Woodclaw's 2E - Hercules, Iolaus, Xena, Gabrielle

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Woodclaw's 2E - Ready-to-Play: Rogue, Sue + Reed

Postby Woodclaw » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:05 am

Gilliam wrote:I like how you have built Reed and you have given me a number of ideas, I have tried making a stretching hero before but always felt that they were just not right.

Thanks, I have to admit that I'm not 100% satisfied with Reed, I know I've included all his key traits, but something is missing... and I don't know what.
"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!"

Sam Vimes (Guards! Guards!)

From a dark corner of my mind (my build's thread)
From another dark corner of my mind (my Deviantart page)

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Gilliam wrote:I like how you have built Reed and you have given me a number of ideas, I have tried making a stretching hero before but always felt that they were just not right.

Thanks, I have to admit that I'm not 100% satisfied with Reed, I know I've included all his key traits, but something is missing... and I don't know what.

Well if your missing something I don't know what it is.. One of the only things I can think of , is turning himself into a wheel so he can roll (speed).

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:38 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:

Well if your missing something I don't know what it is.. One of the only things I can think of , is turning himself into a wheel so he can roll (speed).

Since Elongation allow a limited form of Speed - one can move his maximum Elongation rank as a Move Action - I think that the wheel trick is just a descriptor. Thanks for the note anyway.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

#433 Ready-to-Play: Wonder Woman

Postby Woodclaw » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:37 am

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." (Mal Reynolds)

M&M2E Ready-to-Play Archetype

Truth is my weapon.

Wonder Woman
Princess Diana of Themiscyra

Archetype: Paragon (demi-goddess)
Power Level: 10 (150pp)
Trade-Offs: Att +0/Dam +0; Def +2/Tou -2
Degree of Player Difficulty: (Beginner|Novice|Intermediate|Expert)
Degree of GM Difficulty: (Beginner|Novice|Intermediate|Expert)
Relevant Rules: Feats as Power Feats, Focus, Grapple

Abilities: STR: 30 (+10), DEX: 16 (+3), CON: 26 (+8), INT: 14 (+2), WIS: 16 (+3), CHA: 16 (+3)

Skills: Diplomacy 5 (+8/+12 [Attractive]), Handle Animal 5 (+8), Intimidate 5 (+8), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 4 (+6), Knowledge (history) 5 (+7), Knowledge (tactics) 6 (+8), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 5 (+7), Language 4 (Ancient Greek, English, 2 free slots; native: Themiscyran), Notice 5 (+8), Ride 5 (+8), Sense Motive 7 (+10), Survival 4 (+7)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Animal Empathy, Attack Specialization 1 (unarmed), Attractive 1, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 1 (Status: Princess of Themiscyra), Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 4, Improved Initiative 1, Lionheart 1, Power Attack, Quick Change 1 (into costume), Rage 1 (5 rounds), Track, Truth Sense, Uncanny Dodge 1 (Mental)

[Dedicated Dodge, Defensive Strike, Improved Block 2, Improved Defense 2, Improved Grapple, Interpose, Weapon Break]

Powers:

Amazon Battle Training (Martial Arts Stance 1; Drawbacks: Focus 3 [Gauntlets of Victory]; 2pp)
  • Enhanced Feats 5 (Defensive Strike, Improved Block 1, Improved Defense 1, Interpose, Weapon Break)
Immortal (Immunity 5 [Aging, Disease, Environmental Condition 2 (heat & cold), Starvation & Thirst]; Flaw: Half-Effect [Disease, Environmentals, Starvation]; Drawbacks: Power Loss 1 [reduced effect outside Themiscyra]; 2pp)
Strength of Gaea (Super-Strength 6 [heavy load: 50 tons/90 tons when raging]; PF: Countering Punch, Dynamic, Dynamic Alternate Power 1; Drawbacks: Power Loss 1 [Countering fast or energy attacks requires the Gauntlets of Victory]; 15pp)
  • DAP: Speed of Hermes (Flight 5 [250 mph]; PF: Subtle 1)
Gauntles of Victory (Device 1 [hard to lose]; PF: Indestructible, Restricted 1 [requires Uncanny Dodge]; Drawbacks: Power Loss 3 [if arms are bound or encumbered]; 3pp)
Lasso of Truth (Device 2 [easy to lose]; PF: Indestructible, Restricted 1 [chosen by the Gods]; 8pp)

Devices:

Gauntlets of Victory (5pp of Effects)
  • Shield 2 (PF: Dedicated Dodge, Improved Defense 1, Improved Block 1)

Lasso of Truth (10pp of effects)
  • Elongation 6 (PF: Improved Grapple; Flaw: Limited [grappling only])
  • Mind Control 10 (PF: Alternate Power 1; Extra: Conscious, Penetrating; Flaw: One Command [speak the truth], Requires Grapple)
    • AP: Nullify 10 (All Illusion Effects; Flaw: Range 1 [touch], Requires Grapple)

Combat: Attack +8 (+10 unarmed); Damage +10 (unarmed), or by power of choice; Defense +10/+12 with Gauntlets of Victory (+3 Flat-footed); Initiative +7

Saves: Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, Will +7/+11 [Lionheart]

Drawbacks:
  • Vulnerable (piercing damage [very common, +1 DC]; -3pp)
  • Vulnerable (slashing damage [very common, +1 DC]; -3pp)

Abilities 58 + Skills 15 (60 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 30 + Combat 26 + Saves 7 - Drawbacks 6 = 150

Suggested Complications
  • Temper: while she's generally a reasonable person, Diana is the byproduct of a millenias old warrior culture
  • Woman Out of Her World: Diana has adapted pretty well to the present world, but her code of conduct and her beliefs sometimes clashes with those around her

:arrow: when I first tried to build Diana as a RtP I did it just for the sake of balancing, I struggled a lot to keep her within the pp/PL ratio without sacrifing any of her signature traits. The biggest problem is that Diana's abilities are in various parts dependent from a combinations of powers and devices that is pretty difficult to reproduce, I hope this version works.

:arrow: before someone crucify me for adding those two Vulnerable drawbacks, I have to point out something: Diana has been portrayed as incredibly resilient, but even human level opponents with bladed weapons have been able to injure her to a degree on occasion.

:arrow: for a player WW is easily mistaken for a basic paragon with a lower tradeoff, actually she is much more than that. Especially she's a defensive monster capable of reaching Defense +16 and counterattack on the following round with a +14 attack.

:arrow: for the GM Diana is one of those characters that has to carefully controlled, if the player is smart enough he might be able to abuse her abilties to an untold level. In particular the Defensive Strike + Accurate Attack + Lasso Grapple is devastating
Last edited by Woodclaw on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Woodclaw's 2E - Ready-to-Play: Sue + Reed, Wonder Woman

Postby JoshuaDunlow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:45 am

You did a good job I think :)

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 am

JoshuaDunlow wrote:You did a good job I think :)

I'm looking for suggestions.

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 am

Off the top of my head, you don't have a Weapon Master (Swordsman or Hawkeye), a Cyborg (Forge or Cable), or an Android (Jocasta or Machine Man).
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I am not sure how you would fit it in but perhaps you could increase Wonder Woman's Wisdom score and add Assessment to her feats but honestly all I can say is another excellent build.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am

kenseido wrote:Off the top of my head, you don't have a Weapon Master (Swordsman or Hawkeye), a Cyborg (Forge or Cable), or an Android (Jocasta or Machine Man).

Hawkeye is under revision as we speak.
For the cyborg archetype I was thinking to use Deathlok or a DC comics character if anyone can suggest a name. Both Forge and Cable aren't primarily cyborgs so I don't want to use them for a archetype.
As for the Android, I'm still trying to decide who to use.

Gilliam wrote:I am not sure how you would fit it in but perhaps you could increase Wonder Woman's Wisdom score and add Assessment to her feats but honestly all I can say is another excellent build.

Believe me I've tried to increase her wisdom, but I couldn't find a way to do it. I'll try again.
As for Assessment I don't see it as a really key part of the character, but I'll see if I can manage to squeeze it in.

Gilliam
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Gilliam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:46 am

Woodclaw wrote:
Gilliam wrote:I am not sure how you would fit it in but perhaps you could increase Wonder Woman's Wisdom score and add Assessment to her feats but honestly all I can say is another excellent build.

Believe me I've tried to increase her wisdom, but I couldn't find a way to do it. I'll try again.
As for Assessment I don't see it as a really key part of the character, but I'll see if I can manage to squeeze it in.

No you are right about Assessment, the only way I can see to increase her wisdom would be by reducing either intelligence or dexterity by 2 and adding it to wisdom.

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:28 am

Gilliam wrote:
Woodclaw wrote:

No you are right about Assessment, the only way I can see to increase her wisdom would be by reducing either intelligence or dexterity by 2 and adding it to wisdom.

Actually I found a way, but the final scores will be the same more or less. By lowering the Will save and all the Wis based skills by 1 rank I got 1+3/4pp back, so lowering another skill by one rank will be enough to get Wis 18 without altering the character too much.

Porcupine
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Porcupine » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:39 pm

The only cyborg I can think of is Cyborg, of Team Titan LOL

Im much more a Marvel comic fan then DC. Sorry. :(

But Green Lantern could be up next... if hes not some copycat of your Miss Invisible build from Fantastic 4.

Personally, I would like to see a good teleporter next. Maybe Pixie from X-men? I like her "Soul Dagger", character and background also. A character that can end up everywhere is got to be a headache for GM but good for a Player group, as they can do mission in all sort of context and everywhere in the world...
THE JOKER: Insanity is the same as gravity: all it need is a little push

Woodclaw
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Woodclaw » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Porcupine wrote:The only cyborg I can think of is Cyborg, of Team Titan LOL

Im much more a Marvel comic fan then DC. Sorry. :(

But Green Lantern could be up next... if hes not some copycat of your Miss Invisible build from Fantastic 4.

Personally, I would like to see a good teleporter next. Maybe Pixie from X-men? I like her "Soul Dagger", character and background also. A character that can end up everywhere is got to be a headache for GM but good for a Player group, as they can do mission in all sort of context and everywhere in the world...

Generally I'm more into Marvel than DC too, so I'm trying to shift my RtP a little toward the other side of the comicdom. As for a teleporter, I'm working on it.

Porcupine
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Porcupine » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Working on a Teleporter ?! GREAT !!! :D

Cant wait to see who it is... Hoping for Pixie of course :p

But Nightcrawler from the Apocalyse timeline could be good too ( I heard he can Teleport everywhere on the Earth and that he was totally awesome too!)... The original Nightcrawler is too limited in his range of teleportating and is not interdimensionnal... Then again, maybe less a headache for GM?

I dont know a Teleporter from DC comics... The only time I saw Teleporting was for from Justice League Ulimited or from one or two evil guys from the anime of Justice League.
THE JOKER: Insanity is the same as gravity: all it need is a little push

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:05 pm

At the risk of revealing my age, Snapper Carr gained teleporting powers after the Invasion storyline.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

Return to “Roll Call”