Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Tevourious
Groupie
Groupie

THE GAME: Round 3 (Group 2) (Hosted by Jabroniville)

Post by Tevourious »

THE GAME
ROUND 3
GROUP 2

ROCKET RACCOON
Rocket was not one stay out in the open without support. Realizing his fortune that the Allosaur forgot him, he quickly scurried into the nearest building for cover while he weighed his options. Upon entering, he found himself locked eye to eye with a dazed looking man in a brightly colored outfit.

“Eh?” Banshee mouthed upon sight of the armed Raccoon standing before him. His mind briefly boggled and he muttered a simple. “Wait...?” Before Rocket shot from the hip, aiming a deadly blast straight at his head.

Banshee careened backwards as the blast seared past his skull, burning half his face but leaving his head intact.

“BLOODY HELL!” He screamed in pain as the flesh of his face took on the look of burned bacon.

“More where that comes from ya giant green tool! Last man standing right here” Rocket shouted back, leveling his rifle for another shot.

“Yer no man you anthropomorphic Git! I'm ginne pop yer head like damn melon!” Banshee roared back, as a rage overtook him.

Rocket Raccoon (Mechanics)
Rocket Raccoon Shoots Banshee 8+12=(20) vs (14)
Banshee Toughness Roll 2-1=(1) Jebus Chripes Hero Point !!!
Banshee Toughness Roll 14-1=(13) vs (23) -1 Dazed

RYU

Ryu parried and countered each swing of his foe's weapon with practiced precision until finding his opening. Sub Zero ducked right to avoid wicked hook which Ryu feinted into a savage ax-kick to the head. A blur of motion and the gleam of ice left Ryu bewildered as his foe shattered from the blow. The explosion of frozen slurry drenched him then solidified in an instant leaving him frozen in mid kick.

The instantaneous decoy worked, and Sub-Zero reappeared in a flash to bury his blade into Ryu's heart. Lunging forward, with murderous intent he instead found himself the victim of a driving blow to gut as Ryu burst free of the ice.

“SHIN!” The street fighter screamed as he followed up the strike with a hook to side of the head that dazzled the Ninja's senses leaving him vulnerable to what was to come.
“SHO-RYUKEN!” Ryu finished, blasting his foe into the air with a dragon punch to the jaw that carried them both high into the air. Sub-Zero's jaw shattered from the blow, sending a spray of blood and teeth flying in all directions.

Falling to the ground in a crumpled heap, Ryu landed next to him and frowned in dismay. Sub-Zero's head lay a ruined mess and at a unnatural angle. He hadn't meant to kill him, but consoled himself with the fact that Ninja had the intent of stabbing him in the heart.

Walking away to face his next foe, a broken gurgle gave him pause.

“You... don't....walk away..........” Sub Zero choked as he pulled himself to his feet.

“You're done...” Ryu glared.

“We Finish this...” The badly wounded Ninja sputtered while coughing up blood.

Ryu (Mechanics)
Ryu Ice Clone Resistance Roll 4+3=(7) vs (16) Defenseless/Immobile Hero Point!!!
Ryu Ice Clone Resistance ReRoll 19+3(22) vs (16)
Ryu Dragon Punch Roll 18+14=(32) vs (23) Critical Hit SHORYUKEN!!
Sub-Zero Toughness Roll 5+4-1=(8) vs (26) Hero Point
Sub-Zero's Toughness ReRoll 1+10+4-1=(14) vs (26) Ohhhh dammn!!! -1 Staggered

SPIDER-MAN

“Oh you so picked the wrong guy.” Peter laughed as he vaulted off the ruined post and spiraled through the air. Gambit, as fast as he was, still found himself caught off guard as Peter slammed into his chest with both feet.

Remy felt several ribs crack from the blow as he was sent crashing through the air and towards the unforgiving stone and mortar of a brick wall. Realizing the danger of such a impact, the X-Man reacted with lightning reflexes and flung a panic charged deck of cards at it. The explosive shock-wave stopped his momentum and dumped him unceremoniously into a pile of blasted rubble.

Pulling himself to his feet, he casually dusted himself off and winced at the piercing pain in his chest. Peter was on him in an instant. Surprisingly however, Remy was even faster.

Spider-Man (Mechanics)
Spider-Man Attack Action: Jack Gambit in the face Roll: 20+12=(32) vs (24) Crit BOOM
Gambit Toughness Roll: 12+5=(17) vs (28) Hero Point!!!
Gambit Toughness ReRoll: 10+10+5=(25) vs (28) – 1
Gambit Fast Grab Dodge Resistance: 10+15=(25) vs (18) Saves!!

GAMBIT

In a flash, Gambit brought his staff to bear and intercepted Peter with a baseball swing to the head . With a loud twang, the reinforced staff connected and rebounded harmlessly of Spider-Man's skull leaving the young Cajun confused and somewhat offended.

Peter paused with a look of disappointment. “Seriously dude?”

Gambit (Mechanics)
Gambit Attack Action: Staff Strike Roll 13+10=(23) vs (22) Hit
Spider-Man Toughness Roll: 18-1+7=(24) vs (19) Seriously Dude...

PUNISHER

Frank could hear the battle intensifying. Attrition was the name of this game. He was dealing with mutants, capes, monsters and robots. He was out of his league and he knew it, but he was not out gunned, nor outclassed. He just had to bide his time, lay low and pick his targets wisely. Clamoring up a fire escape, he reached the roof in hopes of finding a good sniper's perch

Punisher (Mechanics)
Punisher Move Action: Moves Across Street and Up Fire Escape

HARRY LELAND

Harry was in trouble, stunned from the blow to the face by Captain America, he counted himself lucky that the Hero let him go. Stumbling through the alley, his only worry at this point was the grim possibility that the Ninja in the razor armor would be hot on his heels and was almost certainly stalking him. A fact that came to light as the sound of metal scrapping tauntingly on stone echoed around him.

“Run if you wish coward... you can die tired and gasping in a gutter when I come for you.” Shredder taunted from the shadows.

Gripping his tire iron like a safety blanket, Harry wheezed in fear as his heart hammered in his chest. His only hope was to snare his foe with his powers before he got the drop on him.

“Face me like a man, face to face then!” He bellowed, hoping to draw Shredder out.

“In time... In time...” Shredder laughed.

Harry Leland (Mechanics)
Harry Leland Move Action: Move to Escape

GORO

Goro stood tall and looked Bane over, the big man was clearly wounded but remained proud and defiant before him. Such foolish bravado.

“You underestimate me. I'm your better in every way human. You should bow before me.”

“Come make me.” Bane chuckled then caught a fireball to the chest.

“I thought you'd never ask.” Goro smirked, his hands still trailing fire.

Grunting from the pain, Bane staggered backward from the blow and though dazed, he was still standing even as his eyes glazed over. This fight was proving a challenge, and part of him began to doubt if he was up to the task. Gritting his teeth he soldiered on, his foe would have to work for this victory, Bane was not one to lay down and die.

Goro (Mechanics)
Goro Attack Action: Fireball to the Chest Roll: 10+14=(24) vs (21) Hit!
Bane Withstand Damage +2 Toughness Roll 3-2+2+8=(11) vs (21) -1 dazed Hit

GOLIATH
Goliath looked with concern as Cyborg flew over head. His ally was clearly in need of help and the vile witch and her siren song had her sights on them both. Crouching, low, he took a running leap into the air and snagged Silver Banshee by the leg and smashed her into the ground like a club. With a scream of shock, she howled in pain even as the towering Gargoyle lifted her into the air by her throat.

“No more songs.” He growled, his eyes aglow.

“Good catch big guy!” Cyborg called down to him. “Careful, she's tougher than she looks. Hold tight I'll help you out!”

“I've got her...” Goliath snarled.

“Fool... you've only doomed yourself.” Silver Banshee wheezed behind a broad smile.

Goliath (Mechanics)
Goliath Power Attack Roll 15-5+13=(23) vs (20)
Silver Banshee Toughness Roll 18+3=(21) vs (27) -1 Dazed
Silver Banshee Fast Grab Dodge Roll 3+10=(13) vs (16) Grappled

ANACONDA
Anaconda hated the beautiful woman dancing about her. Slender, shapely, agile, she was everything she wasn't and knew it. Jessica could sense the woman's anger, and couldn't be certain if it was because of the pheromones or just plain old fashion hatred. Either way she found it funny, the bruiser's flailing and rage made her inaccurate.

“You're really not very good at this are you ugly?” She laughed.

“Damn you!” Anaconda snarled, her blood pounding in her head. “Don't laugh at me!”

“But you make it so easy Gilla Monster.”

“Stop it!”

Realizing her anger was a hindrance, Anaconda did all she could to simply get a hand upon her foe, it was all it would take. Her fingertips danced along Jessica's waist, tantalizingly close but the moment slipped away as she flipped away with infuriating ease.

“No!” Anaconda screamed.

“Oh wow... are you crying?” Jessica paused, genuinely shocked and somewhat startled.

Anaconda glared slowly at her. Something changed, and Jessica could sense it

Anaconda (Mechanics)
Anaconda Attack Action: All out Attack Grapple Roll: +4+10=(14) Vs (23) miss...

BULLSEYE

Lester laughed wildly, it was a laugh born of desperation and rage. Snarling, he thrashed, twisted, coiled and squirmed, joints popping and limbs twisting in a wild bid of escape even as the thing pinned him to the ground.

Then, almost startling easy, he slipped free and found him self sprawled on his back in front of the stunned monster.

“Well what do you know...” He gasped, then scrambled into the ruins as fast as his legs could carry him. Howling, the Chimera tore after him, having no desire to be deprived of it's meal.

Bullseye (Mechanics)
Bullseye Escape Grapple Roll: 17+10=(27) vs (24) Breaks Free
Bullseye Runs!!!

End Group 2

Comments:
Some nasty exchanges this time. :) Over all a decent set. Short and sweet.

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Re: Jab's Builds: MVP, KIA, Butterball, Hardball, The Order

Post by Thorpacolypse »

The Order books were some of the best things to come out of the Civil War. Really fun read about some very flawed individuals learning what it really meant to be heroes. I was going to stat them all at PL10/150 because they really seemed like the perfect group of starting PCs. But for the most part, you got their "realistic" PLs pretty close.
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Crinos »

Also, if I may make a request, when you finish these builds could you do the S Men from Uncanny Avengers? Just started reading it and its a pretty nasty group of guys.

Tevourious
Groupie
Groupie

THE GAME: Round 3 (Group 3) (Hosted by Jabroniville)

Post by Tevourious »

THE GAME
ROUND 3
GROUP 3

BATMAN

The brawl between Batman and Iron fist was evenly matched by all accounts. Every swing was expertly parried, every blow deftly blocked. Changing stances, Bruce stepped back, Danny, confident in his prowess stepped forward to press the advantage then found himself jabbed roughly in the throat by a snake strike.

Gagging, he staggered briefly but shook it off as Bruce tried to slip around behind him for a choke. Spinning out of the grapple he prepared a defense only to find himself suddenly alone.

“What the hell?” He blurted, looking around in shock. “Invisibility? Come on man.... what happened to a straight fight?”

Alone in the shadows, he could only wait and hope he saw the next attack coming. It was then that he noted Captain America rushing towards him with a strange blue cyborg, a beautiful young woman and a giant snow monster.

“Who the hell..” He mouthed quietly. The night was getting weirder by the second.

Batman(Mechanics)
Batman Attack Action: Neck Punch Roll: 19+17=(36) vs (26) Critical Hit
Iron Fist Toughness Roll: 8+4-1=(11) vs (23) Hero Point!!
Iron Fist Toughness ReRoll: 4+10-1+4=(17) vs (23) -1 Dazed
Iron Fist Fast Grab Resistance Dodge Roll 8+13=(21) vs (13) Dodge
Batman Hide in Plain Sight Roll: 10+15=(25)
Iron Fist Perception Roll 3+14=(17) vs (25) Fail

SHREDDER
Shredder, watched with cold amusement as Harry Leland stumbled half blind in the darkened ally. The explosion nearby had clearly shaken the fat man's resolve and left him a quivering, nervous wreck. It was rather disgusting. Dropping casually from the shadows behind his prey, he withdrew his spear and made short work of it.

“It's time...” He whispered in Harry's ear before driving the spear clean through his mid section and lifting him bodily into the air.

With a shrill scream of pain and surprise Harry flailed wildly in the air a moment, before Oroku tossed him aside with cold, emotionless ease.

“Help me!” Harry screamed, his heart hammering painfully in his chest.

“There is no one to save you.” Shredder responded impassively as he wiped the tip of his spear in snow. Satisfied, he holstered it and stalked to Harry's side and knelt.

“Now then, where were we...?” He whispered and readied his blades.

Shredder (Mechanics)
Shredder Hide in Plain Sight Roll: 15+12=(27)
Harry Leland Perception Roll: 8+6=(14) vs (27)
Shredder Power, Sneak Spear Attack Roll: 17+14=(31) vs (13) So not fair...
Harry Leland Toughness Roll: 12-1+2=(13) vs (25) -1 Staggered ….

COLOSSAL BOY
Tired of the taunting Gim sneered in anger. Gritting his teeth he grew to his full height until his legs straddled the width of the lot and crumbled various buildings around him. Startled, the combatants gave pause to now obvious threat on the field.

“This is over!” He roared, raising a foot the size of a small house into the air and slamming it down with all his might.

The shock wave crumbled buildings and scattered concrete in every direction.
Captain Britain found himself slammed back into a collapsing building leaving him dazed and bruised in the rubble.

“Damn!” He coughed, shaking his head. “Okay kid, that was good.... But you just made yourself the target of everyone out here...”

“I don't care, I'll crush all of you!” Gim bellowed, his tantrum continuing.

Goro, focused on Bane barely avoided the impact of giant feet as the explosion of debris sent him flying forward into a heap half way across the lot. Grimacing, he looked up in actual awe then searched for Bane.

“This means nothing human, your fight it still with me! Surely you're not dead yet?”

Bane pulled himself out of the rubble with a groan, everything hurt, but yet he stood. “I'm not dead yet monster...” He coughed as he struggled to his feet.

Anaconda had the misfortune of being directly underfoot when Gim's tantrum began. Crushed into the ground she vanished underfoot without a trace.

Spider-Woman meanwhile slipped gracefully amongst the raining destruction without out a scratch and found herself feeling somewhat sympathetic for her foe.

“Harsh, no one deserves that.” She mouthed in horror.

As the Gim's tantrum moved on, Jessica's eyes grew wide as Anaconda stepped into view, dusty and battered, her clothes were in shreds but she stood tall and unharmed.

“I am no bug to be crushed and ignored...” She sniffed angrily. “Our fight can wait, this bastard will pay for what he's done.” She glowered then turned to look up at the titan standing oblivious above her.

Jessica was impressed, looking about, she found herself thankful for the turn of events. With a low whistle she quietly turned to vanish into the shadows.

Frank Castle wasn't sure what happened as he pulled himself out of the rubble of the building he'd been in. Sitting up, he coughed up dust and mud and found himself staring at soles of house sized boots.

“This damn kid...” He groaned, as he prepared a rocket propelled grenade. “That's it...”

Goliath felt the shock-wave as did everyone else on the side of the lot. Looking up to Cyborg, he called out with more than a little of concern.

“What was that?”

“Man I don't even know, it's hard to see through all this crap. I think the big guy pulled a building down on that group over there.”

Rogue covered her face from the dust as it swirled about her face. “Sugah, these giants are getting out of control, they're going to be the death of you guys.”

“Then do something about it!” Jack in the Box screamed over the winds at her.

“Who are you dude?” Iceman snorted as he slide past again.

Captain America noted Bobby fly overhead and turned to Elsa and Mister Freeze.

“That's one of the X-men, they'll help us if we're lucky. Let's go help Iron Fist and get out of here.”

“Who... what?” Elsa gawked. “What was that explosion?”

“A building collapsing I would imagine.” Mr Freeze surmised.

“We need to get out of this alley before one falls on us then.” The young queen pointed out.

“You'll be okay, you have my word.” Steve promised her firmly.

Mr Freeze narrowed his eyes curiously at him. “I'll hold you to that promise.”

“Lets move...”

Colossal Boy (Mechanics)
Colossal Boy Attack Action: Massive Area Attack Stomp (DC25)

Captain Britain Dodge Resistance Roll 18+9=(28) vs (20) Save
Captain Britain Toughness Roll: 2+11=(13) vs (20) -1 Dazed Way to crap out dude...

Goro Dodge Resistance Roll 19+12=(31) vs (20) Save
Goro Toughness Roll: 5-2+7=(10) vs (20) -1 Dazed Ouch Bummer

Bane Dodge Resistance Roll 15+11=(26) vs (20) Save
Bane Withstand Damage Toughness Roll 7-1+8=(14) vs (20) – 1 Dazed Poor Bane...

Anaconda Dodge Resistance Roll 3+8=(11) vs (20) I actually feel sorry for her.
Anaconda Toughness Roll: 5+9=(14) vs (25) Hero Point....
Anaconda Toughness Reroll: 17+9=(26) vs (25) Good girl

Spider-Woman Dodge Resistance Roll 16+13=(29) vs (20) Dodge
Spider-Woman Toughness Roll 15+7=(22) vs (20) Saved

Punisher Cover, Dodge Resistance Roll 13+5+11=(29) vs (20) Dodge
Punisher Toughness Roll 12+6=(18) vs (20) -1

ROGUE

Seeing the carnage due to Colossal Boy's tantrum, Rogue realized she had to take action, for the benefit of everyone involved. Circling around to gather speed, she barreled full speed into the titan's chest with everything she had.

“Sorry big boy, this is going to hurt you way more than it is me!”

Underestimating her, Gim stood firm against the blow and found himself blown off his feet and sent crashing into a building. The ensuing crash threw everyone in the area to the ground and toppled more buildings in the vicinity.

“Wow...” Bobby gawked.

“What madness do I find myself in...” Goliath mouthed in horror, clearly not used to feeling inadequate.

“Hey, Southern Bell, you want a gig? I can get you in on the League!” Cyborg cheered.

Rogue flexed proudly a moment then bowed for the cheering crowd. “More where that came from fellas let's see what the big guy has left?” She laughed brightly, then frowned as Gim pulled himself to feet.

Dazed he stared transfixed at the tiny woman floating before him.

“You... dare?”

“I dare a lot of things big boy.” She winked even as he leaped towards her, scattering ruins in his wake.

Rogue (Mechanics)
Move Action: Close on Gim
Attack Action: All Out Power Attack Roll 5+5-5+11=(16) vs (15) …. Rogue needs new dice.
Colossal Boy Toughness Roll 3+13=(16) vs (31) Hero Point!!! DAMN
Colossal Boy Toughness ReRoll 12+13=(25) vs (31) -1 Dazed

ALLOSAUR

The Allosaur disliked the cold, it made it nervous and angry. Grumbling it's disapproval and having missed out on two meals, it was growing agitated. Motion overhead caught it's attention, something was coming, rushing forward. It leaped into the air to snatch the flying snack.

Ice-man screamed like a girl as he found himself engulfed by massive jaws and nearly swallowed alive. Rolling around in the thing's mouth it was all he could to keep from being sliced to pieces by the beast's razor sharp teeth. In a panic, he filled the creatures mouth with ice. It bought him a scant moment to breath and get his bearings enough to keep from being killed outright.

The respite was brief as the ice shattered under the crushing power of the vice like bite.
“Rogue help! It's going to eat me!” He screamed in a panic as he found himself wedged and ground between the monsters gums.

Standing atop his perch on a nearby roof top. Jack In The Box nearly fell over laughing as the Allosaur gnawed hungrily on the screaming X-Man as if he were nothing more than a wad of gum.

Allosaur (Mechanics)
Allosaur Move Action: Close on Iceman
Allosaur Attack Action: Bite Iceman Roll 16+8=(24) vs (19)
Iceman Toughness Roll: 3+8=(11) vs (25) HERO POINT!!!
Iceman Toughness ReRoll: 11+8=(19) vs (25) -1 Dazed
Iceman Fast Grab Dodge Resistance Roll: 4+10=(14) vs (17) Restrained

IROH

The Dragon of the West was tired of the impudent youth threatening himself, and more importantly, the young Avatar. With a gesture he fired a gout of flame from his fingertips. Lunging clear, Clint kept just ahead of the stream before diving behind a couch for cover. In a flash the old piece of furniture erupted into flames that left him crouched in the open behind a pile of cinders.

“Nice...” Hawkeye scowled, then gave the old man the finger.

With an amused snort, the old dragon leveled his eyes in preparation.

Iroh (Mechanics)
Iroh Attack Action: Accurate Fire Blast Roll 9+5+12=(26) vs (23)
Hawkeye Toughness Roll: 17-1+5=(21) vs (18)

AMERICAN BOBSLED TEAM
(Elsa, Mr Freeze, Captain America, Marshmallow)

Captain America slipped through the shadow alley with care. Iron Fist, met him half way, still coughing from the brutal blow delivered to him by Batman. Reaching out, he shook Steve's hand in greeting.

“Captain, I'm glad to see you, if there is anyone out here I can trust it's you. Careful, that freak I was fighting is creeping around here somewhere.”

“Captain?” Else mumbled curiously.

“Yes little lady, Steve here is the best and brightest the US has to offer.”

“Interesting... How is it that I've never heard nor recognize any of you?” Mr Freeze commented idily.

“Well it's painfully obvious that we're all from alternate realities.” Elsa piped up.

“What she said.” Captain America shrugged, it made as much sense as anything else.

“Who is that?” Danny asked curiously, gesturing to her.

“Queen Elsa of Arendelle.” Elsa announced proudly.

Steve and Iron First merely exchanged confused glances while Mr Freeze bowed respectfully.

“Yeah, um... The Big guy is with her.” Steve shrugged.

“Which one?” Danny flinched, taking notice of Marshmallow.

“Both...” Steve and Mr Freeze announced in unison.

“Yeah okay then.” Iron Fist shrugged then clapped his hands together. “So we're a team right? I like teams, teams are good, especially in a situation like this, the more the merry right.” Iron Fist smirked, still rubbing his throat.

“I was hoping you'd come around.” Steve smiled.

“What are you nuts, I'm all in. If I can't trust you, who can I trust?”

“What about you?” Steve asked, looking to a shadowy corner. Everyone turned to see who he was talking to.

“I had a feeling you saw me, I could tell as soon as you walked up.” Batman said evenly as he stepped from the shadows.

“You...” Mr Freeze grumbled cautiously.

“Victor.” Batman nodded warily.

“Oh great, you two know each other.” Iron Fist frowned, starting to second guess his decision.

“Interesting.” Steve noted, turning to regard Mr Freeze. “Do tell.”

“Yes Victor, do tell.” Batman smirked dryly.

Stiffening, Mr Freeze looked to Elsa, his face devoid of the desperation he was feeling. Unable to lie to her he slumped then began to speak. Batman saved him the trouble.

“Victor and I have worked together on occasion.” He said smoothly, while not a lie it wasn't entire true either. Victor regarded him a moment.

“Batman is hero in our world, he protects the city of Gotham... and is a member of the Justice League.”

“You guys don't look like heroes.” Iron Fist grumbled skeptically, still rubbing his throat.

“What exactly does a hero look like?” Elsa asked curiously as Marshmallow bristled, his icy talons flexing.

“Okay fine... Cap, I'm following your lead here.”

“You're a hero eh?” Captain asked Bruce cautiously. “A pleasure to meet you then, Batman was it?”

Batman looked at his hand a moment then shook it firmly. “It works... “What's the plan?”

“Make it out of here in once piece.” Steve shrugged. “We work together, perhaps we can find a way out before someone is killed.”

“Fair enough...” Batman agreed, giving Mr Freeze and Elsa a knowing look.

“What?” Elsa frowned.

“Nothing...”

ABT (Mechanics)

Batman Stealth DC (25)
Captain America Perception Roll: 20+11=(31) Success
Elsa Perception Roll: 13+4=(17) vs (25) Fail
Marshmallow Perception Roll: 11-1=(10) vs (25) Fail
Mr Freeze Perception Roll: 14+7=(21) vs (25) Fail

End Group 3

Notes: Okay the American Bobsled team as they were known provoked a series of events that nearly led to fights at the tables. LOL I mean comic wise, a freaking Team up between Batman and Captain America alone isn't fair in and of itself.
Last edited by Tevourious on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SCORPION I (MacDonald "Mac" Gargan)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Steve Ditko
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #19 (Dec. 1964)
Role: Left-Behind Villain, Upgraded Villain
Spidey Villain Ranking: C-List
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil
PL 10 (152)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Current Events) 2 (+2)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+5)
Perception 1 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Tail Sprays) 1 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Great Endurance, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Tail Strike) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle, Tracking

Powers:
"Scorpion Physiology"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [4]

"Scorpion Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [36]
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 5) (6)
Extra Limb 1 (1)
"Tail Acid Spray" Blast 9 Linked to Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) (36) -- (38)
  • AE: "Tail Tear Gas Spray" Affliction 9 (Fort; Dazed & Impaired Vision/Stunned & Disabled Vision/Incapacitated) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Extra Condition) (27)
    AE: "Tail Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (12)
-- (45 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Tail Strike +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Acid Spray +8 (+9 Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 24 & 16)
Tear Gas Spray +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 24)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9 (+10 Costume, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- Gargan hates J.Jonah Jameson for turning him into a freak, and Spider-Man for defeating him time and time again. He has ruined perfectly-good missions just because he got too focused on his vendettas.
Enemy (Spider-Man)
Responsibility (Insane)- The process which turned Gargan into The Scorpion has driven him insane, and he often spends time on a rampage.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 9 (152)

-The Scorpion, a Private Investigator hired to shadow Peter Parker (to uncover just WHERE he got those fabulous Spidey pix) then turned by JJJ into a super-powered menace, was initially a REALLY tough villain, capable of beating Spider-Man handily in a fight. It's a classic concept- the villain who takes the hero's powers and IMPROVES on them, thus becoming a major-league super-threat that requires the hero to use his head and natural talent to win. It wasn't to last, alas, as Spider-Man quickly gained in talent and experience, while Gargan got a never-ending supply of power-upgrades and new costumes, but never quite enough to be anything more than a one-note Jobber.

-I remember one particularly bad instance where Spidey had some stuff going on in his life, and was doing one of those "issue-long narration" things about it, while COMPLETELY IGNORING The Scorpion during a big fistfight between the two of them. He literally didn't mention Gargan the entire time, and basically ended up having beaten him while STILL narrating to himself. He'd pop up on Egghead's goofy-ass Masters of Evil team, fight Captain America of all people a couple times, and generally was just a "filler", non-epic Spidey villain- after all, Pete had a DOZEN better villains to choose from, no matter HOW cool it is to be based off of one of nature's most bad-ass killers. Gargan was thus as desperate as ANY villain for a major upgrade (all those sad '90s uniforms failed to last even a single story).

-Despite being a pathetic villain most of the time, The Scorpion is a PL 10 and rather dangerous, but mainly dependent on that tail. Most Scorpion stories only have the Tail Strike, but the '90s saw a series of upgrades with Tear Gas, Acid Spray (Blast linked to Weaken), and some other bits that got placed in and out depending on what the writers remembered. His Tail Strike is still easily his best attack, doing +12 damage (approaching Class 100 Powerhouse levels), and typically being boosted with Power Attack. He's rather inaccurate otherwise, but good enough to last a few rounds with Spidey, and his natural Strength & Toughness help him out. He's a pretty mediocre detective (I'm pretty sure his debut is the only time he'd ever used it), but packs a good deal of Combat Advantages onto his build. Not the prettiest PL 10, but he'd beat the PISS out of an Avengers Academy kid, even at this stage.

VENOM II (MacDonald "Mac" Gargan)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Steve Ditko
Role: Upgraded Villain, Mirror Image Villain, Chaotic Evil Psychopath
Villain/Ally Ranking: A-List
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil, The Thunderbolts, The Dark Avengers
PL 12 (235)
STRENGTH
10/11 STAMINA 9/11 AGILITY 4/8
FIGHTING 8/9 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6, +10 Agility, +12 Spider-Sense)
Deception 4 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 8 (+8, +12 Face, +15 Size)
Investigation 4 (+5)
Perception 1 (+2, +8 Spider-Sense)
Stealth 2 (+6, +10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Tail Strike) 2, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle, Tracking

Powers:
"Symbiotic Costume"
"Immune to Spider-Sense" Concealment (Spider-Sense) 1 (Extras: Continuous) [3]

"More Than Proportionate to A Spider"
Enhanced Strength 1 [2]
Enhanced Stamina 2 [4]
Protection 1 [1]
Enhanced Agility 4 [8]

"Spider-Movement"
Speed 2 [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Mimicking Scorpion Tail"
Extra Limb 1 [1]
"Tail Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) [11]

"Spider-Sense- Warns of Danger & Boosts Agility"
Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]
Enhanced Fighting 1 [2]
Enhanced Skills 10: Acrobatics 2 (+12), Perception 6 (+8), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11) [5]
Enhanced Advantages 2: Defensive Strike, Uncanny Dodge [2]
Enhanced Dodge 2 [2]
Enhanced Parry 2 [2]

"Cellular-Morphing Qualities"
"Scary-Ass Face" Enhanced Skills 4: Intimidation 4 (+14) [2]
Features 1: Carries Pocket [1]
Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
Regeneration 4 [4]
Morph 2 (10) -- [11]
  • AE: Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Flaws: Blending) (2)
"Self-Created Webbing"
"Web-Shooters"
"Web-Line" Movement 1 (Swinging) [2]
"Spider-Web" Snare 10 (Feats: Split, Tether) (32) -- [33]
  • AE: "Tendril Burst" Snare 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range) (30)
"Inconsistent Growth Powers- 20 Feet Tall"
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (8 feet) [4]
Growth 6 (+6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Flaws: Limited to Non-ST & STA Growths) [6]
"Height" Reach 2 [2]
Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Tail Strike +9 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Large Size +11 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Web Burst +10 Area (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Spider-Web +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +12

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (+10 Agility, DC 20), Parry +8 (+11 Senses, DC 21), Toughness +12, Fortitude +13, Will +6
"Growth" Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +14, Fortitude +15, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- Gargan hates J.Jonah Jameson for turning him into a freak, and Spider-Man for defeating him time and time again.
Obsession (Consumption of Flesh)- The Symbiote's bloodthirstiness has driven Gargan even madder than normal, and he will freely consume flesh whenever available to him, regardless of the consequences.
Enemy (Spider-Man)
Power Loss/Weakness (Webbing)- If Venom uses too much "Webbing", he will lose strength, or the ability to produce more, having used up too many of the symbiote's cells.
Power Loss (Fire & Sonics)- The Symbiote Race fears both fire and extremely loud noises. Being in proximity to either weakens Gargan to the point of losing all his abilities, moreso with more powerful applications.
Weakness (Fire & Sonics)- Similarly, Venom takes extra damage from fire and sonics. This depends on the writer (or the GM).
Power Loss (Growth)- Gargan can only grow to full size with enough effort, or after being injured. Usually it is only in response to an extremely large or tough foe, as well.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 120 / Defenses: 8 (235)

-Gargan-As-Venom is one of the better ideas Marvel's had in the past ten years- it saved both a "poisoned" villain in the over-used Eddie Brock, and a poisoned villain in the jobbed-out Mac Gargan. Once Brock got rid of the symbiote and tried to commit suicide, the symbiote looked for a new host (after rejecting a mob boss' weak son, leaving him to die in mid-leap), and hooked up with Gargan, who was in the middle of a big scheme with Norman Osborn against Spidey. Though Gargan lost, he now had the big bad-ass push of most villains' dreams, and he went all-out. He appeared in TONS of books as a major character, especially during Dark Reign & Siege, and fought Anti-Venom and others, proving himself as a major star. Though he got jobbed-out a few too many times for my taste (Spidey still routinely mocks him as a "freaking loser"), they did him a major boon with THAT push.

-Gargan is kind of a pain in the ass with that Growth power, but aside from that it's a standard addition of Venom's powers boosting up Gargan's frame, plus a tail he can make himself. The symbiote makes him tougher than Brock, and a notch stronger, but he's still a PL 11 at normal size. Enough to kick Spidey's ass, but he still maintains a losing record against him thanks to Spidey's added experience, smarts and luck.

THE SCORPION I- Upgrade (MacDonald "Mac" Gargan, aka Venom II)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Steve Ditko
Role: Upgraded Villain, Mirror Image Villain, Chaotic Evil Psychopath
Villain/Ally Ranking: A-List
Group Affiliations: The Masters of Evil, The Thunderbolts, The Dark Avengers
PL 11 (164)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6, +8 Sense)
Deception 4 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+5)
Perception 1 (+2, +6 Sense)
Stealth 2 (+6, +10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Tail Strike) 2, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Startle, Tracking

Powers:
"Arachnid Movement"
Speed 2 [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Scorpion-Sense- Warns of Danger & Boosts Agility"
Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]
Enhanced Skills 6: Acrobatics 2 (+12), Perception 4 (+6) [4]
Enhanced Advantages 2: Defensive Strike, Uncanny Dodge [2]
Enhanced Dodge 2 [2]
Enhanced Parry 2 [2]

"Cybernetic Scorpion Systems"
Extra Limb 1 [1]
"Tail Strike" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) [12]
"Body Armour" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 7) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Tail Strike +9 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+10 Senses, DC 20), Parry +9 (+11 Senses, DC 21), Toughness +9 (+12 Armour), Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- Gargan hates J.Jonah Jameson for turning him into a freak, and Spider-Man for defeating him time and time again.
Enemy (Spider-Man)

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 11 (164)

-Gargan was eventually separated from the Symbiote after a few years (it was then attached to FLASH THOMPSON of all people), which I feel is a big mistake- Marvel made COUNTLESS attempts at upgrading The Scorpion for years (especially in the '90s), and they all basically turned into nothing, as he already had a reputation as a Jobber by that point. With the Symbiote being taken away while he was in The Raft (post-Siege), Gargan was given a new suit by Alistair Smythe, in another attempt to hurt J. Jonah Jameson. Doc Ock (in Spidey's body) was able to access Parker's memories and hatred of Gargan to fuel a SUPER-punch to rip Gargan's jawbone off. So yeah, he's a Jobber again. But still PL 10-11, since he's gotten some boosts with his Armour. He might get downgraded right back to PL 10 over time, but we'll see.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

razzputin
Partisan
Partisan

Re: THE GAME: Round 3 (Group 3) (Hosted by Jabroniville)

Post by razzputin »

Tevourious wrote:Notes: Okay the American Bobsled team as they were known provoked a series of events that nearly led to fights at the tables. LOL I mean comic wise, a freaking Team up between Batman and Captain America alone isn't fair in and of itself.
Love it. Thank you for all the work you've put into this Tevourious. I love the play by play and it's amazing that you're doing them all in character. It is a pleasure to read.
razz--as in to give someone hell
putin--as in computin
rAzZPutIn--as in the mad monk
Razz's Random Conversions

Tevourious
Groupie
Groupie

Re: THE GAME: Round 3 (Group 3) (Hosted by Jabroniville)

Post by Tevourious »

razzputin wrote:
Tevourious wrote:Notes: Okay the American Bobsled team as they were known provoked a series of events that nearly led to fights at the tables. LOL I mean comic wise, a freaking Team up between Batman and Captain America alone isn't fair in and of itself.
Love it. Thank you for all the work you've put into this Tevourious. I love the play by play and it's amazing that you're doing them all in character. It is a pleasure to read.
An honor sir, but thank Jab, it's because of his work that this set up was even possible. :) I'll keep the updates going as long as Jab allows, or people tell me to shut up LOL :)

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Butterball, Hardball, The Order, Venom II

Post by Jabroniville »

As someone who ran a big "tourney of guys fighting", I can tell you that it's a lot of work too, and enough that I'd rather just sit there and spew out Wikipedia information in my builds :). Keep the fight coming!

Though watching any manner of fighting going on, I'm reminded of just how often the Hero Point goes towards stopping an instant-KO- that was ALL people used it for in the MK (VS) SF Tourney I ran for a bit, despite the fact that the SF guys had a mechanic to allow Extraordinary Effort to pull off their Super Moves. People would instead just use them to prevent KOs or other failed Toughness Saves. Though it's kind of the result of having a game where you fight till KO'd, I guess- people are obviously gonna fight as hard as they can to prevent that from occurring. Maybe a GM-imposed limit on doing that for players would prevent it (like you can only do it once per session or something).

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Post by BlindPugh »

Big fan of the Order, I wish they'd show up somewhere. That's another reason I miss the Initiative, not just for the camp plots, but for the check ins with the state teams too. Love the Scorpion, though I hate his current look, it's just trying far too hard. The Game is getting really exciting, too.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Tevourious
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Tevourious »

THE SCORPION I- Upgrade (MacDonald "Mac" Gargan, aka Venom II)

First let me say that apparently I have the mind of a tittering schoolboy....because I noticed something about
The Scorpion Upgrade Costume above.

He looks like he has a robot....um...shall we say... Naughty Princess and now I can't unsee it...

jspade
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post by jspade »

I want the Scorpion to be somebody again. I was psyched when he first got the new armor, which he never got to put on before Venom ate him. I was really hoping to see him stick with the Scorpion name; it's a badass name, but no, Venom is the stronger brand I guess.

Mac Gargan isn't a schemer; he just robs banks. Working stiffs get no respect any more. They just become Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
Jack of Spades' Builds

Tevourious
Groupie
Groupie

Post by Tevourious »

jspade wrote:I want the Scorpion to be somebody again. I was psyched when he first got the new armor, which he never got to put on before Venom ate him. I was really hoping to see him stick with the Scorpion name; it's a badass name, but no, Venom is the stronger brand I guess.

Mac Gargan isn't a schemer; he just robs banks. Working stiffs get no respect any more. They just become Superior Foes of Spider-Man.
While I never read much Spidey back in the day. I always kinda liked this guy's them. But always felt he did need a boost or new outfit.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville »

SCORPIA (Elaine Colls, aka The Scorpion II)
Created By:
Gregory Wright & Darick Robertson
First Appearance: Spider-Man: The Power of Terror #2 (Feb. 1995)
Role: Distaff Counterpart (to The Scorpion), Psycho-For-Hire
Group Affiliations: The Sinister Syndicate, The Sinister Six
PL 8 (95)
STRENGTH
2/6 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 2 (+4, +8 Suit)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Scorpia Costume" [29]
Enhanced Strength 4 (8)
"Micro-Thin Force Field" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) (9)
"Tail" Extra Limbs 1 (1)

"Tail Blaster" Blast 8 (Feats: Variable- Electrical, Microwave, Laser & Plasma) (17) -- (18)
  • AE: "Tail & Pincers" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2, Split) (Extras: Penetrating 4) (9)
-- (36 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Scorpia Costume +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Tail & Pincers +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Tail Blaster +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+7 Scorpia Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 11 (95)

-This character debuted WAY earlier than I thought- I figured her for a chick Scorpion meant to replace Mac Gargan when he became the second Venom, but instead she was created in the '90s by Silvermane as a villainous minion. Why he went to a MENTAL INSTITUTION for a subject is beyond me, but this is an Elderly Cybernetic Mafiosi, so who knows what the hell goes through his brain? She was betrayed by him and went solo, but eventually joined a Jobbery version of The Sinister Six who were trying to stop Kaine from killing more of them (like he'd done to Dr. Octopus), but after that, sort of vanished. She would appear from time to time in background scenes or just to brawl with Spider-Man, but never really did too much. She was last seen in The Fearless Defenders as one of Caroline Le Fay's background Lady Mooks, just as filler.

-Scorpia is basically a weak PL 8 Gargan knock-off, with a Tail Blaster and mini-Force Field.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SCORPION II (Thanasee Rappaccini, aka Carmilla Black)
Created By:
Fred Van Lente & Leonard Kirk
First Appearance: Amazing Fantasy #7 (June 2005)
Role: Distaff Counterpart (to The Scorpion), Random-Alignment Character
Group Affiliations: HYDRA, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Initiative
PL 9 (145)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 7 (+8)
Expertise (Spy) 5 (+6)
Insight 3 (+4)
Investigation 4 (+5)
Perception 3 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Technology 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (S.H.I.E.L.D. Tech- GPS, Camera, CommLink), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Hyper-Lymphatic System" Immunity 3 (Poison, Disease, Radiation) [3]
"Stinger" Weaken Stamina 8 (Extras: Progressive +2) (Inaccurate -1) (23) -- [24]
  • AE: "Varied-Effect Poisons" Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Progressive +2) (Inaccurate -1) (23)
"Scorpion Bodysuit" (Flaws: Removable) [38]
Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 5) (8)
"SPIN Tech Tail" Affliction 10 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Feats: Reach) (Extras: Continuous +3) (Inaccurate -1, Fades After 1/2 Hour -2) (38) -- (39)
  • AE: "Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (2)
-- (47 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Claws +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Stinger +8 (+8 Affliction or Weaken, DC 18)
SPIN Tech +8 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+7 Bodysuit, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Multiple Bosses)- Carmilla has worked for various employers, on both sides of the law.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 65 / Defenses: 10 (145)

-ooohhhhh, THIS is why I thought Scorpia had debuted years later! THIS is the new HYDRA lady who was hanging out with Hardball in The Initiative, and had Poison and stuff! Carmilla Black was adopted by A.I.M. Agents as a baby, and grew up to have super-powers, and got mixed up in a big war between S.H.I.E.L.D. & A.I.M., finally joining the former as a super-powered agent. Disgusted with how her bosses treated The Hulk (during World War Hulk), she turned on them and joined the pro-Hulk Renegades. Then all of a sudden she was dating Hardball and the co-leader of *HYDRA* of all people (though it was implied she was a mole put their by Nick Fury), then started working as a super-mercenary/sorta-villainess, because... I dunno. It seems like there's about 20 different people working on the character, and every one of them has a different idea about what kind of character she is. Which is a BAD, BAD SIGN for somebody so new- especially now that Gargan is back to being The Scorpion. All of this basically means that Carmilla is a character that stumbled right ouf of the gate and never mattered.

-As a Rookie Hero/Villain (I seriously can't figure out what she's really supposed to be), Carmilla should be around PL 8, but is wearing a pretty good suit of armour and focuses on agility, so she fits PL 8.5 Defensively, and is PL 8 with her standard stuff- in one story, she gains SPIN Tech for her tail, which I've included here for the hell of it (without it, she's thirty points cheaper), making her PL 9.

drkrash
Groupie
Groupie

Post by drkrash »

Jabroniville wrote:As someone who ran a big "tourney of guys fighting", I can tell you that it's a lot of work too, and enough that I'd rather just sit there and spew out Wikipedia information in my builds :). Keep the fight coming!

Though watching any manner of fighting going on, I'm reminded of just how often the Hero Point goes towards stopping an instant-KO- that was ALL people used it for in the MK (VS) SF Tourney I ran for a bit, despite the fact that the SF guys had a mechanic to allow Extraordinary Effort to pull off their Super Moves. People would instead just use them to prevent KOs or other failed Toughness Saves. Though it's kind of the result of having a game where you fight till KO'd, I guess- people are obviously gonna fight as hard as they can to prevent that from occurring. Maybe a GM-imposed limit on doing that for players would prevent it (like you can only do it once per session or something).
I was thinking of trying a house rule that it cost 2 Hero points to re-roll a Toughness save. That would probably just make people hoard them even more for that purpose, but I thought it might be worth trying anyway.