Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: Jab's Builds: Shiva, Heart Attack, The Wild Pack, Procto

Postby Jabroniville » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Well there's a villain who REALLY has an excuse for wearing a mask.

THE ORB I (Drake Shannon)
Created By:
Len Wein, Ross Andru & Don Perlin
First Appearance: Marvel Team-Up #15 (Nov. 1973)
Role: Forgotten '70s Villain
PL 9 (106)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 1 (+5)
Expertise (Stuntman/Carny) 4 (+7)
Intimidation 1 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Technology 1 (+4)
Vehicles 8 (+13) -- (Flaws: Limited to Ground Vehicles)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Motorcycle), Favoured Environment (Riding Motorcycle), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Orb Helmet & Stuntman Uniform" (Flaws: Removable) [24]
"Hypnosis" Mind Control 9 (Extras: Area- Visual Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) (27)
    AE: Laser Blast 8 (16)
    AE: "Hand Missiles" Blast 7 (Feats: Indirect 2, Ricochet 2, Homing, Split 2) (21)
"Nice Leather" Protection 1 (1)
-- (30 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hypnosis +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Laser Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Prejudice (Horribly Disfigured)- Drake Shannon badly injured his face after crashing his motorcycle in a race with Crash Simpson. He is horrifying to look at, and must constantly wear a mask or provoke terrible reactions in other people, most of whom will turn away in disgust.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 6 (106)

-The Orb is a guy I'm familiar with because he appeared in a comic book reprint I own of his "Marvel Team-Up" debut- he's the old partner of Johnny Blaze's mentor (Crash Simpson), who lost the rights to the motorcycle stunt show Blaze now owned after losing a motorcycle race. Swerving to injure Simpson, Drake Shannon then accidentally crashed himself, but dragged for 25 feet on his face. His scars were GORY, and fascinated me as a young kid- you just didn't SEE faces like that in comic books at the time! His outfit is part-goofy/part-iconically awesome, so I'm of course a huge fan of it- love the giant eyeball head-thing. He threatened Ghost Rider a couple times (always having some vague link to a vague group called They Who Wield Power- no idea why these powerful guys would want to screw with GHOST RIDER of all people), but was killed by one of Plantman's simuloids in a Hawkeye story (but he later appeared in the background of a "Deadline" story in The Bar With No Name, and was confirmed as alive by the writer... he hasn't appeared since).

-The Orb is a simple Bike Show Stuntman with EEEEEEVIL intentions, giving him a Hypnosis power and a basic Energy Blast. He's got that plus some Missiles coming from his fingers, though he's not terribly effective (Johnny Blaze wasn't that tough in the 1970s). But he's kind of unique- though I think there was some Indie Comics character who looked JUST LIKE HIM who came before.

---

THE ORB II (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Bill Rosemann & Guy Davis
First Appearance: Ghost Rider #26 (Oct. 2008)
Role: Joke Villain
PL 7 (62)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Motorcycle, Repulsor Ray), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Giant Eye For A Head" Senses 2 (Microvision, Extended Vision) [2]

Equipment:
"Repulsor Ray" Blast 7 (14)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Repulsor Ray +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Prejudice (Eye for a Face)- The second Orb literally has a giant eyeball for a head.
Quirk (Chatty)- The second Orb talks CONSTANTLY, much to the consternation of his allies.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 11 (62)

-The second Orb is more of an annoying one-note Joke than a real character, with no given origin beyond "Mercenary Super-Villain". He was nearly killed (a nail through the eye/head), but turned up alive later on to annoy his teammates and Ghost Rider. He wasn't very good with his gun (he talked about being good with it, but never actually hit anybody), and didn't show much of anything- I'm even guessing about his improved eyesight (it seems to make sense, given his concept). Another Orb was seen later with a group of henchmen, talking about rolling around in eyes, and he was somehow able to "see" the identities/quirks of the Red Hulk & She-Hulk (probably some sort of Mind-Reading/Penetrates Concealment thing).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: The Wild Pack, Proctor, Son of Satan, The Orb

Postby Grayson » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Ok, it's official: after seeing that big ass eye of a helmet, I swear I will never make fun of Mysterio's fishbowl headgear again!
Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Jab's Builds: The Wild Pack, Proctor, Son of Satan, The

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:07 pm

SIEGE (John Kelly)
Created By:
Dwayne McDuffie & Gregory Wright
First Appearance: Marvel Comics Presents #62 (Nov. 1990- as Kelly), Deathlok #19 (Jan. 1993- as Siege)
Role: Forgotten '90s Villain
Group Affiliation: S.H.I.E.L.D., Silver Sable Inc., The Initiative
PL 10 (179)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+11)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Police Officer) 2 (+3)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+3)
Technology 4 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Fast Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle

Powers:
"Self-Repairs" Regeneration 4 [4]
Immunity 13 (Mind-Reading, Aging, Life Support) [13]
"Inter-Weave Mesh Body-Suit" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 5) [6]
"Long-Range Sensors" Senses 2 (Extended Vision, Tracking) [2]
"Jet Boots" Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Power-Lifting 1 (50 tons) [1]

"Weapon Systems"
"Plasma Cannon" Blast 10 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (26) -- [27]
    AE: "Gatling Plasma Bursts" Blast 7 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Multiattack) (22)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Plasma Cannon +9 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Gatling Bursts +11 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +5

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- A cyborg with a decayed human face, Siege cannot pass for an ordinary human.
Quirk (Unemotional and No Tactile Senses)- Because his body is not his own (his brain was downloaded into another cyborg body), Siege cannot feel anything by touch, and experiences life a bit "apart", like he's in video game.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 69 / Defenses: 11 (179)

-Siege was a side-character of Deathlok's, being a police officer who offered to become a guinea pig for the Deathlok program after getting fired from his job. He was considered a failure and scrapped, but Deathlok accidentally downloaded his personality and put him into a new cyborg body. He actually got around a fair bit in the '90s (despite me only knowing him from his Marvel Card, Series IV naturally), teaming with a ton of forgotten side-characters (in addition to Silver Sable and Daredevil), but soon disappeared. He showed up again as the leader of The Command, Florida's Initiative team (alongside Conquistador, Wundarr the Aquarian & Jennifer Kale the Bikini-Wearing Mystic), but they were attacked by zombies, and Conquistador & Siege were killed (Siege had turned into a zombie, and his mechanical half killed his human-ish half because it registered it as a threat.

-Like most cyborgs, Siege is technically "alive", though has a bunch of resistance to things, tremendous strength, and high levels of power. He matches up very well with Deathlok, though only barely makes PL 10 status in most ways (as a minor side-character who really failed to make a major mark or get any major feats, I think this is appropriate). He never came across that strong in descriptions of him, but at least one source says that he's a Class 100-ish guy, so I don't know exactly where he falls. Maybe one of the fans who bought Deathlok's comic way back in the early '90s could shed some light on the situation.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: The Wild Pack, Proctor, Son of Satan, The

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 pm

TERROR (Shreck)
Created By:
D.G. Chichester, Margaret Clark & Klaus Janson
First Appearance: St. George #2 (Aug. 1988- as Shreck), Daredevil #305 (June 1992- as Terror)
Role: Horror Character, Super-Hitman
PL 9 (151)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (History) 10 (+12)
Expertise (Knight) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Mercenary Hitman) 5 (+7)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 7 (+9)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 5, Startle

Powers:
"Demonic Powers"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]
"Cheek Spikes" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Body Part-Loosening Solvent" Weaken Toughness 4 (Flaws: Limited to One Rank Per Round) [2]
"Add Body Parts To Himself" Healing 8 (Flaws: Limited to Self, Requires Body Parts) [4]
"Gain The Properties of Others" Variable 4 (Others' Abilities & Traits) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Requires Their Body Parts) (Quirks: Decays At Natural Rate -2) [22]

"Aware of the Owners' Memories"
Mind-Reading 8 (Flaws: Limited to Victims, Requires Their Body Parts) [4]
Senses 4 (Postcognition) (Flaws: Limited to Victims' History, Requires Their Body Parts) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Cheek Spikes +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Solvent +12 (+4 Weaken, DC 14)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6, Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications:
Rivalry (Wolverine)- The two have had a series of battles in the past, and have made uneasy allies as well.
Relationship (Lost Love- Talita)- Terror suffered the death of a true love in medieval times, and thinks of her still. He even keeps her disembodied hand around (as his own hand, actually) so that he can still feel her touch.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Terror is greeny-yellow, has sharp canine teeth, and is a lipless, eyelidless monster of a being. He also smells like dead bodies.
Vulnerable (Lack of Body Parts)- Terror requires a constant supply of body parts to retain structural integrity, as he is constantly decaying.
Quirk (Memories)- Terror feels the memories and emotions of those whose body parts he now wields. This can often leave him uncomfortable, such as when he feels love for certain individuals at the wrong time. Sometimes the personalities of those who's parts he has possessed with take over his mind, especially if he loses his Lost Love Talita's hand.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 70 / Defenses: 10 (151)

-Terror debuted as a horror villain in Marvel's "Epic" line, but was added to the mainstream Marvel Universe a few years later after an attempted reinvigorating of their dark mystical characters (like Morbius & Werewolf By Night). His series was very unsuccessful, lasting only 13 issues (it was supposed to last 15). Terror is Shreck, a man who once killed a demonic green bear and thus took on it's mannerisms and traits, including the ability to tear off the parts of other beings and place them onto himself. His book (titled "Terror, Inc." as he ran a hitman/mercenary organization- though his Marvel Series IV Card actually titles him as "Terror, Inc." and so I always thought THAT was the damn guy's name!) seems to contain plenty of black humor- given that it revolves around a body part-stealing hitman who has dressed as Santa Claus (to give a mob boss' family a merry Christmas, as per his contract), allied with more heroes than he's fought, and fights a guy named after a Greek God known for his immense schlong.

-Terror's power is the horrifying ability to tear off the parts of other living beings, place them onto his own form, and gain their powers and memories. It's sorta like a version of Rogue's super-power, except he has to Weaken their Toughness enough to tear off a chunk. Plus he decays over time, meaning the parts will eventually fall off. It's effectively Variable, Mind-Reading, Postcognition (perfect memory recall of his victims) and Healing all in one, with various Limits based off of the people from whom he gets the parts. It's a neat little power-set.

-All in all, Terror CAN be a bit dangerous with the right combination of limbs (taking the arm of someone with super-strength for example will turn his already-good Fighting Ability into a high-PL set-up), but he's usually only about PL 8 or so- his Marvel Card gives him very pathetic stats (Fighting 3, Strength 2, Durability 4), so even a FIGHTING 12 score might be too high (not that the cards are always super-accurate). Basically, he's a good fighter with solid physical stats who primarily fights Mooks and not super-powered guys, though he CAN gain greater powers later (wings, animal legs, etc., if he takes the right stuff).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Woodclaw » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:46 am

Jabroniville wrote:Image

SIEGE (John Kelly)

The existence of this character depress me a lot. I don't know a thing about it, but years ago I created a cyborg character and gave him the codename Siege, simply because I thought it was a codename nobody ever used.

As for the strength issue. Many sites list Deathlok to be close to Ben Grimm in terms of physical power and lifting strength, but I don't recall him ever showing this kind of PL on panel. As far as I recall Deathlok was stronger than Spidey, but not as much as Venom, which should set him around the same level of Luke Cage during his street-level years.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby BlindPugh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:18 am

Loving the current run of builds. The Gatherers, The Orb, Terror, all guys I always wanted to see built but never thought I would. Oh, and as much as it shames me, I always liked the bomber jacket Avengers, I guess nostalgia for your youth is a hell of a thing.

Woodclaw wrote:As for the strength issue. Many sites list Deathlok to be close to Ben Grimm in terms of physical power and lifting strength, but I don't recall him ever showing this kind of PL on panel. As far as I recall Deathlok was stronger than Spidey, but not as much as Venom, which should set him around the same level of Luke Cage during his street-level years.

I never read much of Deathlok's 90's series so I couldn't tell you for certain what his standard strength level is, though from what I remember of his appearances in other titles I always pegged him at Spider-Man strength level. However in the Beyond! mini, written by McDuffie who created Collins, Deathlok is shown to be able to attain class 100 strength for short periods at the risk of severe damage to himself.

So perhaps that explains the disparity.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin
BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Jab's Builds: Proctor, Hellstorm, The Orb, Siege, Terror Inc

Postby Devastation Bob » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 am

Oh, damn you Jab. I had a Giant Sized Marvel Team up , (literally, it was huge), with that Ghost Rider/Spidey pairing and that pic of the orb's face always scared the crap out of me. To the point I asked my brother to deface the panel with crayons. And now you bring it back.

Man, I was a wussy kid.
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton
Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby scc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:41 pm

I love The Orb! Got to love comics for goofy villains. Looking forward to more oddball characters.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Gazman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Devastation Bob wrote:Oh, damn you Jab. I had a Giant Sized Marvel Team up , (literally, it was huge), with that Ghost Rider/Spidey pairing and that pic of the orb's face always scared the crap out of me. To the point I asked my brother to deface the panel with crayons. And now you bring it back.

Man, I was a wussy kid.

*Looks at Orb unmasked* Gah! I am totally right there with you, Bob.
Gazman
Hero
Hero

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Yeah, as much fun as it is to stat up X-Men & Avengers, statting up the odd weirdo characters who only appear in certain eras is the best part of building sometimes. A lot of them have unique powers, which allow me to stretch the system- looking at the recent "Threat Report" book for M&M, I was kinda jealous at all the characters who had bizarre/crazy variations on certain power mechanics. Some of them were complex or goofy to the point of being TOO much, but I was like "awww, I wish some of the characters I could stat up have weird stuff". Thankfully guys like Terror are flat-out bizarre and require some careful thinking.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Proctor, Hellstorm, The Orb, Siege, Terror

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:47 pm

SHOCK, MISTRESS OF FEAR (Ariel Fagan)
Created By:
Scott McDaniel
First Appearance: Daredevil #314 (March 1993)
Role: Forgotten '90s Villain
PL 9 (142)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+10)
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 9 (+9)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Improved Critical (Claws), Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Absolute Terror Field" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative, Area- Scent Perception, Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited to Fear, Rage or Hatred) [40]
"Razor-Sharp Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Terror Field +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Normal Identity (Ariel Fagan)- Shock will convert to human form without regular doses of the Fear Chemical derived from her father's skin. If given another dose of the chemical, she might change back. Ariel's normal stats are: STR 1, STA 2, AGI 2 and FIGHTING 4.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 9 (142)

-Shock is the daughter of one of the Mister Fears, growing up hating her dad for abandoning her mom. She became a street crook and hooker to pay the bills, and eventually had a chemical forged from her father's skin (which was taken in a rather nasty way- she paid inmates to cut him while in jail) that allowed her to turn into a freaky monster-lady with fear powers. She fought Daredevil a bunch, caused him some trouble, and then vanished once the Comic Book Crash came calling- she hasn't been seen in over a decade, and is known to me because of her Series IV card (a LOT of forgotten "current" characters in that set, like I said). She's a fairly dangerous fighter (being stronger and tougher than Daredevil), but her key weapon is the fact that she excretes a nasty Always-There (Reaction) Chemical that scares the crap out of people or makes them crazy-angry.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Proctor, Hellstorm, The Orb, Siege, Terror

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm

BASILISK II (Wayne Gifford)
Created By:
Len Kaminsky & Ron Garney
First Appearance: Morbius The Living Vampire #5 (Jan. 1993)
Role: Jobber Villain
PL 8 (130)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Religion) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Serial Killer) 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Hypnotic Stare" Mind Control 8 (Extras: Area- Visual Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) [24]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Impervious Toughness 3 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Mind Control +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +2

Complications:
Weakness (Reflection)- Basilisk will become Stunned if he views his own reflection- it is a reminder of his original human form.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 15 (130)

-Basilisk was created as a temporary foe for Morbius during his VERY short-lived solo book- he was a serial killer who undertook a Satanic ritual to become a reptilian monster who killed people. He had a hypnotic stare, a weakness against his own reflection, and a tendency towards jobbing to a D-List Character. As such, he's a PL 8 guy who's good at a few things, but not REALLY good, ya know? A simple Reptile/Hypnotist Build, I guess.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Hellstorm, The Orb, Siege, Terror Inc., Shock

Postby Devastation Bob » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 am

And we appreciate the weird builds Jab. Now I can have Tagak the Leopard Lord square off against Lionfang, Cheetah and el Jaguar.
We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang? --Jack Burton
Devastation Bob
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Jab's Builds: Hellstorm, The Orb, Siege, Terror Inc., Shock

Postby badpenny » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:54 am

The Eye needs a Feature that gives him a +2 squicky interaction bonus!

Plus, I want to see him animated and see that eye blink or the pupil react or something. :twisted:
badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Jab's Builds: Hellstorm, The Orb, Siege, Terror Inc., Sh

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:43 pm

ImageImage

I never had this card. I just found it on an online list.

SPLICE
Created By:
Gerard Jones & Jeff Johnson
First Appearance: Wonder Man #4 (Dec. 1991)
Role: Jobber Villain
PL 9 (118), PL 10 (118) to Wonder Man & Other Ionic Types
STRENGTH
2/8 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+7)
Athletics 2 (+4, +10)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Mercenary) 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Powered Exo-Skeleton" (Flaws: Removable) [44]
Enhanced Strength 6 (12)
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 5) (11)

"Gas Pellets" Affliction 6 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud, Ranged) (18) -- (22)
    AE: "Extendable Blades" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split, Penetrating 4) (6)
    AE: "Throwing Stars" Blast 4 (Extras: Multiattack) (12)
    AE: "Grenade Pellets" Blast 6 (Feats: Variable Descriptor- Blast or Electroshock) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (16)
    AE: "Ion-Dampening Pellets" Affliction 10 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Energy Powers, Limited to Ionic Energy) (5)
-- (55 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Exo-Skeleton +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Extendable Blades +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Gas Pellets +6 Area (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Throwing Stars +9 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Grenades +6 Area (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Ion-Dampening Pellets +9 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+9 Exo-Skeleton, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Splice is a murderer-for-hire, and kills people for money.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 44 / Defenses: 2 (118)

-Splice is a do-nothing Mercenary Villain created to fight Wonder Man in his own short-lived solo book (it's always bizarre to me that even WONDER MAN earned his own book in the '90s- this is a guy who was basically a "recurring back-from-the-dead-guy" for almost his entire existence, then became Thor-Lite. How'd HE end up getting his own book?). He basically just hunted Simon a bunch, and fought him some times. Since he's a low-level guy on a low-level book, he basically vanished, but like many obscure guys from '92 to '93, he GOT HIS OWN MARVEL CARD, on a set where people like Jean Grey & Kitty Pryde never did.

-Guys like Splice can prove annoying, as they basically act like your standard Jobber Villain, providing a brief challenge and then losing... but this guy's opponent was WONDER MAN, a guy powerful enough to fight friggin' Hyperion or Thor and come out breathing. So PL 8.5-ish stats, plus the ability to de-power Wonder Man momentarily (only Simon, Goliath/Atlas, and Ion would presumably be affected by his Ion-Dampeners), is enough to justify him challenging Wondy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call