Xarathos' Builds: Mass Effect Templates: Infiltrator (PL 8)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Cleric of Asmodeus (PL 8)

Postby Xarathos » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Shanwen Shanwen
V2

PL 8 / ~120 pp

116; 4 points remain for customization.

Male human cleric of Asmodeus
LE Medium humanoid

Defenses:
Toughness +12 (+9 armor)
Defense 15 (12 Flat Footed)

fort +8, Ref +5, Will +8

Ranged:
@: Hellfire Control 8 Blast (Drawback: Requires Holy Symbol (-1))
AP: Hellfire Control 8 (Blast, Area (Cone), Reduced Range)
AP: Ring of Fire: Snare 8
AP: Heal 8
AP: Mind Control 8 (Limited to One Round)
AP: Light 8
AP: Autofire Fire Blast 6
AP: Negative Energy Burst: Drain Con Area 6

Device 3 (Hard to Lose): Hellbound Armor: 16 pp
Protection +9, Impervious 3
Poisoned Spikes: Strike 1, Sustained (+2, Aura +1, Alternate Save: Fortitude +1) Power Feat: Mighty
Shield 2

Device 2: Hellscreamer Mace: 6 pp
Poison Strike: Strike 4 (Alternate Save: Fortitude), Mighty: 9pp
AP: Strike 4 (Penetrating) (Mighty)

TACTICS
During Combat Shanwen prefers to rely on his mastery of Hellfire, using blasts or cones as the situation requires it. Engaging him in Melee has the potential to backfire badly, however, with his Hellscreamer Mace and Hellbound Armor combining to make him particularly nasty, with a number of effects that harm the body directly. He only channels negative energy if he's surrounded by enemies and no Hellknights are in the area. Relies on his armor to protect him primarily, which leaves him somewhat vulnerable to alternative means of attack. And, of course, his minions enter the fray on his behalf. . .

Shanwen is too proud to surrender, and fights until defeated.

STATISTICS
Str 12, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 10

Base Atk +4
Base Defense 3

Feats
Ritualist, Tough, Minions 8 (5 PL 6 Hellknight Armagers), Power Attack, Accurate Attack, All Out Attack, Stand Tough,

Skills 6
Heal +6, Knowledge (planes) +5, Knowledge (religion) +5,
Perception +3
Languages Common, Infernal

Equipment: Holy symbol, prison carriage key

:arrow: I mentioned that I was planning to produce a more. . . viable. That's the word. A more viable cleric of Asmodeus, and here he is. A PL 8 character is supposed to be a decent challenge for a party of 4 PL 6's, and I'm really not sure how our party would do. Granted, we have 6, so in our case I might want to bump him up a bit more in terms of points spent - or just give him more minions. Maybe throw in a summoning power if I'm feeling crazy.

This guy should be a decent encounter, and with a few tweaks, could well challenge a party of Westcrown PC's again later on. And, of course, he could easily be dropped into a more moderns Super's setting. Just tweak/expand the skills, bump up PL as needed, raise his mobility . . . sky's the limit, and might not even be that. :D

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: Psionic Paragon Variant

Postby Xarathos » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:19 pm

Something a little different for a change of pace. It's been quite awhile since I tried my hand at making an original character with a hopeful, idealistic bent, so let's take a stab at it, shall we?

I wanted to build something that worked and looked like a Paragon, but without making him a direct ripoff of Superman, and without any resemblance to most of my other heros, many of which tend to have a 'Supernaturals' or Iron Age flavor (despite the fact that it wasn't really my favorite period in comics (though I freely admit that I own Watchmen and LOVE it)), or bear a lot more resemblance to 'The Cowl' than 'The Cape'.

And he wasn't going to be allowed to wear black, carry a sword, be a mage, have demon/vampire/angel/misc other supernatural blood, be part of a tragic bloodline, or be 'Cursed with Awesome' like so many of my roleplaying characters have been in the past.

I decided to pull a serious wish fulfillment on him and have him REALLY win the super powers lottery, so in that vein, I offer Daydreamer, the psionic Paragon.

Daydreamer

Abilities 32 + Skills 12 + Feats 12 + Powers 78 + Combat 16 = 150

Str 14/34 +2/12
Dex 12 +1
Con 14/34 +2/12
Wis 22 +6
Int 14 +2
Cha 16 +3

Combat:
Attack 4 (+8 Unarmed)
Defense 4 (+4 dodge, 2 Flat Footed)

Saves:
Toughness 12 (Impervious)
Fortitude 2/12/15
Will: 6 + 1/9 = 7/15
Reflex: 1 + /7 = 1/15

Skills: 12
Concentration 8,
Notice 6
Profession (Chef) 4
Search 6
Bluff 4
Diplomacy 8
Sense Motive 8

Feats:
Uncanny Dodge
Ultimate Save (Will),
Dodge Focus 4
Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 2
Luck 1
Attractive

Powers:
Astral Form 6 (5/rank): 30 pp
AP: Flight 5 (2/rank), Enhanced Constitution 20 (1/rank)

Super-Senses 2 (Danger Sense, Mental Awareness)
Impervious Toughness 10

Telepathy 11 (Wide): (3/rank)
AP: Psychokinesis 7 (Effective Strength 35, Perception PF: Precise)
AP: Enhanced Strength 20 ("Tactile Telekinesis"); Super-Strength 1 (+5 Effective Lift Strength for total of 39)
AP: Mental Blast 5 (4/rank)
AP: Enhanced Saves: Reflex + 11, Fortitude + 3, Will + 8
AP: Psychokinetic Bolt 7 (Perception Ranged Damage, PF: Split Attack)
AP: Create Object (Force Fields) 16 (Flaw: Feedback, PF: Progression 3, Tether, Stationary, Subtle)

Notes:

David always dreamed about being a Super hero. Unlike many, his dream became reality.

After years of studying Lucid Dreaming and learning to explore his dream state, he had his first out of body experience - his study of the workings of his mind had somehow triggered a latent mutation in his brain, unlocking his powers. Eventually he discovered his telepathy and telekinesis, and rejoiced to find that he could fly through the air! He designed himself a costume, and like any good hearted citizen, set out to fight evil, protect the innocent, and generally be the good guy everyone looks up to. So far, the people love him, and since he was smart enough to not live in the Marvel universe, they probably will. He just wants to do the right thing, though like many heroes he's finding out that knowing what it is isn't always easy . . . then again, if you know what someone is thinking, it doesn't hurt.

Daydreamer mainly focuses his abilities on telekinesis, but he's not afraid to get creative. If he needs to he'll stunt an illusion power off his telepathy, and while he's not usually one to try manipulating people's minds he will if he needs to protect his secret identity. Mostly, though, his combat style boils down to "hit it until it stops hitting me." If he needs something more complex, against particularly powerful enemies, he'll shield himself with an additional layer of Force fields and use his perception ranged telekinetic and telepathic attacks to wear his foe down.

He's very, very hard to hurt if he's concentrating on defending himself, though he's not terribly hard to hit - unless he starts using create object cleverly (and he likely will). While he doesn't have X-ray vision or another Paragon package deal like that, Astral Form will cover the same ground and then some - if he has time.

Mainly, though, he's happy with his life. What's not to like? Save the girl, beat the alien invaders, shake hands with the police when you turn over the criminal, wink at the mayor's daughter . . . things have worked out pretty well so far, but it won't be long before he realizes that he needs a team behind him.

Despite his mental abilities, he's generally a front line kind of fighter, and just prefers to move in and punch things - after all, isn't that what Superman would do? Still, he's smart enough to realize that his mind, not his body, is his most important asset, given that the former empowers the latter. . .

EDIT: Altered last alternate power to add the feedback flaw and raise the rank slightly. It MIGHT make the whole "encase self in force field and fight from behind it" thing more difficult, but then again, with a decent Will save and a Hero Point on hand, it might not. Either way, though, it works more in line with comic-book telekinetic shapes (Ala GL/Sue Storm).

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Daydreamer, Psionic Paragon (PL 10)

Postby Xarathos » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:30 pm

You know, having read the last DC Adventures design journal, I'm kinda liking the idea of trying to make Marvel's biggest "Iconic" characters at or around the same PL as DC's big three (with aproximatly the point breakdown they suggested, IE, points near PL 19 starting, but characters built around PL 15 to 12, depending on their exact nature. I'm thinking of doing:

Captain America: PL 12
The Mighty Thor: PL 15
Iron Man: PL 15

To match up against Batman (PL 12), Superman (PL 15) and Wonder Woman (PL 15).

I'm guessing Hulk would be around that level, too, maybe slightly higher with slightly fewer points. Just a thought.

Something thereabouts. Any thoughts would be appreciated - I don't know for sure if I will, but it's kind of a nice idea. I already pre-ordered the DC Hero's Handbook, and it could be interesting to have Marvel equivalents for easy conversion.

If there's any interest, I definitely will.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: Steve Rogers IS Captain America! (In progr

Postby Xarathos » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Alright, I said I was going to, and I am.

My objective, dear readers, is to assemble my own, "Iconic" build of Marvel's own "Big Three", which in my mind are Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America. Captain America as a character is one of the few reasons I still pay any attention to Marvel comics (though I loved them growing up, Spider-man has fallen in my mind, and few of the rest do much better). Thor remains consistently awe inspiring no matter what befalls him, and Iron Man. . . well, much as I hated the whole Civil War arc, Tony has started to redeem himself in my mind through his actions since. Iron Man: World's Most Wanted solidified and renewed him for me, though I have to admit my favorite moment in Iron Man's history is still that one in the semi-recent Thor books where he gets the smackdown delivered from Mjolner (I'm shamelessly hoping for a repeat of that in the upcoming Avengers movie, heheh).

These builds are meant to be "Iconic," representing a fair take on the character's overall power level, and intended to set them at a comparable plane to that of the DC "Trinity" for the upcoming DC Adventures/M&M 3E. I'm planning to convert them once my copy arrives.

If I'm going to start with one, it has to be the first and best, so here he is. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, the First Avenger!

Captain America

"I Know What Freedom Is...You Know Compromise."
- Civil War: The Confession.
"Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next."
- Civil War #1
PL 12, 248 pp - shooting for around 285

Stats:

Str: 24 (+7)
Con: 24 (+7)
Dex: 24 (+7)
Wis: 18 (+4)
Int: 16 (+3)
Cha: 20 (+5)

Saves: 14
Fortitude: 7 + 6 = 13
Reflex: 7 + 4 = 11
Will: 4 + 4 = 8

Combat:
Base Attack: +10 : 20pp
Base Defense: +8: 16 pp

Powers:
Advanced Shield Training:
- Blast 5, Targeted Area (Shapeable +1) Flaw: Side-Effect [disarmed on a missed ranged attack roll; -1], Mighty 7 (Drawback: Requires Shield -1): 16 pp

Super-Soldier Serum (Container): 5 pp
[
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) (Flaw: Limited (half effect each) 2 pp
Regeneration (Recovery Bonus +3): 3 pp
]

Device 10 (3/rank): Star Spangled Shield! (Easy to Lose) (PF: Indestructible): 31 pp

50 pp traits:
[Shield 3,
Strike 5 (Power Feat: Mighty, Split Attack [2]; Linked: Enhanced Feats 3: Improved Sunder, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break): 11 pp
Deflect 12 (All ranged attacks) 36 pp
]

Feats: 55
Dedication (America)
Defensive Strike
Fearless
Steadfast (Immovable 1)
Wallop (Knockback 1 applied to Strength)
Cunning Fighter
Stunning Attack
Set-Up
Elusive Target
Improved Grab
Improved Pin
Improved Trip
Improved Throw
Quick Draw
Redirect
Distract
Assessment
Dodge Focus 1
Connected
Benefit: Captain America!
Attractive
Attack Specialization (Shield)
Power Attack
Accurate Attack
All-Out Attack
Evasion
Takedown Attack (1)
Teamwork
Improved Initiative
Diehard
Endurance
Equipment (6)
Defensive Roll (3)
Improved Block
Interpose
Withstand Damage
Leadership
Master Plan
Luck (2)
Uncanny Dodge (Visual)
Improved Overrun
Inspire (3)
Defensive Attack
Improved Defense
Ricochet Attack (1)
Veteran Fighter
Chokehold

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+12)
Climb 5
Craft 4 [Mechanical]
Craft 5 [Artistic]
Diplomacy 12
Drive 5
Intimidate 8
Knowledge [History] 4
Knowledge [Tactics] 16
Medicine 4
Notice 4
Pilot 4
Sense Motive 9
Stealth 3
Survival 7
Swim 3
Languages 4 (Base: English; Arabic, Japanese, German, Russian)

Equipment:
Captain America's Costume [Impervious Protection +2; Comlink] 5 ep
25 ep in misc equipment as needed for mission.

:arrow: As I mentioned above, I LOVE Captain America. I never used to, but then again I didn't used to like Superman, either, and they've both won me over completely. I think the speech he gave Spider-man about standing firmly by the river of truth or whatever was what did it for me, what finally made me go, "WOW. This, right here, is a character worth emulating."

:arrow: Cap, for me, stands neatly between Superman and Batman of the DCU; Batman's humanity and place as the 'Peak of Human Potential', and Superman's idealism and drive to do what's right, his goodness, his purity. Not to mention his just plain wholesomeness. Cap is like Superman in the sense that he's one of the ones you point to when people start trying to tell you what's wrong with comic books, and reply, "Oh, really? Well, this is what they did right, and we could use a bit more of that in the real world, thank you very much." He's also (like Superman) one of the most beloved characters in his universe, respected and loved by everyone. Except maybe Nazi's. This is the guy other heroes look to, and I hope I've managed to do him justice here.

:arrow: I've run into one minor problem, in the sense that I still have a lot of points left. I'd intended to get him a bit closer to 285 points, in order to bring him up to where it sounds like the Trinity will be in the DC Handbook. However, he feels enough like Cap to me here that I'm going to stop. If nothing else, he probably has enough left over to take on a sidekick.

:arrow: Frankly, when all is said and done, I just want a Captain America who can stand up to Batman and still look good. I'll probably retool him quite a bit when the new edition comes out with that in mind, but that's the goal. After all, they fought to a standstill in the DC vs Marvel crossover, and the end of the fight (Batman) was pure luck - and this after probably hours off panel.

:arrow: EDIT: Not sure Steadfast (Immovable 1) really cuts it when it comes to how effective Cap's shield is at absorbing kinetic energy. I may fix that with more ranks combined with the drawback (Requires Shield) or even as a property of the Shield itself. Don't know why that didn't occur to me earlier. . . Do'oh.

:arrow: EDIT: Now that I've seen the design journal this week, I'm thinking that I might be worried over nothing in terms of cost. I'm wondering now though if I can successfully convert the character sheet based on that information alone. . . Might be a worthwhile exercise.
Last edited by Xarathos on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: 3E Captain America? (WIP)

Postby Xarathos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:56 am

Captain America

"Do you actually think the fact that you know how to program a computer makes you more of a human being than me? That I’m out of touch because I don’t know what you know? I know what freedom is. I know what it feels like to fight for it and I know what it costs to have it. You know compromise."

PL 12

Abilities:

Strength 7
Stamina 7
Agility 7
Awareness 4
Intellect 3
Presence 5
Fighting 10
Dexterity 10

Powers:
:?: Advanced Shield Training:
- Uncanny Throwing Skill: Blast 5, Targeted Area (Shapeable +1) Flaw: Side-Effect [disarmed on a missed ranged attack roll; -1], Mighty 7 (Drawback: Requires Shield -1): 16 pp

:?: Super-Soldier Serum (Container): 5 pp
[
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) (Flaw: Limited (half effect each) 2 pp
Regeneration (Recovery Bonus +3): 3 pp
]

:?: Device 10 (3/rank): Star Spangled Shield! (Easy to Lose) (PF: Indestructible): 31 pp

50 pp traits:
[Shield 3,
Strike 5 (Power Feat: Mighty, Split Attack [2]; Linked: Enhanced Feats 3: Improved Sunder, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break): 11 pp
Deflect 12 (All ranged attacks) 36 pp
]

Advantages: 53
Dedication (America)
Defensive Strike
Fearless
Steadfast (Immovable 1)
Wallop (Knockback 1 applied to Strength)
Cunning Fighter
Stunning Attack
Set-Up
Elusive Target
Improved Grab
Improved Pin
Improved Trip
Improved Throw
Quick Draw
Redirect
Distract
Assessment
Connected
Benefit: Captain America!
Attractive
Power Attack
Accurate Attack
All-Out Attack
Evasion
Takedown Attack (1)
Teamwork
Improved Initiative
Diehard
Endurance
Equipment (6)
Defensive Roll (3)
Improved Block
Interpose
Stand Tough
Leadership
Master Plan
Luck (2)
Uncanny Dodge (Visual)
Improved Overrun
Inspire (3)
Defensive Attack
Improved Defense
Ricochet Attack (1)
Veteran Fighter
Chokehold

Skills: 47 pp
Acrobatics 5 (+12)
Athletics 5 (+12)
Craft 4 [Mechanical]
Craft 5 [Artistic]
Close Combat: (Shield) 2
Ranged Combat: (Shield) 2
Persuasion 12
Vehicles 5
Intimidate 8
Expertise: [History] 4
Expertise: [Military] 16
Medicine 4
Perception 4
Insight 9
Stealth 3
Survival 7
Languages 4 (Base: English; Arabic, Japanese, German, Russian)

Equipment:
Captain America's Costume [Impervious Protection +2; Comlink] 5 ep
25 ep in misc equipment as needed for mission.

Offense:

Initiative +11
Shield, Ranged, Damage 12
Shield, Close, Damage 12
Unarmed, Close, Damage 7

Defense:
<It's at this point I have to admit to not quite knowing how the defenses will work, or how to calculate them. Yet.>

Power Points:

Abilities 106
Powers 52?
Advantages 53?
Skills 47
Defenses ?

Total: 258 +- (Costs may vary, list of advantages may change) + Defenses

Notes:
:arrow: Hey, I couldn't resist making the attempt at a head start. This is just converting what I've managed to figure out from the Design Journal character sheet of GL. It's obviously unfinished, because I'm only guessing on certain points.
:arrow: It DOES, however, make Steve's point: Direct conversion isn't necessarily possible, but it's possible to use a lot of things as-is. I'm guessing that the 'Advantages' aren't mechanically all that different from feats, so... probably a lot of 2E material will still be usable with a little thought.
:arrow: And it's nice to know that I won't be completely lost when the book gets here. Plus, Cap probably isn't as far off from Batman as I thought he might be at first - I'll know for sure when we finally see the sheet, and can tinker with him again as needed.
:arrow: New post, new pic - that one is from the concept art for the upcoming movie. As redesigns go, it's pretty spiffy, and it sure beats the 70's one. /Shudders
Last edited by Xarathos on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Captain America (3E?)

Postby MisterO » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 pm

You know what I just noticed about the movie costume? His right pauldron(?) is white and the left is blue.

It's an okay costume "update" but it looks a little video-gamey to me.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Actually, they're both blue - it's just the lighting. You can see a few other poses that show it better at the link: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

Really, I was just afraid that it would look awful. The 70's movie featured a motorcycle helmet that made him look like a moron (of course, in the film, he was one) and the 90's movie used an 'authentic' version that STILL made him look completely stupid.

Plus, compared to the updated treatment that the X-men got for their films, it's not too terribly video-gamey (and still more respectful of the source than those films, though really, yellow and blue would have looked bad on screen, too, so meh).

For me, the updated costume has been the first real sign that I should be taking THIS Captain America film seriously. . . He's one of the heroes that I really want to see done RIGHT on film. I've been worrying ever since they started leaking details about the story elements and rumors of casting Will Smith as Cap (Which thankfully turned out to be unsubstantiated). :P

MisterO
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby MisterO » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Xarathos wrote:Actually, they're both blue - it's just the lighting. You can see a few other poses that show it better at the link: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

Really, I was just afraid that it would look awful. The 70's movie featured a motorcycle helmet that made him look like a moron (of course, in the film, he was one) and the 90's movie used an 'authentic' version that STILL made him look completely stupid.

Plus, compared to the updated treatment that the X-men got for their films, it's not too terribly video-gamey (and still more respectful of the source than those films, though really, yellow and blue would have looked bad on screen, too, so meh).

For me, the updated costume has been the first real sign that I should be taking THIS Captain America film seriously. . . He's one of the heroes that I really want to see done RIGHT on film. I've been worrying ever since they started leaking details about the story elements and rumors of casting Will Smith as Cap (Which thankfully turned out to be unsubstantiated). :P

Ah, I see now. Though I think it would have been a cool design element.

Yeah Cap has one of the harder costumes to "get right", next to Wonder Woman.

Hadn't heard about Will Smith being considered for Captain America though.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Yeah. I'm not sure where I read that, but supposedly he was on the list. I don't think he could have sold the part, but I'm not all that sure about the guy they settled on, either. Still, his part in the FF movie was its high point for me, too, so... it could work. The sad thing is, they've already done three failed attempts, so no matter what they do it'll STILL be better than "Steve Rodgers, whiny-ex-marine-in-a-panel-van."

I just desperately want this to be the movie I can show non-comicbook people who want to know who the hell Captain America is, anyway.

You're right about Wonder Woman. She looks great on the page, but DANG it would be hard to do that live and have it be taken seriously. Shame, too.

ScourgeXLVII
Disciple
Disciple

Postby ScourgeXLVII » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Nice 3E build, though I expect some editing will be needed. One thing to note though, is, based on the GL build, Diplomacy is now Persuasion, and Notice is perception. A minor point, but since you had the other skills' names edited...
"You know youre too old for Superhero cartoons when you start considering the thousands of dollars of damage caused in the pursuit of a jewelry thief, who stole a couple hundred dollars in jewelry, which was probably insured anyway"
-My roommate

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:33 pm

I suspect that you're right, I'll definitely have to do some editing - starting with when I find out how Devices work in the new system, how to do a power that depends on an implement, how flaws and such work (if they're different or the same. . . ?) Not to mention, I haven't quite grasped from the sheet how defenses are handled in terms of cost or modifiers, so I'll have to be paying for those when I do know that.

Of course, since I'm aiming for him to be equal with Batman, and Batman is (apparently) pointed around 285, I think he's got some room to grow yet. :)

Fixed the skill names you mentioned; thanks for catching that. Always glad to see someone else is reading my stuff. :D

Anyone have a preference which one I do next? I want to get Iron Man and Thor ready so I have something to convert from when the system arrives, so I'll probably work through those . . . unless someone has some other request. Heck, even a new idea for an original would be good for me. I still love building original characters, but somehow I'm low on ideas lately.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Xarathos' Builds: Iron Man (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby Xarathos » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Meeting Bruce Wayne as the 'billionaire playboy' of his trio, and standing for the Science Fiction elements of his home universe, hailing from Earth-616, I bring you...

Mr. Tony Stark!

Iron Man
"I'm not saying I'm responsible for this country's longest run of uninterrupted peace in 35 years! I'm not saying that from the ashes of captivity, never has a Phoenix metaphor been more personified! I'm not saying Uncle Sam can kick back on a long chair, sipping on an iced tea, because I haven't come across anyone man enough to face me on my best day!"

[Concerning the armor] "It's not a weapon, it's more of a highly advanced prosthesis."

PL 15, around 285 pp

Abilities: 30 pp
Strength 12/38 (+1/+14)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 22 (+6)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 16 (+3)

Skills: 22 pp
88 Ranks:
Bluff 4 (+8), Computers 9 (+15), Craft [Electronic] 16 (+22), Craft [Mechanical] 16 (+22), Diplomacy 4 (+8), Disable Device 4 (+10), Gather Info 5 (+9), Knowledge [Business] 4 (+10), Knowledge [Technology] 16 (+22), Notice 4 (+5), Sense Motive 6 (+7)

Feats/Advantages: 30 pp
Attack Specialization [Repulsor Rays] (2), Benefit [Status, Wealthy (5), Security Clearance], Connected, Contacts, Dodge Focus (1), Luck (2), Master Plan, Attractive, Inventor, Skill Mastery [Computers, Craft: Electronics, Craft: Mechanical, Disable Device], Teamwork, Accurate Attack, Improvised Tools, Power Attack, Second Chance (Disable Device checks), Jack of All Trades, Beginner's Luck, All-out Attack, Defensive Attack, Withstand Damage, Improved Aim, Precise Shot,

Offense: 10 pp
Attack: 5 (+9 Unarmed, +13 Repulsors)

Defense: 27 pp
Defense: 5 (6 Dodge Focus, 10 (12 max) Shields)
Toughness: 18 (12 Impervious)
Fortitude: 2 + 6 = 8
Reflex: 1 + 5 = 6
Will: 2 + 6 = 8

Powers:

Iron Man Armor: Device 26 (4/rank), Accurate 2, Restricted 2: 112 pp
[ 134 points - 1 floating
- Stealth Countermeasures: 6 Point Array
Cloaking: Concealment 6 (Visual and Auditory; Flaw: Limited [to Machines; -1]: 6 pp
AP:Mirror Image: Concealment 4 (Visual; Flaw: Partial [-1]): 1 pp

- AI and Database: Features 2 (2 pp)

- Communications System: Communication 4 (radio, 1 mile): 4 pp

- Advanced Sensory and Targeting Systems: Super-Senses 15 (Normal Sight 2 [Extended 1], Infravision, Microscopic Vision 2 [cellular], Radar, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision, direction sense, distance sense, radio, time sense, Analytical Vision) (15pp)

- Digital Interface Upgrades: Datalink 10 (200,000 mile range): 10 pp

- Nanotech Armor Plating: Protection 12, Impervious 12; Immunity 9 (Life Support): 33pp

- Utility Subsystem: Dynamic 12 point array.
Flight 6 (Dynamic; 250 mph): 13 pp
DAP: Super Strength 6: 2 pp

- Weapons Systems: 26 point array
Enhanced Strength 26: 26pp
AP: Repulsor Rays: Blast 13: 1pp
AP: Uni-beam Alpha: Blast 13 (Flaw: Touch) (Extra: Area (Line): 1pp
AP: Uni-beam Beta: Blast 13 (Flaw: Touch) (Extra: Area (Cone): 1pp
AP: Precision Darts: Blast 8 (Extra: Targeted Area (Burst)) (Flaw: Touch) (Extra: Selective) (PF: Subtle 1): 1pp
AP: Stunning Blow: Stun 13
AP: Repulsor Burst: Blast 8 (Extra: Autofire), PF: Improved Critical 2: 1 pp

- Shield Generator: 4 point array
Shield 4 (4pp)
AP: Force Field 4 (1pp)

- Arc Reactor Reserve: Power Reserve 5 (10 points) (Weapons Systems, Shield Generator, Utility Subsystem): 11 pp
]

Abilities 30 + Skills 22 + Advantages 30 + Offense 10 + Defense/Saves 27 + Powers 112 = 231

:arrow: Ok, this isn't even remotely supposed to be the film version of Iron Man, but the fact is that some of the best quotes from Tony Stark have come from the films, and the reason that I STILL think Iron Man is awesome, in spite of the horrid event known as the Civil War, is the movie franchise.

:arrow: That said, ask me to disarm, Tony, and I'll call my buddy Thor and have him peel you out of that suit.

:arrow: This is my unfinished take on Iron Man, and I may come back and tinker with it some more to add more 'depth' and 'breadth' of ability. Mostly, though, any changes at this point would probably come down to either putting the entire armor inside a "Gadgets" type structure with a greatly increased time to reconfigure, arraying the armors (Especially alternate configurations for specific circumstances, like the Hulkbuster armor), or adding things like Pepper, a machine shop, or Tony's personal headquarters (whatever that might be at the moment).

:arrow: Right now, he weighs in lower than Cap in point total, though he's definitely got the PL advantage. Generally, he operates at a slightly lower PL than 15 anyway, but against the most powerful foes he channels his Arc Reactor reserve into his weapons, defenses, or flight as needed. That's there for the "I'm not holding back" moments. Probably, there will be some kind of complication attached to the use of the reserve.

EDITED: Added 2 new weapons systems, including an alternate Uni-beam suggested by a loyal reader, and threw in another rank of Luck.
Last edited by Xarathos on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Iron Man (PL 15 for Conversion)

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 pm

I like this build of Iron Man. :D

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Thanks, JD! Might I say that I've also enjoyed several of your builds in my time on the ThinkTank, particularly your fantasy stuff. ^^

I used about 4 other builds of Iron Man for reference, as well as (Yes, I'll admit it) the Armored Suit archetype from the core book, then added a few other things - Stand Tough from Mecha and Manga, for instance, seems like it fits into the Super's genre so well, I have to wonder why it wasn't Core to begin with, and it fits perfectly with some of what we've seen ol' Shellhead do (though he's hardly the only one. Practically anyone who isn't a 'Dodge-like-mad' style character like 'Webs has done it on a few occasions - especially if they're about to be hit by the Hulk).

I've also adopted a certain amount of the style of some of the new 3E previews we've seen - I really, REALLY like the way they've grouped powers for 3E, and I figured there's little reason not to use it for 2E builds while I wait.

Just some additional notes on the build:

I didn't give him the Normal Identity drawback because a) if we're looking at Extremeis Iron Man it hardly applies, and b) when I convert it to 3E, that drawback would be replaced with a complication anyway. It almost makes sense to use it that way now, especially for an NPC Iron Man.

Several of the powers will change greatly depending on which version of Iron Man you're looking at, naturally, but this seemed like a good fit for his baseline armor. Not that it's complete, mind you - at least not in my mind. But I'm really not sure what else I should be adding to the sheet, so for the moment it stands.

Probably the logical thing to do in terms of expanding is to add a few backup and specialized suits arrayed off the first one, but beyond that I'm really not sure what else I could do without raising his caps. And I'm not sure he needs to have them raised, heh. Likely there will be a drawback (or complication, hah) applied to the array to prevent him from switching suits as a free action - something like changing to Hulkbuster configuration has classically taken a lot longer than that (except in ONE comic I saw about a future Iron Man, but if we're going for 'most iconic' version that hardly counts).

Next up: Thor! (Unless I change my mind and start tinkering with that armor. Blast you, Iron Man, your modular nature is too tempting! :D)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Yes i also like the new power frame work of 3E, and i am looking forward to seeing more of the sneak peeks over the next few weeks. And i am Looking forward to seeing Thor, i've said it before and i will say it again. Asgardians Rock! 8)

Return to “Roll Call”