Xarathos' Builds: Mass Effect Templates: Infiltrator (PL 8)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Heroes of StarCraft: Sarah Kerrigan (PL 8)

Postby Murkglow » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am

Xarathos wrote:And I'd love to see that pdf booklet :D

I'd love to see a PDF booklet for these as well, sadly mine is not PDF just Word Processor (so it's nothing fancy). Still if you want I could link it. It's just a compilation with corrections and a few minor changes.

Also, is Kerrigan deserving of the Attractive advantage as well? I don't know the history or anything just wondering. She isn't hard on the eyes in her photo anyway.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Heroes of StarCraft: Nova (PL 8)

Postby Xarathos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 am

I'd still love to see it, so sure, link away. :) Maybe someone can do a PDF when the series is finished if there's any interest.

As for Kerrigan, she probably should have it (if only based on her effect on Jim Raynor). I'll add it later.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:04 am

Alright then, hopefully none of the formatting gets messed up or anything.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VI1SO40B

Anyway, it's not 100% what's in this thread but it's fairly close.
Last edited by Murkglow on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:37 am

That's some nice work, Murkglow! I like the way you formatted things; much more efficient use of the page. The formatting got a little messed up when I opened it in Word but I managed to tweak it back to normal pretty easily.

Thanks for sharing ^^

Hmm. I may have to go back and reorder my Advantages/Skills using your booklet as a guide - I keep writing them in the order I think to add them, and they look so much neater alphabetized.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Kerrigan, Queen of Blades: Heroes of StarCraft

Postby Xarathos » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:08 am

Something special for today, as promised...

Kerrigan, "Queen of Blades"
"Once again I stand atop the broken bodies of my enemies... Victorious but not unscarred. The Earth-borne Directorate has been destroyed, and the Overmind lies dead and trampled beneath the ashes of Char. As for my unlikely allies, I think that I shall allow them a reprieve, for in time I will seek to test their resolve, and their strengths. They will all be mine in the end, for I am the Queen of Blades. None shall ever dispute my rule again."

"Every living thing in the universe will bow before the Queen of Blades, or else they will die. Obedience or oblivion. That is why we fight."

PL 13

Abilities: 100 pp
STR 6, STA 5, AGL 6, DEX 4, FGT 10, INT 6, AWE 8, PRE 5

Powers: 100 pp

- Class 12 Psionic Signature: 55 pp
    Senses: Psionic Awareness (Mental), Danger Sense (Mental): 2 pp
      Mind over matter: 40 point array, 45 pp
        You think too loud: Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 10: 40 pp
        Mental Communication 10; 1 pp
        Telekinesis: Perception Move Object 10, Subtle: 1 pp
        Mind Flay: Perception Damage Alternate Save (Will) 10: 1 pp
        Dominate: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction, Resisted by Will (Dazed, Compelled, Controlled) 8: 1 pp
        Razor Swarm/Psionic Storm: Perception Damage Burst Area Secondary Effect 8: 1 pp
      Cloaking: Concealment 4 (All visual): 8 pp
    Queen of the Swarm: Kerrigan has mental control over the majority of the zerg swarm in the galaxy, and possesses a sensory link with all her servants - what they know, she knows. This is seemingly not limited by distance, and though Kerrigan often travels personally to accomplish important tasks, she need not be present to direct her troops: X Trait

- Infested Terran Physiology: 45 pp
    - Immunity 10 (Life Support), 10 pp
    - Protection 3: 3 pp
    - Regeneration 6: 6 pp
    - Burrowing 6: 6 pp
    AE: - Speed 2, Leaping 3: 1 pp
    - Additional Limbs (Blade Wings): 1 pp
    - Penetrating 4 to Strength Damage: 4 pp
    - Variable 2 (Zerg Mutations: Kerrigan can duplicate nearly any power possessed by the swarm to an extent, and has 10 points to allocate to such abilities - Hydralisk spine launchers, the acid of roaches, stronger armor; once, she even fooled the Protoss into believing that she was no longer infested (Morph?)): 14 pp

Advantages: 21
Agile Feint, All Out Attack, Attractive, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidate), Defensive Attack, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Jack of All Trades, Move By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics)

Skills: 58 pp
Acrobatics 12 (+18), Athletics 8 (+14), Close Attack (Unarmed*) 10 (+20), Deception 13 (+18), Expertise: Black-Ops 8 (+14), Expertise: Genetics 10 (+16), Expertise: Tactics 6 (+12), Insight 10 (+18), Intimidation 12 (+17), Perception 6 (+14), Persuasion 1 (+6), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 8 (+14), Vehicles 8 (+12),

Offense:
Offense: Init +10,
Close: Unarmed* +20 (Damage 6),
Ranged 11 (Damage depends on attack)

Defense: 31 pp
Dodge 17, Parry 17, Fort 11, Tou 9/2, Will 15.
6, 10, 5, 8

Totals:
Totals: Abilities 100 + Powers 100 + Advantages 21 + Skills 58 + Defenses 31 = 310

Tradeoffs: +7 Attack/-7 Damage (Close), +4 Defenses/-4 Toughness

Complications:
    My ex is the protagonist: Jim Raynor comes up as an enemy often enough to be a complication for her.
    Heartless: Kerrigan has developed a reputation for being a stone cold b----, well deserved after backstabbing and manipulating the galaxies leaders into doing her bidding for awhile. Oh, and she killed Fenix. Twice.
    Responsibility: "The Swarm", though how seriously she takes this is anyone's guess.
    Hatred: Arcturus Mengsk, Jim Raynor (though this is a little love/hate and he's managed to use that against her as often as she has against him)
    Queen b---- of the Universe: Kerrigan has issues with control ...
Power Loss: Protection against the energies of the Void.

Notes: I was really, really hoping that Kerrigan would come out somewhat less expensive, and I think this is going to need some cleanup at some point. But here she is, in all her terrifying glory; the one and only Queen of Blades. PC World rated her #8 along with the Overmind on their "47 most diabolical videogame villains of all time," and I'd say she deserved it. Kerrigan is AMAZING. She's wicked, malevolent, brutal in battle, and stronger of mind and body than ever before. This is the Kerrigan who looked at Jim Raynor and let him live on the grounds that he wasn't a threat. Nor was Zeratul, in spite of his powers. Nor is anyone of themselves. Without a plot device, the lower PL heroes have no chance.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with her; now I just want to see her playtest against a DCU hero. :D

Unarmed*: For Kerrigan, this is a deadly ballet of her blade wings, claws, and feet.

EDIT: More significant cleanup - need to start triple checking my math. Was able to add a few things as a result, though it did make her marginally more expensive than I thought.
Last edited by Xarathos on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Xarathos' Builds: Kerrigan, Queen of Blades (PL 13)

Postby Nareik123 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:29 am

No one kills Marcus Fenix and gets away with it!

Oh, you mean Protoss version? Shame, but it's true.

The build itself is nice, I'm gonna guess you got the mutations aspect of Kerrigan from the novels? Because it wasn't in the first game or the expansions. Seems all good from my perspective. I'd still rate Zeratul over Kerrigan in melee hand to hand combat though. Kerrigan doesn't exactly have much hand to hand training (obviously she got her Terran Ghost training, and experience from combat against the Terrans and the Protoss) but I still think ity's mostly instinct and relying on her natural weapons.

Oh, is it me, or does the Overmind like Kerrigan? I mean they infested her feet into damned heels! Come on Blizzard, really?
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Nareik123 wrote:No one kills Marcus Fenix and gets away with it!

Oh, you mean Protoss version? Shame, but it's true.

The build itself is nice, I'm gonna guess you got the mutations aspect of Kerrigan from the novels? Because it wasn't in the first game or the expansions. Seems all good from my perspective. I'd still rate Zeratul over Kerrigan in melee hand to hand combat though. Kerrigan doesn't exactly have much hand to hand training (obviously she got her Terran Ghost training, and experience from combat against the Terrans and the Protoss) but I still think ity's mostly instinct and relying on her natural weapons.

Oh, is it me, or does the Overmind like Kerrigan? I mean they infested her feet into damned heels! Come on Blizzard, really?
Part of her skill is an extension of her mastery of knives (Jim once said she was even more skilled with a knife than with a gun), her ghost training, and her newly sharpened instincts. Zeratul might have more training, but she still has more going for her. Plus she's probably power attacking and all out attacking for full almost constantly. Counting on her regeneration, basically. The mutations were partly from the books, partly from commentary on this thread. As for the heels... Heheh. I like to think that the give her one more pointy thing to take someones eye out with (it's the only answer that makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint) but it IS pretty silly. Maybe the Overmind is just kinky. :P

Vexous
Cohort
Cohort

Postby Vexous » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:31 pm

So when the tally is all told she comes in at PL13? I'm kind of surprised you got off that cheap actually;) Although the variable power probably saved you a bit, nice work around for that really.

Also saw you didn't charge her for the few billion minions in the swarm. Or did I just miss it? Hope not, anyone using her already knows about her backup, she's the Boss of a video game you see after wading through the masses, not some crook out robbing a bank. Some things are just given.

Dominate, when she had hold Raszagal nobody knew she was controlled at first. I notice you have dazed under Dominate, since I don't know the rules does that mean its apparent or can it be more subtle? Since it sounds like she's pretty subtle with it unless you know the person or have some reason to be suspiscious.

Gonna go out on a limb here and despite not having the rules yet(be here next week, wootwoot!) say, nice build chief. Toldja she was a beast, Zeratul was in WAY over his head on that fight. Lucky for him she was looking forward to welcoming the end...

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:34 pm

I noted her backup on the sheet as an X-trait, because it's something noone could ever afford to pay for and it's basically GM license to give her as many minions as appropriate for the situation. If I WERE going to make her pay for it, I'd put down 1 point under Benefit: Queen of the Swarm. ;)

I think that her domination of Raszagal was more of a mental transform effect (affliction) stunted off her telepathy array, and possibly with the Insidious extra so even Raszegal wouldn't realize that she was being manipulated. Combine that with a complication/hero point for all of the Protoss involved when they find out, and you have yourself a plot arc.

Kerrigan should feel free to stunt all sorts of things off her psionic array, including deflection/reflection (see the Queen of Blades book) and practically anything else the plot demands. She's GOOD at being bad. :twisted:

Glad you like the build! I had fun making it. :D

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Mmm, very nice QoB build. I like it very much :)

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:40 pm

Thanks, Saltcrow. :D

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Just adding another voice to the "Great Job" crowd. Oh thing I would mention however is a quick going over of the build to check it would help. For example, you have 35 points assigned to advantages but only 19 listed and her Initiative should be +6 (her agility score). Finally, doesn't she deserve a higher Intimidation? If the Archon deserves a high Intimidation thanks to his raw power then I should think even more people would wet themselves before the Queen of Blades.

I've updated my booklet with her. I made a few modifications (mine is even more expensive :wink: ) but regardless I love the build.

Xarathos
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Xarathos » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks for weighing in, Murkglow - I THINK I managed to fix all the math problems, fit a few more things in that I felt like it was missing, {portion of sentence grossly inaccurate and removed}. Heh.

Thank you for paying enough attention to catch things like that . . . I really do need an editor.

Also updated the rest of my StarCraft builds with corrections mostly drawn from the changes you made in your booklet, especially the stuff involving changes in math, but I borrowed a couple of other things, too - hope you don't mind. Some of your tweaks were just too good to pass up. 8)

EDIT: Gah! Not 20 seconds after posting this and I caught myself in another math error!

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Xarathos wrote:...but I borrowed a couple of other things, too - hope you don't mind.

Not at all, you're welcome to whatever you like. After all, I'm taking much more from your builds.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby catsi563 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Exellent Kerrigan. Just what i expect from the self professed Queen B**ch of the universe.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Return to “Roll Call”