Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

BARON's 3ed thread!: Earth 53 Atom & Zatanna

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Re: BARON's 3ed thread!: Batman Fear of the Dark (FIN)

Postby BlindPugh » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:58 am

BARON wrote:All right. Luthor against Wolverine it is...

:mrgreen:

BARON wrote:Sounds like house rule time.
BARON wrote:ROUGH DRAFT:

Sounds more than sensible to me, I'm no system expert though. I imagine using it in a few playtests should prove it out.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin
BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby BARON » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm no system expert though. I imagine using it in a few playtests should prove it out.

oh yeah. for sure. already in my head it seems half right. Lex still can't afford much, even though he's a billionaire. He can at least throw together a gang of 84 point minions with no roll. It's something. Way better than the aforementioned Scarecrow who can't even afford a standard goon without dropping his wealth rank.
BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: HOUSERULE Discussion: WEALTH for MINIONS?

Postby razzputin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 pm

BARON wrote:ROUGH DRAFT: each rank of the equipment advantage gets you 5 equipment points. each rank of the minion advantage gets you 15 points to build a minion with. A weapon will run you a DC 10+point cost wealth check, SO... we could say hiring minions costs DC10 +1 for every 3 points your minion has... and if you want multiple minions on the pay roll, you just keep making wealth checks. You don't really have to worry about, for example, how many goons Lex Luthor has. He can automatically afford anything up to a DC38. Scarecrow, though, is a different story and has to scrounge for a decent gang. Every time he hires a thug on a routine check, his rating drops by 1. Fine if you want to run your wealth rating into the ground, maybe, but he needs cash to run things (chemicals are expensive and time is usually of the essence for him when he breaks out of Arkham).

Mind if I steal this for my game and let you know how it plays. I tried converting the old Hero organization sheets and it just became to much work. What you have here may do the job.
razz--as in to give someone hell
putin--as in computin
rAzZPutIn--as in the mad monk
Razz's Random Conversions
razzputin
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:03 pm

On an unserious matter, I might try that Wealth rule myself. Seems like it might be fun, especially, if, in your scenario, someone like Scarecrow or Joker knocks over Gotham National to replenish their Wealth ranks, at least temporarily.

On a more serious matter, I hope you and yours rode out Isaac OK. I work for an insurance company and obviously, we've been following it closely and I know a lot of people are out of power or worse. I hope The Palace of Steel was untouched! :)
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)
Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby BARON » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:32 pm

Seems like it might be fun, especially, if, in your scenario, someone like Scarecrow or Joker knocks over Gotham National to replenish their Wealth ranks, at least temporarily.

exactly. Mr Freeze needs diamonds to replenish his suit's power, so just figure it out... what does he need to get his hands on A) a gang of 2 to 5 goons and then B) diamonds suitable enough for him. Should guarantee that he goes on a crime spree to fund his operation.

looking forward to feedback on anyone trying this rule out.

But yeah, Isaac. One of my friends described it as the "english patient of hurricanes". The re-servicing of people in Baton Rouge is extremely frustrating. The storm was just a nuisance. People are just starting to get power back and I'm told that my neighborhood will be without power until sometime next week. I haven't seen a single truck anywhere in the city yet.

everyone's okay. everyone's bored and sweating their nards off, but everyone's okay. 8)
BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

adjustments to CONAN

Postby BARON » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:32 pm

not enough time at work to go through that Wolverine/Luthor test. Just got power back at the place too. Here's some touch ups to Conan from waaay back on page 8. He's a monster in a low PL setting; an easy fit alongside Warlord. This is a young Conan one could use around the end of his Thief career with a nod to his pirate career.

BARON wrote:Image

CONAN * Power Level 10

Abilities
Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 5, Dexterity 3, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Powers
Gifts of Crom: Enhanced Advantages 1 (fearless), Power Lifting 1 * 2pts

Equipment
Sword * 5pts, various other weapons and armor (10pts)

Skills
Athletics 8 (+13), Expertise: horsemanship 4 (dex based; +7), Expertise: sailor 6 (+8 ), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 8 (+12), Perception 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+11)

Advantages
All Out Attack, Attractive, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 3, Diehard, Equipment 3, Favored Environment (mountains), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (unarmed), Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Takedown, Track

Offense: initiative +5, sword +12 (close, Damage 8 ), unarmed +12 (close, Damage 5)
Defense: dodge 8 (3pts), parry 10, will 10 (7pts), fort 10 (5pts), 8/5 toughness

totals: abilities 74, skills 24, advantages 19, powers 2, defenses 15 = 134pp

Complications:
Reputation (Conan has been known as many things in his travels: a thief, a reaver, a slayer, etc)
Savage (Conan is maladjusted to civilized life. He suffers impairment or even disabling penalties in some social situations)
Temper (Conan is famous for his short fuse)

ORIGIN STORY
BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Postby scc » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Great stuff Baron. I love your inclusion of optional rules and how to implement them. Especially how you use them with villains and heroes. Looking forward to more. I have to check out the Gamemaster's Guide again.
scc
Zealot
Zealot

Postby BARON » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:46 pm

I think the GM's guide is good, but it kind of doesn't go far enough. There should be more vehicle rules, clarification of minions (as I've noted), and expanded feats and skills. I'd also love actual expanded XP rules for GMs... something to make encounters more easy to plan for your party.
BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:43 am

Bump

I want a sequel to Fear of the Dark! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Bump
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby BigStereotype » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:12 pm

This is great stuff, Baron, bump
I am in love with Annie Edison

Follow me on twitter! @Big_Stereotype
BigStereotype
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Alright BARON, I've seen you lurking on Jab's thread...you can't hide forever...

Well, I guess you could, but we'd really prefer if you didn't... :shock: :mrgreen:
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

#MakeMineDC

Postby BARON » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 am

Well MARVEL's game just went belly up and DCA just released a new PDF. Guess it's time to get it back in gear.

COMING SOON...
BARON
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: BARON's 3ed thread!: Superman INTO THE LIGHT (coming soo

Postby BigStereotype » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 am

He's back!!
I am in love with Annie Edison

Follow me on twitter! @Big_Stereotype
BigStereotype
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: BARON's 3ed thread!: Superman INTO THE LIGHT (coming soo

Postby Thorpacolypse » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:46 pm

And let the light shine on all of us!!!

Glad to see you back, BARON! 8)
Shop J-Mart!

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

PreviousNext

Return to Roll Call