Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:16 am

Oddly enough, Dancing water claims that her father is Avalanche (Who Red Skull lobotomized and sent on a destructive rampage at the start of the arc in order to get the ball rolling). So.... wouldn't that make her a mutant as well?

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:14 am

No. Graydon Creed wasn't a mutant and his father was Sabretooth and mother was Mystique.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:25 am

Phrozen wrote:No. Graydon Creed wasn't a mutant and his father was Sabretooth and mother was Mystique.

Yeah, but Graydon doesn't have any powers at all (aside from the power of being a massive unrelenting A hole). Dancing water does have super powers.

Phrozen
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Phrozen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 am

Crinos wrote:
Phrozen wrote:No. Graydon Creed wasn't a mutant and his father was Sabretooth and mother was Mystique.

Yeah, but Graydon doesn't have any powers at all (aside from the power of being a massive unrelenting A hole). Dancing water does have super powers.

Well, if you found out your parents basically abandoned you because you weren't a mutant you would have issues too. Of course, he took them way way too far.

Also, she could of gotten powers later and not born with them like mutants are.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:31 am

Phrozen wrote:
Crinos wrote:

Well, if you found out your parents basically abandoned you because you weren't a mutant you would have issues too. Of course, he took them way way too far.

Also, she could of gotten powers later and not born with them like mutants are.

Given the hodge-podge way mutant powers are handled in the MU, her powers being different than Avalanche's is no surprise. Neither Quicksilver nor Scarlet Witch's powers resemble Magneto's, nor do Alex Summers and Scott Summers share the same powers (Alex generates ionized plasma and Scott fires "force beams"). Heck, Sam and Paige Guthrie's powers don't resemble one another's in the least. Actually, situations like Theresa Cassidy having the same powers as Sean Cassidy seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Given all that, why does it shock anyone that Dancing Water would have different powers than her father?

Just sayin'.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Well they aren't entirely different. They both have an elemental theme: Avalanches theme is Earth, his daughter's is water.

Tevourious
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Tevourious » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:20 pm

More fight info soon. Been busy at work :)

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Fight! Fight! Fight!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:21 am

Horsenhero wrote:Actually, situations like Theresa Cassidy having the same powers as Sean Cassidy seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Or Polaris & Magneto having the same power.... Or the 2 mutants in Runaways, but that's hinted at being incestuous in its nature.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Gazman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:02 pm

I got the impression that none of the S-Men were mutants. I thought the main deal was that they were hurt by mutants and then given powers by like enchanted artifacts or whatever. Red Skull made a special super creepy exception to no mutants in order to work with the Scarlet Witch. Then he still sends Wanda out with Rogue to be all Brotherhood of Evil Mutantsy, but doesn't include any of the S-Men. Pretty sure that not even Dancing Water is a mutant.

But also: nice work, Jab! A bunch of really solid builds with very little to go on. Well done.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:05 pm

Hey all! Just checking in from Disneyworld! Apparently I am the zen master of line-ups, because I've hardly been in any so far. But GOD Florida is hot- even the Spring heat is ungodly.

For the curious, my next set of builds will feature Marvel's organizations- HYDRA, SHIELD, AIM, and some others that AREN'T all capitalized!

After that, it's finally time for some SNK builds - just Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury for now.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:08 pm

Um...you might want to wait and post them at the new thread, chief... :wink:

You could get the joy of redoing all your builds again!

Did you ride Soarin' yet? Have you proposed to any princesses yet? Did you go to Universal yet and drink Butterbeer at Potter World?
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:28 am

Oh hell- now I have to figure out the new board set-up when I get home, and decide if re-posting is what I want to do. Will the old stuff still be visible, with pics and everything?

No proposals yet, Thorp- the girls all look SUPER young (about movie accurate in terms of age, actually) and wear a butt load of makeup. Plus, y'know, they're all married. I didn't see Anna & Elsa, as the line is astonishing FOUR HOURS LONG.

Epcot is on Friday, but I visited a bit after Animal Kingdom and rode Mission: Space, which isn't so bad, even on the high-level setting. Rock & Roller coaster is RAD, though.

razzputin
Partisan
Partisan

Postby razzputin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:56 pm

if you go to Universal you gotta give the spiderman ride a whirl. It's very 90's in the villians and content but still freaking awesome.
razz--as in to give someone hell
putin--as in computin
rAzZPutIn--as in the mad monk
Razz's Random Conversions

Return to “Roll Call”