state something like 'I want his boots'.

Basically he as the power primordial. He could have 15 strength base, but with that gem he has +10 and that would seem to cover it. In fact, to make it gross I would make it +15 strength for an even 30 strength.

Can he be defeats. Yes but I won't tell you how She-Hulk did it.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:13 am

Foreshadow wrote:Just read She-Hulk Superhuman Law and the Champion is in it and basically he fights beta ray bill and gladiator and that character is an obvious superman knockoff who gets the beat down.

Champion essentially will/can punk out superman in a straight up fist fight (rules were no powers used) and should have like 25 strength (enough to punk out a 19 strength guy to give him an obvious advantage) and would be PL 16 or 17 perhaps.

The concept is he is a guy who is suppose to be essentially undefeatable in that category and it only take about 1 page at most (like 3-5 panels) for superman to get his butt handed to him and then the audience would state something like 'I want his boots'.

Basically he as the power primordial. He could have 15 strength base, but with that gem he has +10 and that would seem to cover it. In fact, to make it gross I would make it +15 strength for an even 30 strength.

Can he be defeats. Yes but I won't tell you how She-Hulk did it.

I've never seen anything to suggest a 25 strength for the Champion under normal circumstances. Indeed in head early appearance (the one where he beat Ben Grimm into a bloody pulp) he "won" a few of his fights by heelishly finding lame excuses to disqualify enemies.

In the storyline you mention he was using the Power Gem, one of the Infinity Gems, to enhance his strength. My write up explicitly doesn't include that gem.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:29 am

Captain America

Abilities: Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 7, Dexterity 4, Fighting 13, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 6

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+15), Athletics 12 (+17), Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+19), Deception 3 (+9), Expertise (Art) 6 (+8), Expertise (Tactics) 16 (+18), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidate 4 (+10), Investigation 8 (+10), Persuasion 12 (+18), Ranged Combat (Shield Throw) 8 (+16), Sleight of Hand 7 (+11), Stealth 4 (+11), Treatment 4 (+6), Vehicles 5 (+9)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Assessment, Benefit (Security Clearance), Close Attack 3, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Persuasion), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Defence, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Inspire 4, Instant Up, Interpose, Leadership, Luck 3, Precise Attack 3 (Close Cover & Concealment, Ranged Cover), Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Takedown, Teamwork, Ultimate Will, Weapon Bind

Powers:
Super-Soldier: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance), Leaping 1 • 5 points
Captain America’s Shield: Array 15 points, Easily Removable (- 6 points), Indestructable •10 points
Shield in Hand: Sustained Enhanced Defences 4 (Dodge 2, Parry 2), Sustained Impervious Toughness 8, Strength Based Damage 3 • 14 points
Shield Throw: Ranged Strength Based Damage 3, Diminished Range, Ricochet 3, Split • 1 point

Equipment:
Motorcycle:
See page 172 of the Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Hero’s Handbook • 10ep

Offence: Initiative +11, Unarmed Attack +19, Unarmed Damage 5, Shield Bash +16, Shield Bash Damage 8, Shield Throw +16, Shield Throw Damage 8

Defences: Dodge 14 [16], Parry 14 [16], Toughness 8 (3 without Defensive Roll Bonus), Fortitude 10, Will 12

Complications:
Motivation – Duty:
Steve Rogers as Captain America sees his role as a living symbol of the flag of the United States and all that it is meant to stand for.
Conflict of Ideals: Rogers has often found his idea of the true America differs from what goes on in the halls of power and intrigue, and this has often set him at odds with the very country he loves so dearly.
Anachronism: Even though he has been active for some years now Cap still finds that the 21st century and its values surprise and confuse him.
Reputation: Cap is the super-hero’s super-hero. His every move is watched by those who would be his allies and he sometimes finds interactions with certain people difficult because of the man they perceive him to be rather than the man he is.

Costs: Abilities 110 + Skills 53 + Advantages 38 + Powers 15 + Defences 22 = 238 points

:!: The Steve Rogers version of Captain America, a character I think is pretty misunderstood as a one-note American jingoist but is actually one of Marvel's more complex characters.
:!: He came out pretty cheap in the end compared to a lot of other heavy hitters but he should be able to hold his own against a lot of super powered characters.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (The Shroud)

Postby The One Phil » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:34 am

The Shroud
Power Level: 9

Abilities: Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+12), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+15), Deception 9 (+12), Expertise (Law) 5 (+7), Expertise (Streetwise) 10 (+12), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+9, Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+12), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 7 (+11)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Benefit 2 (Independently Wealthy), Chokehold, Close Attack 3, Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Equipment, Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Throw, Leadership, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
Levitation:
Flight 1 • 2 points
Shroud of Blackness: Visual Concealment Attack 4, Shapeable Area 4 • 24 points
Kali’s Eyes: Senses 6 (Ranged Acute Touch, Touch Penetrates Concealment) • 6 points

Offence: Initiative +8, Unarmed Attack +15, Unarmed Damage 3

Defences: Dodge 12, Parry 12, Toughness 6 (3 without Defensive Roll Bonus), Fortitude 8, Will 8

Complications:
Motivation – Justice:
The Shroud seeks to punish criminals for the actions and has very few moral issues while he does so.
Reputation: The harsh brand of justice The Shroud delivers makes other heroes wary of dealing with him.
Blind: The Shroud has no sense of sight. Although his powers allow him to detect objects and people around him, even through walls, he cannot determine colour, shade or detail and is unable to read or use a computer.

Costs: Abilities 62 + Skills 41 + Advantages 26 + Powers 32 + Defences 21 = 182 points

:!: Been a bit distracted from M&M recently with the release of the Vampire 20 PDF, so this is the first character I've written up in a bit.
:!: Created as a "mash up" of Batman and the Shadow, The Shroud is an excellent martial artist, investigator, and infiltrator with the power to summon mystical blackness. Like Daredevil he's blind and has special senses, in his case he can even sense through walls and into other rooms.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Bump. Phil had some good stuff.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby BlindPugh » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:44 am

Massive Shroud fan, always glad to see him statted. I only wish there were more of a way to really distinguish his martial arts from everyone else's, I can only think of he & Ravan (over in DC) that really have that background, I'd love to know some tricks for really making it feel different.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Wow, popped in to check out some builds and saw this thread resurrected. Not just that, but saw it resurrected by Thorpocalypse, the guy whose builds I rate highest on this forum (no offence intended to many of the other great character builders on here). I've not posted any characters in a long time, but here's a fresh one. She's a character I think Marvel has under-served through the years, and she's one of the very few African-American female characters they have - a ridiculous state of affairs when you really think about it. Been great to see her get a renaissance in recent times and I hope that there's big things planned for her.

Spectrum
Power Level: 11

Abilities: Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 4, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 6 (+6), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise (Law Enforcement) 6 (+8), Expertise (Science) 4 (+6), Investigate 4 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat (Energy Powers) 2 (+5), Vehicles 6 (+9)

Advantages: Defensive Roll 4, Leadership, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
Light Form:
Immunity 10 (Life Support), Insubstantial 3 (Sustained), Invisibility 4 (Visual), Movement 2 (Space Travel, Zero-G Adaptation), Move Activation (-1 point), Variable Descriptor (Electromagnetic energy) • 37 points
Light Manipulation: Array 27 points • 30 points
Laser Blasts: Blast 13, Variable Descriptor (Electromagnetic energy) • 27 points
Light Blast: Ranged, Cumulative Affliction 13 (Resisted by Fortitude, Impaired, Disabled, Unaware, Limited to Vision) • 1 point
Light Burst: Burst Area, Cumulative Affliction 13 (Resisted by Fortitude, Impaired, Disabled, Unaware, Limited to Vision) • 1 point
Mirage: Visual Illusion 13 • 1 point

Energy Aura: Damage 6, Reaction, Variable Descriptor (Electromagnetic energy) • 24 points
Flight: Flight 12 • 24 points

Offence: Initiative +3, Laser Blasts +8, Laser Blast Damage 13

Defences: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Toughness 5 (1 without Defensive Roll Bonus), Fortitude 8, Will 9

Complications:
Motivation – Justice:
Pulsar is a former cop, and believes in justice.
Relationship: Monica has a tempestuous relationship with Brother Voodoo.
Self Doubt: Although extremely powerful Monica is plagued with doubt over her worthiness for her abilities and she is often held back by her own fears.

Costs: Abilities 34 + Skills 18 + Advantages 8 + Powers 115 + Defences 27 = 202 points

:!: Call her Spectrum, Photon, Pulsar, or even Captain Marvel... this is my take on Monica Rambeau. She has a nice power set that stands out in the Marvel canon as she can take the form of pretty much any energy type on the electromagnetic spectrum and is a fairly big hitter in a raw power sense.
:!: As Captain Marvel she was introduced to the Avengers to create a sense of better diversity in the 1980s. She was cast aside pretty soon after and left as a second tier character. What's worse is that - as near as I can tell - she is the only African-American woman to be a member of the Avengers ever... full stop (and I'm not counting Storm because although her father was American her background in Kenya and Egypt means she's well outside the normal American paradigm). Its great to see her get a new start in the Mighty Avengers series where she matches Luke Cage in terms of authority and moves her past the comedy role she's fulfilled in the last couple of years.
:!: Spectrum is a bit of a glass cannon but can get around that by being hard to hurt in her energy form. She's powerful on offence and a capable leader (a former chairperson of the Avengers and leader of Nextwave). She's not fully hitting any caps on either attack or defence (although she's not far off it offensively) but makes up for it in terms of flexibility.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (The Shroud, Spectrum)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:35 pm

He lives! And look at that, some Monica Rambeau love. I agree that she needs some more run and she's been getting some pretty good stuff in the new Mighty Avengers book so I hope it continues.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (The Shroud, Spectrum)

Postby The One Phil » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Annihilus
Power Level: 14

Abilities: Strength 12, Stamina 10, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 6, Intellect 5, Awareness 5, Presence 6

Skills: Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8), Expertise (Science) 6 (+11), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidate 10 (+16), Perception 8 (+13), Ranged Combat (Cosmic Energy) 4 (+8), Technology 8 (+13)

Advantages: Benefit 4 (Lord of the Negative Zone), Close Attack 3, Daze (Intimidate), Diehard, Startle

Powers:
Insectoid Form:
Flight 6, Protection 5 • 17 points
Cosmic Control Rod: 179 points (Removable – 36 points) • 143 points
Increased Prowess: Enhanced Abilities 17 (Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Stamina 7, Strength 9), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Impervious Toughness 10, Movement 2 (Space Travel) • 62 points
Cosmic Energy Manipulation: Dynamic Array 108 points •117 points
Animate Objects: Summon Constructs 12 (Multiple Minions x3, General Type), Dynamic • 109 points
Boost Self: Enhanced Strength 5 • 2 points
Drain Energy: Ranged Weaken Stamina 16 linked to Ranged Nullify Energy Based Powers 16 (Broad, Simultaneous), Accurate 2, Diminished Range 1 • 2 points
Cosmic Energy Blast: Ranged Damage 16, Accurate 2, Dynamic • 2 points
Matter Manipulation: Transform Inanimate into Inanimate 16, Dynamic • 2 points

Equipment: As a ruler of the Negative Zone Annihilus has access to expansive headquarters and weaponry. GMs should feel free to supply him with whatever equipment and/or minions the story requires.

Offence: Initiative +4, Cosmic Energy Blast Attack +12, Cosmic Energy Blast 16, Drain Energy Attack +12, Drain Energy 16

Defences: Dodge 13, Parry 13, Toughness 15, Fortitude 12, Will 13

Complications:
Motivation – Power Lust:
Annihilus has few constraints on his dreams of conquest and would control everything he surveys.
Paranoia: The Cosmic Control Rod grants Annihilus his power and he is totally, utterly terrified of it being taken away from him.
Temper: Annihilation often lashes out on instinct, destroying those who even mildly irritate him even if their destruction will negatively affect his plans later.

Costs: Abilities 62 + Skills 21 + Advantages 10 + Powers 160 + Defences 26 = 299 points
:!: Annihilus is "The Living Death Who Walks", a totally psychotic ruler of the Negative Zone who has primarily been a foe of the Fantastic Four throughout the years. In the last decade however he has been given a lot more play as the big bad of the Annihilation mega-crossover which effectively re-kickstarted Marvel's entire cosmic line.
:!: His main threat comes from the Cosmic Control Rod which allows him to affect matter and energy on a massive scale. His energy absorption powers were enough to kill Quasar in pretty short order and he's an undeniably big hitter. He's not in the very top league though despite the damage he and his Annihilation Wave caused.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Phil's Marvel 3E Characters (Shroud, Spectrum, Annihilus

Postby The One Phil » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 am

Wolverine

Abilities: Strength 4, Stamina 6, Agility 4, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 6 (+10), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+16), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise (Military) 6 (+8), Expertise (Streetwise) 10 (+10), Expertise (Survival) 8 (+10), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidate 10 (+12), Investigate 8 (+10), Perception 16 (+20), Sleight of Hand 4 (+7), Stealth 8 (+12), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Close Attack 4, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Equipment 2, Improved Critical 2 (Claws), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

Powers:
Adamantium Claws:
Strength Based Damage 4 (Penetrating, Linked Penetrating Strength 4), Improved Advantages (Improved Critical 2) • 14 points
Adamantium Skeleton: Immunity 2 (Bone Breakage, Disease), Protection 2 • 4 points
Animal Senses: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Uncanny Dodge), Senses 9 (Accurate Smell, Acute Smell, Analytical Smell, Extended Smell 1, Low-Light Vision, Tracking 2, Ultra-Hearing) • 10 points
Healing Factor: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Diehard), Regeneration 8 • 9 points

Equipment: Motorcycle (10ep)

Offence: Initiative +8, Claw Attack +16, Claw Damage +8

Defences: Dodge 14, Parry 14, Toughness 10 (8 without Defensive Roll Bonus), Fortitude 10, Will 10

Complications:
Motivation – Acceptance:
Wolverine is a man constantly seeking to make up for, and even discover his past.
Relationships: Wolverine has had many romantic entanglements, most of which end in tragedy, has a foster daughter named Amiko, and often enters a fatherly relationship with young female team mates such as Shadowcat, Jubilee, or X-23.
Enemy: Wolverine has several enemies such as Sabretooth, the Weapon X Program, and Lady Deathstrike.
Prejudice: Wolverine is a mutant in a world that often hates and fears them.
Temper: Almost as famous for his berserker rages as his mutant powers.

Costs: Abilities 70 + Skills 50 + Advantages 23 + Powers 39 + Defences 25 = 205 points

:!: Wolverine is a character who I can love or loathe depending on the writer. Wolverine's also a character who can be portrayed massively different depending on the writer. In a sense he's Marvel's Batman in that sometimes he's written as a street level scrapper who's just very hard to keep down, and other times he's the goddam WolverGod. I've built this Wolverine as the guy who can run with the X-Men and the Avengers (sometimes at the same time) and is one of Marvel's big hitters.
:!: If I were dialling him back for some of his more street level/spy stuff appearances I'd cut back on defence and accuracy first. Wolverine is the poster child for All-Out Attack, wading through swords, fists and bullets and taking plenty of licks just to ensure that he gets his hands (or claws) on his target.
Last edited by The One Phil on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:38 am

Sabretooth
Power Level:

Abilities: Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 6 (+12), Close Combat (Claws) 4 (+14), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise (Military) 8 (+9), Expertise (Survival) 8 (+9), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidate 12 (+15), Investigate 6 (+7), Perception 8 (+12), Stealth 8 (+11), Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Connected, Daze (Intimidate), Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Claws) 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
Adamantium Claws:
Strength Based Damage 4 (Penetrating, Linked Penetrating Strength 6), Enhanced Advantages (Improved Critical 2) • 16 points
Adamantium Skeleton: Immunity 2 (Bone Breakage, Disease), Protection 2 • 4 points
Animal Senses: Enhanced Advantage 1 (Uncanny Dodge), Senses 9 (Accurate Smell, Acute Smell, Analytical Smell, Extended Smell 1, Low-Light Vision, Tracking 2, Ultra-Hearing) • 10 points
Healing Factor: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Protection 2, Regeneration 8 • 12 points

Offence: Initiative +7, Claw Attack +14, Claw Damage 10

Defences: Dodge 14, Parry 14, Toughness 10, Fortitude 10, Will 10

Complications:
Motivation – Destruction:
Sabretooth is a cruel, psychopathic man who revels in the pain of others.
Enemy: Wolverine
Prejudice: Sabretooth is an obvious mutant.
Reputation: Sabretooth’s vicious reputation precedes him and few people will work with him without finding some way to trap and control him.
Temper: Victor Creed is a man of animal passions and has an explosive, violent temper.

Costs: Abilities 72 + Skills 37 + Advantages 17 + Powers 46 + Defences 25 = 193 points

:!: Starting out as an obscure one-shot Iron Fist villain, Sabretooth was rescued from ignominy to become one of the marauders. As a mirror image villain to Wolverine he became that hero's primary antagonist and later bogeyman as different writers layered on an increasingly complicated backstory joining the two at the hip. Unable to leave well enough alone he was also given his own adamantium just so he and Wolvie could be even more alike.
:!: Sabretooth has essentially the same power set as Wolverine (as do a fair few of Wolvie's villains) but is bigger, stronger, and tougher.

The One Phil
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby The One Phil » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:51 am

Cyber
Power Level:

Abilities: Strength 7, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 4 (+9), Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14), Expertise (Military) 8 (+9), Expertise (Streetwise) 6 (+7), Intimidate 12 (+13), Investigate 4 (+5), Ranged Combat (Guns) 6 (+7), Vehicles 6 (+7)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Benefit (Slow Aging), Close Attack 3, Daze (Intimidate), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Startle, Ultimate Effort (Toughness)

Powers:
Adamantium Skin:
Enhanced Advantages (Ultimate Toughness), Immunity 80 (Toughness Saves, Half Effect), Impervious Toughness 11, Protection 10 • 61 points
Adamantium Claws: Progressive Affliction 8 (Dazed and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Stunned, Limited to Two Degrees) linked to Strength Based Damage 1, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Critical), Penetrating Damage 8 • 35 points
Healing Factor: Regeneration 4 • 4 points
Psionic Tracking : Senses 7 (Extended Tracking 5, Tracking 2) • 7 points

Offence: Initiative +1, Unarmed Attack +14, Claws 8

Defences: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Toughness 14 (11 Impervious), Fortitude 8, Will 8

Complications:
Motivation – Insanity:
Cyber is mad, his reasons for doing things are generally his own.
Enemy: Wolverine

Costs: Abilities 50 + Skills 24 + Advantages 12 + Powers 107 + Defences 16 = 209 points

:!: Introduced in the 90s as yet another "mysterious man from Wolverine's past", Cyber was revealed to have gone down the tried and tested route of having trained Logan in the Canadian army but also of having murdered one of his girlfriends. Seriously, to be a member of Logan's rogue gallery its essential that you fridge a woman he's in love with.
:!: While Logan has an adamantium skeleton, Cyber is absolutely covered in the stuff with it bonded to his skin. That makes him pretty tough but he's also slightly superhumanly strong, regenerates, and has a psychotropic agent in his claws which renders his prey vulnerable. While Wolvie and the like have animalistic tracking senses Cyber has a psionic ability that lets him sense the location of those he wants to find.

Return to “Roll Call”