Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Red Ghost, Red Guardian, Red Skull)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Ooga chacka! Ooga ooga ooga chac

Postby prodigyduck » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:18 pm

But yes, I am really looking forward to the Guardians of the Galaxy film. I am interested in seeing what they do with all the alien stuff in the Marvel cinematic universe.

That reminds me... I need to convert Nebula...
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:59 am

Spectrum wrote:It looks like it's going to be a fun movie.

Every time I see the commercial, I keep wondering where the classic Guardians are.

"House plant and muscle." hee hee.

I don't know who you consider the "classic" Guardians, but Vance Astro, Yondu, Martinex, Charlie 27, Nikki, Starhawk, etc...the Guardians that I grew up with, should be in the far flung future.

As for Gamora's power levels, she's an unfortunate victim of the Jim Starlin syndrome. As a crafter of epic struggles against epic villains, I love Jim Starlin. As a quantifier of exactly what a character is capable of, he's not really my favorite guy. Usually his stories have one or two badass main characters, then a bunch of supporting characters who are there, but not really developed. Gamora appeared as one of the supporting cast of his Adam Warlock stories, but since she wasn't Adam Warlock OR the Magus, she was mostly around as background dressing. Much like Pip the Troll and High Evolutionary's New Men (the background cast in Warlock's early adventures), Starlin didn't put much effort into defining what they could do and why they were around. People forget, the same thing happened with Starlin's Captain Marvel stories, where Thanos really stepped into the limelight as a Cosmic "Big Bad". Mar-Vell was pretty well defined. Thanos was pretty well-defined (as simply being more tough at everything than everyone). Everyone else was pretty much just... there. Eros of Titan was Mar-Vell's best buddy and brawling companion and we knew he could fly, was probably super-strong (he hung with Marv in just about every fight) and had access to advanced Titanian technology (Jack Kirby hadn't done his New Gods macguffin The Eternals, for Marvel yet, so it was Titanian, not Eternal). His abilities did not actually become more clearly defined until he served a stint in the Avengers (years later). Moondragon was bald...and a telepath (supposedly a badass, but in pure Starlin fashion, her biggest defining feature was...bald chick). Drax the Destroyer was created by Chronos to defeat Thanos and was theoretically this mostrously powerful, rampaging force, with little else on his mind than killing the big T. He was also immortal. Thanos could could kill him and kill him and kill him, but as long as Thanos existed, he would keep coming back. He was theoretically more powerful in the presence of Thanos, but it wasn't really very accurately portrayed and while he was hell on the surrounding geopraphy (cosmography?), he didn't seem to fluctuate in power much. He was mean. He was a badass, but he wasn't the hero or the villain, so Mar-Vell and Thanos both beat him in combat when required.

Mar-Vell's supporting cast became more active in the MU as a whole (meaning they came to earth) and therefore got more exact definition. Warlock's on the other hand was mostly forgotten, therefore remained as Starlin had defined them, which means anyone who wasn't Adam Warlock had a distinctive look and maybe a personality quirk, but little more than that.

Starlin did this alot. His Dreadstar series follows pretty much the same formula. Vanth Dreadstar, Syzygy Darklock and the major villain Lord Papal (basically Thanos done as the pope) were developed. The rest of the cast, not so much. Willow was a "cybernatic telepath", Oedi was a "cat-like" humanoid and Skeevo was a freebooter and also comic relief. His single biggest defining feature was he was purple.

This being the case, it's not a huge surprise that Gamora has a lot of "fuzzy areas" as far as definition of her abilities go. I mean her big, defining characteristic was "green chick", when Starlin introduced her. All things being equal, I'd say these builds reflect the characters as well as any other build (except Drax, he seems a bit underpowered to me).

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:09 pm

Mhe its a perfectly fair assessment.

For me I've always gone with the notion that as ""the most dangerous woman in the galaxy"" she was on par with Zealot as a fighter both in terms of physical abilities --low superhuman-- and fighting skills basically best in the galaxy at most fighting styles.

She does end up sometimes getting into fuzzy areas as Jab said though, one minutes shes kicking the hulk in the banners, and the next shes barely holding her own against a group of mook space pirates
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Marvel Properties)

Postby prodigyduck » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:57 am

Many campaigns are based on existing settings. While it is always a blast to run or play in an original campaign -- allowing the GM to create a new world with its own heroes and rules -- sometimes it is even more fun to play with the toys we all grew up with. My buddy Marc ran an original sci-fi setting based on the idea of Star Trek, but then he ran an actual Star Trek campaign. This allowed us to play with the props, like our toy phasers, communicators, and tricorders.

Even while running a campaign based on existing properties, a GM will often want to add a few twists to a campaign. These little things can be used to keep the players on their toes.

When it comes to my Marvel Universe campaign, I am planning to draw upon comic book properties used by Marvel to add additional touches to the setting.

Here are some examples of properties one can use:

The A-Team
Battlestar Galactica
Buckaroo Banzai
Captain Planet and the Planeteers
Captain Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders (Pacific version of the Howling Commandos, starring submarine Capt. Simon Savage of the USS Sea Wolf)
Care Bears
Conan
Crystar (He-Man with crystal theme)
Defenders of the Earth (Flash Gordon, Phantom, Mandrake)
Dino-Riders
Disney's Gargoyles
G.I. Joe (many Joes can be used as SHIELD agents, while Cobra operatives can be used for HYDRA or Sons of the Serpent).
Godzilla
Hellraiser (Think about what might happen when the superheroes encounter the BOX!)
Indiana Jones (a pulp-era adventurer who could have fought alongside Captain America!)
Inhumanoids
Jaws
James Bond
Jem and the Holograms (a rival for Dazzler?)
Labyrinth
Masters of the Universe (perhaps some new characters who are Asgardians or Eternals? On the other hand, with its mix of magic and technology, Eternia could be a good stand-in for the events of Otherworld)
Micronauts
Pirates of Darkwater
Power Rangers
Red Sonja
RoboCop (an outreach of the Deathlok project)
Rom the Spaceknight
Sectaurs: Warriors of Symbion (given the insect-like alien world of Kosmos, I think Symbion would be a good addition to the Microverse)
Solomon Kane
Star Wars
Transformers
Wizard of Oz

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:09 pm

That seems like it could be pretty off-the-wall and fun. Some of those added elements could definitely bring some unusual wrinkles to any game universe (Hannibal & the A-team join forces with the Care Bears vs. Skeletor...to the death!). :P

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:35 pm

I think that quite a few of those were already published by Marvel.. couldn't pick out which ones though.

And... I feel sorry for Pinhead if he shows up in the Marvel Universe.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Spectrum wrote:I think that quite a few of those were already published by Marvel.. couldn't pick out which ones though.

I feel sorry for the Marvel U if Pinhead shows up. :shock:

Well, early Pinhead. Not the later versions.

I think similarly about the Thorpacoverse, PD. I love mixed settings. We get Wolverine vs. Sabretooth all the time. But Wolverine vs. Skeletor? Now you have something special.

A lot of those were published by Marvel and Star Wars is coming back. Marvel's daddy, Disney, has Star Wars now, of course, so they bought the license back from Dark Horse.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:43 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:
Spectrum wrote:I think that quite a few of those were already published by Marvel.. couldn't pick out which ones though.

I feel sorry for the Marvel U if Pinhead shows up. :shock:

Well, early Pinhead. Not the later versions.

I think similarly about the Thorpacoverse, PD. I love mixed settings. We get Wolverine vs. Sabretooth all the time. But Wolverine vs. Skeletor? Now you have something special.

A lot of those were published by Marvel and Star Wars is coming back. Marvel's daddy, Disney, has Star Wars now, of course, so they bought the license back from Dark Horse.

Indeed. I am looking forward to seeing what the new comics have in store. I mean... are they going to be bringing back the green bunny?

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Spectrum wrote:

I can see it now... X-Men -vs- Cenebites.

Let's see just how much pain Wolverine can handle!
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Funny pointy head man try to hurt Hulk. Hulk smash!

I was more thinking that there is so many more ways to deal with magic and demons and dark gods, etc. in the MU than in ours.

(Younger) Dresden vs Pinhead would be amusing.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Super Powered Bestiary 3)

Postby prodigyduck » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Now available at DriveThruRPG: the third volume of the Super Powered Bestiary.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:25 pm

See, here's the thing. If the Cenobites do show up to start something in the Marvel Universe, they're not gonna run into the Avengers, or The X-Men (Well, maybe they run into the X-men, they have fought demons before).

But six to one they're gonna run into Doctor Strange, or The Son of Satan, or Ghost Rider, or one of the other dozens of mystical heroes.

And speaking of X-men.

Pinhead: We will tear your soul apart!

Magik: ....Yeaaaah, been there done that tough guy. Now, Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo standing here, with the big magic disrupting soul sword. So unless you want to involve your dimension with a full scare demon war with mine, you can just turn right around and go back in your puzzle box, and maybe I wont throw it into the sun, seeing as I'm also a mutant who can teleport anywhere in time and space.

PInhead: But... But...

Magik: Okay, you know what? I think I got what's left of Belasco somewhere around here, if you take him will you go away and never come back.

Pinhead:.... Okay.

Magik: Ballin.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:51 am

Crinos wrote:See, here's the thing. If the Cenobites do show up to start something in the Marvel Universe, they're not gonna run into the Avengers, or The X-Men (Well, maybe they run into the X-men, they have fought demons before).

But six to one they're gonna run into Doctor Strange, or The Son of Satan, or Ghost Rider, or one of the other dozens of mystical heroes.

And speaking of X-men.

Pinhead: We will tear your soul apart!

Magik: ....Yeaaaah, been there done that tough guy. Now, Sorcerer Supreme of Limbo standing here, with the big magic disrupting soul sword. So unless you want to involve your dimension with a full scare demon war with mine, you can just turn right around and go back in your puzzle box, and maybe I wont throw it into the sun, seeing as I'm also a mutant who can teleport anywhere in time and space.

PInhead: But... But...

Magik: Okay, you know what? I think I got what's left of Belasco somewhere around here, if you take him will you go away and never come back.

Pinhead:.... Okay.

Magik: Ballin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed so!

Given I would be using my Kyton monster build to represent Cenobites, and they are only PL7, Pinhead and his ilk would have trouble with superheroes. Granted, they could hold their own against normal humans and some of the street-level heroes of Marvel, but not the usual heavy-hitters we tend to follow.

Now, of course the cenobites are not about direct combat or fighting. They are about using one's fears and doubts against them. In this regard, cenobites will be playing on the heroes' complications. Storm will have issues when a cenobite traps her in a coffin and starts to bury her in the ground. If Jean Grey is used after the Dark Phoenix saga (which she is not in my game -- she dies then and there), the cenobites would press upon her all the lives she extinguished during her time as the Dark Phoenix.

That is what a good GM should keep in mind when using villains. It should not always be about the slug-fests. In fact, if a master villain has gotten into a fight, his plans have already failed. Fighting is used as a last resort; when all the villain's schemes and plans have fallen through.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Radioactive Man)

Postby prodigyduck » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:07 am

RADIOACTIVE MAN (PL 8]
Dr. Chen Lu
Bodycast: Jason Scott Lee
Base of Operations: China
Affiliation: Central Euro-Asian Alliance
Height: 6’6”; Weight: 290 lbs.
Eyes: Green; Hair: None

Strength 7, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 2
Fighting 3, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 2

POWERS
Radioactive Body:
Immunity 10 (Radiation Effects) – 10 points
Radiation Emission: Array (20 points)
Heat Blast: Ranged Damage 10 – 20 points
Force Field: Impervious Toughness 11, Protection 7; Concentration – 1 point
Hypnotic Light Strobe: Ranged Affliction 6 (Dazed / Compelled / Controlled; Resisted by Will; Concentration, Cumulative, Visual Sense-Dependent) – 1 point
Light Flash: Ranged Affliction 10 (Impaired / Disabled / Unaware; Resisted by Fortitude; Cumulative, Limited to Visual Senses) – 1 point

ADVANTAGES
Daze (Intimidation), Language 1 (English [Cantonese is native]), Ranged Attack 1

SKILLS
Expertise (Nuclear Physics) 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 2 (+4)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Heat Blast +3 (Ranged, Damage 10)
Hypnotism +3 (Ranged, Affliction 6)
Light Flash +3 (Ranged, Damage 10)
Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 7)

DEFENSE
Dodge
5, Parry 5, Toughness 11 (Impervious 11) / 4*
Fortitude 6, Will 8
* without force field

POWER POINTS
Abilities 54 + Advantages 3 + Defenses 12 + Powers 33 + Skills 7 = 109 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Accident:
When not wearing his containment suit, Radioactive Man emits rank 1 radiation Damage.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: Prodigy Duck 3e Builds (Rattler)

Postby prodigyduck » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:10 am

RATTLER (PL 7)
Gustav Kruger
Bodycast: Thomas Kretschmann
Base of Operations: Serpent Citadel
Affiliation: Serpent Society
Height: 6’1”; Weight: 245 lbs.
Eyes: Blue; Hair: Grey

Strength 4, Stamina 4, Agility 3, Dexterity 2
Fighting 3, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence 2

POWERS
Rattler Suit:
Removable (-11 points)
Bionic Tail: Enhanced Strength 2 (Limited to tail, Reach), Extra Limb 1 – 4 points
Protective Armor: Immunity 1 (Personal Powers) – 1 point
Rattle: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Dazed / Stunned / Incapacitated; Resisted by Fortitude; Concentration, Cumulative), Linked Burst Area Damage 6 (Affects Objects Only, Concentration) – 42 points
Shockwave: Deflect 6 (Linked to Rattle) – 6 points

ADVANTAGES
Connected, Language 1 (English [German is native]), Ranged Attack 1

SKILLS
Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 2 (+4), Persuasion 6 (+8)

OFFENSE
Initiative
+3
Sonic Vibration Area (Affliction 6)
Tail Strike +3 (Close, Damage 6)
Unarmed +3 (Close, Damage 4)

DEFENSE
Dodge
5, Parry 5, Toughness 4
Fortitude 6, Will 8

POWER POINTS
Abilities 46 + Advantages 3 + Defenses 12 + Powers 42 + Skills 7 = 110 Total

COMPLICATIONS
Disability:
Without the use of a hearing aid, Rattler is Disabled with hearing-based Perception checks.
Motivation: Rattler seeks to eliminate humanity from the world.
Secret: Gustav is possessed by the spirit of a Lemurian Serpent Man.

Return to “Roll Call”