Xarathos' Builds: Mass Effect Templates: Infiltrator (PL 8)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Iron Man (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby ScourgeXLVII » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Xarathos wrote:the reason that I STILL think Iron Man is awesome, in spite of the horrid event known as the Civil War, is the movie franchise.

We Iron Man fans refuse to acknowledge its existence (Not the movie, Civil War). I look forward to your build of Thor.
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

Geekery
Hireling
Hireling

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Iron Man (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby Geekery » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 pm

ScourgeXLVII wrote:We Iron Man fans refuse to acknowledge its existence (Not the movie, Civil War). I look forward to your build of Thor.

I stopped reading Marvel completely during Civil War, and their complete mischaracterization of Tony Stark. I was going to give them another shot with Avengers Prime, but they had him start arguing immediately with Steve Rogers (who is now quite the hypocrite), and I stopped right there.

On the build, I note that the Uni-Beam is listed as a Line, although a lot of other builds characterize it as a Cone. Not that it matters; you can have both for the low, low cost of 2pp (or 1hp, given the right circumstances). Thanks for not holding back on the build.
no, grant morrison is never right about anything.
--BARON

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Thor (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby Xarathos » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Hah, I know exactly what you mean about the Civil War. . . I read through it largely 'after the fact', mainly because I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on in the first place. I appreciated one thing, and one thing only about it: both sides (Tony and Steve) did what they did because they believed in something. But I agree strongly that it felt very, VERY out of character for our Mr. Stark.

Still, there were elements of it that I liked, and it was interesting enough. Unfortunately, the whole event lasted far, FAR too long, and did too much damage to the state of the universe as a whole. Not to mention the Spider-man fiasco. . . :twisted:

No holding back here, Geekery - I was going to originally, but then it hit me: if GR isn't holding back, why should I? Superman is going to weigh in at PL 15, with a HUGE point total - and that's where he belongs. Given that, so does Thor. Iron Man, same thing. Cap, I figure he's earned at LEAST as much experience and power as Batman has, so being a peak human with depth he belongs at the same over pointed PL 12 they put the Bat in.

Good point on the Unibeam - I may go back and add the second version, along with a few other logical extensions of things. One more rank of Device won't hurt things, and like I mentioned, I've got a LONG ways to go before I hit 285. I may even go so far as to stat Hulkbuster the way it's written; as a second stage, alternate form of sorts that layers over the device.

Let's finish out the big three with a bang. He's mighty. He's big, blond, and badass. And according to Wikipedia, he possesses, "a kiss that can overwhelm mortal women." The incomparable Odinson, the god of thunder, Asgard's mightiest warrior! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

The Mighty Thor

"Give your orders and ultimatums to those who choose to obey, or are too cowardly to fight, not to me. Or learn again the difference between a God of Thunder-- and a mortal man in a metal suit." --Thor #3, 2008

"Oh, yeah? Well my god has a hammer." --Nick Fury

PL 15, around 285 pp
+5Tough/-5Def, +5DC/-5Atk Mjolner (Close)
Abilities 70 + Skills 18 + Feats 48 + Offense 18 + Defense 35 + Powers 96 = 285 pp

Abilities: 70 pp
Strength 44/36 (+17/+13)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 40 (+15)
Intelligence 12 (+1)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 18 (+4)

Skills: 18
Climb 0 (+13) Diplomacy 8 (+12), Intimidate 16 (+20), Knowledge [Arcane Lore] 6 (+7), Knowledge [History] 6, Knowledge [Tactics] 8, Notice 7, Sense Motive 9, Swim 0 (+13), Knowledge [Theology and Philosophy] 4, Medicine 8

Feats/Advantages: 48
Attack Focus (Melee) 1, All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Benefit 3 (Status: Founding Avenger, Odinson, Diplomatic Immunity), Dodge Focus 3, Fearless, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Startle, Takedown Attack, Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Toughness Save), Tough, Luck 6, Withstand Damage, Rage, Diehard, Fearsome Presence 10, Startle, Teamwork, Improved Block, Improved Disarm, Chokehold, Improved Grapple, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Stunning Attack, Veteran Fighter

Offense: 18 pp
+9 Attack (+10 Unarmed/Mjolner, +15 Lightning)

Defense: 35 pp
Defense: +7 (+10): 20 (14 flat-footed)
Toughness 20 (Impervious 12)
Fortitude: 15 + 5 = 20
Reflex: 1 + 6 = 7
Will: 2 + 10 = 12

Powers: 96 pp

Asgardian Physiology: Density 4 (Permanent; PF: Buoyant, Innate [+8 Strength, Protection 2 (Impervious), Immovable 1, Super-Strength 1]) (14 pp); Immunity 10 (Age, Life Support); Impervious Toughness 10, Super-Strength 8, Super-Senses 2 (Counters Illusion [Vision]); Super-Senses 6 (Extended Hearing 6): 58 pp

Mjolner: Device 7, Easy to Lose; PF: Indestructible, Restricted 2 (Must be Worthy): 28 pp

- Magical Awareness: Super-Senses 1 (Magical Awareness): 1 pp

- The Power of Thor: 28 point Array:
Uru Hammer: Strike 3 (Power Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 3, Mighty); Flight 8 (2500 mph); Power Feat (on Super-Strength): Shockwave [Electricity]; Super- Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel to Asgard): 28 pp
AP: Thrown Hammer:Blast 3 (Power Feats: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical, Improved Range—75 foot range increment, Mighty 17): 1 pp
AP: Lord of Lightning: Flight 2 (25 mph) & Blast 15 (Power Feats: Accurate x3, Improved Range 3—1400 foot range increment, Indirect 2, Flaw: Full-Round Action) [Lightning]: 1 pp
AP: Master of the Elements: Flight 2 (25 mph) & Weather Control 12 (24pp—mix and match environments: Cold, Distraction (Precipitation), Hamper Movement (Icy or Wet Surfaces), Reduced Visibility (Rain)): 1 pp
AP: God Blast: Disintegration 14 [Flaw: Full-Round Action, Distracting]: 1 pp
AP: Big Asgardian, Small Universe: Flight 8 (2500 mph); Space Travel 1, Environmental Adaptation Zero Gee); ______ : 1 pp
AP: Child of Gaia: Move Object 28 (Perception Range; Limited: Earth; Distracting): 1 pp

Belt of Strength and Asgardian Armor: Device 2, Hard to Lose, Power Feat: Indestructible: 9 pp
Protection 2, Super-Strength 4: 10 pp

Notes:

:arrow: WOW. The God of Thunder in all his glory, ladies and gents! Again, it owes a thing or two to other builds, most notably Elric's PL 14 Thunder god. I may go back and tweak a few of the power constructs later, but for the moment I think I like them.

:arrow: Child of Gaia; Thor is the son of Odin Allfather and Gaia, the Earth goddess. As such, he has power over the earth in addition to his might as a thunder god. I've only seen him use it on one occasion, but since he ripped a canyon across a large chunk of Africa I felt it bore putting in the build. I also took the liberty of including space flight and my brief take on his fabled "God Blast" - which, of course, he rarely uses, but I had the points, so there it is.

:arrow: Thor should also feel free to power stunt off that Uru array liberally. He is, after all, a god - and he's got more than enough Hero points to make him feel like one.

:arrow: Consider the "Normal Identity" of Donald Blake a Complication.
Last edited by Xarathos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: The Mighty Thor! (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby Xarathos » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Alright, that finishes the Big Three - except for expansions to add depth (though Thor is the closest to not needing the help. Holy Mother of Asgard, Batman!) Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated, as always.

Also, requests, please! I might work through a few more Marvel's in this vein, balanced on a similar scale. If anyone has any ideas on which ones I should do first, I'm all for that (I LOVE giving the people what they want!) but otherwise I'll just pick a favorite and start there. I'm weighing between Spider-man, the FF, some other Avengers... or, of course, the X-men. I haven't tried them before. Hmm.

ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Xarathos' Builds: The Mighty Thor! (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby ScourgeXLVII » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:22 pm

If you're already thinking about doing Spidey, I'd like to see your take on him. Otherwise, I'd like to see some more down-to-earth heroes, like Daredevil, or the Question, if you're up to it.
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: The Mighty Thor! (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby Xarathos » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Spidey, I'm thinking probably somewhere around PL 11 - he's a relatively experienced solo hero who operates on a citywide basis, essentially my vision of a PL 10 who's been around the block for more than a few years. And while I'm at it, I'm ret-coning One More Day. Grr.

Daredevil, I'm guessing would fall in around the same level, though I suppose I could reasonably place him as low as PL 9 - he's definitely street level, martial arts type, with a twist or two. I'll have to do a bit of reading to decide where I should put him on the scale.

Funny you should mention the Question . . . I've been watching the third season of the JLU animated series (in preparation for DCA, heh) and just got introduced to him for the first time. And I LOVE him - reminds me of Rorshach, the lovably crazy conspiracy theorist. Rorshach had his journal, The Question had his diagrams all over the walls . . . instantly familiar to me.

I may do a version of him, I'm not sure yet. But consider Spidey and Daredevil added to the list. :)

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: The Amazing Spider-Man!

Postby Xarathos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:00 am

You asked, and it was delivered. Ladies and gentlemen, fresh from his hometown of New York City, I bring you...

The Amazing Spider-Man!
"I dont suppose I could convince you to come up here and fight like a spider?"

PL 11, 255 pp
+2Atk/-2DC, +3Def/-3Tgh

Abilities: 26 pp

Strength 28/14 (+9/+2)
Dexterity 28/12 (+9/+1)
Constitution 26/12 (+8/+1)
Intelligence 18 (+4)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 16 (+3)

Skills: 19 pp
Acrobatics 8, Bluff 10, Craft [Mechanical] 8, Craft [Chemical] 8, Craft [Electronics] 4, Disable Device 2, Knowledge [Physical Sciences] 6, Knowledge [Technology] 6, Notice 8, Profession [Photographer] 4, Sense Motive 8, Stealth 8, Intimidate 4,

Feats/Advantages: 52 pp
Inventor, Equipment 1, Benefit 1 (Bluff based on Intelligence), Attack Focus 3 (Melee), Attack Specialization 6 (Unarmed 2, Web Shooters 4), Acrobatic Bluff, Chokehold, Accurate Attack, Rapid-Strike: (Uses Strength bonus as an Inherent Array, AP: Autofire Unarmed Strike 4), Hide in Plain Sight, Evasion 2, Elusive Target, Power Attack, All Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Defense 2, Dodge Focus 11, Ricochet 4, Teamwork 1, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Pin, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Ultimate Defense, Distract (Bluff), Connected, Taunt, Ambidexterity, Endurance, Fearsome Presence 4, Stunning Attack, Sneak Attack, Fearless

Offense: 10 pp
Atk 5 (Melee 8, Unarmed 12, Web Shooters 13)

Defense: 19 pp
Defense +3/14 (24, Flat Footed 12)
Toughness: +8
Fortitude: +8/+1 + 2 = 10
Reflex: +9 + 7 = 16
Will: +2 + 4 = 6

Powers: 129 pp

Doin' Whatever a Spider Can:
- Is He Strong? Listen, Bud - He's got Radioactive Blood: Enhanced Strength 14; Super Strength 4 (Heavy Load: Just under 12 tons) - PF: AP: Leaping 4, Super-Movement 2 (Wall Crawling 2); Enhanced Dexterity 16, Enhanced Feat: Dodge Focus 11, Enhanced Skill: Acrobatics 8; Enhanced Constitution 14; Speed 1; Spider Sense: Super Senses 1 (Danger Sense - Mental), Enhanced Feat: Uncanny Dodge (Spider Sense): 69 pp

Hard to lose; Alternate Powers: Dazzle 10 (visual, opaque mesh),
Flight 1 (mesh parachute; Gliding), Snare 10 (mesh net), Super-
Movement 1 (swinging, mesh line), Telekinesis 10 (adhesive mesh
line; Damaging)

Web Shooters: Device 15 (Hard to Lose): 60 pp
- Here's web in your eyes: Dazzle 10 (visual, opaque web); 20 pp
- Web Parachute: Flight 1 (Gliding); 1 pp
- Catches thieves, Just like flies: Snare 10 (PF: Split Attack, Tether); 22 pp
- Can he swing from a thread?: Super-Movement 1 (swinging, web line); 2 pp
- Web is stronger than steel: Move Object 10 (web line; Damaging); 30 pp

Equipment:
Mini Tracer, Camera, GPS Receiver, Flashlight, Cell Phone

Complications: Guilt (Deaths of loved ones; Uncle Ben, Aunt May, Gwen Stacy), Significant Other (MJ), Low Finances, Nemesis (J. Jonah Jameson), Enemy (Norman Osborn, Eddie Brock), Responsibility (MJ, Daily Bugle), Reputation, Secret Identity

Abilities 26 + Skills 19 + Feats/Advantages 52 + Offense 10 + Defense 19 + Powers 129 = 255

Notes:

:arrow: Spider-Man comes in, as I expected, as an over pointed PL 11 - he's been around the block enough times that he's got a lot of depth and breadth to his abilities, but the fact is that Captain America would sill give him trouble in a stand-up fight - especially if he's got his shield.

:arrow: One thing I deliberately avoided doing was giving him the Luck feat, because as we all know from the comics, Parker is ANYTHING but lucky. However, anyone running Pete in a fight should feel free to stunt off that snare array for diverse effects like Create Object (Probably with independent and slow fade), Slow Fall, or even glide, based on things that ol' webhead has done in any number of issues - but not so often that I see them as inherently 'powers'.

:arrow: This version of Peter is currently mourning the loss of his Aunt May, but on the bright side his identity is still (mostly) secret (thanks to Dr. Strange), and he's got MJ to comfort him through his time of loss. He won't be mourning forever.

:arrow: Next up, I'll be tackling Spider-Man's favorite lawyer, the Man Without Fear: DareDevil!

EDIT: After reading Silver Age and doing some contemplation, I decided that I much preferred their version of the webshooters to my own and replaced my version, adding some alternate uses for webbing while keeping some of the refinements of power feat selection. It's more expensive than it might deserve to be, so I'll probably go back and array a few things to save points; for the moment, though, being efficient isn't my big concern. :D

The original set is below.

Web Shooters: Device 5 (Hard to Lose): 20 pp
Webbing: Snare 10 (PF: Split Attack, Tether): 22 pp
Web Swinging: Super Movement 1 (Swinging); Linked: Speed 2: 3 pp

EDIT 2: I decided that if Daredevil deserves Fearless, so does Pete. Considering the guys he fights regularly, and his ability to keep fighting as if unaffected, I'd say it counts - any fear he goes through is a roleplaying matter, not a mechanical one, and if it forces him to a disadvantage I'd call it worth a Hero Point.
Last edited by Xarathos on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: Daredevil, the Man Without Fear (PL 9)

Postby Xarathos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Direct from Hell's Kitchen, The Man Without Fear, the one and only Matt Murdock! Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to ...

Daredevil
"Hell's Kitchen is my neighborhood. I prowl the rooftops and alleyways at night, watching from the darkness. Forever in darkness. A guardian devil."

PL 9

Tradeoffs:
Melee -3DC, +3 Atk | Unarmed -5DC, +5Atk

Abilities: 44 pp

Strength: 16 (+3)
Dexterity: 22 (+6)
Constitution: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 16 (+3)
Wisdom: 22 (+6)
Charisma: 12 (+1)

Offense: 10 pp
Attack: 5 (Billy Club (Ranged): 11) (Billy Club (Melee): 10 (mx 12)) (Unarmed: 14)

Defense: 28 pp
Defense: 22 (13 Flat Footed)
Toughness: 6 (4 flat footed)
Fortitude: 3 + 6 = 9
Reflex: 6 + 6 = 12
Will: 6 + 6 = 12

Skills: 29 pp
Climb 6, Acrobatics 10, Bluff 5, Profession [Lawyer] 7, Intimidate 8, Diplomacy 4, Knowledge [Civics] 8, Knowledge [Current Events] 4, Knowledge [Streetwise] 5, Gather Information 8, Swim 4, Investigate 6, Notice 12, Sense Motive 12, Stealth 8, Languages 1 (Spanish, English), Perform (Oratory) 8

Feats/Advantages: 43 pp
Attack Specialization (Billy Club), Attack Focus (Melee) 3, Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 3, Martial Strike 2 (+2 Unarmed Damage DC), Sneak Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, Skill Mastery: [Acrobatics, Notice, Sense Motive, Stealth], Ultimate Defense, Improved Defense 2, Defensive Attack, Power Attack, All Out Attack, Takedown Attack, Elusive Target, Dodge Focus 7, Tough, Defensive Roll 2, Assessment, Evasion, Fearless, Fearsome Presence 5, Stunning Blow, Veteran Fighter, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge ("Radar Sense"), Defensive Strike

Powers: 18 pp

Enhanced Senses: Super-Senses 10 (Hearing [Extended], "Radar Sense" Sonar [Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing], Scent [Acute, Analytical, Tracking], Touch [Analytical], Tremorsense): 10 pp

Blindness: Disability (Blindness) -1 pp

Billy Club: Device 3: 9 pp
1 remaining
- Tricks of the Trade: 10 point Array:
- Strike 4 (PF: Extended Reach, Mighty, Subtle, Split Attack): Super-Movement 1 (Swinging): 10 pp
- AP: Blast 2 (PF: Accurate 2, Improved Range, Mighty 3, Split Attack: (Drawback: Reduced Range [Half Maximum Range] - 1 pp) 50-foot range increment, 100 foot maximum range): 1 pp
- AP: Trip 4 (Extra: Knockback)
- AP: Snare 8 (PF: Tether, Split-Attack)
Feature: Subtle (Disguised as Cane)

Complications:

Responsibility: To Matt Murdock's law practice.
Disability: Daredevil is blind, but his other senses compensate.
Vulnerability: Daredevil has a heightened vulnerability to sonic attacks due to his enhanced hearing.
Obsession: Criminals go free while the innocent are punished.

Abilities 44 + Offense 10 + Defense 28 + Skills 29 + Feats/Advantages 43 + Powers 18 = 172

Notes:

:arrow: Matt Murdock comes in at an over pointed PL 9, about where I'd have guessed. He's good - in some respects, "Best there is at what he does" good, but he's definitely street level. You won't be calling him to save the city from an alien invasion force, or taking him along against your cosmic level baddies. Meanwhile, though, you need a crime solved, a good goon sweeper, or a smashing legal defense, and he's your man. He's very experienced, but not so much that I'd bump him any higher - he mainly operates in one section of New York, after all, and his primary foes are either a) mooks, or b) people who primarily fight mooks.

:arrow: EDIT: Added the Perform (Oratory) skill: He's a trial lawyer, after all, and needs to make speeches on a semi regular basis.
Last edited by Xarathos on Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Spider-Man (PL 11), Daredevil (PL 9)

Postby Xarathos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Alright, I'll bite: I'll tackle the Question. Word of warning, though: I don't really have all that much to go on. I'm guessing, though, based on what little I know of the character, that he'd be around PL 8 or 9 - probably not higher than that. We're talking about a street level detective style character, after all, and from what little I've seen of him there's not much that he does that's 'Super human'.

I wouldn't go lower than that, because we're still talking about a character who's involved with the Justice League, if not one of the heavy hitters.

So this may wind up being a bit more down-to-earth than he really deserves. . . but then again, it might not be.

I guess you should read all this as: Challenge accepted. Next up: The Question!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 pm

I find it amusing that The Question reminds you of Rorshach, since Rorshach was based on the Question. While in the end I think it turned out for the best, Alan Moore originally wanted to use the Charlton Comics heroes whom DC has the rights to, for the Watchmen. Thus Rorschach is the Question, Nite Owl is Blue Beetle, Silk Spectre is Nightshade, Comedian is Peacemaker, Ozymandius is Judo Master and Dr. Manhattan is Captain Atom.

Your instincts are correct though, if the Question as portrayed in DCAU is anything similar to his comic book origins, he's a street level hero. Vic Sage (Sasz) is a reporter who disguises himself with a mask that makes him "faceless". He is a detective/martial artist and that's about it as far as archetype goes. It's his personality that makes him awesome. You can thank Steve Ditko, the co-creator of Spider-man for the Question, as well as the Blue Beetle.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Horsenhero wrote:I find it amusing that The Question reminds you of Rorshach, since Rorshach was based on the Question. While in the end I think it turned out for the best, Alan Moore originally wanted to use the Charlton Comics heroes whom DC has the rights to, for the Watchmen. Thus Rorschach is the Question, Nite Owl is Blue Beetle, Silk Spectre is Nightshade, Comedian is Peacemaker, Ozymandius is Judo Master and Dr. Manhattan is Captain Atom.

Your instincts are correct though, if the Question as portrayed in DCAU is anything similar to his comic book origins, he's a street level hero. Vic Sage (Sasz) is a reporter who disguises himself with a mask that makes him "faceless". He is a detective/martial artist and that's about it as far as archetype goes. It's his personality that makes him awesome. You can thank Steve Ditko, the co-creator of Spider-man for the Question, as well as the Blue Beetle.

Heh, yeah - I stumbled on that just after I said I'd do the build. :D

What's even more amusing is that they apparently nodded to that fact in the DC Universe, having the Question READ Watchmen and think that Rorshach was "pretty cool", then get beaten up attempting to copy Rorshach's style of rough justice, concluding in the end that "Rorshach sucks." ^^

Talk about coming full circle. . .

But yeah, DCAU had him in one fight scene total from what I've seen so far, in which he grabbed someone from offscreen and dropped them back in, followed by their belt full of grenades. . . followed by the pins. O_O

Later in the episode, he interrogates a guy in a taxi cab, then sings some pop song he'd used in the interrogation to himself as he arrives at the building Green Arrow and Supergirl had infiltrated earlier, before smashing through the glass door with a nearby blunt object. And he never stopped singing! :D

But yeah. Expect the build soon. Gotta love a stealthy martial artist in a trench coat with a sense of humor.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Vic Sage, the Question.

Postby Xarathos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:14 pm

The Question
"What, do you go through my trash?" --Supergirl
"Please... I go through everyone's trash." --The Question

PL 9
Abilities: 32 pp

Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 18 (+4)
Intelligence: 18 (+4)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Offense:
Attack 5 (Unarmed 13, Damage 5)

Defense: 34
Defense: 23 (13 Flat footed)
Toughness: 5, 4 Flat footed (2 Impervious)
Fortitude: 2 + 8 = 10
Reflex: 1 + 8 = 9
Will: 4 + 8 = 12

Skills: 25 pp
Profession [Journalist] 8, Gather Information 10, Knowledge [Streetwise] 6, Knowledge [Theology and Philosophy] 6, Investigate 10, Search 8, Knowledge [Arcane Lore] 6, Craft [Writing] 6, Knowledge [Conspiracy Theories] 8, Drive 4, Swim 4, Intimidate 8/12, Stealth 4, Bluff 8, Medicine 4,

Evasion, Dodge Focus 7, Defensive Roll, Martial Strike 3, Attack Specialization 3 (Unarmed), Connected, Contacts, Well-Informed, Conspiracy Theorist 3 {From Mecha and Manga: any time the Question rolls a natural 18 or better on a Gather Information, Investigate, or Knowledge check, he gets a new insight on some other, seemingly unrelated problem - new check immediately, no need for any tools or reference material}, Equipment 2, Luck 4, Beginner's Luck, Jack of All Trades, Fearless, Sneak Attack, Ritualist, Fearsome Presence 4, Trance, Dragon Style Kung-Fu:All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Block, Improved Critical, Improved Sunder, Instant Up, Power Attack, Startle, Judo: Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Improved Trip, Stunning Attack, Eidetic Memory,

Powers: 12 pp

Chi Sense: Detect Chi, Ranged Notice Checks: 2 pp

Pseudoderm Mask Belt: Device 2 (Restricted 2: Vic Sage only): 10 pp
- Gas activated Pseudoderm Mask and Color Change Treatment: Morph 5 ("The Question"/Vic Sage)
- Gas Aura: Enhanced Skills (Intimidate 4); Enhanced Feat: Fearsome Presence 4

Equipment:
Camera, Flashlight, Cellphone, Tracer, Trenchcoat: [Subtle, Impervious 2, Protection 2], 1 point assigned as needed.

Total: Abilities 32 + Offense 10 + Defense 34 + Skills 25 + Feats/Advantages 48 + Powers 12 = 161

Notes:
:arrow: The Question's 'Chi Sense' let's him do things like detect poisons or diseases, the presence of living things or undead (as distortions in the flow of chi) as well as chi-based martial arts powers. It was mentioned in at least one source I found as an ability he manifested after his martial arts training, so I felt it would be good to include. I also included Ritualist after finding several references to Vic using "Shamanic Trances" to gain information about the city and similar things. I couldn't find enough specific details of him using what sounded like a kind of magic, but I felt that Ritualist would model this kind of thing pretty well if the need arose. Since it's NOT something he uses in a fight by any accounts. . . The Chi Sense I wound up giving him might be a bit better in some respects than what he actually possessed, but since I haven't read the books in question I can't be sure.

:arrow: Geez, that Conspiracy Theorist feat - it's like it was MADE for him. The rest is based on the fact that he's a detective, and he's known to have mastered several martial arts. However, I didn't see anything to suggest that his martial arts were terribly 'flashy' or anything of the kind, so I didn't give him any powers of that nature. The Martial Strike feat is enough to get his damage cap met, and feels more accurate.

:arrow: Like most of my characters, Vic is invoking the optional rule about Sneak Attack: one rank is allowed to exceed damage caps.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - like I said, my experience with the character is very limited, so I can use all the help I can get.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Thor (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby Xarathos » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Xarathos wrote:The Mighty Thor

"Give your orders and ultimatums to those who choose to obey, or are too cowardly to fight, not to me. Or learn again the difference between a God of Thunder-- and a mortal man in a metal suit." --Thor #3, 2008

"Oh, yeah? Well my god has a hammer." --Nick Fury

PL 15, around 285 pp
+5Tough/-5Def, +5DC/-5Atk Mjolner (Close)
Abilities 70 + Skills 18 + Feats 48 + Offense 18 + Defense 35 + Powers 96 = 285 pp

Abilities: 70 pp
Strength 44/36 (+17/+13)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 40 (+15)
Intelligence 12 (+1)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 18 (+4)

Skills: 18
Climb 0 (+13) Diplomacy 8 (+12), Intimidate 16 (+20), Knowledge [Arcane Lore] 6 (+7), Knowledge [History] 6, Knowledge [Tactics] 8, Notice 7, Sense Motive 9, Swim 0 (+13), Knowledge [Theology and Philosophy] 4, Medicine 8

Attack Focus (Melee) 1, All-Out Attack, Power Attack, Accurate Attack, Defensive Attack, Benefit 3 (Status: Founding Avenger, Odinson, Diplomatic Immunity), Dodge Focus 3, Fearless, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Startle, Takedown Attack, Ultimate Effort (Ultimate Toughness Save), Tough, Luck 6, Withstand Damage, Rage, Diehard, Fearsome Presence 10, Startle, Teamwork, Improved Block, Improved Disarm, Chokehold, Improved Grapple, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Stunning Attack, Veteran Fighter

Offense: 18 pp
+9 Attack (+10 Unarmed/Mjolner, +15 Lightning)

Defense: 35 pp
Defense: +7 (+10): 20 (14 flat-footed)
Toughness 20 (Impervious 12)
Fortitude: 15 + 5 = 20
Reflex: 1 + 6 = 7
Will: 2 + 10 = 12

Powers: 96 pp

Asgardian Physiology: Density 4 (Permanent; PF: Buoyant, Innate [+8 Strength, Protection 2 (Impervious), Immovable 1, Super-Strength 1]) (14 pp); Immunity 10 (Age, Life Support); Impervious Toughness 10, Super-Strength 8, Super-Senses 2 (Counters Illusion [Vision]); Super-Senses 6 (Extended Hearing 6): 58 pp

Mjolner: Device 7, Easy to Lose; PF: Indestructible, Restricted 2 (Must be Worthy): 28 pp

- Magical Awareness: Super-Senses 1 (Magical Awareness): 1 pp

- The Power of Thor: 28 point Array:
Uru Hammer: Strike 3 (Power Feats: Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical 3, Mighty); Flight 8 (2500 mph); Power Feat (on Super-Strength): Shockwave [Electricity]; Super- Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel to Asgard): 28 pp
AP: Thrown Hammer:Blast 3 (Power Feats: Accurate, Affects Insubstantial 2, Improved Critical, Improved Range—75 foot range increment, Mighty 17): 1 pp
AP: Lord of Lightning: Flight 2 (25 mph) & Blast 15 (Power Feats: Accurate x3, Improved Range 3—1400 foot range increment, Indirect 2, Flaw: Full-Round Action) [Lightning]: 1 pp
AP: Master of the Elements: Flight 2 (25 mph) & Weather Control 12 (24pp—mix and match environments: Cold, Distraction (Precipitation), Hamper Movement (Icy or Wet Surfaces), Reduced Visibility (Rain)): 1 pp
AP: God Blast: Disintegration 14 [Flaw: Full-Round Action, Distracting]: 1 pp
AP: Big Asgardian, Small Universe: Flight 8 (2500 mph); Space Travel 1, Environmental Adaptation Zero Gee); ______ : 1 pp
AP: Child of Gaia: Move Object 28 (Perception Range; Limited: Earth; Distracting): 1 pp

Belt of Strength and Asgardian Armor: Device 2, Hard to Lose, Power Feat: Indestructible: 9 pp
Protection 2, Super-Strength 4: 10 pp

Notes:

:arrow: Thor receives a minor updates in the form of more Super-Strength, giving him a total effective lift strength of 104 (They don't call him Mighty for nothing, folks!), and rendering him the first of the Big Three to finally meet the point total I was shooting for. I am . . . awed. As a light load, Thor can now lift just under 8000 Tons. As a heavy load, he can lift close to 125K tons, roughly the size of a large bridge!

:arrow: Child of Gaia; Thor is the son of Odin Allfather and Gaia, the Earth goddess. As such, he has power over the earth in addition to his might as a thunder god. I've only seen him use it on one occasion, but since he ripped a canyon across a large chunk of Africa I felt it bore putting in the build. I also took the liberty of including space flight and my brief take on his fabled "God Blast" - which, of course, he rarely uses, but I had the points, so there it is.

:arrow: Thor should also feel free to power stunt off that Uru array liberally. He is, after all, a god - and he's got more than enough Hero points to make him feel like one.

:arrow: Consider the "Normal Identity" of Donald Blake a Complication.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Daredevil, The Question, Thor update

Postby Xarathos » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Alright, that's all the editing I'm doing for now, though I suspect that Daredevil could use a once-over later; I think I over complicated his Billy Club, and might go back and put more of an emphasis on his hand to hand while worrying about ranged less. I actually don't remember seeing him use his billy clubs at range, but then again I'm not a huge reader of Daredevil, much as I liked the character.

Comments, questions, and requests are always welcome, particularly as I am once again stumped for what to do. If I keep failing to think of anything, I might take a stab at Green Arrow - or Dr. Strange.

No, in fact, consider Dr. Strange my next target. I'm guessing he falls into over pointed PL 15 or higher territory, particularly since the 'iconic' version of the good doctor is the Sorcerer Supreme.

If anyone has anything they'd like me to do afterward, now's the time. Otherwise, stay tuned for Dr. Strange, Sorcerer Supreme! :)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Daredevil, The Question, Thor update

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:39 pm

You have a great thor build, and thought of a few things even i didn't think of in my own build of him.

Return to “Roll Call”