Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Shadowchaser's 3E Builds- The Unknown Psionic!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.

Moderators: The Mod Squad, The Justice League, M&M Line Developer

Re: Shadowchaser's 3E Builds- Edeinos and Flame Warrior

Postby Shadowchaser » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 am

Edeinos Flame Warrior - PL 7

Strength 7, Stamina 7, Agility 5, Dexterity 3, Fighting 7, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical 4 (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Ritualist, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 8 (+15), Expertise (Nature's Way (Survival)) 10 (+10), Expertise (PRE) (Faith) 10 (+10), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 6 (+10), Stealth 4 (+9)

Powers
Burning Spirit
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Stamina 2 (+2 STA)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR)
. . Inner Fire: Immunity 5 (Enviromental Conditions (All))
. . Soul-searing aura: Damage 3 (DC 18; Reaction 3 (reaction), Alternate Resistance (Will))
Edeinos Physique
. . Loping Gait: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
. . Predator's Senses: Senses 4 (Extended: Hearing 1 (x10), Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 1 (-1 speed rank), Ultra-hearing)
. . Razor Sharp Teeth: Enhanced Trait 6 (Advantages: Fast Grab, Improved Critical 4, Improved Hold)
. . Scaly Skin: Impervious Toughness 3

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 17)
Soul-searing aura: Damage 3, +7 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +3 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 22)

Complications
Passionate: Edeinos are not technically fearless, but Hunters have learned to channel fear into action, savoring the feeling of terror as it courses through their veins, reminding them they are alive. They also tend to have trouble switching from "Combat" mentality, and can be difficult to reason with when the adrenaline is flowing.
We, who are about to die, salute you: Flame Warriors are doomed to die within weeks of the ritual that grants them their increased powers.
Weak Arms: Edeinos have underdeveloped forearms. They can manipulate things with their 'hands' to some degree, but only at Strength - 5 Strength level, and are at Dexterity -3 with them as well.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 7, Fortitude 9, Toughness 7, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 44 + Advantages 6 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Defenses 3 = 137

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

:!: The "Flame Warriors" are Edeinos hunters who have crossed through holy fire in a ritual that transforms them. They gain great strength and stamina, at the cost of a drastically reduced life expectancy(mere weeks after the ritual, they will simply "Burn out").

The Edeinos are a religious race of evolved Dinosaurs. In my setting, they more closely resemble Velociraptors mixed with Crocodiles than the bird-like humanoids presented in the original TORG setting.
James Dawsey, Owner and Publisher of Vigilance Press

Look for Vigilance Press on RPGNow.com and Drive-Thru RPG!

Or check out our website for free previews and podcast links!
http://www.vigilancepress.com/
Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi) Rough Draft

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi) - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 5, Agility 6, Dexterity 6, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 8, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Interpose, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Lightsaber 9 (+15), Expertise: Jedi Lore 4 (+4), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+9), Stealth 2 (+8), Technology 8 (+8), Vehicles 7 (+13)

Powers
Force Sensitive: Senses 1 (Awareness: Mental- Force Use (Insight))
Lightsaber (Removable)
. . Damage: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 20; Penetrating 5)
Using The Force
. . A Jedi's Strength Flows from the Force
. . . . Leaping: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
. . . . Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . Attack Anticipation: Deflect 15 (Reflect; Limited: Requires a Lightsaber, Reduced Range: close, Limited: Only works against Energy Attacks)
. . Force Choke: Affliction 3 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 13; Reach (ranged) 2: 10 ft.)
. . Move Object: Move Object 5 (1600 lbs.; Concentration)
. . Reach out with your Feelings
. . . . Let Go: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ultimate Effort: Ultimate Aim)
. . . . Sensing the Force: Senses 2 (Acute: Detect Force Users, Detect: Detect Force Users 1)
. . Strong Effect on the Weak Minded: Affliction 4 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Insidious)

Equipment
Blaster Pistol, Space Fighter

Offense
Initiative +6
Blaster Pistol, +12 (DC 20)
Damage: Strength-based Damage 3, +15 (DC 20)
Force Choke: Affliction 3, +12 (DC Fort 13)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Move Object: Move Object 5, +12 (DC 15)
Strong Effect on the Weak Minded: Affliction 4, +6 (DC Will 14)
Throw, +12 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Enemy: "I am your father!"
Motivation: Responsibility: Luke feels a genuine sense of responsibility to the friends he's made in the Rebellion, and a need to topple the Evil Empire.
Relationship: Luke has formed a great many friendships over the years, and is often compelled to go against his better judgement to help them out of trouble.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 15, Parry 15, Fortitude 10, Toughness 5, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 17 + Advantages 25 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Defenses 28 = 162

I was randomly inspired to do a 20-minute write-up of Luke Skywalker by a discussion on how to build Lightsabers. For this version of the build, I was thinking that his force sensitivity would be something he was mostly blind to, that he'd actually have to stop and reach out to "Sense" his father's presence. In a future build, I'll probably go in and revise his senses a bit and pull them out of the array.

:!: Made some small adjustments to his stats, pulled the Awareness sense out of the array. I'm sure there's more to do later, but this looks a little more balanced to me. Thanks, Unkind Mirror, for pointing out some of my shortcuts. :wink:

:!: Forgot to add his X-Wing in there. Just used the "Space Fighter" stats for now, as a placeholder. He can use a little more tweaking, but his Force array is a lot closer to the "Movie" version of Skywalker that I was going for.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Shadowchaser's 3E Builds- Drake Unger!

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:26 pm

After watching "Alien Factor" via Cinematic Titanic (MST3K without the puppets) I was compelled to write up:

Master Magician Drake Unger! - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 0, Intellect 4, Awareness 3, Presence 4

Advantages
Assessment, Attractive, Defensive Roll 3, Evasion, Fascinate (Deception), Hide in Plain Sight, Inventor, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Skill Mastery: Sleight of Hand, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Deception 12 (+16), Expertise: Stage Magic 12 (+16), Insight 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 12 (+16), Stealth 8 (+12), Technology 8 (+12), Treatment 4 (+8), Vehicles 4 (+8)

Powers
Always a Mystery!
. . But Wait! Look now!: Enhanced Trait 8 (Traits: Dodge +4 (+14), Parry +4 (+14))
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 3 (Advantages: Luck 3)
Magic Hat! (Easily Removable)
. . Amazing Strings!: Cone Area Snare 5 (DC 15; Cone Area: 60 feet cone; Reduced Range: close)
. . Hey-Presto!: Movement Attack 1 (Dimensional: Choose Dimension 1: one dimension, 50 lbs., DC 11; Affects Objects Only, Attack: Dodge; Limited: Only affects objects small enough to fit in the hat)
. . Smoke Machine!: Environment 2 (Visibility (-5), Radius: 60 feet)
. . Vanishing Act: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Stealth +8 (+20))
Master of Illusion!
. . Distorted Space: Enhanced Trait Attack (+self) 8 (DC 18, Dodge +4 (+14), Parry +4 (+14); Attack (+self): Will, Increased Range: ranged)
. . He's Gone!: Concealment Attack (+self) 4 (All Visual Senses, DC 14; Attack (+self): Will, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Magical Mystery Mist!: Cloud Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere)
. . Master of Disguise!: Morph 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group, Notes: Drake can disguise himself as anyone he's ever met! Poof! )
. . Phantasms!: Illusion 5 (Affects: Two Sense Types - Normal Vision, Normal Hearing, Area: 30 cft., DC 15; Independent)
. . Really Gone!: Teleport 8 (1 mile in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.)
Padded Magician's Costume (Removable)
. . Just in Case: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +4
Amazing Strings!: Cone Area Snare 5 (DC Dog 15)
Distorted Space: Enhanced Trait Attack (+self) 8, +4 (DC Will 18)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
He's Gone!: Concealment Attack (+self) 4 (DC Will 14)
Hey-Presto!: Movement Attack 1, +0 (DC Dog 11)
Magical Mystery Mist!: Cloud Area Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +4 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: Drake doesn't really need the money, he just likes to show off. He also doesn't really want anyone to get hurt, and he'll never use lethal force, but he loves to make people look foolish if they try to hurt him!
Quirk: Drake Fancies himself a "Master Illusionist" and makes all his crimes fit a Stage Magic theme of some kind.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 14/6, Parry 14/6, Fortitude 5, Toughness 6/3, Will 15

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 45 + Advantages 12 + Skills 42 (84 ranks) + Defenses 25 = 162

:!: I wanted to make a super-villain who didn't really hurt anyone. Someone who'd be frustrating to some degree, but mostly harmless. Someone harder to apprehend rather than someone hard to KO. This is just my first pass at him, but I think it'll do for the first game session I decide to use him in.

:arrow: 4/8/2011 Made some adjustments to his magic hat. Got rid of the Concealment attack in favor of a "Smoke Cloud" that obscures vision (-5 to Perception checks) and a bonus to his Stealth skill (The smoke is thickest where he is). I also added a dimensional pocket to the hat for him to do some fun "Impossible" object penetration illusions and productions. It's also a handy place for him to stash stolen loot!

Suggestions, as always, are welcome!

Drake is a silly-but-skilled inventor and Stage Magic fan. He has honed his powers of hypnosis and legerdemain to superhuman levels... but was somehow never able to break into "Show Biz." Time and time again his TV specials and outdoor theater performances would be interrupted by Super-Heroes battling super-villains, until he decided it was a sign. He would become a Super-Villain himself, and then people would know his glory!

Step into the mind of Drake Unger, Master of Illusion!!
Last edited by Shadowchaser on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Flying Cobra » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Nice!

Drake looks fun. Also, if you say his name really fast, it sounds like "drag under"...
Coincidence?
I think not!
*poof!*
Flying Cobra
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Murkglow » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:06 am

Very cool. :D

He really has the stage magician thing down and should be a blast to play against. Here is something I noticed though:

Shadowchaser wrote:Lavender Smoke!: Cloud Area Concealment Attack 4 (All Visual Senses, DC 14; Attack: Fortitude, Cloud Area 3: 60 feet radius sphere)

Since this is just a smoke cloud would a different save then Fort apply? I suppose if it was some kind of drug or poison that affected your vision that way it's fine as fort but if it's just a cloud perhaps dodge would be better (or maybe even perception.. What do you think of a skill like perception used as a resist)? Also using one of the various methods to increase the DC would help to make it more effective (or do you have a house rule in place for this?), as it stands it doesn't seem like it will hit any of the players. Same with the other concealment attacks.

Shadowchaser wrote:Distorted Space: Enhanced Trait Attack (+self) 8 (DC 18, Dodge +4 (+14), Parry +4 (+14); Attack (+self): Will, Increased Range: ranged)

I'm not sure why he wants to give his enemies enhanced Dodge and Parry... I suppose this would be used to protect random bystanders or something? But then it wouldn't need to be an attack it could just be Affects Others. Kinda an odd power. I don't know what to think of it.

Anyway, it's an awesome character and I only wish I was lucky enough to get to play against him myself. :wink:
Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 am

Murkglow wrote:Very cool. :D

He really has the stage magician thing down and should be a blast to play against. Here is something I noticed though:

Shadowchaser wrote:Lavender Smoke!: Cloud Area Concealment Attack 4 (All Visual Senses, DC 14; Attack: Fortitude, Cloud Area 3: 60 feet radius sphere)

Since this is just a smoke cloud would a different save then Fort apply? I suppose if it was some kind of drug or poison that affected your vision that way it's fine as fort but if it's just a cloud perhaps dodge would be better (or maybe even perception.. What do you think of a skill like perception used as a resist)? Also using one of the various methods to increase the DC would help to make it more effective (or do you have a house rule in place for this?), as it stands it doesn't seem like it will hit any of the players. Same with the other concealment attacks.

Shadowchaser wrote:Distorted Space: Enhanced Trait Attack (+self) 8 (DC 18, Dodge +4 (+14), Parry +4 (+14); Attack (+self): Will, Increased Range: ranged)

I'm not sure why he wants to give his enemies enhanced Dodge and Parry... I suppose this would be used to protect random bystanders or something? But then it wouldn't need to be an attack it could just be Affects Others. Kinda an odd power. I don't know what to think of it.

Anyway, it's an awesome character and I only wish I was lucky enough to get to play against him myself. :wink:

The fortitude save against the smoke was kind of a placeholder, I knew it wasn't very effective as it was... I'm thinking I may switch it out to an Environmental effect of some kind. I still think "Darkness" should be an environmental effect, rather than a Concealment attack...

The vanishing power is made as an attack so he can make himself and someone else within range vanish. He can use it to make people disappear and then switch places with them using Morph, to confuse the heroes. It can be used on his own allies or his enemies to make them hesitate to attack him! The Enhanced Dodge and Parry was kind of an obscure joke, making people look closer or further away than they really are. I guess the power doesn't really NEED that extra, but it can't hurt in case he ever wants to protect someone from being attacked somehow.

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:16 am

Flying Cobra wrote:Nice!

Drake looks fun. Also, if you say his name really fast, it sounds like "drag under"...
Coincidence?
I think not!
*poof!*

Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm glad he struck a chord with y'all. Feel free to adopt him for your own games, and let me know how he plays out. :)

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Shadowchaser » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:23 am

Tuned up some stuff with Drake's magic hat, I think he's ready to play now.

I'll have to decide what game to drop him into, since we're playing 2 at the moment. :)

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Akiko and Den Doku Han- Demon Ninja

Postby Shadowchaser » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 am

Okay, this is an NPC from a Ninja-centric fantasy campaign (think Naruto) I ran a couple of years ago. I'm planning to update the campaign to 3E. Decided to start with one of the trickier concepts. I should have the Cat's Cradle Twins Ono Aoi and Ono Mai up in a few days (with luck).

Akiko (Demon Ninja) - PL 10

Strength 12, Stamina 12, Agility 3, Dexterity 3, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Instant Up, Power Attack

Skills
Expertise: Demon Lore 4 (+4), Insight 4 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 4 (+4), Stealth 8 (+11), Treatment 4 (+4)

Powers
Demon's Breath (Fire Chi)
. . Burning Skin: Damage 4 (DC 19; Reaction 3: reaction)
. . Demon Stomp
. . . . Demonfire Shockwave: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Penetrating 2; Limited: Targets touching the ground)
. . . . Groundquake: Burst Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Prone, Resisted by: Acrobatics/Athletics (Higher), DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere; Limited Degree, Limited: To targets touching the ground in area, Instant Recovery)
. . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 8 (+8 STR)
. . Fire-Eating: Healing 15 (Restorative, Persistent; Limited: Source: Flame, Limited: Self Only)
. . Flame Breath: Line Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, Penetrating 4)
Demonic Flesh
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 5
Den Doku Han (Removable (indestructible))
. . Guard this place!: Summon 10
. . Multiple Effects
. . . . Doku-Scope: Senses 4 (Danger Sense: Sight, Extended: Sight 2: x100, Radius: Sight)
. . . . Elongation: Elongation 8 (Elongation: 1800 feet)
Fire Demon Bloodline: Immunity 12 (Aging, Common Descriptor: Fire/Heat, Disease)
Lack of Anticipation: Immunity 5 (Interaction Skills; Limited: Only versus Combat Interaction Attempts)
Lack of Intent: Feature 1 (Notes: Sense Motive cannot be used to anticipate Akiko's actions in combat.)

Offense
Initiative +3
Burning Skin: Damage 4, +8 (DC 19)
Demonfire Shockwave: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Flame Breath: Line Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 22)
Groundquake: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Throw, +3 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 27)

Languages
Japon

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 12, Toughness 12, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 66 + Powers 59 + Advantages 11 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 165

Den Doku Han - PL 10

Strength -, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect -, Awareness 3, Presence -

Advantages
Languages 1, Skill Mastery: Perception

Skills
Insight 8 (+11), Perception 12 (+15)

Powers
Grappling Chains
. . Grappling Chains: Cumulative Shapeable Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Immobile, Defenseless, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Extra Condition, Cumulative, Shapeable Area: 30 feet, cubic, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Reaction 3: reaction; Limited Degree)
. . Lethal Blows: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Shapeable Area: 30 feet, cubic, Reaction 3: reaction)
Immunity to Fortitude Effects
Immunity: Immunity 80 (Toughness Effects)
Senses: Senses 1 (Radius: Sight)

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Grappling Chains: Cumulative Shapeable Area Affliction 10 (DC Dog/Fort 20)
Lethal Blows: Shapeable Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Disability: Den Doku Han cannot move from its location once activated.

Languages
DiiMonGo, Japon

Defense
Dodge 0, Parry 0, Fortitude Immune, Toughness Immune, Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities -34 + Powers 172 + Advantages 2 + Skills 10 (20 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 150

:!: These two deserve some explanation. Akiko is the daughter of the Fire Tribe of demons who live beneath a smoking mountain far to the south and east of the Ninja Village where the campaign takes place. She was sent to join the Ninja Tribe to try and attain the elixir of Immortality they protect (the Shadow King is looking to retire, and will award it to the ninja he feels will protect the village best, who will take his place). To make sure nobody invaded the kingdom behind her, and to make sure she could get back in, she took the Crankshaft to the great mechanism which controls the gate to her father's realm...

:!: Den Doku Han is more of a machine than a character. I was trying to build the 'Guard Duty' ability as an Affliction with reaction timing and other extras, but I realized that building it as a summon not only saved points, but helped solve a number of other 'Hand-wavy' problems. The process of Summoning Den Doku Han basically involves Akiko winding up the giant club and planting it in the ground. Then it comes to life and flails around with its chains at anyone within reach that it thinks is 'trespassing.' When not Summoned, Akiko carries around and uses it as a giant weapon. Since she doesn't need it for damage, it can extend and throw out chains to give her the effect of Elongation. She still has to hold onto the thing to control what happens, so it doesn't grant her any Advantages (as of yet) for grappling, but I may re-think that and add some to the array as Enhanced Traits. She can also use it to move herself and see around corners (it has optics), and has even used it as a 'Snorkel' when walking across the bottom of a river.

:!: Akiko was trained and raised in Demon culture, which is violent and bestial. Her father spent extra effort to teach her to fight without thinking. She doesn't anticipate what others are doing or think ahead for herself, so she is somewhat immune to interaction skills. As a drawback, however, she doesn't imagine outside of combat either, and is just learning from the other player characters what it means to think of a world that is better than today... they are teaching her about the power of hope. Which may cost her these special qualities, but give her something more in their place.

:arrow: Tossed up a ROUGH ROUGH ROUGH sketch of Akiko and Den Doku Han to remind myself to finish it and post it later. :)

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Shadowchaser's 3E Builds- Laughing-Boy

Postby JerryPons85 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Shadowchaser wrote:Time for another villain:

Laughing Boy 3E - PL 10

Strength 8, Stamina 5, Agility 8, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 6, Presence 6

Advantages
Agile Feint, Artificer, Close Attack 3, Daze (Intimidation), Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Ritualist, Startle, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+10), Athletics 2 (+10), Deception 9 (+15), Intimidation 6 (+16/+12), Occultist 6 (+12), Perception 2 (+8), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 4 (+12)

Powers
Sickles of Sadom (Removable)
. . Blood of the Damned: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Intimidation +4 (+16), Advantages: Fearless)
. . Chains of Pain: Movement 1 (Swinging)
. . Sickles of Sadom: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 27; Penetrating 5, Indirect (fixed point, directed away), Split (2 targets))
. . . . Ranged Attack with Sickle: Damage 9 (Alternate; DC 24; Penetrating, Indirect (fixed point, directed away))
. . Vampiric Strike: Healing 6 (Restoratative, Custom (Action (Free Action)); Limited (Self only), Limited (Only when the weapon does damage))
Suit of Rags (Removable)
. . Appear as Inanimates: Morph 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group, Advantages: Hide in Plain Sight)
. . Death's cloak: Immunity 7 (Disease, Emotion Effects, Poison)
. . Knight's Sheet: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness; Impervious)
. . Scrap of Acrobat: Enhanced Agility 5 (+5 AGL)
. . Shred of Ghost: Movement 1 (Permeate 1 (speed rank -2))
. . Thief's dart: Enhanced Dexterity 5 (+5 DEX)
. . Veil of sight: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
. . Warrior's cloak: Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR)

Complications
Identity, Motivation: Thrills

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 79 + Advantages 10 + Skills 17 (33 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 175

:idea: I'll post a little more about his Tactics and power later today, hopefully also adding a pencil drawing I made of LB at the same time. For now, suffice it to say that he strikes from the shadows, using his Morph power to change into inanimate objects and keep his targets/victims off-balance. He's a crazy, bloodthirsty bastard who went out of his way to create his Ragsuit and steal his weapons. I'll give more details later...

I quote 'coz I will be reposting the same idea, so this would be great stats. Peace bro!
Nien Jih Ssu Ch'u Chuehis the highly specialized Chinese Art of killing without leaving a trace. - ninja books
JerryPons85
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Shadowchaser's 3E Builds- Demon Ninja Akiko!

Postby Shadowchaser » Thu May 26, 2011 1:55 am

From the recent podcast, here is the Unknown Psionic! Feel free to leave suggestions for the character's name and background! :)

Unknown Psionic - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 4, Awareness 6, Presence 4

Advantages
Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Inspire, Leadership, Teamwork

Skills
Deception 4 (+8), Expertise: pick one 6 (+10), Insight 6 (+12), Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+8)

Powers
Inhuman: Immunity 5 (Critical Hits, Disease, Environmental Condition: Choose Condition, Poison)
Precognitive Reactions: Enhanced Trait 20 (Traits: Dodge +6 (+13), Parry +6 (+10), Advantages: Defensive Roll 4, Evasion 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative)
Psionic Array
. . Psionic Invisibility: Concealment 10 (All Senses; Affects Others, Precise, Reach (melee) 3: 15 ft.; Limited: Only works against beings with a brain)
. . Sleep Touch: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Asleep, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cumulative, Accurate 3: +6, Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Subtle: subtle)
. . Telekinetic Weapon: Damage 8 (DC 23; Accurate 4: +8, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Penetrating 8, Reach (melee): 5 ft., Split: 2 targets)
Telepathy
. . Communication: Mental Area Communication 3 (Area)
. . Mind Reading: Mind Reading 5 (DC 15; Linked: Communication: Mental Area Communication 3)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 5 (DC Will 15)
Sleep Touch: Cumulative Affliction 10, +6 (DC Dog/Will 20)
Telekinetic Weapon: Damage 8, +8 (DC 23)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
- Custom Complication -
- Custom Complication -

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 13/7, Parry 10/4, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5/1, Will 14

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 76 + Advantages 3 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Defenses 23 = 150

Shadowchaser
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Shadowchaser's 3E Builds- The Unknown Psionic!

Postby cassius335 » Thu May 26, 2011 4:55 am

My suggestions:

-----------

Name: Dr Elizabeth "Beth" Gotham
Expertise: Psychology (or possibly Psychiatry?)

Swap "Enviromental condition: choose one" for "Immunity: Aging"

Complications

Orphan: Beth's father died when she was very young and her mother died mysteriously after senior prom.

Prejudice: While not obviously inhuman, Beth has never bothered to hide her true nature, which sometimes attracts ire from hate-groups.

Gullible: Beth has a natural tendancy to trust people, which can get her in trouble. As such, she is considered Vulnerable to Persuasion and Deception attempts made against her.

---------

I'll let other people do background.

EDIT: I realise a Guillbe Psychologist is a bit of an odd mix, but you could always try to find a spare point to give her "Second Chance (vs Deception checks)" or similar (besides "should know better & "know better" are two different things...)

EDIT2: Just realised I perhaps meant "Psychiatry" instead of "Psychology".... :oops:
cassius335
Champion
Champion

Previous

Return to Roll Call