Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Neutron, Oracle, Shi'ar Death Commandos

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 pm

SEGA
Created By:
Chris Claremon & Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #466 (Jan. 2006)
Race: Unknown
Role: Weird-Powered Guy
Legionnaire Basis: None
Group Affiliations: The Shi'ar Death Commandos
PL 10 (174)
STRENGTH
-- STAMINA -- AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Space Soldier) 6 (+6)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 12 (+14)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Evasion, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
"Gaseous Body"
Insubstantial 2 [10]
Protection 4 [4]

"Rigged Explosion" Damage 10 (Feats: Triggered) (Extras: Area- 4 mile Burst +11) (121) -- [123]
    AE: "Huge Force Field" Force Field 10 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 1000ft. Burst +8) (100)
    AE: "Atmospheric Control" Affliction 10 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cloud +3, Cumulative) (50)
Equipment:
"Shi'ar Anti-Gravity Device"
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)
Immunity 7 (Suffocation 2, Cold, Hot, Radiation, Vacuum, Pressure) (7)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (No Damage, --)
Atmospheric Control +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Rigged Explosion +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (The Shi'ar Imperial Guard)

Total: Abilities: 2 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 137 / Defenses: 9 (174)

-SeGa does what Nintendon't. Actually, he's a gaseous being who chokes people, makes giant force fields a city block in radius, and sets the damn thing up to explode, which can apparently blow up everything for five miles. He can't be hurt by others, making him a REALLY cheesey character, but he's as vulnerable to telepathic attacks as any other guy with a +4 Will Save, and when you're fighting the X-Men, that's pretty bad.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Neutron, Oracle, Shi'ar Death Commandos

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 pm

GLADIATOR (Kallark)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Dave Cockrum
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #107 (Oct. 1977)
Race: Strontian
Role: Supermanalogue
Legionnaire Basis: Superboy
Group Affiliations: The Shi'ar Imperial Guard, The Annihilators
PL 15 (269)
STRENGTH
17 STAMINA 17 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Attack (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Space Hero) 9 (+10)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 10 (+12)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 2 (Imperial Guard Praetor), Close Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Ultimate Strength Check, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Power-Lifting 4 (50,000 tons) [4]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Flight 14 (32,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (29) -- [31]
    Dynamic AE: Quickness 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (11)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
"Super-Vision" Senses 6 (Microvision 2- Cellular Sized, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [6]

"Heat Vision" Blast 14 (Feats: Penetrating 7) (35) -- [39]
    AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 13 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (17)
    AE: "Shockwave" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Both Grounded) (12)
    AE: "Super-Breath" Move Object 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (16)
    AE: "Freeze Breath" Snare 11 (33)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Shockwave +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Heat Vision +10 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Freeze Breath +10 (+11 Ranged Affliction, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +17, Fortitude +17, Will +9

Complications:
Responsibility (Duty)- Gladiator is so obsessed with duty that he willingly murdered nearly his entire race on the orders of the Emperor. He will immediately follow every single order the Emperors make, no matter how crazy they are.
Relationship (Lilandra)- Gladiator eventually fell in love with the Majestrix, and one of his only instances of disobeying the Emperor came when she was threatened. He even blew up Smasher's head because of it.
Power Loss (All Powers)- Strontians will lose all power if their convictions or confidence fails. Gladiator once had his ass whupped by Cannonball because of this.
Weakness (Rare Radiation Type)

Total: Abilities: 110 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 102 / Defenses: 14 (269)

-Gladiator is obviously the most famous and powerful of the Imperial Guard. Basically an homage of Superman, he's Marvel's most famous Supermanalogue, having been given nearly all of his powers. He's been characterized as a flawed Yes-Man, basically following whatever the Emperor demanded (even if it meant the extermination of his own, powerful race), whether they were crazy, inbred, or what have you. This is kinda the flaw with Marvel's Space Scene, as nearly every empire is ruled by monarchs who tend to go nuts, which Earth's own history has proven is the least effective form of government. In any case, his power level has made Gladiator famous, especially as fans got more and more "Power-focused" over time, demanding bigger & better feats from guys. Funny, in that Marvel used to PRIDE ITSELF on having a universe of more down-to-earth, less-powerful heroes more often than not (Spidey, the FF, most Avengers), and yet now seems to have a higher power-balance than DC does.

-Gladiator's been thrown in as the "major opponent" of a lot of powerful heroes because of his aura of respect, especially for Thor, who's defeated him a couple times so far (Odinson once, Masterson once). Even so, he's badass enough that nearly every encounter featuring him has at least one "Holy Crap!" moment, with the heroes basing their entire strategy off of defeating the Strontian powerhouse.

-Gladiator stats up like alot of my Supermanalogues, but costs much more than most of them, given his Life Support, frequently-shown Super Speed and ultra-powerful Blast (capable of decapitating teammate Smasher with ease). You could call him anywhere from PL 13 to PL 15, but I went with PL 15 with a few limitations (PL 14.5 melee, PL 13-13.5 defensively), mainly because he's lost to Thor a few times when the big guy fully let loose, and I've rendered Thor as a PL 14. Gladiator is just a smidge beyond him so Thor can still tangle, but has to pull out all the stops to do it. This makes him more powerful than any single hero short of the Silver Surfer.

-His "Loses Confidence" weakness comes up from time to time (it NEVER happens when facing opponents of great might, but guys like Gambit and Cannonball have knocked him on his ass because of it), so it's there as an uncommon thing. To set it off, you basically have to do something REALLY unlikely (like take his mightiest blow), or just get a telepath to directly screw with him. Neither is particularly easy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Jab's Builds: Neutron, Shi'ar Death Commandos, Gladiator

Postby Grayson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 am

Jab, there is something that I am curious about. I get the impression that you feel Thor has better showings in general than say Silver Surfer or Gladiator, yet, you put Thor at PL 14 and the other two at PL 15. Why is Thor not PL 15? Of course, I could be totally misinterpreting you. It just seems like he should be right there with those two. I even notice that you put Firelord at PL 15. Just wondering.

Kara
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kara » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am

Don't mind saying, I always found Gladiator's obsessive obedience really annoying.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:35 am

Grayson wrote:Jab, there is something that I am curious about. I get the impression that you feel Thor has better showings in general than say Silver Surfer or Gladiator, yet, you put Thor at PL 14 and the other two at PL 15. Why is Thor not PL 15? Of course, I could be totally misinterpreting you. It just seems like he should be right there with those two. I even notice that you put Firelord at PL 15. Just wondering.

Thor has a ton of bad showings, too- including stuff like being challenged by newbie Jobbers, The Wrecking Crew, random snipers, among others. His Area Effects also tend to be weaker overall. He's the top-tier Avenger, but isn't overwhelmingly so, and not that far above Hercules (PL 13) or Iron Man (PL 12), and is tied with Hulk (at PL 14, he can challenge a whole group of Avengers, but still be hurt by his own lower-tier foes) or even as powerful as the upper-tier Gods (Pluto, Neptune). I think everything fits more neatly together and covers more stories if Thor is "only" PL 14- it gives him something to shoot for.

Thor is also a BIG fan of the whole "Lose the first fight, come back and try harder the next time", not to mention the "Thor has a regular book and the others don't, so he always has more wins and showings" effect. And I believe him to be generally less powerful than the Surfer, who flies through stars with regularity. What helps Thor is his better fighting ability and tactics (very few guys at his strength level have Accurate Attack AND Power Attack)- I also generally assume that he plays a lot of HPs. How many times has he basically beaten a guy by pulling out a Limit Break or a "God Force" move that he doesn't usually possess?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:44 am

Kara wrote:Don't mind saying, I always found Gladiator's obsessive obedience really annoying.

I'd take Hyperion over Gladiator anytime.
Over eleven hundred DCA/M&M Character builds at http://www.rcuhero.net

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:35 am

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:
Kara wrote:Don't mind saying, I always found Gladiator's obsessive obedience really annoying.

Which one?

This one? (which despite a dated design is still part of an amazing story)

Or this one?
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:

Which one?

Or this one?

This one!

Honestly, I think the other design is more dated. This one could have been designed anywhen between 1945 and now. There's nothing that says "This was designed in 1969". The "What if Superman landed in a John le Carré novel" look screams "I was designed in the oughts".

Goldar
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Goldar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Earth-Two_Kenn wrote: I'd take Hyperion over Gladiator anytime.

Yes, or maybe even ....

Count Nefaria!

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Hyperion & Gladiator actually had a fight in the comics once- it was basically Hype going "crap, this guy's equal in strength to me, but gets to fight top-tiers all the time, while I spent most of my time trying not to accidentally skoosh guys' heads and so I'm a worse fighter". Then he pulled out some of Gladiator's mohawk (messing with the HAIR? Dick move, Hype!) and STABBED HIM WITH THE STRANDS.

Gladiator's also a particularly odd type of "Power Creep"- in his initial appearances, I've heard (I don't remember the issue very well) that he was shown as around Colossus' level in Strength. Nowadays, he's generally considered to be above Hyperion and Eric Masterson Thor at least (Eric had to follow Glads KOing Wonder Man, then use Living Lightning as an Improvised Weapon, THEN break his limits to win the fight), and has punched a world to death. He's equal in power to his sister (at least- he's probably stronger), who once EFFORTLESSLY pounded Ravenous, a Silver Surfer-class being, within an inch of his life.

That said, he's only a half-PL higher than Thor on Offense & Defense, and has that nasty Weakness that can hold him back.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Woodclaw wrote:Which one?

That one for me too. Loved that version of the Squadron Supreme... I so wish they would use those characters again.

I actually had this idea for a new Marvel Squadron Supreme project... Kind of an anti-52 project. Instead of a weekly comic, have a monthly trade anthology which would include 3 new titles & an issue of the original.

The titles would have been Squadron Supreme (picking up a few years after where Exiles left off), The Olympians (a teen titans pastiche full of 2nd generation sidekicks) & a solo title (possible a nightwing style title, about one of the characters from the Olympians).

An of course each trade would have character info packs in them... It'd be like reading a trade paper back comic anthology from an alternate earth where Squadron Supreme was Marvels normal universe. It would certainly have been a fun 12 month long experiment... But alas, it shall never come to be. :cry:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 pm

ZENITH (Something Longknife)
Created By:
Terry Kavanagh & Dave Cockrum
First Appearance: X-Men Spotlight On.... Starjammers #2 (1990)
Race: Shi'ar
Role: The Rival Brother
Group Affiliations: The Shi'ar Imperial Guard
Legionnaire Basis: None (kinda looks like Wildfire, but that's taken by Impulse)
PL 12 (158)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Perception 4 (+5)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Absorb & Rechannel Energy"
"Energy Drain" Affliction 14 (Power Level; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (42) -- [43]
    AE: "Absorbed Blast" Blast 14 (Feats: Variable 2- Any Energy) (Flaws: Requires Energy Drain, Limited to Level of Energy Drained) Linked to Force Field 4 (13)
"Flight Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [22]
Protection 2 (2)
Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (2)
-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blasts +10 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Energy Drain +10 (+14 Ranged Affliction, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+7 Flight Suit, +11 Force Field), Fortitude +7, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Brother, Raza Longknife)- The two were now enemies after some split that occured in their past. It might have something to do with the fact that Raza is now an anti-Shi'ar Pirate.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 65 / Defenses: 14 (158)

-Zenith was a one-shot character introduced for a "Spotlight" mini-series- he was the brother of Starjammer member Raza Longknife, used a power-suit, and had the ability to Drain & Redirect Energy. He was killed in battle with Carol Danvers in her "Binary" identity, having been blown up upon realizing that he couldn't drain all her power, for it was limitless.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm

FLASHFIRE (aka Tempest)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Dave Cockrum
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #107 (Oct. 1977)
Race: Unknown (white-skinned humanoid)
Role: Blaster
Legionnaire Basis: Lightning Lad
Group Affiliations: The Shi'ar Imperial Guard
PL 10 (123)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Space Hero) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+2)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Blasts) 1 (+9)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Imperial Guard), Defensive Attack, Equipment 4 (Anti-Gravity Device), Improved Aim, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 3, Seize Initiative, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
Electrical Blast 11 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split, Penetrating 6) (30) -- [33]
    AE: "Lightning Bolt" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (30)
    AE: Dazzle Visuals 10 (Extras: Area- Visual Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range)
    AE: "High Voltage Stun" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (30)
Equipment:
"Shi'ar Anti-Gravity Device"
Flight 5 (10)
Space Travel 1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Electrical Blast +9 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Lightning Bolt +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Dazzle +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
High Voltage Stun +9 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 15 (123)

-Flashfire (formerly Tempest, changed to avoid confusion with DC's former Aqualad) looks pretty cool, though like most of the Guard is VERY "Seventies" in design, especially that big lightning bolt and his Adam Warlock/Teen Idol hair. Statting out as a generic Electric Guy, with few feats or side powers aside from his Dazzle Visuals effect, he's not even immune/resistant to electricity! Kind of sad, considering he's a riff on Lightning Lad, one of the most IMPORTANT members of the old Legion. He was also apparently married to teammate Oracle, but it got dropped later, and they're both insignificant side characters, so it was likely just forgotten. Unlike most of the Imperial Guard, who at best only SOMETIMES are shown flying, Flashfire does it on a fairly regular basis.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:17 pm

XENITH (aka Strontian)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald & Scot Eaton
First Appearance: Star Masters #1 (Dec. 1995)
Race: Strontian
Role: Supermanalogue With Boobs
Legionnaire Basis: Supergirl
Group Affiliations: The Praetorians, The Cosmic Commandos, The Star Masters
PL 14 (258)
STRENGTH
17 STAMINA 17 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Space Character) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 12 (+12)
Investigation 3 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)
Technology 4 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Imperial Guard), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Power-Lifting 4 (50,000 tons) [4]
Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Flight 14 (32,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (29) -- [31]
    Dynamic AE: Quickness 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (11)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
"Super-Vision" Senses 6 (Microvision 2- Cellular Sized, Vision Penetrates Concealment) [6]

"Heat Vision" Blast 14 (Feats: Penetrating 7) (35) -- [39]
    AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 13 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (17)
    AE: "Shockwave" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Both Grounded) (12)
    AE: "Super-Breath" Move Object 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (16)
    AE: "Freeze Breath" Snare 11 (33)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Shockwave +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Heat Vision +10 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Freeze Breath +10 (+11 Ranged Affliction, DC 21)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +17, Fortitude +17, Will +5

Complications:
Power Loss (All Powers)- Strontians will lose all power if their convictions or confidence fails. Xenith was once badly hurt because a telepath convinced her that she was in trouble.
Weakness (Rare Radiation Type)

Total: Abilities: 100 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 102 / Defenses: 12 (258)

-I actually had no idea that this character was such an old creation- I figured she was a retcon added to "War of Kings". In actuality, Xenith was a Gru-created (of course) Supergirl analogue to go along with Gladiator, and she teamed with some space guys and fought Beta-Ray Bill and such, even lifting his hammer Stormbreaker... and then Abnett & Lanning re-wrote her as an insane murderess who was in jail. Yeah, basically she's two completely different characters in different eras.

-Xenith/Strontian's exact power level seems to be PL 14-ish- she's fought Beta-Ray Bill, she's a challenge for Gladiator, and she once beat the living CRAP out of Ravenous (whose "New Villain Stink" lasted a pathetically-short amount of time. Beating up Silver Surfer to utterly jobbing to Powered-Up Surfer and Xenith within a couple years), a Silver Surfer-class being, by jumping him while he was on a throne (the non-toilet kind).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Earth-Two_Kenn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Earth-Two_Kenn » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:12 am

Jabroniville wrote:-I actually had no idea that this character was such an old creation- I figured she was a retcon added to "War of Kings". In actuality, Xenith was a Gru-created (of course) Supergirl analogue to go along with Gladiator, and she teamed with some space guys and fought Beta-Ray Bill and such, even lifting his hammer Stormbreaker... and then Abnett & Lanning re-wrote her as an insane murderess who was in jail. Yeah, basically she's two completely different characters in different eras.

My theory: She was a retcon added to "War of Kings". It was only later that someone, probably a fan, pointed out that a superficially similar character had appeared earlier. At which point, it was decided that "oh, it's not a retcon, it's the same character" despite the different name, appearance, and personality.

Return to “Roll Call”