Kain's Builds (On the Wagon Again)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:16 am

The next kid to say ‘What a cute puppy’ is dead.

Alan Klett aka The Wolf
PL 14 (165pp)

ABILITIES: STR: 28 (+9) DEX: 26 (+8 ) CON: 22 (+6) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 12 (+1) CHA: 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+12), Bluff (+2), Climb 7 (+15), Diplomacy (+2), Disguise (+2), Disable Device 14 (+16), Escape Artist 2 (+10), Gather Info 4 (+6), Handle Animal (+2), Intimidate 12 (+14), Notice 9 (+10), Search 8 (+10), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Stealth 12 (+20), Sleight of Hand 7 (+15), Survival 9 (+10), Swim 4 (+12), Knowledge [Street Wise] 4 (+6),

FEATS: Attack Focus [Melee] (5), Defensive Roll (2), Dodge Focus (2), Equipment (5), Evasion (2), Improved Initiative (2), Improved Critical [Claws] (2), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Sneak Attack, Startle, Takedown Attack (2), Uncanny Dodge [Hearing & Visual] (2),

POWERS:
Wolf Form [Alternate Form; Continuous; Flaw: Permanent] (55pp) [11]
- Enhanced Strength (10pp) [10]
- Enhanced Constitution (10pp) [10]
- Enhanced Dexterity (10pp) [10]
- Enhanced Feat - Rage (2pp) [2]
- Immunity [Human Diseases] (1pp) [1]
- Speed (1pp) [1]
- Super Movement [Trackless] (2pp) [1]
- Super Senses [Normal Vision (Extended), Direction Sense, Low-Light Vision, Scent (Extended, Acute), Tracking (3), Ultra-Hearing] (11pp) [11]
- Leaping (1pp) [1]
Furry:
- Immunity [Sunburn, Cold] (1pp) [1]
Claws:
- Strike Mighty (5pp) [5]
- Split Attack (1pp) [1]

EQUIPMENT:
(25ep)
Heavy Duty Duffle Bag (3ep) [Hidden Compartment]
Cell Phone (1ep); PDA (1ep); Multi-Tool (1ep);
Knife (5ep) [+1 Dmg Roll]
Desert Eagle (10ep) [+2 Dmg Roll]
Leather Jacket (4ep) [+4 Tough]

Combat: Attack +5 / +10 (Melee) +5 Range; [Damage +9 (Unarmed) / +14 (Strike, 18-20 Crit) // +2 (Sneak Attack) / +2 or +3 (Rage)]; Defense +7 (+3 flat-footed); Initiative +16

SAVES: Toughness +8 (+6 flat-footed), Fortitude +9, Reflex +10 [Evasion], Will +6

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 26 + Skills 25 (100 ranks) + Feats 30 + Powers 55 + Combat 20 (+5Att/+5Def) + Saves 9 – Drawbacks 0 = 165 / 165

Character Info:
:arrow: Just a up graded version of the 1st one we made... We will be using this version in our up and coming One Shot with Elsa Bloodstone...
Which I am thinking about calling Red or something along that lines...
Eitherway we will think on a title that will be funny and smart.

Give you a preview of the _____ I am going to put them through here is a idea...
Click at your own risk

As always yall...

Thanks for looking at my Builds.

:!: Edited: Thanks for the help Taliesin :)
Last edited by LeopoldKain on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Please look at this stuff:
Red and Wolf ; Kain's Builds

Thunderstrike
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Thunderstrike » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:03 am

I like the latest version of The Wolf.

Why would he ever use that gun when his claws can rip through pretty much anything on the planet? Robbing Banks? :)
"HA! A natural 20! That means I win. You can fall down now. What? Are you 4th edition?" - Richard the Warlock from Looking for Group Webcomic

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:57 am

Thunderstrike wrote:I like the latest version of The Wolf.

Why would he ever use that gun when his claws can rip through pretty much anything on the planet? Robbing Banks? :)

Well in the HFH camapaign he has hind of learn something from our Seal Team 6 Person Mr. 6... Distance is sometimes a good thing....
I am thinking in most situations he will claw his way through a fight but if he gets the opertunity to pull out a gun and put caps in someones booty he might

Now I am looking at him and see that he is the build I might have always wanted him to be... I beat a dollar if I ever upgrade him again it will be some very small ideas

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:06 am

I'm not sure I'm deciphering your combat line correctly. Are you adding Str bonus to melee attack bonus and Dex bonus to ranged attack bonus and defense? Unlike d20, M&M does not add those bonuses to attack. Alan Klett, for instance, looks to be over his PL of 11 even without those bonuses.

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:08 am

Taliesin wrote:I'm not sure I'm deciphering your combat line correctly. Are you adding Str bonus to melee attack bonus and Dex bonus to ranged attack bonus and defense? Unlike d20, M&M does not add those bonuses to attack. Alan Klett, for instance, looks to be over his PL of 11 even without those bonuses.

Ill do my math again... Never know :shock:
I am still tring to get alot of thing I still consider myself a noob to this hole make charters thing :cry:

Usually that is where I mess myself up the most 2

Ok lets see...

Are you adding Str bonus to melee attack bonus and Dex bonus to ranged attack bonus and defense? Yeah that is exacly what I am doing...

So is it supposed to be...

COMBAT: Base Attack +5, Melee +5, Ranged +5, Grapple +9 [Unarmed +9 (Bruise), Claw Strike +14(18-20 Crit); Knife +2, Desert Eagle +6; ]; Defense 24 (20 flat-footed); Init +16;

On the PL... its right I have doent he math like 5 times... We only used 165 points to make him :?

Dam it I need soom of you to visit Alabama so you can play a game of M&M and expain this shit to me :(

I will have my wife cook dinner fo you :twisted:

Taliesin
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Taliesin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:15 pm

LeopoldKain wrote:
Taliesin wrote:I'm not sure I'm deciphering your combat line correctly. Are you adding Str bonus to melee attack bonus and Dex bonus to ranged attack bonus and defense? Unlike d20, M&M does not add those bonuses to attack. Alan Klett, for instance, looks to be over his PL of 11 even without those bonuses.

Ill do my math again... Never know :shock:
I am still tring to get alot of thing I still consider myself a noob to this hole make charters thing :cry:

Usually that is where I mess myself up the most 2

Ok lets see...

Are you adding Str bonus to melee attack bonus and Dex bonus to ranged attack bonus and defense? Yeah that is exacly what I am doing...

So is it supposed to be...

COMBAT: Base Attack +5, Melee +5, Ranged +5, Grapple +9 [Unarmed +9 (Bruise), Claw Strike +14(18-20 Crit); Knife +2, Desert Eagle +6; ]; Defense 24 (20 flat-footed); Init +16;

You gave him Attack Focus [Melee] 5, which makes his Melee bonus +10. Then it looks like you have Dodge Focus 2, added to base defense +5, so defense should be 17 (13 flat-footed) or +7 (+3 flat-footed). No Dex bonus to defense, either. Toughness should be +8 (+6 flat-footed), +6 from Con and +2 from Defense Roll.

Strike Mighty 5pp should only be a Strike 4, but it looks like you gave him 5 (Claw Strike +14 total).

Based on the costs and the powers that you gave him, his combat lines look like:

Combat: Attack +5 / +10 (Melee); Damage +9 (Unarmed) / +14 (Strike, 18-20 Crit) // +2 (Sneak Attack) / +2 or +3 (Rage); Defense +7 (+3 flat-footed); Initiative +16

Saves: Toughness +8 (+6 flat-footed); Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 (you only spent 7pp on Saves, but you have 9pp listed in the cost)

On the PL... its right I have doent he math like 5 times... We only used 165 points to make him :?

PL and pp are not related for NPCs; they can have as many pp as the GM wants, and the PL is simply assigned to describe his challenge level.

For PCs, well, the PL and pp are generally prescribed by the GM. This character has attack +10 melee and damage +14 (Strike). Also note that Rage and Sneak Attack are PL-capped. You gave him 2 ranks of Rage, which could be a +4 Str, -2 Def, +3 Fort/Will etc. bonus for 10 rounds or a +6 Str, +3 Fort/Will bonus for 5 rounds. This makes him at least PL14, which is over the limit if you're putting him in a PL11 campaign.

Dam it I need soom of you to visit Alabama so you can play a game of M&M and expain this shit to me :(

I will have my wife cook dinner fo you :twisted:

That evil look begs the question: are you saying she can't cook?

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:51 pm

LeopoldKain wrote:Image
The next kid to say ‘What a cute puppy’ is dead.

:arrow: We will be using this version in our up and coming One Shot with Elsa Bloodstone...
Give you a preview of the _____ I am going to put them through here is a idea...
Click at your own risk

#1 that is a slick piece of art!! If it's ok I may have to "borrow" it for something I was working on for a future game.

#2 That One Shot looks like a huge amount of fun to do! 8)
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Liche
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Liche » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Damn sunburns...
The Liche

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:34 pm

Taliesin wrote:You gave him Attack Focus [Melee] 5, which makes his Melee bonus +10. Then it looks like you have Dodge Focus 2, added to base defense +5, so defense should be 17 (13 flat-footed) or +7 (+3 flat-footed). No Dex bonus to defense, either. Toughness should be +8 (+6 flat-footed), +6 from Con and +2 from Defense Roll.

Strike Mighty 5pp should only be a Strike 4, but it looks like you gave him 5 (Claw Strike +14 total).

Based on the costs and the powers that you gave him, his combat lines look like:

Combat: Attack +5 / +10 (Melee); Damage +9 (Unarmed) / +14 (Strike, 18-20 Crit) // +2 (Sneak Attack) / +2 or +3 (Rage); Defense +7 (+3 flat-footed); Initiative +16

Saves: Toughness +8 (+6 flat-footed); Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +4 (you only spent 7pp on Saves, but you have 9pp listed in the cost)

PL and pp are not related for NPCs; they can have as many pp as the GM wants, and the PL is simply assigned to describe his challenge level.

For PCs, well, the PL and pp are generally prescribed by the GM. This character has attack +10 melee and damage +14 (Strike). Also note that Rage and Sneak Attack are PL-capped. You gave him 2 ranks of Rage, which could be a +4 Str, -2 Def, +3 Fort/Will etc. bonus for 10 rounds or a +6 Str, +3 Fort/Will bonus for 5 rounds. This makes him at least PL14, which is over the limit if you're putting him in a PL11 campaign.

I applied what you said... Thank you for the help it means alot... I do mean alot. :) On the power lvl maybe I should pop him up to lvl 14... I am thinking that this one shot is after we finished up the HFH camapign and by the end he should be reaching PL 14.

Also I have always been a GM who is out to kill your charter...
So a PL 11 campaign is more like a 21 in my head and if its to hard well :twisted:
So I will be out to kill off Wolf man here and Bloodstone

Taliesin wrote:That evil look begs the question: are you saying she can't cook?

My wifes cooking is great... She cooks for my group every week :wink:

Tattooedman wrote:#1 that is a slick piece of art!! If it's ok I may have to "borrow" it for something I was working on for a future game.

#2 That One Shot looks like a huge amount of fun to do!

I am hoping the one shot is fun... You know Wordmaster inspired me to try something like that with his Batman story...

On the pic let me send you the link to it... I have the sketch saved and the color saved... I just got to do it when I get home

Liche wrote:

Damn sunburns...

DAM RIGHT :!:

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:21 am

LeopoldKain wrote:Image
Say hello to my boom sticks.

Elsa Bloodstone
PL: 12 (180 pp)

ABILITIES: STR: 28 (+9/+4) DEX: 22 (+6) CON: 26 (+8/+3) INT: 12 (+1) WIS: 12 (+1) CHA: 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Acrobatics 8 (+16), Bluff (+2), Climb 4 (+12/+8 ), Diplomacy (+2), Disguise 4 (+6), Disable Device 4 (+10), Escape Artist 4 (+10), Gather Info 4 (+6), Handle Animal (+2), Intimidate (+2), Medical 4 (+5), Notice 4 (+5), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive (+1), Stealth 8 (+14), Survival 4 (+5), Swim (+8/+4), Knowledge [Arcade Lore] 8 (+9), Knowledge [Religious Faith] 8 (+9),

FEATS: Ambidexterity, Attack Focus [Range] (5), Dodge Focus (2), Elusive Target, Endurance (2), Evasion, Favored Opponent [ Monsters (2); Vampires (2)], Instant Up, Improve Aim, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Ritualist, Uncanny Dodge [Vision], Equipment (13); Improve Inactive

POWERS:
Blood Gem Choker [Device; Easy to Lose; (75pp)] (45pp) [15]
- Enhanced STR: [10] (10pp)
- Enhanced CON: [10] (10pp)
- Protection [Impervious] (5pp) [5]
- Regeneration (3pp) [3]
- Super-Senses [Dark Vision; Low-Light Vision] (3pp) [3]
- Immunity [Disease (Limited to Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Mummy Rot) ] (3pp) [3]
- Wearers Blood [Disintegration: Limited to Vampires (-1); Limited to Touch [Bite] (-1); Aura+1;] (40pp) [10]
- Enhance Feat: Fearless,

Ulysses Genie Lamp [Device; Easy to Lose; 25pp] (15pp) [5]
- Light [Alternate Power; Triggered when a Supernatural Crisis is located;] (1pp) [1]
- Teleport [Long Range; Portal; Limited to where a Supernatural Crisis is located; Unreliable; Linked w/ Light] (16pp) [8]
- Super Senses [Extended (7); Direction Sense ; Distance Sense; Limited to Supernatural Crisis; Linked w/ Light] (8pp) [8]

Regeneration (3pp) [3]
Immunity [Disease (Limited to Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Mummy Rot) ] (3pp) [3]

EQUIPMENT:
(65ep)
Com link (1ep)
Sliver Bladed Knife (5ep);
Guitar Case w/ Secret Compartments (2ep)
Uzi x 2 (24); Shot Gun x 2 (26);
- Silver Bullets (5ep)

COMBAT: Base Attack +5, Melee +5, Ranged +10, Grapple +9/+4 [Unarmed +9/+4, Uzi +4; Shot Gun +5/+6*; Assault Riffle+5; Sniper Rifle +5 (19-20)], Defense 17 (15 flat-footed); Init +10;

SAVES: Toughness +13/+8 (+6/+3 flat-footed), Fortitude +10, Reflex +10, Will +6

DRAWBACKS:

Abilities 34 + Skills 17 (68 ranks) + Feats 36 + Powers 63 + Combat 20(Att 5/ 5Def) + Saves 10 – Drawbacks 0 = 180 / 180

Character Info:
Wiki wrote:Elsa Bloodstone
Beautiful and feisty Elsa Bloodstone is the daughter of famous monster hunter Ulysses Bloodstone. Following her parents' breakup when she was two years old, Elsa accompanied her mother across Europe. Despite never knowing her father, Elsa remained curious about him. Though ignorant of her father's career, she was plagued by dreams about vampires and other creatures of the night.

Shortly after Elsa's 18th birthday, Ulysses died and left his Boston home (the Bloodstone House) to Elsa and her pregnant mother, along with all of its contents, accumulated during his millennia of adventures. Arriving in Boston, Elsa encountered several unique individuals affiliated with her father: Charles Barnabus, a pureblood vampire lawyer and executor of the estate; the clerk Mr. Dluga, his teenage son Tomas and his vampire-hating grandfather Papa Dluga; and Adam, the caretaker of the house. Actually Frankenstein's Monster, Adam helped indoctrinate Elsa into her true heritage, offering her the mystic Bloodstone Choker which bonded with and empowered Elsa. Adam also gave her other items from her father's collection, including a mystic lamp that contained a captured djinn ("genie") and served as an early-warning detection system, glowing whenever a mystical threat was active in the world.

Using the lamp, Elsa encountered Dracula in Bosnia and later helped the Living Mummy defeat the resurrected Egyptian necromancer Rakses.[2] Elsa then became embroiled in a Nosferati vampire plot to infect Dracula, Barnabus and other pureblood vampires with a virus, turning them into an eternal source of nourishment for the Nosferati. Elsa confronted Nosferatu himself, her Bloodstone Choker destroying the vampire when he tried to bite her.

After those events, Elsa and her mother had elected to remain at Bloodstone House, turning it into a curiosity shop run by her mother while Elsa continues exploring the family vocation of monster hunting in between college classes.

Recently Elsa joined up as part of Iron Man and the government's Fifty States Initiative. Elsa has been identified as one of the 142 registered superheroes who appear to have signed the Superhuman Registration Act and become part of the Initiative.[3]

Powers, abilities and equipment

Elsa has exhibited superhuman strength, speed, durability and endurance, and a regenerative ability. She appears to possess all of the abilities her father once had. In addition, She has demonstrated immunity to vampire bites (her blood will destroy a vampire if consumed and the original Bloodgem fragment itself is anathema to vampires).

In the Bloodstone series, Elsa claimed that she had inherited at least some of the Bloodgem power genetically, but it has also been shown that her powers of strength and invulnerability were bestowed upon her by the Bloodgem fragment she wears on a choker, although she does not appear to be wearing it in Nextwave #8 flashbacks to her childhood training sessions. She has also been portrayed as an expert marksman.

She has been shown to use a removable Bloodgem on a choker as well as a number of artifacts gathered by her father. These include a lamp which contained a genie whom Ulysses had enslaved years ago. This serves as an early warning system, lighting up during times of supernatural crisis, and transporting him to said crisis. In Nextwave, she carries a guitar case with a false cover, containing two Uzis and a rifle.

After looking up this person now I want to read Nextwave just to find out everything about her.

Thank you for looking at this Character Build

Thanks goes out to Liche on this suggestion :)

:!: Edited her thanks to some advise from someone... Nothing to big...
Still asking does anyone know how to set up her blood to be posions to vampires correctly... Any ideas please let me know...

This is how I will know this one shot will be funny...

Oh and...

Full Pic Click Here
Last edited by LeopoldKain on Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:31 am

LeopoldKain wrote::!: Edited her thanks to some advise from someone... Nothing to big...
Still asking does anyone know how to set up her blood to be posions to vampires correctly... Any ideas please let me know...

One idea could be to give her blood a holy descriptor and use the Disintegration power for damage. I thought that would work since Disintergtation can effect Fortitude or Toughness.

LeopoldKain wrote:Oh and...

Ahh, the simple pleasures of enjoying your job. :D

-- Chiun

Liche
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Liche » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:56 am

Tattooedman wrote:
LeopoldKain wrote::!: Edited her thanks to some advise from someone... Nothing to big...

One idea could be to give her blood a holy descriptor and use the Disintegration power for damage. I thought that would work since Disintergtation can effect Fortitude or Toughness.

I was thinking disintigration as well. I would also make it an aura +1, Range touch -1 and Limited only hurts vampires that bite you -1.
The Liche

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Tattooedman » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:56 am

Liche wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:

I was thinking disintigration as well. I would also make it an aura +1, Range touch -1 and Limited only hurts vampires that bite you -1.

Knew I forgot to add something to that. I need to wake up more before I open my mouth here. :oops:

Thanks for adding the modifiers. :D

-- Chiun

LeopoldKain
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby LeopoldKain » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:34 pm

Tattooedman wrote:
Liche wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:

Knew I forgot to add something to that. I need to wake up more before I open my mouth here. :oops:

Thanks for adding the modifiers. :D

No thank you guys... That is still on of the things I am really likeing about this forum is that everyone is helping each other on stuff... :)

FYI I got to do a re work on Wolf man there and then we will begin posting our story for Her and him :wink:

MorningKnight
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby MorningKnight » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:08 am

Homicidal, yet filled with such innocent glee...

Stuart Immonen does all that, and makes her look hotter than Habanero sauce eye drops. I love that book so much.

Return to “Roll Call”